PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lex
04-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I love what he has done on the field. The fact that he has produced this way as a 4th makes one even more attached to the idea of having him on the team, especially with our abyssmal luck with 1st rd WRs. But with the litany of distractions, at what point do you consider turning the page? I realize Cutler needs someone to throw to. But at what point do you do you come to the realization that it may not end well with Marshall? So then, should we trade him?

claymore
04-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I love what he has done on the field. The fact that he has produced this way as a 4th makes one even more attached to the idea of having him on the team, especially with our abyssmal luck with 1st rd WRs. But with the litany of distractions, at what point do you consider turning the page? I realize Cutler needs someone to throw to. But at what point do you do you come to the realization that it may not end well with Marshall? So then, should we trade him?
If we did, I am thinking after this season at the earliest. I wouldnt mind trading the year before he hits big money.......

tubby
04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
:coffee:

lex
04-04-2008, 10:10 AM
If we did, I am thinking after this season at the earliest. I wouldnt mind trading the year before he hits big money.......

The problem with waiting is that you dont know what he will do next and when...which is kind of why we would be trading him in the first place. And trading him in his contract year might negativel affect his trade value, since teams may want to give up less for a one and done.

BroncoJoe
04-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Good grief.

claymore
04-04-2008, 10:13 AM
The problem with waiting is that you dont know what he will do next and when...which is kind of why we would be trading him in the first place. And trading him in his contract year might negativel affect his trade value, since teams may want to give up less for a one and done.Well his value pre tv accident was high, but we need to bring it up after this last mishap.

lex
04-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Good grief.

No sizzle, no steak.

lex
04-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Well his value pre tv accident was high, but we need to bring it up after this last mishap.

I know where youre coming from but his value may actually go down. Dont you think the Bengals were hoping Chris Henry would right the ship? Im not saying Marshall is Henry. I think Marshall is more serious about being a football player but theyre similar in that they both have these lapses of judgment off the field.

claymore
04-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I know where youre coming from but his value may actually go down. Dont you think the Bengals were hoping Chris Henry would right the ship? Im not saying Marshall is Henry. I think Marshall is more serious about being a football player but theyre similar in that they both have these lapses of judgment off the field.Its when they have free time when we have to worry. I think it will go up even if he only has 500 yards and 3 td's this season.

I reall hope he straightens out, and becomes a big Rod Smith...... But i dont see him ever doing that.

Stargazer
04-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Worst thread this year!

lex
04-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Worst thread this year!

Yeah, I knew there would be people like you who automatically scoff at the idea, but do you really want to be left holding the bag when things go bad with Marshall (if they do)? Face it. He has value. He also has lack of judgment off the field thats very concerning. During the season he had a DUI. You dont think he might be a time bomb? Stick your head in the sand if you want.

haroldthebarrel
04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
NO WAY. Unless he goes on a arrest spree like Chris Henry.
The bust rate of receivers are frightening. And those that make it usually take three years to develop.
This is one place where I'd rather risk eating the sour apples.

BroncoJoe
04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Comparing Marshall to Henry or Rod Smith is asinine. He's somewhere in the middle at this point. DUI, and a wrestling mishap. BFD. I'll take his play on the field right now over his minor incidents. Now, if they continue, it'll be another story. Too early yet to pass judgement.

claymore
04-04-2008, 10:32 AM
NO WAY. Unless he goes on a arrest spree like Chris Henry.
The bust rate of receivers are frightening. And those that make it usually take three years to develop.
This is one place where I'd rather risk eating the sour apples.
GP. The Broncos need to have someone following his ass, and if we see the writing on the wall, he is trade bait. One final chance in my book.

Stargazer
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I knew there would be people like you who automatically scoff at the idea, but do you really want to be left holding the bag when things go bad with Marshall (if they do)? Face it. He has value. He also has lack of judgment off the field thats very concerning. During the season he had a DUI. You dont think he might be a time bomb? Stick your head in the sand if you want.

So Denver trades him for what? A 2nd or 3rd round pick at best. And since he's injured his value might not be as high. Then what? I am sure you seen the current roster at WR. Why would Denver trade a player away making hardly any money, but being highly productive on the football field. He's young, and has made some mistakes. But, the problems he has had are nowhere near what say Chis Henry has done. Moving one of the best young players on the team, and one of the best overall players on the team would be absolutely stupid right now and terrible for the Broncos this upcoming season.

Italianmobstr7
04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
No way should we trade Marshall. He's going to be one of the best WR in the league for years to come.

haroldthebarrel
04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
GP. The Broncos need to have someone following his ass, and if we see the writing on the wall, he is trade bait. One final chance in my book.

I give him two chances depending on the type of arrest.
I just cannot fathom how some people get arrested so often. I mean, usually that means it is only the tip of the iceberg isnt it?

GEM
04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I understand the worry with him right now, but seriously, who do we have or who can we get to replace him this season?

I can't see letting go of the potential without:

a) a replacement, we're way thin already
b) he's made seriously stupid decisions, but are any of them the kind that any every day guy hasn't made? I just can't see giving up on him this early. He's young and dumb, true. I think there would be more reason to trade Henry over Marshall.

Hopefully, he can get his ish together and realize the opportunity he has. This could be revisited if things keep happening, so far, I think it's just a bit to early to jump.

CoachChaz
04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I understand the point of this question, but trading him away right now will only set the offense back a little more. We're trying to rebuild and bringing in a new WR or two will only set out progress back.

honz
04-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Let's trade Jay, Champ, and DJ while we are at it.:coffee:

claymore
04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I understand the point of this question, but trading him away right now will only set the offense back a little more. We're trying to rebuild and bringing in a new WR or two will only set out progress back.Thats what Im saying. If I was open to it, it would be after this season, and most likely would depend on how Colbert does.

But, if he acts like this now, what is he going to act like when he signs a 40-50 million dollar contract?

OB
04-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Give him some time - you will never build a championship team if you keep changing the pieces all the time - If you want Cutler to develop he needs consistency in who he is going to throw to - IMO Cutler aint no Elway or Montana - he needs help to be a good QB (IMO) I dont see him as ever being a one man team (so to speak) If Cutler is comfortable with Marshall we need to keep him - If Cutler is our future - he needs people who will be there with him

And lets face it - the minor infractions germane to Marshall are becoming common place in sports - :coffee:

lex
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I understand the worry with him right now, but seriously, who do we have or who can we get to replace him this season?

I can't see letting go of the potential without:

a) a replacement, we're way thin already
b) he's made seriously stupid decisions, but are any of them the kind that any every day guy hasn't made? I just can't see giving up on him this early. He's young and dumb, true. I think there would be more reason to trade Henry over Marshall.

Hopefully, he can get his ish together and realize the opportunity he has. This could be revisited if things keep happening, so far, I think it's just a bit to early to jump.

Ive never had to miss two months of work due to roughhousing around nor have I ever had a DUI. I think its that way for a lot of people.

jrelway
04-04-2008, 10:50 AM
you trade or cut losers like ashley lelie, marcus nash, darius watts. you dont cut someone with skills like marshall. no conduct detrimental to the team as of yet.(unless his arm is messed up for good.) just a couple of immature acts that can be fixed. jeez, some of you probably think keary colbert is our saviour or something.

DenBronx
04-04-2008, 10:50 AM
this is a stupid idea. this belongs in the top 5 of worst ideas ever.

BroncoJoe
04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Ive never had to miss two months of work due to roughhousing around nor have I ever had a DUI. I think its that way for a lot of people.

You can go to work with stiches in your arm. I think the whole rough-housing incident is WAY overblown.

The DUI is another story for me. If he does something like that again, I'll change my tune.

lex
04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I understand the point of this question, but trading him away right now will only set the offense back a little more. We're trying to rebuild and bringing in a new WR or two will only set out progress back.

But if this is recurring (as it has been) isnt there a likelihood he will set us back due to suspension, injury, death or incarceration? If you look into the future what do you see coming of Brandon Marshall? Do you actually see him turning the corner? If so, then its an obvious answere. If youre less certain on that question, you have to face the fact that replacing him is never going to be easy, and with that in mind whether we should bite the bullet now. What if trading him now means getting two less talented but more reliable WRs?

LRtagger
04-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldnt be totally opposed to it if we had a plan to replace him with someone who is as good, but I think that would be impossible. We would almost be forced to reach for a WR with our first round pick and then probably select one in the 4th as well...and one of them would have to either be our #1 or our #2 and Colbert might be our #1. No thanks. If we looked to trade, who would we trade for? What is Marshall's current trade value?

IMO, you couldnt ask for anything more in a player when he's in uniform. He is a hard worker and he does what he is supposed to do on every play. He is young but he IS a wide receiver, after all. We should give him the benefit of the doubt and let him get his act together and mature a bit. He is a smart guy and I think he will realize what he needs to do to make it right or he could risk losing it all...especially with the publicity of Chris Henry's release and the probability that he will be suspended for at least a year.

GEM
04-04-2008, 11:05 AM

So you have never in your life had a mishap. How fortunate for you. You've never roughhoused? Wow, I'm sorry, it's actually pretty fun. There are a crapload of people with DUI's right now, and not just in football. ;)

Look, I admitted, he hasn't played it very smart, but he's also not sticking a steroid needle in his ass. He's not banging strippers heads against a stage. This is dumb mistakes on the part of a young man who has been thrust into the limelight and given a lot of chump change. Hopefully he grows out of it and matures. But I don't see him as a cancer or a bad guy. That's just my opinion.

Mike
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Lex, I like the way you think. You should go work for the Chiefs.

:D

lex
04-04-2008, 11:12 AM
So you have never in your life had a mishap. How fortunate for you. You've never roughhoused? Wow, I'm sorry, it's actually pretty fun. There are a crapload of people with DUI's right now, and not just in football. ;)

Look, I admitted, he hasn't played it very smart, but he's also not sticking a steroid needle in his ass. He's not banging strippers heads against a stage. This is dumb mistakes on the part of a young man who has been thrust into the limelight and given a lot of chump change. Hopefully he grows out of it and matures. But I don't see him as a cancer or a bad guy. That's just my opinion.

Not two on that scale. I dont see him as a cancer either. That was never the issue. The bigger issue is that we keep hoping this nonsense will stop but what if it doesnt?

lex
04-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Lex, I like the way you think. You should go work for the Chiefs.

You should go work for the other burger joint.

Look whatever happens I hope it works out, but the longer it goes on the less certain I am that the Brandon Marshall is a story that doesnt end badly.

Mike
04-04-2008, 11:15 AM

Easy tigger. Just playing with you. :rolleyes:

honz
04-04-2008, 11:20 AM

Look whatever happens I hope it works out, but the longer it goes on the less certain I am that the Brandon Marshall is a story that doesnt end badly.
Trading him ends badly. There is no way we get anyone or anything in return that is as good as Marshall or has the potential of Marshall. Brandon is an absolute stud WR and will be one of the best in the league for the next 10 years or so.

NightTrainLayne
04-04-2008, 11:20 AM
The DUI is easily the worst thing that he's done.

The next worst was avoiding training camp by nursing his injury last off-season.

The rest is pretty minor, although this last incident has some pretty bad ramifications for his off-season conditioning/training/workouts.

So far, none of this stuff has effected his onfield performance. I am not going to crucify anyone for a DUI, and the rest are incidents much less agregious than others we have seen even from other Bronco players in the past.

We are over-reacting to all this. It is not good that he seems to have a black cloud hanging over his head and following him around, but to this point he hasn't done anything to earn trade rumors.

Hopefully, he learns from all this and grows from it. He has too much talent to write him off for these indiscretions.

Rex
04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
IF his arm is completely healthy, it would be crazy to trade him at this point. Secondly, what kind of trade value does a guy with a "rep" and gashed arm have?

underrated29
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
lex, he is not a time bomb. Terrel owens, randy moss, cj they are time bombs. Ryan leaf was a time bomb.

He had a dui, no biggie. he learnt his lesson and hasnt done it again. Hoenstyl, who here has not driven drunk.

everyone gets into trouble at some point.

WRESTLING WITH FAMILY is no big deal. I was once walking in my house and tripped over my turtle- yes my turtle- and i went through a wall. Shit happens

There is no need to trade him, he is not a time bomb and he is a pretty smart guy. The only knock on him is the dui. And like i said, i bet you atleast 30% of nfl players have had one weather they were in the nfl yet or not.

lex
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Trading him ends badly. There is no way we get anyone or anything in return that is as good as Marshall or has the potential of Marshall. Brandon is an absolute stud WR and will be one of the best in the league for the next 10 years or so.

OK but what if trading Marshall yields two WRs that arent as good as Marshall, but what if it also yields two WRs who are better than Colbert? Having two guys who, though arent as talented as Marshall, would give Jay more options and allow him to spread it around more and in doing so might improve the passing game overall.

CoachChaz
04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
But if this is recurring (as it has been) isnt there a likelihood he will set us back due to suspension, injury, death or incarceration? If you look into the future what do you see coming of Brandon Marshall? Do you actually see him turning the corner? If so, then its an obvious answere. If youre less certain on that question, you have to face the fact that replacing him is never going to be easy, and with that in mind whether we should bite the bullet now. What if trading him now means getting two less talented but more reliable WRs?

I think it was on the Freak, but I've said before that I completely see Brandon living up to his college nickname. I can't stand TO and I won't be able to stand Marshall if he acts like him. If Kolbert turns out to be a solid player and we can get another good WR, then I have no problem trading Marshall before he gets too big for his own good...as long as we actually benefit from the trade.

nevcraw
04-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Had he not got into the the situation w/ his GF and the cabbie, none of the other stuff would matter.
But look, Lawrence Taylor Spent years doing worse crap in NY and they covered it up and they took care of him. Shanny may have to turn a blind eye to his stupidity as long as he puts it on the field and doesn't do anything unforgivable..

silkamilkamonico
04-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I think we would get a 3rd round pick at best, and we need draft picks.

Trading Marshall would be taking serious steps back in this organization, IMHO. Yea he has some problems, but losing him makes Keary Colbert our #1 WR with no replacement plan in place.

Yes, that Keary Colbert.

honz
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
OK but what if trading Marshall yields two WRs that arent as good as Marshall, but what if it also yields two WRs who are better than Colbert? Having two guys who, though arent as talented as Marshall, would give Jay more options and allow him to spread it around more and in doing so might improve the passing game overall.
I understand what you are saying, but trading Marshall as a knee jerk reaction would be foolish. He hasn't been in trouble with the law or started feuds with teammates lately, has he? I am pretty sure Cutler would rather have a stud WR than 2 mediocre WRs...you can always draft a WR or get one next offseason if Colbert doesn't work out.

I swear Broncos fans are the most paranoid/pessimistic fans ever. People are overreacting big time to a freak accident that could have happened to anyone. Give him a chance to prove himself this year(only his 3rd in the NFL) and if he screws up again, then maybe we can start talking about trading him.

silkamilkamonico
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Having two guys who, though arent as talented as Marshall, would give Jay more options and allow him to spread it around more and in doing so might improve the passing game overall.

Brandon Marshall is the WR Denver's been looking for, since, Rod SMith in his glory days.

Take Marshall out of the equation, and Denver's not only looking for a replacement for Marshall, but a legit #2.

It's quite conceivable that Shanahan never will find that #2. Take Marshall out and it's even more likely he won't ever find a #1.

HolyDiver
04-04-2008, 11:59 AM

He's the best Receiver in football...............Makes TO look timid. He's getting it figured out, so, no need to think we need to trade him.

lex
04-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I understand what you are saying, but trading Marshall as a knee jerk reaction would be foolish. He hasn't been in trouble with the law or started feuds with teammates lately, has he? I am pretty sure Cutler would rather have a stud WR than 2 mediocre WRs...you can always draft a WR or get one next offseason if Colbert doesn't work out.

I swear Broncos fans are the most paranoid/pessimistic fans ever. People are overreacting big time to a freak accident that could have happened to anyone. Give him a chance to prove himself this year(only his 3rd in the NFL) and if he screws up again, then maybe we can start talking about trading him.

No, I dont think you do understand. You say its a freak occurrence when the entire premise of the thread was that its not actually a freak occurrence. You also asked if he has been in trouble with the law. Yes. The fact that he has had a DUI has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. Its hardly kneejerk. And if you wait til next time, you have no idea how bad next time will be.

JONtheBRONCO
04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
What? Ummm.... Not only, "NO" but HELL NO!

OB
04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
What scared me the most was actually looking at our WR corp because of this thread :eek:

Gosh we are kinda in bad shape - we need DT's and OL's and WR's and guys who can do a good job on ST

So basically we have a good QB, a good TE, hopefully a healthy #1WR, and a decent but aging secondary - Im getting depressed - someone point out the flaws in this post - please :pray:

Anyone know how current they keep the roster at broncos.com?

lex
04-04-2008, 12:14 PM
He's the best Receiver in football...............Makes TO look timid. He's getting it figured out, so, no need to think we need to trade him.

The fact that he is a good receiver was acknowledged at outset. What evidence is there to make you think he is getting it figured out? There was the DUI, the arm in the tv, pluss apparently he is constantly being rebuked by one thing or another.

tubby
04-04-2008, 12:14 PM
What? Ummm.... Not only, "NO" but HELL NO!

I can't believe you just tossed that keg over a full grown maple tree. :eek:

HolyDiver
04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
The fact that he is a good receiver was acknowledged at outset. What evidence is there to make you think he is getting it figured out? There was the DUI, the arm in the tv, pluss apparently he is constantly being rebuked by one thing or another.

I just don't think he's like Pacman and Chris Henry..............He's more of a Cris Carter type...............Troubled early on, then quickly learned from his mistakes to become one of the All-time greats.

Rex
04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I can't believe you just tossed that keg over a full grown maple tree. :eek:

Is Jon that strong?

OB
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
No, I dont think you do understand. You say its a freak occurrence when the entire premise of the thread was that its not actually a freak occurrence. You also asked if he has been in trouble with the law. Yes. The fact that he has had a DUI has been mentioned multiple times in this thread. Its hardly kneejerk. And if you wait til next time, you have no idea how bad next time will be.

Lex - a dui - not THAT big a deal - did anyone ever find out what his blood alcohol level was - i did a quick google and none of the stories I read mentioned any #'s - you can get a dui for blowing a .08 and its not all that hard to get your blood alcohol level to that point -

but i found this article very interesting

Cutler Calls out Marshall

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3324479

Sorry if its a repeat

tubby
04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Is Jon that strong?

Oh hell yeah. He would twirl HD like a baton.

Rex
04-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh hell yeah. He would twirl HD like a baton.

I didnt know he was huge and strong like that.:confused:

tubby
04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I didnt know he was huge and strong like that.:confused:

He can lift 225 lbs.......41 times.

BroncoAV06
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
What scares me is how many people here are ok with driving drunk! And no everyone has not done it, it is a very stupid thing to do. I am for a 2nd chance on that since this country absolutly does nothing to drunk drivers but more DUI's then yes that is a problem.

As for Marshall, he has not been charged with buying alcohol for minors like Henry, did not just get in a fight with an 18 year old and use a beer bottle to break said 18 year olds window, etc..

Like most have pointed out and I will again, his was a home inccident, not out at the club, making it rain etc..

Cutler has spoke his mind, Champ said he will keep an eye out, Shany as well has said his words so Brandon knows that he just can not take anymore chances. You can not trade a player with so much more potnetial and game breaking ability at this moment. If more happens then that is on Marshall and the Broncos like any other team in the NFL will deal with that at that moment. But Brandon knows what is expected and he will decide how it will work out for him and the Broncos.

topscribe
04-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Would this discussion be taking place had BMarsh not fallen and hurt himself?
Since when is wrestling with one's brother a character flaw? He went through
the two scrapes last year, but this is not to be placed on the same level as
those.

BMarsh has been through some things that he needs to grow out of. And he
will. He has already said bluntly, "I need to grow up." Have we heard anything
like that from the lips of the likes of T.O., Moss, or Chris Henry? He has
friends, such as Champ, Rod, and Cutler, who have announced in one way or
another that they are taking him under their wings. I wish I would have had
friends of that nature at his age.

That is BMarsh, the man. As for BMarsh, the football player, we haven't had
such a receiving talent here since Lionel Taylor. If he becomes a baby raper
or bank robber, or if he becomes a crack addict, then can him. Until then,
he is worth putting up with a couple minor things until he grows out of them.

IMHO.

-----

lex
04-04-2008, 12:52 PM
What scares me is how many people here are ok with driving drunk! And no everyone has not done it, it is a very stupid thing to do. I am for a 2nd chance on that since this country absolutly does nothing to drunk drivers but more DUI's then yes that is a problem.

As for Marshall, he has not been charged with buying alcohol for minors like Henry, did not just get in a fight with an 18 year old and use a beer bottle to break said 18 year olds window, etc..

Like most have pointed out and I will again, his was a home inccident, not out at the club, making it rain etc..

Cutler has spoke his mind, Champ said he will keep an eye out, Shany as well has said his words so Brandon knows that he just can not take anymore chances. You can not trade a player with so much more potnetial and game breaking ability at this moment. If more happens then that is on Marshall and the Broncos like any other team in the NFL will deal with that at that moment. But Brandon knows what is expected and he will decide how it will work out for him and the Broncos.

FWIW

Marshall has found himself in the news a lot lately. He faces a DUI charge stemming from an October incident and had a spat with his girlfriend last year that landed him in court. And he was partying with Darrent Williams the night the cornerback was slain in a drive-by shooting on Jan. 1, 2006. Former teammate Javon Walker said Marshall sprayed champagne on some bar patrons, sparking a confrontation that preceded the shooting, which remains unsolved.

"I've talked to him many times. I think a lot of people have. ... He knows he's running out of chances," Cutler said. "This wasn't like his DUI and other stuff he's had. It was an accident, but still, things like that can't happen. He knows it.

"But like I told him, I said, 'Brandon, they're going to quit giving you chances and you're going to have to go somewhere else. And that's going to be a shame.'"

Marshall said last week that he realizes he has to grow up and that his freak injury was a wakeup call.

"His DUI was a wakeup call," Cutler retorted. "He's had many wakeup calls. I mean, he's been in [coach Mike] Shanahan's office many times. I've been up there with him. He said the same thing: 'This is a wakeup call. This is the last thing that's going to happen. Blah blah blah.' I mean, until he goes out and proves it, we'll see what happens.'"

BeefStew25
04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I am going to dread that big money contract he is going to get. We need him locked up during the week and the offseason.

honz
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
The keyword you missed in my post was "lately". Like someone else said, if Brandon doesn't have a freak accident while wrestling with his brother, no one is even thinking about trading him.

turftoad
04-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Great idea. Lets trade Marshall so Colbert can be our #1 wide out. :tsk:

atwater27
04-04-2008, 05:30 PM
the poll results resemble an average score of us vs San Diego.

weazel
04-04-2008, 05:36 PM
you cant trade him, given the chance that he settles down, he could be the best WR in the league. He has the skills to be a Jery Rice type player. Before you start laughing, Im not saying that he will ahve Jerry Rice numbers at the end of his career, but he has the YAC abilities that Rice had. He is a very explosive player, unfortunately, so is his personality.

UnderArmour
04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Is this a joke?

Den21vsBal19
04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't think that we can afford to trade him right now, he's one of the few players that truly has the 'Wow' factor, the feeling that any time he touches the ball he can make something amazing happen.............

That being said, he's got to be drinking in the last chance saloon, any more screwups, and I think we'll be looking to get rid

Tned
04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Voted no, as it was a no brainer. We don't have a number 2 receiver, so that would be the first strike against any thoughts of trading Marshal.

Beyond that, there just isn't enough upside in trading him. Marshall has shown he can be a dominant player on the field. However, he hasn't done enough to get big time value for him, so that means we would most likely get a mid draft pick, maybe a late 2nd, but probably not that good. Then, we turn around and use the draft pick on a total crap shoot player.

Yes, you can argue we could use that pick packaged with an existing pick to move up in the draft, but the fact is that we would still be moving a player we have seen can be dominant for a crap shoot in the draft.

Lonestar
04-04-2008, 06:40 PM
The keyword you missed in my post was "lately". Like someone else said, if Brandon doesn't have a freak accident while wrestling with his brother, no one is even thinking about trading him.

NOBODY is :salute:

Lonestar
04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
folks the only reason I'd even consider it is if one of the top five teams in the draft were to offer their #1 for him and our #4.. They get an instant WR (few of them in the league) verses a maybe at 1-5 and do not have to pay him BIG bucks for two more years..

BUT We all know that this is not gonna happen..

Beyond that the thought of it is beyond dumb..

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Not two on that scale. I dont see him as a cancer either. That was never the issue. The bigger issue is that we keep hoping this nonsense will stop but what if it doesnt?

What you're suggesting is trade him away right because might not settle down. I don't think that would be a good idea Lex. Besides who do we replace our number one receiver with?

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 07:03 PM
folks the only reason I'd even consider it is if one of the top five teams in the draft were to offer their #1 for him and our #4.. They get an instant WR (few of them in the league) verses a maybe at 1-5 and do not have to pay him BIG bucks for two more years..

BUT We all know that this is not gonna happen..

Beyond that the thought of it is beyond dumb..

But where do we find a legitmate number one receiver for this year? This draft isn't going to yield a wide receiver for this year thats worthy of a top ten pick and I don't know of any on the open market.

Lonestar
04-04-2008, 07:42 PM
But where do we find a legitmate number one receiver for this year? This draft is going to yield for this year and I don't know of any on the open market.

Since it would never happen I had not worried about it..

broncosfanscott
04-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Trade B.Marsh? Uhhhhhh..........NO!

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Since it would never happen I had not worried about it..

Good for you. F.Y.I. neither have I. :coffee:

Hobe
04-04-2008, 08:45 PM
**** No!

Simple Jaded
04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Why would Denver trade Marshall? Seriously? He's had a DUI, fought with his girlfriend and cut his arm, is this really a "litany of distractions"?

Count me as one of those that automatically scoff at the idea, it's stupid.

Considering Denver has Marshall and......:confused:......and?......and Marshall at WR, he has more value to the Broncos than he has on the trade market.

You wanna trade him cause he cut his arm? Wow.......

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Why would Denver trade Marshall? Seriously? He's had a DUI, fought with his girlfriend and cut his arm, is this really a "litany of distractions"?

Considering Denver has Marshall and......:confused:......and?......and Marshall at WR, he has more value to the Broncos than he has on the trade market.

It's not going happen. He's made some bad choices it's nothing that rises to the level of Chris Henry or Pacman Jones.

Simple Jaded
04-05-2008, 01:27 AM
It's not going happen. He's made some bad choices it's nothing that rises to the level of Chris Henry or Pacman Jones.

This thread is an example of why sports talk radio and such make a huge production about it, because there are actually a lot of people that think Marshall's accident is further proof that he's destined for Henry/Jones heights of dooshness.

I'm think that Brandon Marshall is an idiot, I have since his incident with Bates, but that doesn't mean he is destined to implode......he's 25years old, for cryin out loud, and I see no reason not to pull for the idiot.

This issue has been blown out of proportion......

BroncoBJ
04-05-2008, 02:11 AM
:lol: Thanks for the good laughs.

And no we shouldn't trade him.

NameUsedBefore
04-05-2008, 03:10 AM
Marshall is the best WR Denver has and that's largely based off of (huge) potential. Take him away and we got a career slot receiver and a bunch of scrubs. If we take the field with Colbert, Martinez and Stokley as our receiving core expect to see Cutler blitzed onto IR.

Drill-N-Fill
04-05-2008, 03:53 AM
We should trade Marshall. I heard Chris Henry is available for 8 games next year. :tsk:

HolyDiver
04-05-2008, 09:29 AM
There is not another Receiver in the leauge that can flatten Defensive ends..............The second most receptions in a season in Bronco history...............Great blocker, better than Rod..............Great after the catch, second to NONE in the NFL..............Good speed...............good hands...........If he plays his cards right....he'll become not just a Bronco legend.............but one of the All-time greats. ..............They'll be talking about Marshall like they do Bronko Nagurski, Larry Csonka and Earl Campbell............all punishers.

lex
04-05-2008, 10:05 AM

No. Your reading comprehension sucks. Lets just start there and work our way back. Its more out of concern of what will happen next. Its concerning. And Im actually not 100% committed to the idea of trading him but its an idea worth considering. Do you really want to be left holding the bag, if/when the next time it happens when it could be worse?

lex
04-05-2008, 10:07 AM
There is not another Receiver in the leauge that can flatten Defensive ends..............The second most receptions in a season in Bronco history...............Great blocker, better than Rod..............Great after the catch, second to NONE in the NFL..............Good speed...............good hands...........If he plays his cards right....he'll become not just a Bronco legend.............but one of the All-time greats. ..............They'll be talking about Marshall like they do Bronko Nagurski, Larry Csonka and Earl Campbell............all punishers.

We know he has talent. That much is obvious. It could end really well or tragically bad. Its the tragically bad part that has me concerned.

lex
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
For those of you who are so dismissive, are you going to change your mind if/when he's in a car wreck...or who knows what else?

BOSSHOGG30
04-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Let's see....
The AFC West has

Nnamdi Asomugha
DeAngelo Hall
Antonio Cromartie
Quentin Jammer
Patrick Surtain

Why would we want to trade Brandon Marshall?

lex
04-05-2008, 10:17 AM
What you're suggesting is trade him away right because might not settle down. I don't think that would be a good idea Lex. Besides who do we replace our number one receiver with?

Trade or draft. Im not an advocate of Colbert in any way shape or form. But at the same time there have been teams that have done well without an elite WR. Jacksonville didnt have an elite WR, nor did NE two years ago. If we improve the running game, that could open up the passing game. As I said before, Im not 100% sold on trading him but Im concerned about what the next thing will be with him and how bad it will be.

lex
04-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Let's see....
The AFC West has

Nnamdi Asomugha
DeAngelo Hall
Antonio Cromartie
Quentin Jammer
Patrick Surtain

Why would we want to trade Brandon Marshall?

Why dont you read the thread?

BroncoJoe
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Marshall isn't going anywhere.

BroncoWave
04-05-2008, 10:29 AM
The vote is 66-3. The people have spoken. Your idea sucks. :salute:

EDIT: And 1 of those 3 is a Browns fan so you can't really count him.

lex
04-05-2008, 10:35 AM
The vote is 66-3. The people have spoken. Your idea sucks. :salute:

EDIT: And 1 of those 3 is a Browns fan so you can't really count him.

The idea sucks until the next thing happens and the consequences are more dire.

topscribe
04-05-2008, 10:39 AM
For those of you who are so dismissive, are you going to change your mind if/when he's in a car wreck...or who knows what else?

:confused: So if BMarsh is in a auto accident, that would be a character flaw?

-----

lex
04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
:confused: So if BMarsh is in a auto accident, that would be a character flaw?

-----

Find where I ever used "character flaw" in any of my posts.

TXBRONC
04-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Trade or draft. Im not an advocate of Colbert in any way shape or form. But at the same time there have been teams that have done well without an elite WR. Jacksonville didnt have an elite WR, nor did NE two years ago. If we improve the running game, that could open up the passing game. As I said before, Im not 100% sold on trading him but Im concerned about what the next thing will be with him and how bad it will be.

I can't see worrying about what he might do. If we trade him away on speculation and nothing major happens then we've traded away a guy who is is on cusp of being a dominate receiver in this League.

True Jacksonville doesn't have an elite receiver and New England just two years ago didn't have elite receiver. However, what Jacksonville has is solid receiving corp that can hold up for 16 games. As of right now we don't have anyone that can be solid starter for 16 games. Brandon Stokley is very good receiver but he is best suited for playing in the slot. We already know that if has start he has tendency to wear down which can lead to injury and this past season did.

BOSSHOGG30
04-05-2008, 12:00 PM
The idea sucks until the next thing happens and the consequences are more dire.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/BPEREZ02/panic.jpg

Hurry Lex!!!!... push the panic button

Colorado4Life
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
I voted yes and this is why I tend to post in "suck threads" or the lounge. To be honest Marshall is fun to watch when he is healthy so I suppose I do not want him to go, I just want the Broncos to be back in the playoffs. Offseasons really suck when the Broncos are not in the playoffs!

lex
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k9/BPEREZ02/panic.jpg

Hurry Lex!!!!... push the panic button

Is it better to wait too long?

tubby
04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
:heh:

honz
04-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I am going to bump this thread as soon as Marshall gets his 1000th yard next season and laugh at some fools...probably around week 12 or so.:cool:

topscribe
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
A couple more negative votes in this poll, and we'll have a majority! :pound:

-----

tubby
04-05-2008, 11:26 PM
I am going to bump this thread as soon as Marshall gets his 1000th yard next season and laugh at some fools...probably around week 12 or so.:cool:

I am going to bump it if he gets rear ended or hits a deer.

:laugh:

NameUsedBefore
04-05-2008, 11:29 PM
LEX LOOK OUUUUUT!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/samadriel/owned-xavier.jpg

Hoshdude7
04-06-2008, 09:58 AM
:elefant:

TXBRONC
04-06-2008, 10:02 AM
You know I don't recall seeing a poll this lopsided before.

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 03:08 PM
You I don't recall seeing a poll this lopsided before.

Your right-dead on, when something is truly this stupid you get this kinda response....:salute:

MOtorboat
04-06-2008, 03:15 PM
OK, those voting Yes, are Clay (retard), C4L (retard), Escobar (Cleveland fan), and Rick...

Hey Rick, what's your excuse?

omac
04-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I think Lex has a point; Cutler and Champ have been saying that it's always something with Marshall, and that nothing they say seems to get through to him. As of now, I voted no; I'm hoping he gets his act together, and recovers from his injuries. But just think back to before the season started last year, the thought of trading or cutting Javon Walker would have sounded ridiculous.

Watchthemiddle
04-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Marshall is by far one of the top 5 WR's on the field in the NFL when he gets his hands on the football.

He will only get better, as a player.

He is the only play maker we have on the offensive side of the ball. He can make a bad play look pretty on any given play.

I just hope that all this support and praise he is getting around the NFL ( not just on the Broncos ) will sink in.

The sky is the limit with this kid. He is no longer titled under the "lots of potential" collum, because he has mad skills.

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Marshall is by far one of the top 5 WR's on the field in the NFL when he gets his hands on the football.

He will only get better, as a player.

He is the only play maker we have on the offensive side of the ball. He can make a bad play look pretty on any given play.

I just hope that all this support and praise he is getting around the NFL ( not just on the Broncos ) will sink in.

The sky is the limit with this kid. He is no longer titled under the "lots of potential" collum, because he has mad skills.

I do not necessarily agree with shy is the limit..

I think we saw almost as much out of him was we are going to other than a few more TD''

How many more receptions is he gonna get 10 bring it to 114 per year.. Is he gonna break more long ones probably not..

Frankly if we can get 10 years of 90-100 catches each year with 10-18 TD's I'll be happy with the production..

Not many 115 guys out there.. actually not many 12 TD's guys either..

BroncoWave
04-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Your right-dead on, when something is truly this stupid you get this kinda response....:salute:

quoted for truth.

i think the only way you could get a more lopsided poll is if you ask: "are the broncos' colors blue and orange?"

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 11:22 PM
quoted for truth.

i think the only way you could get a more lopsided poll is if you ask: "are the broncos' colors blue and orange?"

there will always be a few Gorons..

Stargazer
04-07-2008, 03:17 AM
This thread... When is the NFL draft...

BroncoWave
04-07-2008, 06:38 AM
there will always be a few Gorons..

Now, now JR. P&R is that way!----->

Bronco9798
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Maybe we can package Cutler with Marshall and trade up. That sounds like a winning idea to me.....:noidea::noidea:

BroncoWave
04-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Maybe we can package Cutler with Marshall and trade up. That sounds like a winning idea to me.....:noidea::noidea:

Nah, we need to throw in Champ too to be sure we can get McFadden! CHAMPIONSHIP!

Bronco9798
04-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Nah, we need to throw in Champ too to be sure we can get McFadden! CHAMPIONSHIP!

Right, what was I thinking. Maybe someone will throw in a 6th or 7th rounder too. I'd be excited. :D

BroncoWave
04-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Right, what was I thinking. Maybe someone will throw in a 6th or 7th rounder too. I'd be excited. :D

Yep then we draft the next Tom Brady and all bets are off! Perfect season!

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 08:41 AM
claymore, Colorado4Life, Escobar, Ricky

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee212/djjazzyjess43/slasshers.gif

lex
04-07-2008, 08:59 AM
LEX LOOK OUUUUUT!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/samadriel/owned-xavier.jpg

Perhaps to someone with the reading comprehension of a turnip. From the outset all Ive said is that its worth considering which I stand behind. I said Im not 100% committed to it but Im also not 100% behind the notion that we should keep him as an absolute. But at the same time, Im kind of surprised at some of the reactions in this thread...not that I really should have ever had expectations.

Mike
04-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Perhaps to someone with the reading comprehension of a turnip. From the outset all Ive said is that its worth considering which I stand behind. I said Im not 100% committed to it but Im also not 100% behind the notion that we should keep him as an absolute. But at the same time, Im kind of surprised at some of the reactions in this thread...not that I really should have ever had expectations.

Lex, for your next thread you should run a poll asking who thinks we should trade Champ. See if we can better meet your expectations. ;)

claymore
04-07-2008, 09:08 AM
claymore, Colorado4Life, Escobar, Ricky

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee212/djjazzyjess43/slasshers.gif
If he is going to be a key part of this team he has to straighten out. I do not want a **** head as one of our key guys.

I understand your guys position on this.......... But my point is that we need to maximize his value, whatever that is. His continuous "black cloud" most likely will end up biting us in the ass.

I would not be oppoesed to trading him at the end of the season, if.......
He has a great year, but the staff recognizes that his issues will pop up again once he has free time on his hands etc.......... and Colbert steps up, and or we pick up another quality WR like maybe Earl Bennett.

I do not want to shell out 30-50 million dollars to him in 1-2 years if he is going to keep this crap up. I really want character on this team.

I would love to keep him, but he has to straighten out...... But I doubt he will. I hope his ass is under surveillance by the Broncos.

MOtorboat
04-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Lex, for your next thread you should run a poll asking who thinks we should trade Champ. See if we can better meet your expectations. ;)

Lex didn't even vote in his own poll...:confused:

lex
04-07-2008, 09:11 AM

How would that ensure meeting my expectations? That doesnt even make any sense.

Colorado4Life
04-07-2008, 09:12 AM
OK, those voting Yes, are Clay (retard), C4L (retard), Escobar (Cleveland fan), and Rick...

Hey Rick, what's your excuse?

Isn't your post just stating the obvious?

claymore
04-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Lex, for your next thread you should run a poll asking who thinks we should trade Champ. See if we can better meet your expectations. ;)There is an argument for that too. Why do we have a 100 million dollar's worth of CB's and a Dline that cant come close to pressuring the QB.

silkamilkamonico
Denver would be far better off taking their chances on him panning out or not and risk losing him to free agency rather than trade him for a 3rd round pick.

lex
Lex didn't even vote in his own poll...:confused:

Like I said, Im not 100% committed to either but its something to consider.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 09:16 AM
There is an argument for that too. Why do we have a 100 million dollar's worth of CB's and a Dline that cant come close to pressuring the QB.

Because Champ is worth every penny, and as of right now his contract is a pretty good deal considering how much guys at his level or just below his level are getting paid these days.

MOtorboat
04-07-2008, 09:17 AM

Yeah, I stated the obvious, and then asked Rick why he voted the way he did...come on C4L stay with us.:D

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Brandon Marshall had the cast removed from his surgically repaired right forearm Sunday.

"The doctor said it looks good," he said. "All we have to do now is wait for the artery to come around, but everything else is healing well." Marshall can't begin rehabbing until he's out of his sling a month from now.
Source: Denver Post

claymore
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM
You guys are thinking with your dicks. I just want the greatest value for the team. And I doubt it will be BM. The chances of him straightening out is slim to none.

At the end of this season, we need to address it, we dont know if he can even play any more so its a moot point.

Mike
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM
There is an argument for that too. Why do we have a 100 million dollar's worth of CB's and a Dline that cant come close to pressuring the QB.

There can be an argument for anything. ;)

claymore
04-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Because Champ is worth every penny, and as of right now his contract is a pretty good deal considering how much guys at his level or just below his level are getting paid these days.The only guys I know of making that kind of money at CB are on losing teams.

Mike
04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
You guys are thinking with your dicks. I just want the greatest value for the team. And I doubt it will be BM. The chances of him straightening out is slim to none.

At the end of this season, we need to address it, we dont know if he can even play any more so its a moot point.

How long has it taken the Broncos to find a quality WR? Now you want to trade him because he "might" become an issue down the line?

I am just not sure how trading one of your young budding superstars based around what "might" happen is thinking greatest value for the team. :confused:

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
How is this thread continuing to live?

lex
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
How is this thread continuing to live?

He asks this question while posting in this thread. Wow, just wow. This is the kind of stuff Im talking about.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 09:42 AM
He asks this question while posting in this thread. Wow, just wow. This is the kind of stuff Im talking about.

:confused:

lex
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM

Im not surprised at this.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
It's a stupid thread, and even dumber idea. Check the results of your poll.

lex
04-07-2008, 09:52 AM
It's a stupid thread, and even dumber idea. Check the results of your poll.

Not really. It depends recognizing two things: 1. Whether or not we think he is done with these lapses of judgment...and that there is nothing to indicate that he is; 2. That it depends on what we might get for him.

lex
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Lex can get a job with ESPN and Monday night football.... they too don't give a shit what the majority of the nation thinks.

I wouldnt work for E!SPN. Youre right though in that Im not trying to win favor with the majority, unlike some.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I wouldnt work for E!SPN. Youre right though in that Im not trying to win favor with the majority, unlike some.

So why start a thread with a poll?

lex
04-07-2008, 11:18 AM
So why start a thread with a poll?

That has nothing to do with what I just said. Starting a poll does not imply trying to cater to the majority. Its more about identifying where the majority is but, moreover (at least in this case), I wanted to stimulate discussion...you know, pros and cons.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 11:38 AM
That has nothing to do with what I just said. Starting a poll does not imply trying to cater to the majority. Its more about identifying where the majority is but, moreover (at least in this case), I wanted to stimulate discussion...you know, pros and cons.

Well, you got it... over 95% of the people who voted say that we should trade Marshall... I would say that with a figure like that, the question was kind of stupid to ask in the first place.

Maybe we should start a poll on if we think Shannon Sharpe belongs in the Hall of Fame or not.

topscribe
04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Well, you got it... over 95% of the people who voted say that we should trade Marshall... I would say that with a figure like that, the question was kind of stupid to ask in the first place.

Maybe we should start a poll on if we think Shannon Sharpe belongs in the Hall of Fame or not.

I don't think it was so stupid, just because of the results of the poll. This is a
message board where we give our opinions and seek the opinions of others.
He was seeking opinions. Let's leave it at that.

-----

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't think it was so stupid, just because of the results of the poll. This is a
message board where we give our opinions and seek the opinions of others.
He was seeking opinions. Let's leave it at that.

-----

And I gave him my opinion. ;)

lex
04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
And I gave him my opinion. ;)

You did more than that. There were a lot of valid reasons given by many for why they wouldnt like to do this but then there were also those inane ones, like "this is a stupid question". And then once a few of those accumulated there were frontrunners like yourself who tried to get out in front of it. I dont have a problem standing in the minority although Im not exactly standing in the minority...but at the same time Claymore was spot on as there are valid reasons to consider. One thing thats become apparent to me is that Broncos fans like to obsess over particular players, whereas, the minority seems to scruitinize more what would help the team as a whole...and from there it becomes an arbitrary assignment of value.

CoachChaz
04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I think this is a personnel decision where you have to know Brandon. If he gets to a point where his trade value is at a max and the the coaches foresee him becoming another TO type of personality...maybe it is better to trade him if you ge the right deal. I always look at it from the perspective of being a GM. If I'm offered a trade that increases the overall talent of my team...I'm doing it.

Lonestar
04-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I think this is a personnel decision where you have to know Brandon. If he gets to a point where his trade value is at a max and the the coaches foresee him becoming another TO type of personality...maybe it is better to trade him if you ge the right deal. I always look at it from the perspective of being a GM. If I'm offered a trade that increases the overall talent of my team...I'm doing it.

So far this is the only logical comment in the thread..

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM

I think we all know that.... I'm sure Shanahan would trade Cutler if it did the same thing.....

Cutler for Manning and 1st rounder... no brainer. I don't think we need a thread on it.

lex
04-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I think we all know that.... I'm sure Shanahan would trade Cutler if it did the same thing.....

Cutler for Manning and 1st rounder... no brainer. I don't think we need a thread on it.

Cutler and Marshall arent the same guy. Nice try.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Cutler and Marshall arent the same guy. Nice try.

Really?! They look so much a like.
:eek:

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Shanahan has already proven that he doesn't care who you are or what elite status you've made for yourself, just look at the Clinton Portis trade.

I think everyone here knows that just because you've made a name for yourself that it doesn't mean you aren't tradeable. If Shanahan thinks it will improve the team he will trade that player. If Shanahan thinks the player will be an issue he will trade them or cut them. Look no further than Lelie and Walker.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
The 102-catch forearm is healing.

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall was in Florida during the weekend getting the heavy cast off his surgically repaired right forearm.

"The doctor said it looks good," Marshall said. "All we have to do now is wait for the artery to come around, but everything else is healing well."

Quarterback Jay Cutler last week expressed both support of Marshall and disappointment in the receiver's off-field mishap. Marshall's response?

"I'm fine. I don't want to talk about this situation anymore," Marshall said. "I don't even know all that was said. I just want to get this behind me and get back on the field."

Coming off a breakout season in which his 102 receptions ranked fifth in the NFL, Marshall was on a family vacation in Orlando, Fla., the morning of March 22, when a horseplay wrestling match ended with his arm going through an entertainment system.

Marshall, 24, was immediately whisked to a nearby hospital where he underwent emergency surgery to repair lacerations to an artery, a vein, a nerve, two tendons and three muscles in the forearm and elbow area. Although the cast has been removed, Marshall will remain in a sling for another four weeks, after which he can start rehabilitation.

Marshall's doctor in Florida and the Broncos' medical staff are optimistic Marshall will be ready for the start of training camp in late July. The question then will be how Marshall's arm will function while catching Cutler's high-velocity passes.

"The injury was a little scary, but the good thing about it is I'll be able to fully recover from it," Marshall said. "I'm feeling good."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8833651

Lonestar
04-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I thought I had originally heard he waited to come back to DEN to see the trainers who took him in for surgery.. And that it was described as a scratch.

Did I not see that?

tubby
04-07-2008, 12:47 PM
To the tank.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/jribbens02/poop7.jpg

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
I thought I had originally heard he waited to come back to DEN to see the trainers who took him in for surgery.. And that it was described as a scratch.

Did I not see that?

I think in the initial reports, he down-played the seriousness of the injury but always said he was treated in Florida, than immediately came home so the Broncos could care for him.

Lonestar
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I think in the initial reports, he down-played the seriousness of the injury but always said he was treated in Florida, than immediately came home so the Broncos could care for him.

I was almost certain they said he came back here and the Greek got him to the hospital pronto.. When he saw what the issue was.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I think he implyed he immediately went to the Broncos...

NightTrainLayne
04-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Looks like Brandon is handling the aftermath of this as well as anybody could expect him to.

Hopefully, this will lay to rest the worries about a rift with Cutler. He handled it responsibly, didn't comment on it further, and basically said he just wants to get back to work as soon as possible.

Good for Brandon.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
I think the question should be: Should we trade our only threat at the receiver position, a postion that many consider a weakness of the team, as well as one that Denver has a poor history in drafting, so we can improve at another position?

Due to Marshall's off the field antics we would be smart to trade him now while his stock is somewhat high and we could always replace him with a guy like Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Ashley Lelie, Kircus, or Quitterson. There are a lot of good character receivers out there that we can sweep up. And if you don't like that we could always rely on Stokely as a #1 and have Martinez as a #2.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I just don't think he's been all that bad to even warrant a trade discussion. To compare him to the likes of TO, Henry, Irvin, etc. is really premature at this point. His DUI is the only thing that has me somewhat concerned and if he gets another one, I'll reconsider.

Hell, even the partying the night DW was killed isn't something all that "horrible". New Years evening and he's spraying champaign? Who the hell hasn't done that? The implication that he played a roll in DWill's death is ludicrous. Those killers are responsible, not B-Marsh.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I just don't think he's been all that bad to even warrant a trade discussion. To compare him to the likes of TO, Henry, Irvin, etc. is really premature at this point. His DUI is the only thing that has me somewhat concerned and if he gets another one, I'll reconsider.

Hell, even the partying the night DW was killed isn't something all that "horrible". New Years evening and he's spraying champaign? Who the hell hasn't done that? The implication that he played a roll in DWill's death is ludicrous. Those killers are responsible, not B-Marsh.

But Joe... he blocked his own driveway..........He trapped his girlfriend! Plus he has tattoos and that is just wrong.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
But Joe... he blocked his own driveway..........He trapped his girlfriend!

Yeah. I'm sure she didn't have anything of his she was trying to take.

Charges dropped.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah. I'm sure she didn't have anything of his she was trying to take.

Charges dropped.

I'm sure she just wanted to avoid a fight and was trying to leave the house, but Marshall being the bad guy he is forced her to stay by blocking the taxi that had come to pick her up. Plus the poor girl had her favorite and most expensive pair of shoes on and couldn't walk through the lawn without getting them dirty.

honz
04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
But Joe... he blocked his own driveway..........He trapped his girlfriend! Plus he has tattoos and that is just wrong.
I forgot about his "jailhouse tats". Maybe I was wrong...we should trade him.

claymore
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Where there is smoke there is fire. Marshall has developed a pattern of bad behavior and inmaturity. I dont think he will change. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell. I am not willing to give him any more chances because he is our best WR.

CoachChaz
04-07-2008, 01:25 PM
guys with tats should automatically be assumed guilty of something.

LRtagger
04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Cutler has a tattoo of clay on his left buttock. Don't ask me how I know this.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
We should trade all of our players that are into hip hop for players who like country and classical music.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Where there is smoke there is fire. Marshall has developed a pattern of bad behavior and inmaturity. I dont think he will change. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell. I am not willing to give him any more chances because he is our best WR.

I hate that saying. Is smoldering ash considered a "fire"?

haroldthebarrel
04-07-2008, 01:43 PM
When has the value for players against draft picks ever been equal?
Yeah, you can add the contract to the mix but it still doesnt even out.
Warren was traded for a fourth rounder. How many fourth rounder has panned out to have something of near value to him?
The value for pro bowl defensive tackle was a fourth and fifth. Come tell me in three years if any of the Jags, Lions or Panthers get ONE player that plays at or near the traded players talent. I doubt any of them will.
The Colts traded away Marshall Faulk for a second and a third. People seem in their revisionist way to say that they evened(sp) out because they took James with a top five pick. In reality they lost out on a top five talent along with a HOF calibre running back.

Even if we trade a fourth rounder for Robertson and he plays only two years, we will still gain more than should be expected from a fourth rounder.
Sure we got lucky in the Marshall draft with two fourth rounders but those were exceptions. Too many people look at exceptions to side the norm away and it is stupid.

It is sort of like when we had women in our platoon. One of them could carry the weight that we had to. The other two couldnt so we had to carry a lot more. Guess who was promoted and in the media along with the concept that "if she can do it, then all other girls could"..... bah annoys the hell out of me.
End of rant...

haroldthebarrel
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Where there is smoke there is fire. Marshall has developed a pattern of bad behavior and immaturity. I dont think he will change. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell. I am not willing to give him any more chances because he is our best WR.

consider the pretty big list of receivers that are problem childs he isnt really that special of a case.
As long as he plays his butt out on the field it doesnt matter all that much to me.

had to correct that... lol

claymore
04-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I hate that saying. Is smoldering ash considered a "fire"?
Time will tell if he is done being an ass. I doubt this is his last stunt. I would be happy if after next Pre-season, I can say I was a worry wart.

Plus, if he acts this way now what is he going to do when he hits his payday?

BTW, I dont care if he is black, and has tattoos. I do care that he isnt a very good role model.

I know Im not wasting money on his jersey for awhile.

HolyDiver
04-07-2008, 02:04 PM

Try and remember Cris Carter started out with alot of problems...........later in his career he was a mentor to Moss.............I believe in Brandon Marshall.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
HD, you just surpassed 2,000 posts. You're 10% there...

topscribe
04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I forget now where I read it, but one of the media did report what I thought
was a pretty classy response from BMarsh. He said that he didn't know what
all was said, but he wasn't worried about it and that he was just eager to get
back onto the football field.

I think he'll be all right . . .

-----

HolyDiver
04-07-2008, 02:08 PM
HD, you just surpassed 2,000 posts. You're 10% there...

Yeah, nothing compared to 24,000 I guess, huh?

broncohead
04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
If we got rid of Marshall it would set this team back for at least 3 years. Take away Marshall and we would be lucky to score over 14 points. This MINOR insedence didn't get him into trouble with the law. You people are just over reacting.

haroldthebarrel
04-07-2008, 03:58 PM
The last stunt by Marshall just seemed like a very unfortunate incident more so than lack of maturity. I know there are reports out there, and I suspect there are more the media has sworn not to tell. Yet, I do think that if he should be crucified, then at least crucify him for something that he did that was really immature and not just unfortunate.(Yes he shouldnt have lied about it, that was immature, but the whole incident just screams more misfortune than immaturity to me).

claymore
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM
If Cutler is going to the media and saying he is sick of it, then I would have to say there is allot more to this.

It really doesnt matter how much we like or dislike the guy, he has to have a lights out year this year in order to keep the same level of protection he has received thus far.

BroncoJoe
04-07-2008, 04:09 PM
I think if you haven't watched the actual interview, you need to. I think Cutler's statements are being taken out of context a bit.

topscribe
04-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I think if you haven't watched the actual interview, you need to. I think Cutler's statements are being taken out of context a bit.

I did watch it, and it seemed Cuter did not "go to" the media, but that he was
there for a routine press conference, and they brought it up to him. Isn't that
what seems to have taken place?

-----

BANJOPICKER1
04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I give him two chances depending on the type of arrest.
I just cannot fathom how some people get arrested so often. I mean, usually that means it is only the tip of the iceberg isnt it?

I thought he got arrested 1 time??A DUI,which just about anyone who has gone to a Bronco game has most likely faced??:salute:
Quit being a football nazi...Its real life sometimes..:D

NameUsedBefore
04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I did watch it, and it seemed Cuter did not "go to" the media, but that he was
there for a routine press conference, and they brought it up to him. Isn't that
what seems to have taken place?

-----

Aye. It appears the media tried to make it into something it wasn't, but it looks like reality won in the end (no matter how celebrative Chargers fans initially were to hear this :lol: )

DenBronx
04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I forget now where I read it, but one of the media did report what I thought
was a pretty classy response from BMarsh. He said that he didn't know what
all was said, but he wasn't worried about it and that he was just eager to get
back onto the football field.

I think he'll be all right . . .

-----

here you go top. it was from the denver post.

Marshall has cast removed
But rehab still month away
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/06/2008 10:58:20 PM MDT

Brandon Marshall: "I just want to get this behind me and get back on the field." (Post file)

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall was in Florida during the weekend getting the heavy cast off his surgically repaired right forearm.

"The doctor said it looks good," Marshall said. "All we have to do now is wait for the artery to come around, but everything else is healing well."

Quarterback Jay Cutler last week expressed both support of Marshall and disappointment in the receiver's off-field mishap. Marshall's response?

"I'm fine. I don't want to talk about this situation anymore," Marshall said. "I don't even know all that was said. I just want to get this behind me and get back on the field."

Coming off a breakout season in which his 102 receptions ranked fifth in the NFL, Marshall was on a family vacation in Orlando, Fla., the morning of March 22, when a horseplay wrestling match ended with his arm going through an entertainment system.

Marshall, 24, was immediately whisked to a nearby hospital where he underwent emergency surgery to repair lacerations to an artery, a vein, a nerve, two tendons and three muscles in the forearm and elbow area. Although the cast has been removed, Marshall will remain in a sling for another four weeks, after which he can start rehabilitation.

Marshall's doctor in Florida and the Broncos' medical staff are optimistic Marshall will be ready for the start of training camp in late July. The question then will be how Marshall's arm will function while catching Cutler's high-velocity passes.

"The injury was a little scary, but the good thing about it is I'll be able to fully recover from it," Marshall said. "I'm feeling good."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8833651

TXBRONC
04-07-2008, 10:40 PM
here you go top. it was from the denver post.

Marshall has cast removed
But rehab still month away
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/06/2008 10:58:20 PM MDT

Brandon Marshall: "I just want to get this behind me and get back on the field." (Post file)

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8833651

I think one of the most important lines in the article is one I bolded on Jay.

BroncoBJ
06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
http://www.lvrj.com/news/20638769.html

Metro's investigation into the bizarre Javon Walker case has focused on two critical points after he left Body English nightclub at the Hard Rock Hotel: Who was with him at a party in the Hard Rock penthouse and whom did he leave with? And just when the story couldn't get any weirder -- on second thought, the hunch here is that it's going to get much wilder -- Walker's former Denver Broncos teammate Brandon Marshall showed up Friday at Tryst. Marshall and his cousin were also there in a Denver night club a year and a half ago, spraying champagne into the crowd and igniting bad blood with some gang members. Shortly after the Broncos players left the club in a limo, Darren Williams was shot in a drive-by and died in Walker's arms.

WARHORSE
06-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I hope this taint true........

BeefStew25
06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Do you guys think Marshall is going to suddenly get a brain?

Delgoth
06-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok I just read the article about a dozen times. No where in there does it put Marshal and Javon at the same club let alone on the same night. So before the Marshal bashing begins lets first here about this from a credible source and let them atleast be at the same club on the same night.

dekers
06-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok I just read the article about a dozen times. No where in there does it put Marshal and Javon at the same club let alone on the same night. So before the Marshal bashing begins lets first here about this from a credible source and let them atleast be at the same club on the same night.

I could not agree more.

Lonestar
06-23-2008, 10:46 PM
does not matter if they were together or not he is being beyond dumb considering all the dumb things he has done over the past few months..

Injury in TC last year

The D will incident.

DUI

Assault

Horseplay with cousin.. arm injury..

There are only so many chances with Mikey before he is out of strikes..

One would think he would have listened to Mikey when he told him there are not many more chances to grow up..

Now perhaps he did nothing wrong but like PAC man just being somewhere inappropriate should be off limits, considering his past..

honz
06-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Even if he was there with Javon...which from what I read he was not...why would it be a terrible thing? He's not the one that pissed people off and got his ass kicked.

rcsodak
06-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Tryst - 3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South

Hard Rock Hotel - 4455 Paradise Rd

Gee....is that city big enough for such stars?????? *rollseyes*

Midnight Blue
06-24-2008, 12:29 AM
And we buy this unsubstantiated rumor from a gossip columnist who goes on to talk about Darren Williams.... why? If he can't get the name of a homicide victim...whose murder made national headlines not all that long ago... correct, why do we think he'd get anything else right? Oh, and this is the second story behind the auction of Anna Nicole's lingerie....

Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes - CasinoRoyal
06-24-2008, 12:33 AM
does not matter if they were together or not he is being beyond dumb considering all the dumb things he has done over the past few months..

Injury in TC last year

The D will incident.

DUI

Assault

Horseplay with cousin.. arm injury..

There are only so many chances with Mikey before he is out of strikes..

One would think he would have listened to Mikey when he told him there are not many more chances to grow up..

Now perhaps he did nothing wrong but like PAC man just being somewhere inappropriate should be off limits, considering his past..

Dude you need to calm down. Marshall didnt get into any trouble. This was bvy far the dumbest article i ever read. Has nothing to do with Marshall but got Bronco fans like you mentioning everything he has been through for no reason. After mini camps ended and most guys left the facility Brandon STAYED for 2 extra weeks with the training staff making sure his hand was good and running routes. Brandon is fine. The whole freakin team is fine.

Jwalk - JayCutty6Goes - CasinoRoyal
06-24-2008, 12:35 AM
And we buy this unsubstantiated rumor from a gossip columnist who goes on to talk about Darren Williams.... why? If he can't get the name of a homicide victim...whose murder made national headlines not all that long ago... correct, why do we think he'd get anything else right? Oh, and this is the second story behind the auction of Anna Nicole's lingerie....

Exactly.

xzn
06-24-2008, 02:03 AM
This thread seriously needs to be deleted. What a waste of bandwidth...

BroncoBJ
06-24-2008, 02:09 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kapaibro
06-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Complete bollocks.

DenBronx
06-24-2008, 02:43 AM
im not sure im getting the article. marshall went to vegas? met walker? showed at the tryst on friday?

and....???

dang...i guess this means i need to cancel my vegas trip next week. :coffee:

if brandon wants to go to vegas then brandon can go to vegas....he's a millionaire. i dont see how an offseason vacation has anything to do with walker getting robbed.

Kapaibro
06-24-2008, 02:49 AM
DB, didn't you know that if one NFL player goes to Vegas, acts like a complete ass, and gets mugged, then every other NFL player in Vegas at any time is involved?

Sheesh! ;)

BroncoBJ
06-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Yea, Get with the Program DB.. Damn :fight:

DenBronx
06-24-2008, 03:03 AM
DB, didn't you know that if one NFL player goes to Vegas, acts like a complete ass, and gets mugged, then every other NFL player in Vegas at any time is involved?

Sheesh! ;)

i guess i missed that part. is this confined to just the city or does that include the whole state of nevada? i think a few bronco players were spotted in tahoe and reno over that same weekend.

Timmy!
06-24-2008, 03:47 AM
The sky is falling :rolleyes:

So Brandon went to Vegas after the bad things happened to Javon. Ummmm......big deal? A smart decision? Probably not....but did Brandon do anything to get in trouble in Vegas?? Ok then. Regardless, god condemn that terrible sinner for going to Vegas after Javon was an idiot. This makes the man a terrible criminal and a plague to our society. May he rot in hell. The Broncos will hence forth go 4-12, let's just get a time machine and fast forward a year......

:banghead: :rolleyes:

56crash
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM

long time no see lol.....Oh by the way do you think Ed Reed will be around when we pick in the draft *smile*

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/anim/graphics/fingrtipmm.gif

BOSSHOGG30
06-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I want to know what ever happened to what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Someone should sue them for false advertising or make them change it to What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas unless your a professional athlete.

Northman
06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Consider the source of the article, nothing substantiated. Moving along.

Kaylore
06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Remember when Norm was in Denver? That was weird.

Kapaibro
06-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Link (http://www.examiner.com/a-1456554~Vegas_police_make_arrest_in_Javon_Walker_c ase.html)

LAS VEGAS (Map, News) - Las Vegas police say they've made an arrest in the robbery and beating case involving NFL player Javon Walker.

Lt. Clint Nichols says one man was charged Tuesday with multiple felonies including kidnapping and robbery and police are looking for a second suspect.

He says Walker got into a vehicle with the two men early June 16 before he was found beaten and unconscious on a side street near the Las Vegas Strip.

Walker told police $3,000 in cash and about $100,000 in jewelry were taken.

Police say Walker suffered a moderate concussion and significant facial injuries. He was treated at a Las Vegas hospital.

He signed a six-year, $55 million deal with the Raiders after being released by the Denver Broncos in February.

topscribe
06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Take a look at this flick (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2674&type=broncosTV&year=&month=), then decide whether you have any worries about him. :beer:

-----

BroncoBJ
06-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Take a look at this flick (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2674&type=broncosTV&year=&month=), then decide whether you have any worries about him. :beer:

-----

Yea I saw that. Pretty good video :salute:
Doesn't mean he still can't get in trouble.

But I'd be shocked if Marshall got in trouble again.

Lonestar
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM

It is in his nature, he is immature and does not realize doing something can turn stupid in zero.3, which immediately becomes trouble when mikey hears of it..

topscribe
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM

Say, I've been meaning to tell you, I really liked your flick on Cutler.

I even downloaded it for safekeeping. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

topscribe
06-24-2008, 04:52 PM
It is in his nature, he is immature and does not realize doing something can turn stupid in zero.3, which immediately becomes trouble when mikey hears of it..

I don't think so, JR. BMarsh is really into those kids now.

Don't be such a curmudgeon! :yo:

-----

Watchthemiddle
06-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Last I checked, Walker wanted out of Denver because he was no longer the #1 guy.

Do we really think that Marshall and Walker were hanging out together in the CIty of Trouble?

I doubt that.

BroncoBJ
06-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Say, I've been meaning to tell you, I really liked your flick on Cutler.

I even downloaded it for safekeeping. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

The one of the 2007 season? :confused:

Glad you enjoyed it though. I hope to make more this year. :elefant:

red98
06-25-2008, 02:39 AM
The Broncos' leading wide receiver's new pattern - of arrests, the latest in Atlanta - has caught the NFL's eye.
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

ATLANTA — Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall was arrested here March 6 on a misdemeanor battery charge, his third arrest in 12 months and second involving a domestic dispute.

Marshall could be suspended by the NFL under its Personal Conduct Policy because of multiple arrests and alleged incidents. He also was charged with driving under the influence in October 2007 and is set to go to trial in September on that charge. A previous domestic-violence charge, from an arrest in March 2007, has been dismissed.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the league is looking into Marshall's latest arrest but had no further comment Tuesday.

Marshall emerged as the Broncos' No. 1 wide receiver last fall, but his on-field success

Brandon Marshall
Read the NFL's "Personal Conduct Policy" for players, coaches and employees
Analyze Brandon Marshall's career stats
continues to be overshadowed by his off-field drama, which, court and police records in three states (Colorado, Georgia and Florida) show, includes a history of domestic disputes with his longtime girlfriend, Rasheedah Watley. Marshall owns homes in Atlanta and Denver, where he has played since 2006, and went to high school and college in the Orlando, Fla., area.
Watley, 24, filed an affidavit in Fulton County Magistrate Court on March 5 claiming that a day earlier Marshall hit her in the mouth and left eye, leaving her with, according to the criminal warrant, "visible marks above the eye and a laceration on her top and bottom lip."

Marshall, who was in Atlanta training with Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler and tight end Tony Scheffler at the time, was booked into the Fulton County Jail on March 6. He was released after posting a $1,000 cash bond and appearing before a judge March 7.

Just more than two weeks later, on March 22, Marshall seriously injured his right forearm — cutting an artery, tendons and muscles and damaging a nerve — when, he said, he put his arm through an entertainment center while roughhousing with his brother in Orlando.

NFL's stronger conduct policy

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who instituted a stronger conduct policy last year, has previously disciplined players such as Adam "Pacman" Jones, Chris Henry, Tank Johnson and former Broncos safety Sam Brandon, each with multiple arrests, regardless of convictions in court.

Marshall's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, on Tuesday was hopeful that wouldn't be the case for Marshall, who had a breakout year in 2007, with 102 catches and seven touchdowns.

"Given the fact the NFL has known about it and I'm assuming has conducted its own investigation — we sent them a tremendous amount of information about this situation — that if something would have happened, I assumed it would have already happened," Steinberg said.

Marshall's case was turned over to the Fulton County Solicitor General's Office on June 4. The solicitor general will investigate and decide whether to file formal battery charges.

"We view this situation as a shakedown, nothing more nothing less," Steinberg said.

A Broncos spokesman said in a statement Tuesday that they and the NFL were aware of Marshall's March arrest.

"No charges have been filed at this point and the situation is being dealt with by the appropriate individuals," the statement said.

Watley's attorneys, David McGill of Miami and Mark Issa of Atlanta, declined to comment Tuesday beyond confirming that Watley is pursuing charges against Marshall.

Records show Watley has accused Marshall of similar incidents in which charges never were filed.

Didn't want to file charges

On June 17, 2006, about two months after Marshall was drafted by the Broncos, Watley called the Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, reporting that Marshall had slapped her, pushed her and thrown a phone or remote control at her head. Watley, who returned to Atlanta before calling authorities, told police in her initial complaint that she did not want to file charges.

On March 21, 2007, the pair was questioned by police in Boca Raton, Fla., after deputies responded to two loud arguments, one outside a restaurant and another outside a residence. Both Watley and Marshall told deputies that the fight was about marriage and wasn't violent. No one was arrested.

Marshall was taken to jail, however, five days later in Highlands Ranch on charges of domestic violence and false imprisonment. Watley told police that Marshall tried to prevent her from leaving in a taxi by blocking the vehicle with another car, then pounding on the taxi's windows. Those charges were dropped two months later.

Charges were not filed in Orlando two months before that, as well, after an argument between Marshall and his father, Frederick. Orange County deputies interviewed Marshall and his father on Jan. 24, 2007, after the two fought about money in a bowling alley parking lot. Marshall told police that his father tried to hit him with his car, while Frederick Marshall claimed his son had shot a gun — a statement that was not supported by witnesses. The deputy wrote in his report that Frederick Marshall repeatedly said that he would ruin his son's football career.

That altercation came less than a month after the death of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams, who was shot after leaving a Denver nightclub early Jan. 1, 2007. Marshall was at the same club, and he and his cousin had a disagreement with other patrons shortly before the shooting, according to statements from former teammate Javon Walker.

Marshall could not be reached for comment Tuesday seeking comment about his latest arrest. He last met with reporters June 12, the final day of a Broncos offseason camp, and at the time was optimistic about the upcoming season. He said his injured arm was healing according to schedule and that his goal was to catch at least 100 passes again in the 2008 season.

He also told reporters shortly after injuring his arm that it was time to "grow up."

"My goal for the summer is to be clean- cut and don't get into trouble," Marshall said March 27. "But it's kind of tough when I put myself in that environment. So I've got to take myself out of those environments and just hang around the right people."

Steinberg said Tuesday that Marshall and Watley are no longer a couple, and Marshall said earlier this month that he would be staying in Denver to rehabilitate his arm and do community service.

"He's been cleared to catch, he looks great, he plays great," Steinberg said.

Staff writers Mike Klis, Howard Pankratz, Keith Mitchell and research librarian Barbara Hudson contributed to this report.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9686832

red98
06-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Man I hope this kid straightens up.

Nature Boy
06-25-2008, 02:56 AM
I wonder what his trade value is at the end of the season should he have a great season and will definitely ask for a huge long term contract. An early 1st round draft pick?

WARHORSE
06-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Hes good.

I believe in this guy.

Nature Boy
06-25-2008, 03:12 AM
I guess if he catches 110 passes, 1500 yards and 15 TDs. Then noting else matters.

I'm still concern about his right arm. Everything sounds great and ahead of schedule but do we really know if he's got 100% functions as before. Didn't they say severed tendon? How do you fix that?

Lonestar
06-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Lets hope that if and when mikeys re-signs tis ticking time bomb gets a morals clause in this contract about doing stupid stuff and they place the signing bonus in escrow to be reclaimed if he blows it again and gets suspended..

Does the recent flurry of signing any warm bodied that has a pulse, make sense now?

Anyone that has him as an adopted bronco probably needs to draft an emergency replacement..

Probably not a good idea to bu Marshall jerseys for awhile.. Unless of course you already have a Thenry, Jwalk and gold one also..

Nature Boy
06-25-2008, 03:56 AM
So this last arrest happened in March, 2 weeks before he mangled his arm and we're just now hearing about it? Or am I just late because it's the 1st time I've read about this March arrest.

When a women isn't meant to be tamed, just let her go. Especially for an NFL star like Brandon Marshall, he can have any chick he wants at the snap.

Kapaibro
06-25-2008, 04:00 AM
How is a March arrest NEW when it is now the end of June?

Davii
06-25-2008, 04:04 AM
I love Marshall's on field abilities.

I hate to say it, but he deserves to sit out if this proves true. Even if it doesn't he may still deserve to sit out.

Man rule #1: Never hit a woman you jerk.

Nature Boy
06-25-2008, 04:33 AM
How is a March arrest NEW when it is now the end of June?

Were you aware of this in March?

DenBronx
06-25-2008, 04:36 AM
A previous domestic-violence charge, from an arrest in March 2007, has been dismissed.

how can he be suspended if the case was dismissed?

Kapaibro
06-25-2008, 04:52 AM
Were you aware of this in March?

Quite frankly, as long as he is out on the field playing his best, I don't give a fat rat's behind.

There are plenty of domestic disputes that are raised because a man holds a woman whilst stopping her from hitting him.

I'll reserve judgement until there is more to go on than 'He says/She says'

Nature Boy
06-25-2008, 05:51 AM
how can he be suspended if the case was dismissed?

Roger Gooddell makes the final call. Even if that previous incident was dismissed by the courts, team that with this March case and you have a recurring theme here.

As someone stated in a post or in the OP, I too don't think Roger Gooddell will personally takes actions because this happened months ago and Gooddell would have done something than.

Nature Boy
06-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Quite frankly, as long as he is out on the field playing his best, I don't give a fat rat's behind.

There are plenty of domestic disputes that are raised because a man holds a woman whilst stopping her from hitting him.

I'll reserve judgement until there is more to go on than 'He says/She says'

That's not the point. The point is there is a recurring theme and yes, this current case is new or at least it's new to me because it's the 1st time I've heard about it and I'm assuming that it's new to you too. Seriously, Marshall as talent as he is may not see the field if the details of this gets blown out of proportions. Or if something else happens.

claymore
06-25-2008, 06:07 AM
I care. I was so happy when we drafted this kid. So happy watching him last season. This kid has 0 chances left in my opinion. One more thing and I hope we trade his ass. Im sick of having thugs on our team.

NameUsedBefore
06-25-2008, 06:21 AM
We can't afford this. If Marshall gets himself into more trouble we might have to watch our 13-3 season (:rolleyes:) slip through the hands of Glenn Martinez.

claymore
06-25-2008, 06:32 AM
We can't afford this. If Marshall gets himself into more trouble we might have to watch our 13-3 season (:rolleyes:) slip through the hands of Glenn Martinez.Even with Marshall down Jackson or Colbrt may step up. At least we have allot of depth this year. I hope Marshall has a huge season, but he isnt going to change. Especially when he gets paid.

LRtagger
06-25-2008, 08:05 AM
how hard is it to NOT get arrested??

NameUsedBefore
06-25-2008, 08:55 AM
how hard is it to NOT get arrested??

Do you have any idea how hard it is to follow the rules of society?

MHCBill
06-25-2008, 08:58 AM
how hard is it to NOT get arrested??It's really not hard.

I do not want to see millions of dollars sunk into a thug.

That's what Brandon is.

He would have to go years without any issues for me to actually think he has changed.

It doesn't happen overnight.

GEM
06-25-2008, 09:15 AM
We can't look at 2 players differently. Henry has been lambasted for his off the field behavior, myself being one of those with a loud voice in that matter. Just because Marshall performs on the field doesn't give him a Get off the opinion train free ride. The first domestic incident was excused, now there's a second which starts to show a trend. Partner that with bad choices and it could mean that no matter how well he performs on the field he is a liability. I hope he gets his ish together, but his track record doesn't make me feel so comfortable.

Dammit Brandon, get your head out of your ass and realize what is out there for you. At your fingertips.

GEM
06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Do you have any idea how hard it is to follow the rules of society?

I'm hoping that was sarcasm.

Uhhh not that hard.
Don't drink and drive....especially when you have money out the ass to pay for drivers and cabs. CHECK.
Don't put your hands on other people. CHECK.
Don't do drugs. CHECK.
Do unto others as you would want done to you. CHECK.

Really, the list could go on and on and it's not that difficult to follow the rules of society.

BOSSHOGG30
06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I with you clay... 0 chances... one more screw up and I will be ready to write him off myself. You only get so many chances and if wasn't so young and promising I would already be saying... see ya

Marshall, Get your shit together man! You have something good going here!

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Amazing that they kept this arrest under wraps for so long.

Also Marshall's attorney's comments are interesting.

No matter what went on I am happy to see that BM is no longer involved with this woman. I hope his plan to stay in Denver for the summer works for him.

hamrob
06-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Marshall is a punk kid who thinks he's living life. The direction he goes from here has alot to do with whether he is willing to listen to those who support him like JC, the Broncos Organization etc. He's close to the level of that Henry kid from Cinci. You have to believe both guys will eventually grow up...but will Marshall be playing for the Broncos in 2yrs?

pnbronco
06-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I care. I was so happy when we drafted this kid. So happy watching him last season. This kid has 0 chances left in my opinion. One more thing and I hope we trade his ass. Im sick of having thugs on our team.

I have to say that this article really bothers me. That there have been so many different things that have gone on, it's a bad pattern. It makes me wonder if that's why the Broncos did not work on a new contract with him at the end of last season. I really hope he does grow up. I also hope the Broncos have a black and white morals clause in his contract if we keep him.

claymore
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM

No matter what went on I am happy to see that BM is no longer involved with this woman. I hope his plan to stay in Denver for the summer works for him.This goes back to what Cutler said, Issue after issue....... Im sure this happened when they were working together in Atlanta to.

NightTrainLayne
06-25-2008, 09:50 AM
This goes back to what Cutler said, Issue after issue....... Im sure this happened when they were working together in Atlanta to.

Exactly. It sheds a lot of light on Cutler's comment that "he's not my favorite person right now."

If we knew then that Marshall had been arrested a week or so before the arm incident would those folks that were critical of Culter been so critical?

I think not.

NorthernLights
06-25-2008, 09:57 AM

No matter what went on I am happy to see that BM is no longer involved with this woman. I hope his plan to stay in Denver for the summer works for him.

I'm not here to bash the young man because I think he has tremendous talent and could a have great future in the game, but a couple of things about this story may be concerning for the Broncos organization. I am curious regarding the timing of the reporting to the NFL. From the lawyer, it sounds like it was reported in a timely manner, but why did it take so long for the mainstream media to hear about it? I think the concerning part is if Brandon didn't immediately report this arrest, he could face a suspension, just like Pacman.

I'm sure more will come out on this, and I hope it turns out okay for Brandon and the Broncos. We'll have to wait and see.

slim
06-25-2008, 09:59 AM
What an idiot.

jrelway
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
just keeps getting worse.

pnbronco
06-25-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm trying to remember with Sam Brandon. Did the domestic violence happen like a year before he got the ruling that he would have to face a suspension?

Dreadnought
06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I love Marshall's on field abilities.

I hate to say it, but he deserves to sit out if this proves true. Even if it doesn't he may still deserve to sit out.

Man rule #1: Never hit a woman you jerk.

No kidding - what a scumbag. I can't even express how sick I am of having lowlifes on this roster

At least David Kirkus only beat up on other men - and I'm glad he's gone too. Screw 'em all.