PDA

View Full Version : The 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Pages : [1] 2

SR
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
The time is near friends. Let the relentless schedule, new story lines, big beards, and hard hits begin. The playoffs start next week!

GO AVS!!!

Medford Bronco
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
My team has to get in first :target: :lol:

good luck to the Avs and Penguins as well :beer:

Broncospsycho77
04-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Hopefully the Avs get a shot a Minnesota... I think that's the team we have the best shot against... and for the revenge factor from a few years ago.

Medford Bronco
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Hopefully the Avs get a shot a Minnesota... I think that's the team we have the best shot against... and for the revenge factor from a few years ago.

you guys would beat them.

It does not seem likely you face them if you win the divsion?

who knows, still a few games left to sort out seeding

also go Lightning tonight for med :salute:

pnbronco
04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
you guys would beat them.

It does not seem likely you face them if you win the divsion?

who knows, still a few games left to sort out seeding

also go Lightning tonight for med :salute:

Med you're back!! It was strange you being gone and not around to talk about the Avs. So how was your trip. Sorry about the Lighting, so what does that mean? I'm in Pueblo working a couple of days. Glad I could bring my lap top and keep checking on what's going on with this site and the hockey games.

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Med you're back!! It was strange you being gone and not around to talk about the Avs. So how was your trip. Sorry about the Lighting, so what does that mean? I'm in Pueblo working a couple of days. Glad I could bring my lap top and keep checking on what's going on with this site and the hockey games.

great trip thanks pn:salute:

The Canes need to win tonight to win the divsion vs Fla at home.

Game scares me but can get be won if played well.

if not then I hope, Philly, boston and Wash all lose :lol:

underrated29
04-04-2008, 09:03 AM
canes should be fine tonight. Although florida came out and whooped somebody butt the other night. I cant remember who it was, but i dont think they got enough in them to get passed you guys.

Do we have anyword yet when the fist playoff games are going to begin?
Is it the 12th or 13th???

Ohwell, Its game time now boys. LEts do it!

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 09:08 AM
canes should be fine tonight. Although florida came out and whooped somebody butt the other night. I cant remember who it was, but i dont think they got enough in them to get passed you guys.

Do we have anyword yet when the fist playoff games are going to begin?
Is it the 12th or 13th???

Ohwell, Its game time now boys. LEts do it!

I actually think its April 9th

Go Avs, Pens and Canes (tonight for sure then I can relax :lol: )

BroncoAV06
04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
West teams are set, TBD is how seeds 5 through 8 end up.

1) Det (Clinched home ice throughout playoffs)
2) SJ (Clinched division)
3)Minny (Clinched NW)
4) Anh
5) Dallas (95 pts)
6) Colorado (93 pts)
7) Clgy (92 pts)
8) Nashville ( 91 pts)

East:
PItt, Montreal, New Jersey, and the Rangers are all in for sure. Philly is 1 point back in the 9th spot and the last team wit ha shot to get in.

1) Pitt
2) Mon
3) Car (92 pts)
4) NJ
5) NYR
6) Ottowa (94 pts)
7) Boston (92 pts)
8) Was (92 pts)
9) Philly (91 pts)

underrated29
04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
West teams are set, TBD is how seeds 5 through 8 end up.

1) Det (Clinched home ice throughout playoffs)
2) SJ (Clinched division)
3)Minny (Clinched NW)
4) Anh
5) Dallas (95 pts)
6) Colorado (93 pts)
7) Clgy (92 pts)
8) Nashville ( 91 pts)

East:
PItt, Montreal, New Jersey, and the Rangers are all in for sure. Philly is 1 point back in the 9th spot and the last team wit ha shot to get in.

1) Pitt
2) Mon
3) Car (92 pts)
4) NJ
5) NYR
6) Ottowa (94 pts)
7) Boston (92 pts)
8) Was (92 pts)
9) Philly (91 pts)

Wow, so we cant take the division. I didnt see last nights game. Well as bad as it sounds i dont want to ovettake dallas to move into 5th. The ducks are just too strong right now. We would have a better shot at them after they have been beaten up a little bit by dallas.

So hopefully we stay where we are at, or go against the sharks. I think either team we can beat, but would prefer minny for now. either way we got a tough battle commin up.

Med good luck to the canes. IMO the best scenario would be for you to face the bruins, which as current status has you. I however have not seen the canes and bruins battle it out, so maybe that might not be the best matchup.

But imo it would be and i would say canes take the series in 5.

Dam i cant wait. Oh and yes SR- the beards are the best.

Escobar
04-04-2008, 01:59 PM
i guess i want the penguins to go all the way

underrated29
04-04-2008, 02:35 PM
i guess i want the penguins to go all the way, but then lose to the avs in the cup

There. Now you got it right.

I would love to see a 7 game series with sid, and malikin. Since i only get to see them like once every year.

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
There. Now you got it right.

I would love to see a 7 game series with sid, and malikin. Since i only get to see them like once every year.

I would take Pitt winning it all.

beat Philly 4-0 and outscore them 25-4:lol:

as long as I get at least one series for my Canes:salute:

BroncoBJ
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
wh00t.. I'm a diehard Hockey fan. :eek: :lol:

But good stuff and Go Avs :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 03:50 PM
wh00t.. I'm a diehard Hockey fan. :eek: :lol:

But good stuff and Go Avs :salute:

sure you are a diehard on hockey :lol:

you would rather watch the luge in the winter olympics over it :lol:

yes Go Avs, Pens and Canes

and keep the dirty Flyers out at all costs

BroncoBJ
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
sure you are a diehard on hockey :lol:

you would rather watch the luge in the winter olympics over it :lol:

yes Go Avs, Pens and Canes

and keep the dirty Flyers out at all costs

:lol: Naw... I dont dislike Hockey but I'm not a huge fan.
But it seems like when the playoffs roll around I can watch it more. I dont know. But I cant watch any hockey game on every day.
I'm definatly not diehard :lol:

i'm diehard football and baseball. And then I'm somewhat diehard for basketball. :elefant:

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 04:15 PM
:lol: Naw... I dont dislike Hockey but I'm not a huge fan.
But it seems like when the playoffs roll around I can watch it more. I dont know. But I cant watch any hockey game on every day.
I'm definatly not diehard :lol:

i'm diehard football and baseball. And then I'm somewhat diehard for basketball. :elefant:

lol Jay

enjoy the basketball this weeked. :salute:

hopefully I can enjoy the hockey as well :beer:

BroncoBJ
04-04-2008, 04:29 PM
lol Jay

enjoy the basketball this weeked. :salute:

hopefully I can enjoy the hockey as well :beer:

Yea, too bad I gotta work. I wish I never had to work and I could just sit down and watch sports all day. :elefant:

And have fun watching Hockey :salute:

underrated29
04-04-2008, 05:56 PM
did one of my posts get deleted??

I could have sworn i made a post in this thread about liking hockey so much better if you play it?

Did i imagine this? Did it get deleted for some odd reason? or have i just lost my mind?

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I guess I will be rooting for the Avs and Pens as my Canes look like
crap after 2 periods down 4-2 :sad:

sports has just sucked for me for about 2 years :sad:

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Enjoy the playoffs Avs fans and Pens fans

as my team choked big time tonight :mad:

remember the old days when 92 pts would be in, not anymore

I have one more chance with FLa as Red hot Wash and I know the Caps will win.

oh well.........sports suck now.

East Coast Fan
04-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Enjoy the playoffs Avs fans and Pens fans

as my team choked big time tonight :mad:

remember the old days when 92 pts would be in, not anymore

I have one more chance with FLa as Red hot Wash and I know the Caps will win.

oh well.........sports suck now.

I have plenty of room here for you if you want to jump on the Penguin bandwagon with me Med old buddy...don't give up hope yet until that final bell rings!!

"Hey, I didn't hear no bell"!! Mickey Goldmill to Rocky Balboa in the training scene flashback in Rocky 5. :D

C'mon Pens spank them Criers one more time Sunday afternoon!!!! :mad: :D

Medford Bronco
04-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Lets go Panthers

and then I can root for your Pens vs the Dirty Flyers

whomever the Flyers play is my favorite team :lol:

the Flyers are punks, enough said.

pnbronco
04-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Hey Med, I'm really sorry. I can't believe the Canes shot 46 -17, that almost hurts more. I will root like crazy for the Fla, but well you know. It has been a tough year for you in sports, maybe it's time you pick up another hobby, like quilting, let's talk later. You know you're always welcome as an Avs fan, take care...pn

underrated29
04-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Hey Med, I'm really sorry. I can't believe the Canes shot 46 -17, that almost hurts more. I will root like crazy for the Fla, but well you know. It has been a tough year for you in sports, maybe it's time you pick up another hobby, like quilting, let's talk later. You know you're always welcome as an Avs fan, take care...pn

That was pretty insane. I only go tot catch the highlights? if you will.

I didnt get to see the standings though, am i interpretting this correctly that the panthers have to win out as well as the canes to make the playoffs?

or is it just that you didnt take the division?

Medford Bronco
04-05-2008, 10:13 AM
That was pretty insane. I only go tot catch the highlights? if you will.

I didnt get to see the standings though, am i interpretting this correctly that the panthers have to win out as well as the canes to make the playoffs?

or is it just that you didnt take the division?

U29 its simple

Wash wins or loses in OT they win the SE

Wash loses in regulation the Canes win

the Canes only have themselves to blame but really losing
Rod Brindamour for the season and
Justin Williams
Matt Cullen
and Ray Whitney for long stetches, the Canes accorded themselves well

but hey injuries are part of it

now lets all put a Hex on Ovechin for tonight and
Huet (still do not know why MTL traded him for only a 2nd rd pick to Wash?)

come on Oli Jokinen, Ethan Hortan (sp) and Jay bouweister please
show up and at least make Wash work for it.

yes Go Avs, and Pens and whomever plays the dirty Flyers

also I kind of like Boston (yes not all boston teams are bad lol) and will root for them as well if they dont somehow play the Canes.

oh well. At least my Dodgers are 3-1 so far :salute:

BroncoAV06
04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I have noticed that the playoff beard has been missing but the thing I have seen is the playoff mo-hawk! Was at a CHL game last night and many Scorpions players were sporting the Hawk, got mine! Think it will catch on big time, lol.

SR
04-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I hope the Avs lose today against the Wild. Right now we're seeded against SJ.

underrated29
04-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I hope the Avs lose today against the Wild. Right now we're seeded against SJ.

You know i have changed my stance. Really i think this could go either way for me. SJU is bigger and meaner (which we dont do well against usually), but the child always seem to go out in the first rd. I dont want this to be like thier little destiny year.

So whoever we get lets just go out and do it.

SR
04-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Since the Avs went in to OT against Minny today, we got that point and we'll be playing the Wild. I think the first round starts Wednesday.

underrated29
04-06-2008, 04:37 PM
this is going to be a good series. Hard fought.

Go ian beat the shit out of those fools

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Welcome to "The Week Ahead-Playoff Edition". I'm going to look at the Western Conference playoff teams.
Despite parity, the Western Conference teams are the exact same as last year, with the exception of the Colorado Avalanche, who made the post-season in place of the Vancouver Canucks. The other seven teams are the same as last year and six teams who did not make the post-season last year, didn't make it this year either, in the West.
The matchups in the first round are as follows:

Detroit-Nashville
San Jose-Calgary
Minnesota-Colorado
Anaheim-Dallas

Chances are that there will be at least one upset in the West in the opening round. Last year the Conference leading Red Wings did not get out of the first round and in 2005/06, the bottom four seeds defeated the top four teams in the opening round.

Here is the link for the schedule for the first round of the playoffs.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule

Be very careful when looking at line combinations as they can change shift-to-shift, never mind period-to-period or game-to-game.

DETROIT

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Tomas Holmstrom
Daniel Cleary-Jiri Hudler-Johan Franzen
Mikael Samuelsson - Valtteri Filppula- Kirk Maltby
Dallas Drake-Kris Draper-Darren McCarty

Nicklas Lidstrom-Brian Rafalski
Chris Chelios –Niklas Kronwall
Andreas Lilja- Brett Lebda

Dominik Hasek
Chris Osgood

WHO'S HOT

Pavel Dasyuk had another terrific season with 31 goals and 97 points. He also led the NHL in plus/minus with a plus 41. Teammate Henrik Zetterberg was right behind him in scoring with 43 goals and 92 points in 75 games. Johan Franzen had 15 goals and 20 points in his final 16 games.

WHO'S NOT

The Red Wings had a lot of late season injuries and they can only hope everyone is close to 100%. Tomas Holmstrom returned on Sunday after being out since March 5 with a groin injury. Brad Stuart and Kris Draper both were injured on March 20 and hope to be in the Detroit lineup for Wednesday's opening playoff game. Mikael Samuelsson is questionable for the start of the playoffs but should be ready by the end of the week.

Notes

Daniel Cleary had the best season in his NHL career before breaking his jaw in early February, causing him to miss 19 games. He had only two assists in six games upon his return. Tomas Kopecky is gone for the season and Kirk Maltby will miss the start of the playoffs with a hamstring injury. Dominik Hasek will get the bulk, if not all the starts in playoffs.
The Red Wings take on divisional rivals, the Nashville Predators in the first round. The Preds will give them a battle but Detroit has too much talent and should win in six.

SAN JOSE

Milan Michalek-Joe Thornton-Jonathan Cheechoo
Patrick Marleau--Joe Pavelski-Devin Setoguchi
Mike Grier-Jeremy Roenick-Ryan Clowe
Tomas Plihal-Marcel Goc-Pat Rissmiller

Craig Rivet-Brian Campbell
Christian Ehrhoff-Doug Murray
Kyle McLaren-Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Evgeni Nabokov
Brian Boucher

WHO'S HOT

Joe Thornton had his usual outstanding season but was hot at the end as he scored 10 of his 29 goals in the last 10 games of the season. Brian Campbell was outstanding for the Sharks after they acquired him at the trade deadline from Buffalo. Campbell played 20 games for the Sharks and had three goals and nineteen points in that span. He gave the Sharks the power play quarterback that they so desperately needed.

WHO'S NOT

Jonathan Cheechoo had a horrible season with only 23 goals and 37 points. The season even included a hot streak of 11 goals in 14 games in February and early March. Patrick Marleau had only 48 points this season after 86 and 78 point seasons in the previous two years.

Notes

No NHL team was hotter than the Sharks down the stretch than the San Jose Sharks. They were 18-0-2 in the month of March and set the record for the best month by any team ever in the NHL as they garnered 38 out of a possible 40 points. The trade for defenseman Brian Campbell has worked out great and despite a lack of scoring from their forwards other than Joe Thornton and Milan Michalek this season, the Sharks are strong contenders for the Stanley Cup. Evgeni Nabokov played in 77 games this season, the most in the NHL.
The Sharks take on the Calgary Flames in the first round. It should be a spirited series and don't be surprised if the series goes the limit. Ex-Shark Miikka Kiprusoff will be in net for the Flames and his play could determine which way the series will go.

MINNESOTA WILD

Marian Gaborik -Pavol Demitra- Brian Rolston
Pierre-Marc Bouchard-Eric Belanger- Branko Radivojevic
Aaron Voros-Mikko Koivu-Mark Parrish
Stephane Veilleux-James Sheppard-Derek Boogaard
Todd Fedoruk-Benoit Pouliot-Chris Simon

Nick Schultz-Kim Johnsson
Brent Burns-Keith Carney
Petteri Nummelin-Sean Hill

Niklas Backstrom
Josh Harding

WHO'S HOT

Marian Gaborik finally had a relatively healthy season for the first time since the 2002/03 season. He played 77 games this season with 32 goals and 83 points to lead the Wild. The Wild got another outstanding season from Niklas Backstrom, who proved that last season was no fluke. Pavol Demitra had a mediocre season but had ten assists in his final seven games.

WHO'S NOT

Mark Parrish had an awful season with only 16 goals and 30 points. He scored on Sunday for the first time since Feb. 24 and isn't a viable selection at this time. Pierre-Marc Bouchard ended the season in a bit of a slump with a goal and three assists in the last 10 games.

Notes

The Wild seem to win games without a lot of scoring from anyone outside of Marian Gaborik. The team plays the defensive style that coach Jacques Lemaire loves and the team always gets great goaltending with Niklas Backstrom in net. The Wild are capable of upsetting any team in the league, but get a tough matchup in the first round against Colorado. This one is a flip of the coin, with Minnesota getting the home-ice advantage should there be a Game 7. We wouldn't necessarily go deep on the Wild roster when picking for the playoff pool, but you never know with Minnesota.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 03:14 PM
ANAHEIM

Todd Bertuzzi- Ryan Getzlaf -Teemu Selanne
Chris Kunitz- -Doug Weight-Corey Perry
Rob Niedermayer-Samuel Pahlsson-Travis Moen
George Parros-Todd Marchant-Brad May
Bobby Ryan-Ryan Carter-Brian Sutherby

Mathieu Schneider-Scott Niedermayer
Chris Pronger-Francois Beauchemin
Sean O'Donnell-Marc-Andre Bergeron
Joe DiPenta-Kent Huskins

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Jonas Hiller

WHO'S HOT

Teemu Selanne made a nice comeback after sitting out most of the season and had 12 goals and 23 points in 26 games this season. Ryan Getzlaf (24 goals, 82 points in 77 games) and Corey Perry (29 goals, 54 points in 70 games) made great strides this season and have established themselves as stars in the making although Perry is currently out with a torn right quadricep. Perry is hoping to return at some point in the first round.

WHO'S NOT

Scott Niedermayer did not have a great season after returning from a self-imposed retirement, in mid-December. He managed only 8 goals and 25 points in 48 games after 63 and 69 point seasons the previous two years. All will be forgotten if Niedermayer performs in the playoffs.

Notes

The Ducks certainly have the best defense in the NHL with a well rested Chris Pronger returning after an eight game suspension for stomping on Ryan Kesler, Scott Niedermayer, Mathieu Schneider and Francois Beauchemin. Jean-Sebastien Giguere has been outstanding this season in carrying the Ducks and they are definitely getting enough scoring from their top line to be able to get to the Cup finals.
Anaheim takes on Dallas in the first round. The battle between the fourth and fifth seeds in the West should go to Anaheim in six games.
The Ducks have a great power play and that is where the scoring usually occurs in the playoffs. The reigning Stanley Cup champs could do it again in 2008.

DALLAS STARS

Brenden Morrow-Mike Ribeiro -Antti Miettinen
Mike Modano-Brad Richards-Stu Barnes
Niklas Hagman-Steve Ott- Jere Lehtinen
Brad Winchester-Joel Lundqvist-Krys Barch
Toby Petersen-Loui Eriksson

Mattias Norstrom -Philippe Boucher
Trevor Daley-Stephane Robidas
Matt Niskanen-Mark Fistric
Sergei Zubov-Niklas Grossman

Marty Turco
Johan Holmqvist

WHO'S HOT

Mike Ribeiro and Brenden Morrow each had the best year of their NHL career's this season. Ribeiro had 83 points and Morrow chipped in with 74 as the duo formed two-thirds of the top line.
Mike Modano was given new linemates in Stu Barnes and Brad Richards and Modano managed a goal and four points in three games in late March. Modano is not the player he was before the lockout, but is still a capable veteran second line player.

WHO'S NOT

The Stars made a great deal at the trade deadline in acquiring Brad Richards from Tampa Bay but the former Lightning had only two goals and six points in March and sat out all three games in April with the flu. Philippe Boucher was injured most of the season and really struggled when in the lineup with only two goals and 14 points in 38 games. Sergei Zubov was having a great season until missing the last 32 games of the season with foot and groin injuries and subsequent surgeries. He is doubtful for the first round and that may be all the Stars are playing without their all-world defenseman.

Notes

The Stars were at the top of their game at the trade deadline, but have been in an awful slump as they were 4-8-2 in March and April. The team will really have to turn it around quickly if they don't want to be on the golf course in late April. The loss of Zubov really hurts and Marty Turco who finally had a great playoff last year, will need to carry the team on his back, if the Stars are to make it into the second round.

COLORADO

Peter Forsberg-Paul Stastny-Milan Hejduk
Andrew Brunette-Joe Sakic-Wojtek Wolski
Ryan Smyth-Ian Laperriere-Tyler Arnason
Jaroslav Hlinka-Ben Guite-Cody McLeod
Brad Richardson-David Jones-Scott Parker

John-Michael Liles-Adam Foote
Jordan Leopold-Ruslan Salei
Scott Hannan-Jeff Finger
Kurt Sauer

Jose Theodore
Peter Budaj

WHO'S HOT

When he plays, Peter Forsberg has been outstanding. He has managed a goal and 12 points in his last five games. Paul Stastny was one of the NHL's top forwards before his emergency appendectomy in January. He still managed 71 points this season in 66 games.
Jose Theodore came back from hockey purgatory this season and re-established himself as a solid number-one goaltender. He could carry the Avs into the second round on his own as he has become one of the top-five goaltenders in the NHL at this time.

WHO'S NOT

Ryan Smyth had a horrible season in Colorado after signing a five-year/$31.25 million contract in the off-season. He managed only 37 points in an injury-riddled 55 games. Joe Sakic also had groin surgery and only played 44 games this season, getting 40 points. It was the first time since 2002 that the future Hall-of-Famer averaged less than a point a game.
John-Michael Liles really slumped this season. Liles had back-to-back 14 goal seasons, the defenseman only had six this season, although three of them did come in the last ten games.

Notes

The Avs got a huge boost near the trade deadline when they signed free-agent Peter Forsberg to a contract. If healthy, Forsberg is still one of the top players in the NHL. He will have trouble playing back-to-back games and that occurs in the first round in Games 3 and 4. The Avalanche really improved their team at the deadline, picking up defensemen Adam Foote and Ruslan Salei, two veteran blueliners. Colorado is one team that is definitely capable of knocking off the teams ahead of them as they have a lot of veteran leadership in Forsberg, Sakic, Smyth and Adam Foote. They could go deep into the playoffs if Theodore and company play to their capabilities.

BOSSHOGG30
04-07-2008, 03:14 PM
CALGARY FLAMES

Alex Tanguay-Daymond Langkow-Jarome Iginla
Kristian Huselius-Craig Conroy-Owen Nolan
David Moss-Matthew Lombardi-Stephane Yelle
Wayne Primeau-Dustin Boyd-Eric Nystrom
Marcus Nilson-Mark Smith-Eric Godard

Dion Phaneuf-Adrian Aucoin
Jim Vandermeer-Robyn Regehr
Rhett Warrener-David Hale
Cory Sarich-Anders Eriksson

Miikka Kiprusoff
Curtis Joseph

WHO'S HOT

Jarome Iginla had his usual great season with 50 goals and 98 points, although he struggled at the end of the season needing five games to get his 50th. Daymond Langkow had his second straight 30-goal season and will center the top line with Iginla and Alex Tanguay. Dion Phanuef was outstanding this season with 17 goals (12 on the power play) and 60 points. The 22-year-old is a stud on the blueline.

WHO'S NOT

Don't let Kristian Huselius's stats fool you. He ended up with 66 points this season. He managed only a goal and an assist in the last nine games he played and he was a healthy scratch in one other game.

Notes

The Flames have a great goaltender in Miikka Kiprusoff, a great forward in Jarome Iginla and a great defenseman in Dion Phaneuf. Coach Mike Keenan loves to play the heck out of his top players so the Flames are sitting pretty in that regard, but it is doubtful that the team has enough horses to beat out San Jose. We shall see.

NASHVILLE

Jan Hlavac- Jason Arnott – J.P. Dumont
Martin Erat-Radek Bonk-Alexander Radulov
Vernon Fiddler-Scott Nichol-Jerred Smithson
Brandon Bochenski-Rich Peverley-Jordin Tootoo
Darcy Hordichuk-David Legwand

Marek Zidlicky-Ryan Suter
Ville Koistinen-Shea Weber
Dan Hamhuis-Greg Zanon
Greg de Vries-Kevin Klein

Dan Ellis
Chris Mason

WHO'S HOT

Jan Hlavac has been a very pleasant surprise since being acquired at the trade deadline. He has three goals and 13 points in 18 games with the Predators and has moved onto the top line. J.P. Dumont had two goals and nine points in his final nine games while Jason Arnott had a steady season all year and finished with a team leading 72 points, tying linemate J.P. Dumont.

WHO'S NOT

Despite a 26 goal, 58 point season, Alexander Radulov is in a big slump. He has only two goals (both in the same game) and eight points in his last 19 games. It's a long list. Paul Kariya, who leads Nashville in scoring with 23 goals and 74 points, has only four assists in the last ten games while Jason Arnott has two goals and one assist in a similar amount of contests. Even the defense has turned cold as Shea Weber has two goals and an assist in tem while Kimmo Timonen has a goal and an assist in his past eight games.

Notes

The Predators played great down the stretch to overtake Vancouver for the eighth and final playoff spot. Dan Ellis grabbed the goaltending job and ran with it at the end of the season and he will lead the Predators into the post-season against the Red Wings. David Legwand is doubtful for the first round with a deep bruise in his foot. The Predators are in tough against Detroit, but stranger things have happened and don't count Nashville out.

SR
04-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Go Avs! Two more days!

pnbronco
04-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Go Avs! Two more days!

I know it was weird last night, I kept wanting to go to see the standing even though I knew where everyone was at. So one more day and GO AVS!!!

underrated29
04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
boss i dont hink it was you that wrote that, but whoever did i think they are way off on JML. He might not have scored as many goals this year, but his defense has been SPECTACULAR!!!!

He is all over the ice, and his skating is so much improved, he is outskating some forwards, he is quick, and isnt making mistakes. Plus he is always dropping down low, or just taking the puck in the zone or trying to split the d.

If it werent for Jose's kick ass performance this year, i would say liles should be up for a nomination. I dont think whoever wrote that, took into account how well jml has been playing as a defenseman.

Alright avs we got like 21 somthing hours. It's game time baby!!!!

BroncoBJ
04-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Guess what I'm watching Med? :elefant:

I get more into it when the playoffs start. :lol:

Hopefully the Avs win. :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Congrats to the Avs :beer:

great win

Joe Sakic is the man. Class act great player

Escobar
04-09-2008, 11:35 PM
whooooooooo penguins!! 4-0

Medford Bronco
04-10-2008, 12:10 AM

yes for ECF and you Kelvin Esobar :beer:

and as long as PHilly loses everyone is happy :lol:

Escobar
04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
yes for ECF and you Kelvin Esobar :beer:

and as long as PHilly loses everyone is happy :lol:

i don't know about you calling me kelvin escobar anymore .......his career might be done.........:tsk::mad:

East Coast Fan
04-10-2008, 06:01 AM

A good start. I can't believe that Gary Roberts had two goals after only returning to the lineup last Sunday-wow! But we STILL have to stay out of the penalty box; you can't keep giving teams 5 on 3 power plays and expect to escape unharmed, especially on the road. But it's a good start; Fleury looked solid.

Medford Bronco
04-10-2008, 09:04 AM
i don't know about you calling me kelvin escobar anymore .......his career might be done.........:tsk::mad:

sorry Escobar, I thought it was funny :eek::laugh:

He still is a millionaire and I am sure you would take that :salute:

MOtorboat
04-10-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm so pissed at myself. I was exhausted last night, after staying up way too late on Monday night after the Championship, and then all-dayer at Opening Day (:D) and then Wednesday morning just flat out sucked, I missed my deadline by over two hours because of server problems and what not...so I went to bed before it was over :tsk:

BOSSHOGG30
04-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Penguins defense either looked really good last night, or Ottawa's offense sucks really bad. I don't think I've seen an Ottawa game in a long time where they turned the puck over as much as they did last night. Fleury is an awesome goalie too. He made some nice saves, but for the most part I would give credit to the defense. If I had to say who the better goalie was last night I would say Gerber, but you wouldn't know that looking at the score.

Not a very fun game to watch unless you are a Penguins fan or just hate Ottawa. Pittsburgh dominated for the most part....it wasn't pretty. I smell a sweep coming. Ottawa needs their two stars back quick!

Also, if anyone has an update on Anton Volchenkov I would appreciate it... Malkin's slapshot was a good one and Volchenkov took it head on.

Medford Bronco
04-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Penguins defense either looked really good last night, or Ottawa's offense sucks really bad. I don't think I've seen an Ottawa game in a long time where they turned the puck over as much as they did last night. Fleury is an awesome goalie too. He made some nice saves, but for the most part I would give credit to the defense. If I had to say who the better goalie was last night I would say Gerber, but you wouldn't know that looking at the score.

Not a very fun game to watch unless you are a Penguins fan or just hate Ottawa. Pittsburgh dominated for the most part....it wasn't pretty. I smell a sweep coming. Ottawa needs their two stars back quick!

Also, if anyone has an update on Anton Volchenkov I would appreciate it... Malkin's slapshot was a good one and Volchenkov took it head on.

I think Boss that Ottawa is just a mess right now and has little confidence

I watched the NHL net and Dave Reid (former Bruin, Leaf and Av) broke down how Roberts owned Wade Redden in the first minute of the game. Redden did not want to get physical and got torched by roberts.

Ottawa without their grit in Fisher and Alfredsson (?) are not the same team.

They need to score 1st or if they get blown out again, they could lose in 4 straight or 5 at the max.

I like Pitt (since the Francis days) but do not hate Ottawa and was rooting for them last year and a couple of my Canes are on that team, albeit stuggling in Stillman and Commodore (both Cup Winners)

good luck in the next game and hope it is a better game to watch.
:beer:

Medford Bronco
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM

It says day to day

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2564

He should be back on Sat IMO

BOSSHOGG30
04-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I think Boss that Ottawa is just a mess right now and has little confidence

I watched the NHL net and Dave Reid (former Bruin, Leaf and Av) broke down how Roberts owned Wade Redden in the first minute of the game. Redden did not want to get physical and got torched by roberts.

Ottawa without their grit in Fisher and Alfredsson (?) are not the same team.

They need to score 1st or if they get blown out again, they could lose in 4 straight or 5 at the max.

I like Pitt (since the Francis days) but do not hate Ottawa and was rooting for them last year and a couple of my Canes are on that team, albeit stuggling in Stillman and Commodore (both Cup Winners)

good luck in the next game and hope it is a better game to watch.
:beer:

I'm more of an AHL fan, but i'm best friends with the Binghamton Sens owner's son and daughter in law. They take us to pretty much every home game as well as a few road trips when we can make them. I've met so many players that have played for Binghamton over the years and it is hard not to cheer for them when they get called up to the big leagues. I'm actually really good friends with Hamel, Foligno, and Hennessy.

Binghamton has two or three games left I think and they need some help to make the playoffs in the AHL. I almost wished that Ottawa didn't make the playoffs so Binghamton would get back Lee and Foligno, plus it isn't like Ottawa will do much in the playoffs anyways. (guess my mind set would be different if I didn't favor Binghamton over Ottawa)

Medford Bronco
04-10-2008, 05:37 PM
For those who like the Avs

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44515#clip44515

Calgarys upset

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44516#clip44516

Pitts massacre

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44514#clip44514

Rangers smoke of the Devs

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44513#clip44513

East Coast Fan
04-10-2008, 06:09 PM

What you have is two teams going in opposite directions right now. Ottawa is missing people and have been on a downslide while the Pens are getting everyone back and rarin' to go. Fleury has been superb since returning from his high ankle sprain, Crosby is doing his thing, Malkin also, Roberts comes back and looks like he never was hurt. The defense has been playing better than most casual observers have given them credit for. Plus you have the "revenge" factor of the Sens smacking us out last year early; the Pens are determined to not let that happen this year and have the cast to go very far in the playoffs if things go right; don't know if this is their year but if not it's probably right around the corner. I hope that guy is okay that took that shot to the face; I'm really suprised that there aren't more serious injuries in hockey than there already are (which is good, thankfully).

underrated29
04-10-2008, 10:24 PM
some good games right now. I cant remember how the seadings go. Assuming the avs win we either play sju (if the win) and if they dont we play winner of dallas/anaheim?

IS that right?:confused:

Either way, the way things look now i would rather see calgary (kiprosauff is a biatch though in the playoffs) or Dallas.

I know dallas is winning 2-0 right now, but Anaheim looks the better team, just starting out a little slow and sloppy.

Good luck teams. Safe and healthy- except for bertuzii- he can get hurt, i wont care.

pnbronco
04-10-2008, 11:38 PM
I didn't know that Patrice Brisebois was playing for the Canadiens. I was watching the highlights and heard his name. For some reason I thought he had retired and was racing cars. This has nothing to do with anything, he was just really nice when he played here in Denver the only picture I've posted on the forum was with him....

Requiem / The Dagda
04-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Go Pens.

Medford Bronco
04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
I guess I cant have another thread on highlights? :target:

anyways here are last nights

SJ win

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44806#clip44806

MTLs smoke of Boston

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44761#clip44761

Dets win of Nash (no shock there)

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44762#clip44762

and Dallas upset of Anaheim (good win Coach Chaz)

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip44811#clip44811

underrated29
04-11-2008, 09:05 AM
i thought breezy retired also. Though i wasnt a fan of his when he returned the last year. He was slow and getting beat all over the ice. So who knows. I liked him when he was younger though.

Broncospsycho77
04-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I think Pitt is gonna be real dangerous hear. They go way deeper than Crosby, and both goalies' play have been above average. They have enough firepower to make a run, because when they start going, they usually don't stop.

East Coast Fan
04-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I think Pitt is gonna be real dangerous hear. They go way deeper than Crosby, and both goalies' play have been above average. They have enough firepower to make a run, because when they start going, they usually don't stop.

Here's to that baby...here's to that! :beer:

BOSSHOGG30
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins = San Diego Chargers

I wonder how many top 5 picks they have in common?

Medford Bronco
04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins = San Diego Chargers

I wonder how many top 5 picks they have in common?

wrong answer.

Pitt has won a Championship in my lifetime, acutally two

unlike SD with ZERO:laugh:

Medford Bronco
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Also tonights Pitt game is on yahoo sports for free. :beer:

Medford Bronco
04-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Ottawa is getting dominated but only down 1-0

they look like a lost team now.

Medford Bronco
04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
I really think a Pitt vs MTL ECF would be awesome to watch
for a hockey purist and I love this type of hockey even though
my favorite team is not involved.

or Pitt vs Wash (even though I am sick of them LOL)

East Coast Fan
04-12-2008, 08:56 AM
I really think a Pitt vs MTL ECF would be awesome to watch
for a hockey purist and I love this type of hockey even though
my favorite team is not involved.

or Pitt vs Wash (even though I am sick of them LOL)

I think you're right, but we have to get past this first round first. I didn't see the game as your favorite Flyers were on instead of us! But I see that we blew a lead but then Malone won it late and we had what 54 shots on goal? That's usually what we get in two games! But we'll take it...

McKeough
04-12-2008, 09:27 AM
:elefant: Go Habs go! :elefant:

BOSSHOGG30
04-12-2008, 10:42 AM
WOW

Ryan Whitney, 1st round choice, 5th overall, in 2002
Darryl Sydor, 1st round choice, 7th overall, in 1990
Brooks Orpik, 1st round choice, 18th overall, in 2000
Sergei Gonchar, 1st round choice, 14th overall, in 1992
Marc-Andre Fleury, 1st round choice, 1st overall, in 2003
Jeff Taffe, 1st round choice, 30th overall, in 2000
Petr Sykora, 1st round choice, 18th overall, in 1995
Jordan Staal, 1st round choice, 2nd overall, in 2006
Gary Roberts, 1st round choice, 12th overall, in 1984
Evgeni Malkin, 1st round choice, 2nd overall, in 2004
Marian Hossa, 1st round choice, 12th overall, in 1997
Sidney Crosby, 1st round choice, 1st overall, in 2005
Kris Beech, 1st round choice, 7th overall, in 1999

I bet Ottawa really hates Atlanta right now... Marian Hossa had to be added just for them. Surprised the Penguins didn't go after Chara too.

BroncoAV06
04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Man that Nashville/Detriot game was intense, lots of bodies flying everywhere. Looking forward to seeing the Caps/Philly game tomorrow on NBC, Ovechkin had a heck of a play to win game 1.

Medford Bronco
04-13-2008, 09:16 AM
WOW

Ryan Whitney, 1st round choice, 5th overall, in 2002
Darryl Sydor, 1st round choice, 7th overall, in 1990
Brooks Orpik, 1st round choice, 18th overall, in 2000
Sergei Gonchar, 1st round choice, 14th overall, in 1992
Marc-Andre Fleury, 1st round choice, 1st overall, in 2003
Jeff Taffe, 1st round choice, 30th overall, in 2000
Petr Sykora, 1st round choice, 18th overall, in 1995
Jordan Staal, 1st round choice, 2nd overall, in 2006
Gary Roberts, 1st round choice, 12th overall, in 1984
Evgeni Malkin, 1st round choice, 2nd overall, in 2004
Marian Hossa, 1st round choice, 12th overall, in 1997
Sidney Crosby, 1st round choice, 1st overall, in 2005
Kris Beech, 1st round choice, 7th overall, in 1999

I bet Ottawa really hates Atlanta right now... Marian Hossa had to be added just for them. Surprised the Penguins didn't go after Chara too.

but remember Boss the SD comparison is not true as the Pens won in 91 and 92 the Bolz have never won an NFL Championship

but some of these guys are not Pitt draft choces, Gary Robert was Calgary I think, Daryl Sydor is not a Pitt draft choice I believe.

at least they know how to pick, some teams have sucked year after year and still suck like Columbus and Florida.

Medford Bronco
04-14-2008, 08:32 AM
boston beat MTL, what a great win for them :beer:

the boston upset

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip45262#clip45262

and the Sharks upset by the Flames up 3-0 earlier

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip45278#clip45278

Jersey in OT

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip45278#clip45278

and the dirty Flyers win

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip45208#clip45208

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 09:20 AM
...and Dallas looks like they are on the path to actually get past the first round. Ducks looked bad at home.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I was pretty surorsied at that. I sasw the first game and the ducks took a ton of stupid penalties, but i thought they would bounce back. NOt the case. Dallas looks real strong right now.

I hope the avs can mirror dallas.

And a great win by the flamers last night against sju. That was a heartbreaker for sju, but a fun game to watch.

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 11:02 AM
The more lower seeds that win, the happier I am. I really don't want to face Detroit right away in round 2.

Medford Bronco
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
The more lower seeds that win, the happier I am. I really don't want to face Detroit right away in round 2.

so you want the Avs to win and it would be good for Dallas

also Calgary has a chance but I still think SJ will wake up and take that series even after last nights meltdown.

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
so you want the Avs to win and it would be good for Dallas

also Calgary has a chance but I still think SJ will wake up and take that series even after last nights meltdown.

At least we managed to split the season series with SJ. We were 1-3 against Detroit. I'd really like to see both Colorado AND Calgary win their series, to be honest.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 12:17 PM
At least we managed to split the season series with SJ. We were 1-3 against Detroit. I'd really like to see both Colorado AND Calgary win their series, to be honest.

Ha me too.

1. because i think we stand a better chance against you guys than sju

2. Division rivals in the playoffs makes GREAT hockey. And we really get to see the stars shine their skills. If we do meet though, not kiprosauff- he doesnt need to shine. And quite frankly i am ver very scared if he does shine.

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Ha me too.

1. because i think we stand a better chance against you guys than sju

2. Division rivals in the playoffs makes GREAT hockey. And we really get to see the stars shine their skills. If we do meet though, not kiprosauff- he doesnt need to shine. And quite frankly i am ver very scared if he does shine.

Keep writing the Stars off. BTW...Colorado was 2-2 against BOTH the Stars and Sharks.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 12:33 PM
No no, i did not mean the dallas stars. I should have chosen a better choice of words there.

What were we against the flames? Better than 2-2 i believe

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 12:47 PM
No no, i did not mean the dallas stars. I should have chosen a better choice of words there.

What were we against the flames? Better than 2-2 i believe

5-3

Medford Bronco
04-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Keep writing the Stars off. BTW...Colorado was 2-2 against BOTH the Stars and Sharks.

I think the Stars vs Avs would be a pretty even matchup IMO

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
I think the Stars vs Avs would be a pretty even matchup IMO

I would hope not. Personally, I think I'd get sick if I lost to a team that got a bunch of retirees and has beens to come back and try to re-live the old glory days.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I would hope not. Personally, I think I'd get sick if I lost to a team that got a bunch of retirees and has beens to come back and try to re-live the old glory days.

Hey you did last year to an even more inferior team. This year's retirees (fopa) i am assuming has something like 14 pts in his last and only 12 games of the season. And the has beens (foote) has been a major player on the dline like he has always been.

While i agree we stole the series from you last year (ehm. 2 years ago). This year if we were to face off, it would be much more realistic if we were to pull out another upset.

Colorado4Life
04-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to let you know we'll be bringing back the cup in Denver... Go Avs!

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey you did last year to an even more inferior team. This year's retirees (fopa) i am assuming has something like 14 pts in his last and only 12 games of the season. And the has beens (foote) has been a major player on the dline like he has always been.

While i agree we stole the series from you last year (ehm. 2 years ago). This year if we were to face off, it would be much more realistic if we were to pull out another upset.

What retirees did we pull out last year?

underrated29
04-14-2008, 03:25 PM
What? I dont know what you mean.

CoachChaz
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm lost too. Either way, it will be a fun and interesting series.

underrated29
04-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm lost too. Either way, it will be a fun and interesting series.

Sounds good to me.

Medford Bronco
04-14-2008, 05:00 PM
At least your teams are playing unlike some choke Black and Red Team :( :lol:

East Coast Fan
04-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Total reversal of last season's playoff series vs. the Sens. I guess that it didn't help that the last thing the Pens see as they enter the ice is a mural of them shaking hands with the Sens after last year's defeat-thanks for the additional inspiration Ottawa!! :D

"It's down to one and done-get out the brooms.... LET'S GO PENS"!!

Medford Bronco
04-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Total reversal of last season's playoff series vs. the Sens. I guess that it didn't help that the last thing the Pens see as they enter the ice is a mural of them shaking hands with the Sens after last year's defeat-thanks for the additional inspiration Ottawa!! :D

"It's down to one and done-get out the brooms.... LET'S GO PENS"!!

you guys deserve to win ECF

good luck and hopefully you can get to the Cup Finals in the EAST :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Boston could not score again tonight.

they played their hearts out but MTL is just more talented.

also good luck Avs tonight

pnbronco
04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks Med....

Medford Bronco
04-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks Med....

No problem PN.

It looks like the Avs brought their A game tonight

but keep it up the whole game, remember SJ the other night up 3-0

BroncoAV06
04-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Looking forward to watching some hockey tonight for the first time on TV in months! Since last week the Scorpions got robbed and knocked out of the CHL playoffs no local hockey. Rangers/Devils, Detriot/Nashville the games on VS tonight.

pnbronco
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Congrts ECF!!! Enjoy this first round and get some rest....:elefant:

East Coast Fan
04-17-2008, 07:35 AM

Thanks Med! Let's see who's next...

Medford Bronco
04-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Thanks Med! Let's see who's next...

It was actually PN :lol: but I send my congrats as well.
I think you will play the Rangers IMO

good luck bud :salute:

East Coast Fan
04-17-2008, 09:09 AM
It was actually PN :lol: but I send my congrats as well.
I think you will play the Rangers IMO

good luck bud :salute:

:eek: I'M LOSING MY MIND......THANKS!!! :D

East Coast Fan
04-17-2008, 09:10 AM

THANK YOU PN BRONCO!!! Good luck to you also!! :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-17-2008, 09:17 AM
:eek: I'M LOSING MY MIND......THANKS!!! :D

btw the sweep was Pitts first since when Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Stevens, Murphy and Barasso were tearing it up vs the Hawks in the Cup Finals in 92:beer:

I would love a Pitt vs Rangers series to relive moments like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBetCrJTZw&feature=related

the Francis goal from Center Ice :salute: and game winning tip in

BOSSHOGG30
04-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Congrats Penguins and Penguins fans

East Coast Fan
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Congrats Penguins and Penguins fans

Thanks; let's see what the next round brings. While they're doing well, I'm still not convinced that this is their year to go all the way-still may be a year or so away. But then they may not be; we'll see! :D

pnbronco
04-17-2008, 09:56 AM
THANK YOU PN BRONCO!!! Good luck to you also!! :salute:

Thanks ECF, I know your really happy and you should be. The future looks great for the Pens you have a bunch of youngsters on that team...

Medford Bronco
04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks; let's see what the next round brings. While they're doing well, I'm still not convinced that this is their year to go all the way-still may be a year or so away. But then they may not be; we'll see! :D

I think minium the Pens should go the the ECF (kind of like you East Coas Fan lol)

they are one well rounded team and as long as Fleury plays well they will be okay IMO.

BroncoAV06
04-17-2008, 01:44 PM
When did VS become a channel that you have to get in a sports package? Went to turn on the Rangers/Devils game and it said I had to subscribe, ********!

Buff
04-17-2008, 02:23 PM
When did VS become a channel that you have to get in a sports package? Went to turn on the Rangers/Devils game and it said I had to subscribe, ********!

Yeah, not sure who you go through, but DirecTV screwed us a few months back-- they basically took a whole slew of popular channels (Nat Geo, E!, VH1 Classic and a whole bunch of others that I can't think of) and turned it into a premium package...

I know because I recently made the switch from regular to HD and when I did, they told me I had to "upgrade" my package to their new one-- So I asked them to give me the details and she says "Well, it looks like you'll be gaining about 5 new channels, and losing about 15." So I had to explain to her the concept of an "upgrade" vs. a "downgrade"....

Then the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I found out me new "upgraded" package didn't even include Versus... Had to "upgrade" one more time...

The lamest part about all of this is that Altitude has the sole rights to round 1 in our market (here in denver)-- so the Avs games are blacked out on versus even if you get the channel... Thus, no HD for me.

Medford Bronco
04-17-2008, 04:37 PM
on my directv I get versus as part of my total choice plus
for like $62.00 on two tvs

I also get the NHL Network, my favorite channel :D

Medford Bronco
04-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Great win for the Avs last night :beer:

Also I am happy that Boston won last night

and even though I hate Philly, its kinda funny watching Washington crumble after being so "great" at the end of the year. Huet looks ordinary after a superb run

Medford Bronco
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I am shocked the Devils are showing little fight vs the Rangers

and Coach Chaz, good luck to Dallas tonight for you :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Some great highlights.

the awesome win for Boston vs MTL. I am so glad for Phil Kessel after being scratched

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip47350#clip47350

Avs series win.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip47354#clip47354

and Wash boucing back

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip47295#clip47295

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Congrats Coach Chaz for Dallas winning :salute:

now I can only hope the Bruins can win game 7 at MTL.

one can hope right lol, it will be tough though.

I also want SJ to win tomorrow night and the Philly series I would like to go 7 due to not caring who wins.

CoachChaz
04-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats Coach Chaz for Dallas winning :salute:

now I can only hope the Bruins can win game 7 at MTL.

one can hope right lol, it will be tough though.

I also want SJ to win tomorrow night and the Philly series I would like to go 7 due to not caring who wins.

I kind of want Calgary to win. I'd rather play Colorado next round than San Jose.

Go Bruins!!

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
I kind of want Calgary to win. I'd rather play Colorado next round than San Jose.

Go Bruins!!

I hear you Coach but I like Joe Thornton from his Boston days.

I just want to continue to see good hockey (with my team not making it this year) as I love the sport. IMO the most underrated sport of the major 4 as people do not understand it and its covered on a sucky network.

Flatinum
04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
As a Leaf fan I too would like to thank the Dallas Stars for ending the Ducks season last night. Now the Leafs can go a head, hire Brian Burke as their new GM and end the "Gong Show" front office (Richard Peddie) that's been in place for too many years.

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 08:58 AM
As a Leaf fan I too would like to thank the Dallas Stars for ending the Ducks season last night. Now the Leafs can go a head, hire Brian Burke as their new GM and end the "Gong Show" front office (Richard Peddie) that's been in place for too many years.

As a Leaf fan, who do you root for between Boston and MTL

or do you hope it goes like 5 OTS like the I do with the Philly/Wash series :laugh:

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Excellent Article on the Playoffs

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AjPtEHqIlkuKddvexzQQMhF7vLYF?slug=rm-playoffscolumn042008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Buzz Up PrintMore From Ross McKeonSunday's three stars: Robidas sends the defending champs packin' Apr 21, 2008 Saturday's three stars: Sturm helps Boston force Game 7 Apr 20, 2008
The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because where else do you find a team that lost all eight games against the same opponent during the regular season now within one win of knocking the same foe out of the playoffs?

That’s the position the Boston Bruins find themselves in Monday night where all of the pressure is on the top-seeded Montreal Canadiens, who host their long-time and last-seeded rivals in a winner-take-all seventh game.

Once leading the best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinals 3-1, the Canadiens have lost each of the past two, including Game 5 during their last stand on home ice. The Bruins, battered by injuries, have scored 10 goals on rookie Carey Price. The 20-year-old is said to be unflappable, but he’ll never face more pressure than a Game 7 as a member of Les Canadiens de Montreal.

ADVERTISEMENT

No two teams among those in major pro sports have met as often in a seventh game (seventh time) as Boston and Montreal. The Canadiens have won four of the previous six such meetings, including the most recent April 19, 2004, when under head coach Claude Julien the Habs won 2-0 at Boston. Julien now coaches the Bruins.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because good things do come to those who wait. How distant of a bad memory it must be now for Joe Sakic over uncertainty regarding a groin injury and subsequent sports hernia surgery earlier this season? How helpless was the feeling while rehabilitating and watching as his Colorado Avalanche teammates were on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. And how rewarding and gratifying must it feel for Sakic to be healthy and in the second round of the playoffs.

Ditto Peter Forsberg.

Ditto Adam Foote.

And ditto Jose Theodore, who has quietly rediscovered the elite-style of goaltending that earned him Hart and Vezina trophies with Montreal in the 2001-02 season. No one looks this far down the road, but wouldn’t Theodore enjoy getting a crack at the Canadiens in the Cup finals?

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because while household names such as Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and Jonathan Cheechoo are producing, a lesser-publicized player such as Ryane Clowe can come out of nowhere to lead not only the San Jose Sharks, but be among the league leaders in postseason scoring.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because there’s no such thing as a shootout.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because even though Alexander Ovechkin has only one goal in five playoff games after scoring 65 during the regular season, there’s still time to score the biggest goal of his career.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because no one needs prompting from an oversized video board to “make noise.”

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because the sight and sound of 19,000 fans belting out “O Canada” in unison never gets old.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because there’s no such thing as an insignificant goal.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because there may be as many as three Game 7s in the first round, and no fewer than two.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because with all the attention paid to Jaromir Jagr, Brendan Shanahan and Henrik Lundqvist, the real reason the Rangers are a legitimate threat is the depth provided by poised youngsters Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan and Marc Staal.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because with Martin Brodeur out of the picture the door is open for Marc-Andre Fleury, Martin Biron, Cristobal Huet, Tim Thomas, Price or Lundqvist to be the hero in goal in the East.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because of all the new arenas that have sprung up in the NHL over the past decade, important games are still being played in the Saddledome, Madison Square Garden, Joe Louis Arena and The Igloo.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because it exposes despite how easy Brian Campbell was making it look after getting traded from Buffalo to San Jose (three goals, 19 points in 20 games) that it’s a completely different animal in the postseason (no goals, two points in six games).

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because it came be sunny skies and 85 degrees in one city while its freezing temperatures and snow blizzards in the other.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because as awful of a season Philadelphia endured last year – 30th in the league and double-digits behind the second-worst finishers – just look at the Flyers now.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because a little blood probably means an additional two minutes for your power play.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because while Red Wings Chris Chelios and Dominik Hasek might be considered old, this never gets old to them.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because while Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Jordan Staal are all young, none of the baby Penguins appears in over their head.

The Stanley Cup playoffs are great because as good as the first round has been there’s still seven weeks of this kind

Flatinum
04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
As a Leaf fan, who do you root for between Boston and MTL

or do you hope it goes like 5 OTS like the I do with the Philly/Wash series :laugh:

Teams I can't stand - Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo, Vancouver and Philadelphia.

My hate for the Habs and the fact that my Dad is a huge Bruins fan has me rooting for the Bruins tonight.

Carey Price looks like a sieve right now so I think the Bruins have a good shot tonight.

CoachChaz
04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
I hear you Coach but I like Joe Thornton from his Boston days.

I just want to continue to see good hockey (with my team not making it this year) as I love the sport. IMO the most underrated sport of the major 4 as people do not understand it and its covered on a sucky network.

Those that are not big hockey fans don't understand what the playoffs are about. Most people here just watch the Stars and hope for the best. They don't realize that every game in the playoffs, no matter who is playing, is a good game. The intensity is just driven up a notch.

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Those that are not big hockey fans don't understand what the playoffs are about. Most people here just watch the Stars and hope for the best. They don't realize that every game in the playoffs, no matter who is playing, is a good game. The intensity is just driven up a notch.

you are correct Coach :salute:

I see why you would want the Avs over the Wings.

although whomever of you or the Avs vs the Wing I will root for. :salute:

I just want a great game tonight, even if boston does not win because they ahve overachieved big time IMO

and for the Caps vs Flyers, I want it to go 6 ots :laugh:

Medford Bronco
04-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Teams I can't stand - Ottawa, Montreal, Buffalo, Vancouver and Philadelphia.

My hate for the Habs and the fact that my Dad is a huge Bruins fan has me rooting for the Bruins tonight.

Carey Price looks like a sieve right now so I think the Bruins have a good shot tonight.

that is funny as we agree on Philly at least. Wash is a 2nd for me due to the overhyping of Ovechchin. Great player but its a TEAM game not individual game. Not really a big buffalo fan either as Lindy Ruff is a big Crybaby and always will be.

Price was like a fish on the last Sturm goal where he floundered all over the place and Sturm put it by him easily

CoachChaz
04-21-2008, 09:35 AM
I've obviously never been a Bruins fan, but some of my favorite players have played for them, so I'll root for Boston. I was as big a Cam Neely fan as anyone would find.

Medford Bronco
04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Tough loss for boston last night as they met their match.

congrats to the Canadiens and if they play Philly I hope they sweep em :lol:

vs the Rangers I would be neutral and enjoy two exellent young goalies in Price and Lundquist.

CoachChaz
04-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Go Calgary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

East Coast Fan
04-22-2008, 10:42 AM
When are we gonna play again and against whom-this waiting around is nuts! Although we should be well rested now!

"LET'S GO PENS"

"GO CAPS-WHACK THOSE CHOKERS ONE MORE TIME" :D

Medford Bronco
04-22-2008, 11:01 AM
When are we gonna play again and against whom-this waiting around is nuts! Although we should be well rested now!

"LET'S GO PENS"

"GO CAPS-WHACK THOSE CHOKERS ONE MORE TIME" :D

The Caps vs the Flyers.

To me its like what do I like more, getting drilled without novacane
or getting a colon exam:fisheye:

East Coast Fan
04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
The Caps vs the Flyers.

To me its like what do I like more, getting drilled without novacane
or getting a colon exam:fisheye:

Let's get both done at the same time!! :eek: :D

"LET'S GO PENS":cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

underrated29
04-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Wow, i never realized how much this cruise i am going on is going to suck. I leave this saturday so i will probably miss the draft, and then its a week long thing so chances are i will miss most of the avs games. assuming they start on sunday or monday.

Crap, i could miss the whole freaking series if there was a sweep. Not good, not good at all.

Just a little FYI for ya, I have bad luck with sports teams and me on a cruise. The broncos lost to the ravens in the Playoffs way back when when i was on one, and the nuggets lost to like the jazz in the playoffs also way back when....way back

Medford Bronco
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Wow, i never realized how much this cruise i am going on is going to suck. I leave this saturday so i will probably miss the draft, and then its a week long thing so chances are i will miss most of the avs games. assuming they start on sunday or monday.

Crap, i could miss the whole freaking series if there was a sweep. Not good, not good at all.

Just a little FYI for ya, I have bad luck with sports teams and me on a cruise. The broncos lost to the ravens in the Playoffs way back when when i was on one, and the nuggets lost to like the jazz in the playoffs also way back when....way back

time to skip the cruise then :lol:

jk enjoy yourself and good luck to the Avs/Nuggets et all.

CoachChaz
04-22-2008, 02:48 PM
You can get satellite broadcasts and internet on a cruise.

BroncoAV06
04-24-2008, 02:31 PM
You would think that the Philly/MTL game would be after the Avs or vise versa and not on starting at 5 MST and the other 5:30 MST. Good job on that one NHL.

EDIT: The fever has gone down but I really need to take a break from posting while I am sick because I am not thinking things through at the moment.

Medford Bronco
04-24-2008, 02:37 PM
You would think that the Philly/MTL game would be after the Avs or vise versa and not on starting at 5 MST and the other 5:30 MST. Good job on that one NHL.

The problem is both are in the East.

it would be unfair locally for a game to start at 9:30 Eastern Time.

after today I think the games are staggard much better :beer:

East Coast Fan
04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Tomorrow night vs. the Rangers or as I call them "Pittsburgh II" with Jagr, Straka, Rosival etc. It won't be easy; we didn't win at Madison Square Garden all season; although things are different in the playoffs. Rangers are a good team; look how they handled the Devils.

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS"

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

underrated29
04-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Save some of your poms for our game tonight! We need to knock the wind out of the wings from the start, keep their quite staduim even quieter. Then it will be the few, the proud, the AVS making the noise.

East Coast Fan
04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Save some of your poms for our game tonight! We need to knock the wind out of the wings from the start, keep their quite staduim even quieter. Then it will be the few, the proud, the AVS making the noise.

Good luck; go kick their ass!!! ::eek: :D

Medford Bronco
04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I shed no tears watching philly self destruct. :lol:

a penalty cost them the game. what a shock :laugh:

Habs did a good job pressing when they had to but I have to give Philly credit for a pretty good game 1 besides the last minute and ot.

East Coast Fan
04-25-2008, 08:48 PM
WOW!!! Down 3-0 I thought oh man this ain't good; then the Pens shook off that 9 day layoff "rust" and went crazy scoring, then barely hung on. Wow...:eek:

Medford Bronco
04-27-2008, 11:22 AM
great win ECF in game 1. good luck today I hope the Pens win again and win the series

so far philly is playing better than I though

out west great win for the stars in game 1
and the avs are in big trouble (sorry avs fans) vs det.

East Coast Fan
04-27-2008, 06:44 PM
great win ECF in game 1. good luck today I hope the Pens win again and win the series

so far philly is playing better than I though

out west great win for the stars in game 1
and the avs are in big trouble (sorry avs fans) vs det.

Thanks Med, a lot tighter game today but I like the outcome!! :D

Now we're heading to New York where they've beaten us every game this season so it should get very interesting!

Medford Bronco
04-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Thanks Med, a lot tighter game today but I like the outcome!! :D

Now we're heading to New York where they've beaten us every game this season so it should get very interesting!

I think you guys split at the minimum so you will be up 3-1 after 4 games.

The Stars look great, congrats so far Coach Chaz:salute:

Avs have to win game 3 or they will be done unfortunatley

MOtorboat
04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
I think you guys split at the minimum so you will be up 3-1 after 4 games.

The Stars look great, congrats so far Coach Chaz:salute:

Avs have to win game 3 or they will be done unfortunatley

The Red Wings are good...the game was on the second TV because I had a little draft shindig, but it just seems like Detroit just dominates. I don't see a team as good as they are out there right now, but again, it's hard to compare between series'

CoachChaz
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Stars are shining bright so far. Something about the way they are playing right now really has me confident finishing off this series and potentially going into a Detroit series. Doesn't hurt that we got Zubov back. Takes some pressure off all the rookies...even thought they have been playing amazingly.

Medford Bronco
04-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Stars are shining bright so far. Something about the way they are playing right now really has me confident finishing off this series and potentially going into a Detroit series. Doesn't hurt that we got Zubov back. Takes some pressure off all the rookies...even thought they have been playing amazingly.

Coach I will be rooting for you vs the Wings that is for sure :salute::salute::salute:

CoachChaz
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Coach I will be rooting for you vs the Wings that is for sure :salute::salute::salute:

Let us finish off San Jose first and then we can join forces. It'd be nice if we could sweep, but I'll be happy taking 1 of the 2 at home this week.

MOtorboat
04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
I will also have to root for the Stars...:tsk:

Flatinum
04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Let us finish off San Jose first and then we can join forces. It'd be nice if we could sweep, but I'll be happy taking 1 of the 2 at home this week.

The way Nabokov has played in the playoffs so far, a sweep isn't out of the question. Talk about letting your team down.

CoachChaz
04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
The way Nabokov has played in the playoffs so far, a sweep isn't out of the question. Talk about letting your team down.

Yeah, he's looked pretty bad...hopefully he keeps it up

BroncoJoe
04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Theodore is doing the same thing for the Avs...

Medford Bronco
04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
good luck to the Pens and Avs tonight.

and coach Chaz, even though I like SJ I would not be upset if Dallas won that series as they have done an outstanding job this postseason so far :salute:

Medford Bronco
04-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Great win ECF for the Pens as they look outstanding. I am happy for you and have always had my soft spot for Pitt. :cheers:

coach Chaz congrats on Dallas, they look outstanding as well :D

pnbronco
04-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Great win ECF for the Pens as they look outstanding. I am happy for you and have always had my soft spot for Pitt. :cheers:

coach Chaz congrats on Dallas, they look outstanding as well :D

Couldn't say it better myself. Congrs ECF and Coach. Looks like I will joining forces with you Coach, I love Turc, except when they play the Avs...

East Coast Fan
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm opening the closet door....I'm grabbing the broom....it looks like it's TIME TO SWEEP!!!! Unless the Rangers pull one out...

"LET'S GO PENS":elefant: :laugh:

Mike
04-30-2008, 12:06 PM
NEW YORK — New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In a statement Wednesday, the team said the noted agitator was taken to St. Vincent's hospital after New York's 5-3 loss Tuesday night and was admitted following a CT scan.

Avery will be sidelined for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The Daily News first reported on its Web site Wednesday morning that Avery was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. The newspaper said the 28-year-old was unconscious and not breathing when he was taken to the medical center. He arrived about 3 a.m. Wednesday, a person at the hospital told the newspaper.

The Rangers trail the Penguins 3-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series with Game 4 scheduled for Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.

Avery had an assist on the Rangers' second goal in Tuesday night's game.

---------------------------------------------

Poetic justice?

CoachChaz
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm loving the way the Stars look. I feel better each game about our chances against Detroit. REALLY nice to have Zubie back.

Medford Bronco
04-30-2008, 02:20 PM
NEW YORK — New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In a statement Wednesday, the team said the noted agitator was taken to St. Vincent's hospital after New York's 5-3 loss Tuesday night and was admitted following a CT scan.

Avery will be sidelined for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The Daily News first reported on its Web site Wednesday morning that Avery was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. The newspaper said the 28-year-old was unconscious and not breathing when he was taken to the medical center. He arrived about 3 a.m. Wednesday, a person at the hospital told the newspaper.

The Rangers trail the Penguins 3-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series with Game 4 scheduled for Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.

Avery had an assist on the Rangers' second goal in Tuesday night's game.

---------------------------------------------

Poetic justice?

as much as I hate Avery this is not good news for anyone and I dont wish that kind of injury on any professional athlete.

Mike
04-30-2008, 02:58 PM
as much as I hate Avery this is not good news for anyone and I dont wish that kind of injury on any professional athlete.

Just to be clear...I wasn't wishing the injury on the guy. ;)

I'm loving the way the Stars look. I feel better each game about our chances against Detroit. REALLY nice to have Zubie back.

I'll be rooting for your team. :beer:

Medford Bronco
04-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Just to be clear...I wasn't wishing the injury on the guy. ;)

I'll be rooting for your team. :beer:

I know Mike you were not wishing it on anyone as you are a class act yourself:salute:

I do hate that little punk Avery though, he is a jerk but I hope he recovers fully from this :beer:

pnbronco
04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I know Mike you were not wishing it on anyone as you are a class act yourself:salute:

I do hate that little punk Avery though, he is a jerk but I hope he recovers fully from this :beer:

Oh Avery is a total jerk through and through, but non of us would wish him harm.

BroncoBJ
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
:lol: Sean Avery. I liked him with the Kings. He was a stud. :elefant:

pnbronco
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM

The Stars are looking great. Now Coach you have to cheer for the Avs you want them to wear out the Wings before they get to you. Zubie is great, I'm really glad he's back. In fact most of the guys on your team are super nice, they've been good to me.

pnbronco
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
:lol: Sean Avery. I liked him with the Kings. He was a stud. :elefant:

Bite your tongue JC4, most hockey players are good guys. Avery's a punk, he was jerk with the Kings too.

BroncoBJ
04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Bite your tongue JC4, most hockey players are good guys. Avery's a punk, he was jerk with the Kings too.

:lol: I just like him cause he don't take shit from anyone. :elefant:

pnbronco
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
:lol: I just like him cause he don't take shit from anyone. :elefant:

I should of know, have a great night...:elefant:

BroncoBJ
04-30-2008, 10:50 PM
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/PITTSBURGH-PA/WDVE-FM/Rngers%20sck%20cok%20song.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=PITTSBURGH-PA&NG_FORMAT=rock&SITE_ID=1734&STATION_ID=WDVE-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=WDVE-FM&PCAST_CAT=Comedy&PCAST_TITLE=The_Best_of_Jim_and_Randy_on_WDVE

:lol: :lol:

CoachChaz
05-01-2008, 07:38 AM
The Stars are looking great. Now Coach you have to cheer for the Avs you want them to wear out the Wings before they get to you. Zubie is great, I'm really glad he's back. In fact most of the guys on your team are super nice, they've been good to me.

I'll be more than happy to cheer for your series to go 7 games and be physical.

Glad to have Zubie back, but he kind of cost us the game last night. 2 mistakes on the 2 goals. I know he's still getting his legs back from the long layoff...but we don't want to get started with that stuff.

Medford Bronco
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
come on lets go Pens and Avs tonight. :Beer:

CoachChaz
05-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Way to lay down Avs.

East Coast Fan
05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Well I had to put my broom away; the Rangers gutted one out last night. But I don't see any "miracle" comeback on the horizon, and would think that we'll put 'em away on Sunday. I wasn't that suprised that we lost one in New York; but I was suprised at Malkin on that penalty shot-kind of a slow motion play! Oh well...

Medford Bronco
05-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Well I had to put my broom away; the Rangers gutted one out last night. But I don't see any "miracle" comeback on the horizon, and would think that we'll put 'em away on Sunday. I wasn't that suprised that we lost one in New York; but I was suprised at Malkin on that penalty shot-kind of a slow motion play! Oh well...

ECF you guys will be fine. I only saw the highlights due to coming home late from work:shocked:

Lundquist was excellent for NY in the 1st period and that was the difference.

you guys will be fine in the next game.....Go Pens :beer:

and for Avs fans, sorry bout the loss. you had a decent year so dont be too upset. you were struggling to even make the playoffs for a while and to get to round 2 was not bad and next seasaon when you are healthy you will do quite well IMO :beer:

CoachChaz
05-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Well...on to a Game 6 with San Jose. Only because Morrow got screwed out of 2 goals. Not the greatest job by the officials upstairs on the second one.

Medford Bronco
05-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Well...on to a Game 6 with San Jose. Only because Morrow got screwed out of 2 goals. Not the greatest job by the officials upstairs on the second one.

next game is huge Coach, you dont want to go back to SJ losing 3 straight.

Good luck my friend :beer: (even though I like Big Joe, I will not be upset if you get the win)

also for ECF please have the Pens win tomorrow, the dirty Flyers (congrats to them btw for playing an excellent series vs MTL) will be awaiting.

come on Malkin, Crosby, Malone, J staal and Gonchar play as big as you can :beer:

East Coast Fan
05-04-2008, 07:09 AM
also for ECF please have the Pens win tomorrow, the dirty Flyers (congrats to them btw for playing an excellent series vs MTL) will be awaiting.

come on Malkin, Crosby, Malone, J staal and Gonchar play as big as you can :beer:

I can't believe that the Flyers made it this far. I thought they'd blown it against the Caps, but then to beat Montreal really suprised me. It's gonna be World War 3 vs. them as soon as we get rid of the Rangers which should be today (I hope).

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2:

pnbronco
05-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I can't believe that the Flyers made it this far. I thought they'd blown it against the Caps, but then to beat Montreal really suprised me. It's gonna be World War 3 vs. them as soon as we get rid of the Rangers which should be today (I hope).

"LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2:

I was really surprised about the Flyers too. Good luck today ECF with the Rangers.

pnbronco
05-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Good luck today Coach. I'm hoping I'll have my booth torn down and back home before the game starts so I can watch it.

CoachChaz
05-04-2008, 10:39 AM
This series should already be over. I can't believe Morrow got screwed out of those 2 goals, but oh well...it is what it is. We'll just have to put them away at home today. If not, I have the Flyers to root for. I think I was the only kid growing up in Philly that rooted for the NorthStars, but I can still root for the home town team if the Stars happen to choke (knocks on wood).

BroncoAV06
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Heck of a game going on NY just killed the double minor.

Medford Bronco
05-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Congrats to the Pens ECF :beer:

now sweep the dirty flyers for us :salute:

East Coast Fan
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats to the Pens ECF :beer:

now sweep the dirty flyers for us :salute:

Wow! We threw everything at Lundquist but the kitchen sink and finally eeked it out; two post shots but it took to overtime to be rid of those Rangers. Now it's on to the Flyers and this is gonna be a WAR... :viking:

I'm hoping that the Flyers choke like they usually do...

"LET'S GO PENS"

BroncoAV06
05-05-2008, 12:17 AM
3rd OT on the way in Dallas. Both goalies stopping everything. Have to think odd man rushes and plenty of chances to come with the legs already gone.

Medford Bronco
05-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Congrats Coach Chaz on winning the Series for your Stars :beer:

now please beat the Wings for us :salute:

CoachChaz
05-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I went to the game and all I can say is I am exhausted this morning. Got home after 2am CST and up at 5:30 for work. It was fun and a big win, but Detroit owns us. I'll be cheering my boys on...but I'm realistic.

MOtorboat
05-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I went to the game and all I can say is I am exhausted this morning. Got home after 2am CST and up at 5:30 for work. It was fun and a big win, but Detroit owns us. I'll be cheering my boys on...but I'm realistic.

Here's to them changing that :beer:

Medford Bronco
05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Here's to them changing that :beer:

could not agree more MB :salute::beer:

MOtorboat
05-05-2008, 08:50 AM
could not agree more MB :salute::beer:

I don't like the Red Wings :coffee:

CoachChaz
05-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I hate the Wings with a passion. I have a buddy up in MI that is a huge fan. Fortunately, he's not a dick and we have a friendly rivalry.

Anyway...from your lips to God's ears. Let's go Stars!! I'd love to see a Dall/Philly Final, but with my luck...it'll be Pitt/Detroit

Flatinum
05-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Great game last night. The better team won but I had to post one of the greatest saves I've ever seen. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFMPIC5nbFg

CoachChaz
05-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Great game last night. The better team won but I had to post one of the greatest saves I've ever seen. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFMPIC5nbFg

Firewall won't let me view it here...What is it?

Medford Bronco
05-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I hate the Wings with a passion. I have a buddy up in MI that is a huge fan. Fortunately, he's not a dick and we have a friendly rivalry.

Anyway...from your lips to God's ears. Let's go Stars!! I'd love to see a Dall/Philly Final, but with my luck...it'll be Pitt/Detroit

Pitt vs the Stars.

I hate Philly as much as most here hate the Wings.

they are the dirtiest team in the NHL and have been since the mid 1970s

and I dont hate the wings as much as most here, I hate Hasek that little crybaby but not the rest of the team.

Medford Bronco
05-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Firewall won't let me view it here...What is it?

you probably saw it the save Nabakov in OT with the glove.

simply outstanding :salute:

great post Flatinum :beer:

Flatinum
05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Off topic a little but Brendan Morrow is a beast. The Russians may have Ovechkin and Malkin. But with the Olympics less than two years away does anyone have better forwards than Canada?

Crosby, Lecavalier, Thorton, Iginla, Heatley, E.Staal, Richards 2x, St.Louis, Morrow, Spezza (soft but talented), Nash, Getzlaf......etc.

CoachChaz
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Off topic a little but Brendan Morrow is a beast. The Russians may have Ovechkin and Malkin. But with the Olympics less than two years away does anyone have better forwards than Canada?

Crosby, Lecavalier, Thorton, Iginla, Heatley, E.Staal, Richards 2x, St.Louis, Morrow, Spezza (soft but talented), Nash, Getzlaf......etc.

Morrow is a stud. I don't think anyone gets more out of their body than him. If he could stay out of the box, who knows what kind of numbers he could put up.

pnbronco
05-05-2008, 09:53 AM

What a game. I couldn't keep my eyes open last night just too many hours put in the last five weeks, but what I saw was amazing. Coach it's good to be a realistic, but that was a different team I saw out there this playoffs. Remember last year the Wings thought they had it and then the Ducks came along when no one gave them credit. So go Stars!!!!

CoachChaz
05-05-2008, 09:58 AM
What a game. I couldn't keep my eyes open last night just too many hours put in the last five weeks, but what I saw was amazing. Coach it's good to be a realistic, but that was a different team I saw out there this playoffs. Remember last year the Wings thought they had it and then the Ducks came along when no one gave them credit. So go Stars!!!!

It was well worth the sleep deprivation. Had SJ won...I'd be singing a different tune. Dallas is definately playing good hockey, but really...they've been solid all season. They were within a point of Detroit until the last month of the season when they lost Zubov and Boucher. I'll hope for the best.

Anyone able to find video of Morrow's hit on Michalek? That's a clip I want to keep.

Medford Bronco
05-05-2008, 10:03 AM
It was well worth the sleep deprivation. Had SJ won...I'd be singing a different tune. Dallas is definately playing good hockey, but really...they've been solid all season. They were within a point of Detroit until the last month of the season when they lost Zubov and Boucher. I'll hope for the best.

Anyone able to find video of Morrow's hit on Michalek? That's a clip I want to keep.

here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhrzGMKP5Nk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEs-9oSj5kE

CoachChaz
05-05-2008, 10:10 AM
here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhrzGMKP5Nk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEs-9oSj5kE

I want to see how it looked on TV, because I thought for sure they'd need a stretcher for him.

Medford Bronco
05-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Seems like a long time to wait until the CF open on Thursday.

should be tonight or tomorrow. Its not like the series prior went 7 games.

BroncoAV06
05-06-2008, 02:25 PM

The Dallas/Stars series in playing time did... I like the flow of the hockey playoffs, better then having 2 days in between games like the NBA does at times, do the Lakers and Jazz really need and extra day off after game one, really? I think not!

underrated29
05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
boy the stars and the wings. I really hate both teams. :ugh:

I guess for the members here Go Stars.

But most of all GO PENS!!!!!!

Oh by the way dallas- whoop the crap out of detroit for us. Beat them hard.

I hate detroit.

East Coast Fan
05-06-2008, 02:48 PM
boy the stars and the wings. I really hate both teams. :ugh:

I guess for the members here Go Stars.

But most of all GO PENS!!!!!!

I like.....:D

It's gonna be a WAR!!!

"LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" "LET'S GO PENS" :cheer2::laser::boxing:

pnbronco
05-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Man I keep wanting to look on Verse. It does seem like a long time. I know Thurs will be here soon, but I'm ready. Sure hope Dallas is too....:boxing:

pnbronco
05-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Are we there yet? Why is feel like it's taking so long. I can't believe how much I miss watching a game. Maybe I've been on such a run I don't know how to have time. Go Stars!!!!

Flatinum
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Coach, this one's for you. They say this guy is the real deal. We'll see next year.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237147&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_main

Requiem / The Dagda
05-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Nice 3-2, Go Malkin!

East Coast Fan
05-10-2008, 07:33 AM
WOW! First period started out like a track meet and I thought "this is gonna be a wild one". Then it settled down and they never really threatened after we had the two goal lead (although they did clank one off of the crossbar late in the game which would've made it interesting at the end had that gone in). But Malkin...sometimes this kid outshines Crosby! I can just imagine what Biron was thinking when he saw that big 747 wind up for a SLAPSHOT from 10 feet away :eek: he had no chance to stop that! Can you imagine if that shot would've HIT Biron instead of going in? It'd killed him! Then at the end we saw some of the anger between these two teams; near the end of the series you're gonna see some brawls I'm sure.

So far so good...game 2 tomorrow night.

"LET'S GO PENS" :salute:

underrated29
05-10-2008, 08:47 AM
That was a good game. Philly just doesnt stand a chance.

The refs really let them play. I was very surprised. There were atleast 4-5 holding/hooking penalties they let go. And also a couple interference. This was for both sides, but i think it worked out in phillys favor. If the refs start calling the game more tightly philly is going to be in the box a lot.

East Coast Fan
05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
That was a good game. Philly just doesnt stand a chance.

The refs really let them play. I was very surprised. There were atleast 4-5 holding/hooking penalties they let go. And also a couple interference. This was for both sides, but i think it worked out in phillys favor. If the refs start calling the game more tightly philly is going to be in the box a lot.

If the Flyers crash the net like they did in the first period they could give us trouble; I don't know if they just stopped doing that or if we adjusted to it.

Yes, I thought the call on Orpik (holding) where he really upended someone was kinda questionable, and Hossa really got rapped in the chops and they didn't call that. The Flyers power play really didn't generate much anyway-not yet.

This thing will EXPLODE before it's all said and done-you'll see Laraque, Ruutu and Roberts fighting with someone soon; probably Malone too and suprisingly even Malkin who last night REALLY looks like he can't stand the Flyers!

pnbronco
05-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Nice solid game ECF. The Pens are the real deal, I did enjoy last nights game a whole lot more.

underrated29
05-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah with the last like 30 sec, malkin was in there in the skermish. I was like dude what are you doing get out of there. Iknow you got to back your guy up, but you dont want to get a game misconduct for fightingwithin the last 5 of the game.

Philly did crash pretty hard but once you put the pressure on them and made them stay in their own zone, they really got scared and were forced to try to slow you down then score some offense.

Their only real chance is to come out strong and get the early lead and never let up. If the do let up or you guys keep it onthem-- Lights out.

And that up ended hit, that was just plain beautiful

pnbronco
05-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Now Stars today is the day. Hopefully got some rest, ready to go give the Wings some fits, GO STARS!!!!

East Coast Fan
05-10-2008, 06:48 PM
And that up ended hit, that was just plain beautiful

Orpik really can crack people, that's for sure. I thought that it was a legal hit, so did the one announcer, but they said that he had his free hand on the guy and rode him down. It was still worth it as he nailed his ass good! Next game turn the volume up a little louder and even if you don't see it you'll hear a LOT of "BANG" as they plaster each other into the boards; it's really loud. And mark my words they WILL all have it out as this series winds down; there's just too much animosity between these two teams.

jetrazor74
05-10-2008, 08:23 PM
9 minutes left! The Stars need a goal BADLY!!!!! :eek:

jetrazor74
05-10-2008, 08:38 PM
DAMM!!! We need to win both games in Dallas, just to even it up!!! :tsk:

pnbronco
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
DAMM!!! We need to win both games in Dallas, just to even it up!!! :tsk:

Welcome jet and sorry. I was hollering. Man I think the Stars hate the Wings more than the Avs do. I can't believe that Mike R. hit Osgood like that after the game had ended. I was laughing at Turc with the trip and hitting Holstrom, I really hate Holstrom the just has attitude and not a good one. So good luck in Dallas, I'm pulling for you guys...

Do you know if they will do something to Mike, he must of really been frustrated because he a good guy...

East Coast Fan
05-12-2008, 05:53 AM
I expected Philly to play harder in this one and they did. Man that guy needed 50 stitches if I heard correctly to close that cut from the puck-ouch! And I personally thought that the play that they reviewed should've been a goal; it looked like the whole puck was over the line before Biron put his glove on it but who knows! Now onto Philly which will be nasty, but up 2-0 we're in the driver's seat.

And could someone please tell the refs to pick up the broken sticks on the ice so that they don't interfere with the play!! :D

Medford Bronco
05-12-2008, 08:05 AM
I just hope the pens can continue this fine play for 6 more wins :D
for ECF.

Only if they play Dallas would I not mind too much if Dallas won but
its likely going to be Det as they look awesome so far. I hope the Stars
wake up tonight and make it a series and you have to hit the net with chances

early in game 2 they missed the net with lots of scoring opportunities in the 1st period.

Go Stars and Pens.

CoachChaz
05-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Dallas is done. It's just not feasible for anyone to climb out of this hole against Detroit the way they are playing right now. I'll be pulling for my Stars, but reality is what it is.

Medford Bronco
05-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Dallas is done. It's just not feasible for anyone to climb out of this hole against Detroit the way they are playing right now. I'll be pulling for my Stars, but reality is what it is.

not yet coach, if they win tonight they can climb back in it.

I saw my Canes go down 0-2 vs MTL in 06 and then win 4 straight.

its not like they played that bad in game 2. they just need to hit the net with their chances. too many missed nets, especially on a 4 on 1:shocked:

one game at at time.

CoachChaz
05-12-2008, 09:35 AM
not yet coach, if they win tonight they can climb back in it.

I saw my Canes go down 0-2 vs MTL in 06 and then win 4 straight.

its not like they played that bad in game 2. they just need to hit the net with their chances. too many missed nets, especially on a 4 on 1:shocked:

one game at at time.

No offense, but I'd like our chances against MTL, moreso than Detroit. I agree on taking advantage of chances. When you only get 17 or 18 shots on goal per game...you have to take advantage of them.

Medford Bronco
05-12-2008, 09:39 AM
No offense, but I'd like our chances against MTL, moreso than Detroit. I agree on taking advantage of chances. When you only get 17 or 18 shots on goal per game...you have to take advantage of them.

MTL in 06, not that they are as good as Det, hardly anyone is. (Pitt is I think this year though)

I was just trying to say one game at at time.
The Stars can win tonight. I feel it. they are not going down 3-0. they might not win the series but they are going to fight against the Wings.

as one broadcaster once said. if you dont hit the net, you cant score. So true but lots of teams try to be too cute sometimes and it hurts them.

tonight Modano must step up. he has not done too much in this series and he is one of the true leaders on the Stars. I would love him to score one or two.

CoachChaz
05-12-2008, 09:55 AM
MTL in 06, not that they are as good as Det, hardly anyone is. (Pitt is I think this year though)

I was just trying to say one game at at time.
The Stars can win tonight. I feel it. they are not going down 3-0. they might not win the series but they are going to fight against the Wings.

as one broadcaster once said. if you dont hit the net, you cant score. So true but lots of teams try to be too cute sometimes and it hurts them.

tonight Modano must step up. he has not done too much in this series and he is one of the true leaders on the Stars. I would love him to score one or two.

Not the easiest task when you are centering the checking line. Although, Ott has been playing that this series. We'll see.

MOtorboat
05-12-2008, 09:59 AM
I like golf...and watched the Players' yesterday, but it kind of pissed me off because no hockey on regular tv on a pretty important weekend...:tsk:

Medford Bronco
05-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I like golf...and watched the Players' yesterday, but it kind of pissed me off because no hockey on regular tv on a pretty important weekend...:tsk:

Bettman sucks MB that is all I can say

I hate that its on Versus. I still watch but it sould be on FoxSportnet
or some other outlet for those who dont get Versus.

I miss ESPN having hockey. it was so much better than now.

NBCs coverage sucks royally.

BroncoFanatic
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
:beer: to all hockey fans :cool:

New arrival here (thanks Med), looking for my Penguins to bring home the goodies! The Flyers may not be done yet, but I think one win is all they will get before they go golfing :flute:

East Coast Fan
05-12-2008, 02:43 PM
:beer: to all hockey fans :cool:

New arrival here (thanks Med), looking for my Penguins to bring home the goodies! The Flyers may not be done yet, but I think one win is all they will get before they go golfing :flute:

Welcome to the boards; it's nice to see another "Eastern" PA. person who picks the "correct" PA. team to root for! I think it'll be tough next game in Philly; maybe they'll pull one game out or so; then I think that they'll cave and they'll fight like crazy near the end!

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

BroncoFanatic
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the boards; it's nice to see another "Eastern" PA. person who picks the "correct" PA. team to root for! I think it'll be tough next game in Philly; maybe they'll pull one game out or so; then I think that they'll cave and they'll fight like crazy near the end!

"LET'S GO PENS" :D

Emmaus? Shoot you're right up the road from me in Hatfield :wave:

Yeah, I see a similar series as the Rangers gave us. Flyers maybe a bit tougher, but same end result. We will win one of the next two then close it out da 'burgh :rockon:

Mike
05-12-2008, 03:36 PM

Avs fans know the feeling, Coach.

At least your team is putting up a fight though.

pnbronco
05-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Coach it's tough, esp when they are playing a team that I just don't like even a little bit and I love all hockey players for the most part. I thought the Stars did a better job on Sat and I'm hoping that they'll be back in their groove in Dallas. So GO STARS!!!

Plus you guys are right, I couldn't believe that Conference Finals are on Verse, that's just is not right. They wonder why their rating are so bad, only die hards are going to buy it. So now are we up to 6 or 7 on this site?

Hang in there Coach, I'm pulling for you...

Medford Bronco
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Coach it's tough, esp when they are playing a team that I just don't like even a little bit and I love all hockey players for the most part. I thought the Stars did a better job on Sat and I'm hoping that they'll be back in their groove in Dallas. So GO STARS!!!

Plus you guys are right, I couldn't believe that Conference Finals are on Verse, that's just is not right. They wonder why their rating are so bad, only die hards are going to buy it. So now are we up to 6 or 7 on this site?

Hang in there Coach, I'm pulling for you...

lol 6 fans :pound:

now if the Stars hit the net, then they will be okay.

the other night they had 3 great chances early in the game but missed the net, even on a 4 on 1.

They must get a lead and build off of it, like Nashville did in round 1. The gave Det a scare but scoring first and pressing them in their home building.

I dont hate the Wings as most here, (just hasek that crybaby) but I like the Stars a lot more. I hate the dirty Flyers. being dirty since 1974 when Bobby I break ankles Clarke led them. That team has been so filthy that I hope they lose 8-0 to the Pens tomorrow night. Go Pens.

underrated29
05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
IM With you Med, I think dallas is going to sneak one from DEt.

And my brid boys, you will sweep philly. They do not deserve to be in a CC game. Keep taking it to them, they will fold!

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Great, great, great! overtime period. This is as good as it gets.

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 10:28 PM
THIS...is why I love hockey.

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Great, great, great! overtime period. This is as good as it gets.

This is some good hockey, no doubt :woot:

Whatever happens, my Pens didn't give up!

MOtorboat
06-02-2008, 10:57 PM
The Red Wings have dominated OT, imo...but the Pens are still in it.

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:04 PM
The Red Wings have dominated OT, imo...but the Pens are still in it.

I can't argue, the Wings are relentless. I'm proud of my Pens either way this goes. I'm just happy to be watching some QUALITY hockey

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I do believe I need the crash cart

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Man now this is hockey, what a game. Thought I would have missed it. Got home from graduation and look up the score and went wow!!!!

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I do believe I need the crash cart

You know there should be a smiley for that...:D:D

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
You know there should be a smiley for that...:D:D

CLEAR !! :D

Helluva game

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
All I have to say is Marc Andre Fleury or this game is history a long time ago

I hope they win but it has been a very fun game to watch (finally)
less trap crap

Go Pens

GW either Jordan Staal or Jarko Ruutu
both brothers play for the Canes ;)

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:22 PM

less trap crap

Go Pens

Fluery has been phenominal, win or lose. Sign that guy long term!

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Fluery has been phenominal, win or lose. Sign that guy long term!

agreed.

Ruutu almost ended it with hitting a post.

I like his spunk :D:beer:

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM

less trap crap

Go Pens

I love the Ruutu's. Med isn't it after midnight there???? You're right this is a great game to watch.

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I love the Ruutu's. Med isn't it after midnight there???? You're right this is a great game to watch.

and its freaking hot out :laugh:

Go Pens, at least make me being tired tomorrow woth it ;)

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:30 PM

After midnight here! But DAMN, I can't quit now, and I hope my Pens don't either!

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, if the Pens wins, game 6 is tomorrow night...

BroncoBJ
06-02-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm watching my favorite sport right now Med :elefant:

I didn't watch the regulation.
All I've seen are the overtimes :lol:

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm watching my favorite sport right now Med :elefant:

I didn't watch the regulation.
All I've seen are the overtimes :lol:

You picked a good one to watch :D

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Double minor, come on guys!!!! YES!!!!!!!!

BroncoBJ
06-02-2008, 11:47 PM
:elefant: :elefant:

Going back to Pittsburgh. :salute:

BroncoFanatic
06-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Holy $#!*

Great game, my team is still alive :beer:

Medford Bronco
06-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Holy $#!*

Great game, my team is still alive :beer:

Peter Sykora called his shot :beer:

Marc Andre Fleury should get the first and second star with Sykora getting the third

I am glad the Pens are making the wings wait :salute:

pnbronco
06-02-2008, 11:52 PM
:elefant: :elefant:

Going back to Pittsburgh. :salute:

This is soooo cool !!!! (BTW are you going to fan fair?)