PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Reasons We May Take Joe Haden at 11.

WARHORSE
03-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Another speculatory thread......but interesting considerations regardless.

With the moves we have already made in free agency, I would not be surprised to see us take Joe Haden if he were there at 11 and a few other guys gone.

Number one, he is a very good corner. The best in the draft. He blankets elite WRs.....has hands....has the athletic ability......produces.

Number two, Champ Bailey is in his last year of his contract.

Number three, Goodman isnt a spring chicken.

Number four, our nickle slot is still wide open.

Number five, I saw Alphonso Smiths picture on a milk carton in Denver.

Number six, he may be the best available athlete at 11.

Number seven, the position plays the money better at corner.

Number eight, he has high character, is tough, is smart. He can articulate his thoughts well.

Number nine, if we resign Champ, this guy leads our secondary to variable situations that can handled. An injury....Champ moving to FS......Goodman slowing and moving to nickle........

Number 10, versatility in working out Champs contract.

Bonus reason:

11- Flexibility in FAgency next year should we have difficulty signing Champ.

First of all, if we have a good year, I believe Champ will want to stay and we will want him to stay.

Champs family loves the Denver area and I dont believe they want to move.

But anyway, if we end up franchising Champ, other teams wont be able to leverage us due to the fact that Haden is on the roster. We wont be desperate to sign, nor trade Champ.

Okay.....Im done.:coffee:

WARHORSE
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Guys we would possibly take ahead of Haden if there:

Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Berry, Morgan, Graham............

claymore
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
War this thread makes me want to cry. Only because of Alphonso Smith. :(

Northman
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I really hope we do not take a corner with our first pick.

Lancane
03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
If we draft Haden I will be arrested, because they will catch me pissing on McDaniels' nice ass car!

:coffee:

SOCALORADO.
03-18-2010, 04:11 PM
DezBryant is a better athlete than Haden.
DezBryant is worth more to DEN in tradeable value in regards to Marshall.
DezBryant is a better pro prospect than Haden.
DezBryant would make DENs offense even with Marshall absolutely deadly,
and without Marshall just as good as last year.
DezBryant is just a plain better pick, in terms of long and short term value.

Northman
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Without improving the lines both offensively and defensively Haden and Bryant become useless.

Lancane
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM

See statement above...I would still piss on his nice ass car! :coffee:

topscribe
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM

There have been serious questions about Dez Bryant's work ethic and punctuality . . .

Before taking a WR in the 1st round, consider these players:

2009 OAK Darrius Heyward-Bey
2009 SFO Michael Crabtree
2009 PHI Jeremy Maclin
2009 NYG Hakeem Nicks
2009 TEN Kenny Britt
2007 DET Calvin Johnson
2007 MIA Ted Ginn Jr.
2007 KAN Dwayne Bowe
2007 NOR Robert Meachem
2007 SDG Craig Davis
2007 IND Anthony Gonzalez
2006 PIT Santonio Holmes
2005 MIN Troy Williamson
2005 DET Mike Williams
2005 JAX Matt Jones
2005 BAL Mark Clayton
2004 JAX Reggie Williams
2004 BUF Lee Evans
2004 TAM Michael Clayton
2004 ATL Michael Jenkins
2004 SFO Rashaun Woods
2003 DET Charles Rogers
2003 ARI Bryant Johnson
2002 NOR Donte Stallworth
2002 DEN Ashley Lelie
2001 CHI David Terrell
2001 WAS Rod Gardner
2001 PHI Freddie Mitchell
2000 CIN Peter Warrick
2000 PIT Plaxico Burress
2000 BAL Travis Taylor
2000 KAN Sylvester Morris
2000 JAX R. Jay Soward
1998 DEN Marcus Nash

(Hint: Which one of these 1st round WRs went to a single Pro Bowl?)

-----

SOCALORADO.
03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
See statement above...I would still piss on his nice ass car! :coffee:

Yeah, but hes better than Kenny Irons......................................even at RB!
;)

TXBRONC
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I really hope we do not take a corner with our first pick.

Agreed. I hope we take a player that is going help one of our lines preferably defense.

SOCALORADO.
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
There have been serious questions about Dez Bryant's work ethic and punctuality . . .

Before taking a WR in the 1st round, consider these players:

2009 OAK Darrius Heyward-Bey
2009 SFO Michael Crabtree
2009 PHI Jeremy Maclin
2009 NYG Hakeem Nicks
2009 TEN Kenny Britt
2007 DET Calvin Johnson
2007 MIA Ted Ginn Jr.
2007 KAN Dwayne Bowe
2007 NOR Robert Meachem
2007 SDG Craig Davis
2007 IND Anthony Gonzalez
2006 PIT Santonio Holmes
2005 MIN Troy Williamson
2005 DET Mike Williams
2005 JAX Matt Jones
2005 BAL Mark Clayton
2004 JAX Reggie Williams
2004 BUF Lee Evans
2004 TAM Michael Clayton
2004 ATL Michael Jenkins
2004 SFO Rashaun Woods
2003 DET Charles Rogers
2003 ARI Bryant Johnson
2002 NOR Donte Stallworth
2002 DEN Ashley Lelie
2001 CHI David Terrell
2001 WAS Rod Gardner
2001 PHI Freddie Mitchell
2000 CIN Peter Warrick
2000 PIT Plaxico Burress
2000 BAL Travis Taylor
2000 KAN Sylvester Morris
2000 JAX R. Jay Soward
1998 DEN Marcus Nash

(Hint: Which one of these 1st round WRs went to a single Pro Bowl?)

-----

As long as he isnt smacking women around and slippin on McDonalds bags, its a win/win for DEN.

Lancane
03-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah, but hes better than Kenny Irons......................................even at RB!
;)

What's that, you want me to piss on your car now? :D

arapaho2
03-18-2010, 04:42 PM

you forgot

dez bryant is even more troubled then marshall...and will give the moronic a new cancer to crusify

LTC Pain
03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Agreed. I hope we take a player that is going help one of our lines preferably defense.

Agreed. If Dan Williams is available I hope the Broncos take him. If not, take the best available O-line tackle/center available. Different story if the Broncos trade Marshall and have an additional 1st round pick.

Lancane
03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
As long as he isnt smacking women around and slippin on McDonalds bags, its a win/win for DEN.

Actually it's a lose/lose situation for Denver. Production offensively drops, Denver scoring offense costs Denver more games. Follow repeated pattern following year, even if improvement is seen. Say goodbye to McDaniels who pretty much destroyed the Denver franchise in three years...say hello to new regime, try and forget the past three years as the Broncos rebuild yet again.

Kenny Irons is then hired as the new running back coach! :D

underrated29
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Guys we would possibly take ahead of Haden if there:

Suh, McCoy, Bradford, Berry, Morgan, Graham............

ADD

odrick
bryant
mclain

SOCALORADO.
03-18-2010, 04:50 PM
you forgot

dez bryant is even more troubled then marshall...and will give the moronic a new cancer to crusify

How is he more troubled?
Stop the crap with Dez having huge baggage. That's just what people like to say when they don't want us to draft him.
He has never been arrested, and the suspension was because he panicked and lied to the NCAA when they asked what he was doing with Deion Sanders. He wasn't doing anything illegal with Deion, he just lied.

SOCALORADO.
03-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Actually it's a lose/lose situation for Denver. Production offensively drops, Denver scoring offense costs Denver more games. Follow repeated pattern following year, even if improvement is seen. Say goodbye to McDaniels who pretty much destroyed the Denver franchise in three years...say hello to new regime, try and forget the past three years as the Broncos rebuild yet again.

Kenny Irons is then hired as the new running back coach! :D

:shocked:

Lancane
03-18-2010, 04:52 PM
The list of draft picks that deserves a car pissing:

Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Joe Haden, Eric Berry, C.J. Spiller, Dez Bryant, Taylor Mays and Earl Thomas.

Ziggy
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
If the Broncos think Haden is the next shut down corner (and he very well may be), he might be the BPA at 11. This move wouldn't bother me at all. There are plenty of very good Oline and Dline prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I disagree that Dez has more trade value than Haden. Anyone think that GM's wouldn't give up more for Revis or than Marshall? You're fooling yourselves if you do.

JONtheBRONCO
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
will not be mad if we take Haden/ Stellar player

Northman
03-18-2010, 05:00 PM
If the Broncos think Haden is the next shut down corner (and he very well may be), he might be the BPA at 11. This move wouldn't bother me at all. There are plenty of very good Oline and Dline prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I disagree that Dez has more trade value than Haden. Anyone think that GM's wouldn't give up more for Revis or than Marshall? You're fooling yourselves if you do.

Unfortuantely, we need quality Oline and Dline, not prospects. And usually those are had in the first round. Haden would be a waste of a pick and we as a organization wouldnt have learned a thing from the last 5 years. :tsk:

Nomad
03-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Without improving the lines both offensively and defensively Haden and Bryant become useless.

You know I'm on that bandwagon plus I view Bryant as another Crabtree, expecting the big payday and holding out if he doesn't get it. Right now, he's acting up again!! First round WO do nothing for me!!:coffee:

SOCALORADO.
03-18-2010, 05:03 PM

Right, but your also fooling yourself thinking Haden is anywhere near Revis calibur of player, where Bryant is much more closely touted as in comparison to Chad Ochocinco( i cant believe i just spelled that)

I dont really care either way, i think it should be BPA, but i do think bryant is a worthy pick. I like Williams or Graham too! Youve seen my mock, dammit!

underrated29
03-18-2010, 05:05 PM

But he is not a Revis. People keep saying that, but from what I have seen from him he is nowhere close to shut down. He is no revis, no champ. I have seen/ heard he is more like Dominique rogers cromartie, but he does excel in run support on like DRC...Haden- solid player, great CB in all facets, not elite.

Lancane
03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Right, but your also fooling yourself thinking Haden is anywhere near Revis calibur of player, where Bryant is much more closely touted as in comparison to Chad Ochocinco( i cant believe i just spelled that)

I dont really care either way, i think it should be BPA, but i do think bryant is a worthy pick. I like Williams or Graham too! Youve seen my mock, dammit!

It will be Kenny Irons...hehehe
Just kidding, Damn...it will be Jared Odrick! :lol:

Ziggy
03-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Unfortuantely, we need quality Oline and Dline, not prospects. And usually those are had in the first round. Haden would be a waste of a pick and we as a organization wouldnt have learned a thing from the last 5 years. :tsk:

1st round lineman are nothing but prospects also. There are a ton of quality offensive and defensive lineman that were taken beyond the first round. Getting away from taking that BPA is what got this franchise in this hole to begin with. Look at the most successful teams in the NFL. They all take the BPA. It's one of the reasons that Shanny is in Washington and not Dove Valley.

rationalfan
03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
regardless of position or prestige, this is what all of us should be preaching: i don't care which player the broncos select in the first round, as long as he's not one of the six or seven players who become busts.

Northman
03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
1st round lineman are nothing but prospects also. There are a ton of quality offensive and defensive lineman that were taken beyond the first round. Getting away from taking that BPA is what got this franchise in this hole to begin with. Look at the most successful teams in the NFL. They all take the BPA. It's one of the reasons that Shanny is in Washington and not Dove Valley.

Sure, taking the BPA is the way to go as long as your taking what you need. There are plenty of BPA players at Oline and Dline that are a greater need than DB for us. Thats also what got teams like the Lions in a craphole. You have to go with what the team really needs or can afford. Denver cant afford to take another DB.

Ziggy
03-18-2010, 05:17 PM
But he is not a Revis. People keep saying that, but from what I have seen from him he is nowhere close to shut down. He is no revis, no champ. I have seen/ heard he is more like Dominique rogers cromartie, but he does excel in run support on like DRC...Haden- solid player, great CB in all facets, not elite.

That's your opinion. Why would you compare him to Cromartie? He's not an inconsistent player, and he is very good in run support. Nothing like DRC.

None of us can prove that he is or isn't going to be a great player right now. If we could, we'd be rich and sitting in the Broncos today. I think he has potential to be a shut down corner, and you don't. Let's revisit this in 3-4 years and find out who was right. The odds are with you, since very few prospects attain thier max potential, but I think he's worth the 11th pick. He may go higher, and not be an option anyways.

D1g1tal j1m
03-18-2010, 05:20 PM
People are discounting that Marshall (our probowl WR) was a 4th round pick. Low round WR far outclass 1st round WR's. Just because Dez is touted as a can't miss pick, will surely mean he will be a 1st round miss.

If Haden is there at 11 then the Broncos will surely field phone calls from teams who value him at that spot. Stockpile some 2nd round picks and fill the roster with young talent.

Northman
03-18-2010, 05:21 PM
People are discounting that Marshall (our probowl WR) was a 4th round pick. Low round WR far outclass 1st round WR's. Just because Dez is touted as a can't miss pick, will surely mean he will be a 1st round miss.

If Haden is there at 11 then the Broncos will surely field phone calls from teams who value him at that spot. Stockpile some 2nd round picks and fill the roster with young talent.

Now, this makes far more sense than just simply taking a ranked player who Denver really doesnt need. Good post.

Ziggy
03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Sure, taking the BPA is the way to go as long as your taking what you need. There are plenty of BPA players at Oline and Dline that are a greater need than DB for us. Thats also what got teams like the Lions in a craphole. You have to go with what the team really needs or can afford. Denver cant afford to take another DB.

The Lions were the worst team in the NFL at evaluating talent. You can use them for just about every example of what not to do. I'll see your Lions and raise you a Steelers. They selected Mendenhall in the 1st round when they had a pro bowl RB and what were considered very good backups at the time. They had bigger needs but took the BPA, and it's paying off now.

Northman
03-18-2010, 05:24 PM
The Lions were the worst team in the NFL at evaluating talent. You can use them for just about every example of what not to do. I'll see your Lions and raise you a Steelers. They selected Mendenhall in the 1st round when they had a pro bowl RB and what were considered very good backups at the time. They had bigger needs but took the BPA, and it's paying off now.

Nah, very incorrect man. They were and still are in MUCH better shape than we are. They have some problems on their Oline right now which i expect them to address but when they took Mendenhall they were much better as a team than Denver. Our problem is we keep dancing around the real problem whether it be Shanny or McD. When your trying to rebuild a team to compete you need to address the real needs first and then grab the flashy guys.

WARHORSE
03-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Now, this makes far more sense than just simply taking a ranked player who Denver really doesnt need. Good post.

True.

But you need a trade partner.

WARHORSE
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I highly doubt we are going to spend the 11th pick on Dan Williams.

How many NTs are we going to stockpile?

There will be prospects at DT in the second that are viable options as well.

Northman
03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
True.

Um ok.

Ziggy
03-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Nah, very incorrect man. They were and still are in MUCH better shape than we are. They have some problems on their Oline right now which i expect them to address but when they took Mendenhall they were much better as a team than Denver. Our problem is we keep dancing around the real problem whether it be Shanny or McD. When your trying to rebuild a team to compete you need to address the real needs first and then grab the flashy guys.

I agree with you there. I'm simply stating that the reason that they are in MUCH better shape than we are is because of thier draft strategy and personnel evaluation prowess.

LTC Pain
03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I highly doubt we are going to spend the 11th pick on Dan Williams.

How many NTs are we going to stockpile?

There will be prospects at DT in the second that are viable options as well.

My thinking is that at 34, Jamaal Williams is not the long term NT solution for the Broncos. And if Baker or Fields were, then why sign J. Williams? I'm not a football expert to know if a NT, in some cases, can interchange with a DE. If Dan Williams is the best pure NT in the draft and is available at #11 then I say the Broncos should take him. He would then be the future NT that would stuff the run and anchor the D-line. Just my two cents but I understand about BPA.

EMB6903
03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Ill pass on drafting any CB in the top 20 until Denver has proven that they can put pressure on the QB on a consistent basis.

topscribe
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
My thinking is that at 34, Jamaal Williams is not the long term NT solution for the Broncos. And if Baker or Fields were, then why sign J. Williams? I'm not a football expert to know if a NT, in some cases, can interchange with a DE. If Dan Williams is the best pure NT in the draft and is available at #11 then I say the Broncos should take him. He would then be the future NT that would stuff the run and anchor the D-line. Just my two cents but I understand about BPA.

[Oh, my eyes!]

Of course, that would depend on who else is available and the needs in those positions . . .

-----

EMB6903
03-18-2010, 05:55 PM

so Dez is going to be a "1st round miss" because of other 1st round WR's that have turned out to become busts?

I think its so ignorant when people discredit a prospect because the history of that positon. I cant stand how people use it to determine whether a player is going to be good or not...

last year it was "just because he was a junior QB coming out means hes automatically going to bust" well... Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman all showed signs... critics? silenced.....

Tip.... dont look at the history of 1st round players busting out at that position... look at the prospect himself.

underrated29
03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
True.

I HAVE been saying for a while now that if Haden falls to us Pitts could come calling. But Haden has to run a lot lot faster for them to try and trade up with us. But if they did we would be in prime location to nab iupati and a pick.

Zig- I said that haden excells in run support unlike DRC. But that, DRC and haden have been compared in terms of coverage ability. I would still rather have Haden of DRC ANYDAY. and I would not be upset with him at 11. but he would not be my first choice either.

Lancane
03-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I HAVE been saying for a while now that if Haden falls to us Pitts could come calling. But Haden has to run a lot lot faster for them to try and trade up with us. But if they did we would be in prime location to nab iupati and a pick.

Zig- I said that haden excells in run support unlike DRC. But that, DRC and haden have been compared in terms of coverage ability. I would still rather have Haden of DRC ANYDAY. and I would not be upset with him at 11. but he would not be my first choice either.

Just so you know, Haden ran a 4.43 at Florida's Pro-Day... I'm sure Denver can find a trading partner, even if we move down and gain a pick this year and maybe next year. McDaniels could reach for someone as well if he feels otherwise.

D1g1tal j1m
03-18-2010, 06:19 PM
so Dez is going to be a "1st round miss" because of other 1st round WR's that have turned out to become busts?

I think its so ignorant when people discredit a prospect because the history of that positon. I cant stand how people use it to determine whether a player is going to be good or not...

last year it was "just because he was a junior QB coming out means hes automatically going to bust" well... Stafford, Sanchez, and Freeman all showed signs... critics? silenced.....

Tip.... dont look at the history of 1st round players busting out at that position... look at the prospect himself.

I would tend to agree with you if there wasn't such a large sample pool to validate the notion that a 1st round WR is more than likely to bust.
The college game and NFL game is so vastly different in terms of route running and the adjustments within those routes that the physical gifts alone will not translate to production on the field.
QB's have the ball in their hands every single offensive play and can make an immediate impact on a team. WR's need a QB's confidence in them before they are thrown the ball their way.

topscribe
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Just so you know, Haden ran a 4.43 at Florida's Pro-Day... I'm sure Denver can find a trading partner, even if we move down and gain a pick this year and maybe next year. McDaniels could reach for someone as well if he feels otherwise.

Don't worry. Haden is coming here. He'll slide to the early 2nd round, then
Denver will trade next year's 1st rounder for him . . .

-----

Ziggy
03-18-2010, 06:25 PM

-----

That would be a great trade as far as I'm concerned.

Northman
03-18-2010, 06:29 PM

Ziggy i love you but your killing me here. :lol:

Lancane
03-18-2010, 06:43 PM

-----

You really want me to get arrested for pissing on McDaniels' car don't you?

:shocked:

Nomad
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM

-----

:lol: why to get them wound up Mr Top!!

Lancane
03-18-2010, 06:47 PM

http://hosting03.imagecross.com/image-hosting-06/4164Michael-Myers---Comic-Pic---Poster---Michael---Halloween---Knife---Flickering---1a---Large---ani.gif

Come over here Ziggy, it will just take a moment of your life! :D

dogfish
03-18-2010, 07:14 PM
The list of draft picks that deserves a car pissing:

Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Joe Haden, Eric Berry, C.J. Spiller, Dez Bryant, Taylor Mays and Earl Thomas.

for your inclusion of bradford and berry, i think YOUR car is the one that should get pissed on. . . :coffee:

:lol:

Lancane
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
for your inclusion of bradford and berry, i think YOUR car is the one that should get pissed on. . . :coffee:

:lol:

Hahaha...

I like them both, so don't get me wrong and if we had a need for either I would take either one...but neither is going to be there...so hush! If we did not have so many damn holes I would be all for drafting Berry.

dogfish
03-18-2010, 07:47 PM
i don't think haden would be a bad pick for us-- he's not who i want, but it would make some sense. . .

people get WAAAAAY too hung up in the immediate, and won't step back and look at the big picture. . . talent is talent, and i'd rather draft a potential stud than burn a high pick reaching to fill a need and getting a player who'll never be very good-- you know, a guy like, say. . . ashley lilly or george foster!

yea. . . when you draft with filling your immediate needs as an over-riding priority, an awful lot of the time those are the kind of players you end up getting. . . and in the end, not only did you NOT fill your need, you also passed up a chance to add an impact player at another spot. . .

this lesson should have been learned a long time ago-- you DON'T pass up michael frickin' jordan to take sam bowie no matter HOW many guards you already have or how badly you need a big man. . .

people around here have become far too reactionary regarding our lines. . . hey, we all get it, it's a huge problem and has been for years-- and yes, it absolutely does need addressed if we want to go anywhere. . .

doesn't mean we automatically have to spend our top pick on a lineman, though-- not unless there's someone there who fits the system, fills a need AND is a solid value pick. . . i don't wanna take JD walton at #11 just because we need line help. . . unless we take an OT, dan williams is the only lineman who we could possibly get there and not get legitimately roasted for reaching our arms off. . . most people are looking at guys like pouncey, iupati and odrick as later 1st round guys. . . if anything, i wouldn't mind iupati at 11 just because he has so much upside, including the potential to play tackle, but i can't say i'd be particularly happy with those other guys there. . .

so, bigger picture. . . realistically, there's a very good chance that every single corner on our roster will be gone in two years-- champ's contract is up after the season, he and goodman are both on the wrong side of 30, tony carter is a UDFA facing long odds, and alphonso smith has to show a LOT more than the nothing he showed this year if he's going to be counted on for anything at all. . .

as far as i'm concerned, there's really no logical defense for calling the consensus top corner in the draft a bad pick under those circumstances. . . acting like we HAVE to address our top need with our first pick is a terribly simplisitic view, more suitable to the dan snyder's of this world than real football fans-- in fact, i call that shit fanboi syndrome, and expect to find it over at mania. . . people here should know better. . . it isn't written on a stone tablet anywhere that your top pick is the only one who can help your team, or that they're automatically going to be the best player you draft. . .

we could easily take haden and still improve our lines plenty. . . iupati and pouncey are considered the top interior OLs, but that's far from a guarantee that they'll be better players than mike johnson, jd walton, vlad ducasse, matt tennant, jon asamoah, etc. . . would anyone be shocked if terrance cody went in the 2nd and proved to be a better pro NT than dan williams?

honestly, i'd also prefer we get immediate help, but if the FO thinks haden is going to be a better pro than, say dez bryant or mcclain, then i could understand the pick. . . in no way would it be some random, out of left field type of pick-- like, say taking a TE for example. . . if everything else is perfectly equal of course i'd rather take an interior OL or five-technique end with our top pick, but i'd still be a hell of a lot happier getting a good corner who can start and play at a high level for the next ten years (even if he only plays nickel and ST the first season or two) than reaching badly for a lineman based on need and fan sentiment, and have him turn out to be a useless bust who you don't get anything from. . .

we're drafting these guys for their careers, not just next year. . .

JDL
03-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Another speculatory thread......but interesting considerations regardless.

With the moves we have already made in free agency, I would not be surprised to see us take Joe Haden if he were there at 11 and a few other guys gone.

Number one, he is a very good corner. The best in the draft. He blankets elite WRs.....has hands....has the athletic ability......produces.

Number two, Champ Bailey is in his last year of his contract.

Number three, Goodman isnt a spring chicken.

Number four, our nickle slot is still wide open.

Number five, I saw Alphonso Smiths picture on a milk carton in Denver.

Number six, he may be the best available athlete at 11.

Number seven, the position plays the money better at corner.

Number eight, he has high character, is tough, is smart. He can articulate his thoughts well.

Number nine, if we resign Champ, this guy leads our secondary to variable situations that can handled. An injury....Champ moving to FS......Goodman slowing and moving to nickle........

Number 10, versatility in working out Champs contract.

Bonus reason:

11- Flexibility in FAgency next year should we have difficulty signing Champ.

First of all, if we have a good year, I believe Champ will want to stay and we will want him to stay.

Champs family loves the Denver area and I dont believe they want to move.

But anyway, if we end up franchising Champ, other teams wont be able to leverage us due to the fact that Haden is on the roster. We wont be desperate to sign, nor trade Champ.

Okay.....Im done.:coffee:

Yeah... he just destroyed Brandon Lafell... oh wait I mean... uhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI984aFuo28

But, he isn't an elite WR so I guess that doesn't count :confused: