PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article on CB Nate Jones

Spiritguy
03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
For all the stability in the Broncos' defense in 2009 — they had the same 11 starters in 10 games — they never quite got settled at the nickel cornerback spot.

And despite two young corners on the roster, Alphonso Smith and Tony Carter, the Broncos showed they want more competition at the position when they signed free agent Nate Jones, a seven-year veteran previously with the Dolphins.

Smith, Carter, veteran Ty Law and Jack Williams, released when Law signed in November, all saw time as the Broncos' fifth defensive back.

"I guess they feel they have some needs somewhere that I can help them with, so that's why I'm here," said Jones, who signed this month. "I think they like my versatility, being able to do a lot of things in the secondary, corner, nickel, safety, whatever it is. I'm just looking to be an unselfish player and get in where I fit in."

Jones said he spoke to former Dolphins defensive backs Andre Goodman and Renaldo Hill about the Broncos. Goodman and Hill signed here as free agents a year ago to become part of the Broncos' revamped secondary, along with safety Brian Dawkins.

Jones said he expects to compete for the nickel spot and contribute on special teams.

"This is a talented, talented secondary, and the statistics show it. They did well last year. I think it's a privilege to come here, and I think I'll learn a lot," Jones said. "There are no shoo-ins here, or on any team. But the opportunity is there."

link (http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14688886?source=rss)

Italianmobstr7
03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
In Madden this guys rating sucks. I heard he was slow too. Personally I've barely heard of the guy and never seen him doing good things in highlights. I hope the coaches know more about him than I do because ofthis guy is better than Smith, Phons will be considered a bust.

shank
03-17-2010, 01:46 PM
In Madden this guys rating sucks. I heard he was slow too. Personally I've barely heard of the guy and never seen him doing good things in highlights. I hope the coaches know more about him than I do because ofthis guy is better than Smith, Phons will be considered a bust.

lol

Italianmobstr7
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
lol

Just to clarify, I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I'm not normally someone who throws people under the bus before they have a chance to prove themselves, I just haven't heard good things about the guy and honestly I hope Alphonso takes charge and starts at the nickel and eventually the #2 or #1 CB slot.

Kaylore
03-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Just to clarify, I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I'm not normally someone who throws people under the bus before they have a chance to prove themselves, I just haven't heard good things about the guy and honestly I hope Alphonso takes charge and starts at the nickel and eventually the #2 or #1 CB slot.

I think he "lol'd" your use of his Madden stats as though that's some kind of official gauge. I made myself in Madden and I'm a 98 safety - that doesn't mean I'm going to sign with a team.

Dreadnought
03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
I think he "lol'd" your use of his Madden stats as though that's some kind of official gauge. I made myself in Madden and I'm a 98 safety - that doesn't mean I'm going to sign with a team.

Impressive! Are you younger than Brian Dawkins? if so maybe you should reconsider :D

#1dolphinfan
03-18-2010, 01:16 AM
He is a good nickle CB he shouldnt be a starting CB at all but in the nickle package he is good