PDA

View Full Version : Talking heads talking out their other end.

Poindexter
03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I was watching a discussion between some analysts on NFL network today. It was your typical band of village idiots. Dukes, Woodson, and some other tool discussing the Broncos.

At multiple times during the segment they kept saying that we traded away Marshall. Last I checked he was still on the team for now. They also kept saying that Cutler had a better season last year than Orton. At that point I was sitting in disbelief wondering if they watched the same season I did. Cutler was awful last year.

Now I know that these fools are clueless. That's common knowledge. What I want to know now is how do they get away with going on national television spewing this uninformed garbage? I guess it shouldn't come as any surprise.

It's going to be a very long off season.

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
I was watching a discussion between some analysts on NFL network today. It was your typical band of village idiots. Dukes, Woodson, and some other tool discussing the Broncos.

At multiple times during the segment they kept saying that we traded away Marshall. Last I checked he was still on the team for now. They also kept saying that Cutler had a better season last year than Orton. At that point I was sitting in disbelief wondering if they watched the same season I did. Cutler was awful last year.

Now I know that these fools are clueless. That's common knowledge. What I want to know now is how do they get away with going on national television spewing this uninformed garbage? I guess it shouldn't come as any surprise.

Maybe there is a reason Time Warner Cable wont carry them

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2010, 03:56 PM

I saw it too, last night. Dukes actually defended DEN, and constantly has to remind Woodson that Marshall was still in DEN, and no other player such as Sheffler or Doom had been traded.
Woodson, who usually is half way logical, was just pouring it on like a moron.
He apparently thinks Cutler is really cool, and when Dukes told asked him how many INTs he threw last season, the other guy chimed in.
The other issue they both took offense to was MCD letting Nolan go. They ranted on and on about it.

claymore
03-16-2010, 03:58 PM
I saw it too, last night. Dukes actually defended DEN, and constantly has to remind Woodson that Marshall was still in DEN, and no other player such as Sheffler or Doom had been traded.
He apparently thinks Cutler is really cool, and when Dukes told asked him how many INTs he threw last season, the other guy chimed in.
The other issue they both took offense to was MCD letting Nolan go. They ranted on and on about it.

Woodson is an ass.

FanInAZ
03-16-2010, 04:07 PM
No one on this site has ever said anything that would compel me to squeeze out the money to get cable so I can listen to these guys myself.

weazel
03-16-2010, 04:14 PM
sadly, the NFL network has the worst possible people as their spokespeople. It is the dullest, most inaccurate, and mindless dribble on television. They can't even televise a live game without screwing it up.

Do us a favor, replay old games, televise the draft and shut the hell up.

T.K.O.
03-16-2010, 05:04 PM

they were jabbing at "wink" martindale as well ,going as far as saying he would not be able to call a 3-4 defense and that the broncos would "figure out" they needed nolan by mid season etc...
they basically sounded like a couple kids heckling the entire broncos F.O and coaching staff.
and dukes was'nt really defending the fact that marshall was still on the team . if you watch it again (which it runs about 6 times a day because the nfln has no other options most of the time) you will see and hear him chuckling when he says it and throws in the "yet" or "for now" after saying marshall is still on the team etc...
it was pretty obvious they had to find a way to make the quinn trade into a bit juicier story.if not to entertain the viewer,at least themselves:laugh:

Nomad
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
The only reason I have NFL Network in my cable package is to watch the BRONCOS games other than that I seldom turn the channel on!!

Ziggy
03-16-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d816f80cf/Bronco-breakdown

No need for cable. It's free and legal on internet if anyone wants to watch the segment.

arapaho2
03-16-2010, 05:22 PM
sadly, the NFL network has the worst possible people as their spokespeople. It is the dullest, most inaccurate, and mindless dribble on television. They can't even televise a live game without screwing it up.

Do us a favor, replay old games, televise the draft and shut the hell up.

that would be fine if they ever televised games other then the pats..eagles and colts

jrelway
03-16-2010, 05:28 PM
i love the nfl network. why all the hate?

Bozo Jr.
03-16-2010, 05:32 PM
I saw that as well, Woodson is an uninformed idiot. Can't stand him! :tsk:

FanInAZ
03-16-2010, 05:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/09000d5d816f80cf/Bronco-breakdown

No need for cable. It's free and legal on internet if anyone wants to watch the segment.

I actually found that out just now while strolling through NFL.com. I started watching a segment where they thought they would be cleaver by mimicking the NCAA and assess the best off season transaction to this point bracket style. They took the 8 top transactions and paired them up into head to head brackets. I forget now who they had in the #1 slot (I've no interest in going back to refresh my memory), but I do remember that they had LT in the #8. After analyzing both acquisition, they both agree that the #1 was better then the #8. Gee, what a surprise. I did I know that would happen before they even started? Needless to say, I didn't finish watching it.

T.K.O.
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I actually found that out just now while strolling through NFL.com. I started watching a segment where they thought they would be cleaver by mimicking the NCAA and assess the best off season transaction to this point bracket style. They took the 8 top transactions and paired them up into head to head brackets. I forget now who they had in the #1 slot (I've no interest in going back to refresh my memory), but I do remember that they had LT in the #8. After analyzing both acquisition, they both agree that the #1 was better then the #8. Gee, what a surprise. I did I know that would happen before they even started? Needless to say, I didn't finish watching it.

it was peppers at #1 and yes it was hilarious....then at the end of the segment they said they will "tell us who wins the whole thing next week" or something like that.:lol:
like everyone is on pins and needles waiting for them to reveal an opinion that means squat.

Shazam!
03-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Honestly, I dont even watch ESPN anymore theyre all so full of shit.

...and some of the commentary of games is just dreadful and I really drop the volume on the TV. Some of the worst moments I clearly recall in recent years were Bal @ Den '06 (Kornheiser's comments) and the GB @ Den '07 nonstop Farve lovefest.

xzn
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Path to the Draft is a quality program that I have my DVR set for, for the footage from Pro Days and prospect profiles more than the opinions. Still, Mayock is really good, Charles Davis is knowledgable as well as the former scout and Charley Casserly brings a good perspective as dose Mike Lombardi.

Day1BroncoFan
03-17-2010, 12:55 AM
Buttwoims, all of 'em.

atwater27
03-17-2010, 02:44 AM
I don't know about nFL network guys, but I would have to say the absolute dumbest, most annoying and biggest waste of skin I have ever seen on sports television is Michael Irvin. How any executive could let that crackhead on their show defies the laws of common sense.

topscribe
03-17-2010, 03:04 AM
I guess they overlooked the facts that Orton had ½ the INTs, a better QBR, and
that, thanks to the Bears, the Broncos are drafting #11 this year.

But I'm not surprised . . . :coffee:

-----

EastCoastBronco
03-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Woodson is an ass.

Speaking of Woodson. A good drinking game my buddy and I came up with was to have a drink every time he says "National Football League" in any given segment. Give it a shot (pun intended). You'll be drunk in no time...

broncofaninfla
03-17-2010, 08:37 AM
i love the nfl network. why all the hate?

I'm guessing they said something critical of Mcd, it's an instant ticket to get flamed on this site.......

claymore
03-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Speaking of Woodson. A good drinking game my buddy and I came up with was to have a drink every time he says "National Football League" in any given segment. Give it a shot (pun intended). You'll be drunk in no time...

He was a total dick when he was here for the SB. Only guy that wouldnt sign autographs.

Zweems56
03-17-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm guessing they said something critical of Mcd, it's an instant ticket to get flamed on this site.......

Well, that's just straight bullshit. I see more people complain about Coach "McDoofus" every day here than anywhere else I visit. The ratio is damn close to 50/50.

claymore
03-17-2010, 09:06 AM
Well, that's just straight bullshit. I see more people complain about Coach "McDoofus" every day here than anywhere else I visit. The ratio is damn close to 50/50.

Hopefully everyone calls Hillis a whiny bitch for getting traded. :D

Mike
03-17-2010, 09:14 AM

No, they will just call him too dumb to play.

claymore
03-17-2010, 09:24 AM
No, they will just call him too dumb to play.

Thats another one. He was probably a cancer too!

arapaho2
03-17-2010, 10:35 AM
I guess they overlooked the facts that Orton had ½ the INTs, a better QBR, and
that, thanks to the Bears, the Broncos are drafting #11 this year.

But I'm not surprised . . . :coffee:

-----

there probably taking into consideration

the broncos had a better oline...better offensive scheme and cord...as wierd as that sounds ...turner blew chunks for the bears....better wrs...better run game...better defense:coffee:

Zweems56
03-17-2010, 12:56 PM

Hard to be a whiny bitch when you don't talk, imo. Hillis handled the whole situation well. The one that you're referring to, however, did not.

Poindexter
03-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Well, I don't know about defending McD as much as just being disgusted with the flat out misinformation from the NFL network peanut gallery. I am personally not sold on this new Denver team yet. It's hard to tell after 1 season with a totally different direction what to make of it.

I personally feel that NFL Network should change it's name to Fox Sports and confirm what I have known all along.

Those halfwitted, numbskull, dipshits wouldn't know the ass end of a football if it hit them in the face.