PDA

View Full Version : Am I The ONLY ONE Excited About Quinn?

Shazam!
03-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Seriously.

This guy was supposed to be a great QB just a few short Seasons ago.

He went to play at a horror show in Cleveland that had serious deficits in talent on both sides of the ball, barring a few positions. He was never shown any confidence especially in the Mangini era, always flipping with Derek Anderson.

The guy has an arm, knows the system, is big and strong, and with some good Coaching and his own hunger to succeed after a failed stay with his hometown team that has been a wreck since the 90's, could still blossom as a possible franchise QB.

In fact, think of the irony. The Broncos were once bitter rivals and sworn enemies of the Browns. Im sure if he was any Browns fan worth his salt, at one time he hated Denver too. How ironic is it then, that he winds up with the Broncos?

Quinn was better under Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame, perhaps McD can work some magic. Maybe he could shine in starved Denver who is itching for a bonafide QB?

They gave up two future Draft picks and a FB who was nothing more than a fan favorite situational Back... at best. Chris Simms was a 'fan favorite' for a time too, where is he? Hmmm.

If all this does is push Orton to play better, so be it. If Orton fails or gets hurt and Quinn plays well, win-win.

Im not saying Quinn is the answer, but this is a cheap acquisition, not even as risky as Clarrett's Drafting which was terrible.

Those clamoring for another QB I think should be happy about this. I'm just happy that Orton has another talented and hungry QB behind him.

McD may still Draft another QB too.

I see nothing but upside with this. If he's awful, he gave up little for him. I dont think that will be the case. IMO it was a low risk move with a possible high payoff.

Italianmobstr7
03-16-2010, 01:01 AM
I LOVE this move. I've always liked Brady Quinn and wanted us to get him last season. I think he has better physical tools than Orton and will be our future starter at some point this season if not at the beginning.

topscribe
03-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Amazing. All this excitement over a QB who has yet to achieve any degree of success in this league.

Physical tools? Jay Cutler has physical tools superior to Tom Brady.

Jeff George had physical tools superior to Joe Montana.

We'll see . . .

-----

ikillz0mbies
03-16-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm right there with you Shazam. I know he hasn't played a down, but it shouldn't stop us from at least being excited from curiosity. Quinn does have potential and the excitement comes from the idea of what McDaniels can do with him and how he develops him. Develop him properly and he can be the perfect QB to run his system.

Kapaibro
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm happy about it

FanInAZ
03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
I might be more excited if it didn't seem like we're starting over from scratch for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Shazam!
03-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Amazing. All this excitement over a QB who has yet to achieve any degree of success in this league.

Wasnt there excitement when Denver Drafted Cutler, or if they Drafted this year a talented QB? The answer of course is yes.

This isnt much different, with less than a Season of experience under his belt on a terrible team.

Maybe I shouldnt have used the word 'excited' though, I'll give you that. Do I think it was a good move? Hell yeah.

Let's face it, Simms was in no way pushing for a starting job.

frenchfan
03-16-2010, 02:47 AM
I think the deal isn't bad...
I liked Hillis but he wasn't used by McD and the bet is on Moreno...

Quinn has the tools but didn't have used it at the pro level... May be a good system and coaching will be good for him... many experts thought Quinn

And anyway, I prefer having Quinn as #2 than Simms !

#1dolphinfan
03-16-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm not even a bronco fan and I am excited about the pick up for you guys

WARHORSE
03-16-2010, 05:17 AM
We have everything to gain, and nothing really to lose.

I think this was a very savvy move for Denver.:salute:

Dirk
03-16-2010, 05:24 AM
Win - Win any way I look at it.

broncophan
03-16-2010, 05:25 AM
I am cautiously optomistic here......

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 06:13 AM
i see no problem with being excited if thats your thing, but lets be honest here quinn has proven nothing....he is even more unproven then when orton came here last year.

honestly im not a fan of quinn or orton....i am a fan of MCd improving the Qb position over simms, and the value of the deal yes....but i am def taking the wait and see approach with quinn before i get excited...

the reality is he has alot to prove....he may have the tools and the coaching will probally do wonders for him....but i ceratinly wasnt jumping around like we just got a savior at Qb....he needs some serious coaching and work first to fix the flaws he developed in clevland....

i like the trade but i need to see results from the player first....its time for him to man up and show what he has got....

claymore
03-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Now that Topscribe is pissed about it, Im happy about it.

xzn
03-16-2010, 07:22 AM
I'll go on record as agreeing with those who view this as a win / win for Denver. Given the choice I'd rather have Quinn in the mix than any college QB, including Bradford. Quinn has all the physical tools you could really ask for in a prospect and already knows what its like to play in the NFL. At the same time, he's just a kid and has plenty of room to grow as a player.

I'm adopting him and cheering for him to become our Mighty Quinn!

Tned
03-16-2010, 07:33 AM
I am cautiously optomistic here......

I'll ditto this.

I can't say I'm excited, because while Quinn has had a few flashes of looking good, he hasn't done much, since being drafted, and as we have discussed, his value around the league has fallen to almost nothing.

Those that say he was a first round pick, so was Ryan Leaf and then three or four years later he was out of the league.

I would love for Quinn to become a pro-bowler in Denver and get us into the playoffs and beyond, but it is far from a sure thing.

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 07:35 AM
I like the move. Seems like there arent really any negatives to it. Even if he bombs out with us...at least I dont have to hear people whining about the All-Pro Hillis not getting PT anymore

frenchfan
03-16-2010, 07:38 AM
I agree Tned...

Quinn has potential for sure but he hasn't reach it yet... May be he'll never and will be another 1st round bust QB... or may be a good coaching will help him being the player many experts thought he was in college... Who knows?
So, according to the price, I think it's a good move... And anyway, it's an obvious upgrade over Simms ;) :D

I have no clue about college football though... people said he ran (and was good in) a similar system as McD... Can someone tell me more about that please? TIA... :salute:

broncofaninfla
03-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I'm happy we upgraded at back up QB with Quinn but don't put it past Brandstater or even some young buck we might draft to challenge at that spot. I think we got better at the QB postion with the aquisition of Quinn BUT I think Cleveland got the better player in Hillis.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2010, 07:40 AM
I like the move. Seems like there arent really any negatives to it. Even if he bombs out with us...at least I dont have to hear people whining about the All-Pro Hillis not getting PT anymore

How will you feel if Quinn flops and Hillis kicks ass in Cleveland?

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2010, 07:42 AM

I'll double down.
Quinn will be the starter either 1st game of the season, or by game 3.
:shocked:

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 07:51 AM

If Hillis runs for 800 yards in Cleveland and Quinn never sees the field in Denver...all of you Hillis lovers are going to be all over the numbers. But is that really any kind of an accomplishment?

A 5'8", 190 lb 5th round draft pick just lead the Browns in rushing. I wouldnt be shocked at all if a 240 lb white guy did it next season. But at the end of the day would you rather hold a clipboard in Denver or lead the Browns in rushing? The NFL equivalent of "serving in Heaven or ruling in Hell".

So really...it doesnt much matter what Hillis does, because the comaprison is not the same. But I still doubt he sees much starting time and would be shocked if he had more than 300 rushing yards on the season

Chris90210
03-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Nope I have never been excited about quinn infact I was laughing him during the draft when he didn't get draft in the top 10 and sat in the corner and cried. I would have loved to seen us draft a qb this year however I am slightly relieved cause now we won't so there is no chance that mcd will draft Tebow(which i wouldn't put it past him).

tomjonesrocks
03-16-2010, 09:00 AM

Not as bad as I'll feel if Cutler tears it up with all the new additions in Chicago next year.

SR
03-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I like the move a lot. We got him for next to nothing. Sucks to see Hillis go, but we got Quinn for bargain prices and there is a HUGE potential upside to his acquisition.

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Not as bad as I'll feel if Cutler tears it up with all the new additions in Chicago next year.

When the OL can block more for Taylor than they did for Forte...and when peppers starts catching TD passes...we can worry about all the new additions in Chbicago "tearing it up"

Northman
03-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I might be more excited if it didn't seem like we're starting over from scratch for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Definitely a downer as i get tired of the constant disruption with the chemistry of the team. However, i do feel a bit more at ease with Quinn behind Orton than i do Simms. :D

Northman
03-16-2010, 09:22 AM

Wont really matter for me because Hillis wasnt being used here. But, i dont see Hillis all of a sudden resurrecting the Browns. Thats where players go to die next too Oakland.

GEM
03-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Seriously.

This guy was supposed to be a great QB just a few short Seasons ago.

He went to play at a horror show in Cleveland that had serious deficits in talent on both sides of the ball, barring a few positions. He was never shown any confidence especially in the Mangini era, always flipping with Derek Anderson.

The guy has an arm, knows the system, is big and strong, and with some good Coaching and his own hunger to succeed after a failed stay with his hometown team that has been a wreck since the 90's, could still blossom as a possible franchise QB.

In fact, think of the irony. The Broncos were once bitter rivals and sworn enemies of the Browns. Im sure if he was any Browns fan worth his salt, at one time he hated Denver too. How ironic is it then, that he winds up with the Broncos?

Quinn was better under Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame, perhaps McD can work some magic. Maybe he could shine in starved Denver who is itching for a bonafide QB?

They gave up two future Draft picks and a FB who was nothing more than a fan favorite situational Back... at best. Chris Simms was a 'fan favorite' for a time too, where is he? Hmmm.

If all this does is push Orton to play better, so be it. If Orton fails or gets hurt and Quinn plays well, win-win.

Im not saying Quinn is the answer, but this is a cheap acquisition, not even as risky as Clarrett's Drafting which was terrible.

Those clamoring for another QB I think should be happy about this. I'm just happy that Orton has another talented and hungry QB behind him.

McD may still Draft another QB too.

I see nothing but upside with this. If he's awful, he gave up little for him. I dont think that will be the case. IMO it was a low risk move with a possible high payoff.

You are the only one...it was a McD move, so those that don't like McD aren't going to like it. The guy hasn't even stepped foot on a football field in the orange and blue and already he's crucified. Then again, we are an impatient bunch. If he bombs out, then this is deserved, but we don't know how this will play out. It's all a game of who can say I told you so anyways.

Northman
03-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Nope I have never been excited about quinn infact I was laughing him during the draft when he didn't get draft in the top 10 and sat in the corner and cried. I would have loved to seen us draft a qb this year however I am slightly relieved cause now we won't so there is no chance that mcd will draft Tebow(which i wouldn't put it past him).

I dont think McD would draft Tebow but then again i didnt think Denver would draft Clarett so anything can happen.

claymore
03-16-2010, 09:25 AM
You are the only one...it was a McD move, so those that don't like McD aren't going to like it. The guy hasn't even stepped foot on a football field in the orange and blue and already he's crucified. Then again, we are an impatient bunch. If he bombs out, then this is deserved, but we don't know how this will play out. It's all a game of who can say I told you so anyways.

In all fairness Dog and I disliked Quinn waaaaaaaaay before he became a Bronco.

GEM
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM
There are a whole lot of posters hating just because it was a McD move, just like they hate on anything he does. No one has to like anything and have every right to complain, but it would be great if it was for the actual move and not just because of the guy who pulled the trigger.

I just don't understand not giving this a chance. Hell it got Simms out the freaking door and that right there makes it worth it.

Nomad
03-16-2010, 09:31 AM

Ain't that the truth! I can admit being wrong which I am alot and I am not a scout but I'm not a moron to the game either! Just because a person played in HS doesn't mean shit when it comes to understanding the business of the NFL. You know the position you played and most of what goes on out in the field, but this is where I pretty much stand. But I am not going to push my opinion on someone over and over because they disagree me just to prove my point!!

MileHighCrew
03-16-2010, 09:32 AM
I for one love this move, I don't see a downside to it.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I agree Tned...

Quinn has potential for sure but he hasn't reach it yet... May be he'll never and will be another 1st round bust QB... or may be a good coaching will help him being the player many experts thought he was in college... Who knows?
So, according to the price, I think it's a good move... And anyway, it's an obvious upgrade over Simms ;) :D

I have no clue about college football though... people said he ran (and was good in) a similar system as McD... Can someone tell me more about that please? TIA... :salute:

Quinn developed in what some consider the Weis System, it's actually variable to the Pro-Spread that New England uses that Weis used during his tenure at Notre Dame, and because at the height of their dominance of the league, Charlie Weis was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots.

Traveler
03-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I say bravo! I'm one that thought JMFMcD wanted Quinn last year when he was entertaining trade offers for you know who. I'm speculatiing the only reason a deal wasn't completed with CLEV was that they wouldn't include Quinn in the deal.

JMFMcD still gets his man without giving up much in return. Can't find fault with this trade at all. Definite upgrade for the #2 spot and will keep heat on Orton.

Where's the downside?

frenchfan
03-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Quinn developed in what some consider the Weis System, it's actually variable to the Pro-Spread that New England uses that Weis used during his tenure at Notre Dame, and because at the height of their dominance of the league, Charlie Weis was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots.Thanks :salute: :beer:

So, Quinn should adapt well to McD's system? Good news IMO...
At least, he would push Kyle much more than Simms would have ever do...
And if he really reaches his potential then we'll have a choice at QB ;)

Lancane
03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Oh...and just for those who do not know...Charlie Weis, who developed Quinn and Clausen, who some call the master of the spread system and was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots at their height of glory is now our rival...he is the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs...things will get hairy with KC from now on.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 09:53 AM
I say bravo! I'm one that thought JMFMcD wanted Quinn last year when he was entertaining trade offers for you know who. I'm speculatiing the only reason a deal wasn't completed with CLEV was that they wouldn't include Quinn in the deal.

JMFMcD still gets his man without giving up much in return. Can't find fault with this trade at all. Definite upgrade for the #2 spot and will keep heat on Orton.

Where's the downside?

Actually I was onboard to trade for him last year, I would rather he be leading the Broncos over Orton, while Orton did well...he was not dominant in the system. The only other quarterback I wanted over Quinn, after the deal fell through was hoping that Denver drafted Sanchez...

Traveler
03-16-2010, 09:53 AM
...things will get hairy with KC from now on.

I think that was made clear in the last game of the season.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM

It will get worse, because now we will have two teams in the AFC West that run the Pro-Spread, one by the master of the system and us by his student...lol.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
It will get worse, because now we will have two teams in the AFC West that run the Pro-Spread, one by the master of the system and us by his student...lol.

untill KC gets a DL, specifically a NT and secondary i aint to worried about them yet.....we just gotta watch out for that little sneaky guy charles...HAHAHA:lol:

Nomad
03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
untill KC gets a DL, specifically a NT and secondary i aint to worried about them yet.....we just gotta watch out for that little sneaky guy charles...HAHAHA:lol:

They're in pretty good shape I believe, because you can't go wrong with knowing either Williams, Okung, or Berry will be available at there spot and their running game should be solid! Weis works his magic then Cassel could be playing at a high level as well!

Lancane
03-16-2010, 10:11 AM

If we trade Marshall they will not need a great defense to beat us, just an average one. As I stated before, without Marshall we have no gamechanger offensively. I'm sure the Chargers are licking their chops as is the rest of the AFC West...

broncofaninfla
03-16-2010, 10:13 AM
This forum is getting ridiculous. If you dare to question any transaction by the Broncos you get labeled a “hater” and the assumption is you are only being critical because MCD was involved. For all of the MCD blind hate accusations I see on this site, I see an equal amount of blind love for MCD. True he is the head coach for the Broncos and we should support him and I think we all do during game days but this over the top “this guy does no wrong love” is just plain ridiculous. He is a NFL coach and being paid good money to field a winning team. As fans we have every right to be critical when we feel it merits that just as we do to voice praise as WE are the ones who buy the tickets and team merchandise that pays these guys. I have been both supportive and critical of MCD but only get flamed when I’m critical. The double standard is getting really old…………….

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:15 AM
If we trade Marshall they will not need a great defense to beat us, just an average one. As I stated before, without Marshall we have no gamechanger offensively. I'm sure the Chargers are licking their chops as is the rest of the AFC West...

meh im a little more forward thinking than you are cane....moreno just needs to run hard and we need to contain charles to beat KC thats all....marshall certainly wasnt the main reason we scored 44 points on KC in the first game....it can be done...

broncofaninfla
03-16-2010, 10:15 AM

Throw the records out, Denver finished as the worst team in the AFC West last season. I think we've done the most to improve in the division to date but in 2009 both Oakland and KC finished better than Denver.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
meh im a little more forward thinking than you are cane....moreno just needs to run hard and we need to contain charles to beat KC thats all....marshall certainly wasnt the main reason we scored 44 points on KC in the first game....it can be done...

I will stick with my assessment, without Marshall this team will be in a world of hurt, too many people are buying into the McDaniels' Koolaid, it's spiked...trust me. If you eliminated Marshall from last year's unit, we would have been 4-12 in my honest opinion. I don't care how improved a defense is because it only gets you so far, ask Baltimore. We can be the best defense in the league, but if we can not score and have no dominant offensive player, other then a left tackle...the future will look mighty bleak.

frauschieze
03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
There are a whole lot of posters hating just because it was a McD move, just like they hate on anything he does. No one has to like anything and have every right to complain, but it would be great if it was for the actual move and not just because of the guy who pulled the trigger.

I just don't understand not giving this a chance. Hell it got Simms out the freaking door and that right there makes it worth it.

To be honest, Gem, I really don't see a lot of blind hatred for this move based on McDaniels. Several people have never liked Quinn, so it's safe to say they would have been bitching no matter who pulled the trigger.

I really don't see a whole lot to be excited or optimistic about, other than the fact I don't have to watch Simms' ineptitude on the field this year. I sure hope that Quinn will be the answer and prove all the naysayers wrong but that's all I have. Hope. He certainly hasn't shown anything in this league to make me think otherwise. And it seems like many share this view. I don't see what that has to do with McDaniels.

Hillis was a goner anyway, it does seem like most recognize he wasn't going to get time here and would rather have him get time elsewhere.

T.K.O.
03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
i'm stoked we got quinn at the price we did....however i was watching highlights of quinn and noticed something very disturbing.
i had always been under the impression he had a pretty strong arm,but i saw nothing that confirmed that. in fact quite the opposite he seems to throw mostly short and intermediate passes ( i realize thats the system he was in and will be here) but when he threw anything long it looked amazingly similar to orton's passing.
got the job done but recievers had to slow up or even come back for them.
those high "rainbow" throws .
did'nt seem to have alot of "zip" on them. anybody have more info?

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:31 AM
I will stick with my assessment, without Marshall this team will be in a world of hurt, too many people are buying into the McDaniels' Koolaid, it's spiked...trust me. If you eliminated Marshall from last year's unit, we would have been 4-12 in my honest opinion. I don't care how improved a defense is because it only gets you so far, ask Baltimore. We can be the best defense in the league, but if we can not score and have no dominant offensive player, other then a left tackle...the future will look mighty bleak.

well im pretty confident we can find a WR in the draft to help us out in marshalls absence....i will miss his production but i feel there are a number of Wr's in this draft who can have immediate impact...

Lancane
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
i'm stoked we got quinn at the price we did....however i was watching highlights of quinn and noticed something very disturbing.
i had always been under the impression he had a pretty strong arm,but i saw nothing that confirmed that. in fact quite the opposite he seems to throw mostly short and intermediate passes ( i realize thats the system he was in and will be here) but when he threw anything long it looked amazingly similar to orton's passing.
got the job done but recievers had to slow up or even come back for them.
those high "rainbow" throws .
did'nt seem to have alot of "zip" on them. anybody have more info?

Watch a little more film, there are quite a few games where he threw passes with a whole lot of zip that were 50 plus yards, but he can make every throw, not every pass has to be a bullet, just go the distance and be on target.

;)

Lancane
03-16-2010, 10:34 AM
well im pretty confident we can find a WR in the draft to help us out in marshalls absence....i will miss his production but i feel there are a number of Wr's in this draft who can have immediate impact...

Or they could be the next Marcus Nash, having the ability to be and being are two different spheres of conjecture!

:tsk:

Mike
03-16-2010, 10:36 AM
To be honest, Gem, I really don't see a lot of blind hatred for this move based on McDaniels. Several people have never liked Quinn, so it's safe to say they would have been bitching no matter who pulled the trigger.

I really don't see a whole lot to be excited or optimistic about, other than the fact I don't have to watch Simms' ineptitude on the field this year. I sure hope that Quinn will be the answer and prove all the naysayers wrong but that's all I have. Hope. He certainly hasn't shown anything in this league to make me think otherwise. And it seems like many share this view. I don't see what that has to do with McDaniels.

Hillis was a goner anyway, it does seem like most recognize he wasn't going to get time here and would rather have him get time elsewhere.

I think that is the point. There is very little downside involved in the trade, but people are still pissed and blame McD. I am skeptical of Quinn and some of McD's personnel moves, but I just don't see what there is to be upset about in this trade. I could see the argument if Denver traded higher picks, BMarsh, Clady, etc. But for what Denver actually gave to get the guy, they came out ok on the deal.

weazel
03-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I dont think your the only one excited about him, WTE seems to have a fair amount of bare chested pictures of him laying around.

claymore
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM

If you take feelings out of it. And go off of numbers, and experience alone... Simms was the better QB.

Hard to fathom. But its true.

So for me... I can only get so happy about losing Real talent (hillis) and potential talent (draft picks) for thus far no talent (quinn).

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Or they could be the next Marcus Nash, having the ability to be and being are two different spheres of conjecture!

:tsk:

i never said they would cane i said they can......i know as well as you do how much the draft is a crapshoot....but based on evaluation by draft niks and talking heads this is a pretty slammed WR class......

Nomad
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I think that is the point. There is very little downside involved in the trade, but people are still pissed and blame McD. I am skeptical of Quinn and some of McD's personnel moves, but I just don't see what there is to be upset about in this trade. I could see the argument if Denver traded higher picks, BMarsh, Clady, etc. But for what Denver actually gave to get the guy, they came out ok on the deal.

And Mike, I honestly believe Mcdaniels could lead this team to an SB and win and the same people would still dislike him mainly because of the Cutler trade ! I remember I ripped Cutler from day 1 and all I heard was give him a chance he's a rookie and then excuse after excuse for the next couple years! Why haven't these same people taken their own advice and given Mcdaniels the benefit of the doubt. The dude's not perfect but then again i haven't seen a coach or GM that is!! Let's see how this plays out and I believe that's all GEM is asking of people!!

Lancane
03-16-2010, 10:46 AM
i never said they would cane i said they can......i know as well as you do how much the draft is a crapshoot....but based on evaluation by draft niks and talking heads this is a pretty slammed WR class......

Actually, I have to disagree... But to each their own.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Actually, I have to disagree... But to each their own.

why????? dez bryant, arrelious benn, lafell, demaryius thomas, andre roberts, taylor price, damian williams, golden tate.....and many many more....

claymore
03-16-2010, 10:50 AM
And Mike, I honestly believe Mcdaniels could lead this team to an SB and win and the same people would still dislike him mainly because of the Cutler trade ! I remember I ripped Cutler from day 1 and all I heard was give him a chance he's a rookie and then excuse after excuse for the next couple years! Why haven't these same people taken their own advice and given Mcdaniels the benefit of the doubt. The dude's not perfect but then again i haven't seen a coach or GM that is!! Let's see how this plays out and I believe that's all GEM is asking of people!!

He is a franchise killer.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
He is a franchise killer.

yes i am:cool:

Ravage!!!
03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Why is it told as FACT, that if we don't like McD its because of the Cutler trade?

frauschieze
03-16-2010, 10:52 AM

Am I reading the same forum? Or have I just tuned out all the McDaniels bitching that completely? I just don't see it being blamed on McDaniels like you are saying. It feels like it is being made into something that it's not. But maybe I'm off base.

Mike
03-16-2010, 10:53 AM

I am on the fence with him, to be honest. He has made some moves that deserve criticism. But I feel that he is the coach and should be given his time to make the team into what he feels will win. He has 3 years to do it. I didn't expect him to try to mold his coaching philosophy to Shanahan players, so I expected change. I will give him enough rope so-to-speak. If he excels, awesome. If not, there will be another change. We endured the last 10 years of mediocre football under Shanahan, I think giving the new coach 3 years to implement his vision isn't beyond reason.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Why is it told as FACT, that if we don't like McD its because of the Cutler trade?

yeah i dont agree with that either...there are days i like MCd and days im like WTF:confused:

but i see no reason to always label someone a MCD hater because they disagree with a move....on the other hand you and i both know there are some(no names) who make it a point to call out everything as horrible before giving it a chance...

thats something that has annoyed me about all 3 MB for the last year

topscribe
03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
This forum is getting ridiculous. If you dare to question any transaction by the Broncos you get labeled a “hater” and the assumption is you are only being critical because MCD was involved. For all of the MCD blind hate accusations I see on this site, I see an equal amount of blind love for MCD. True he is the head coach for the Broncos and we should support him and I think we all do during game days but this over the top “this guy does no wrong love” is just plain ridiculous. He is a NFL coach and being paid good money to field a winning team. As fans we have every right to be critical when we feel it merits that just as we do to voice praise as WE are the ones who buy the tickets and team merchandise that pays these guys. I have been both supportive and critical of MCD but only get flamed when I’m critical. The double standard is getting really old…………….

When you feel critical, be critical. We should know it is because you care. If
you did not care, you would not be posting here. I believe I speak for a lot of
us when I advise you to speak your mind, whether or not I agree with you.
That is what makes you a productive member of this discussion board. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2010, 10:59 AM
yeah i dont agree with that either...there are days i like MCd and days im like WTF:confused:

but i see no reason to always label someone a MCD hater because this disagree with a move....on the other hand you and i both know there are some(no names) who make it a point to call out everything as horrible before giving it a chance...

thats something that has annoyed me about all 3 MB for the last year

I am not a MCD hater obviously, and i disagree with some of his personel moves, the whole Nolan thing really sucked, but to constantly bitch, piss and moan about every single issue on every single thread is lame.
Its only done by a very, very few here, and its totally unnecessary.
I can see disagreeing, but to constantly try to make a smart ass comment on every possible thread, every single post they make, is just lame.

I guess some folks are just permanently bitter about life.

claymore

but i see no reason to always label someone a MCD hater because this disagree with a move....on the other hand you and i both know there are some(no names) who make it a point to call out everything as horrible before giving it a chance...

thats something that has annoyed me about all 3 MB for the last yearHe drafted Moreno. I called that a smart move. but he hasnt done anything before or after for me to compliment him on.

Lancane
why????? dez bryant, arrelious benn, lafell, demaryius thomas, andre roberts, taylor price, damian williams, golden tate.....and many many more....

I can name a whole plethura of receivers too Elevation, even from other draft classes. Just because there are more this year does not translate into that there will be more to find success in the league. A receiver like Brandon Marshall does not come along as often as people want to believe, and Denver fans should not forget it. Remember how long it was before we had Rod Smith? And Marshall is a vastly better Receiver then he was, I love Smith...but the truth is just that. Ask the Jets, Ravens, Buccaneers, Dolphins, 49ers, Seahawks, Chargers and so many other clubs how hard finding a top caliber receiver is. Because so many are still searching today for one.

Traveler
03-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Throw the records out, Denver finished as the worst team in the AFC West last season. I think we've done the most to improve in the division to date but in 2009 both Oakland and KC finished better than Denver.

No agrument here if you they meant finished the season playing better than Denver.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I can name a whole plethura of receivers too Elevation, even from other draft classes. Just because there are more this year does not translate into that there will be more to find success in the league. A receiver like Brandon Marshall does not come along as often as people want to believe, and Denver fans should not forget it. Remember how long it was before we had Rod Smith? And Marshall is a vastly better Receiver then he was, I love Smith...but the truth is just that. Ask the Jets, Ravens, Buccaneers, Dolphins, 49ers, Seahawks, Chargers and so many other clubs how hard finding a top caliber receiver is. Because so many are still searching today for one.

it wasnt just a list cane...dont know whats up...but the fact is guys like mayock and kiper agree this class is very strong...if your hatred of the orginization right now precludes you from seeing or listening to guys like that about the upcoming draft class so be it....

there are moves i disagree with and i still would like brandon here next year, but the reality is he probally wont be so i found time to study the draft and see who could be here and listen to the talking heads that get paid to do there scouting job....

they concur the WR class is strong, will it replace marshall???? i never said that. but i realize life doesnt always go how we want so i tend to prepare for differnt outlooks and things that happen ahead of time so im not left bitching about how much things suck.....

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
He drafted Moreno. I called that a smart move. but he hasnt done anything before or after for me to compliment him on.

and personally i have no problem with your disagreement of him its a open message board.....*shrugs*

Lancane
03-16-2010, 11:12 AM
it wasnt just a list cane...dont know whats up...but the fact is guys like mayock and kiper agree this class is very strong...if your hatred of the orginization right now precludes you from seeing or listening to guys like that about the upcoming draft class so be it....

there are moves i disagree with and i still would like brandon here next year, but the reality is he probally wont be so i found time to study the draft and see who could be here and listen to the talking heads that get paid to do there scouting job....

they concur the WR class is strong, will it replace marshall???? i never said that. but i realize life doesnt always go how we want so i tend to prepare for differnt outlooks and things that happen ahead of time so im not left bitching about how much things suck.....

Kiper and Mayock also said the same about the Quarterback class that Cutler was part of...remember that? And this really is not the right thread to discuss this, if you want to talk draft with me and know my honest opinion, start a thread for us to talk in and I will let you know why I see it the way I do.

As for the Quinn move, IMHO...he is better overall then Orton as far as talent and ability goes.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Kiper and Mayock also said the same about the Quarterback class that Cutler was part of...remember that? And this really is not the right thread to discuss this, if you want to talk draft with me and know my honest opinion, start a thread for us to talk in and I will let you know why I see it the way I do.

As for the Quinn move, IMHO...he is better overall then Orton as far as talent and ability goes.

it seems to me you have soured a bit on the draft for whatever reason...as you said to each his own...your respected opinion is just as valid as mine so lets leave it at that bud:beer:

PS if its becasue of the alphonso smith deal i guess i symapthize in some aspects with ya...lol

Lancane
03-16-2010, 11:26 AM
it seems to me you have soured a bit on the draft for whatever reason...as you said to each his own...your respected opinion is just as valid as mine so lets leave it at that bud:beer:

PS if its becasue of the alphonso smith deal i guess i symapthize in some aspects with ya...lol

What? No, I am not soured at all Elevation, nor upset...if you want to really hear my opinions, I don't mind discussing such with you. But IMHO...the draft class is being overrated, there are some good prospects, that I freely admit, but there are others because of the programs they hail from, health and other such issues that have ballooned this class.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 11:35 AM
What? No, I am not soured at all Elevation, nor upset...if you want to really hear my opinions, I don't mind discussing such with you. But IMHO...the draft class is being overrated, there are some good prospects, that I freely admit, but there are others because of the programs they hail from, health and other such issues that have ballooned this class.

fair enough then....you dont like the WR class, and i do.....i feel were stuck at a impass......haha:lol::beer:

OldschoolFreak
03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
...forget all the talk about the low downside risk (which is obvious). To me, the really exciting part of this trade is the HUGE UPSIDE POTENTIAL. Yes, of course, Quinn has yet to prove anything as an NFL QB, that goes without saying. But he's always a player I've looked at as having immense potential, even as he sucked it up with the rest of his Brown's teammates.

So let's talk about the upside potential for a moment here. Again, I don't want to jinx anything but my honest impression is that if things go well and he is amenable to JMD's grooming, then we're not just talking about a decent upgrade from Orton....We're talking about a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT.

If he can get it to click in Denver, we could indeed be talking about our franchise QB for a decade. And without throwing Orton under the bus, at least having that glimmer of hope is something we've been missing around here over the course of the last season.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not upset.... but I'm certainly not Excited.

I really liked Hillis, but I hated he was wasted on the bench with this spread offense anyway. I would have liked to see him go to Washington.

That being said.... I can't get excited about Quinn. I don't see him being much of an upgrade over Orton, and Orton bores me to tears. So its just another mediocre QB on the roster fighting for a starting role. Nothing to be real excited about... just as I don't feel its much to get upset about.

TXBRONC
03-16-2010, 01:04 PM

I'm not real big on Quinn but I do think that what McDaniels gave up to get him really has no down side. Besides I think it's pretty obvious why he traded for him (besides the fact he had interested in him even last season) Quinn is very familiar with this offense so he's willing to take a chance on him.

claymore
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm not upset.... but I'm certainly not Excited.

I really liked Hillis, but I hated he was wasted on the bench with this spread offense anyway. I would have liked to see him go to Washington.

That being said.... I can't get excited about Quinn. I don't see him being much of an upgrade over Orton, and Orton bores me to tears. So its just another mediocre QB on the roster fighting for a starting role. Nothing to be real excited about... just as I don't feel its much to get upset about.

After twelve starts he has worse numbers than Simms.

Mike
03-16-2010, 01:09 PM
After twelve starts he has worse numbers than Simms.

Being the QB for the Clowns tends to have a negative influence on the old stat lines.

claymore
03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Being the QB for the Clowns tends to have a negative influence on the old stat lines.

Simms wasnt exactly a member of the NFL All decade team either.

Tned
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM

While I would never use such perverse, uncouth language, you have summed up exactly where I stand with McDaniels.

Mike
03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Simms wasnt exactly a member of the NFL All decade team either.

Please. The bulk of Simms starts (and his best season) were with the 05-06 TB team that were, as a team, good enough to get into the playoffs. The bulk of Quinn's starts came on an abysmal Brown team last year.

I am not crazy about the kid, but his career has been filled with poor coaches, poor surrounding talent, and constant turmoil in the lineup. Outside of the Raiders and Lions, there is not a place that it would be worse to be a first round draft pick for at QB...but at least the Raiders and Lions have some surrounding talent...Cleveland has just been a steaming pile of suck from GM down to the water boy for the last several years.

NightTrainLayne
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Please. The bulk of Simms starts (and his best season) were with the 05-06 TB team that were, as a team, good enough to get into the playoffs. The bulk of Quinn's starts came on an abysmal Brown team last year.

I am not crazy about the kid, but his career has been filled with poor coaches, poor surrounding talent, and constant turmoil in the lineup. Outside of the Raiders and Lions, there is not a place that it would be worse to be a first round draft pick for at QB...but at least the Raiders and Lions have some surrounding talent...Cleveland has just been a steaming pile of suck from GM down to the water boy for the last several years.

QFT.

Also, for a poster that wants to put more weight on our 2-8 finish over the last 10 games rather than an overall 8-8 season over 16 games, thereby weighting recent performance higher than historic performance, I find it quite ironic to make the argument that Simms is better than Quinn, but whatever.

claymore
03-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Dont get mad. I only stated the facts. Simms has better numbers. All the rest is just emotions and opinions.

And if you think Cleveland was such a crap team, what does that say about Brady? Their GM drafted him. Their GM was the only team willing to spend a 1st on him.

QFT.

Also, for a poster that wants to put more weight on our 2-8 finish over the last 10 games rather than an overall 8-8 season over 16 games, thereby weighting recent performance higher than historic performance, I find it quite ironic to make the argument that Simms is better than Quinn, but whatever.Sorry. I will sugar coat our very week ass 8-8 season by leaving out the shameful part from now on.

NightTrainLayne
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Dont get mad. I only stated the facts. Simms has better numbers. All the rest is just emotions and opinions.

And if you think Cleveland was such a crap team, what does that say about Brady? Their GM drafted him. Their GM was the only team willing to spend a 1st on him.
Sorry. I will sugar coat our very week ass 8-8 season by leaving out the shameful part from now on.

I'm not asking you to sugar-coat it by any means. I was just trying to point out that Simms couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn when he was in for almost 4 quarters of live action this season.

Mike
03-16-2010, 01:54 PM

The absurdity of the argument is a little much, but I am far from mad. ;)

So let's look at the plain hard stats from last season. In three games, on a better team, with better coaching, Simms managed to throw to the tune of a 15.1% passer rating, completed 29% of his passes, for 23 yards total (1.4 y/a), 0 Tds, 1 Int, and 1 fumble lost. This from a seasoned vet. If Simms can get this "good" with time and meet your approval, then why can't Quinn hope to achieve such lofty numbers? :elefant:

And you don't know that no other GMs were not planning on drafting Quinn in the 1st. Cleveland traded back into the first round to take him because they thought another team after Dallas' pick would get him.

jlarsiii
03-16-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll go on record as agreeing with those who view this as a win / win for Denver. Given the choice I'd rather have Quinn in the mix than any college QB, including Bradford. Quinn has all the physical tools you could really ask for in a prospect and already knows what its like to play in the NFL. At the same time, he's just a kid and has plenty of room to grow as a player.

I'm adopting him and cheering for him to become our Mighty Quinn!

Sorry man, but I don't agree. Trying to put away my hatred for Quinn and all that is ND, I do not agree one bit about taking him over Bradford. Right now all of my money would be on Bradford to become the better pro QB.

For my sake, and for the team's sake, I hope I am wrong and Quinn improves tremendously while he is here. If he doesn't then he will be out when we finally make a move to get a real QB and move Orton to backup.

If anything I am glad we did not get Quinn last year. We would have had to give up way too much and I would have entirely lost it.

claymore
03-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not asking you to sugar-coat it by any means. I was just trying to point out that Simms couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn when he was in for almost 4 quarters of live action this season.

All Im saying is that there hasnt been much of an upgrade. If there has even been one.

Overall we may have lost talent, and potential with the picks.

We would have been better off just cutting simms.

topscribe
03-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Now that Topscribe is pissed about it, Im happy about it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I actually am pleased. Just not excited. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

-----

claymore
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
The absurdity of the argument is a little much, but I am far from mad. ;)

So let's look at the plain hard stats from last season. In three games, on a better team, with better coaching, Simms managed to throw to the tune of a 15.1% passer rating, completed 29% of his passes, for 23 yards total (1.4 y/a), 0 Tds, 1 Int, and 1 fumble lost. This from a seasoned vet. If Simms can get this "good" with time and meet your approval, then why can't Quinn hope to achieve such lofty numbers? :elefant:

And you don't know that no other GMs were not planning on drafting Quinn in the 1st. Cleveland traded back into the first round to take him because they thought another team after Dallas' pick would get him.

Post Quins Numbers while your at it. He started 9 games (which would provide a fair assesment) and he SUCKED! THe dude wasnt even sacked that much.

Simms had 17 snaps. He worked with the #1 offense for a week. played a few downs against the redskins then started agains a pissed of division rival. What did you expect?

Normally teams in the 20's dont need QB's. If you know of someone who was going to step up and take Quinn feel free to let me know.

claymore
03-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but I actually am pleased. Just not excited. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/wink-2.gif

-----

Hahaha. I was hoping you'd see that. I was just teasing. :D

Mike
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Post Quins Numbers while your at it. He started 9 games (which would provide a fair assesment) and he SUCKED! THe dude wasnt even sacked that much.

Simms had 17 snaps. He worked with the #1 offense for a week. played a few downs against the redskins then started agains a pissed of division rival. What did you expect?

Normally teams in the 20's dont need QB's. If you know of someone who was going to step up and take Quinn feel free to let me know.

67.2 rating, 53.1 completion, 1339 yds, 5.2 (y/a), 8 TDs, 7 INTs, 3 fumbles lost. Not great, but I will take his potential over Simms' any day. Denver was so desparate to get Simms off the field that Orton had to come back into the lineup injured.

Do you know for a fact that no team past Dallas was going take him in the first? Feel free to let me know.

At worst, Denver upgraded at backup QB for a FB that wasn't going to be used and a 6th and 7th round draft pick. At best, an upgrade over Orton.

SM19
03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
The way I see it, we can only be pleasantly surprised by this trade. I like Hillis, but we weren't using him so it's hard to consider that a loss. We didn't give up much in terms of draft picks, considering the low average expected value for a late-round pick. All in all, we got Quinn at very low cost. Worst case, he doesn't pan out, making him worth slightly less than what we paid for him. Best case, he becomes a second-tier starter in the league, in which case he's worth quite a bit more than we paid for him. I'm not certain that Quinn's going to be the savior of this team or anything, but I'm very excited to see how things turn out.

claymore
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
67.2 rating, 53.1 completion, 1339 yds, 5.2 (y/a), 8 TDs, 7 INTs, 3 fumbles lost. Not great, but I will take his potential over Simms' any day. Denver was so desparate to get Simms off the field that Orton had to come back into the lineup injured.

Do you know for a fact that no team past Dallas was going take him in the first? Feel free to let me know.

At worst, Denver upgraded at backup QB for a FB that wasn't going to be used and a 6th and 7th round draft pick. At best, an upgrade over Orton.

So how are Quinns career numbers better than Simms???

At BEST we upgraded. At worst we lost picks and a FB that had some potential. Losing simms should have happened regardless of the Quinn trade.

I cant prove something that didnt happen. All I know is that Cleveland was the only team that thought Brady was worthy of a top 22 pick.

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 02:58 PM

At BEST we upgraded. At worst we lost picks and a FB that had some potential. Losing simms should have happened regardless of the Quinn trade.

I cant prove something that didnt happen. All I know is that Cleveland was the only team that thought Brady was worthy of a top 22 pick.

Which team needed AS A PRIORITY a QB in this draft?

1.Oakland - JaMarcus Russell...idiots
2.Detroit - Calvin johnson...Had John Kitna, but Johnson was a no brainer pick
3.Cleveland - Joe Thomas...drafted Quinn
4.Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams...Just signed Jeff Garcia
5.Arizona - Levi Brown...Kurt Warner
6.Washington - LaRon Landry...recently drafted Jason Campbell
7.Minnesota - Adrian Petersen...couldnt pass on AP
8.Atlanta - Jamal Anderson...Had highly paid Michael Vick
9.Miami - Ted Ginn...were relying on Trent Green
10.Houston - Amobi Okoye...just acquired Matt Shaub
11.San Fran - Patrick Willis...just drafted Alex Smith
12.Buffalo - Marshawn Lynch...just drafted Losman
13.St. Louis - Adam Carriker...had Bulger
14.Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons...Had Roethlisberger
15.NY Jets - Darelle Revis...Had Pennington
16.Green bay - Justin harrell...Had Favre & Rodgers
17.Denver - Jarvis Moss...had Cutler
18.Cincinnati - Leon Hall...Had palmer
19.Tennessee - Michael Griffin...Had Young
20.NY Giants - Aaron Ross...Had Manning
21.Jacksonville - Reggie nelson...had hopefuls in Leftwich and Garrard
22.Cleveland - Brady Quinn

next QB taken was Kevin Kolb...14 picks later

So really....did 21 teams really think Quinn was garbage or did they have other needs besides a QB. Reality

claymore
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Which team needed AS A PRIORITY a QB in this draft?

1.Oakland - JaMarcus Russell...idiots
2.Detroit - Calvin johnson...Had John Kitna, but Johnson was a no brainer pick
3.Cleveland - Joe Thomas...drafted Quinn
4.Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams...Just signed Jeff Garcia
5.Arizona - Levi Brown...Kurt Warner
6.Washington - LaRon Landry...recently drafted Jason Campbell
7.Minnesota - Adrian Petersen...couldnt pass on AP
8.Atlanta - Jamal Anderson...Had highly paid Michael Vick
9.Miami - Ted Ginn...were relying on Trent Green
10.Houston - Amobi Okoye...just acquired Matt Shaub
11.San Fran - Patrick Willis...just drafted Alex Smith
12.Buffalo - Marshawn Lynch...just drafted Losman
13.St. Louis - Adam Carriker...had Bulger
14.Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons...Had Roethlisberger
15.NY Jets - Darelle Revis...Had Pennington
16.Green bay - Justin harrell...Had Favre & Rodgers
17.Denver - Jarvis Moss...had Cutler
18.Cincinnati - Leon Hall...Had palmer
19.Tennessee - Michael Griffin...Had Young
20.NY Giants - Aaron Ross...Had Manning
21.Jacksonville - Reggie nelson...had hopefuls in Leftwich and Garrard
22.Cleveland - Brady Quinn

next QB taken was Kevin Kolb...14 picks later

So really....did 21 teams really think Quinn was garbage or did they have other needs besides a QB. Reality
Its hard looking at it this way because of hindsight.

I would say that the overwhelming consensus would be Miami. But I would also say at the time, that 6 out of the top 10 had an overwhelming need at the QB position.

Once you get past that its iffy in any draft. I think I have eluded to that as well though

I dont know if 21 teams thought he was garbage. I only know that they didnt want to go in that direction with their pick.

Shazam!
03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Just to clarify, I was in no means claiming that Quinn can be some worldbeater, will deliver a Super Bowl to the Rockies or an instant upgrade over Orton.

He played in Cleveland which may as well have been St. Louis. If he has better Coaching, hunger to succeed to show everyone he was a legit QB prospect, you nver know.

Even if he pushed Orton, that'd be a step. He certainly wasnt being challenged by Simms.

It's almost a little less risky than bringing in a rookie too.

It was just a low risk move for a potential Starting QB. Now if they gave up a lot, I'd definitely have a problem with it and pulling my hair out. Make no mistake, he's closer to a bust, but maybe the tarnish can be shined out.

MileHighCrew
03-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey if I can cheer for Jarvis Moss to turn his career around there is not reason I can't cheer for Brady Quinn to come in and light the world on fire. I am guessing when the Rams signed Warner they didn't think he would take them all the way, and I am not suggesting Quinn is Warner, just give him a chance and keep an open mind about this one trade that clearly didn't hurt the Broncos

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
The way I see it, we can only be pleasantly surprised by this trade. I like Hillis, but we weren't using him so it's hard to consider that a loss. We didn't give up much in terms of draft picks, considering the low average expected value for a late-round pick. All in all, we got Quinn at very low cost. Worst case, he doesn't pan out, making him worth slightly less than what we paid for him. Best case, he becomes a second-tier starter in the league, in which case he's worth quite a bit more than we paid for him. I'm not certain that Quinn's going to be the savior of this team or anything, but I'm very excited to see how things turn out.

Quinn will be the savior of this team..........and claymore.

claymore
03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Quinn will be the savior of this team..........and claymore.

If Quin takes us to the SB I will Donate a Brady QUinn Fat Head to the first homosexual orphan I see in Denver. Most likely Dream.

Nomad
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
If Quin takes us to the SB I will Donate a Brady QUinn Fat Head to the first homosexual orphan I see in Denver. Most likely Dream.

:lol: You'll have to drive to Fargo for that!!

claymore
03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
:lol: You'll have to drive to Fargo for that!!

I will mail it to you. You can do the prize patrol thing!

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2010, 03:32 PM

Its an authentic Brady Quinn, Medicine Woman fathead right!?!?

T.K.O.
03-16-2010, 03:34 PM

clay.... i can't believe your missing the big picture here...we DID just cut simms he has nothing to do with the trade and we obviously needed another qb.
BUT that pales in comparison to the BIG story....we now have TOM brandstater and BRADY quinn

claymore
03-16-2010, 03:42 PM
clay.... i can't believe your missing the big picture here...we DID just cut simms he has nothing to do with the trade and we obviously needed another qb.
BUT that pales in comparison to the BIG story....we now have TOM brandstater and BRADY quinn

Im just saying that statistically it was a lateral move in talent. And we lost hillis and draft picks to do it.

Simms should have been cut regardless of whether we traded for quinn or not.

I hope he gets angry and he makes cleveland look stupid for trading him though.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Regardless of where he ends up on the depth chart, Quinn will see the field this year. Orton has NEVER had a fully healthy season so even if he's the starter, we'll probably get to see Quinn when Orton's pesky, fragile ankles start acting up again.

Personally, I'm glad it will be Quinn taking the snaps and not Simms.

T.K.O.
03-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Regardless of where he ends up on the depth chart, Quinn will see the field this year. Orton has NEVER had a fully healthy season so even if he's the starter, we'll probably get to see Quinn when Orton's pesky, fragile ankles start acting up again.

Personally, I'm glad it will be Quinn taking the snaps and not Simms.

i think most peoples "pesky-fragile ankles" would "act up" when this happens....<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QshWHug9yrw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QshWHug9yrw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

or this.....http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2009/11/15/orton-kyle-091115.jpg

Shazam!
03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
This blatant Hillis homerism is borderline lunacy. It's not like Denver lost an every down player or an 1,800 rusher. He was situational at best and had a limited skillset. He was not irreplaceable by any means and didnt fit into the system.

claymore
03-16-2010, 08:10 PM
This blatant Hillis homerism is borderline lunacy. It's not like Denver lost an every down player or an 1,800 rusher. He was situational at best and had a limited skillset. He was not irreplaceable by any means and didnt fit into the system.

He was a fan favorite. A cheap one to boot. McDaniels should expect criticisim, especially if Quinn doesnt contribute.

Tned
03-16-2010, 08:25 PM

It this differs from the other blatant homerism most of us display nearly every day we post?

"Wow, we just destroyed Cleveland in that trade, I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren gets fired we fleeced him so badly...."

Not too many fans utilize objectivity either when posting nor supporting their favorite players.

TimTebow15MVP
03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I expect Quinn to win super bowls for the broncos, maybe not this year though unless he blows away Orton which i doubt will happen soon.

slim
03-16-2010, 11:34 PM
What is there to be excited about?

Being excited over this move would be like getting your nads in a bind over the Cutler trade.

Neither move is worth getting worked up over.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 11:37 PM
What is there to be excited about?

Being excited over this move would be like getting your nads in a bind over the Cutler trade.

Neither move is worth getting worked up over.

Neither is having Orton as our starting quarterback, but people still get worked up over it, no matter what side of the fence they're on.

slim
03-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Neither is having Orton as our starting quarterback, but people still get worked up over it, no matter what side of the fence they're on.

Orton is a better QB than either of the other two....

Lancane
03-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Orton is a better QB than either of the other two....

That is your opinion, which does not make it a fact. You can believe that Dorothy really went over the rainbow as well and needed to tap her ruby red slippers to get home...to bad it was just a dream.

;)

slim
03-16-2010, 11:43 PM
That is your opinion, which does not make it a fact. You can believe that Dorothy really went over the rainbow as well and needed to tap her ruby red slippers to get home...to bad it was just a dream.

;)

Wrong.

I only speak in fact.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Wrong.

I only speak in fact.

O'tay President Bush...:D

slim
03-16-2010, 11:52 PM
O'tay President Bush...:D

Bush and I are similar, in some ways.

For example, neither one of us bought the snake oil being sold by our current president.

Lancane
03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Bush and I are similar, in some ways.

For example, neither one of us bought the snake oil being sold by our current president.

Good for you, no wonder you believe Orton is a good quarterback...but we should keep this thread on topic, fact is we just believe differently and that's that.

xzn
03-16-2010, 11:57 PM
http://www.goldenarmfoundation.com/past_winners/2006_Quinn.html

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nd/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/846958.jpeg

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=150329

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010907aaa.html :salute: