PDA

View Full Version : Mario Haggan Might Be Davis' Replacement Inside

getlynched47
03-15-2010, 03:51 PM
This was speculated a little bit. Also Champ Bailey said in an interview on Denver Broncos.com that he "assumes" that Mario Haggan will play inside now that Andra Davis is gone.

I actually think the move would greatly benefit us.

Mario Haggan is not much of a pass-rusher. He was good against the run last year, but offered little to no pass rush. Moving inside, we could utilize his run-stopping ability even more next to DJ.

That opens the door for Ayers.

Contrary to popular belief, Robert Ayers was very good last season despite not recording any sacks. He had a ton of QB pressures, a few QB hits, and he excelled against the run.

With Haggan inside, I don't think we lose much with him replacing Andra Davis and we also gain a legitimate pass-rushing threat opposite Elvis Dumervil.

I like it.

It would allow us a lot of flexibility.

Then we can actually start to rebuild our offensive line. Something we've neglected. I still don't understand why Rex Hadnot chose Arizona to be a backup instead of here in Denver.

I think we should trade down, and draft Pouncey, Walton, or Tennant. We desperately need a center. I think we're fine at guard with Kuper and Olsen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comparing Haggan and Ayers:

Robert Ayers played 426 snaps. He had 17 QB pressures and 5 QB hits and was solid against the run.

Mario Haggan played 622 snaps. He had 7 QB pressures and 3 QB hits. However, he was spectacular against the run.

Andra Davis played 547 snaps. He recorded the same stats as Mario Haggan but 3.5 sacks compared to Haggan's 1 sack.

LTC Pain
03-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Ayers-Haggan-DJ-Doom. Who doesn't like that LB spread? But with the acquisition of three big D-men, Davis being waived and trading for Quinn, I'm unclear on Broncos' draft strategy. O-line tackle/center, yes. WR if Marshall is traded, yes. Maybe a DE? FB maybe?

WARHORSE
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
This was speculated a little bit. Also Champ Bailey said in an interview on Denver Broncos.com that he "assumes" that Mario Haggan will play inside now that Andra Davis is gone.

I actually think the move would greatly benefit us.

Mario Haggan is not much of a pass-rusher. He was good against the run last year, but offered little to no pass rush. Moving inside, we could utilize his run-stopping ability even more next to DJ.

That opens the door for Ayers.

Contrary to popular belief, Robert Ayers was very good last season despite not recording any sacks. He had a ton of QB pressures, a few QB hits, and he excelled against the run.

With Haggan inside, I don't think we lose much with him replacing Andra Davis and we also gain a legitimate pass-rushing threat opposite Elvis Dumervil.

I like it.

It would allow us a lot of flexibility.

Then we can actually start to rebuild our offensive line. Something we've neglected. I still don't understand why Rex Hadnot chose Arizona to be a backup instead of here in Denver.

I think we should trade down, and draft Pouncey, Walton, or Tennant. We desperately need a center. I think we're fine at guard with Kuper and Olsen.

I dont think Haggan bringing the heat had as much to do with his ability than scheme.

He brings 17 more lbs of muscle to the table, and is 6'3" as opposed to 6'1".

I believe he will be more effective at bringin pressure from this position and will be stout against the run.

Haggan will love this cause he will get more meat.

Davis did fairly well pressuring the QB, but I believe Haggan will produce more this year.

Part of that will be because everyone that returns has a year in the system as well as I believe Ayers will be able to pressure better, and I believe we will bring in another pass rusher like Graham or Morgan.

I would think because of his versatility, Morgan is very high on Denvers board.

xzn
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I dont think Haggan bringing the heat had as much to do with his ability than scheme.

He brings 17 more lbs of muscle to the table, and is 6'3" as opposed to 6'1".

I believe he will be more effective at bringin pressure from this position and will be stout against the run.

Haggan will love this cause he will get more meat.

Davis did fairly well pressuring the QB, but I believe Haggan will produce more this year.

Part of that will be because everyone that returns has a year in the system as well as I believe Ayers will be able to pressure better, and I believe we will bring in another pass rusher like Graham or Morgan.

I would think because of his versatility, Morgan is very high on Denvers board.

War, do you see Morgan as a situational player or as a starter potential at DE?

I could see him as a lighter 34 DE like Jarvis Green, but even then he'd need to bulk up. Do you think he has the frame to add some more meat?

hotcarl
03-15-2010, 05:21 PM

yeah, no

rationalfan
03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Ayers-Haggan-DJ-Doom. Who doesn't like that LB spread? But with the acquisition of three big D-men, Davis being waived and trading for Quinn, I'm unclear on Broncos' draft strategy. O-line tackle/center, yes. WR if Marshall is traded, yes. Maybe a DE? FB maybe?

draft strategy: best player available?

WARHORSE
03-15-2010, 10:10 PM
War, do you see Morgan as a situational player or as a starter potential at DE?

I could see him as a lighter 34 DE like Jarvis Green, but even then he'd need to bulk up. Do you think he has the frame to add some more meat?

I see Morgan as a player who can play DE in a limited basis (passing downs) for us because not only is he very stout against the run, he can rush the passer. I dont think he will hold up over the long haul at that weight though doing whats required of a 3-4 DE.

This guy can also stand up and he projects as an outside LBer also. He is the same size as Haggans, and is very quick off the ball.

Seems to be smart, tough and a hard worker.

He could easily be my number one desire for the team, I have Sue, McCoy and Bradford higher, but not by much.

I really like Morgan.

Elevation inc
03-16-2010, 06:21 AM
I see Morgan as a player who can play DE in a limited basis (passing downs) for us because not only is he very stout against the run, he can rush the passer. I dont think he will hold up over the long haul at that weight though doing whats required of a 3-4 DE.

This guy can also stand up and he projects as an outside LBer also. He is the same size as Haggans, and is very quick off the ball.

Seems to be smart, tough and a hard worker.

He could easily be my number one desire for the team, I have Sue, McCoy and Bradford higher, but not by much.

I really like Morgan.

word from mike mayock on path to the draft yesterday, was there wasnt a single person at the yellow jackets pro day that thought morgan could play the 3-4.....everyone there felt his best fit was at RDE or LDE if he added some weight in the 4-3....

Dean
03-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Haggan did start 3 games for us (at ILB) last year- two in the 42 nickle and one in the 43 defense. At 267 he adds some bulk inside.

I am surprised at the change, though.

xzn
03-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Haggan can keep the seat warm for Mc Clain....

Morgan is a good prospect... for a 43 team...

broncofaninfla
03-16-2010, 07:47 AM
I have a feeling we'll have a rookie palying inside this year.

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 07:57 AM
I have a feeling we'll have a rookie palying inside this year.

Because nothing on the roster is worth a damn and McDaniels couldnt manage a flea circus, let alone an NFL team.

I agree

broncofaninfla
03-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Because nothing on the roster is worth a damn and McDaniels couldnt manage a flea circus, let alone an NFL team.

I agree

Are we in a bad mood today coach? Looks like you are just seeking out my posts just to flame me. Did you ever take in consideration my comments were in context to this years talent at inside lineback in the upcoming draft?

claymore
03-16-2010, 08:09 AM

I agree

Need more tissues?

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Need more tissues?

HAHAHAHAHA

Funniest post of the year.

hotcarl
03-16-2010, 09:11 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

Funniest post of the year.

How ironic that this post is made in the WORST THREAD EVER! :welcome: