PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Broncos QB Jay Cutler is unhappy with injured WR Brandon Marshall.

"Yeah, he's not my favorite person right now. I mean, I support him, but it's always something with him right now. You can't have that," Cutler said. He is apparently frustrated because the team has a new quarterbacks and receivers coach in Jeremy Bates, and Cutler wanted to work on new formations and plays during the offseason.
Source: USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2008-04-01-cutler-marshall_N.htm?csp=34

Bronco4ever
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
That's good of Cutler to say that. He shouldn't have to wait around week to week and wonder if his main target is going to stay out of trouble. I'd hope that Marshall understands Cutler's frustration and starts to become a team first player. Marshall should know by now that he is skating on thin ice, so I don't think he should have a problem with this comment.

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
That is great leadership by Cutler... Normally I would question going to the media about in house problems... but I think Cutler has tried before to keep things from the media while he works it out behind the scenes and it obviously didn't work... maybe calling him out in public eyes will get Marshall's attention.

nevcraw
04-01-2008, 02:43 PM
How Marshall reacts will tell all about him. If he is trully determined to become a team player and a superstar he will use this slap as a tool to keep himself from ever dissapointing him team again. Or - he will go the TO, Javon route and start his team to team bouncing here in Denver without ever fully realizing his true potential. All up to him at this point..
Good for Cutler.

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 02:45 PM
How Marshall reacts will tell all about him. If he is trully determined to become a team player and a superstar he will use this slap as a tool to keep himself from ever dissapointing him team again. Or - he will go the TO, Javon route and start his team to team bouncing here in Denver without ever fully realizing his true potential. All up to him at this point..
Good for Cutler.

Rather it happen now than later.... Right now Marshall is cheap and would be super easy to trade.... If he continues to be a problem and we have him locked up to a big contract we would have another Walker situation on our hands.

HolyDiver
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
That is great leadership by Cutler... Normally I would question going to the media about in house problems... but I think Cutler has tried before to keep things from the media while he works it out behind the scenes and it obviously didn't work... maybe calling him out in public eyes will get Marshall's attention.

I would do the same thing, not having problems with confrontations. I think Cutler is doing this, knowing it may piss off Marshall, but he knows Cutler speaks from the heart and only wants whats best for them both, and the entire team.

underrated29
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
JAY IS the man. All he wants to do is work. I Freaking LOVE IT!.

Being that they are pretty close i think brandon will say hey man, my bad. I effed up, and let you down. I know i can party later. So lets get together and dominate the league next year. You me and scheff- we gotta lead this team to big dance.

WARHORSE
04-01-2008, 03:05 PM
http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=football&cdn=sports&tm=5&gps=92_101_1020_563&f=22&tt=14&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//denverbroncos.com/

Nice interview. He looks thinner in the face, Im wondering if hes become a little more lean. I hope he hasnt dropped weight.

He discusses Brandon alot, and said he told him that he wont be here if he continues to mess up.

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
I still would be shocked if Marshall doesn't miss time this season do to his injury. It would be remarkable if he makes it back in 4 months.

nevcraw
04-01-2008, 03:14 PM
The interview on http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8771219 was what I had hoped.

Jay in a very cool way saying like it is. Not very confrontational at all. I would not call that "ripping" anyway any how.. Just the facts of his situation. Keep it up and you'll be gone because they won't put up with it.
Friends can still use tough love..

I am becoming more and more impressed w/ Cutler. He has the makings of a champion. Will be fun to watch him work to get there..

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Funny how we have a problem with a wide out... like many teams do and Cutler the QB uses leadership to address the problem yet the Chargers have a QB that acts like Marshall.

Retired_Member_001
04-01-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm happy Cutler is taking the lead here. If Marshall comes out and takes this badly, I think it could well be the end for Marshall here. If Marshall acts well to this, he has earned some respect.

HolyDiver
04-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm happy Cutler is taking the lead here. If Marshall comes out and takes this badly, I think it could well be the end for Marshall here. If Marshall acts well to this, he has earned some respect.

Hey, I've talked crap about 9798 and cswil alot, mostly in the BroncosFreak.............Then, I went to Missouri to have the 2nd annual BroncosFreak gathering at 9'ers house................so what Cutler said.............probably not that big of a deal really.

Retired_Member_001
04-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Hey, I've talked crap about 9798 and cswil alot, mostly in the BroncosFreak.............Then, I went to Missouri to have the 2nd annual BroncosFreak gathering at 9'ers house................so what Cutler said.............probably not that big of a deal really.

Yeah but the kind of person I think Marshall is ( a stupid, stubborn egomaniac) could easily take this sort of thing the wrong way. It's something TO would do.

HolyDiver
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah but the kind of person I think Marshall is ( a stupid, stubborn egomaniac) could easily take this sort of thing the wrong way. It's something TO would do.

Actually, I think Marshall sees he needs to make changes.............unlike T.O.

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Actually, I think Marshall sees he needs to make changes.............unlike T.O.

He already came out and said he understands he needs to get his act together. We as Broncos fans are just going to have to wait and see if he can prove it instead of just saying it.

Retired_Member_001
04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
He already came out and said he understands he needs to get his act together. We as Broncos fans are just going to have to wait and see if he can prove it instead of just saying it.

We will have to wait and see as you said. I for one am not too optimistic about Marshall attitude.

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Marshall is 24 years old and has some growing up to do. I blame it on the hip hop

HolyDiver
04-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Marshall is 24 years old and has some growing up to do. I blame it on the hip hop

And sugary cereals................Give the guy some Dio, and some shredded wheat, and none of this would have happened.

BOSSHOGG30
04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Cutler should invite Marshall over and they can watch some Bill Cosby together.

dogfish
04-01-2008, 03:50 PM

don't forget global warming and aliens. . . .

honz
04-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Cutler is a stud and is becoming a real leader. The Bronco's future is in good hands. Now Brandon needs to learn a thing or two about maturity from his QB and get his act together. They could potentially be a deadly duo for the next 10 years if they stay healthy.

WARHORSE
04-01-2008, 04:24 PM

You actually WENT to Missouri?:shocked:

Braver than I thought Holyman.:D

WARHORSE
04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
And sugary cereals................Give the guy some Dio, and some shredded wheat, and none of this would have happened.

He needs more fiber in his diet methinks.

Not sure DIO would do it. Theres always the chance he could go into shock. No sense takin the chance. Lets open him up with

something a little more mild. How about a dose of Billy Thorpe, then a vial of Aerosmith, http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/dontstopmenow.gif

on to some Pink Floyd, couple a CCs of Ozzy, then some AC/DC perhaps, followed by some Iron Maiden, and then Motorhead.

Then the DIO would kick him into high gear.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/headbanger.gif

shank
04-01-2008, 04:34 PM
from everything i've seen in the way the two interact, i wouldn't be surprised if jay said this in jest, but it's still an effective way to get those thoughts out there without being an ass.

they seem close, and i think that marshall will take jay's words as advice, and not as an insult.

i kinda wish jay had layed into brandon and said he wanted him to be cut and stuff. i mean, look at the date. that would have set this place ablaze man...

claymore
04-01-2008, 04:40 PM
If Marshall makes a stink fine. I would rather get it over now when he has trade value and a low contract.

roomemp
04-01-2008, 04:53 PM
This is fantastic. This is basically Cutler saying, "I am the leader and I want to win now. If we are not on the same page........GET OUT" Cutler is a true leader and that is a good sight for us Bronco fan.

BroncoJoe
04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Here's a bit more on it from FoxSports:

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Jay Cutler has had it with all the drama and headlines surrounding top target Brandon Marshall.

In his first offseason interview, one sprinkled with unusually blunt criticism, the Denver Broncos quarterback called out his No. 1 receiver and fellow third-year star who suffered a gash on his right forearm while horsing around last month.

"Yeah, he's not my favorite person right now," Cutler said. "I mean, I support him, but it's always something with him right now."

With Jeremy Bates taking over the Broncos' passing game, Cutler said Tuesday that it was imperative for Marshall to participate in all the offseason workouts, but he won't be back in action until training camp.

"We're going to be fine. I'm not that overly concerned about it, but it just would be nice coming into our third year, coming off a big year he had last year, for him to get more work done and get more time in and just a little more trust out there," Cutler said. "But it's going to take some time now, maybe training camp, maybe even longer."

Marshall, who emerged as Cutler's primary target during a breakout 2007 season, said he was horsing around with his older brother at a resort in Orlando, Fla., when he fell into a television set, cutting an artery, a vein, a nerve, two tendons and three muscles in his right arm.

Marshall has found himself in the news a lot lately. He faces a DUI charge stemming from an October incident and had a spat with his girlfriend last year that landed him in court. And he was partying with Darrent Williams the night the cornerback was slain in a drive-by shooting on Jan. 1, 2006. Former teammate Javon Walker said Marshall sprayed champagne on some bar patrons, sparking a confrontation that preceded the shooting, which remains unsolved.

"I've talked to him many times. I think a lot of people have. ... He knows he's running out of chances," Cutler said. "This wasn't like his DUI and other stuff he's had. It was an accident, but still, things like that can't happen. He knows it.

"But like I told him, I said, 'Brandon, they're going to quit giving you chances and you're going to have to go somewhere else. And that's going to be a shame."'

Marshall said last week that he realizes he has to grow up and that his freak injury was a wakeup call.

"His DUI was a wakeup call," Cutler retorted. "He's had many wakeup calls. I mean, he's been in (coach Mike) Shanahan's office many times. I've been up there with him. He said the same thing: 'This is a wakeup call. This is the last thing that's going to happen. Blah blah blah.' I mean, until he goes out and proves it, we'll see what happens."

Cutler wants to have trust in his No. 1 receiver.

"I love Brandon to death and he's a great kid at heart. I don't think he goes out there looking for trouble. He's not at bars late. He's not doing those things that other people do. It's just something about him. He's always into something," Cutler said. "Like I told him, 'I haven't lost faith in you. I'll still support you. But ... you're going to have to prove yourself this time."'

Marshall, a fourth-round draft choice in 2006 out of Central Florida, blossomed into the Broncos' best receiver last year, facilitating the recent release of Walker, who was replaced by free agent Keary Colbert.

Cutler isn't losing any sleep over the departure of the oft-injured and often cranky Walker, who signed t with the rival Oakland Raiders.

"Javon's a great receiver, but Javon he likes the spotlight and he likes the ball coming to him a lot," Cutler said. "With Brandon and him out there it would be tough. You've got to have a No. 1 guy you want to go to. I think Brandon was going to be my guy. I don't know if Javon was going to be OK with 40, 50, 60 balls."

The free agent departure Cutler is fretting over is the loss of 15-year veteran kicker Jason Elam, who had four game-winning field goals last season and who signed with Atlanta for $3.3 million guaranteed money in 2008, nearly $1 million more than the cost-conscious Broncos were offering.

"I have a little worry about that," Cutler said. "I mean, one of the best clutch kickers in the game. Been here for that long. I was surprised to see we let him go."

Another concern for Cutler is left tackle, where Chris Kuper will get first crack at replacing the retired Matt Lepsis, who protected Cutler's blind side.

"It's a big position for me," Cutler said.

claymore
04-01-2008, 05:19 PM
I like this part the best.

"His DUI was a wakeup call," Cutler retorted. "He's had many wakeup calls. I mean, he's been in (coach Mike) Shanahan's office many times. I've been up there with him. He said the same thing: 'This is a wakeup call. This is the last thing that's going to happen. Blah blah blah.' I mean, until he goes out and proves it, we'll see what happens."

shank
04-01-2008, 05:27 PM
i take back my suspision of jest.

he's straight up calling brandon out, and i hope with how close they seem, that it really hits marshall hard.

silkamilkamonico
04-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Cutler is certailnly right about one thing.

There's always something wrong, and I'm relating that with the organization.

Could the Bronco organization be spiraling downhill right before our very eyes? It's possible.

jrelway
04-01-2008, 06:22 PM
i think marshall will realize what time it is. grow up or get out. one thing i found interesting was cutler talking about elam..we better treat our veterans and players better or our current players will start to wonder how expendable they are.

MHCBill
04-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Everybody is expendable in today's NFL...

Bronco9798
04-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Cutler is certailnly right about one thing.

There's always something wrong, and I'm relating that with the organization.

Could the Bronco organization be spiraling downhill right before our very eyes? It's possible.

Losing breeds this stuff. When we start winning and getting back to the playoffs, it will spiral the other way with positive stuff! Nature of the beast.

Scarface
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Another concern for Cutler is left tackle, where Chris Kuper will get first crack at replacing the retired Matt Lepsis, who protected Cutler's blind side.

"It's a big position for me," Cutler said.

I'm sure he's lobbied for his boy more than a few times.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/533863.jpg

Rex
04-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I would do the same thing, not having problems with confrontations. I think Cutler is doing this, knowing it may piss off Marshall, but he knows Cutler speaks from the heart and only wants whats best for them both, and the entire team.

I got nipples. Can you milk me Focker?

Psychotron
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm glad Cutler pulled no punches talking about Marshall. It's a bit ridiculous with this kid.

Relating to everyone's comment about the team as an organization: I have been a Broncos fan since 1990 when I came to the US, but truthfully, this is the 1st offseason I ever recalled being so disillusioned with the team. It's like there is so much supposed talent and yet I don't see it coming together. I'm sure I'll get a bit more excited after summer.

broncohead
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is blown out of proportion. THIS incedent isn't that big of a deal other than it sets him back because of injury.

Stargazer
04-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Broncos QB Jay Cutler is unhappy with injured WR Brandon Marshall.

"Yeah, he's not my favorite person right now. I mean, I support him, but it's always something with him right now. You can't have that," Cutler said. He is apparently frustrated because the team has a new quarterbacks and receivers coach in Jeremy Bates, and Cutler wanted to work on new formations and plays during the offseason.
Source: USA Today
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/2008-04-01-cutler-marshall_N.htm?csp=34

Am I the only person who thinks Cutler & BMarsh had discussed this before Cutler decided to open up to the media regarding Brandon? They have been practicing together down in ATL. Been around each other every day. I highly doubt this comment on BMarsh came out of nowhere. I'm sure BMarsh already knew what Cutler was going to say to the media.

honz
04-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Am I the only person who thinks Cutler & BMarsh had discussed this before Cutler decided to open up to the media regarding Brandon? They have been practicing together down in ATL. Been around each other every day. I highly doubt this comment on BMarsh came out of nowhere. I'm sure BMarsh already knew what Cutler was going to say to the media.
I agree.

Lonestar
04-02-2008, 01:48 AM

He said in the interview press conference he had told Marshall he was NOT happy, he said that this type of stuff just was not allowed at this level.. Not from someone that the club depended upon so heavily..

YES I think he had talked with him, but I also think Jay went into an area that did not need to be in the public view..

HE IMO committed a big NO NO going public.. The only way he should have was with him there to talk about it.. And that would have to be rehearsed before hand.. AGAIN IMO

shank
04-02-2008, 01:53 AM
He said in the interview press conference he had told Marshall he was NOT happy, he said that this type of stuff just was not allowed at this level.. Not from someone that the club depended upon so heavily..

YES I think he had talked with him, but I also think Jay went into an area that did not need to be in the public view..

HE IMO committed a big NO NO going public.. The only way he should have was with him there to talk about it.. And that would have to be rehearsed before hand.. AGAIN IMO

i wouldn't say that he committed a no no, and i hope that this works out the way jay intended. he didn't say anything out of line, but he did speak very frankly to the media about a teammate, which can cause some bad blood.

i really hope that brandon takes it for exactly what it is; a request from cutler, who like you said depends on brandon heavily, for marshall to clean up his act for the sake of cutler, the broncos, and himself.

i really hope this causes no form or even substantial amount of contempt by brandon for culter, because that's definitely not what jay was intending with his comments.

broncophan
04-02-2008, 05:30 AM
It's good to see Cutler say this.....as, whether he is young or not......he nedds to step up and be a leader....on the field......and in situations like this.

claymore
04-02-2008, 06:56 AM
More of what we saw yesterday.........

Marshall in Cutler's doghouse after mishap
By Anthony Cotton
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/02/2008 12:56:01 AM MDT

Brandon Marshall (15) was a top target for Jay Cutler, top left, last year, when he had 102 receptions for 1,325 yards. Perhaps it's the sensation of looking around the locker room and realizing "I didn't know the names of half the people in there."

Perhaps it was a sense of frustration at the absence of a teammate at a time when important work needs to get done.

Whatever the rationale, Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler has seemingly decided to take control of his team. On Tuesday, the Broncos quarterback spoke at length on a number of topics, most pointedly wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who will be out until at least the start of training camp following recent surgery to his right arm after sustaining multiple injuries during a horseplay incident with his brother.

"He's not my favorite person right now," Cutler said. "I support him, but it's always something with him right now and you can't have that. It's disappointing. We wanted to get a lot of work in this summer and he was going to be a big part of that, but now it's up in the air when he's going to come back."

Marshall's injury was the latest in a string of misfortunes to befall the third-year player. Cutler said he empathized with his teammate but couldn't help but be dismayed with Marshall's latest setback.

"I've talked with him many times," Cutler said. "A lot of people have. I've probably talked with him more than most people. He knows he's running out of chances. This wasn't like his DUI or other stuff he's had. It was an accident, but still, stuff like that can't happen.

"He knows it and hopefully it's his last, but it's like I told him, 'They're going to quit giving you chances around here.' Hopefully this is the last thing we're going to hear about him for a while."

Cutler threw for 3,497 yards and 20 touchdowns last season. Marshall was his most productive receiver, making 102 catches for 1,325 yards and seven scores. During the offseason, the duo, along with tight end Tony Scheffler, worked out in Atlanta. The sessions were important, Cutler said, because it helped forge bonds that would

carry over into the 2008 season.
"It's a trust issue — if you don't have trust in the guy next to you, you're probably not going to win a lot of ballgames," he said. "That's been a problem around here. We've had some guys who you didn't know if they would go out there and do the job."

Although he singled out Marshall, virtually no aspect of the current state of the Broncos was off-limits to Cutler, who said he embraced the idea of taking charge.

"This year, the third year, it's definitely time," Cutler said. "As the quarterback of this team and the leader of the offense I think I should go ahead and take that next step."

Cutler even felt emboldened enough to make light of Broncos owner Pat Bowlen's recent cry of poverty, NFL style, joking that he had to go out and purchase his own helmet a couple of days ago.

Although the team hasn't been a big player in the free-agent market this offseason, Cutler said he had faith the Broncos would be competitive.

"I think we still need some weapons, but that's not my job. I'm the quarterback and I get the ball and try and get us some touchdowns," Cutler said.

The quarterback wasn't happy that the Broncos failed to re-sign veteran kicker Jason Elam.

"I am a little worried about that," he said. "He's one of the best clutch kickers in the game. Having been here for that long, I was surprised to see them let him go."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8771219

Our boy is growin up..........

Watchthemiddle
04-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Agree 100%.

A QB that hasn't even started 2 full seasons in this NFL is in no place to publicaly call out teamates. Behind doors, go for it.

He is not Farve that can call out Javon Walker.

He is not Elway that can call out Anthony Miller.

Someone like Rod or Champ calling out Marshall, I am okay with.

Brandon Marshall has shown some immaturity, and this too me is immature on Cutler's part.

MHCBill
04-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Agree 100%.

A QB that hasn't even started 2 full seasons in this NFL is in no place to publicaly call out teamates. Behind doors, go for it.

Brandon Marshall has shown some immaturity, and this too me is immature on Cutler's part.Couldn't disagree more... some folks get it and some don't. Your age and your experience really don't matter in some instances.

BroncoJoe
04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Agree 100%.

Brandon Marshall has shown some immaturity, and this too me is immature on Cutler's part.

BS. It's Cutler's team. Anyone interfering with his goals should be called out. I :salute: him.

Bronco9798
04-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Agree 100%.

I somewhat agree. I thought about this and thought this should of been talked about behind closed doors with the two. You never take it public. I think it should of handled private. Marshall needs support in a different way, not in the media.

I do like that Cutler showed a little veteran leadership but show it on the field, in practice, and in meetings. Take the personal stuff to the guy and keep it private.

It can work great or it can totally back fire and you can have year long dissension over something like this. It concerns me a little bit. You could be seeing a great relation develop or you see see a total back fire created from this. Just my opinion......

BroncoBJ
04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Did he kill anyone? :coffee:

I don't see anything wrong with what Jay did. He didn't completely bash him and throw him under the bus. He basically said what everyone else thinks. That Marshall is running out of chances and he needs to start behaving. How many people actually disagree with that?

Him and Brandon are still great friends. Its not like Marshall slept with Jays girl or something. By the time the season rolls around I'm sure most people will forget about Jays comments.

broncosfanscott
04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Agree 100%.

I disagree. You don't have to be the likes of Elway, Favre, or any other Pro Bowl/HOFer to speak your mind about your own team. I mean he is our QB.

I am glad to see that Cutler is taking more of a leadership role on this team and I understand his frustrations with all the incidents that Marshall has been through. The injury, if wrestling was the real reason, was an unfortunate accident and not a run-in with the law.

I agree with Stargazer on the fact that they probably have talked about this before Jay's conference because he even said they went to a basketball game together after the injury.

TXBRONC
04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
So Elway or Farve call out a player it's not immature but because Cutler did it's inmature? That's a double standard that I don't agree with.

honz
04-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Okay...so Cutler and Marshall have obviously talked about this prior to Jay's interview. Then Cutler just told the truth when he was asked a question about Marshall...I mean did anyone actually think that Cutler would be happy that his best WR keeps getting in trouble. I don't see what the big deal is. This whole thin is blown out of proportion. The media really took this one and ran when all Cutler is trying to do is be a leader...which his teammates asked him to do last year. What's the problem again?

BeefStew25
04-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Cutler is cutting his teeth on this leadership thing. The best and worst part about it is that he now has to hold up his end of the bargain.

Marshall is close to being an idiot.

WARHORSE
04-03-2008, 12:33 AM

Well they already tried the behind closed doors approach, and it doesnt seem to be working.

If Brandon doesnt like what was said at this point, then he has yet to understand his responsibility in this. The fact of the matter is, it took some work on Brandons part to get to this point.....and that work isnt the good kind.

If Brandon approaches Cutler, I would tell him one thing to his face: "Brandon, when we go before the press, what kind of questions to want to be anwering? Me personally, I want to be answering questions about our winning, beating the snot out of other teams, or at the least, what we're doing in order to beat the crap out of our next opponent. Instead, Im spending half my press conference answering questions about when youre gonna grow up. If you dont want me answering those questions, or any of our other teamates for that matter, then stop giving them crap like this to talk about. Dont come in here huffing at me because you think I should spend the whole time going, 'No comment.........No comment'. I support you, but youre the one who put us ALL in this predicament, by repeated off the field offenses. We should be working on our game, instead, Im over here talking about your off the field crap. I wanna be talkin about one thing on the podium........winning. Lets put this behind us, and start focusing on that."

And if he dont hear that?

Kiss my butt.:coffee:

silkamilkamonico
04-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Awesome.

I'm actually beginning to think my favorite football organization is run by an immature QB, and an idiot WR.

No wonder why I haven't thought twice about what's actually going to happen in the draft.

jrelway
04-03-2008, 01:48 PM
no one should call out a teammate in public. you know the media is gonna bend this way out of shape. if brandon marshall put cutler or the team down, then i would understand. this definatley should of been done behind closed doors at dove valley. that would of been the end of that.. i just hope i dont log on one day and find articles that read..."marshall fires back at cutler", or "qb and wr relationship in dissaray"...its gonna mess our draft selections up.

LRtagger
04-03-2008, 01:59 PM
here's a bit more

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/apr/01/cutler-tiring-marshalls--field-woes/

Cutler not easy on Marshall
Broncos QB says receiver's off-field troubles must end
By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
PollWas Jay Cutler right for calling out Brandon Marshall?

Quarterback Jay Cutler tackled a variety of topics candidly, something he hinted is part of him growing into more of a team leader. Jay Cutler on Tuesday offered embattled Broncos teammate Brandon Marshall a place to crash.

It wasn't through a television set, wise guy.

At this juncture, the Broncos quarterback is willing to open his personal bed and breakfast at his home for Marshall if it will keep his favorite target walking the straight and narrow and away from McDonald's and other baggage.

"I support him and stuff, but it's always something with him right now," Cutler told a small media contingent at Dove Valley in a wide-ranging, surprisingly candid interview. "Going into his third year, coming off a big year last year, it's disappointing."

An accident at a Florida resort left Marshall with substantial damage to his right forearm and will keep him out entirely for six weeks and at less than 100 percent health through at least training camp.

It will put a crimp in plans to have Cutler and his No. 1 target working together extensively leading to two-a-day practices.

That can be overcome, Cutler said.

It's Marshall's overall pattern that's troubling.

Cutler consistently mentioned his friendship with Marshall. In fact, the pair spent about six weeks together in Atlanta working out earlier during the offseason. But talks about responsibility he and other teammates have had with the receiver essentially have "fallen on deaf ears," Cutler said.

The third-year quarterback admitted about Marshall, only half- joking, that "He's not my favorite person right now."

"This wasn't like his DUI and other stuff he's had. It was an accident. But, still, stuff like this can't happen," Cutler said. "Hopefully, this is the last."

Marshall last week said the collision with the TV, caused by horseplay with his brother, Fred, and subsequent surgery was "a wake-up call."

Cutler was having none of it.

"I mean, a DUI is a wake-up call. He's had many wake-up calls," Cutler said. "He's been in (coach Mike) Shanahan's office many times. I've been up there with him and he's said the same thing, 'It's a wake-up call, a lot of things are going to happen.' Blah, blah, blah. Until he goes out and proves it, we'll see what happens."

Cutler's outspoken nature was somewhat shocking, but he hinted it was part of taking on a bigger leadership role as a third-year player. He was just as forthcoming when it came to other topics affecting the Broncos.

Among them:

* The loss of receiver Javon Walker. Cutler wished him well in Oakland but didn't believe Walker and Marshall could have coexisted within the offense given Walker's love of the spotlight. "You've got to have a No. 1 guy you want to go to. . . . I think Brandon would be my guy and I don't know if Javon would be OK with 40, 50, 60 balls."

* The Broncos' fiscal restraint this offseason. Prodded by a reporter, he joked he had to go to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy a helmet. But on a serious note, Cutler said he wasn't overly concerned. He said the team always finds a way to supplement the roster. "I'm excited. Obviously, we lost some key players, but Mike's going to go out and get the best possible team he can. . . . We've added a lot on defense so far. I don't know if the draft's going to be offense."

* Left tackle, which currently features two untested players at that spot in the pros in Chris Kuper and Ryan Harris. "It's a big position for me," Cutler joked of his blind-side protection. He thinks there's a chance the Broncos can pick up a prospect high in the draft but expressed confidence in the holdovers.

* The adjustment to passing- game coordinator Jeremy Bates, who will take over many of the duties Mike Heimerdinger used to handle before his exit. "He's a grinder," Cutler said. "He's in here all the time. He's innovative. He's going to put some new stuff out there and we're going to find some ways to get guys the ball other than we did last year."

* The unsettled kicking game with Jason Elam gone. "I'm a little worried about that," he said. Cutler couldn't name Matt Prater, the current kicking favorite. "I don't know half the people in the locker room. . . . I think everybody needs to wear some nameplates for a little while."

Cutler is one of the most recognizable of the holdovers, surely.

He soon will break down his 2007 performance with Bates. And the plan in the short term is to throw often to receivers during the offseason to get acclimated to one another. Overall improvement, he said, is rooted in across- the-board improvement offensively, from the line and, especially, himself.

Cutler completed 297-of-467 passes for 3,497 yards last season with 20 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

"As the quarterback of this team and leader of this offense," he said, "it's time to take the next step."

Subscribe to the Rocky Mountain News

GEM
04-03-2008, 02:02 PM
He's really done what everyone has been asking. We complain that we don't see a fire in him, we don't that "thing". Well if this doesn't show who's team it is, I don't know what will.

Hey, somebody at some point needed to do it. I'm happy that it was our 2nd yr QB taking it on. It's on Brandon what it does to him. He either takes it in stride and shuts Cutler up....or he proves Cutler was right. It's on him, not Cutler.

jrelway
04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
show the fire in games, show it in practice, show it behind closed doors and not to the media..cutler should of pulled marshall aside, and had a long talk with him..if he has already done that, then he should of told the media, "we had a long talk and brandon understands and will try to improve."

either way, i just dont want no bad blood between the 2 players..their all we really have on offense.

honz
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
show the fire in games, show it in practice, show it behind closed doors and not to the media..cutler should of pulled marshall aside, and had a long talk with him..if he has already done that, then he should of told the media, "we had a long talk and brandon understands and will try to improve."

either way, i just dont want no bad blood between the 2 players..their all we really have on offense.
If Marshall can't take the criticism and wants to get all pissy about it, do we really want a guy like that on our team? Marshall has no right to get mad about any criticisms that come his way...he put himself in this position.

jrelway
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
If Marshall can't take the criticism and wants to get all pissy about it, do we really want a guy like that on our team? Marshall has no right to get mad about any criticisms that come his way...he put himself in this position.

maybe he can, maybe he cant..but criticism should of been dealt out behind closed doors..very simple. you always keep it "inhouse". no?

honz
04-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Meh. Is Cutler supposed to be pleased with Marshall's continual "mishaps"? Everyone knew that anyone that is affiliated with the Broncos would not be pleased with Marshall having to miss 4 months...Cutler just said it. Good for him.

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2008, 03:03 PM
maybe he can, maybe he cant..but criticism should of been dealt out behind closed doors..very simple. you always keep it "inhouse". no?
Maybe so, first, second, or even third time...............

If that doesn't work, than maybe more drastic (and public) action is required.

omac
04-03-2008, 09:41 PM
The rmn article was the much better one.

While the DenverPost just wrote

"He's not my favorite person right now," Cutler said.

rmn wrote
The third-year quarterback admitted about Marshall, only half- joking, that "He's not my favorite person right now."

It's subtle ommissions like that, the way something was said, etc. that can make a huge difference in what and how things were said. The Post wrote it that way because they wanted a story that screamed "Marshall in Cutler's doghouse", and USAToday wanted something that shouted "Cutler rips troubled WR Brandon Marshall", while RMN's story wasn't as colorful, simply titling it "Cutler not easy on Marshall", and maybe that's really how the interview went. :confused:

Lonestar
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Maybe so, first, second, or even third time...............

If that doesn't work, than maybe more drastic (and public) action is required.

What does public action accomplish NADA it just places him between rock and hard spot..

How would you feel if you did a boned headed thing and your buddy called you out on TV and in the press.

As much as he deserved to get reamed this is something you do not do on TV..

IMHO

BeefStew25
04-03-2008, 11:22 PM
What does public action accomplish NADA it just places him between rock and hard spot..

How would you feel if you did a boned headed thing and your buddy called you out on TV and in the press.

As much as he deserved to get reamed this is something you do not do on TV..

IMHO

How about 4 bone headed things? Marshall and Cutty spent a summer togther. They know they score.

Lonestar
04-04-2008, 01:24 AM
How about 4 bone headed things? Marshall and Cutty spent a summer together. They know they score.

Do you really believe that Marshall is mature enough not to let this into his head?

Watchthemiddle
04-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Behind closed doors is always best.

Cutler could have answered this question with " I have already talked with B-Marsh in private and I don't wish to discuss it with you guys"

Thats leadership.

:coffee:

Lonestar
04-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Behind closed doors is always best.

Cutler could have answered this question with " I have already talked with B-Marsh in private and I don't wish to discuss it with you guys"

Thats leadership.

Good post

When you get older you realize in your face is not always the answer..

Superchop 7
04-04-2008, 07:36 AM
The standard was set by Rod Smith.

He didn't mention anyone by name.

He said that he was pissed at some teamates.

If a coach wants to know who.....he will be happy to give them names.

BeefStew25
04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Do you really believe that Marshall is mature enough not to let this into his head?

If Marshall is that fragile, we have bigger issues. Dude is an idiot. Cutty was saying either get on board or head out...I agree with him.

He didn't say anything that we didn't already know.

tubby
04-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Nothing wrong with a little tough love.

NightTrainLayne
04-04-2008, 09:32 AM

If Marshall isn't mature enough to handle this. Then adios. This is the 4th or 5th time he's made a bad decision.

According to the story Cutler said he's been in Shanny's office upstairs many times.

If talking in Shanny's office isn't having an effect, then I have no problem with Cutler saying what he did.

And let's get it straight. He really didn't say that much. Just that it was always something with Marshall, and that those types of things just can't happen.

If Marshall can't handle this, then it's good to find out now, rather than when he's cashing the big checks in 3-5 years. He's making more than enough money to deal with some criticism when he's been charged with assault/battery, DUI, and put his livelihood on the line with this latest mis-hap.

Let's not forget that this is the guy who couldn't get his ass off of the training bike and back onto the field last training camp until Shanahan basically dragged him out. He ignored Rod Smith's prodding while working out with him every day.

Behind the scenes doesn't always work. If you're not listening to Rod Smith, Champ Bailey and Shanahan, then obviously behind-the-scenes isn't working.

We shouldn't be held hostage by ANYONE. If he isn't mature enough to deal with this, then I'd rather he be someone else's problem.

Edit: Of course, I am not assuming automatically that Brandon can't deal with this. I sincerely hope that he pays attention to this, and applies himself to improving. He can do it. I am not one to automatically assume the worst. This is a good test for Brandon. His response will say a lot about his true character. To his credit we haven't heard a negative response from him.

MHCBill
04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
We only hear about the bad, but stop and consider the hundreds of NFL players that make decisions all the time to not do things that may get them in trouble.

It is something to think about...

Watchthemiddle
04-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Too many times we have seen throughout sports that calling out a teammate in public backfires.

Nothing good rarely comes out of it.

I hope this works. I would have preferred the "leader" done things differently.

Don't be surprised if Marsh lives up to the early nickname he once got..."Baby T.O."

QB's vs WR's in the media usually turn out bad and from what we have seen first hand from Marshall so far in his short NFL career, he might not be able to handle this the right way. Like I said, I hope he does and this worked.

If this was Payton Manning, many of you would be calling him a bad teammate and cry baby. Need I bring up the time he called his O-line under the bus and got chastized for it.

BroncoJoe
04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I'd be very surprised if Cutler and Marshall didn't talk before this news conference. An idiot would know the question would be asked, and I'm sure Cutler told Brandon he was going to speak openly.

Dude hasn't listened to the "elder statemen" with the Broncos. It's good, IMO, someone from his generation is calling him out. Public or otherwise.

NightTrainLayne
04-04-2008, 01:08 PM
If this was Payton Manning, many of you would be calling him a bad teammate and cry baby. Need I bring up the time he called his O-line under the bus and got chastized for it.

Obviously, you feel differently, but I think Peyton's actions after a big loss, with a rare poor performance from his O-line a little bit different than Cutler reacting to multiple run-ins from Marshall. When you are talking about the game, the TEAM wins and loses together on the field. That's why Peyton's comments were derided by some. When individuals are out on their own and having problems that's a different story.

The other side of that is that Manning's O-line sucked it up and acted like adults about it. Let's give Marshall the benefit of the doubt here that he will do the same. He hasn't made anything of it yet, and so it is really a non-issue to me.

BeefStew25
04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I would like to congratulate the NFL players that have not broken th law.

Congrats on doing what is expected of a normal human. Keep up the good job.

BeefStew25
04-04-2008, 01:11 PM
NTL, you have been making sense lately. Especially for an insurance guy.

claymore
04-04-2008, 01:12 PM
We only hear about the bad, but stop and consider the hundreds of NFL players that make decisions all the time to not do things that may get them in trouble.

It is something to think about...Stalker. :D

OB
04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Who the hell is drill n fill :confused:

And just cause someone stays home doesnt mean they arent breaking some kind of law ;)

Props to the guys who know how to keep things on the DL or just behave :beer:

NightTrainLayne
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
NTL, you have been making sense lately. Especially for an insurance guy.

I actually helped a customer get a claim settled, and adjusted another's policy to save them some money. . .I think I need help. :D

Escobar
04-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I would like to congratulate the NFL players that have not broken th law.

Congrats on doing what is expected of a normal human. Keep up the good job.

its really hard NOT to break the corrupted law

BeefStew25
04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
its really hard NOT to break the corrupted law

Like not driving drunk, or not having an expired license? Someday you are going to need law enforcement, and they are going to help you regardless of how you feel about them.

Of course, seeing how Cleveland only graduates 33% of high schoolers, you fit right in. Sound out the big words.

Rex
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Beef, this in not the Beef show............

that gives me an idea.

NightTrainLayne
04-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Who the hell is drill n fill :confused:

What are you? Some Anti-Dentite?

Drill-n-fill is a dentist. . .I think.

LRtagger
04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
wait wasnt he at home when he cut his arm

we should probably just lock him in a closet with some weights until the season starts....

wait, no...he could get hurt working out...well i mean at least we can let the guy have a phone in the closet (no tv's obviously)

wait, no...he might get brain tumors if he has a cordless phone. I would suggest a corded phone, but then there is the risk of him tripping over the cord and tearing an ACL.

I guess we should just trade him and let someone else worry about what appliances he can and cannot use. :elefant:

LRtagger
04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I also heard that BMarsh just signed a lucrative deal with Sony as the spokesperson for their up and coming line of impact resistant television screens

Drill-N-Fill
04-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Its like that Chris Rock joke when he's talking about his friend and his friend says, "Well..I'm not in Jail." And Chris says, Your SUPPOSED to be not in jail you dumb mother..."

Another 2 years...and I'll be a tooth carpenter. But its gets hard when your on the Broncos message board during lecture! :mad:

weazel
04-04-2008, 05:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3329102

DENVER -- Brandon Marshall must choose a lane.

Marshall, he of the famed McDonald's bag slip (really?), either will become one of the NFL's most dominant offensive weapons or he'll be the league's next, complex wide receiver. He'll be acclaimed for his immense talent or derided for his off-field antics.

Either way, the third-year Denver Broncos player will become a household NFL name.

The Broncos' best chance for renewed success is the pairing of quarterback Jay Cutler and Marshall, a pass-catch pair that came into the league together two Aprils ago. Cutler knows Marshall is an integral part of his legacy, and perhaps that's why, in his first significant sign of being the team's longtime leader, the quarterback blasted Marshall for the receiver's latest embarrassing episode.

Cutler punctuated the lashing by saying that Marshall "isn't his favorite person right now."

Not everyone in Denver is as frank about Marshall's situation, but they all know Marshall's future is correlated to the team's future.

"Brandon has to look himself in the mirror and realize how special he can be," Denver owner Pat Bowlen said. "We believe in him and think he'll be fine."

Yet, Marshall has to prove it. He has to show he can be fine.

There's no question the 2006 fourth-round pick from Central Florida is secure on the field. Marshall, who turned 24 on Easter Sunday, burst onto the NFL scene last season and quickly became one of the fiercest weapons in the league as he caught a startling 102 catches in his first full season. Marshall joined Isaac Bruce (119) and Larry Fitzgerald (103) as second-year players to catch 100 balls.

[+] EnlargeAP Photo/David Zalubowski

Jay Cutler (6) and Brandon Marshall (15) could be the foundation of the Broncos' offense for years to come.

At 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, Marshall makes Terrell Owens feel like he needs a few body-sculpting classes. Already, there isn't a nastier receiver in the league than Marshall with the ball in his hands. Being the first defender to face Marshall is an impossible task. He is a yardage-after-the-catch monster. Marshall breaks tackles like Floyd Mayweather Jr. breaks noses. It happens all the time.

Again, on the field, Marshall is aces. How long will he allow himself to be? Marshall must stop the scary, long list of off-field missteps before he fully allows himself to become a true NFL superstar.

With two years remaining on Marshall's contract, it is fully expected that the Broncos and his agent, Fletcher Smith, will sit down and talk about a lengthy, lucrative deal in the spring of 2009. Marshall has two more years on his contract and he is the type of a franchise player that teams don't hesitate to re-sign. He's a once-a-generation player.

Yet the Broncos have plenty of reason to pause. Can they trust Marshall will give himself a chance to make a run at a Hall of Fame career?

They hope so.

"He's a great player, we all know that," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said. "He knows he has some things to work on, and we are confident he will."

Inside the doors of the Broncos' facility, Marshall's future is a much-discussed subject. For much of last season, the organization went to great lengths to make sure Marshall was on the straight and narrow. Several people in the organization counseled him. Cutler took him under his wing, and the two often met with Shanahan to help keep Marshall focused.

Still, issues persist.

The latest Marshall misadventure occurred in Orlando on the day before his birthday, when he presumably put his arm through a glass entertainment center while wrestling with family members. Originally, Marshall's story was that he slipped on a McDonald's bag. Then it morphed into the entertainment center tale. Is the second story the truth?

The accident -- which will shelve Marshall until training camp because of damage to muscles and tendons as well as a vein, artery and nerve -- would be considered just bad luck if Marshall did not have other issues.

Since joining the Broncos, Marshall has been arrested for drunk driving, for which he could serve a short suspension this season if convicted; was arrested for a domestic-violence charge (charges were later dropped); was involved in a heated argument with an assistant coach the day after a game; and was alleged to have participated in a ruckus at a nightclub before teammate Darrent Williams was killed on Jan. 1, 2007.

This week, Shanahan said Marshall seems to have a "black cloud" hovering over him.

When Marshall was drafted, there were whispers that Denver was taking a risk on an immature talent. Yet Central Florida coach George O'Leary vouched for Marshall, deeming the player "a good kid" who gave him little trouble while starting both at receiver and in the secondary for the Knights.

Still, some scouts in the league labeled Marshall as "Baby T.O.," a nod to both his on- and off-field persona. When told of the nickname in his first NFL training camp, Marshall's eyes widened. He promised a reporter that he'd provide no trouble in Denver.

In his two years in Denver, Marshall has been far from a pariah. While he has a knack for finding trouble, Marshall can be very friendly and polite. In a vote at the end of the season to award the most media-friendly player on the team, which is named in Williams' honor, Marshall finished second behind veteran safety John Lynch.

Marshall is worth saving -- perhaps that's why Cutler took him to task this week. In an informal media gathering, Cutler said he was tired of Marshall's antics. Cutler acknowledged that Marshall's injury was the result of an accident, but said that it is "always something" with the wide receiver. Cutler, who worked out with Marshall in February in Atlanta, said he told his teammate that his chances in Denver might be running out.

In his only press gathering since the accident, Marshall called the latest miscue a "wake-up call." Cutler said he has heard it all before. Privately, many in the Denver organization were happy to see Cutler call out Marshall. It had to be done, they said. Cutler's words had to be embarrassing to Marshall.

Perhaps that is the wake-up call Marshall finally will heed. There's no doubt he needs to listen.

weazel
04-04-2008, 05:34 PM
this episode has given me more respect for Cutler, thats for sure.

topscribe
04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2008/04/champ-bailey-discusses-brandon-marshall/

-----

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Too many times we have seen throughout sports that calling out a teammate in public backfires.

Nothing good rarely comes out of it.

I hope this works. I would have preferred the "leader" done things differently.

Don't be surprised if Marsh lives up to the early nickname he once got..."Baby T.O."

QB's vs WR's in the media usually turn out bad and from what we have seen first hand from Marshall so far in his short NFL career, he might not be able to handle this the right way. Like I said, I hope he does and this worked.

Bring it up all you want they are totally different issues. Manning threw his teammates under the bus right after a loss. Cutler criticized his teammate for not acting responsibly off the field.

Den21vsBal19
04-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Bring it all you want they totally different issues. Manning threw his teammates under the bus right after a loss. Cutler criticized his teammate for not acting responsibly off the field.

After what, 3 or 4 other occurences?

IMO, it's been handled pretty well, behind clsoe doors has been tried and not worked, maybe it's time to try a different approach

Hobe
04-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Playing good football just gets you lose in the media, but slip on a McDonald's bag and your all over it. This should be in the sucks thread...

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 08:35 PM
After what, 3 or 4 other occurences?

IMO, it's been handled pretty well, behind clsoe doors has been tried and not worked, maybe it's time to try a different approach

Yep that sums it up the way I see it.

Simple Jaded
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I'd be very surprised if Cutler and Marshall didn't talk before this news conference. An idiot would know the question would be asked, and I'm sure Cutler told Brandon he was going to speak openly.

Dude hasn't listened to the "elder statemen" with the Broncos. It's good, IMO, someone from his generation is calling him out. Public or otherwise.

I believe Shanahan knew about this before it happened as well, and like Sandy Clough said, it might have even been his idea......

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I believe Shanahan knew about this before it happened as well, and like Sandy Clough said, it might have even been his idea......

You might find this interesting from Pro Football Weekly if you haven't already read it.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Denver/WWHI/2008/wwhi040408.htm

Cutler growing tired of Marshall's antics

April 4, 2008

Jay Cutler

The comments this week from Broncos QB Jay Cutler regarding WR Brandon Marshall’s arm injury surprised a source who has been around Cutler since he arrived from Vanderbilt before the 2006 season. Cutler said Marshall, who suffered a serious arm injury when he put his arm through a television while wrestling with his brother on March 22, wasn’t the quarterback’s favorite person right now and seemed fed up with his WR teammate. Marshall has had a series of off-the-field issues, including a DUI arrest last October, though he entered a not-guilty plea in court. This was the first time Cutler, entering his third season, had ever called out a teammate, and it could be taken as a sign that he is set to become more of a leader in the locker room. Sources say Cutler had typically been short with the media thus far in his pro career and never showed much emotion during interviews. Cutler said he still supports Marshall, who could miss up to four months, but he clearly needed to vent some of his frustration.

broncosfanscott
04-04-2008, 09:10 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2008/04/champ-bailey-discusses-brandon-marshall/

-----

Nice find there tops.

The best thing out of that article that Champ said was:

There’s only so much you can say to a guy. He’s a grown man. He’s got to understand what it takes to grow up and become a man and become a great professional. Until he figures that out for himself he’s going to be the same way.

I hope Marshall realizes what he means to the Broncos and that he is one of the key players to help us succeed.

TXBRONC
04-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Nice find there tops.

The best thing out of that article that Champ said was:

There’s only so much you can say to a guy. He’s a grown man. He’s got to understand what it takes to grow up and become a man and become a great professional. Until he figures that out for himself he’s going to be the same way.

I hope Marshall realizes what he means to the Broncos and that he is one of the key players to help us succeed.

To me that sounds more stern than what Cutler said.

broncosfanscott
04-04-2008, 09:15 PM
To me that sounds more stern than what Cutler said.

And hopefully we won't have to hear other Broncos repeat it when talking about Marshall or any other player for that matter.

claymore
04-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Didnt know which Brandon Marshall thread to put this in...............

Broncos' Marshall approaching crossroads
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com

Marshall, he of the famed McDonald's bag slip (really?), either will become one of the NFL's most dominant offensive weapons or he'll be the league's next, complex wide receiver. He'll be acclaimed for his immense talent or derided for his off-field antics.

Either way, the third-year Denver Broncos player will become a household NFL name.

The Broncos' best chance for renewed success is the pairing of quarterback Jay Cutler and Marshall, a pass-catch pair that came into the league together two Aprils ago. Cutler knows Marshall is an integral part of his legacy, and perhaps that's why, in his first significant sign of being the team's longtime leader, the quarterback blasted Marshall for the receiver's latest embarrassing episode.

Cutler punctuated the lashing by saying that Marshall "isn't his favorite person right now."

Not everyone in Denver is as frank about Marshall's situation, but they all know Marshall's future is correlated to the team's future.

"Brandon has to look himself in the mirror and realize how special he can be," Denver owner Pat Bowlen said. "We believe in him and think he'll be fine."

There's no question the 2006 fourth-round pick from Central Florida is secure on the field. Marshall, who turned 24 on Easter Sunday, burst onto the NFL scene last season and quickly became one of the fiercest weapons in the league as he caught a startling 102 catches in his first full season. Marshall joined Isaac Bruce (119) and Larry Fitzgerald (103) as second-year players to catch 100 balls.

Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall could be the foundation of the Broncos' offense for years to come.

At 6-foot-4 and 230 pounds, Marshall makes Terrell Owens feel like he needs a few body-sculpting classes. Already, there isn't a nastier receiver in the league than Marshall with the ball in his hands. Being the first defender to face Marshall is an impossible task. He is a yardage-after-the-catch monster. Marshall breaks tackles like Floyd Mayweather Jr. breaks noses. It happens all the time.

Again, on the field, Marshall is aces. How long will he allow himself to be? Marshall must stop the scary, long list of off-field missteps before he fully allows himself to become a true NFL superstar.

With two years remaining on Marshall's contract, it is fully expected that the Broncos and his agent, Fletcher Smith, will sit down and talk about a lengthy, lucrative deal in the spring of 2009. Marshall has two more years on his contract and he is the type of a franchise player that teams don't hesitate to re-sign. He's a once-a-generation player.

Yet the Broncos have plenty of reason to pause. Can they trust Marshall will give himself a chance to make a run at a Hall of Fame career?

They hope so.

"He's a great player, we all know that," Denver coach Mike Shanahan said. "He knows he has some things to work on, and we are confident he will."

Inside the doors of the Broncos' facility, Marshall's future is a much-discussed subject. For much of last season, the organization went to great lengths to make sure Marshall was on the straight and narrow. Several people in the organization counseled him. Cutler took him under his wing, and the two often met with Shanahan to help keep Marshall focused.

Still, issues persist.

The latest Marshall misadventure occurred in Orlando on the day before his birthday, when he presumably put his arm through a glass entertainment center while wrestling with family members. Originally, Marshall's story was that he slipped on a McDonald's bag. Then it morphed into the entertainment center tale. Is the second story the truth?

The accident -- which will shelve Marshall until training camp because of damage to muscles and tendons as well as a vein, artery and nerve -- would be considered just bad luck if Marshall did not have other issues.

Since joining the Broncos, Marshall has been arrested for drunk driving, for which he could serve a short suspension this season if convicted; was arrested for a domestic-violence charge (charges were later dropped); was involved in a heated argument with an assistant coach the day after a game; and was alleged to have participated in a ruckus at a nightclub before teammate Darrent Williams was killed on Jan. 1, 2007.

This week, Shanahan said Marshall seems to have a "black cloud" hovering over him.

When Marshall was drafted, there were whispers that Denver was taking a risk on an immature talent. Yet Central Florida coach George O'Leary vouched for Marshall, deeming the player "a good kid" who gave him little trouble while starting both at receiver and in the secondary for the Knights.

Still, some scouts in the league labeled Marshall as "Baby T.O.," a nod to both his on- and off-field persona. When told of the nickname in his first NFL training camp, Marshall's eyes widened. He promised a reporter that he'd provide no trouble in Denver.

In his two years in Denver, Marshall has been far from a pariah. While he has a knack for finding trouble, Marshall can be very friendly and polite. In a vote at the end of the season to award the most media-friendly player on the team, which is named in Williams' honor, Marshall finished second behind veteran safety John Lynch.

Marshall is worth saving -- perhaps that's why Cutler took him to task this week. In an informal media gathering, Cutler said he was tired of Marshall's antics. Cutler acknowledged that Marshall's injury was the result of an accident, but said that it is "always something" with the wide receiver. Cutler, who worked out with Marshall in February in Atlanta, said he told his teammate that his chances in Denver might be running out.

In his only press gathering since the accident, Marshall called the latest miscue a "wake-up call." Cutler said he has heard it all before. Privately, many in the Denver organization were happy to see Cutler call out Marshall. It had to be done, they said. Cutler's words had to be embarrassing to Marshall.

Perhaps that is the wake-up call Marshall finally will heed. There's no doubt he needs to listen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3329102

fcspikeit
04-05-2008, 01:00 PM

I think it was great Cutler said something, Ir shows this is his team. He expects a lot of his teammates and wont except anything less then what he's willing to give.

If your the leader and your working your butt off to get better all off season, you don't want to lose because someone who is highly counted on, don't take their job as serious as you do.

He is also saying, The Denver Broncos come first. We all know they are friends, but his opinion about Marshall isn't biased. It's pretty clear Cutler can put his friendship aside when it comes to being the leader of this team. He wants to win!

Besides all this, Cutler said he has talked privately to Marshall many times. It obviously didn't work. Maybe this will open Marshall's eyes, Cutler is not kidding around! Marshall needs to grow up and start acting like a leader on this team!

fcspikeit
04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Agree 100%.

I couldn't disagree more! Cutler is taking charge, how will he ever be an Elway or Favre if he don't take the next step?

He is the leader of this team! If the other members of the team don't like it tuff.

Lonestar
04-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I think it was great Cutler said something, Ir shows this is his team. He expects a lot of his teammates and wont except anything less then what he's willing to give.

If your the leader and your working your butt off to get better all off season, you don't want to lose because someone who is highly counted on, don't take their job as serious as you do.

He is also saying, The Denver Broncos come first. We all know they are friends, but his opinion about Marshall isn't biased. It's pretty clear Cutler can put his friendship aside when it comes to being the leader of this team. He wants to win!

Besides all this, Cutler said he has talked privately to Marshall many times. It obviously didn't work. Maybe this will open Marshall's eyes, Cutler is not kidding around! Marshall needs to grow up and start acting like a leader on this team!

I understand all the arguments here about Jay taking a leadership role. But
I still disagree, this is not a normal PRO athlete, Marshall is still a kid.. I'm sure they had many chats privately.. and they did not work.. Or so it seems..

I know you play team sport if your team captain did this to you when you were in your second year of being on the team how would you have liked it?

IMO this will cause problems, if it were a more mature player they would have taken it in stride.. I do not see it happening this time..

omac
04-05-2008, 06:10 PM
From topscribe's link of Champ's interview regarding the incident ....

On Cutler’s comments being a ‘big thing’ and earning the team’s respect —

(Champ) I think it was. I didn’t hear about it until late (Tuesday). Yeah, it was definitely a big deal. I expect that from him. You don’t see a lot of guys trying to pump a guy up in some kind of way and trying to keep it real as far as exactly what’s happening, you know, what’s going to happen if he keeps going down that road. Jay put his foot out there and did what he’s supposed to do. He’s gotta get this guy on the field, and (Marshall) can’t help him if he’s not out there. You gotta do everything you can to make us winners around here.

TXBRONC
04-05-2008, 06:19 PM

(Champ) I think it was. I didn’t hear about it until late (Tuesday). Yeah, it was definitely a big deal. I expect that from him. You don’t see a lot of guys trying to pump a guy up in some kind of way and trying to keep it real as far as exactly what’s happening, you know, what’s going to happen if he keeps going down that road. Jay put his foot out there and did what he’s supposed to do. He’s gotta get this guy on the field, and (Marshall) can’t help him if he’s not out there. You gotta do everything you can to make us winners around here.

So much for the thought that this is a no no.

Astrass
04-06-2008, 12:52 AM
I liked this article a lot. Sorry if it's been posted....I'm tired ;)

[+] Enlarge
Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall

AP Photo/David Zalubowski

Jay Cutler (6) and Brandon Marshall (15) could be the foundation of the Broncos' offense for years to come.

They hope so.

Still, issues persist.

honz
04-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Good article. Thanks for posting it.

nevcraw
04-06-2008, 01:12 AM
"I love Brandon to death and he's a great kid at heart. I don't think he goes out there looking for trouble. He's not at bars late. He's not doing those things that other people do. It's just something about him. He's always into something," Cutler said. "Like I told him, 'I haven't lost faith in you. I'll still support you. But ... you're going to have to prove yourself this time.'"

TXBRONC
04-06-2008, 10:07 AM
"I love Brandon to death and he's a great kid at heart. I don't think he goes out there looking for trouble. He's not at bars late. He's not doing those things that other people do. It's just something about him. He's always into something," Cutler said. "Like I told him, 'I haven't lost faith in you. I'll still support you. But ... you're going to have to prove yourself this time.'"

This one is just more confirmation for me thinking that Jay and Brandon wont be on the outs with each other.

Watchthemiddle
04-06-2008, 06:25 PM

Good comments from Champ, and its good to see Cutler getting support for what he did from teamates.

It looks like all the talk about Cutler needing to step up and be the leader finally came out with his comments about Marshall. I hope he made them because he "IS" the leader, and not the paper leader because he wears the QB badge.

TXBRONC
04-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Good comments from Champ, and its good to see Cutler getting support for what he did from teamates.

It looks like all the talk about Cutler needing to step up and be the leader finally came out with his comments about Marshall. I hope he made them because he "IS" the leader, and not the paper leader because he wears the QB badge.

This isn't the first time he has stepped up and been overtly vocal in his leadership.

topscribe
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
This isn't the first time he has stepped up and been overtly vocal in his leadership.

The kid (Cutler) is a leader. That, even more than his immense physical gifts,
is a sign of future greatness, IMO.

While BMarsh must be given his due regarding his own abilities, Cutler bears a
major portion of responsibility toward what BMarsh has accomplished. It would
behoove BMarsh to realize that and ride Cutler's rise to his own greatness,
just as Rod Smith had the good sense to ride Elway to his own.

-----

TXBRONC
04-06-2008, 07:29 PM

-----

Agreed. :nod:

Simple Jaded
04-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I understand all the arguments here about Jay taking a leadership role. But
I still disagree, this is not a normal PRO athlete, Marshall is still a kid.. I'm sure they had many chats privately.. and they did not work.. Or so it seems..

I know you play team sport if your team captain did this to you when you were in your second year of being on the team how would you have liked it?

IMO this will cause problems, if it were a more mature player they would have taken it in stride.. I do not see it happening this time..

But from what little we can see on the field, I don't think Marshall's problem is anti-social, it's controlling his emotions.

Meaning, after all is said and done, I think Marshall is better equipped to handle criticism than a Doosh like B.O, especially considering Marshall has already acknowledged a need to grow up.

If Cutler (And Bailey) gave Marshall more than he can handle, then there might not be much hope for him......

TXBRONC
04-06-2008, 08:25 PM
But from what little we can see on the field, I don't think Marshall's problem is anti-social, it's controlling his emotions.

Meaning, after all is said and done, I think Marshall is better equipped to handle criticism than a Doosh like B.O, especially considering Marshall has already acknowledged a need to grow up.

If Cutler (And Bailey) gave Marshall more than he can handle, then there might not be much hope for him......

As I said before what Jay said wasn't all that harsh in my opinion. Besides that he had already talked with Marshall so it's not like Jay blind sided him with his comments.

And when Bailey comes out compliments Jay on stepping up as leader that to me is good indicator that he has support of veteran player.

Watchthemiddle
04-06-2008, 10:32 PM

-----

I think it works both ways. Especially when you have two guys who came into the league at the same time and need each other to succeed. There would be no 70 yard td pass on a 5 yard slant if it weren't for Bmarsh making defenders look like fools, break tackles and dust them all for a TD. Same can be said about a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone from Cutler to Bmarsh.

Just as it woudl behoove of BMarsh to ride on Cutler, the same can be said for Cutler.

The last thing I would want to see is a QB alienate his young, immature, stud WR by comments to the media. Thats the only "fear" I have about this whole thing.

TXBRONC
04-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I think it works both ways. Especially when you have two guys who came into the league at the same time and need each other to succeed. There would be no 70 yard td pass on a 5 yard slant if it weren't for Bmarsh making defenders look like fools, break tackles and dust them all for a TD. Same can be said about a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone from Cutler to Bmarsh.

Just as it woudl behoove of BMarsh to ride on Cutler, the same can be said for Cutler.

The last thing I would want to see is a QB alienate his young, immature, stud WR by comments to the media. Thats the only "fear" I have about this whole thing.

Then again immature actions can alienate your teammates that too works both ways. Too Cutler's credit he has support of the veteran leadership on the team.

Lonestar
04-06-2008, 11:59 PM

The kid and I use that term in the smallest sense, needs to grow up I do not think from what I have heard about him being antisocial at all in fact just the opposite..

Depending on the attitude of everyone around him including his agent and family it has star written all over him.. if he can keep his nose clean, stay out of situations like those reported. He can be one of the best for long time..

But if he has a greedy agent whispering in his ear like a few other WR's have had.. HE just might be immature enough to be problem kid..

Lets hope he cleans up his act and nothing else causes him issues..

DenBronx
04-07-2008, 01:14 AM
The kid and I use that term in the smallest sense, needs to grow up I do not think from what I have heard about him being antisocial at all in fact just the opposite..

Depending on the attitude of everyone around him including his agent and family it has star written all over him.. if he can keep his nose clean, stay out of situations like those reported. He can be one of the best for long time..

But if he has a greedy agent whispering in his ear like a few other WR's have had.. HE just might be immature enough to be problem kid..

Lets hope he cleans up his act and nothing else causes him issues..

that's the part that scares me. i'd hate to see this kid get hitched with rosenhaus or better yet rosenhose. i hope marshall really starts to listen to the veterans and captains like jay and champ. they dont seem that happy with him and i hope he realizes that his chances are running out. you would think that being involved somehow in a murder at a nightclub that you would somehow choose a better lifestyle and mindset. marshall is my favorite bronco but he's got to learn how to stay out of trouble.

broncosfanscott
04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Players can get so many chances. I just hope he doesn't run out of his.

WARHORSE
04-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Marshall on the mend

By Jim Armstrong
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 04/08/2008 12:10:36 AM MDT

So Brandon Marshall is on the mend. Good thing for the Broncos. That means the rest of the franchise is getting better, too.

Feel free to inject your opinion on Marshall and his seemingly never-ending escapades off the field. But just remember this: On the field, he's the most exciting player the Broncos have.
If Jay Cutler is the heart of the Broncos" offense, then Marshall is its soul. Gone are the days when the Broncos could dominate teams on the ground. Their running game still is solid, at times very good, but when times are tough, a pass to No. 15 is the Broncos" best option.
Let's not forget what the Broncos have in this kid. Marshall is the best fourth-round draft choice in the league in the 21st century. Two seasons into his career, he has established himself as one of the game's greatest players.WHAT???:shocked: Shanahan the GM drafted him............:coffee:
You want production? Try 102 catches. You want yards after the catch? I've been covering this NFL rodeo for almost 30 years and have never seen another wideout who can break tackles like Marshall does every Sunday. What???:shocked: Shanahan the GM drafted him.............:coffee:
And let's not forget why the Broncos drafted him, too. It was because of all their failed attempts to acquire a go-to receiver on draft day. The names Marcus Nash, Ashley Lelie and Darrius Watts ring a bell? All were early draft picks, and none made a long-term impact.
Wide receiver, for whatever reason, has been a black hole for the Broncos on draft day. But now, after all these years of trying, they've unearthed a franchise wideout. And in the fourth round, no less. What??? Shanahan the GM drafted them......................:coffee:
Yes, Marshall comes with strings attached. Yes, he has accumulated an alarming amount of baggage in a matter of two years. Yes, we have to wonder if all these incidents will continue. But there is one thing you don't have to wonder about with Marshall. That would be his amazing talent. If he's not on the field displaying it, the Broncos aren't the same team.

--------------------------------------

So true about this kid...............unreal talent.:salute:

Nature Boy
04-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Let's hope his arm comes back to 100% full functions. Hopefully no nerve damage or he'll have to play safety.

claymore
04-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Let's hope his arm comes back to 100% full functions. Hopefully no nerve damage or he'll have to play safety.I never thought of that.......... Hopefully he is willing to do so if thats the case.

sneakers
04-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Did you know George W. Bush is the greatest President of the 21st Century?

pnbronco
04-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I see Marshall as some one that wears his heart on his sleeve and is still a kid with a very public job. He really didn't understand why the fans left the SD game early and seemed hurt, while none of the veterans said anything because they got it. The world I grew up in said that you don't go public with conflict, so I worry that Marshall does not have the maturity to handle this. I don't think any of these questions will be answered till the season starts. Who know if he did any damage to his arm and who knows how he will handle what Cutler said. My hope is that this is his rock bottom and he learns from it and lets his talent shine.

jrelway
04-08-2008, 11:17 AM
the talent and athletisicm that marshall has is second to none. i just hope he knows what time it is. wise up and catch more passes for us.

DenverBronkHoes
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
102 catches in his first FULL season......

the man plays with raw football attitude....

hes going to do some great things in his career if he can keep his nose clean

DenverBronkHoes
04-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Let's hope his arm comes back to 100% full functions. Hopefully no nerve damage or he'll have to play safety.

as if watching him play safety wont be fun

can u say atwater on steroids?

honz
04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
as if watching him play safety wont be fun

can u say atwater on steroids?
I bet he could definitely be a Pro Bowl caliber safety. The dude is an absolute beast and he has a mean streak.

NightTrainLayne
04-08-2008, 12:15 PM
We've gone from trading Marshall, to converting him to Saftey?

WTF are you guys smoking???

Nevermind, it was Hoes.

BroncoJoe
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Due to injuries to his college teammates, Marshall played safety during his Junior (maybe Sophomore) year. He lead the team in tackles.

NightTrainLayne
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Due to injuries to his college teammates, Marshall played safety during his Junior (maybe Sophomore) year. He lead the team in tackles.

Ahh, didn't realize that. Just put the dunce cap on me.

One question though. . .Did they call him "Dr. Death"?

Davii
04-08-2008, 12:31 PM

How many fourth round draft picks in the 21st century? (224)

How many Presidents? (1)

Doesn't sound like a comparison anyone with 1/4 of a brain would try to make.

McKeough
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
How many fourth round draft picks in the 21st century? (224)

How many Presidents? (1)

Doesn't sound like a comparison anyone with 1/4 of a brain would try to make.

:rolleyes:

NameUsedBefore
04-08-2008, 03:55 PM
This might just be the best article exclaiming Brandon Marshall to be the best 4th-round pick in the 21st century in the 21st century.

Davii
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
This might just be the best article exclaiming Brandon Marshall to be the best 4th-round pick in the 21st century in the 21st century.

As well as the only.

NameUsedBefore
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
As well as the only.

Clink, clunk, clink clink clink.

Damn!

Bronco4ever
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Not to take anything from Marshall, but I think Asante Samuel was a 4th rounder and has a few All Pro years under his belt. It's a bit early to make such a distinction, but a couple more years like this and he could pass him.

atwater27
04-08-2008, 04:33 PM

Cute, but totally lame analogy.

DenverBronkHoes
04-08-2008, 05:35 PM
We've gone from trading Marshall, to converting him to Saftey?

WTF are you guys smoking???

Nevermind, it was Hoes.

i know he played some... not as much as i thought tho

omac
04-08-2008, 09:40 PM
The article talks like Brandon is the savior of the franchise. I'm ecstatic about how well Brandon's stepped up his game; we could see good signs in '06, and we even heard Shanny's bold statement before that he could be a #1, and now he is.

But before Brandon, Javon did the same things, up to the point he got injured early last season. He was a reliable #1 receiver with great catching ability, he could get separation, he could make people miss, he could hold on to the ball in traffic while taking huge hits, he could stretch the field, he had yards after the catch, and he could block. Brandon is a bigger, slightly slower version, so while Javon would stretch the field better, Brandon could get more of the yards after the catch. If not for Javon's injury history and ego, we'd have 2 #1's like Cincy has; maybe that's a good thing.

WARHORSE
04-09-2008, 12:12 AM
As well as the only.

BOOOOOOO! Mr. Rain on our Parade POSTER!!!!!:tsk:

HOOOORAY!!!!! BEEEEER!!!:beer:

WARHORSE
04-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Whats truthful about Marshall, is of all the games Ive watched him play, Ive seen the first guy to reach him tackle him a staggering number of times.

How many?

Once.

When he was a rookie, I saw him in training camp, at 6'4" 2 hundred and a gazillion pounds, shake Champ Bailey out of his shoes so badly he had 7 yards between them in his first four steps. For a man with such a large body, and being so muscular, he is a very flexible, nimble player.

He could make Superman miss in a phonebooth.:coffee:

WARHORSE
04-09-2008, 12:20 AM
102 catches in his first FULL season......

the man plays with raw football attitude....

hes going to do some great things in his career if he can keep his nose clean

A few things:

1.Good ta see ya.

2.Nice avatar.

3. Is that you as a kid?

4. You need to post in the main forum more....:salute:

5. Nice post. :D

jrelway
04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
dont know if its been posted yet, but a good read it is..

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10769842

jrelway
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
this again says, handle issues with teammates behind closed doors..nothing good can come out of this by yapping to the media.

Lonestar
04-10-2008, 01:14 PM
this again says, handle issues with teammates behind closed doors..nothing good can come out of this by yapping to the media.

What I've been saying since it happened..

I wonder why Rod and Al always had closed door meetings with the players?

Could have been they understood the leadership position/role..

DenBronx
04-10-2008, 01:23 PM
What I've been saying since it happened..

I wonder why Rod and Al always had closed door meetings with the players?

Could have been they understood the leadership position/role..

great example jwriz. i think al and rod knew how to handle team issues like men and not spout off through the media. that really gets you no where. i think cutler has some growing up to do in that area. one thing this team is lacking is character, thats for sure. lynch is soon to be gone. elam, smith and lepsis are all gone, wilson the year before and nalen should be gone next year. all of those guys had high character. cutler has it in him but i think it will take a little more time.

DenverBronkHoes
04-10-2008, 03:56 PM
A few things:

1.Good ta see ya.

2.Nice avatar.

3. Is that you as a kid?

4. You need to post in the main forum more....:salute:

5. Nice post. :D

good to see u too homie

it was a random bad picture of a haircut.... I was a much uglier kid

new avy now... sorry.... Its the month of the greatest holiday of the year 4/20.... pass it on

agreed.... i tend to waste more time showing people what an a$$ i am. then actually SHOWING my football knowledge...

i know i am no G-money, but i can certainly bring something to the table... Actually, my football knowledge saved me from being completely shunned by the loving members of the freak when i frist joined.....

i will take your advice War... thank you for the praise... makes me feel good:elefant:

red98
04-10-2008, 05:46 PM
y.... Its the month of the greatest holiday of the year 4/20.... pass it on

Hitler's Birthday??

j/k

National Cannabis Day, I know.
:whoo:

Lonestar
04-10-2008, 06:07 PM
:focus:

topscribe
04-13-2008, 12:14 AM
I was led to this clip (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dwOoIoJYUA) on Brandon Marshall,

then I saw this one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1iRfE3uL-lc&feature=related) on Eddie McCaffrey.

:eek:

BMarsh is Eddie Mac with an overdrive!!

-----

Ziggy
04-13-2008, 12:20 AM
BMarsh is Eddie Mac with an overdrive!![/B][/I]

-----

Let's just hope he doesn't start taking the hits Eddie Mac used to take. The human bruise was probably the most accurate nickname ever given to him. I think Bmarsh is quite a bit more elusive though, so no worries.

shank
04-13-2008, 12:20 AM
sacrilege

WARHORSE
04-13-2008, 01:13 AM
good to see u too homie

it was a random bad picture of a haircut.... I was a much uglier kid

new avy now... sorry.... Its the month of the greatest holiday of the year 4/20.... pass it on

agreed.... i tend to waste more time showing people what an a$$ i am. then actually SHOWING my football knowledge...

i know i am no G-money, but i can certainly bring something to the table... Actually, my football knowledge saved me from being completely shunned by the loving members of the freak when i frist joined.....

i will take your advice War... thank you for the praise... makes me feel good:elefant:

Just kidding about the kid being you. He just seemed like a rebel thats all.;)

Rogue
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/DREW0403.gif

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:29 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/DREW0403.gif

Wonder why they made Marshall white in that comic?

LRtagger
04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
racists

Rogue
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Wonder why they made Marshall white in that comic?

lol no kiddin, i just noticed that...good question

shank
04-14-2008, 09:39 AM
i think he makes everyone white.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Am I the only one afraid Brandon Marshall has suffered permanent nerve damage to his arm leading to his hand and he will never be able to catch the ball like he used to?

Didn't Darius Watts suffer nerve damage to his hand before he was drafted but the team did not find out til later?

JONtheBRONCO
04-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Am I the only one afraid Brandon Marshall has suffered permanent nerve damage to his arm leading to his hand and he will never be able to catch the ball like he used to?

Didn't Darius Watts suffer nerve damage to his hand before he was drafted but the team did not find out til later?

No, I think we got lucky with this one, and he will eventually be okay to play... Well, I hope that is...

Drill-N-Fill
04-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Jay Cutler Talks Marshall, Elway, Draft With Vic
By Matthew J. Buettner, Web Producer
CBS4 Broncos Insiders Sign Ups: Get Broncos Email Updates or text 4broncos to 66247 for free wireless text updates
DENVER (CBS4) ― CBS4's Vic Lombardi sat down with Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler last week to talk about Brandon Marshall, John Elway and the team's plans for the NFL draft.

Cutler said his comments criticizing wide receiver Brandon Marshall's off-the-field behavior were not premeditated.

"I knew it was going to be asked, but I wasn't really sure what I was going to say," Cutler said. "When those questions started flying, some emotions came out and I said things how I felt."

Cutler said he thought Marshall was probably a little shaken up about it.

"I just felt some of those things needed to be said, because we've had some guys in the past that have gotten in trouble and we kind of take care of it inside," he said. "It's one of those things. We just can't have it anymore."

Cutler said he's seen Marshall a couple of times since he first made the comments.

"He's a little bit mad at me, but he's going to get over it," he said. "We talked today and things are good."

Last week, John Elway told the press at an Arena League news conference that he understood why Cutler recently called out Marshall, but he just wouldn't have taken the same approach.

"If that's what Jay feels like he needs to comment on, he needs to do that," Elway said. "Personally, I wouldn't have done it to him. Even though I tried to settle things in the press, looking back over the years, it hasn't been the right way to do it."

Cutler said it's been a mixed bag on the feelings about his comments. He said some agree and some don't, but if he had to do it all over again, he would say the same thing.

Cutler also talked about the state of the team. He said as players, they can't worry about people talking about the Broncos having a bad year.

"What they do in the front office and what kind of decisions Mike makes; that's up to them," he said. "We've got to take care of our stuff and right now we're just working out hard and trying to get in shape for some of the mini-camps."

Cutler said he would like the team go after a couple offensive players in the upcoming draft.

Lombardi brought up the fact that when 'Jay Cutler' is entered in google.com, a body builder is the first site that shows up. Cutler said he was familiar with the man.

"I saw him on ESPN when I was like ten," he said.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Just heard on FM104.3 The Fan that, right now, Brandon can not move the fingers on his injured hand - not good.

honz
04-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Just heard on FM104.3 The Fan that, right now, Brandon can not move the fingers on his injured hand - not good.
Hopefully it is because his nerves and tendons are still healing...please?

jrelway
04-17-2008, 08:58 PM

fak! thats all i gotta say about that. not good.

TXBRONC
04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. The Fan has been wrong before.

claymore
04-17-2008, 10:01 PM
The Broncos were here before that kid, and will be here after that kid............. Im glad we are doing our best at Plan B, C, and D.

DenBronx
04-17-2008, 11:12 PM

they did say it would take 3 months to heal right? are you supposed to move them only a month out of an injury like that? i dont know about tendon injuries....maybe someone on here can enlighten us.

Lonestar
04-18-2008, 12:39 AM
they did say it would take 3 months to heal right? are you supposed to move them only a month out of an injury like that? i dont know about tendon injuries....maybe someone on here can enlighten us.

once your out of the cast your pretty much no longer immobilized.. at that time you should be able to have sensations in them maybe even before them..

I had back surgery in 1999, at the time I had NO feeling in my left leg.. after the surgery the numbness mostly confined to the left foot. slowly all but the big toe and the one next to it and the palm of the foot.. I can feel stuff there, but it is like the foot is asleep. Tingly. There are times I get these shooting pains in the foot that are so intense if I'm walking it can knock me down.

When you cut nerves it is the worst thing you can do in an injury, some times they heal sometimes they do not..

Sometimes some do and some do not..

I'd guess that the odds of him not having a partial handicap was non existent..

honz
04-18-2008, 12:53 AM
once your out of the cast your pretty much no longer immobilized.. at that time you should be able to have sensations in them maybe even before them..

I had back surgery in 1999, at the time I had NO feeling in my left leg.. after the surgery the numbness mostly confined to the left foot. slowly all but the big toe and the one next to it and the palm of the foot.. I can feel stuff there, but it is like the foot is asleep. Tingly. There are times I get these shooting pains in the foot that are so intense if I'm walking it can knock me down.

When you cut nerves it is the worst thing you can do in an injury, some times they heal sometimes they do not..

Sometimes some do and some do not..

I'd guess that the odds of him not having a partial handicap was non existent..
No es bueno...I seriously hope he can still play.

Npba900
04-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Well Brandon has youth on his size!!!!! Let's hope he heals. An injury like this could take and additional 6 months to 1 year of physical therapy.

This really sucks if the "Fan" is right.

BOSSHOGG30
04-19-2008, 11:22 PM
My fiance is a physical therapist and she told me from the sounds of his injury, she would be shocked if he was able to play this year. She said if he is lucky and everything goes well and he works hard he might be able to be back in 5 to 6 months, but that is asking a lot. If he rushes back to soon he could do more damage than good.

TXBRONC
04-19-2008, 11:25 PM
My fiance is a physical therapist and she told me from the sounds of his injury, she would be shocked if he was able to play this year. She said if he is lucky and everything goes well and he works hard he might be able to be back in 5 to 6 months, but that is asking a lot. If he rushes back to soon he could do more damage than good.

I would doubt that Shanahan would let back onto the field unless he has a clean bill health from the doctor.

omac
04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, now I'm more concerned for Brandon than I am for the Broncos WR depth. I hope he heals completely and has a good, long career, for his sake, whether he plays for the Broncos or for some other team. I'd hate for his career to end just like that, when it has so much promise.

TXBRONC
04-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow, now I'm more concerned for Brandon than I am for the Broncos WR depth. I hope he heals completely and has a good, long career, for his sake, whether he plays for the Broncos or for some other team. I'd hate for his career to end just like that, when it has so much promise.

I think he's going to be ok it's just going to take time for him to heal.

omac
04-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I think he's going to be ok it's just going to take time for him to heal.

That's good to know; strange lineup ... Colbert and Jackson will probably be the #1 and #2 guys, maybe not in that order, with Stokley in the slot. Congrats, Cutler, you'll be throwing to another new number one for your 3rd consecutive season. :sigh:

Italianmobstr7
04-20-2008, 02:37 AM
That's good to know; strange lineup ... Colbert and Jackson will probably be the #1 and #2 guys, maybe not in that order, with Stokley in the slot. Congrats, Cutler, you'll be throwing to another new number one for your 3rd consecutive season. :sigh:

No he won't. He'll be throwing to brandon marshall as his #1 again. Brandon is a young guy and his injury will heal quickly. They've predicted him to be back by training camp, and I think that he will be also.

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 07:53 AM

I would guess that Jay would throwing more to Scheffler and Stokley should Marshall not be ready by the time season starts.

Lonestar
04-20-2008, 11:12 AM
I would guess that Jay would throwing more to Scheffler and Stokley should Marshall not be ready by the time season starts.

I think that he will be throwing to everyone trying to get some timing down..

Perhaps these signings will become a wake up call for Marshall. While he appears to the real deal, one can no longer place all of their eggs in one basket..

All of the signings have the potential to be starters now the question is getting a second chance in life will they step up and become NFL WR's..

Do not get me wrong here I'd rather have Marshall be the guy that gets 80+ passes each year. But this arm injury just could have serious limitations on what he can do with it, if NOT career ending ramifications..

When ever nerves are disturbed and "repaired" strange stuff can happen..

TXBRONC
04-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I think that he will be throwing to everyone trying to get some timing down..

Perhaps these signings will become a wake up call for Marshall. While he appears to the real deal, one can no longer place all of their eggs in one basket..

All of the signings have the potential to be starters now the question is getting a second chance in life will they step up and become NFL WR's..

Do not get me wrong here I'd rather have Marshall be the guy that gets 80+ passes each year. But this arm injury just could have serious limitations on what he can do with it, if NOT career ending ramifications..

When ever nerves are disturbed and "repaired" strange stuff can happen..

JR I realize that because I work the allied health profession and I'm studying to be a nurse. I would just about bet my last dollar that they have or have had a neurologist checking out the nerve damage. That being the case I would also bet that they have given him a prognosis.

Lonestar
04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
JR I realize that because I work the allied health profession and I'm studying to be a nurse. I would just about bet my last dollar that they have or have had a neurologist checking out the nerve damage. That being the case I would also bet that they have given him a prognosis.

I had back surgery a few years ago and almost all the nerves regenerated but some are wired wrong .. and I still have NO feeling in the two biggest toes of my left foot.. they are asleep all the time.. just a numbness to them at the time of the surgery I had zero feeling in the leg.. and right after I had about 50% with all of it coming back after about 6 months..

I'm sure he is getting the best care available, but heir are just somethings that can't be fixed 100% all the time..