PDA

View Full Version : Sure glad we got rid of that bum Hillis.

sneakers
03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Just trying to make the deal look good for us....play along!

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2010, 11:59 PM
The Broncos don't have to make the trade look good. They didn't lose anything. They traded away a guy that wasn't going to play and brought in a guy who can possibly flourish in this offensive system or even push Orton to play better.

camdisco24
03-15-2010, 12:02 AM
He was going to be a bench warmer in Denver anyways, might as well give him a chance to play well somewhere else.

As for Quinn, I think he's a good experiment. He has potential with the right coaches. Lets at least see how he plays out.

UnderArmour
03-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Peyton Hillis was a worse locker room cancer than Terrell Owens! Watch him obliterate the Browns locker room! Good riddance. I've had enough of the Hillis intentional fumbling, now watch him destroy that franchise.

Broncolingus
03-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Hillis = worst running back to EVER wear a Bronco uni...

Bring back Clarett!!!!

BroncoWave
03-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Bring back Clarett!!!!

And Travis Henry.

Wish someone would try to f*** with that 1-2 punch!

NameUsedBefore
03-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Olandis Gary. I did a google search on him and he was the first to come up before I even finished writing his name. I then googled his first name and the results were: Olandis Gary, then a baby name website. Presumably this is because first people google Olandis Gary, then wonder where the hell does the name "Olandis" come from. After the baby name site my search tailed off into the random venues of the internet; i.e., it was Olandis Gary, baby sites, and randomness. There was another "Olandis" on Facebook, amusingly, but besides him (whose life is probably consumed by a search to find the root of his ridiculous first name), nothing. Such an intriguing, mysterious player need be back on our lavish football squad. I am not sure, however, that Olandis Gary wants to play for the really stupid faced Josh McDaniels whose own google images search proved equally amusing.

Tned
03-15-2010, 01:18 AM

It's hard for me to take you serious with that user title... ;)

EastCoastBronco
03-15-2010, 06:51 AM
At least now we'll get to see if he was really any good or just a flash in the pan. I hope he does well.

broncofaninfla
03-15-2010, 08:50 AM
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Hillis will outplay Quinn in 2010, I don't like this trade at all. Quinn couldn't perform under pressure behind the o line in Cleveland yet somehow he is going to do it here behind our makeshift line? As always, I'd love to eat crow but right now Cleveland got the better end of this deal IMO. There is no football reason that Hillis didn't get reps last year, he'll get them in Cleveland. Quinn got plenty of reps and flopped last year. Quinn is an upgrade over Simms with more upside but that isn't saying much.

Shazam!
03-15-2010, 09:02 AM
The Broncos are much, much better compared to Cleveland which has been a QB's nightmare for how long now? Please.

"Denver got a potential franchise QB for a couple of orange cones and a few used mouthpieces" as the story was said by NFL Fanhouse. Not that I agree with everything in the media and ESPN, but there is a lot of upside to this deal.

And face it, McD coulve brought in a young Tom Brady and he'd be criticized for it.

broncofaninfla
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
The Broncos are much, much better compared to Cleveland which has been a QB's nightmare for how long now? Please.

"Denver got a potential franchise QB for a couple of orange cones and a few used mouthpieces" as the story was said by NFL Fanhouse. Not that I agree with everything in the media and ESPN, but there is a lot of upside to this deal.

And face it, McD coulve brought in a young Tom Brady and he'd be criticized for it.

That is complete BS, if he brought in Brady he would be an f-ing hero. But he didn't, he brought in Quinn. I'm getting tired of the blind love for Mcd. True he is Denvers coach and as fans we should support him but I can't help but question him time and time again. Apparently you forget how we finished last season, we are anything but much, much better than Cleveland. They have o line issues, we have o line issues. Quinn couldn't perform under pressure there and he'll see the same pressure here.

Elevation inc
03-15-2010, 09:11 AM
i hope he does well in clevland in a WC offense that fits him as a player...he certainly wasnt a great fit here as FB for a spread offense....

Shazam!
03-15-2010, 09:16 AM
That is complete BS, if he brought in Brady he would be an f-ing hero. But he didn't, he brought in Quinn. I'm getting tired of the blind love for Mcd. True he is Denvers coach and as fans we should support him but I can't help but question him time and time again. Apparently you forget how we finished last season, we are anything but much, much better than Cleveland. They have o line issues, we have o line issues. Quinn couldn't perform under pressure there and he'll see the same pressure here.

...and I, as are others, tired of the non-stop whining and bitching of every single thing McD does that is disagreed with.

The haters have been thrashing Orton for almost a year now, finally get another QB to push him and compete with him and all they do is bitch about that too.

QBs have been going to Cleveland to die for how long now? Thye got a young one with a lot of upside.

I also like how Quinn is destined to fail before even setting foot into the Broncos' facilities, and Denver gave away the next Terrell Davis with no such indication.

Elevation inc
03-15-2010, 09:20 AM

quinn turned a corner last year in his game against san diego....he was injured 3 games later, but i saw flashes of the quinn that was talked about back in 2007....plus we have qb whisperer now to teach him the ways of the society.......:lol:

broncofaninfla
03-15-2010, 09:36 AM
quinn turned a corner last year in his game against san diego....he was injured 3 games later, but i saw flashes of the quinn that was talked about back in 2007....plus we have qb whisperer now to teach him the ways of the society.......:lol:

I hope you are right. I was impressed with Quinn in 2008 in the game against us but remember a lot of QB's looked great against us that year.

Elevation inc
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I hope you are right. I was impressed with Quinn in 2008 in the game against us but remember a lot of QB's looked great against us that year.

i belive marquand manuel, clavin lowery and marlon mcree, plus nate webster were the reason for that:lol:

i belive this is quinns best possible landing spot for a career ressurection... now as G said in another thread its time for him to man up and do the work!!!!:beer:

Chris90210
03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
R.I.P sweet prince

Broncolingus
03-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Peyton Hillis is so ugly that when he sits on a sand dune at the beach, the cats try to bury him!

DenBronx
03-15-2010, 12:47 PM
i hope hillis rots. he never showed any flashes here in denver...that 100/100 yard game was a fluke. bet he will never rush for 100 yards in one game again.

he also sucked ass after contact....dude got pinkie tackled alot.

what a bum...