PDA

View Full Version : A Day of Celebration

BeefStew25
03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Bill Williamson, formerly of the Denver Post and newly-hired by ESPN.com, reports.............................

Our long national nightmare is over.

TXBRONC
03-31-2008, 10:42 PM

I wish him the best but I really thought ESPN had higher standards. :confused:

WARHORSE
03-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Lol.............

dogfish
03-31-2008, 11:49 PM
I wish him the best but I really thought ESPN had higher standards. :confused:

now you know the truth!

they employed sean steaksbury for years, they have NO standards. . .

:wave: :wave:

buy-bye burger bill. . . .

Lonestar
04-01-2008, 12:14 AM

now we are left with kilts.. not a goood trade off..

Tned
04-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I liked Scheffter

vtroper
04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I see that our old friend Bill Williamson has been writing some columns for ESPN.com of late. Anyone know if he's still with the DP or has he gone to work for the 4 letter website full time?

BeefStew25
04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12333

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:24 AM
The last story of his I see was on March 7. I would imagine that he's made the switch to ESPN full time, since he's not a Page 2 columnist.

Typically, though, ESPN has lot of guys who write for other outlets as well as themselves. I'll check my sports journalist job website when I get home at lunch...don't exactly want to do that at work.

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 10:24 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12333

I missed that beef.

I wonder if the Post has an opening :confused:

shank
04-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I liked Scheffter

i still do.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 03:12 PM
His latest article on ESPN suggest these the the team needs of the AFC West

Denver: Defensive tackle, linebacker, safety, offensive line, receiver, kicker, punter.

Kansas City: Quarterback, receiver, offensive line, defensive tackle, cornerback.

Oakland: Offensive line, defensive line, receiver, safety.

San Diego: Not much.

Lonestar
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM

Denver: Defensive tackle, linebacker, safety, offensive line, receiver, kicker, punter. General Manager

Kansas City: Quarterback, receiver, offensive line, defensive tackle, cornerback. head coach

Oakland: Offensive line, defensive line, receiver, safety. living breathing owner

San Diego:Not much winning Head COACH.

see above

BigDaddyBronco
04-14-2008, 05:46 PM

Denver: Defensive tackle, linebacker, safety, offensive line, receiver, kicker, punter.

Kansas City: Quarterback, receiver, offensive line, defensive tackle, cornerback.

Oakland: Offensive line, defensive line, receiver, safety.

San Diego: Not much.

Can San Diego draft some class for Phillip Rivers?

MOtorboat
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM

No, but when the linebacker that he finally pisses off enough literally takes his head off, they'll need to draft a new QB.

Lonestar
04-14-2008, 05:51 PM

I remember Sharpe doing some stupid stuff also.. It was funny on our side of the field..

Rivers did show little class and put up alot of poster board fodder for OUR guys to remember.. But right now they have a lot better players than we do.. Especially on D.. IF and when they go FA or we are able to draft some STUDS then we have a chance at shoving that lack of class up is ass.
Till then a lot of mocking is going to be going on..

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
At least Woody Paige is still in Denver. Most everyone hates his antics but I for one enjoy his take. He's funny and definitely not the everyday mundane stuff everyone reads in every city in every paper and article.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I enjoy Woody Paige's stuff as well, but my favorite is Lee Rasizer.

Nature Boy
04-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Rivers did show little class and put up alot of poster board fodder for OUR guys to remember.. But right now they have a lot better players than we do.. Especially on D.. IF and when they go FA or we are able to draft some STUDS then we have a chance at shoving that lack of class up is ass.
Till then a lot of mocking is going to be going on..

The Chargers were the Broncos whipping boy and they rode the in the back seat of the AFC West for more than a decade til only just recently. I remember Al Wilson, 2-3 years ago after a lost to SD got all wild up, talking about how "They don't respect the us no more." Phillip Rivers only dumped a barrel of gasoline to that fire.

I actually liked what Phillip Rivers did. It's only competitive bantering and if Cutler and the boys don't like it, they can shut him up on the field. No use in crying about it, pointing fingers, "He, #17, made fun of me and laughed at me."

Superchop 7
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Coyer would have sent the punt rush team at him till he rattled his (Rivers) cage.