PDA

View Full Version : Goal Line Blitz

PatricktheDookie
03-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Okay, first off, I hate annoying spam posts when someone wants you to join some random online thing. The only reason I post this is that I was pretty impressed, and because it's Broncos-community relevant.

Some guy posted on the Broncomania forums about an online text-based football mmo. Basically, you create a player, have him join a team, and his stats and such are simulated while you improve his various stats. If you're into that kind of stuff, it's really neat.

One Broncos fan even spent some cash to make his own team, so we're going to have a team of Bronco fans. I figure some of you guys might be interested before all the slots fill up.

The thread is located here:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=113778

I made a WR named Circus Kircus. Somewhere on the second page of that thread is a list of what positions are currently available.

There's also a referral system that you can use to help your teammates, so when you go to the web site to sign up, use someone's referral link if possible. People posted their referral links throughout the thread.

Again, my apologies if this is is considered spam, and I wouldn't post here if I didn't have some solid standing on the Broncomania forums, at least. But I think this could be fun for many people.

If this was already posted, let me know and I'll delete the post.

shank
03-29-2008, 01:42 AM
im bored, and will do it. seems cool so far lol :salute:

honz
03-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I started playing this a couple of days ago...it's pretty fun.

Hoshdude7
03-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Started today. lots of fun.

Use my link though plz. Theres malware in the other one. lol

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2221781

shank
03-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Started today. lots of fun.

Use my link though plz.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2221781

no, use my link:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2086919

it's more better. much faster and easier (lol, links are for referals, gives the user extra points to make new players, equipment and such).

i made 2 players a WR chris sexton and a C matt trebek.
trebek just signed a 2 year deal with berlin blitzkreig and sexton just signed with the the u canes for a guarantee at a starting role.

Lonestar
03-29-2008, 11:31 PM
Lets knock off all of the referals to link crap your all acting like CP ladies of the evening..

shank
03-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Lets knock off all of the referals to link crap your all acting like CP ladies of the evening..

you're just jealous

;)

Lonestar
03-29-2008, 11:50 PM
you're just jealous

;)

I chose not to spread my seed over the INTERNET sites..

OB
03-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I chose not to spread my seed over the INTERNET sites..

Well theres no point in coming here anymore ;)

Hoshdude7
03-30-2008, 08:03 AM
I made a center that is starting and a kicker and SS who are on Cp leagues

Beastlyskronk
03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
post edited by moderator

Bronco4life6
03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
or you can give me the reference :) http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=312646

If this is spamming please delete my post I do not mean to be spamming.

Astrass
04-01-2008, 05:46 PM
FYI guys, if you are on the Mile High Mustangs in the West Euro League, check the team forums for info we have been discussing. Click forums on the top of the page and scroll to the bottom.

If your not on our team and want in send me(Ziggy) or the owner (Geandily) a PM in game. We do need at least one starter at FS. The rest of the starter spots are pretty much taken. We do need back-ups though.

Beastlyskronk
04-01-2008, 07:39 PM
aaa

shank
04-02-2008, 11:22 PM
still playing, and hopelessly addicted despite the extremely simple nature of the game.

i have a wr chris sexton, playing for the u canes in the oceana pro league zeta conference.

i have a c matt trebek, playing for the berlin blitzkrieg in the western europe aa league alpha conference

and i just created a cb, andrew largeman, who is also playing for berlin. (cool team owner, needed another player).

if any of your player's teams play the u canes or the blitzkrieg, let me know!

(shameless referal link in my sig as well)

BOSSHOGG30
04-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I created a player but no one has signed me yet. I decided to be a FS. Hopefully I can become employed soon.

Astrass
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
PM Ziggy in game I think we have room for ya.

nj10
04-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Anyone need a TE?

shank
04-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I created a player but no one has signed me yet. I decided to be a FS. Hopefully I can become employed soon.

Anyone need a TE?

go to the forums and create a thread advertising your player as available.

you guys are FS and TE?

let me see if either of my teams have room.

names?

nj10
04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Nate James

nj10
04-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I just got signed...as a backup. I want to start on a team but I'm only a level 1. How do you up your levels?

EDIT: figured it out...Someone use my link...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=5194863

BOSSHOGG30
04-10-2008, 10:11 AM
I was signed by an Asian team... I'm currently 4th of the depth chart at FS.... I must suck pretty hard core. Easy 500 bucks a day thought just riding the bench... what can I buy with all the money I'm making?

BOSSHOGG30
04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Sucks the only way you can get flex points is to use paypal.

shank
04-10-2008, 04:54 PM
I was signed by an Asian team... I'm currently 4th of the depth chart at FS.... I must suck pretty hard core. Easy 500 bucks a day thought just riding the bench... what can I buy with all the money I'm making?

use money to train your player. relaxed/normal/intense training costs different amounts and uses different amounts of energy.

if you are 4th string, you may be able to train on intense most of the time to get better, as you don't have to conserve as much energy for the game as a starter would have to.

you can also buy equipment that gives bonuses to attributes.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=835362 my referal

my players
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=40446 would love to be traded to be able to play

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=73714 my center

Astrass
04-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Just an update, your Mile High Mustangs have just won their 1st play-off game and are riding a 4 game winning streak to the next game. Our past 4 wins have been against #1 and #2 teams in the leagues. We started as 7th seed in the play-offs and no one wants to play us right now.

BOSSHOGG30
04-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Just an update, your Mile High Mustangs have just won their 1st play-off game and are riding a 4 game winning streak to the next game. Our past 4 wins have been against #1 and #2 teams in the leagues. We started as 7th seed in the play-offs and no one wants to play us right now.

Astrass... when are you guys going to trade for me? I'm going to be a Level 2 FS soon.

shank
04-14-2008, 06:46 PM
my players are 1-1 in the playoffs.

my center and cb are on the same team and we won game one 34-7.

my wr is on a different team and we got shut out 13-0 in game one :(

Astrass
04-15-2008, 02:58 AM
PM Ziggy in game I think we have room for ya.

See above :) Though, we'll have to see if there is room left now.

missingnumber7
05-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Orangemane has got a team...http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=1567 the Orange Maners are .500 right now. finally got all human starters and are working on our depth. We are in the USA BBB #10 league.

BOSSHOGG30
05-09-2008, 02:51 PM
My FS is a level 6 right now, about to be a level 7 by tomorrow.

shank
05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
My FS is a level 6 right now, about to be a level 7 by tomorrow.

did you ever figure out what was going on with paypal, or did you give up on boosting?

BOSSHOGG30
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
did you ever figure out what was going on with paypal, or did you give up on boosting?

no, i've had to progress without buying flex points. It pains me to see everyone ranked higher than me because I know they bought their players ratings... I've had to earn mine the hard way. :D

Hoshdude7
05-12-2008, 08:24 PM
If anyone here who can't buy flex points (because their parents won't let them) here is a place to earn money. You fill out surveys and get points for cash. Every point is one dollar. This is not a scam, I just got some money from them to my Paypal. It's tedious work but if you got 30 minutes a day, give it a try. I pick the easy surveys to do, as they add up after a while. Also if you sign up, make sure to give them accurate information, you have to leave a voice mail for them and leave them your info when you request your money. For Paypal it only takes 24 hours to get your money.

You know how the referrals work--

http://www.cashlagoon.com/?ref=48740

Astrass
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey Guys,

I (Ziggy) couldn't deal with the kids on the Mustangs anymore, sorry to leave you all. The way that Carne and Grand Wizard1 (racist name?) was talking to people was BS and Gean let them. I'm pretty sure Carn and Grand Wizard1 are the same person but if not that's even worse to have two people like that on the team.

Here's and example of how they talk to their team mates (censored)

Date: May 12, 2008 17:17:56
Subject: Bad Threads
To: Grand Wizard1

I'd stop making threads if people started helping more.

*Reply to Joro*

Date: May 12, 2008 19:18:13
Subject: Re: Bad Threads
To: JoRo

Listen you little f***ot. You switched out a HB with a lower level lower stat HB for no reason. You need to help yourself.

read more about this here: http://www.notacult.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8777

Also, here's a message from Carnequare after I cut myself from the team.

carnequare
Date Sent:
May 16, 2008 17:14:21
Subject:
Im sorry

hey f***ot, nice job talking about maturity and cutting your own players to make geandily lose. your players suck **** and im not grand wizard dips***, grand wizard is, SURPRISE, grand wizard dumb f***.

So, seeing as how this was supposed to be a team full of Bronco fans from here and other message boards I thought I'd warn you. There are many other teams that treat each other maturely and respectfully....this isn't one of them.

Beastlyskronk
05-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Everytime I try to login it tells me the server is under maitenance. It can be still under it because it has said that for the past 3 days. Can you guys login?

missingnumber7
05-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Sites working for me...try resetting cookies. What leagues are you guys in? Orange Maners are in USA BBB #10

Beastlyskronk
05-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Okay I can get in now

Tned
05-17-2008, 03:42 PM
So, is this thing any good? Is it a bait and switch to try and get you to spend money? What's the deal?

shank
05-17-2008, 04:30 PM
So, is this thing any good? Is it a bait and switch to try and get you to spend money? What's the deal?

with how it is now, it seems almost impossible to find and maintain a starting role on a team without spending money because their is 'boosting' which you have to buy flex points to do...

it can be done, but it seems tough. if your self-worth isn't grounded in starting on a fictional football team with a ficitonal player, then you should be able to have fun without spending any money at all lol.

depending on your level of involvement, it can be a fun little thing to check for 10 minutes a day and tweak your guy and watch his progress, or you can actively scout other teams and strategize and junk, spending lots of time on your team's forum.

Hoshdude7
05-18-2008, 02:16 PM
with how it is now, it seems almost impossible to find and maintain a starting role on a team without spending money because their is 'boosting' which you have to buy flex points to do...

it can be done, but it seems tough. if your self-worth isn't grounded in starting on a fictional football team with a ficitonal player, then you should be able to have fun without spending any money at all lol.

depending on your level of involvement, it can be a fun little thing to check for 10 minutes a day and tweak your guy and watch his progress, or you can actively scout other teams and strategize and junk, spending lots of time on your team's forum.

I must be doing it wrong considering I spend 2 hours a day...

shank
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I must be doing it wrong considering I spend 2 hours a day...

it can be a fun little thing to check for 10 minutes a day and tweak your guy and watch his progress, or you can actively scout other teams and strategize and junk, spending lots of time on your team's forum.

i spend some time each day scouting other teams and talking to my team on the forum, as well as planning what i want to do with my players' attributes... but my roommate just kinda checks it each day, looks at his stats, and levels up from time to time. it's a continuum.

BOSSHOGG30
05-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Turned to a level 9 today.... still 3rd and 4th string at the safety spot...sucks wang

Anyone want to trade for me I would appreciate it

Hoshdude7
05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Turned to a level 9 today.... still 3rd and 4th string at the safety spot...sucks wang

Anyone want to trade for me I would appreciate it

Try to join a league to where you can start. I don't think they would mind cutting a 3rd stringer.

BOSSHOGG30
05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Try to join a league to where you can start. I don't think they would mind cutting a 3rd stringer.

He won't cut me... he says I'm his best special teamer and we are one of the better teams in the conference and he doesn't want to cut depth.

shank
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
He won't cut me... he says I'm his best special teamer and we are one of the better teams in the conference and he doesn't want to cut depth.

that's lame... how much longer on your contract?

BOSSHOGG30
05-21-2008, 03:39 PM
that's lame... how much longer on your contract?

4 years

shank
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
i guess your only option is to seek out your own trade if your owner won't help you in any way (the jackass).

Retired_Member_001
05-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Is this HONESTLY any good?

shank
06-01-2008, 01:04 AM

it's simple, but lots of people like it. try it out

Northman
06-01-2008, 01:07 AM

It actually is kind of fun. But moreso if you become a starter.

shank
06-04-2008, 02:45 PM
one of my teams, the berlin blitzkrieg have gone from west europe aa to west europe pro in 2 seasons with 2 championships. i have a C and a CB on the team.
my other team has 2 first round playoff losses :(

how you guys doing?

BOSSHOGG30
06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
I have 3 players now.

HB, Level 4 (just created him) hasn't played a season yet. Signed by the Nashville Dores, USA A #5 (Eastern Conference)... They blow badly, but hopefully I can help them turn it around a little bit........

OT, Level 4 (just created him) same as above except team. He plays on the NORTHWOOD TROJANS, USA A #5 (Western Conference)

FS, Level 13, 3rd string FS and 2nd string punt returner. He plays on the Phoenix Firebirds, Southeast Asia A (Alpha Conference) we played for the Southeast Asia A Championship yesterday and lost, but we should still be moving up for season 3. We have a pretty good team with a lot of active players.

studbucket
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, this game is fun. I've been playing since mid-late March and have really enjoyed it. A friend and I have the Montevideo Stores in S.A. Pro League. We won the AAA League last year and went 16-0 in the regular season this year before getting bounced in the conference finals.

If you are a football fan you will enjoy it. Glad to see all of you guys found this game also!

studbucket
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
For what it's worth, the Stores are looking for a backup C (preferably level 10ish or higher), and either backup or starting NT and DEs, since we have some guys leaving this offseason.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=525

shank
06-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I have 3 players now.

HB, Level 4 (just created him) hasn't played a season yet. Signed by the Nashville Dores, USA A #5 (Eastern Conference)... They blow badly, but hopefully I can help them turn it around a little bit........

OT, Level 4 (just created him) same as above except team. He plays on the NORTHWOOD TROJANS, USA A #5 (Western Conference)

FS, Level 13, 3rd string FS and 2nd string punt returner. He plays on the Phoenix Firebirds, Southeast Asia A (Alpha Conference) we played for the Southeast Asia A Championship yesterday and lost, but we should still be moving up for season 3. We have a pretty good team with a lot of active players.

so you finally got the paypal thing worked out! (or do you just have THAT many references?!)

BOSSHOGG30
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
so you finally got the paypal thing worked out! (or do you just have THAT many references?!)

paypal...my FS kicks butt...too bad he doesn't get much playing time

I'm going to make my runningback into a stud and keep signing 1 or 2 year contracts till i get him to the level I want and lock up with a good team that I like.

Hoshdude7
06-06-2008, 08:21 AM
GLB is down. I don't know what to do...I have eaten to much cardboard and have lost control of my bowels. I need G...L...B.......

BOSSHOGG30
06-06-2008, 08:26 AM
GLB is down. I don't know what to do...I have eaten to much cardboard and have lost control of my bowels. I need G...L...B.......

It was working for me this morning.

shank
06-06-2008, 04:06 PM
they are making the offseason changes. 3-6 days of downtime

honz
06-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Ha, this game rocks. I have five players on two different teams and I am the OC for the Las Vegas Freebirds (USA AAA#2...we just moved up from AA#4, although we lost in the championship game).

Being the OC is a lot of fun, but it is rather time consuming and it can be annoying to have to scout teams and game plan when you have other stuff to do.

I spend WAY too much time on GLB...

Astrass
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey Guys,

Finally got my team up and running. If anyone of you are looking for a Bronco oriented team feel free to shoot me a PM in game. We do have some spots to fill at the moment.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=2741

shank
07-15-2008, 05:58 PM
sick, my wr's team just bumped off the #2 seed in the 1st round!

(10 Rec, 187.5yds, 2 TD) good friggin day

honz
07-19-2008, 11:19 PM
My Las Vegas Freebirds are headed to USA Pro! We moved up for the 2nd year in a row and play in the AAA#2 championship game in a couple of days.

studbucket
07-20-2008, 12:58 AM
My Las Vegas Freebirds are headed to USA Pro! We moved up for the 2nd year in a row and play in the AAA#2 championship game in a couple of days.

Congrats man!

The Pro leagues are a whole different ballgame, but you should succeed. We won S.A. AAA our first season, and are back in the Pro Championship game in our 3rd season. We don't blow anyone out anymore, but we win with defense.

Good luck!

Requiem / The Dagda
07-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I got banned from posting for four days. I only started like at the beginning of this year, I was able to get around 7 games in with my guys. I have a Level 9 FS, Level 7 DT and a Level 4 RB. I've spent like 30 bucks on the FLEXPOINTS, and I'm going to retire my FS because it's not a real cool position, get my FP's back from him and supe up my RB. Just made the RB last night, juiced him at the end of this year and will juice him at the beginning of next season, which is what -- two days away? It's gonna rock.

honz
07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Freebirds go 20-0 en route to a perfect season and USA AAA#2 championship. Step aside '72 Dolphins!

shank
07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
in regards to oceania pro pro bowl
anyone an unanimous selection, or near unanimous for the teams?

I would honestly have to go back through all of the submissions I received to be able to tell. If there was one player unanimously voted in though, my bet would be on Chris Sexton.

hells yeah baby, chris sexton is my WR. sorry, had to toot my horn a wee bit.

shank
08-06-2008, 04:38 PM
lol, my team is selling and my wr is open for trade.

log on today to see like 18 pms about him... every time i'd reply to one, i'd go back to my inbox to have 2 more new ones....

sheesh, finally narrowed it to 8 teams haha.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I have a DT that'll be Level 12 and a RB who is just level 8 after two games played. WOOT WOOT.

shank
08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
the pm's have slowed down, i think the tally now is at 37 offers...

dream, why didn't you use my referral link? you hate me don't you? i thought we were cool...