PDA

View Full Version : Josh wanted Quinn from the start.

atwater27
03-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Broncos' McDaniels says Brady Quinn was never part of Jay Cutler trade talks: Browns Insider
By Jamie Turner, The Plain Dealer
September 16, 2009, 7:09PM

Ed Reinke/Associated PressDenver head coach Josh McDaniels denied reports from last spring that the Broncos attempted to work a trade to get Brady Quinn from the Browns.BEREA, Ohio -- Broncos coach Josh McDaniels denied a report that he inquired about trading for Brady Quinn before the draft and said no talks took place between the two teams.
The Denver Post reported in April that the Broncos -- who were in the midst of trying to trade Jay Cutler -- called the Browns about Quinn, but were told he was unavailable.

Another report surfaced in the Washington Examiner that the Broncos were involved in three-way trade talks with Washington and Cleveland that would've sent to Quinn to Denver and Cutler to the Redskins. The source told the Examiner it was close to happening until the deal with the Browns unraveled. It also said the Broncos' first preference was Quinn, followed by Chicago's Kyle Orton.

The Broncos ultimately traded Cutler and a fifth-round pick to Chicago for Orton, two-first-round picks and a third.

At the time, Browns coach Eric Mangini said reports of the three-way trade talks were wrong. On Wednesday, during a conference call with Browns media, McDaniels said "no" when asked if he inquired about Quinn.

"There were a few teams that made calls to our organization, [General Manager] Brian Xanders and myself, inquiring about the whole situation with Jay, and Cleveland was not one of them," said McDaniels, a native of Barberton, Ohio. "There weren't that many teams that called to go ahead and put their name in the hat. Chicago obviously ended up being the one that we felt comfortable with and we're very happy that we have Kyle Orton and are moving forward as an organization."
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/09/broncos_mcdaniels_says_brady_q.html

broken12
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
my problem with this is if he wanted quinn he should have put a package together to get him last year! whats the dif!

FanInAZ
In other words, we should just ignore everything McD says at his press conferences and just wait to see who he actually signs.

atwater27
I think Josh got the guy he was looking for before he even talked to Chicago. And before you all start jumping to conclusions about my take on it, i'll stop you right there... I think it is McDaniels first good move. Brady has a ton more talent than Orton, a stronger arm and a stronger body. He is young and moldable, and that is exactly what Josh wants. Brady Quinn will start the regular season as Denver's starting quarterback, and I think it is the right move. I am not saying Quinn is Peyton Manning, but under the right tutelage he could live up to his potential and hype out of college.

broken12
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
i agree good move a year ago! this year not sure! what it says is we traded cutler for a backup qb, 5th string cb and a blocking te! so we really didnt get crap for cutler, who is as good if not better than quinn, i like the move myself, but to learn the offense, probable lock out, aging defense! dont see us gaining much!

atwater27
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
"I am coming for you, Kyle."

http://www.marksimpson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/brady_quinn_mh0007.jpg

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/66axaf5.jpg

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
What an effrin homo. Of all the players in the league, this is the one I wanted last. Gosh damn'it.

atwater27
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
What an effrin homo. Of all the players in the league, this is the one I wanted last. Gosh damn'it.

Maybe he and Kyle can bond easier than most competing quarterbacks....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3261844670_93e3293b10.jpg

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Maybe he and Kyle can bond easier than most competing quarterbacks....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3261844670_93e3293b10.jpg
2nd worst day of my life.
http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dawson-crying.jpg

Benetto
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
I think Josh got the guy he was looking for before he even talked to Chicago. And before you all start jumping to conclusions about my take on it, i'll stop you right there... I think it is McDaniels first good move. Brady has a ton more talent than Orton, a stronger arm and a stronger body. He is young and moldable, and that is exactly what Josh wants. Brady Quinn will start the regular season as Denver's starting quarterback, and I think it is the right move. I am not saying Quinn is Peyton Manning, but under the right tutelage he could live up to his potential and hype out of college.

Great post

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Lets hope Quin doesnt give the whole team aids.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM

Clay, you've never played football have you?

Because secure males who play the sport will goof off with friends, even joking about everything from being gay to hemroids...lol.

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Clay, you've never played football have you?

Because secure males who play the sport will goof off with friends, even joking about everything from being gay to hemroids...lol.

Ive played football but never been gay. Quinn is an effin homo. I cant believe this is happening to me.

elsid13
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
as I posted on the mane. We now have the three gayest QB in the NFL. McDaniels is on a mission to make the sequel to the movie Milk at Dove Valley.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Ive played football but never been gay. Quinn is an effin homo. I cant believe this is happening to me.

How is he gay? Just asking, I know who his girlfriend is and she is a hottie...so?

NameUsedBefore
03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Like half the anti-gay senators have entire families but they still find time to bang dudes on the side.

I think Clay has a point. And that point is that that picture proves Quinn is a raging, homosexual faggot.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
as I posted on the mane. We now have the three gayest QB in the NFL. McDaniels is on a mission to make the sequel to the movie Milk at Dove Valley.

wait.. I heard they were just calling Garcia

atwater27
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Like half the anti-gay senators have entire families but they still find time to bang dudes on the side.

I think Clay has a point. And that point is that that picture proves Quinn is a raging, homosexual faggot.

Yeah. the other half are the pro -gay senators who like to have tickle fights with interns. :rolleyes:

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Yeah...okay, I guess most of the football world is gay then, hell taking pictures like that is unheard of...lol.

NameUsedBefore
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah. the other half are the pro -gay senators who like to have tickle fights with interns. :rolleyes:

Theoretically, the entire legislature is a homosexual cesspool.

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
How is he gay? Just asking, I know who his girlfriend is and she is a hottie...so?

Cause he touches guys dicks.

topscribe
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM

:tsk:

-----

topscribe
03-14-2010, 05:57 PM
What this trade indicates to me is that the Broncos now will not be wasting a high draft choice on a QB . . .

-----

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM

I once got drunk at a college party and my friend grabbed my nuts and made a joke something like 'come on you young stud show me who's my daddy'. It was a joke, everyone laughed and knew as I knew that he was not gay, and I sure in the hell am not. I am secure in my sexuality and am far from pro gay...but wow. That is not a very good argument, I should go tell my wife of eight years that I must be a homo because of that joke!

:coffee:

dogfish
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
What this trade indicates to me is that the Broncos now will not be wasting a high draft choice on a QB . . .

-----

hey top, got any room left on the orton bandwagon?

i just became his second biggest fan on the board. . . . :tsk:

claymore
03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I once got drunk at a college party and my friend grabbed my nuts and made a joke something like 'come on you young stud show me who's my daddy'. It was a joke, everyone laughed and knew as I knew that he was not gay, and I sure in the hell am not. I am secure in my sexuality and am far from pro gay...but wow. That is not a very good argument, I should go tell my wife of eight years that I must be a homo because of that joke!

Did you pose for pictures while touching dicks? Quin has touched enough dicks to feel comfortable taking pictures of it. That is gay.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Did you pose for pictures while touching dicks? Quin has touched enough dicks to feel comfortable taking pictures of it. That is gay.

Clay, bro...you are buying way to much into the touching dicks department. He has a girlfriend, but if you really want to believe that he's gay, well that is your choice...and if you want to prove it to us, then get a picture of him actually doing more with a dick then just putting his hand on it.

gregbroncs
03-14-2010, 06:08 PM
In other words, we should just ignore everything McD says at his press conferences and just wait to see who he actually signs.As it is with most good personnel people. As it should be.

elsid13
03-14-2010, 07:18 PM

There are some things that shouldn't be shared. :D

jlarsiii
03-14-2010, 07:22 PM

From an outside perspective. I don't know you or the guy that was fondling your crotch, but based on what you wrote I would have thought the crotch ninja was probably gay. Just my opinion. . .

Lancane
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
There are some things that shouldn't be shared. :D

:lol: Why not? It's not like I'm running for office or anything. Anyone who has been a part of a tight group of ball players gets use to such comedic situations. Whether it be just playing and impersonating as a gay person, hugging a friend and making a joke about it...whatever, there is no underlined meaning to it.

Now if he gave it to his tight end up the brown-eye and gave his running back a blow job, well then he is proven to be gay.

Poet
03-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Claymore, you have redeemed yourself.

WARHORSE
03-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Gettin back to football, Im okay with this mostly.

Number one, its not like Cleveland ever had someone coaching there that knew anything about quarterbacking.

Number two, Quinn makes very quick decisions, and had WHO to throw it to?

Please do not say Braylon Edwards.

Number three, Quinn is very good on the short to intermediate routes, but never really threw the long passes, though he has the arm to do so.

Number four, hes better than Chrissy Simms, and we wont have to watch each game CRINGING every time KO takes a hit because we know Simms is waiting in the wings.

And Id rather keep Hillis, but not if we arent going to play him.

Thats my two sense....:coffee:

Dean
03-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Number one, its not like Cleveland ever had someone coaching there that knew anything about quarterbacking.

Number three, Quinn is very good on the short to intermediate routes, but never really threw the long passes, though he has the arm to do so.

Number four, hes better than Chrissy Simms, and we wont have to watch each game CRINGING every time KO takes a hit because we know Simms is waiting in the wings.

I would have preferred that they kept Hillis but let's be honest. He didn't get a chance to show what he could do last year and he wouldn't have been given a chance this year. He played well enough in 2008 for the Broncos to deserve a chance to play. If that was not going to be possible then he should move on. I wish him well.

As far as Brady Quinn goes, he seems to have some talent but he has kept it well hidden during game time. I don't know what to think about picking him up other than the FO isn't enamored with our present Qbs. :confused:

turftoad
03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Clay, bro...you are buying way to much into the touching dicks department. He has a girlfriend, but if you really want to believe that he's gay, well that is your choice...and if you want to prove it to us, then get a picture of him actually doing more with a dick then just putting his hand on it.

Dude, nothing you say is going to change Clays mind. But then, you don't him very well.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/17/brady-quinn-scrambles-over-gay-dating-scandal/

NFL baller Brady Quinn wants to make one thing clear: He'll huddle up with sweaty, muscular men -- he just won't date 'em. No matter what a gay dating website is leading people to believe.

A topless -- and really, really hot -- photo of the Cleveland Browns quarterback has been used to promote a dating website for months. The only problem -- nobody cleared it with Brady!

A rep for the Cleveland Browns tells us Brady had no knowledge of the ad saying, "He was not involved in posting photos."

Brady's lawyer has already taken action and has sent a cease and desist letter to the website today, demanding all photos of him be removed ASAP.

For the record, Brady is straight ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

JDL
03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
In other words, we should just ignore everything McD says at his press conferences and just wait to see who he actually signs.

pretty much

If Denver had interest in trading for him THIS year... after the poor year last year... then you know damn well McDaniels had SOME interest in him last year... any other line of thought is ridiculous... but are we really going to upset the starter... Orton? I mean really... he IS the guy and Quinn isn't going to supplant him immediately (if ever) - so there are always reasons why coaches simply lie to fans and the media. Some people like to pretend they don't but the reality is they pretty much have to sometimes.

Now if we can just draft Lefevour we will give ourselves a lot of nice options going into next year to see what sticks. QB is too important to leave the situation like we did last year... Simms and Orton were big time questions marks backed up by a 6th rd pick that wasn't supposed to even have a chance of being ready for several years. THAT was idiotic and honestly cost us the playoffs as much as anything (a competent backup allows us to win that Redskins matchup and maybe the rest of the year goes a tad differently.)

Anyway, Quinn will have to be rebuilt from the ground up... Browns did a terrible job developing the talent he has (because he does actually have SOME talent) don't know how much but no particularly reason he should have a 52% completion rating for his career..

Quinn became a starter during his true freshman season, and showed flashes of brilliance despite being held back by Tyrone Willingham’s offense. As a freshman, he threw for 1,831 yards, but had a completion percentage just over 47% and had a terrible TD/INT ratio of 9/15. He took that experience and improved as a sophomore, completing 54.1% of his passes, while throwing for 2,586 yards, and 17 touchdowns to 10 interceptions. Once Charlie Weis took over, Quinn’s brilliance emerged on a more consistent basis. He threw for a school record 3,633 yards and 32 touchdowns, while completing 64.9% of his passes with just seven interceptions. He did it again as a senior, throwing for 3,278 yards, while completing over 63% of his passes, and an outstanding 35/5 TD to INT ratio. He also won the Maxwell award and finished 3rd in the Heisman race.

Brady Quinn is the prototypical pocket passer. He has great size, along with the strength and willingness to sit in the pocket and deliver a strike. He has very good arm strength, and can make all the throws on the field. His accuracy has continued to improve every year, and he is on target on everything under 20 yards. Quinn is also a good athlete for a pocket passer, and he knows how to elude the rush and get the throw off. He also shows the ability to remain calm under pressure.

Picking something to criticize Quinn for is tough. He was very inconsistent his first two years, but once he was under the tutelage of Weis, he put it all together. As good as Quinn has been, he has not been able to win the big game. That is not all his fault, but the special ones seem to find a way to win the game.

JaMarcus Russell’s upside may have pushed him ahead of Quinn, but Brady is still a Top five talent, and will make some team looking for a QB very happy to land him.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/brady_quinn.html

It is interesting that it took Weis to bring out his accuracy and ability and Cleveland surely seems reminiscent of his early years at ND. What I would say is that he is NOT a big game QB and he will probably eventually supplant Orton (once he is deconstructed and reconstruced and put in a good situation around mid to late season (as we probably will be looking for a spark.) I think he can be a competent starter so it is a good trade but I honestly wouldn't 'count' on him. That is risky... allow Orton to be the starter, take the pressure off of him and allow him some tutelage time. Bring in a 3rd rd QB or so (someone like Lefevour with some good skills.) Worst case we have 3 options going forward and if Orton walks in a year, then we have a backup (at worst) waiting in the wings. I really wouldn't count on Brandstater being anything... success rate for 5-7th rd QBs is stupidly low and the exceptions don't disprove the luck involved and required and it would be asinine to put your franchises hopes on a longshot (especially when there are rumors that he didn't progress as the organization had hoped.)

Anyway - Josh wanted Quinn.. he now has him.. let's see what he can do with him... as the Browns weren't necessarily the best way to determine his capabilities.

jrelway
03-14-2010, 09:03 PM

lol

JDL
03-14-2010, 09:04 PM

Actually - that's one of his issues... and really not true... Quinn is sometimes slow to 'see' what is happening despite his intellectual approach... and he gets on the move a little bit and doesn't throw as accurately. He needs a system that takes some of the thinking out - at least for awhile. He is capable... but something you cite as a good quality is simply not a trait he has right now... but he could, in time.

topscribe
03-14-2010, 09:45 PM
I would have preferred that they kept Hillis but let's be honest. He didn't get a chance to show what he could do last year and he wouldn't have been given a chance this year. He played well enough in 2008 for the Broncos to deserve a chance to play. If that was not going to be possible then he should move on. I wish him well.

As far as Brady Quinn goes, he seems to have some talent but he has kept it well hidden during game time. I don't know what to think about picking him up other than the FO isn't enamored with our present Qbs. :confused:

It's very safe to say the FO isn't enamored with Simms. So it is no surprised
they made a move at least to supplant him . . .

-----

broken12
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
bad thing is after a 3 yr contract that payed more than the starting qb at the time showed that they were!

Lancane
03-14-2010, 09:56 PM

-----

I would agree, but if all they wanted was a backup quarterback...then why not sign someone who would have cost far less, not to mention two picks? I know the media is reporting that he is to help push Orton along and to be the backup, and though the cost is fairly cheap...the rest of it makes no sense. Sounds to me to be more smoke and mirrors, we know that he wanted Quinn over Orton last year, now he has him and it is to be the backup? Garcia, Culpepper and a plethura of others were just as capable. And if he is so high on Brandstater, then wouldn't he be the favorite to be the backup this year?

I just can not buy it...maybe it was a move to get Orton to sign a short-term contract, but that is an awful lot to give up for such a move! Especially when Bowlen has been stating that he wants a franchise quarterback, why not risk drafting a kid to learn and play behind Brandstater and Orton, it just does not smell right to me Top...maybe he will trade for Cassell, or something else is up. But there is more to this then we have seen as yet.

topscribe
03-14-2010, 10:02 PM
I would agree, but if all they wanted was a backup quarterback...then why not sign someone who would have cost far less, not to mention two picks? I know the media is reporting that he is to help push Orton along and to be the backup, and though the cost is fairly cheap...the rest of it makes no sense. Sounds to me to be more smoke and mirrors, we know that he wanted Quinn over Orton last year, now he has him and it is to be the backup? Garcia, Culpepper and a plethura of others were just as capable. And if he is so high on Brandstater, then wouldn't he be the favorite to be the backup this year?

I just can not buy it...maybe it was a move to get Orton to sign a short-term contract, but that is an awful lot to give up for such a move! Especially when Bowlen has been stating that he wants a franchise quarterback, why not risk drafting a kid to learn and play behind Brandstater and Orton, it just does not smell right to me Top...maybe he will trade for Cassell, or something else is up. But there is more to this then we have seen as yet.

Oh, there's no doubt Quinn will be given the chance to compete with Orton.
But then, Simms would have been given the ongoing chance to compete, had
he worked out. The best player is going to get onto the field, no matter what
his name is. Period.

The thing to keep in mind regarding the value of the trade is that both picks
are reported to be low round, and Hillis is at least the third-string RB. So it
isn't as if the Broncos gave up the farm for Quinn . . .

-----

Lancane
03-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Oh, there's no doubt Quinn will be given the chance to compete with Orton.
But then, Simms would have been given the ongoing chance to compete, had
he worked out. The best player is going to get onto the field, no matter what
his name is. Period.

The thing to keep in mind regarding the value of the trade is that both picks
are reported to be low round, and Hillis is at least the third-string RB. So it
isn't as if the Broncos gave up the farm for Quinn . . .

-----

Well, I know that Quinn is fairly cheap, I think his base is 1.4 million total for the next two years, but if he takes over 70% of the snaps then he will be due 5.9 million in 2011. He has only two years remaining on his contract, so it still does not make total sense to me. I admit that if he remains the backup then he only gets 700,000 for the next two seasons...but why waste the roster spot?...we all know that Denver scouts and coaches were looking at quarterbacks to draft, so are they cutting ties with Brandstater already as well? See what I'm saying...or are we going with four: Rookie, Brandstater, Quinn and Orton. Or is McDaniels going to ignore the fact that Bowlen wants a franchise quarterback?...

GEM
03-14-2010, 10:38 PM
"I am coming for you, Kyle."

http://www.marksimpson.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/brady_quinn_mh0007.jpg

He's gonna look hellagood in blue and orange. :heh:

GEM
03-14-2010, 10:40 PM

Take this crap to the lounge Clay. :yardog:

frauschieze
03-14-2010, 11:00 PM
He's gonna look hellagood in blue and orange. :heh:

:puke:

He looks like a caveman in that photo.

GEM
03-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Different strokes for different folks....I wouldn't kick him outta bed. :lol:

turftoad
03-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Orton and Quinn are very similar in the fact they both have weak arms and struggle to throw the ball deep down the field with accuracy.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Orton and Quinn are very similar in the fact they both have weak arms and struggle to throw the ball deep down the field with accuracy.

Eh? Actually Quinn has a pretty strong arm...anyone who saw him play college ball would know that. The problem he had in Cleveland is lack of talent around him and a system he did not fit well in, not to mention crap coaches...

turftoad
03-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Eh? Actually Quinn has a pretty strong arm...anyone who saw him play college ball would know that. The problem he had in Cleveland is lack of talent around him and a system he did not fit well in, not to mention crap coaches...

I have been surfing the net looking for responses of the trade from others that aren't Broncos fans.

Pretty much the consensus is that Quinn and Orton are pretty similar. Most talk about arm strength.
This comes from people that saw him in college and in Clev.

JDL
03-14-2010, 11:57 PM
I have been surfing the net looking for responses of the trade from others that aren't Broncos fans.

Pretty much the consensus is that Quinn and Orton are pretty similar. Most talk about arm strength.
This comes from people that saw him in college and in Clev.

They're wrong... it is sometimes hard to recognize these things on TV. Did you know Mortenson has long claimed Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL? I would have never even thought that watching him and perhaps Quinn gets that wrap since he's thrown some wobblers in Cleveland... but the overall consensus actually from scouts is that he has a strong arm and is a pure pocket passer. Orton can get the ball deep, but watch him... he has to lunge into those passes and it causes him to be wildly inaccurate. Brady can get it deep while maintaining his throwing form (which would theoretically allow him to be more accurate downfield), but since he hasn't necessarily been accurate downfield... doesn't really matter.... but that was the thing with Jake Plummer ... he throw high arching (punts) of passes deep and was bailed out time and again by Lelie.

So, Quinn's arm > Orton's... Quinn's accuracy downfield so far probably = Orton's... but Quinn CAN actually hit a WR on a slant route who isn't as big as Marshall... something Orton sucks at... so from that standpoint and maybe medium range throws is where you have to look.

ikillz0mbies
03-15-2010, 12:03 AM

With the way this thread is going, I would use a different phrase. Just saying :D

turftoad
03-15-2010, 12:03 AM
They're wrong... it is sometimes hard to recognize these things on TV. Did you know Mortenson has long claimed Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL? I would have never even thought that watching him and perhaps Quinn gets that wrap since he's thrown some wobblers in Cleveland... but the overall consensus actually from scouts is that he has a strong arm and is a pure pocket passer. Orton can get the ball deep, but watch him... he has to lunge into those passes and it causes him to be wildly inaccurate. Brady can get it deep while maintaining his throwing form (which would theoretically allow him to be more accurate downfield), but since he hasn't necessarily been accurate downfield... doesn't really matter.... but that was the thing with Jake Plummer ... he throw high arching (punts) of passes deep and was bailed out time and again by Lelie.

So, Quinn's arm > Orton's... Quinn's accuracy downfield so far probably = Orton's... but Quinn CAN actually hit a WR on a slant route who isn't as big as Marshall... something Orton sucks at... so from that standpoint and maybe medium range throws is where you have to look.

Guess I'll have to watch some stuff on him and make up my own mind. Thanks for the input, I appriciate it.

Tned
03-15-2010, 01:14 AM

I'm assuming that the Brady that Mortenson is referring
to is Tom Brady, rather than Brady Quinn. If so, then I am not surprised.

During the last offseason, when some people were selling Orton hard and a perfect fit for McDaniels offense, they would claim that Brady doesn't have a strong arm, but look how effective he has been.

I pointed out multiple times that Brady does, in fact, have a VERY strong arm, and that the fact that the offense was primarily a short passing offense should not lead you to believe Brady has a noodle arm (some were claiming that Orton had a stronger arm than Brady).

If you watch Brady, when it comes to the long, but non bomb throws, say the 25-35 yard throws, he zips them on a rope, even if it is across the field. When he does throw the bomb, it is a nice, medium arched ball, rather than the big giraffe ass (high and stinks) throws that so many throw when they wind up to throw the long ball.

I have not seen enough of Quinn to have an assessment on his arm. I do think that Orton has a better arm than he is given credit for, but not in the same class as Brady. Orton's problem on long throws is more about being inaccurate than it is about having a weak arm.

arapaho2
03-15-2010, 11:41 AM

-----

i'd say with the reluctance to sign orton long term..then being willing to trade a potential weapon in hillis shows that they may not be enamored with orton either

im not happy about hillis...but at least we didnt cut him and got some great value for him...quinn will surpass orton soon enough and orton will be sitting on the bench for some other team by 2011

claymore
03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Take this crap to the lounge Clay. :yardog:

:confused:

topscribe
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
i'd say with the reluctance to sign orton long term..then being willing to trade a potential weapon in hillis shows that they may not be enamored with orton either

im not happy about hillis...but at least we didnt cut him and got some great value for him...quinn will surpass orton soon enough and orton will be sitting on the bench for some other team by 2011

Well, if that happens, I will be tickled. Replacing an incumbent starter at any
position represents an upgrade at that position, improving the team overall. So,
if Quinn beats out Orton, then we will have a better player at QB. That's the
way it works, as you know.

Of course, if Orton maintains his starting status, then that still means the
best QB on the team is there. So either way I'll be happy. :)

-----

T.K.O.
03-15-2010, 12:00 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FpJxMyAr6TU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FpJxMyAr6TU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>