PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn Traded to Denver for Hillis + two picks

Pages : [1] 2

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:09 PM
According to Jay Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer)

I'm reporting brady quinn was just traded to denver for peyton hillis and 2 conditional draft picks.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
trying to start a fight? :laugh:

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Browns acquired FB Peyton Hillis and two conditional draft picks from the Broncos in exchange for QB Brady Quinn.
Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Ziggy
03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Let the meltdown begin!

dogfish
FML

it just HAD to happen, didn't it?

:mad:

JONtheBRONCO
This is indeed real people.

Ravage!!!
its real? MOTHER **************************

Northman
If true, very interesting. I wonder what picks we had to give up?

atwater27
Holy ******* shit

Dreadnought
03-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Unbelievable. I have tropical fish that could manage a football roster better than this imbecile

Tned
trying to start a fight? :laugh:

I wish. Not sure what I think about this, since as it's well known, I think Hillis has some upside.

Northman
Guess it wont be a QB taken in the first round this year if thats the case. lol

Lancane
03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
If true, very interesting. I wonder what picks we had to give up?

The picks are conditional, which tells me that Denver is looking at Quinn to challange to be the starting quarterback.

Northman
03-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I wish. Not sure what I think about this, since as it's well known, I think Hillis has some upside.

Im not really worried about Hillis, i didnt see him getting a whole lot of playing time anyway. But what picks did they say?

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Well... lets see. McD has said over and over again how much he likes Hillis, and looks forward having Hillis on the team, and knows Hillis will be a big part of our team for years.

Those of you that have quoted McD on Marshall still think that he really wants Brandon on the team due to the quotes he's had to the media?

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:14 PM

When I said that, the only thing you had in yoru post was "..." after the title :lol:

Thought you were going to bring up a "what if" scenario.

Northman
03-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Well... lets see. McD has said over and over again how much he likes Hillis, and looks forward having Hillis on the team, and knows Hillis will be a big part of our team for years.

Those of you that have quoted McD on Marshall still think that he really wants Brandon on the team due to the quotes he's had to the media?

As you said, can never trust a coach on what he says. Shanny showed us just that. lol

Dreadnought
03-14-2010, 04:15 PM

Say, you think he might be making stuff up and saying stuff that isn't true?

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
For all of you already complaining or to those who will, who would you rather have as a back-up? Quinn? Or Simms? Come on now, I'll take Quinn over Simms any day of the week. As for Tom Brandstater, he remains a project, this isn't all that bad (pending draft compensation).

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Im not really worried about Hillis, i didnt see him getting a whole lot of playing time anyway. But what picks did they say?

So far, no reports on what the picks will be or could be.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Actually, I am quite happy with this...Quinn has a whole hell of a lot of untapped potential, he was abused by Cleveland's inept staff who were looking for another Payton Manning, not a Tony Romo who needs actually to be coached...lol.

JONtheBRONCO
2 conditional draft picks

Zweems56
just read that on the tweetskis. Seriously? Did not expect that. Not sure how I feel. My girlfrie.d just got wet in tje panties though

Lancane
For all of you already complaining or to those who will, who would you rather have as a back-up? Quinn? Or Simms? Come on now, I'll take Quinn over Simms any day of the week. As for Tom Brandstater, he remains a project, this isn't all that bad (pending draft compensation).

Do you really think Quinn was traded to be the backup?...:lol:

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:18 PM

The real question, which we will be dealing with for the next six months, is who would you rather have as a backup, Orton or Quinn.

BroncoBJ
The picks we gave up are a 1st and a 4th. :fight:

:lol: jk.

Hopefully its not much but damn, Ever since college I've never liked Quinn and I've always bashed him and now hes on the Broncos. :fight:

Sure doesn't make my Sunday any better. Oh well.

dogfish
did we actually give up TWO picks?

i'm reading that right?

i'm not confused, and they're actually sending us picks?

my god. . . and i talked bad about derek anderson and jake delhomme in that other thread, too. . .

this is surreal-- i need a beer!

the browns have been trying to pawn that piece of garbage off on anyone who would take him for the last couple of years-- and with all the QB-desperate teams out there, i can't believe WE were the suckers who finally bit. . . :lol::lol:

:frusty:

broncohead
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Do you really think Quinn was traded to be the backup?...:lol:

He was traded to compete against Orton

atwater27
03-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I have no idea what to think of this. I really can't say it's bad or good. Can't be good for Orton.

Italianmobstr7
I LOVE this! Brady Quinn baby!!!

Zweems56
Officially hillis, 6th in 2011, and conditional in 2012

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:21 PM
According to Adam Schefter:

Broncos traded FB Peyton Hillis, a 2011 6th-round draft selection and a late-round 2012 pick to Cleveland for quarterback Brady Quinn.

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, he will compete, but for now, he is the back-up. Orton has 1 season under his belt under Mcdaniels. Unless Quinn comes out and impresses the Denver brass, he will remain QB2.

While Quinn won't be guaranteed anything in Denver -- he'll have to beat out Tom Brandstater and Chris Simms just to threaten Kyle Orton -- the move is a best-case landing spot for the former No. 22 overall pick. At Notre Dame, Quinn played in essentially an identical offense to the one Josh McDaniels runs in Denver, and McDaniels' track record of coaching up QBs is highly impressive. Quinn is again a worthwhile stash in dynasty leagues.

UnderArmour
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll have to see the picks before I fully comment, but I love this trade. Brady Quinn looked great at moments in Cleveland and was never given a real opportunity to succeed. The guy had his go-to receiver traded to Tampa Bay and his #1 threat shipped off to the Jets(when he wasn't dropping balls). He'll be a good, if not great quarterback in Denver for many years to come.

EDIT: Yeah, a low risk trade. Well worth it.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
I agree. Every coach lies to the media, that wasn't a shot at McD at all. It was made to be apoint that so many have taken his word to the media as gospel.

I also agree that he's brought in to compete with Orton. That says a couple things... but it absolutely tells us that McD wasn't as happy with Orton's "fantastic season" as some around here thought he was.

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Here we go....Hillis is gone....and now....let the haters unleash their fury....

Anyway it does suck to see Hillis go, but I am curious to see what McDaniels can do with Quinn. Hopefully he can turn him into the QB that he was hyped up to be. I don't think this is a huge loss at all. Hillis was rarely used last season and doesn't make sense for him to just sit there. Next up to go: Scheffler (I hope Marshall's still in Denver).

dogfish
03-14-2010, 04:24 PM

ya know, we all knew he was gonna get rid of the kid-- it was no big secret. . .

couldn't he have just cut him, or even paid someone a draft pick to take him off our hands?

For all of you already complaining or to those who will, who would you rather have as a back-up? Quinn? Or Simms?

simms. . . or troy smith, kyle boller, danny kannel, dj shockley, joey harrington, or pretty much any other scrub you could name other than maybe colt brennan. . .

broncofaninfla
03-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Hillis is going to make Mcd and Xanders look like fools in 2010. Cleveland is going to love Hillis. If Quinn doesn't challenge Orton for the starting qb job this trade could one of Mcds biggest mistakes. 3 guys for Brady Quinn, really?! Neither Orton or Quinn can perform under heavy pressure so they better make the right moves on the o line or Mcd could be out of a job in 2011. Time will tell but I don't like this trade at all.

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Could be exciting if the potential is tapped. McD has done some solid work with QB's, so this is something to be excited about, regardless of what your opinion of Quinn is. The fact we got rid of a player (who I liked a lot) that didn't fit the scheme, and gained one who just might, is a win for our club (especially considering how awful Simms looked). Throw in a conditional 6th rounder in 2011 and another conditional pick in 2012, Denver looks like the winner in this trade.

broken12
03-14-2010, 04:26 PM
what a waste! all i can say is this speaks what he thinks of orton, who he wanted! mistake! i like quinn but at the same time we had a guy as good as him on the roster last season! now what 2 years before he learns the offense also! wow waiting game begins and now with the threat of a lockout! wow, mcd should have just appologized to the guy we had before and with the moves made last season to go with this season, i think we would have been a legitamite threat to win a superbowl! imo

broncobryce
This is great news. Not sure how good Quinn is or could be, but Hillis never played and a 6th round pick and late(probably 6 or 7th round) the following year is well worth it. The guy knows this offense already.

dogfish
I have no idea what to think of this. I really can't say it's bad or good. Can't be good for Orton.

won't hurt orton any. . . orton looks like elway compared to this bum. . .

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 04:28 PM
You guys are crazy. At least we are making moves and trying to get better. I hope some of you guys have to eat major crow.

Buff
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I think we got great value for a QB who fits the system and at worst is a huge upgrade over Simms. I'll miss Hillis, but he wasn't going to see the field on McD's watch anyway.

Quinn's not going to be expected to be "the guy" here like he was in Cleveland, he's already light years ahead of any rookie we could have drafted--and I'd rather have Quinn than anyone outside of maybe Bradford in this year's draft crop anyway. I'll take Quinn over Clausen. And we don't have to give up a high draft pick.

I like the move.

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Could be exciting if the potential is tapped. McD has done some solid work with QB's, so this is something to be excited about, regardless of what your opinion of Quinn is. The fact we got rid of a player (who I liked a lot) that didn't fit the scheme, and gained one who just might, is a win for our club (especially considering how awful Simms looked). Throw in a conditional 6th rounder in 2011 and another conditional pick in 2012, Denver looks like the winner in this trade.

I don't think you can say Denver looks like the winner. Obviously, Quinns stock has fallen really far, when Seneca Wallace and a broken down Delhomme were traded for to replace him.

Until we see what, if anything, Hillis does in Cleveland, and what, if anything, Quinn does in Denver, we really can't even guess at which team came out on top. Right now it would be a coin toss.

broken12
03-14-2010, 04:33 PM
i dont mind the move didnt give up much for him, the way mcd used picks last year! but to start over for a guy he wanted in the first place he should have put a package together to aquire him last year! now what, he has two guys he wanted orton and quinn! lol, makes for good drama!

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Ok... so... who do we now trade Orton to? :D

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't think you can say Denver looks like the winner. Obviously, Quinns stock has fallen really far, when Seneca Wallace and a broken down Delhomme were traded for to replace him.

Until we see what, if anything, Hillis does in Cleveland, and what, if anything, Quinn does in Denver, we really can't even guess at which team came out on top. Right now it would be a coin toss.

Right now I'm just speculating, considering Hillis had no room in the backfield and that Quinn ran a similar offense at ND. Throw in McD's developmental abilities he has had with QB's, and I say Denver received good value in the trade. Thats it.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I thought Quinn was a lefty

**nope..... not**

atwater27
03-14-2010, 04:39 PM
One thing is for sure. training camp and the preseason games will be riveting at the QB position.

broken12
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Right now I'm just speculating, considering Hillis had no room in the backfield and that Quinn ran a similar offense at ND. Throw in McD's developmental abilities he has had with QB's, and I say Denver received good value in the trade. Thats it.

who has mcd developed! cassel didnt look to good last year, and brady was good before! lost! orton was always alright! please let me know!

Lancane
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok... so... who do we now trade Orton to? :D

Orton hasn't signed his tenure, he has no contract and he really is not worth starter money. Eventually I think he will sign the tenure and will be an unrestricted free agent come next year, but we tenured him with a first round pick, I do not see anyone signing him...we could trade him, maybe to Minnesota or Seattle...

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Didn't the Browns draft Winslow early, then move back up into the first and get Quinn in the same draft? Man... two first round picks from 2006 already traded off your team. Can you imagine trading away a first round QB from the first round already?

Nomad
Kap's got her man in a BRONCO uni now!:lol:

I try to stick up for McD and he does this! *sigh* Oh well, welcome to the BRONCOS Brady Quinn! Maybe McD can combine Tom Brandstater and Brady Quinn and then we'd have Tom Brady!!:lol:

This should mean Simms is bye bye!!

Denver Native (Carol)
http://www.denverpost.com/colorado/ci_14674926

CLEVELAND—The Cleveland Browns have traded quarterback Brady Quinn to the Denver Broncos for fullback Peyton Hillis and a 2011 draft pick.

The teams announced the trade Sunday and said the deal is pending physicals.

Quinn's departure comes one day after the Browns agreed to terms with free agent Jake Delhomme on a two-year contract.

Quinn went 3-9 in 12 starts for Cleveland, which acquired him in the first round of the 2007 draft.

BroncoWave
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow, I think we robbed them in this trade.

Glad we finally got rid of that loser Hillis.

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:42 PM

McD's QB development skills are still someone suspect. The only real credit on his record is one good year by Cassel. Brady was Brady before McDaniels was involved with QBs in NE.

If Hillis becomes a productive RB in Cleveland, and Quinn remains an interception throwing backup, like in Cleveland, then we'll look back on the trade badly.

IMO, there is a lot left to be written before we know whether or not we came out well on this trade.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Orton hasn't signed his tenure, he has no contract and he really is not worth starter money. Eventually I think he will sign the tenure and will be an unrestricted free agent come next year, but we tenured him with a first round pick, I do not see anyone signing him...we could trade him, maybe to Minnesota or Seattle...

:lol: Slow down Mr Laughs... I was just joking!!! :laugh:

But yeah.. I know you are right. Although I don't see how Minn or Seattle would be interested in Orton.

Northman
Wow, I think we robbed them in this trade.

Instigator. :lol:

atwater27

If Hillis is a loser, what does that make you?

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:45 PM
If Hillis is a loser, what does that make you?

He's just trying to start an argument

Denver Native (Carol)
Different opinions on what the Broncos gave up as far as draft picks

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/03/cleveland-browns-trade-qb-brady-quinn-to-denver-broncos/1

The Browns traded QB Brady Quinn to the Broncos on Sunday.

The Browns received RB Peyton Hillis, a sixth-round pick in 2011 and a condition pick in 2012 in return for the 2007 first-round pick.

Ziggy
Didn't the Browns draft Winslow early, then move back up into the first and get Quinn in the same draft? Man... two first round picks from 2006 already traded off your team. Can you imagine trading away a first round QB from the first round already?

No, it was Joe Thomas that they got early in that draft, then traded back in the 1st round to get Quinn.

Northman
If Hillis becomes a productive RB in Cleveland, and Quinn remains an interception throwing backup, like in Cleveland, then we'll look back on the trade badly.

Not necessarily. McD hardly even used Hillis so most will look at it like we had a stable full of RB's yet again and just cut one of them loose. Now, if Hillis goes and out rushes guys on our roster than it might look real bad. But im not sure if Cleveland is going to use Hillis as their primary back.

Nomad
03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Just think Mcd drafts Tebow and we'd have the buffest QBs in the league!:D

BroncoWave
03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh noes, we lost a guy who hasn't been above 3rd on the depth chart at RB since high school. Whatever shall we do!

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Stable full??? We have a stable of RBs?? Who are they?

Lancane
03-14-2010, 04:49 PM

Buckhalter, Moreno and Arrington.

LOL...

dogfish

no shit. . . . :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
Brady Quinn... Championship! :D

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about this yet. I honestly believe he's better than Orton which makes me happy, but like they say, "If you have two QBs you really have none".

Ahh well, Welcome aboard Brady! Here's to you beating out Orton in camp! :beer:

nevcraw
sigh -
and i was just warming up to Mcd again for his efforts going into this years draft.. and now he goes unloads a real football player for JP Losman / Brad Johnson the 2nd.
Good luck Hillis!! Glad someone with a Super Bowl pedigree sees your potential..

Northman

At the present time it was Moreno, Bucky, Arrington, and Hillis with a couple of others in there. Thats quite a bit of RB's there. But i know, you want to imply that i said they were HOF's. Guess what Rav, buzzz wrong. I didnt make that statement so chill brother.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:51 PM
At the present time it was Moreno, Bucky, Arrington, and Hillis with a couple of others in there. Thats quite a bit of RB's there. But i know, you want to imply that i said they were HOF's. Guess what Rav, buzzz wrong. I didnt make that statement so chill brother.

No.. I was just looking for a stable full of RBs. I guess I wasn't expecting just any RB to be counted as part of the 'stable.' I was looking for some horses.

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh noes, we lost a guy who hasn't been above 3rd on the depth chart at RB since high school. Whatever shall we do!

YES!!!!!!!! we gots us another mediocre QB - please rejoice.. back slaps all around..

atwater27
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
I will miss Hillis, but I am happy he has a chance to actually touch the ball somewhere else.

sneakers
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
The world is ending!!!!!!

Ziggy
03-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Someone blindfold Clay. When he see's this, his head might just explode.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Someone blindfold Clay. When he see's this, his head might just explode.

:shocked: Who's on suicide watch this month?

Lancane
03-14-2010, 04:55 PM
YES!!!!!!!! we gots us another mediocre QB - please rejoice.. back slaps all around..

Actually, I'm impressed with McDaniels more then I was because of this...Quinn could be a beast in the right system, based on athletic talent alone he is twice the quarterback that Orton is...and he is young enough to become a franchise quarterback.

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 04:55 PM
who has mcd developed! cassel didnt look to good last year, and brady was good before! lost! orton was always alright! please let me know!

You are right. Cassel looked pretty bad last year. But he didn't the year before, and thats why KC took the risk on him, paying him to a large contract and entrenching him as the future in KC. McDaniels was a large part of his success in NE. If you look at the year Tom Brady had the year before, and the success he had a good amount of the credit was given to Josh and the offense he was able to put together. Again, Orton wasn't a super star last year by any means, but considerably better than any year he's ever had.

I'm not interested in arguing or debating, have your opinion, and i'll have mine. That is all.

atwater27
03-14-2010, 04:56 PM
It's not that big of a trade. It just has a high profile draft pick from several years ago in it and a white boy running back who is good but Josh will never use for some reason. It could actually benefit both teams quite a bit. I am not enamored with Orton.

Broncogator
I guess this our "One Shinning Moment" for the offseason..:tsk:

dogfish
random comment from PFT:

Maybe the thin air will help him pass farther that 10 yards...

lol. . .

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Not necessarily. McD hardly even used Hillis so most will look at it like we had a stable full of RB's yet again and just cut one of them loose. Now, if Hillis goes and out rushes guys on our roster than it might look real bad. But im not sure if Cleveland is going to use Hillis as their primary back.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying we can't sit here and say we got the better half of the trade. Quinn's stock has plummeted.

I don't even know if Hillis will be in the mix for RB touches. Who do they have, Jenning and Harrison? He might be given a shot in camp to win the starting job, but he might not. Hard to say. It would seem CLE saw some value in Hillis, or else they really think nothing of Quinn and felt they could get nothing in return for him.

JONtheBRONCO
McD's QB development skills are still someone suspect. The only real credit on his record is one good year by Cassel. Brady was Brady before McDaniels was involved with QBs in NE.

IMO, there is a lot left to be written before we know whether or not we came out well on this trade.

Great. And good for you and YOUR opinion.

titan
Sounds like a reasonable gamble on the Broncos part.

I thought Quinn looked pretty good in a preseason game in Denver I attended when Quinn was a rookie. He knows the McD system from playing under Weiss at Notre Dame.

Draft picks don't sound like much (#6 and a conditional). Hillis just didn't seem to fit in the McD offense, and for all the love he got he didn't perform when given a chance in 2009 (fumble on a kickoff return and other mistakes). I did like Hillis in 2008 but he had a good line to work behind at the time (healthy Harris and Clady)

Some old scouting reports on Quinn coming out of college I found on the web:

Strengths:
Quinn has good mechanics and understands the game well after being tutored by Charlie Weis. He is accustomed to being in the spotlight and is a solid team leader. He has progressed well over the last two years and should continue to improve. He has adequate arm strength and can make all of the necessary throws. He has the size to play at the next level and his athleticism, while not a strong point, is acceptable.
Weaknesses:
Quinn has struggled in big games, especially if the other defense is able to pressure him. He will likely see similar pressure early in his NFL career, particularly if he is drafted by a team with an inadequate offensive line. His accuracy is spotty and at times he forces the ball in spots and turns it over. He pats the ball before he throws it, which may lead to some interceptions in the NFL. He needs to improve his pocket presence, as he often gets "happy feet" and makes unnecessary movements.
Overall:
Quinn has starred for four years at one of the most prestigious schools in the country. He has a good blend of size, intelligence, and arm strength to succeed in the NFL. He must work on handling pressure in the pocket. Quinn does not grade out as an elite prospect, with a ceiling below Russell and other recent top picks. If placed in the right system, with the right coach, he is likely to become at least an adequate quarterback.

=======

“Brady Quinn’s problem is accuracy,” (Mike) Lombardi said privately Sunday after speaking to a group of reports at the NFL Combine. “Forget the percentage of completions in college. He threw a lot of bubble screens and that stuff. They all count for completion percentage, but you have to break the tape down and look at passes over 10 yards and over 15 yards. You’re going to throw (screens) in the pros, but you can’t live off those."

========

NickelTG
03-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Hillis was going to do nothing with Mc'd running the show,and wouldn't again this year. Quinn will make a legitimate run for the starting job. I think this was a great trade.

We have no legitimate qb. Orton would be lucky to start on most NFL teams.Something had to be done. If drafting Bradford wasn't an option,then i'm happy with this.

Tned
random comment from PFT:

lol. . .

Yea, one of the other comments I read about Quinn is that he only likes to throw the short ball, and can't throw the deep ball -- sound familiar?

Ravage!!!
It's not that big of a trade. It just has a high profile draft pick from several years ago in it and a white boy running back who is good but Josh will never use for some reason. It could actually benefit both teams quite a bit. I am not enamored with Orton.

Hey... don't forget that white-boy QB

Tned
03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Great. And good for you and YOUR opinion.

Why, thank you... :)

Nomad
Actually, I'm impressed with McDaniels more then I was because of this...Quinn could be a beast in the right system, based on athletic talent alone he is twice the quarterback that Orton is...and he is young enough to become a franchise quarterback.

I hope you're right about him becoming a good QB, but I have my doubts! But he's in a BRONCO uni now so all we can do is cheer for him to have success!!

Ravage!!!
Yea, one of the other comments I read about Quinn is that he only likes to throw the short ball, and can't throw the deep ball -- sound familiar?

He's built for the bubble-screen offense!! :elefant:

Tned
03-14-2010, 05:00 PM

What, if anything, does that do to the thoughts that Larsen might take over Davis' spot? Do we have another FB?

LordTrychon
03-14-2010, 05:00 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hard to criticize McDaniels when it comes to QBs...

broncofaninfla
03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm guessing Simms is getting his walking papers in the very near future....

I hope Quinn comes through and I hope Orton rises to the challenge for the starting QB position. We'll need both QB's in 2010 if the issues on the line aren't addressed.

Nomad
03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
m guessing Simms is getting his walking papers in the very near future....

I hope Quinn comes through and I hope Orton rises to the challenge for the starting QB position. We'll need both QB's in 2010 if the issues on the line aren't addressed.

Good point and like Lancane said, Quinn is more athletic!! McDaniels would lose my respect if he doesn't address the oline!!

Tned
03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I hope you're right about him becoming a good QB, but I have my doubts! But he's in a BRONCO uni now so all we can do is cheer for him to have success!!

Consensus of the reporters on Twitter seems to be that Quinn is a far worse QB than Orton, and unlikely to be starter.

Time will tell.

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 05:05 PM

I guess we shall see but 1. QB play is not based on atheltic talent alone.
2.This offense takes more brain than brawn..

not sure what part of quinn's past besides the ND overhype machine would make you think he is anything more than another looks like Tarzan plays like Jane 1st round blunder..

EMB6903
Mcdaniels knows a lot more about evaluating QB's then any of us. So Im pretty confident about this. hell he made Kyle Orton look like a half way decent QB.

LordTrychon
This is the sort of thing that makes me come over to this forum... to avoid trolling my own forum.

Deep down, I know that this is quite possibly a nothing trade... backup QB and backup RB... couple late round picks... whatever.

But at the same time... WTF...

Ya know?

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Consensus of the reporters on Twitter seems to be that Quinn is a far worse QB than Orton, and unlikely to be starter.

Time will tell.

There is a reason it's call TWITter...lol

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Just so this means Simms is GONE!

dogfish
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
This is the sort of thing that makes me come over to this forum... to avoid trolling my own forum.

Deep down, I know that this is quite possibly a nothing trade... backup QB and backup RB... couple late round picks... whatever.

Ya know?

oh yea-- i know exactly what you mean. . .

i'm going to go look for some puppies to kick. . . .

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 05:08 PM
So we trade a fullback with receiving ability and 2 6th round picks basically for a QB with potential to be much better than what we have now, and people are mad? Sorry we couldn't get Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.....but this helps our team. Period.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 05:10 PM

Ya know?

:lol:

I know. I just really liked Hillis. He was my second favorite palyer from that draft. But I'm scared to say who other favorite players are, for they just all keep getting traded away!

Tned
03-14-2010, 05:11 PM

Ya know?

Yea, I was just about to head over to Mania and stir up some shit... :lol:

There is a reason it's call TWITter...lol

Unlike us, they get PAID to give their opinions on the Broncos. Just saying.

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
LMAO. This has seriously become a nightmare for me. Gosh damn I hate Brady Quinn.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Good point and like Lancane said, Quinn is more athletic!! McDaniels would lose my respect if he doesn't address the oline!!

I've heard that Denver's staff is enamored with Ducasse from Umass. And they are very likely looking for a center as well...so I would not worry to much about the offensive line woes just yet.

Hardwired
03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I wonder what jersey number he'll wear so I can get my order in ahead of the crowd. :)

Dirk
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I like this a lot. Quinn has potential and has been wasted on a terrible team. Hillis wasn't going to play this year anyway. I think McD talked him up purely to get trade value out of him.

Hillis came in and did wonderful, but got hurt also. We never really got to see if Hillis was as good as most of us thought/hoped/wished.

Again, I like this trade. It gives McD two players that can play in his system. If Orton goes down, I have no doubt that Quinn can come in and play head over heals better than Simms.

Nomad
03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
LMAO. This has seriously become a nightmare for me. Gosh damn I hate Brady Quinn.

:lol: You need a few beers clay!!

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM

CLAY!!!! hey bro! I was getting worried about you :beer:

Tned

Just think how much better Richard Quinn will be when Brady is throwing to him....

Benetto
I love this...

Most will call me crazy, and some might agree with me...But at the end of the day, I think we are winners in this.

spikerman
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
LMAO. This has seriously become a nightmare for me. Gosh damn I hate Brady Quinn. Clay, I'm starting to get the feeling that McDaniels has made this personal with you. He probably sits and thinks to himself, "what can I do next to piss off Clay?" which is why you see moves like the one he made today. :D

atwater27
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe Josh had a boyfriend in high school named Brady and he just can't get him out of his head.

rcsodak
I don't disagree, I'm just saying we can't sit here and say we got the better half of the trade. Quinn's stock has plummeted.

I don't even know if Hillis will be in the mix for RB touches. Who do they have, Jenning and Harrison? He might be given a shot in camp to win the starting job, but he might not. Hard to say. It would seem CLE saw some value in Hillis, or else they really think nothing of Quinn and felt they could get nothing in return for him.

A never used FB/6th round pick in 2011/future conditional pick in 2012, based on his playing time, for a decent backup QB is NOT a bad trade.

Browns acquired FB Peyton Hillis and two conditional draft picks from the Broncos in exchange for QB Brady Quinn.
Hillis was heavily underutilized by Josh McDaniels in 2009 after averaging 5.0 YPC and scoring six all-purpose TDs on 82 touches as a rookie. He's a candidate for significant snaps in Cleveland as a potential short-yardage complement to Jerome Harrison. With Lawrence Vickers entrenched as the Browns' lead blocker, the versatile Hillis will be freed up to carry the football.

spikerman
Just think how much better Richard Quinn will be when Brady is throwing to him....

That's funny. I don't care who you are. :lol:

spikerman
03-14-2010, 05:18 PM

He'll be perfect for this "offense" then. :tsk:

claymore
:lol: You need a few beers clay!!

I want to wahs my mouth out with a chainsaw right now.

Guys Im in hell. this is what hell is. I swear JMCD reads my posts and does exactly what I dont want him to do.

This is effin ridiculous.

nevcraw
So we trade a fullback with receiving ability and 2 6th round picks basically for a QB with potential to be much better than what we have now, and people are mad? Sorry we couldn't get Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.....but this helps our team. Period.

that's how you see it..
others see it as they traded a solid RB/FB hybrid for a 3-9 back up QB who can't beat out Derrick Anderson and was replaced by Jake Delhomme who will be out of the league in the next 2 years. At this point Orton record for wins speaks for itself. Quinn is nothing at this point.
Not to mention - the same back up QB was photographed with his hand on his buddy's crotch..

GEM
03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
won't hurt orton any. . . orton looks like elway compared to this bum. . .

That's ridiculous. Can't agree there. I don't think Quinn had any coaching and he played behind a terrible line. He knows the system due to Weiss in ND. I can't say much of anyone looks worse than Orton.

spikerman
A never used FB/6th round pick in 2011/future conditional pick in 2012, based on his playing time, for a decent backup QB is NOT a bad trade.

But don't you have to wonder why Cleveland was willing to give him up for a "never used FB/6th round pick in 2011/future conditional draft pick in 2012"? It's not like Holmgren doesn't know anything about quarterbacks hiimself.

Ravage!!!
I want to wahs my mouth out with a chainsaw right now.

Guys Im in hell. this is what hell is. I swear JMCD reads my posts and does exactly what I dont want him to do.

This is effin ridiculous.

would you PLEASE PLEASE start posting things about NOT wanting to trade Orton!?!!? PLEASE

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Clay, I'm starting to get the feeling that McDaniels has made this personal with you. He probably sits and thinks to himself, "what can I do next to piss off Clay?" which is why you see moves like the one he made today. :D

Its kinda spooky. Its a mixture of laughing, crying, and kicking the dog at the Claymore house right now. :(

GEM
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Nope, that was the offensive lineman they took first. Thomas.

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
would you PLEASE PLEASE start posting things about NOT wanting to trade Orton!?!!? PLEASE

Dear JMCD,

Please Keep Orton, and dont commit suicide.

Love,
Claymore

Tned

I didn't say it was a 'bad' trade. I'm just saying for all of the people that talk about how the Broncos were the winner, because it was two late round picks and a scrub for Quinn, you have to accept that if that is true, it also was apparently the BEST offer Cleveland got.

Quinn could turn his career around and become a great QB, but as of now, he is an unwanted bust.

Ravage!!!
Not to mention - the same back up QB was photographed with his hand on his buddy's crotch..

I saw a pic of Orton pretending to suck his friends....crotch. Does that mean anything?

spikerman
03-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Its kinda spooky. Its a mixture of laughing, crying, and kicking the dog at the Claymore house right now. :(

It's too bad you live all the way in El Paso, or we could get together and cry in our beers together. If you ever find yourself in San Antonio the first round is on me.

Ravage!!!
dear jmcd,

please keep orton, and dont commit suicide.

Love,
claymore

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bramalha
Does McD even know what a QB is? Hell,he just as well have picked up Rex Grossman. This seems like past Broncos history all over again...Tinsey,Liske,Horn,Ramsey.......WTF!!!!! Get a friggin clue McD!!!!

Timmy!
I think we got great value for a QB who fits the system and at worst is a huge upgrade over Simms. I'll miss Hillis, but he wasn't going to see the field on McD's watch anyway.

Quinn's not going to be expected to be "the guy" here like he was in Cleveland, he's already light years ahead of any rookie we could have drafted--and I'd rather have Quinn than anyone outside of maybe Bradford in this year's draft crop anyway. I'll take Quinn over Clausen. And we don't have to give up a high draft pick.

I like the move.

^
This. I have slight ND bias but Quinn is not a bad QB, and has ran this type of offense, very will I might add, for years at ND. I'm gonna miss Hillis, but the guy just wasn't gonna see the field. Quinn is way better than golden rod (heh) Simms, and I wouldn't bet against him beating out Orton for the starting job. If we had given up the farm for him I'd be pissed, but we gave up a FB who we will never use (that some delusional people think is an all pro) and late picks for a 1st round talent QB who has been stuck in crapville with horrible coaches. I like it.

nevcraw
That's ridiculous. Can't agree there. I don't think Quinn had any coaching and he played behind a terrible line. He knows the system due to Weiss in ND. I can't say much of anyone looks worse than Orton.

How much coaching did Orton get Chi-town? I don't remember Bill Walsh breaking down film or patrolling the sideline at Soldier Field.

Lord Help me.. I am defending the QBing of one Kyle D. Orton.. the sky is really falling...

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
What, if anything, does that do to the thoughts that Larsen might take over Davis' spot? Do we have another FB?
That's what late-round picks are for. And did NE really have a FB? :confused:

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
I saw a pic of Orton pretending to suck his friends....crotch. Does that mean anything?

Just another Saturday night out on the town for him...why do you think he has a beard?...lmao

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
I feel bad for whoever our center is. Hopefully Quinn can keep it professionel and no gay out on him.

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 05:27 PM

Yes - we now have the 2 most homoerotic QB's in the NFL.

Atleast the shower time comradery will be at at all time high..

Nomad
03-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I feel bad for whoever our center is. Hopefully Quinn can keep it professionel and no gay out on him.

:lol:give a little tickle while under center!

Tned
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
That's what late-round picks are for. And did NE really have a FB? :confused:

I have no idea if NE had/has a FB, but I know that last year when our running game sucked, McD started using a FB more and more.

claymore
http://www.ratemyvomit.com/images/ul/vomit-195.jpeg

Ravage!!!
Just another Saturday night out on the town for him...why do you think he has a beard?...lmao

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3261844670_93e3293b10.jpg

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM

Nahh - you just have your period..

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM
:lol:give a little tickle while under center!

Its a problem when the centers complain about the QB's top hand is always palm UP

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM
But don't you have to wonder why Cleveland was willing to give him up for a "never used FB/6th round pick in 2011/future conditional draft pick in 2012"? It's not like Holmgren doesn't know anything about quarterbacks hiimself.

Frankly, spike, who cares? When he got to Cleveland, he never named Quinn as a starter. He wanted his own guy, or at least one with starts to his belt. Enter Delhomme. Enter Wallace.
Really, it's NO different than what McD did, by getting rid of "Mr interception", imo.

Crush05
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Here is a link with everything you need to know!

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/14/browns-trade-quinn-to-broncos-for-hillis-two-picks/

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Does McD even know what a QB is? Hell,he just as well have picked up Rex Grossman. This seems like past Broncos history all over again...Tinsey,Liske,Horn,Ramsey.......WTF!!!!! Get a friggin clue McD!!!!

He'll have to beat Shanny to it, if he want Grossman. :rolleyes:

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Nice decorum..... :coffee:

NameUsedBefore
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM
I actually wanted Quinn a year ago but after seeing him play this long... this appears to be a bad deal. At the very least it appears that we did not give up much, but I would have much rather preferred to have gone elsewhere for the position that shouldn't even need to be filled goddam you McDaniels.

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Had to update my avatar pic!

Tned
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Frankly, spike, who cares? When he got to Cleveland, he never named Quinn as a starter. He wanted his own guy, or at least one with starts to his belt. Enter Delhomme. Enter Wallace.
Really, it's NO different than what McD did, by getting rid of "Mr interception", imo.

Ahhh, so you're saying Quinn brings Cutler-like INTs, but with no physical or playmaking skills to offset the INTs.

Trades looking up now...

spikerman
03-14-2010, 05:37 PM

I have to admit that I care. Anytime a quarterback is dumped for Delhomme and Wallace that raises red flags to me. True, people can throw out the argument that McDaniels knows more about evaluating quarterbacks than we do, but I don't think he knows more than Holmgren. What I've seen out of McDaniels these past two years make me very unsure that he really knows what he's doing in the personnel department.

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Ahhh, so you're saying Quinn brings Cutler-like INTs, but with no physical or playmaking skills to offset the INTs.

Trades looking up now...

Ummm...last I looked, Quinn threw more TD's last year than Int's....and didn't lead the league in Int's.

....and I just heard Cutler threw another one. ;)

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Had to update my avatar pic!

Classic!!!!!! :salute:

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I have to admit that I care. Anytime a quarterback is dumped for Delhomme and Wallace that raises red flags to me. True, people can throw out the argument that McDaniels knows more about evaluating quarterbacks than we do, but I don't think he knows more than Holmgren. What I've seen out of McDaniels these past two years make me very unsure that he really knows what he's doing in the personnel department.

Ok, so hows about, he didn't think Quinn would prosper in a west coast offense?
Wallace KNOWS his offense. And honestly, Delhomme is a really big question mark! Are they getting the qb from ALL of 2008, or the last game of 2008 plus all of 2009?

The money they're paying him, they best hope the prior.

Tned
03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Ummm...last I looked, Quinn threw more TD's last year than Int's....and didn't lead the league in Int's.

....and I just heard Cutler threw another one. ;)

That story was corrected, he didn't throw another INT. It was an incomplete pass that he attempted with a red head last night when plastered at the bar...

Timmy!
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Our new starting QB (maybe heh):

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJgmeEH1lrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJgmeEH1lrE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

For the Orton haters: Hey look, no noodle arm, he can hit a receiver in stride 40 yards down field and he doesn't run like a wounded giraffe.
Bottom line, Quinn has some potential, whether he ever achieves it or not we'll find out.

And here comes the :flame:

NickelTG
03-14-2010, 05:48 PM
I just can't see why people are upset about this. I think some people have way too much faith in Kyle Orton. Regardless,he would still add more depth to the qb situation.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I just can't see why people are upset about this. I think some people have way too much faith in Kyle Orton. Regardless,he would still add more depth to the qb situation.

This is Denver Nickel, where mediocre quarterbacks are loved...'Brister, Plummer, Orton' and those with potential are hated 'Griese, Cutler and now...Quinn'.

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:51 PM
That story was corrected, he didn't throw another INT. It was an incomplete pass that he attempted with a red head last night when plastered at the bar...

hmmm...I dunno.

Sure cutler isn't gay too? :rolleyes:

Lancane
03-14-2010, 05:53 PM
hmmm...I dunno.

Sure cutler isn't gay too? :rolleyes:

Hahaha...be careful RC, people may start thinking we are the 49ers...:eek:

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
This is Denver Nickel, where mediocre quarterbacks are loved...'Brister, Plummer, Orton' and those with potential are hated 'Griese, Cutler and now...Quinn'.

Gries had potential? Where is he now?

Cutler lead the league.....in INT's!

That's like saying Shanny traded away DE's with "potential", in Berry and Heyward. LMAO!

dogfish
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM

me too, man, me too. . .

wanna troll the hell out of the forum and see if it makes us feel any better?

nah, waste of time. . . . :sadface:

claymore
03-14-2010, 05:58 PM
me too, man, me too. . .

wanna troll the hell out of the forum and see if it makes us feel any better?

nah, waste of time. . . . :sadface:I need to just log off. Maybe go on a bender and take a few days off of work. I cant believe this shit. I just cant believe it.

I hate Quin more than any player in the league. This is effin ridiculous.

Timmy!
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm here for you Clay. :D :heh:

Gamechanger
03-14-2010, 05:59 PM
somewhere in Kansas City.....Shaun Smith is smiling

Lancane
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Gries had potential? Where is he now?

Cutler lead the league.....in INT's!

That's like saying Shanny traded away DE's with "potential", in Berry and Heyward. LMAO!

Griese had potential, and he had a few good years...I totally believe that. Cutler still has potential, he had a crap for receivers and offensive line...so I tend to lean away from blown potential. As for Quinn, Cleveland was looking for someone who did not need coaching, obviously...But anyone with a good mind could have told them that not every quarterback is related to Manning. Potential and living up to it is two different things.

Rick
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I like getting Quinn, Hillis was a good asll around back but would never get a chance here anyway and quin will get a chance here and has good potential.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
http://twitter.com/michaelombardi

michaelombardi

If I am a Denver fan I believe McDaniels can do with Quinn what he did with Cassell and if I am a Brown fan I look draft a QB---early

OrangeHoof
03-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Since the picks are conditional, I assume they are based on performance and that means they won't be sent until 2011. So, we essentially get him for Hillis this season and the picks next year.

So, let's say McD coaches up Quinn this season but limits his playing time behind Orton. Now, you'll have given up the lesser of whatever picks we agreed to and Quinn is ready to take over in 2011 - a QB with very low mileage and with probably all the overconfidence beaten out of him over what happened during the draft, then in Cleveland, then a year behind Orton. So, he'll be a pliable student given his last chance to be the pro football star he was probably told for a decade he was destined to be.

There's no question to me that the physical gifts are there. The real question is finding out whether he can read defenses and lead the huddle. If he can, we got a steal. If he doesn't, well, I hope he didn't cost that much.

dogfish
03-14-2010, 06:13 PM
all this does for us is put off finding a QB that we can win more than eight games a year with for another season or two. . . .

OrangeHoof
03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't forget that Quinn was Charlie Weis' prodigy when he played at ND...you know that Charlie Weis who was briefly all that in New England before he went to South Bend? Don't think he wasn't called before McD made the deal.

Tned
03-14-2010, 06:18 PM
http://twitter.com/michaelombardi

michaelombardi

If I am a Denver fan I believe McDaniels can do with Quinn what he did with Cassell and if I am a Brown fan I look draft a QB---early

I'll take your Lombardi and Raise you a Frank Schwab (http://twitter.com/fs3142):

One more note - Mike Holmgren knows more than all of us on QBs obv. He thought Seneca Wallace and Delhomme were better than Quinn.

spikerman
03-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Don't forget that Quinn was Charlie Weis' prodigy when he played at ND...you know that Charlie Weis who was briefly all that in New England before he went to South Bend? Don't think he wasn't called before McD made the deal.

Hopefully Weis wasn't thinking "this is going to be an easy two wins per year against a division opponent" while he was endorsing him.

NameUsedBefore
03-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Maybe the ownership of a Klondike bar was in play.

Slick
03-14-2010, 06:35 PM
all this does for us is put off finding a QB that we can win more than eight games a year with for another season or two. . . .

Maybe so. I'm just glad the draft picks weren't from this year. A sixth and a conditional over the next two years I can live with.

I know the Browns have been shopping Brady, but don't they already have a versatile pass catching FB in Lawrence Vickers? Hillis is no better than that guy.

Oh well. I'm not going to bitch. From what I've seen, when Quinn throws a ball he does it like he has more hair on his peaches than Orton. I'm not buying a jersey or anything, but I'll admit, I'm a little intrigued.

bramalha
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I won't even get started on the ND thing, coming from there doesn't make you a great QB.It has been a while since the NFL had as much as a decent QB from ND.This was just a bad deal all the way around.I would have been less upset to hear Denver received McNabb or Vick and I wouldn't want either of them.Quinn is a never was and a never will be and they are NO BETTER off in getting him.All they did is acquire a huge ego.

Tned
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Maybe so. I'm just glad the draft picks weren't from this year. A sixth and a conditional over the next two years I can live with.

I know the Browns have been shopping Brady, but don't they already have a versatile pass catching FB in Lawrence Vickers? Hillis is no better than that guy.

Oh well. I'm not going to bitch. From what I've seen, when Quinn throws a ball he does it like he has more hair on his peaches than Orton. I'm not buying a jersey or anything, but I'll admit, I'm a little intrigued.

Rotoworld speculates that Hillis will move into RB rotation, not be used at FB. Guess TC will determine that, just as TC will determine what role Quinn will play.

Slick
03-14-2010, 06:41 PM
I'll take your Lombardi and Raise you a Frank Schwab (http://twitter.com/fs3142):

Ouch.

dogfish
Hopefully Weis wasn't thinking "this is going to be an easy two wins per year against a division opponent" while he was endorsing him.

no shit. . . :tsk:

typically someone who has a very personal vested interest in seeing you fail isn't a good source of reliable quality advice. . .

Timmy!
I won't even get started on the ND thing, coming from there doesn't make you a great QB.It has been a while since the NFL had as much as a decent QB from ND.This was just a bad deal all the way around.I would have been less upset to hear Denver received McNabb or Vick and I wouldn't want either of them.Quinn is a never was and a never will be and they are NO BETTER off in getting him.All they did is acquire a huge ego.

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/wp-images/key/space-bar-key-4.jpg

This is a space bar. It's your friend.

RunYouOver
Honestly...I don't get all the pessimism. Brady Quinn has a hell of a lot of potential. Yes, I'm aware people hate the P word, but look at where we were last year: Kyle Orton had a career year, and I don't see him getting much better. We were 6-0 with him at one point, too. Quinn is younger, has a LOT more of the physical tools to succeed, and was stuck in Cleveland, no shit he wasn't going to produce. He showed great signs though at times...

And are people really complaining that we gave up Hillis? That's BS...at best, he's a career 3rd down back, and even if he was better: He wasn't going to play much here anyway. And if you're complaining about a 6th round pick and another conditional one, then get real: Who could we have taken in those rounds who would be better than Quinn could be.

I absolutely LOVE this move, and we'll have to see how it works out. Again, Quinn was in Cleveland...he played poorly because he was on a terrible team...give him our O-Line a great coach for QBs, and a defense, he can definitely succeed.

I'm happy.

BroncoBJ
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Honestly...I don't get all the pessimism. Brady Quinn has a hell of a lot of potential. Yes, I'm aware people hate the P word, but look at where we were last year: Kyle Orton had a career year, and I don't see him getting much better. We were 6-0 with him at one point, too. Quinn is younger, has a LOT more of the physical tools to succeed, and was stuck in Cleveland, no shit he wasn't going to produce. He showed great signs though at times...

And are people really complaining that we gave up Hillis? That's BS...at best, he's a career 3rd down back, and even if he was better: He wasn't going to play much here anyway. And if you're complaining about a 6th round pick and another conditional one, then get real: Who could we have taken in those rounds who would be better than Quinn could be.

I absolutely LOVE this move, and we'll have to see how it works out. Again, Quinn was in Cleveland...he played poorly because he was on a terrible team...give him our O-Line a great coach for QBs, and a defense, he can definitely succeed.

I'm happy.

And then if you give him some Great WR's, along with a Great Running game then yea, of course he can suceed.

Most people will be pretty good if they have every single thing in place to be better. :lol:

I've never been high on Quinn even with Notre Dame. I'm fine with Orton but oh well. Maybe he can revive his career in Denver and I will love him. :rockon:

OldschoolFreak
03-14-2010, 06:57 PM
I love it.

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 06:58 PM
I like the trade...

1)We trade Hillis, who's a good player but not used in McDaniels offense so we don't really lose anything.

2)we only lose quality draft picks if Quinn actually contibutes.

3)At the very least we've upgraded our backup QB position, as well as give Orton a solidified reason to be better.

4)If McDaniels can turn Matt Cassell into a Pro Bowl QB statistically, as well as improve Orton to where he's at (which is a considerable upgrade from what he was like in Chicago regardless of what anyone wants to argue), I'll trust his intuition on a first round talent QB who prospered in the same offense(in college) as McDaniels runs, only to have a career possibly ruined because of garbage QB coaching in Cleveland.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
The biggest thing to take from this, IMO, is that we just fleeced the Browns pretty well. Quinn was a first rounder 3 years ago. We gave up Hillis and two future late round draft picks for a backup QB who is better than the guy we currently have and might even challenge for the starting spot.

Personally, The sound of Quinn backing up Orton or vice versa brings me more confidence than Simms backing up. I'd be willing to bet that Quinn would've done a HELL of a lot better vs Washington and SD last year than Simms did.

No matter how you feel about Quinn, I think this is a win for us.

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
The biggest thing to take from this, IMO, is that we just fleeced the Browns pretty well. Quinn was a first rounder 3 years ago. We gave up Hillis and two future late round draft picks for a backup QB who is better than the guy we currently have and might even challenge for the starting spot.

Personally, The sound of Quinn backing up Orton or vice versa brings me more confidence than Simms backing up. I'd be willing to bet that Quinn would've done a HELL of a lot better vs Washington and SD last year than Simms did.

I couldn't agree more.

We didn't really lose much of anything, considering Hillis wasn't an impact player for us last year. I liked Hillis and it sucks losing him, but if McDaniels isn't going to use him, and then trades him for a guy that could very likely significantly upgrade our QB position, awesome!

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Adam Schefter via Twitter

"I've not given up on Brady Quinn. Josh McD will be great for him. Remember how much he got outta Cassel."

Thats pretty neat coming from Schefter.

But wait, no, it wasn't Josh who helped out Cassel. No, not at all.. Josh doesn't have a great track record with QB's.. (sarcasm)

Poet
03-14-2010, 07:08 PM
I think Quinn sucks, but, you will give up nothing other than a player who looks like his days were numbered in Hillis to gamble on a QB who has some talent.

Extreme number one: Quinn goes out JaMarcus Russell style and you gave up minor picks and a player who was probably not going to get another contract here. This is what I think will happen.

Extreme number two: Quinn becomes a QB who can produce in the system and you're not forced to take a bigger gamble via round one QB.

Super Extreme number three: Quinn becomes an elite QB and Josh McDaniels is heralded as an offensive guru.

It's a small risk for a potential big reward.

I don't think it will pan out.

Tned
03-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Obviously we didn't fleece the Browns, but instead we were the only team willing to give anything beyond a water boy for Quinn.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible that Quinn could live up to his fist round pick status now that he's in Denver, but there is no way you can say we fleeced the Browns, since we obviously paid market value (or more) for him.

Slick
03-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Obviously we didn't fleece the Browns, but instead we were the only team willing to give anything beyond a water boy for Quinn.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible that Quinn could live up to his fist round pick status now that he's in Denver, but there is no way you can say we fleeced the Browns, since we obviously paid market value (or more) for him.

We gave up a razorback Tned. You're bitter. I can read between the lines. ;)

Tned
03-14-2010, 07:15 PM
We gave up a razorback Tned. You're bitter. I can read between the lines. ;)

Of course! That aside, I love the way we are playing both sides of it. Hillis was a scrub, and we only gave up him, plus two late round picks for a first round QB, we completely robbed Cleveland....

Come on, do we really think other teams were lined up with first rounders or even middle round compensation, but some how Xanders and McDaniels, like a pair of sirens, put a spell on Holmgren and got him to take our WAY below market value offer and turn down all the great offers he had???

jlarsiii
03-14-2010, 07:16 PM
It is going to take me a while to get past the fact that I hate, hate, hate ND. All the TV time and hype over their mediocre teams year after year drives me nuts.

Other then that I think the trade was probably fair. I would recommend people temper their expectations. There is a reason Quinn dropped in the draft and was taken near the bottom of round 1. McD has his work cut out for him. I hope he can work wonders since he is a bronco now. . .

Still, I can't stand ND and Quinn so this is going to take a while for me to warm up to it.:tsk:

dogfish
03-14-2010, 07:20 PM

like buying something at a garage sale for two bucks that they would've put out with the trash if you didn't buy it. . .

doesn't matter where a guy was drafted once he's been in the league a few years-- the NFL is absolutely littered with former first round picks who have little to no value anymore. . . how much were george foster and ashley lilly worth when they left here? jamarcus russell supposedly had a ton of potential-- how much is he worth?

like anything else, an NFL player's rights are worth what someone will pay for them. . . either holmgren thinks hillis has pretty decent value, or he feels quinn has very little. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
I really don't get the anger here. You can hate Quinn all ya want, but what did we give up to get him? We gace up a FB and 2 very late FUTURE picks. This doesn't mean we ignore QB improvements in the future. This also doesn't mean Orton is gonna lose the job. This means that McD was GIVEN a QB who he has a positive hunch on. No more. No less. I'd get the anger if we gave up early picks or sumthin, but at the very least we have a MAJOR upgrade over Simms until Brandstater is ready to get a legit shot...if it ever happens.

Nomad
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Adam Schefter via Twitter

"I've not given up on Brady Quinn. Josh McD will be great for him. Remember how much he got outta Cassel."

Thats pretty neat coming from Schefter.

But wait, no, it wasn't Josh who helped out Cassel. No, not at all.. Josh doesn't have a great track record with QB's.. (sarcasm)

I guess I'm starting to warm up to the trade though I liked Hillis. But why keep a guy who has potential and not use him, maybe he'll break out in Cleveland or maybe he was a one year wonder..I wish him luck!!

As far Quinn, I hope Josh can work his magic with him because it'll mean good things for the BRONCOS. My first post was a overreaction but it's all good and we have to give it a chance!!

West
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
:lol::lol:

Come on fellas. We traded away a player that was CLEARLY in the coach's dog house and would probably see just special team duty under McD.

We got a player that is still young and still hasn't had the bust label written on him yet. I think its a solid trade for a guy that will push our QB to be better or take the job from him for a very low price.

Tned
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
like buying something at a garage sale for two bucks that they would've put out with the trash if you didn't buy it. . .

doesn't matter where a guy was drafted once he's been in the league a few years-- the NFL is absolutely littered with former first round picks who have little to no value anymore. . . how much were george foster and ashley lilly worth when they left here? jamarcus russell supposedly had a ton of potential, and he's been around less years thean quinn-- how much is he worth?

like anything else, an NFL player's rights are worth what someone will pay for them. . . either holmgren thinks hillis has pretty decent value, or he feels quinn has very little. . .

Exactly, which is why I have said that it will take some time, and seeing what Hillis does in Cleveland and Quinn does here, before we can begin to talk about whether or not one team got the better end of the deal.

The fact that Wallace and Delhomme were brought in to replace him goes a long way to showing what the Browns thought of his value. The fact that the best trade they could work out was for a 7th round FB, a 6th round pick next year, and a conditional, late round pick in 2012, shows that Quinn has near zero value.

All of that said, I would be tickled pink if he turned into a pro-bowler in Denver.

silkamilkamonico
jamarcus russell supposedly had a ton of potential, and he's been around less years thean quinn-- how much is he worth?

JaMarcus Russell leaped frogged to the top of the QB prospects because of a freakish arm, and a handful of games.

Quinn dropped below Russell because of his inability to win big games with a terrible defense (sounds like Cutler), despite being known as an intelligent QB who knew how to run an offense, which was almost completely opposite of Russell.

As far as people hating the term "potential" with reguard to QB;s in the NFL that have yet to prosper, look no further than Jay Cutler.

JONtheBRONCO
I'll always be a Hillis fan. Just don't go to youtube and look up highlights. it will bring back memories.................

HORSEPOWER 56
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM

doesn't matter where a guy was drafted once he's been in the league a few years-- the NFL is absolutely littered with former first round picks who have little to no value anymore. . . how much were george foster and ashley lilly worth when they left here? jamarcus russell supposedly had a ton of potential, and he's been around less years thean quinn-- how much is he worth?

I understand what you're saying but in this case I'm trying to look at what we have. I don't get to see a whole lot of Browns games but I did get to see the Denver game vs them in 2008 where Quinn and Winslow beat our pass defense like a rented mule and only a late game comeback resulted in a win for us. I also saw the shootout he and Matt Stafford got into this year and he looked pretty good in that game. Saw him (mostly Josh Cribbs but Quinn made some plays) beat the Steelers this year.

My feeling is that we gave up relatively nothing for a guy who might become a starter and if nothing else is a better backup than we currently have.

West
03-14-2010, 07:27 PM
JaMarcus Russell leaped frogged to the top of the QB prospects because of a freakish arm, and a handful of games.

Quinn dropped below Russell because of his inability to win big games with a terrible defense (sounds like Cutler), despite being known as an intelligent QB who knew how to run an offense, which was almost completely opposite of Russell.

As far as people hating the term "potential" with reguard to QB;s in the NFL that have yet to prosper, look no further than Jay Cutler.

This. Great post.

Tned
03-14-2010, 07:27 PM

Come on fellas. We traded away a player that was CLEARLY in the coach's dog house and would probably see just special team duty under McD.

We got a player that is still young and still hasn't had the bust label written on him yet. I think its a solid trade for a guy that will push our QB to be better or take the job from him for a very low price.

I'm not seeing much knocking of the trade, because it was low risk for the Broncos. It's just tempering the "we just robbed Cleveland blind, and they don't even realize it yet" sentiment that some voicing.

West
03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm not seeing much knocking of the trade, because it was low risk for the Broncos. It's just tempering the "we just robbed Cleveland blind, and they don't even realize it yet" sentiment that some voicing.

Well all I see is dogfish about to blow a gasket.

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 07:30 PM

I think if you look at the direction of the programs, both sides could very well have prospered. It was evidently clear that both players involved were no longer in the plans of their organization. The conditional draft picks Cleveland gets is completely dependant on how well Quinn does in Denver.

getlynched47
03-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm going to miss Peyton Hillis and his running style, but this was a good trade. Worst case scenario is that we traded Hillis and two late round picks for an upgrade at backup QB.

Best case scenario is that Quinn becomes the QB everybody thought he would be. That would be awesome.

Now, I'm just waiting for the news that Chris Simms has been released. That move was easily the worst free agent decision by Josh McDaniels. Simms sucks.

Tned
03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I think if you look at the direction of the programs, both sides could very well have prospered. It was evidently clear that both players involved were no longer in the plans of their organization. The conditional draft picks Cleveland gets is completely dependant on how well Quinn does in Denver.

Agreed.

Poet
03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey Dogfish, what do you think about Quinn's ability to read defenses and use his pocket presence to avoid pressure?

:lol::lol::lol:

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 07:33 PM
I am not going to lie.. I really wanted to see Hillis succeed here.. He paid some dues and is a true blue football player. not sure how this kid does not fit in the magical scheme here.
How can the whole bronco fan nation see a special player and the coach cannot..

I guess the essence of my issues with McD is I do not relate to him through a lot of his actions which makes it very hard to jump on the wagon..

Had it been scheffler it would have been fine..

ursamajor
03-14-2010, 07:34 PM
what a waste! all i can say is this speaks what he thinks of orton, who he wanted! mistake! i like quinn but at the same time we had a guy as good as him on the roster last season! now what 2 years before he learns the offense also! wow waiting game begins and now with the threat of a lockout! wow, mcd should have just appologized to the guy we had before and with the moves made last season to go with this season, i think we would have been a legitamite threat to win a superbowl! imo
In every aspect of being a QB-from accuracy to arm strength, to athleticism, Cutler is light years ahead of Quinn.

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 07:35 PM
In every aspect of being a QB-from accuracy to arm strength, to athleticism, Cutler is light years ahead of Quinn.

It's a good thing those things are almost irrelevant in comparison to decision making and making good judgemental reads on the field.

dogfish
03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Dogfish, what do you think about Quinn's ability to read defenses and use his pocket presence to avoid pressure?

i think they rank right up there with larry johnson's "personality". . .

Poet
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
i think they rank right up there with larry johnson's "personality". . .

I agree, one day Quinn will be a Redskin.

ursamajor
03-14-2010, 07:39 PM
It's a good thing those things are almost irrelevant in comparison to decision making and making good judgemental reads on the field.

There too.

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 07:42 PM

Let's not get carried away..

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Let's not get carried away..

Hardly getting carried away. You don't have to look past gus like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady to figure that one out.

MasterShake
03-14-2010, 07:52 PM
No! Not Hillis! He was the crown jewel of our offense! :lol:

No big deal. I really liked Hillis, and Quinn will be a good backup or push Orton for a starting position. Hard to say if its a step forward, but its not a step backward. For now, I'll consider it a step to the side. The good news is Simms is likely on his way out.

Nomad
03-14-2010, 07:56 PM

You think a QB will be taken at all in this draft????

Tned
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Vic Lombardi just tweeted this:

I'm told Orton is still the starter. Quinn is here to push him. Even if Quinn's the back-up, I like this trade.

Medford Bronco
03-14-2010, 08:08 PM
I know that I will get flamed for this but maybe Quinn
might do okay. He has played like 13 NFL games.

Not nearly enough information to base an NFL career on.

I will give him a chance.

Heck Josh McD got Cassel to play well in 2008.
Quinn is at least as talented as him right.

good luck to Hillis. I hope he plays well in Cleveland.

Tned
03-14-2010, 08:10 PM
I know that I will get flamed for this but maybe Quinn
might do okay. He has played like 13 NFL games.

Not nearly enough information to base an NFL career on.

I will give him a chance.

Heck Josh McD got Cassel to play well in 2008.
Quinn is at least as talented as him right.

good luck to Hillis. I hope he plays well in Cleveland.

Why you dirty..... :lol:

I think that more or less that's the sentiment that most of us have. He hasn't been able to win the starting job, but hasn't played in many games. His stock has plummeted, but he once considered to have a pretty bright future.

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 08:12 PM
If Quinn would stop lifting so many damn weights.....I mean you need to be strong but as QB I think it can hinder someone to get so big. Messes up your throwing motion

Medford Bronco
03-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Why you dirty..... :lol:

I think that more or less that's the sentiment that most of us have. He hasn't been able to win the starting job, but hasn't played in many games. His stock has plummeted, but he once considered to have a pretty bright future.

Heck most Qbs would struggle on that poor excuse of a team in Clevland

Good luck to Jake Dellome next year. He better have good cleats because he will be running for his life at times.

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Heck most Qbs would struggle on that poor excuse of a team in Clevland

Good luck to Jake Dellome next year. He better have good cleats because he will be running for his life at times.

With the Panthers paying him 12 million this year plus 7 million from cleveland....that cat is making some serious cash. And he sucks.

Medford Bronco
03-14-2010, 08:15 PM
With the Panthers paying him 12 million this year plus 7 million from cleveland....that cat is making some serious cash. And he sucks.

he does suck and is not a big upgrade from Quinn or Anderson IMO

HORSEPOWER 56
03-14-2010, 08:16 PM

Wow, that's the fastest depth chart determination in history. I don't think it will end up any different, but we haven't even started OTAs. A lot can happen between now and September.

Speaking of OTAs, has Orton said if he's coming or not? I know Dumervil and Marshall won't be attending. It'll be interesting to see if they let Quinn throw the rock around during OTAs if Orton doesn't show.

CrazyHorse
03-14-2010, 08:16 PM

I'm happy.

Tom Brady was a sixth rounder. So was Terrell Davis. Rod Smith wasn't even drafted.

turftoad
03-14-2010, 08:20 PM

He likes this trade for who? Cleveland?

ALL i know is that our QB sitch still sucks.

turftoad
03-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Tom Brady was a sixth rounder. So was Terrell Davis. Rod Smith wasn't even drafted.

Those guys are exceptions to the rule. Not many of those around.

OrangeHoof
03-14-2010, 08:21 PM

Speaking of a "very low price", how much is Quinn's salary given that he was expected to be a starter by now and possibly a Pro-Bowler? Of course, with no salcap, Bowlen can just eat the money if Quinn turns out to be a bust and it doesn't hurt as much because it isn't capped but, still, that contract may be why there was such a lack of interest before March 1st.

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Speaking of a "very low price", how much is Quinn's salary given that he was expected to be a starter by now and possibly a Pro-Bowler? Of course, with no salcap, Bowlen can just eat the money if Quinn turns out to be a bust and it doesn't hurt as much because it isn't capped but, still, that contract may be why there was such a lack of interest before March 1st.

His salary is probably very modest, considering most of his money was guaranteed up front. I wouldn't be concerned about his contract in the least.

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Does that reasoning have no end?

silkamilkamonico
03-14-2010, 08:27 PM

Quinn will reportedly be making $1.44 mil this season. The 2009 average salary for a backup QB was $1.67 mil.

Chump change.

Tned
03-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Quinn will reportedly be making $1.44 mil this season. The 2009 average salary for a backup QB was $1.67 mil.

Chump change.

About half of the $3 million that Simms is set to make. Simms $6 million over two years was BIG money for a backup with his recent history.

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
About half of the $3 million that Simms is set to make. Simms $6 million over two years was BIG money for a backup with his recent history.

Since there is no cap, shouldn't that hint that Simms is pretty much gone?

gregbroncs
03-14-2010, 08:58 PM
In every aspect of being a QB-from accuracy to arm strength, to athleticism, Cutler is light years ahead of Quinn.NOt every aspect. IQ and knowing which team he plays for seems to be a problem for Cutler.

jrelway
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
one things for sure, Quinns alot more mobile than Orton. He'll be able to buy more time and extend the play behind our rebuilding O line. Hell, anythings an upgrade over captain checkdown.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
http://twitter.com/josinaanderson

# Source in Quinn's camp tells Fox31 that Brady is expected to be in Denver tomm unless there's an unexpected change to his schedule
about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

# RT @cdotcombrowns Quinn quote: "I wish things would've worked out differently in Cleveland, but I'm excited for this opportunity.''

# RT @SI_JimTrotter: orton before the trade: "this is going to be my 4th yr as a starter and I've never been the highest-paid qb on my team."

# RT @SI_JimTrotter: spoke 2 kyle orton earlier 2day abt being an RFA in an uncapped yr. He wasn't happy. Hv 2 blv mre upset aft trade 4 quinn

MadMax
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
If the conditionals aren't too high then who cares, he's an extra qb with potential upside and we can always cut him for little cost. Besides I'm happy for Hillis McD and him didn't click right, but he didn't bitch and now he has a chance to start somewhere else.

D1g1tal j1m
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
I like this trade for the mere fact that it upgrades a position on the team that needed one. Simms showed that he was not a competent backup QB (whether it be his health or serious rust, he looked horrible when he was called upon) and so McD went out and upgraded it for the price of a 4th string rb and two low round picks (that are not going to come out of this years draft). Just think that last year if he was to try to pry away Quinn, he would have had to give up at least a 3rd round pick and then some for him.

Everyone saw that Simms was not going to be the answer and hoped that McD would upgrade it in the draft with a young and totally unproven college qb. Now he has done it with a still young QB (25 yr old) who has already faced the fire of NFL defenses.

Now I need not worry about hearing the Broncos selecting Tim Tebow in this coming draft.

broken12
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
You are right. Cassel looked pretty bad last year. But he didn't the year before, and thats why KC took the risk on him, paying him to a large contract and entrenching him as the future in KC. McDaniels was a large part of his success in NE. If you look at the year Tom Brady had the year before, and the success he had a good amount of the credit was given to Josh and the offense he was able to put together. Again, Orton wasn't a super star last year by any means, but considerably better than any year he's ever had.

I'm not interested in arguing or debating, have your opinion, and i'll have mine. That is all.

lol, cassell 2yrs ago was the most sacked qb in nfl, i probably wouldnt look that bad having moss and welker catching passes for me! all i know is he took one of the best offenses from two years ago and destroyed it! royal regressed and sheffler, although his numbers were up also regressed! to be honest i think its a good move for the future, but at that time we will need to update the defense, 8-8 again!

Shazam!
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I wouldve thought some wouldve been happier abou this.

nevcraw
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Hardly getting carried away. You don't have to look past gus like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady to figure that one out.

:confused:

your examples are 3 guys who are the complete package.. arm, accuracy, and smarts..

where's the upper echelon QB's who's noodle, inaccurate arms are made almost irrelevant by their heads..

this is why stephen hawking is not a nfl qb.

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I would be upset if I was Orton too. But luckily for me, I'm not. So I don't really give shit. QB play was a major reason we went 2-8 down the stretch, if we can improve our football team by adding Quinn, then great. All I'm trying to do is win a game.

On a positive note, Quinn and his family attend my brother in laws church in Dublin Ohio, my brother-in-law spoke with him this morning then called me and said Quinn is pretty excited to work under Josh McDaniels. Looks like Quinn was ready to peace the Browns for awhile.

Tned
03-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Jeraldo Rivera (who I can't stand) predicts that Big Ben gets traded (which I don't believe will happen), but if it did, maybe we can package Orton and Marshall for Big Ben.

broken12
03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I wouldve thought some wouldve been happier abou this.

oh dont get me wrong, i think he is better than orton, so i am happy about that! I just dont get the fact that he wants to start over again this year at the qb position, if he wanted him from the start that means he gonna start the year as the starter, whats this say about last years trade also? we traded one of the younger up and coming qb's in the league for a backup and some draft picks that wont do much for us in the near future! thats also a mistake!

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
lol, cassell 2yrs ago was the most sacked qb in nfl, i probably wouldnt look that bad having moss and welker catching passes for me! all i know is he took one of the best offenses from two years ago and destroyed it! royal regressed and sheffler, although his numbers were up also regressed! to be honest i think its a good move for the future, but at that time we will need to update the defense, 8-8 again!

Son, Josh McDaniels didn't play offensive line for the NE Patriots. Thats fine you dislike the move, but arguing for the sake of your own hate is something I'm simply not interested in.

broken12
Jeraldo Rivera (who I can't stand) predicts that Big Ben gets traded (which I don't believe will happen), but if it did, maybe we can package Orton and Marshall for Big Ben.

never work in mcd offense holds the ball too long and too many ints. you crazy!

Denver Native (Carol)
oh dont get me wrong, i think he is better than orton, so i am happy about that! I just dont get the fact that he wants to start over again this year at the qb position, if he wanted him from the start that means he gonna start the year as the starter, whats this say about last years trade also? we traded one of the younger up and coming qb's in the league for a backup and some draft picks that wont do much for us in the near future! thats also a mistake!

How can you be assured that Quinn will be the starter this year? That is what camp is for.

broken12
03-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Son, Josh McDaniels didn't play offensive line for the NE Patriots. Thats fine you dislike the move, but arguing for the sake of your own hate is something I'm simply not interested in.

read the post, like the move, cassell was in the system for a while also, he didnt learn it overnight! or in a year! all i know since mcd been running the offense in ne no superbowls have been won!