PDA

View Full Version : Report: Jets considering a trade for Marshall

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2010, 11:59 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35860068/ns/sports-player_news/

The Jets are having internal discussions regarding restricted free agent Brandon Marshall, sources tell Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Lombardi says the Jets would "love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick." It's hard to imagine the Broncos giving up their petulant star without getting a top draft pick, but Marshall would be a dynamic book end for Braylon Edwards. This news also sheds some light on what the Jets think of Jerricho Cotchery.

Source: National Football Post

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't think there is any light shed on what they think of Cotchery.... he hasn't been thought highly of in a long time. Not to mention they just spent a trade to get Edwards. That already told us what they thought of him.

EMB6903
03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Its not happening. Mcdaniels has already stated that a first rounder has to be involved.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Its not happening. Mcdaniels has already stated that a first rounder has to be involved.

Honestly, that doesn't mean anything. Never take what a coach says to the media, ESPECIALLY very early in any kind of negotiations, as fact.

WARHORSE
03-14-2010, 12:13 PM
First rounder involved...........yup.

Perhaps David Harris and their 2012 first rounder......:D

Id go for dat.

127 tackles.......5.5 sacks......2FF...........2INTs........

Yup. I could do that.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM

Even then I don't think Denver would let him go. They have the 29th overall pick, he is worth far more then that. If the Jets sign him to an offer sheet I believe Denver would match it in less then a heartbeat, the 6th pick is one thing, even a top fifteen pick, but the 29th? Unless the Jets are going to trade us Sanchez and a second round pick, then tell them to kiss are arses!

WARHORSE
03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Bad thing about trading players for players.............they want contracts.

Id take Harris and Mangold to do the deal........but both these guys will want to get paid.

Dont mind paying real players in their prime......but its always a risk, especially when we're in threat of a lockout.

Go find me a first rounder.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Id go for dat.

Yup. I could do that.

I doubt that will happen, and 2012...you mean 2011? I would take Harris and Sanchez and eliminate any picks...lol.

WARHORSE
03-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I doubt that will happen, and 2012...you mean 2011? I would take Harris and Sanchez and eliminate any picks...lol.

No, I meant 2012.

2011 if they would do it, sure.:D

jlarsiii
03-14-2010, 12:57 PM

Id go for dat.

Yup. I could do that.

Didn't we try to get Harris in exchange for Cutler last offseason? I am pretty sure there is no way they will give up Harris.

SR
03-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't think Marshall is leaving Denver.

Nomad
03-14-2010, 01:10 PM

You'll probably be right!!

Lancane
03-14-2010, 01:13 PM

That is what I would like to have happen...

I've been hoping that one day there is just a report that states "Brandon Marshall signs long-term deal, remains with the Broncos".

Tned
03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Even then I don't think Denver would let him go. They have the 29th overall pick, he is worth far more then that. If the Jets sign him to an offer sheet I believe Denver would match it in less then a heartbeat, the 6th pick is one thing, even a top fifteen pick, but the 29th? Unless the Jets are going to trade us Sanchez and a second round pick, then tell them to kiss are arses!

We still need a young, nickel back, we could use the 29th pick to pick one up...

Lancane
03-14-2010, 01:22 PM
We still need a young, nickel back, we could use the 29th pick to pick one up...

If McDaniels and Company went through on such a trade, what respect they re-earned from me, just speaking for myself, would be completely lost.

Tned
03-14-2010, 01:25 PM
If McDaniels and Company went through on such a trade, what respect they re-earned from me, just speaking for myself, would be completely lost.

I would have to see what players we got in return if it was a trade, or if they simply signed him and we got the 29th, who we got with the 29th pick.

I think the odds are VERY low that we could pick a player at 29 that would have the same on-field impact that Marshall has. Obviously it is possible, but the odds are low.

BroncoAV06
03-14-2010, 01:34 PM

Am I detecting a hint of sarcasim here Ned? I sure hope so!

Tned
03-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Am I detecting a hint of sarcasim here Ned? I sure hope so!

Let's just say after I posted that, I had to grab a napkin and wipe my chin, because it was dripping... ;)

CrazyHorse
03-14-2010, 01:54 PM
I hope not. They'll probably get Tomlinson too. They'll be freakin' stacked next year.

T.K.O.
03-14-2010, 01:55 PM
the article said "players" and they want to keep their 1st rnd pick.....
if its harris and a 2nd i would take it,if they throw in another quality player....GRAVY !
i like marshall but we know this team neeeds young defensive talent and harris fits the bill !

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Bad thing about trading players for players.............they want contracts.

Id take Harris and Mangold to do the deal........but both these guys will want to get paid.

Dont mind paying real players in their prime......but its always a risk, especially when we're in threat of a lockout.

Go find me a first rounder.

I would tke Mangold for marshall straight up. Mangold is the best C of this generation i believe

underrated29
03-14-2010, 02:17 PM
a center, a ILB and a pick... I might be able to go for that...

But really we need to clean them good. Because the 29th sucks and marshall is worth way way way way more.

BroncoAV06
03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
If Mangold is so legit why the hell would the Jets give him up? Come on people.

broken12
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
well heres the thing the jets cannot offer him a contract due to the fact they were a final four team, so then they would have to set up a trade! the only way the jets can sign him is if they lose a player at the same position to free agency!

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-14-2010, 02:45 PM

i dont think they would. but maybe they think they can change marshall, and would choose a HOF WR over a HOF C.

broncobryce
03-14-2010, 02:57 PM

Because we aren't going to give them Marshal for peanuts

Ziggy
03-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Homerism abounds. I would love to get David Harris and a first for Marshall. That's not happening outside of a Madden game. I think the FO takes any first round pick they can get and happily cut ties.

dogfish
03-14-2010, 03:41 PM
The Jets are having internal discussions regarding restricted free agent Brandon Marshall, sources tell Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Lombardi says the Jets would "love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick."

hunh. . . that's funny. . .

'cuz i'd love to get darrelle revis from them and not give up anything. . . that would really work a lot better for us than giving something in return. . .

so, savvy plan on their part. . . maybe when they're done they can call the titans and see if they'd like to trade chris johsnon for leon washington. . .

seriously, "package of players??" WTF is THAT supposed to mean? :lol: do they think they're going to send us kellen clemens and vernon gholston? jericho cotchery?

c'mon, man!

he is that legit, and they're NOT giving him up. . . they wouldn't give up harris last year, and if anything mangold might be a better player than harris. . .

speaking of which. . . it makes me laugh that last year people around here were ALLLL up in arms about the possibility of trading marshall for harris-- now, apparently more people have figured out who he is. . .

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
the 29th pick is not a bad pick in this year's draft. This is a very very deep draft. We sure as hell are not going to get the 6th pick, and the jets aren't going to give up the world for him... not when they do know that Marshall WILL be going.

We cant' pretend that Marshall is held in as high regard by our coach, as he is by some fans. They (Jets) aren't going to give up several players, and a pick.

They may package a player along with a pick. Not matter what we get, we won't get the value of Marshall's ability.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Homerism abounds. I would love to get David Harris and a first for Marshall. That's not happening outside of a Madden game. I think the FO takes any first round pick they can get and happily cut ties.

Have to disagree Zig, Denver could likely trade with Seattle or San Fran fro their second first round picks if that was so. I really don't think Denver will let him go as easily as some others believe.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 03:58 PM
the 29th pick is not a bad pick in this year's draft. This is a very very deep draft. We sure as hell are not going to get the 6th pick, and the jets aren't going to give up the world for him... not when they do know that Marshall WILL be going.

We cant' pretend that Marshall is held in as high regard by our coach, as he is by some fans. They aren't going to give up several players, and a pick.

They may package a player along with a pick. Not matter what we get, we won't get the value of Marshall's ability.

Rav, you may have a point...but even if the Jets trade a player and pick, or even a group of players, who are they really going to part with to really be worth the trade? I do not see them parting with any key starters, do you?

Braylon Edwards and the 125th overall pick? Or Braylon Edwards and some other player?

Ziggy
03-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Have to disagree Zig, Denver could likely trade with Seattle or San Fran fro their second first round picks if that was so. I really don't think Denver will let him go as easily as some others believe.

Time will tell. It may get to the point that the FO wants to get something in return for Brandon, if they are not going to sign him long term. His value won't get any higher than it is right now. Even if he has another great year, he becomes a year older and that equals out his performance. If he gets injured before he is traded, he has no value whatsoever, and we'll start to hear everyone complaining that we didn't get anything for him while we had the chance. If Seattle or San Fran gave up one of thier firsts, I'd be happier than a pig in slop. A team like the Jets or Cowboys can come in and get him for a later first. If we wanted to keep him, he would have been tendered at a 1st and 3rd like Doom was. We put a big "for sale" sign on him with the tender we gave him. A first rounder and a big fat contract takes him. I really doubt the Broncos match any contract offer.

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:16 PM
McD said how much he liked Hillis, and looked forward to him being a contributing player for years in Denver.

Still think McD will only take a first to get rid of Marshall? Still think that his word on these things are completely honest to the media and fans?

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Rav, you may have a point...but even if the Jets trade a player and pick, or even a group of players, who are they really going to part with to really be worth the trade? I do not see them parting with any key starters, do you?

Braylon Edwards and the 125th overall pick? Or Braylon Edwards and some other player?

Oh.. I have no idea. I'm not one to speculate on trades like that...because the only names people ever bring up are the ones we know the Jets arent' going to get rid of. Block-buster trades (big name for big name) are just very rare in the NFL.

So I think its a mid-range player, along with the first round pick... maybe a future pick as well (low round). But I just don't believe that McD is as "strict" on the top value as some would like to believe in this situation. I think he wants Marshall gone.

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
The only players I'd want from the Jets are Nick Mangold and David Harris. If none of those players are involved, pass.

Lancane
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh.. I have no idea. I'm not one to speculate on trades like that...because the only names people ever bring up are the ones we know the Jets arent' going to get rid of. Block-buster trades (big name for big name) are just very rare in the NFL.

So I think its a mid-range player, along with the first round pick... maybe a future pick as well (low round). But I just don't believe that McD is as "strict" on the top value as some would like to believe in this situation. I think he wants Marshall gone.

Watch us trade Marshall for Edwards and a pick, we have traded for Quinn...it's the Ohio Connection...lol

Ravage!!!
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Watch us trade Marshall for Edwards and a pick, we have traded for Quinn...it's the Ohio Connection...lol

:lol: ahahaha..... HEY, they already have the chemistry!!

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Time will tell. It may get to the point that the FO wants to get something in return for Brandon, if they are not going to sign him long term. His value won't get any higher than it is right now. Even if he has another great year, he becomes a year older and that equals out his performance. If he gets injured before he is traded, he has no value whatsoever, and we'll start to hear everyone complaining that we didn't get anything for him while we had the chance. If Seattle or San Fran gave up one of thier firsts, I'd be happier than a pig in slop. A team like the Jets or Cowboys can come in and get him for a later first. If we wanted to keep him, he would have been tendered at a 1st and 3rd like Doom was. We put a big "for sale" sign on him with the tender we gave him. A first rounder and a big fat contract takes him. I really doubt the Broncos match any contract offer.

Why is it when other teams put "only" a 1st rd tender on a player, they're simply doing it to find out his worth...

...but when Denver does it, it's because they're actively shopping him? :confused:

rcsodak
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM

Funny, rav, but it was just last week when you were SURE Marshall wasn't going to garner even a 1st rd pick. Now, it's "a mid-range player, along with the first round pick... maybe a future pick as well (low round). "?

Love your stick-to-it-iveness. :lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Send his ass there for the 29th pick and Gholston.

dogfish
03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Send his ass there for the 29th pick and Gholston.

i was a big fan of gholston coming out of OSU, but if rex ryan can't get anything out of him, i gotta suspect odds are pretty great there isn't much to get. . .

WARHORSE
03-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Gholston is a waste of a roster spot.

Brandon and Seattle worked out what his contract demands would be.

I dont believe they will sign him to an offer sheet.

They will let the end of RFAncy come and go, trying to put pressure on Denver, letting them think they are fine moving on without him.

Seattle wants to get Denver into the warroom on draft day, cause teams tend to give up more when theyre trying to get draft picks on draft day.

Denver should stick to their guns.

This may also be a time where Seattle may want to see who falls to the 6th pick first, before making a decision.

Knowing Brandons contract parameters helps them make the trade on draft day.

If the Jets were serious, they would be doing the same, unless they got word of his contract demands from his agent.

This is a cat and mouse game, and I dont believe Seattle is going to let Brandon get away.

They have too much wrapped up in Hoshyomama to go into next season with some lame rookie on the other side, or Branch.

Not happenin.:coffee:

ikillz0mbies
03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Marshall for Edwards is an interesting idea, but it would defeat the Jets' purpose of the trade. I'm sure they want another good receiver to pair with Edwards. They trade Edwards, and they're in the same spot before the trade. It should be David Harris + 3rd rounder or something close. That should be equal compensation. I keep mentioning Harris because I'm oozing at the idea of him with Williams, Dumervil, and Martindale coaching him....That's the only trade I would accept for Marshall.

gregbroncs
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
McD said how much he liked Hillis, and looked forward to him being a contributing player for years in Denver.

Still think McD will only take a first to get rid of Marshall? Still think that his word on these things are completely honest to the media and fans?
Do you want him to be?

I don't. I want a poker player as a GM and or coach. Unfortunately MCD has popped off to the media a few times where he did not seem to be playing the poker player very well. But with Hillis he did and I hope he is with Marshall. If Marshall can not come back(I still kind of hope he will get an extension) then get all you can for him.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2010, 09:19 PM
http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

RT @judybattista: One more Jets tidbit: I'm told that the rumors about them going after Brandon Marshall "have no legs."
29 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Tned
03-14-2010, 09:21 PM
http://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

RT @judybattista: One more Jets tidbit: I'm told that the rumors about them going after Brandon Marshall "have no legs."
29 minutes ago via UberTwitter

She covers the NFL for the NY Times, so presumably has decent contacts with the Jets and Giants.

Shazam!
03-14-2010, 09:32 PM
In a ****ing DREAM Marshall is coming here to the NYJ.

They'll never package what is needed to pull the trigger.

That's all these idiots in NY sports scene are talking about, besides the Nets moving to Brooklyn (that nobody cares anyway).

They burned up the papers and airwaves "Jets must get Cutler" last year too.

Where he would be needed even more is on the other side with the NYG. That is a team in desperate need at WR ever since the loss of Plexiglass Buress, and theyd have ammo to deal with too.

It isnt happening with Gang Green, thats my prediction.

JDL
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I DOUBT they would ever do this... but I would do David Harris ILB, Damien Woody G/C and Cotchery for Marshall in a heartbeat.

I think the deal breaker would likely be Woody, but he is playing out of position at RT there and I can't see the Jest wanting to touch that OL at all... but I'd throw Scheffler in as well to sweeten the pot. ;) It would solve our Center issue, it would give us a bigger possession WR (though his Yds/rec were way up last year and receptions way down..go figure) - the best part would be Harris who we wanted last year.

Honestly - that would be WAY better than draft picks.

JONtheBRONCO
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Jets might make a play. But it will make the Denver brass roar in laughter. I can see the Jets trying to low-ball the Broncos. I mean who do they have on the roster we would want anyway? And I'm talking realistically, because if you think Mangold or Harris are going anywhere, they aren't. Both are very important to the Jets. Aside from those two, I really wouldn't want anyone (notice I didn't even mention Revis). I like Rex, but i get the feeling Rex's offer would involve a couple average guys along with a 3rd and his ego would convince himself the trade would work.

Broncolingus
03-15-2010, 01:32 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35860068/ns/sports-player_news/

Lombardi says the Jets would "love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick." It's hard to imagine the Broncos giving up their petulant star without getting a top draft pick, but Marshall would be a dynamic book end for Braylon Edwards. This news also sheds some light on what the Jets think of Jerricho Cotchery.

Source: National Football Post

That guy's name is just one little ole letter off from being a friggin classic...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/a/a9/Rmachine.jpg

Tned
03-15-2010, 08:16 AM
That guy's name is just one little ole letter off from being a friggin classic...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/a/a9/Rmachine.jpg

Every time I read his name somewhere, my head inserts the "R". Not sure where it started, but it's stuck in there now.

Lonestar
03-15-2010, 10:30 AM
If the jets sign him to a tender sheet.

We ha ve two options accept their #1 choice at 30+ or match their offer sheet.

We do not have the option of asking for a player and a choice. UNLESS we match the contarct and then offer to trade him.

Unless they NEED him that bad they will tell us to pound sand.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

turftoad
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
If the jets sign him to a tender sheet.

We ha ve two options accept their #1 choice at 30+ or match their offer sheet.

We do not have the option of asking for a player and a choice. UNLESS we match the contarct and then offer to trade him.

Unless they NEED him that bad they will tell us to pound sand.

This is true. That said, I believe unless it's a top 10 pick (or close to it) that we match whatever offer sheet comes around.
Even though he's a pain, I think McD knows what he's worth.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/3602-faq-on-the-cba-from-the-nfl

Q. What is the Final Eight Plan?

A. During the Final League Year, the eight clubs that make the Divisional Playoffs in the previous season have additional restrictions that limit their ability to sign unrestricted free agents from other clubs. In general, the four clubs participating in the championship games are limited in the number of free agents that they may sign; the limit is determined by the number of their own free agents signing with other clubs. They cannot sign any UFAs unless one of theirs is signed by another team.

underrated29
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/3602-faq-on-the-cba-from-the-nfl

Q. What is the Final Eight Plan?

A. During the Final League Year, the eight clubs that make the Divisional Playoffs in the previous season have additional restrictions that limit their ability to sign unrestricted free agents from other clubs. In general, the four clubs participating in the championship games are limited in the number of free agents that they may sign; the limit is determined by the number of their own free agents signing with other clubs. They cannot sign any UFAs unless one of theirs is signed by another team.

and LT signed with the Jets. Which means...... Someone of their FA has to go otherwise they CANNOT offer brandon a contract, only trade-which will not happen.

frauschieze
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
and LT signed with the Jets. Which means...... Someone of their FA has to go otherwise they CANNOT offer brandon a contract, only trade-which will not happen.

Marshall is an RFA, not a UFA. The article Carol posted didn't address any RFA signing restrictions.

underrated29
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Marshall is an RFA, not a UFA. The article Carol posted didn't address any RFA signing restrictions.

I thought that also meant that they can not sign any RFA to an offer sheet unless they lose a player to FA.?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM

There does appear to be a difference. Thanks for pointing that out.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I thought that also meant that they can not sign any RFA to an offer sheet unless they lose a player to FA.?

So far, I have not found anything on stipulations on the playoff teams in regards to signing RFAs.

frauschieze
03-15-2010, 12:09 PM
So far, I have not found anything on stipulations on the playoff teams in regards to signing RFAs.

Thinking about it logically, I wouldn't think there would be. The point (I think) in limiting the number of unrestricted free agents a playoff team can sign would be to prevent them from getting too strong. In order to sign a restricted free agent, the team who signs has to give up draft picks in the upcoming draft, which evens things out, just like the lose one UFA/sign one UFA does.

All conjecture, but it seems to make sense to me.

Lonestar
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Frau you are correct.

While almost NO RFA have been signed in the past. Now it is a different ball game as about 200 that should have hit UFA this year are still RFA.

You must have a tnedered draft choice to sigb one.

Like Chicago can't sign BM bcause they do not ha ve a #1 we already own it. Or Sea can't use our #14, they have to use their own pick.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Hence why no one is giving the first round tenders an offer sheet. Not to a single one. Why? Because they will wait until they sign their tender, and then offer up something different. There is no loss. If they attempt to trade for a player with something other than the 1st round tender, and it can't be worked out... then the most they give up is the 1st round that was initially asked for.

Traveler
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Jets | Not interested in Marshall
Comment (0)
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:11:39 -0700

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports via Twitter that the New York Jets do not have interest in pursuing Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0iMhkJzEf

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
If you look at the teams whose needs have WR listed in the top 3...there really arent many left. At least no one that would need one enough to give up a first or more for him.

Miami - no chance.
Baltimore - signed Stallworth, re-signed Mason, acquired Boldin
Cincinnati - signed Bryant
Cleveland - Holmgren would never do it
Jacksonville - need too much elsewhere
Jets - not interested
Rams - draft pick too high
Seattle - already walked away
Tampa Bay - draft pick too high
Carolina - no 1st rounder
Chicago - no 1st rounder

That pretty much leaves Marshall in Denver as far as I see it

Nickademus
03-16-2010, 02:03 PM
you left the giants off that list. and I would bet anything that NYJ called denver and was told about the price tag and then lost all interest.

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM
If you look at the teams whose needs have WR listed in the top 3...there really arent many left. At least no one that would need one enough to give up a first or more for him.

Miami - no chance.
Jets - not interested
Chicago - no 1st rounder

I agree. I am putting it at
80% he stays
20% he leaves

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
you left the giants off that list. and I would bet anything that NYJ called denver and was told about the price tag and then lost all interest.

I think with the emergence of Steve Smith and Manningham and having drafted Nicks and Barden last year that the Giants are off the list. Plus...they need that #1 pick for a LB

Ravage!!!
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Seattle has NOT walked away. Thats inaccurate. Just because people haven't offered up a first round pick, doesn't mean they aren't interested. Not ONE player, at any position in the ENTIRE NFL, has received an offer if they had a 1st round tender. Its silly to think that Seattle (or any other team) has walked away.

Not to mention, its a VERY VERY good possibility that we trade Marshall away for less than a first. Like Seattle's pick at 38.

dogfish
03-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Miami - no chance.
Jets - not interested
Chicago - no 1st rounder

it's early, and a lot can still change before the draft. . . i agree with rav that we should start to see some movement once all these RFAs have signed their tenders. . .

i also still wonder just how much josh wants to get rid of brandon-- does he want him gone badly enough to accept a lower price? if we can't get a 1st, would he consider a higher 2nd, or some package of players and picks?

i don't think this thing is over yet by ANY means. . .

but if he does stay in denver, it's fine with me. . . i don't consider him a hundred percent reliable, but he was a huge part of our offense last year, the only guy who consistently made plays-- i absolutely think we're better with him on the field. . . given the reliability issues, i'm not against moving him for the right price, but i sure won't look at it as a loss if he stays, either. . . shore up the interior OL, and we might actually have a workable offense next year if josh can discover the part of the playbook that has stuff other than screens and button hooks. . .

CoachChaz
03-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Seattle has NOT walked away. Thats inaccurate. Just because people haven't offered up a first round pick, doesn't mean they aren't interested. Not ONE player, at any position in the ENTIRE NFL, has received an offer if they had a 1st round tender. Its silly to think that Seattle (or any other team) has walked away.

Not to mention, its a VERY VERY good possibility that we trade Marshall away for less than a first. Like Seattle's pick at 38.

Let me fix this to something more plausible for you.

"Not to mention, its a possibility that we trade Marshall away for less than a first. Like Seattle's pick at 38"

I know some people immediately assume and some I feel even HOPE that McD would do something like this, but really? Sorry, I just dont see Denver being fully prepared for the draft and having a plan and then selling a top commodity for less than value so they can draft the back-up guard they are interested in.

#1dolphinfan
03-16-2010, 03:06 PM
As a Dolphin fan who loves Brandon Marshall as a player it would make me sick to see him in a Jets uniform i dont know why the Broncos would want to trade him to the Jets anyways if anything i think that will give them a huge push to make it to the super bowl having 2 #1 WRs, 2 good RBs, a good TE, a good young QB, and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and the #1 defense in the NFL i think if they end up getting Marshall they will win the super bowl.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
Let me fix this to something more plausible for you.

"Not to mention, its a possibility that we trade Marshall away for less than a first. Like Seattle's pick at 38"

I know some people immediately assume and some I feel even HOPE that McD would do something like this, but really? Sorry, I just dont see Denver being fully prepared for the draft and having a plan and then selling a top commodity for less than value so they can draft the back-up guard they are interested in.

you might be right.

I guess I just see it as Marshall as being gone. I don't see him here next season, and truly don't believe the coach wants him here. So as of right now, I WANT the Broncos to get the most for him that they can. Its just not going to be a 6th pick in the draft.

Seattle MIGHT trade back the 14th pick that they acquired from us last year. But I'm not going to be shocked at all (and in fact I expect it)... that we trade marshall for a 2nd this year (maybe Seattle's 38th pick) and a 3rd or 4th in next years draft (or some kind of trade of picks that equal to roughly that same kind of value). Not because Marshall isn't worth more, but because everyone knows Marshall isn't wanted in Denver.

It seems that some believe McD will just coach Marshall, but I don't think so. IMO, Marshall is out of here, and now its just a matter of getting the most we can to make it happen.

Nomad
03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Screw it! Marshall wins sign his ass to big contract, so the drama will go away as far as trading and such!! But keep your police blotters handy!!;)

Ravage!!!
03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
As a Dolphin fan who loves Brandon Marshall as a player it would make me sick to see him in a Jets uniform i dont know why the Broncos would want to trade him to the Jets anyways if anything i think that will give them a huge push to make it to the super bowl having 2 #1 WRs, 2 good RBs, a good TE, a good young QB, and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL, and the #1 defense in the NFL i think if they end up getting Marshall they will win the super bowl.

You can't simply ignore gtting whats best for YOUR team by being worried about what it does for another team. Rarely do you see any team avoid trading to another team, unless they re in the same division. I don't think the Broncos would be worried one bit how this might 'help' the Jets, and would be purely concerned with how it helps themselves.

Ziggy
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Seattle has the 40th pick, not the 38th. I'd still take it and a 3rd, or 2nd next season and do the trade.