PDA

View Full Version : March Maddness Tourny Central

BroncoAV06
03-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Selection show is tomorrow. Tournoments still to be decided, Big East and Mountain West conference finals today, ACC, Big 12, Big 10, tomorrow.

Champ Week:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/champweek2010/

Bubble Watch:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bubblewatch

broncophan
03-13-2010, 02:43 PM
What a great time of year .......somewher a "bubble" team is unhappy, with Houston winning their conference tournament...
Akron plays Ohio U. today for the conference tourney championship.The McKnight brothers, for Akron are from my small hometown here in Ohio.....so I will be rooting for them.

BroncoAV06
03-14-2010, 01:27 PM
As of this morning it looks like only 3-4 bubble spots are still up for grabs. Utah St. ASU, CAL, Illinois, Memphis, FLorida, just a few teams off the top of my head looking for an invite.

Minnesota and Miss St could steal bids in their conference title games.

BroncoAV06
03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Holy toledo batman, this SEC title game is a good one. Cousins with the put back to send it to OT.

Italianmobstr7
03-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Go cuse!!!

OrangeHoof
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Somebody "splain" to me how Kentucky winds up with the #1 seed in the East while Duke and Syracuse are sent to the South and West regions respectively?

And I noticed that Oklahoma City will host the matchup between Florida and BYU. The catch? Those two schools are perhaps the most responsible for deflating Oklahoma Sooner football hopes the past two years. Don't thing they won't hear about it when they travel to OKC either. Their coaches ought to bring food-testers with them.

Nomad
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
What a great time of year .......somewher a "bubble" team is unhappy, with Houston winning their conference tournament...
Akron plays Ohio U. today for the conference tourney championship.The McKnight brothers, for Akron are from my small hometown here in Ohio.....so I will be rooting for them.

I don't watch college basketball very often but it's funny how this tournament lures everyone to watch!

OrangeHoof
03-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't watch college basketball very often but it's funny how this tournament lures everyone to watch!

It's the "office pool" stuff. If you aren't participating, you're not in the conversation for the next three weeks and you have to pick up the real work around the office since you aren't fixated on Northern Iowa vs. UNLV.

It's also the fact that finally, after five long months, basketball teams are playing games that truly matter. March Madness makes all that leads up to it completely irrelevant and not worthy of our attention.

Nomad
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
It's the "office pool" stuff. If you aren't participating, you're not in the conversation for the next three weeks and you have to pick up the real work around the office since you aren't fixated on Northern Iowa vs. UNLV.

It's also the fact that finally, after five long months, basketball teams are playing games that truly matter. March Madness makes all that leads up to it completely irrelevant and not worthy of our attention.

I don't work in an office but I undertand what you are getting at! For me, it's the cinderella story that I want to see. Alot of competativeness in this tournament and that's what I look forward to!!

BroncoAV06
03-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Somebody "splain" to me how Kentucky winds up with the #1 seed in the East while Duke and Syracuse are sent to the South and West regions respectively?

And I noticed that Oklahoma City will host the matchup between Florida and BYU. The catch? Those two schools are perhaps the most responsible for deflating Oklahoma Sooner football hopes the past two years. Don't thing they won't hear about it when they travel to OKC either. Their coaches ought to bring food-testers with them.

Its all about the other teams in the region. You can not play a team from your same conference in the 1st two rounds unless there is no way around it. The higher seeds are given early round games as close to home as possible, Cuse plays first round game in Buffalo and they are the 4th #1 seed so they get sent out west after that.

BroncoAV06
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/basketball/ncaa/men/2010/ncaa_tourney/brackets/tourney_m.pdf

Printable bracket for you.

Duke looks to have the "easiest" path to the Final Four and Kansas the overall #1 seed has some loaded teams, Ohio St. G-Town and if Vasqez is hot for Maryland they can knock off anyone.

BroncoAV06
03-18-2010, 10:14 AM
My Final Four-Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky West Virgina.

WVU over Kansas for the title...

broncophan
03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Kansas, Pitt, Marquette, and Villanova for me

Kansas over Nova in the final...

and Nova is losing at halftime right now........yikes.....

Nomad
03-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Pretty good first day so far!! ODU knocks off ND and BYU in OT with UF!

Devilspawn
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm rooting for UNLV and UC Santa Barbara. If they do meet in the tourney, then I've already won.

One thing though, I had no faith in Notre Dummy but put them past the first game in my bracket. Now Robert Morris is beating Villanova, who I had in the Final Four. And this is a money league. Sheesh.

Nomad
03-18-2010, 02:14 PM
This Nova game is good!:popcorn:

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I went with Kansas, Kentucky, Pitt and Villanova with Kansas winning it all.

Then I had Notre Dame getting to the Sweet 16....the **** of the Irish!

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Murray St. upsets Vanderbilt on a buzzer beater. I had that one which should make up for the Notre Dame loss.

Nomad
03-18-2010, 04:54 PM
I'll be watching the Wash vs Marquette game!!

Northman
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
So far ive only lost the Murray St. game. Villanova needs to play a lot better than they did today. I have them going pretty far in the tourney.

BroncoAV06
03-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Missed on BYU (just don't like em so I went against them), amd Murry St. Had Vandy beating Butler then losing in the sweet 16 so that hurt a little.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't want to jinx them but Ohio is beating up Georgetown now at halftime. While I had Georgetown like most others, I had them losing in the next round so it doesn't hurt me as badly as some others if the Hoyas lose.

What I can't stand is when you go to CBS Sports.com or ESPN.com and look at their nationwide tournament and there's always some joker who has the entire bracket correct with all the upsets and the near-upsets. I don't see how anyone can do that.

Devilspawn
03-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Come on Vegas! Damn!

I forgot to mention my Huskies. I bet none of my 3 teams makes it out the first round.

BroncoAV06
03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Not only did Ohio beat GTown they dropped 97 on them! UNLV falls to UNI, oh Rebels.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I forgot to mention my Huskies. I bet none of my 3 teams makes it out the first round.

I don't think either of my two schools get out of the first round either.

It's a final! Georgetown is out! Ohio moves on. It's a loss on my bracket but a win in my heart.

Devilspawn
03-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm glad I went with my head and didn't take UNLV, UCSB or Washington, but still.

Northman
03-18-2010, 08:46 PM
The Huskies are about to kill me. Come on Marquette!

Nomad
03-18-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm glad I went with my head and didn't take UNLV, UCSB or Washington, but still.

Where's the love for your Huskies:tsk:!! :D Marq is usually a tough team in these tournaments!!

Northman
03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
I didnt realize that Isaiah's son played for Wash. Thats pretty cool to see.

Nomad
03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I don't get the jump ball thing! Sometimes the team that has control over the struggle doesn't get the ball:confused: maybe I need a basketball for dummies book!!

Northman
03-18-2010, 08:57 PM
I don't get the jump ball thing! Sometimes the team that has control over the struggle doesn't get the ball:confused: maybe I need a basketball for dummies book!!

Its an alternate possession. So next time there's a jump ball it will go to Marquette.

Nomad
03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
What a great opening day of NCAA tournament basketball!!

Northman
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Marquette just started playing scared down the stretch. They got owned in the final 10 minutes. lol

Devilspawn
03-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Where's the love for your Huskies:tsk:!! :D Marq is usually a tough team in these tournaments!!

oops :D Washington pulled it off. :elefant:

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Kansas is spotting Lehigh a 12-4 lead in the first six minutes. Wake is putting Texas out of its misery. If there was any 8-9 game that was 'no contest', it was this one. Texas hasn't beaten a good team since they were rocked out of the #1 ranking.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
16-12 Kansas now. Lehigh is suddenly Lelow.

Northman
03-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Kansas is spotting Lehigh a 12-4 lead in the first six minutes. Wake is putting Texas out of its misery. If there was any 8-9 game that was 'no contest', it was this one. Texas hasn't beaten a good team since they were rocked out of the #1 ranking.

Much to my chagrin. WF is my second favorite team but i did not think the could handle UT. They are proving me wrong so i might get happy except for the fact that i have Texas going a bit of ways here. :tsk::lol:

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Texas has actually come back to lead at the half. This may come down to which team wants it least.

Kansas seems content to toy with Lehigh like a cat toying with a mouse. They could seemingly blow them out whenever they want to but they are letting them stay around for the amusement factor.

Northman
03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Texas has actually come back to lead at the half. This may come down to which team wants it least.

Kansas seems content to toy with Lehigh like a cat toying with a mouse. They could seemingly blow them out whenever they want to but they are letting them stay around for the amusement factor.

That matchup REALLY scares me. :lol:

I have KU winning it all and all i could do i laugh if they actually lost that game tonight.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Tennessee survives. Texas is now pouring it on in OT. Can Wake come back?

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Now back within two. :30 left.

Now within one. :15 left.

Montana is hanging around against New Mexico also.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 11:31 PM
And Wake pulls it out...81-80. Sorry, Horns. It would have been worse on Saturday.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Lobos lead by 3 and the ball with less than a minute to play.

OrangeHoof
03-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Man, free throws at the end of the game are such a killer if you can't convert. New Mexico up by 5 with scant time left.

They survive!

I go 13-3 on opening night which is better than I usually do. Only one team gone that I had winning in the next round.

BroncoAV06
03-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Them of the day, close games. That's UNM mo folks, every game this year has been close, there 15 game win streak, largest margrin of victory was 15 or points. They have that closing instinct though, never panic, and get it done.

BroncoAV06
03-19-2010, 01:41 AM
I didnt realize that Isaiah's son played for Wash. Thats pretty cool to see.

That's not actually his son.

broncophan
03-19-2010, 05:29 AM
I just checked espn's tournament challenge page and 56 people still have a perfect bracket, after day one.I realize there are about 5 million entries.....but the fact that 56 people picked all 16 of yesterday's games correctly is amazing......
Unfortunately........I was 8-8 in yesterday's games........awful.....

Alot of fun watching the games though.....

GO BUCKS tonight......

Northman
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
That's not actually his son.

Oh really? Just the same name?

BroncoAV06
03-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Oh really? Just the same name?

From what I remember his Dad had a bet with his friend if the pistons won the finals back in the day he would name his son that since he was not a Pistons fan but his friend was.

Broncolingus
03-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Watching the Hoyas lose yesterday was (as always) just glorious...

Go Bobcats!!! :D

OrangeHoof
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Other than Cornell's upset of Temple, everything is going according to plan this afternoon. What's left is the All-Aggie battle between Utah St. and Texas A&M. A&M leads by 7 with 12 minutes to go.

Northman
03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
The second day always seems to get me the most. Man, tough day so far lets hope i fair better tonight.

BroncoAV06
03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Temple hurt me. So far I have lost 3 sweet sixteen teams in Vandy, GTown, and Temple. Everyone was on Cornell but I pretty much went against all the upsets this year just because.

Northman
03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Temple hurt me. Everyone was on Cornell but I pretty much went against all the upsets this year just because.

Yea, i had heard that Cornell gave Kansas a good game and that people had them making a good run. But then i heard some other guy say that it was a fluke and that Temple was the way to go. Usually Temple is a beast come tourney time but i guess Cornell was for real. I also picked Clemson and a couple of areas that ended up losing so my day is pretty much shot. But, i think down the stretch i have the right teams where they need to be to get back in it.

BroncoBJ
03-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Why does everyone listen to what everyone says? :lol:

I've never been like that, though maybe that could be why I never win.

But damn I got hurt today by picking Siena ( to the sweet 16) and picking Woffard .... Probably the only one who picked them but they came up just short :(

Also picked a few other upsets that came up short and got a few right.

Pretty disgusted though with my picks. But still gotta chance. :elefant:

Northman
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Why does everyone listen to what everyone says? :lol:

I've never been like that, though maybe that could be why I never win.

But damn I got hurt today by picking Siena ( to the sweet 16) and picking Woffard .... Probably the only one who picked them but they came up just short :(

Also picked a few other upsets that came up short and got a few right.

Pretty disgusted though with my picks. But still gotta chance. :elefant:

I picked Siena too. I dont base my entire bracket on the say so of the commentators but i just happened to catch some airtime about the Temple/Cornell matchup and allowed it to sway me. But really, i havent played that close attention this year but enough to judge who is capable of doing what. Right now one of my upset picks of Georgia Tech is falling behind but Duke is doing what i thought they would right now.

BroncoAV06
03-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Hence why I went against what everyone said.

BroncoBJ
03-19-2010, 07:07 PM
I picked Siena too. I dont base my entire bracket on the say so of the commentators but i just happened to catch some airtime about the Temple/Cornell matchup and allowed it to sway me. But really, i havent played that close attention this year but enough to judge who is capable of doing what. Right now one of my upset picks of Georgia Tech is falling behind but Duke is doing what i thought they would right now.

Yea, I like to listen to the commentators and see what they have to say and what not but I dont base my picks off them. I went against all grains and picked some odd picks anyways... ( like I do every year).

In order to win you gotta have some guts imo and I sure do that. I just really hate the people that dont pick any upsets and pick every favorite. Thats what I dont like. And when you get an upset right, it feels great. :salute:

OrangeHoof
03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
It's guaranteed that if you just keep picking the higher seeds, you'll lose and if you pick too many upsets, you'll lose so the trick is to pick a few upsets and hope those are the games that go your way.

My two biggest reaches this year were (13) Murray St. over (4) Vanderbilt (won that) and (13) Houston over (4) Maryland (in progress). My only losses were 9-8 games or ones where the favorite lost (like Temple, Georgetown and Notre Dame), although I did pick Utah St. to upset Texas A&M and lost.

Odd thing is that I didn't do much research this year. I wasn't really all that enthused this season but I'm off to one of my better starts. Usually, I can't win an 8-9 or 7-10 game to save my life.

broncophan
03-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Usually I have 5 or 6 losses after round 1......but this year I have 12 losses.I had Marquette in the final 4....what the hell was I thinking?? Still have 12 of my final 16....and 6 of my final 8.....so still hoping to at least have my bracket turn out to be respectable............:mad:...........oh well.....still alot of fun to watch all the games.

Will root for upsets.......and hope my buckeyes can keep on winning.......

Also......looking forward to the Oklahoma lady sooners in the women's tournament.....they are my favorite womens team.....and the main reason is their good looking coach....:D..Sherri Coale.....if you get a chance......check her out.....:eek:

GO BUCKS.....

BroncoAV06
03-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Mischigan St barely pulled one out against them Aggies of New Mexico St. Other then that yesterday was a quite day compaired to Thursday.

Northman
03-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Im currently in 3rd place in my bracket. Had a tough day yesterday missing on my upset picks. The evening went better than the earlier games thats for sure.

BroncoAV06
03-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Todays action:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=Ag26Uj5K1UCsmYWxwSiCpHI5nYcB?slug=ys-ncaacaps031910&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

EAST REGIONAL
No. 3 New Mexico vs. No. 11 Washington
SITE: San Jose, Calif.
TIME: 5:50 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Spero Dedes play-by-play, Bob Wenzel analyst
THE SPREAD: Washington by 1.5
RECORDS: New Mexico 30-4, Washington 25-9
HOW THEY GOT HERE: New Mexico d. No. 14 Montana 62-57; Washington d. No. 6 Marquette 80-78.
THE BUZZ: New Mexico has shown that it is comfortable in a fast-paced game or in a half-court contest. Washington has to have a fast pace if it is to win again. The Lobos had problems with Montana’s height in the first round, but that won’t be a problem in this one. As with New Mexico, Washington is a bit undersized but makes up for it by crashing the boards. New Mexico star swingman Darington Hobson injured his hand in the first round. If he’s not 100 percent, the Lobos will be in trouble. The Lobos enjoy a big-time advantage in perimeter shooting.

No. 1 Kentucky vs. No. 9 Wake Forest
SITE: New Orleans
TIME: 8:15 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Dick Enberg play-by-play, Jay Bilas analyst
THE SPREAD: Kentucky by 9
RECORDS: Kentucky 33-2, Wake Forest 20-10
HOW THEY GOT HERE: Kentucky d. No. 16 East Tennessee State 100-71; Wake Forest d. No. 8 Texas 81-80 (OT).
THE BUZZ: Wake prevailed in the first round despite being sloppy with the ball. If the Demon Deacons are that careless again, this could get ugly. Wake needs big games from C Chas McFarland and F Al-Farouq Aminu. The Demon Deacons, who shot barely 31 percent from 3-point range during the regular season, also need to find a way to be productive from the perimeter. There is no way they pull the upset if all the points have to come in the paint. While Wake has been sloppy with the ball, the Demon Deacons also do a nice job of forcing turnovers. That bears watching in this one because UK doesn’t always take care of the ball.

SOUTH REGIONAL
No. 2 Villanova vs. No. 10 Saint Mary’s
SITE: Providence, R.I.
TIME: 1 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Verne Lundquist play-by-play, Bill Raftery analyst
THE SPREAD: Villanova by 4.5
RECORDS: Villanova 25-7, Saint Mary’s 27-5
HOW THEY GOT HERE: Villanova d. No. 15 Robert Morris 73-70 (OT); Saint Mary’s d. No. 7 Richmond 80-71.
THE BUZZ: Villanova was lucky to win in the first round. The Wildcats certainly didn’t play like a No. 2 seed. Saint Mary’s didn’t play like a No. 10 seed, beating Richmond more decisively than the final score would indicate. Villanova could have problems with Gaels C Omar Samhan, a deft scorer in the paint whose bulk makes his hard to handle. Look for Villanova coach Jay Wright to use his bench extensively. Saint Mary’s lacks depth and it’s important to continue to put pressure on Gaels Gs Mickey McConnell and Matthew Dellavedova. Villanova needs its guards to get into the lane and make Samhan make some defensive plays. Saint Mary’s hits better than 41 percent from 3-point range. If the Gaels’ perimeter shots fall, Samhan is going to have a lot of room to operate against a smallish Villanova frontcourt.

No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 11 Old Dominion
SITE: New Orleans
TIME: 5:45 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Dick Enberg play-by-play, Jay Bilas analyst
THE SPREAD: Baylor by 4
RECORDS: Baylor 26-7, ODU 27-8
HOW THEY GOT HERE: Baylor d. No. 14 Sam Houston State 68-59; ODU d. No. 6 Notre Dame 51-50.
THE BUZZ: Baylor struggled offensively for a good portion of its first-round game before pulling away late. ODU is a much better – and a much more physical – defensive team than Sam Houston State. But the Monarchs’ offense isn’t always productive, especially from the perimeter. ODU would much prefer to score in the low post, but the presence of Baylor’s Ekpe Udoh will make that difficult. The key in this one is how effective ODU’s guards can be defensively against the Baylor backcourt of Tweety Carter and LaceDarius Dunn. Keep an eye on the point total: The lower it is, the better it is for underdog ODU.

MIDWEST REGIONAL
No. 6 Tennessee vs. No. 14 Ohio
SITE: Providence, R.I.
TIME: 3:35 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Verne Lundquist play-by-play, Bill Raftery analyst
THE SPREAD: Tennessee by 8.5
RECORDS: Tennessee 26-8, Ohio 22-14
HOW THEY GOT HERE: Tennessee d. No. 11 San Diego State 62-59; Ohio d. No. 3 Georgetown 97-83.
THE BUZZ: Ohio won the MAC tourney as a No. 9 seed, then pulled a stunner in the first round by whipping Georgetown. Generally, Ohio plays good defense but struggles offensively. The key for the Vols is slowing G Armon Bassett, who began his career at Indiana. If Tennessee puts the clamps on Bassett, Ohio will look more like the ninth-best team in the MAC than the team that ran past Georgetown. Vols C Wayne Chism should have a big day in the low post, which is important because the Vols usually struggle from 3-point range.

No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 9 Northern Iowa
SITE: Oklahoma City
TIME: 5:40 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Kevin Harlan play-by-play, Dan Bonner analyst
THE SPREAD: Kansas by 11.5
RECORDS: Kansas 33-2, Northern Iowa 29-4
HOW THEY GOT HERE: Kansas d. No. 16 Lehigh 90-74; Northern Iowa d. d. No. 8 UNLV 69-66.
THE BUZZ: Northern Iowa needs a half-court, grind-it-out affair to have any shot at the upset. UNI has allowed more than 68 points just twice this season and held 25 opponents to 60 or fewer. If the Panthers hold KU to 60 or fewer, it would be a monumental achievement. UNI shoots about 35 percent from 3-point range and must be hot from the perimeter. The Panthers also need 7-footer Jordan Eglseder to avoid fouls and stay on the floor. KU struggled in the first half against Lehigh, and you would think the Jayhawks would play with a bit more intensity against UNI - which is much better than Lehigh.

WEST REGIONAL
No. 5 Butler vs. No. 13 Murray State
SITE: San Jose, Calif.
TIME: 3:20 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Spero Dedes play-by-play, Bob Wenzel analyst
THE SPREAD: Butler by 4.5
RECORDS: Butler 29-4, Murray State 31-4 HOW THEY GET HERE: Butler d. No. 12 UTEP 77-59; Murray State d, No. 4 Vanderbilt 66-65.
THE BUZZ: Neither team has much size, and it’s an interesting contrast in styles. Murray State, befitting a team nicknamed “Racers,” prefers a fast pace. Butler is more than content with a game in the 60s. Murray State averages 10 steals per game, and Butler can be sloppy with the ball, so the Bulldogs need to control their turnovers and not allow the Racers to get going in transition. Butler had problems with UTEP’s athleticism early but dominated in the second half. Murray must keep Butler PG Shelvin Mack under control. While Butler Fs Matt Howard and Gordon Hayward are better players, Mack is the Bulldogs’ most important player. He has a nice outside touch – eight 3-pointers in the first round – but he’s also strong enough and quick enough to get to the rim. If he gets into the lane consistently, Murray is in trouble. Keep an eye on Howard; he can be foul prone and Murray has the type of athletic big men who could cause him some problems.

No. 2 Kansas State vs. No. 7 BYU
SITE: Oklahoma City
TIME: 8:10 p.m.
ANNOUNCERS: Kevin Harlan play-by-play, Dan Bonner analyst
THE SPREAD: Kansas State by 4.5
RECORDS: Kansas State 27-7, BYU 30-5.
HOW THEY GOT HERE: K-State d. No. 15 North Texas 82-62; BYU d. No. 10 Florida 99-92 (2OTs).
THE BUZZ: Both teams prefer a fast pace and want to run, though K-State is better-equipped to win a grind-it-out game. BYU is deadly from beyond the arc (better than 42 percent) and from the line (almost 79 percent). BYU does a nice job forcing turnovers and K-State can be sloppy with the ball. But the Cougars’ frontcourt lacks athleticism, and that’s good news for K-State’s big guys. There will be some good guards on view, with BYU’s Jimmer Fredette (33-plus points six times) and K-State’s Denis Clemente and Jacob Pullen sure to be focal points of their teams’ offenses. One thing to watch: K-State commits a lot of fouls, and putting BYU on the line is a dangerous thing.

broncophan
03-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Damn......St. Marys is takin' it to Villanova......up 12 late in the first half.....

BroncoAV06
03-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Samhan is one of those players that might get lost in the NBA but can just kill teams down low in college. Has the confidence and touch aroudn the basket. If Nova can't find its touch from outside out goes one of my final four teams.

Northman
03-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Villanova is killing me thus far. Man, St. Mary's is GOOOOOD.

Northman
03-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Villanova is toying with my emotions.

broncophan
03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I had Nova in the final 4......Jesus......

I wonder if the Nova players have quit on their coach......punishing those 2 players in their first round game....for minor rules violations, whatever that means...

broncophan
03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Samhan is a helluva player...

Northman
03-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Well, there went one of my final four guys. St. Mary's is pretty damn good. They just were too much for Nova.

BroncoAV06
03-20-2010, 02:14 PM
In college ball if you can find a somewhat smart big man who knows how to use his size you will cause teams alot of trouble, ie Qvale from Montana against UNM in round one.

broncophan
03-20-2010, 02:17 PM
The Big East is not doing well at all....

Northman
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
I had Nova in the final 4......Jesus......

I wonder if the Nova players have quit on their coach......punishing those 2 players in their first round game....for minor rules violations, whatever that means...

Dont know if that played a part but they looked more energetic this time than the last game but i wonder if they took it seriously enough. St. Mary's just looked like they wanted it more. :confused:

OrangeHoof
03-20-2010, 02:45 PM
I had Nova in my final four too. It looks like I'm going to be a St. Mary's fan for the rest of the bracket.

I think what this tournament is doing is exposing the Big East as a paper tiger. They're getting clobbered in this tournament.

Northman
03-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Yea, St. Mary's may become the new Gonzaga after today. They got great discipline and fundamentals. They are easy to root for here.

broncophan
03-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Yea, St. Mary's may become the new Gonzaga after today. They got great discipline and fundamentals. They are easy to root for here.

Yea.....the only thing....I think they lost to Gonzaga twice this year????....I think they are in the same conference.

I will still be rooting for the buckeyes.....and upsets in the rest of the tourney.

If Ohio beats Tennessee and Ohio State beats Ga. Tech (tomorrow).....then it will be OSU vs. Ohio in the sweet 16.....who would have thought OU??....would be a neat thing here in Ohio though.

Northman
03-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Yea.....the only thing....I think they lost to Gonzaga twice this year????....I think they are in the same conference.

I will still be rooting for the buckeyes.....and upsets in the rest of the tourney.

If Ohio beats Tennessee and Ohio State beats Ga. Tech (tomorrow).....then it will be OSU vs. Ohio in the sweet 16.....who would have thought OU??....would be a neat thing here in Ohio though.

Yea, Ohio caught me off guard for sure. I have Ohio St. going to the next round but losing to Pitt i think at some point. But Pitt isnt looking that great either so far so who knows.

broncophan
03-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Yea, Ohio caught me off guard for sure. I have Ohio St. going to the next round but losing to Pitt i think at some point. But Pitt isnt looking that great either so far so who knows.

I had OSU losing to Kansas in the final 8.....and I had Pitt beating Vanerbilt?? in the final 8 lol....

Matta is a great coach.....but only playing 6 players, for the most part,.....may catch up with them.....most people think Evan Turner carries the team......but their starting 5 is as solid as anyone in the tourney...

broncophan
03-20-2010, 03:06 PM
OU hanging with Tennessee........

Northman
03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
yea, good game here. I kinda hate Tenn even though i picked them so wouldnt mind them losing this game. lol

broncophan
03-20-2010, 03:11 PM
yea, good game here. I kinda hate Tenn even though i picked them so wouldnt mind them losing this game. lol

Yea......I am surprised Tenn. has played as well as they have late this season.....hell....3 of their players were suspended and one kicked off the team.....for robbing someone........thugs........

broncophan
03-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Well......it looks like Ohio University's 15 minutes of fame may be over.....looking tired in the second half vs. Tennessee

OrangeHoof
03-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Kansas in some trouble against Northern Iowa and New Mexico looks like it may be beaten by Washington. Upset Saturday, boys.

Northman
03-20-2010, 07:03 PM
And there went my bracket. lol

I had Kansas winning it all. WOW

Time to just root for all the underdogs.

OrangeHoof
03-20-2010, 07:12 PM
And there went my bracket. lol

I had Kansas winning it all. WOW

Time to just root for all the underdogs.

That explosion you heard was my brackets getting blown to hell. Half of my Final Four is already dead in the water.

Sucks to be you, KU. :mad:

Rock Chalk Butt Falk.

BroncoBJ
03-20-2010, 07:56 PM
So Glad Kansas lost. :rockon:

Ruined everyones bracket almost but mine. :lol:

So great watchin everyone in my league who picked Kansas to win it all. Now the whole flock of people just went down.

Nomad
03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
DS, your Huskies are kicking ass!! UNI is impressive! This is what I love about the NCAA Tournament, the little dogs kicking around the big dogs!

Northman
03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, Kentucky isnt playing around. They have made their first two opponents look like little league.

Devilspawn
03-21-2010, 03:37 AM
DS, your Huskies are kicking ass!! UNI is impressive! This is what I love about the NCAA Tournament, the little dogs kicking around the big dogs!
Man I am so giddy right now! :elefant:

Not only that, Kansas losing knocked out most of my competition in my league. :D

OrangeHoof
03-21-2010, 12:20 PM
If Kansas, Villanova or Georgetown weren't in your Final Four, you're sitting pretty right now. I sure as hell hope Duke doesn't win now.

Northman
03-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I still have 2 that can make although my champion is down. But i still have Kentucky and Syracuse alive.

Devilspawn
03-21-2010, 12:35 PM
If Kansas, Villanova or Georgetown weren't in your Final Four, you're sitting pretty right now. I sure as hell hope Duke doesn't win now.
Kansas and Villanova were in mine, but I have Syracuse beating Kentucky, so I might be in good shape.

BroncoBJ
03-21-2010, 01:19 PM

My final 4 is Gtown, Pittsburgh, Duke, West Virginia. :elefant:

Gtown hurt me a little but it didn't kill me yet.

I had Nova losing yesterday and Kansas losing in the elite 8.

ANd almost everyone had Kansas winning it all. I just need Syracuse to lose next week and would love to see Ohio State lose today as well. :elefant:

broncophan
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Go bucks!!!

Broncolingus
03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Here's me with my friggin bracket's....

http://drbobbs.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/towel1.jpg

BroncoAV06
03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Holy bracket hell. Farokmenesh and Samhan how about those names of players dominating the tourney. Pretty darn good 4 days of basketball.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Autistic-Teen-Picks-First-Two-NCAA-Rounds-Perfectly-88916437.html

An autistic teenager from the Chicago area has done something almost impossible.

Nearly 48 games into an upset-filled NCAA tournament, 17-year-old Alex Hermann is perfect.

"It's amazing," he says. Truly.

The teenager predicted that Northern Iowa would beat the Kansas Jayhawks. He picked Ohio to knock off Georgetown. And Cornell to knock off Wisconsin.

n fact, he picked every game through the first two rounds correctly. The odds of anybody doing that? One in 13,460,000, according to BookofOdds.com. It's easier to win the lottery. Twice.

"I'm good at math," Alex, a Glenbrook South High School student, said. "I'm kind of good at math and at stats I see on TV during the game."

Alex entered the bracket on CBSsports.com's bracket challenge. His 24-year-old brother Andrew, who helped him enter his picks into CBS' bracket manager, also entered the contest -- and ranks behind 500,000 other people.

“My bracket is totally shot,” hist 24-year-old brother Andrew said. “So is everyone else I know.”

ESPN estimates around 4.78 million played in their bracket challenge, but no one picked all the games correctly. The leader at ESPN’s bracket has already missed four games.

But Alex Hermann's miraculous bracket is still a picture of perfection.

Andrew is still shocked --- after looking it over for the umpteenth time, he told his mother to alert the media.

"I checked his bracket and it was off the chart," Andrew said. "I thought it was a big deal."

Alex doesn't get anything for perfection. He entered one of three bracket games offered by CBS -- the only one without a prize attached.

Alex’s basketball knowledge could have been worth a fortune. One of the other CBS games offers a prize of $5,000 per round. Other sites offer even more money -- Yahoo offers $1 million for a perfect bracket; SportsBook.com offers $13 million.

“If he would have won any money he would have just saved it,” his mother Diane said. "He's a big saver."

CBSSports.com can not confirm Alex's entry -- the company doesn't track entries to their Bracket Manager program. Unlike CBSSports' Bracket Challenge, which ranks players nationally and locks entries once the tournament begins, Bracket Challenge does allow changes after play starts.

The Hermanns insist, however, that they filled out their brackets as a family before the tournament started, and haven't touched the picks since. When asked whether the bracket was altered after the tourney began, Alex's mother said, simply, "no."

And then there's this: Alex picked Purdue to win the whole thing. Probably not going to happen.

And that just happens to be his brother’s alma mater.

“They’re his favorite for that reason,” Diane said. Or maybe he knows something no one else does.

And there are still four rounds remaining, so it could fall apart.

The odds of a perfect wire to wire bracket? As high as 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

Click here to see Alex's entire bracket. (on link)

BroncoBJ
03-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Well his bracket is no longer perfect but it still was a nice run. Got the Butler and West Virginia games right. :elefant: So got 2 Elite 8 teams Ftw. :salute:

Still cant win money in my league Even if my champion ( Duke) Wins it all I believe. But still been a tournament for the ages. Lotta great games. :elefant:

Nomad
03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Baylor kicking the shit out of St Mary:shocked:! Buckeyes and Vols giving a good game so far!

broncophan
03-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Damn........Tennessee beat my Buckeyes.......must have been a good game.....I had to work, so I missed it. I hate for them to lose to a bunch of thugs......not to be bitter or anything......:mad:

BroncoBJ
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Eh, Ohio State was pretty overrated anyways. Shocked they even made it to the sweet 16. Ohio State is overrated in every sport though. :lol:

broncophan
03-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Eh, Ohio State was pretty overrated anyways. Shocked they even made it to the sweet 16. Ohio State is overrated in every sport though. :lol:

:rolleyes:.....another OSU hater.....They shared the big 10 title with Purdue and Michigan St.......and all 3 of them were playing today as part of the sweet 16.....they did not have any senior starters.....they were ranked in the top 10 -15 all season long...........how in the hell is that overrated.........

BroncoBJ
03-26-2010, 10:28 PM
:rolleyes:.....another OSU hater.....They shared the big 10 title with Purdue and Michigan St.......and all 3 of them were playing today as part of the sweet 16.....they did not have any senior starters.....they were ranked in the top 10 -15 all season long...........how in the hell is that overrated.........

:lol: Dont you roll your eyes at me Sir. And I'm not an OSU hater. And I Never said OSU is horrible. Just that they are overrated. Everyone and all these so called experts are always on OSU's jock. Talking about how great they are and how they will be Final 4 and all that. Same story with football. OSU always beats teams like Youngstown state and schools like that and plays in the Rose Bowl by default since all the other teams in the Big 10 are garbage. They get a lot more hype then they should.

broncophan
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
:lol: Dont you roll your eyes at me Sir. And I'm not an OSU hater. And I Never said OSU is horrible. Just that they are overrated. Everyone and all these so called experts are always on OSU's jock. Talking about how great they are and how they will be Final 4 and all that. Same story with football. OSU always beats teams like Youngstown state and schools like that and plays in the Rose Bowl by default since all the other teams in the Big 10 are garbage. They get a lot more hype then they should.

Lol......not sure why they have that image.....but that is so wrong.I did not hear too many say they would be in the final 4:confused:.....that will come next year with an incoming top recruiting class in the country....and if Evan Turner comes back.You said they were overrated....and that is just wrong....

Football......yes they will play a smaller school before their conference games.....so does everyone else.It is not Ohio States fault they win the Big 10 most years.......................and by the way....when Ohio State won the Rose Bowl this past season.....that was their first trip to Pasadena.....in something like the past 12 years......they actually HAVE earned the opportunity to play in bowls better than ones just the big 10 champion goes to.I suppose all the other teams in the country are garbage??

BroncoAV06
03-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Tom Izzo is a wizard. Tenn vs MSU should be interesting, the teams palyer wise are similar expect alot of contact.

broncophan
03-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Tom Izzo is a wizard. Tenn vs MSU should be interesting, the teams palyer wise are similar expect alot of contact.

Yep.....Izzo is a great coach.....but not for beating Northern Iowa.....that's a game he/they SHOULD win.......should be a great game....I will be rooting for the good guys and not the guys who rob people at gunpoint.....like some of the Tennessee players allegedly did.....

BroncoAV06
03-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Yep.....Izzo is a great coach.....but not for beating Northern Iowa.....that's a game he/they SHOULD win.......should be a great game....I will be rooting for the good guys and not the guys who rob people at gunpoint.....like some of the Tennessee players allegedly did.....

No way can you say "should of won", big BCS schools don't have the bragging rights this year.

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 12:59 PM
The thing about both Tennessee and Michigan State is that they both slog through their wins and, at the end, you ask yourself how they did it. They never look all that good and they don't blow you away with talent. But they eke out these close victories and, before you know it, they're in the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 (and in Izzo's case, sometimes further).

When you pick through the brackets, it's really tough forecasting these guys to go a long way and yet they manage to do it time and time again.

Nomad
03-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Here's a pretty cool interactive bracket!! Only two underdogs left....Butler and Baylor and possibly you could consider West Virginia!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/special/ncaatournament/bracket/

Nomad
03-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Unless Kentucky has some miracle and a big run coming, it looks like the Mountaineers are going to win this game!

Northman
03-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Once Kentucky is out thats my entire final 4. But its been exciting to watch all these teams making it who werent really picked to get there.

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Kentucky was celebrating Earth Hour by having a shooting blackout.

OrangeHoof
03-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Bad day for Wildcats...

Northman
03-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Butler has been a pleasant surprise. The coach looked almost as old as his players. lol

BroncoBJ
03-27-2010, 09:24 PM
It pisses me off. I have the same bracket for every league that I'm in. But in my one money league where the winner takes all the money, The best I can do in it is 3rd. And in my other money league where Top 3 get a share of the money. The best I can take is 5th.

And then in my 2 Main free leagues that I'm in on yahoo. I can take 1st pretty easily. :fight:

broncophan
03-27-2010, 09:35 PM
No way can you say "should of won", big BCS schools don't have the bragging rights this year.

o.k........but if you don't think the co-champions of the big 10 should beat Northern Iowa..:confused:..I realize they beat Kansas.....and anything is possible.....but seriously???

BroncoBJ
03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
o.k........but if you don't think the co-champions of the big 10 should beat Northern Iowa..:confused:..I realize they beat Kansas.....and anything is possible.....but seriously???

Well of course they SHOULD. Just like a 1 seed SHOULD beat a 16 seed. And an 8/9 seed. And a 1 seed SHOULD win the whole thing because they are a 1 seed. And thats why they are 1 seeds.

Who cares about what who should do or beat. Not everything goes according to planned on what should happen. Thats why they play the games. :salute:

Syracuse or Kansas State SHOULD be in the Final 4, right? :confused:

broncophan
03-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Well of course they SHOULD. Just like a 1 seed SHOULD beat a 16 seed. And an 8/9 seed. And a 1 seed SHOULD win the whole thing because they are a 1 seed. And thats why they are 1 seeds.

Who cares about what who should do or beat. Not everything goes according to planned on what should happen. Thats why they play the games. :salute:

Syracuse or Kansas State SHOULD be in the Final 4, right? :confused:

Yeppers.........

BroncoBJ
03-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeppers.........

Gotta Hate upsets. :fight: They should not even allow a lower seed to beat a higher seed.

broncophan
03-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Gotta Hate upsets. :fight: They should not even allow a lower seed to beat a higher seed.

As long as Kentucky and their cheatin' coach is out of the tournament......I am happy....

BroncoBJ
03-27-2010, 11:36 PM
As long as Kentucky and their cheatin' coach is out of the tournament......I am happy....

They Shoulda won today. Cant believe that a 2 seed beat them. :fight:

OrangeHoof
03-28-2010, 01:15 AM
Live with freshmen, die with freshmen. No matter how talented they are, it's really difficult to expect consistency from them over six straight single-elimination games against good opponents. Since my teams lost in the opening round and my brackets got nuked last weekend (I had Kansas, Kentucky, Pitt and Villanova - all gone), so now I'm reduced to rooting for the Cinderellas. I'd be sick if Duke wound up with the crown. Better it be somebody that will be really surprised and happy to win it all rather than college basketball's version of the Yankees.

broncophan
03-28-2010, 07:13 AM
They Shoulda won today. Cant believe that a 2 seed beat them. :fight:

O.K......I'm gonna' be like you....."Well of course they should"................forget it...........it's not worth my time....

Broncolingus
03-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Sad to see Bay loose, but...

...worse to see TENN lose.

Spartans (no offense to MSU fans out there) can go ahead and loose anytime.

JMO...

Northman
03-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Ive actually been kind of rooting for MSU. They got a lot of guts but it doesnt take away form the great run that Tenn had either. I was hoping Baylor would win so that all the #1's would go down but Duke is pretty good.

Nomad
03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I'd like to see a WV/Butler final but I know more than likely it won't happen!!

OrangeHoof
03-28-2010, 09:38 PM
I bet there were a lot of Baptists praying to smite the (blue) devil today. Guess their prayer weren't answered. With nothing else to root for, I'd just love to see an underdog win the title - at this point that's Butler and WVU. Michigan St. has won the title a few times and certainly Duke has too. So I'm a Bulldog/Mountaineer fan from here on in.

Nomad
04-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Butler!!!! Now WV needs to win !

Northman
04-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats to Butler, i was pulling for them tonight. Good luck to WVU. \m/

broncogirl7
04-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Congratulations Butler! Great game! Good luck in the final match! I am predicting a match between Butler and Duke!

Nomad
04-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Duke definitely controling this game!! WV better step it up!

Broncolingus
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/images/news/logos/ButlerLogo.gif

Never a doubt in my mind!!!

Go Bulldogs!

Broncolingus
04-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I do not see WV winning this game...

...or should I say, Duke 'losing' this game.

Northman
04-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I do not see WV winning this game...

...or should I say, Duke 'losing' this game.

Duke is just all over the place. WVU looks lost out there.

broncophan
04-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Duke is just all over the place. WVU looks lost out there.

Yea.......Duke is just so well-prepared almost everytime they take the court.....as much as I hate to say it.....

broncophan
04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow.....Bob Huggin's daughters are hot!!!

Northman
04-03-2010, 09:56 PM

I was saying the same thing. :lol:

Broncolingus
04-03-2010, 10:05 PM

Yeah...

...and...

http://www.skool.us/files/funz/bob-huggins-is-a-pimp.jpg

OrangeHoof
04-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Go Villanova, er, um, Butler!

broncophan
04-03-2010, 10:21 PM
I hate duke................

Nomad
04-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Butler better bring their A++ game or Duke is going to roll them! WV did look lost out there.

BroncoAV06
04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Duke has looked really good the last few games. Can someone block out Duke? They had 22 offensive rebounds vs Baylor and dominated down low again last night.

Nomad
04-05-2010, 08:32 PM
#30 for Duke is pretty good! Great from-behind block! So far Butler is hanging in there but it's still early!

Broncolingus
04-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Enjoy the game, ya'll...and go Butler!

Nomad
04-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Great first half!! Butler giving Duke all they can handle!!

Broncolingus
04-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Congrats to Duke...

...and as much to Butler.

No fluke and doggone it, thought those boys would pull this one out.

Both played as Champion's tonight...

Northman
04-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Thats a game you can honestly say came down to the last shot. That hell mary almost went in. I was hoping for a Butler win but great game overall!

Broncolingus
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
...I was hoping for a Butler win

Me too, bro...

camdisco24
04-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Best tournament in years.
Screw the Big East, ACC is the true #1 conference.
Butler was awesome and should hold their heads high.

Congrats Duke!

Nomad
04-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Butler put up a fight and played a hell of a game! You're right camdisco this tourney was a good one.

broncogirl7
04-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Very sad the Bulldogs lost, but that was one hell of a game! Butler proved they deserved to be in the championship! Great job Butler...we are proud of you!

Good job Duke.

broncophan
04-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Was a great game........but the wrong team won.....:(