PDA

View Full Version : **TID's Official Player of the Week: Week 1**

TatumInDetroit
09-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Every week in this season I will be naming my player of the week.

The player may not have made the biggest plays, compiled the best stats, or made the biggest difference - but was the Bronco who was in my opinion the most interesting during the game or during the week leading up to the game.

Also, because I am a collector of Broncos cards I will be putting up a picture of one of the player's cards along with the reason he was chosen for this week. I will also be putting that card in my signature for the whole week.

So without further ado, my player of the week is.....

JASON ELAM

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/Benguk/scan0051-1.jpg
2000 Topps Finest Jason Elam Refractor Autograph

Elam was having a terrible game until the very end. He had missed two field goals in three attempts and because of those misses the Broncos were losing. It was shocking to see one of the best kickers of all time push and pull his kicks. Little did we know the game would be up to him to win. While Elam was a reason the Broncos were losing, he would prove to be the reason why they would win. Cutler drove down the field with less than 2 minutes left and a dramatic surge to field goal position was dramatic enough. Once they got to the mark where they felt Elam could make one, the offense sprinted off the field. Only a few seconds remained as the special teams unit ran to get into position in record time. Everything was rushed, and Elam had to run to get into position. The snap came quick and Elam booted the ball though the uprights.

So as the ultimate deciding factor in today's game, Jason Elam is player of the week.

BroncoWave
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I say Cutler was POTG. We wouldn't have been in position for Elam to make that FG w/o Cutler's fantastic drive.

TatumInDetroit
09-09-2007, 06:21 PM
AHH, read the italics please.

topscribe
09-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Cosigned. :2thumbs:

-----

shank
09-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Cosigned. :2thumbs:

-----

me 3-signed!