PDA

View Full Version : Has or will Marcus Thomas been cut -- 104.3 Report and Josiana Anderson Tweet

Tned
03-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Somebody on Twitter reports that 104.3 has stated that Thomas has been or will be cut.

Per Josiana Anderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson) in response to that report:

Just got off t/ phone w/ both Broncos DT Marcus Thomas, and his agent, and both say they HAVEN'T heard that Thomas has been cut at this hr.

topscribe
03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
If such news is reaching reporters before the player finds out about it, somebody needs to be fired . . .

-----

Ziggy
03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
It wouldn't suprise too many if he did get cut, but 104.3 is about as reliable as a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Lancane
03-13-2010, 01:49 AM
If such news is reaching reporters before the player finds out about it, somebody needs to be fired . . .

-----

It would not really surprise me with Denver's current front office; the past sort of speaks for itself.

tsiguy96
03-13-2010, 03:22 AM
It would not really surprise me with Denver's current front office; the past sort of speaks for itself.

yea, they have a history of cutting players in the media....

xzn
03-13-2010, 03:42 AM
I hope this is not true. I think a slimmed up as much as possible Marcus Thomas has potential at power base LDE and as a three technique in a nickle package with a 40 front.

He's about the same height/weight as Bannan and I would speculate that he could be groomed as at least a rotational guy who could develop over the next five years of Justin's contract.

BTW, I love that JB is a BUFF :cool::welcome:

Tned
03-13-2010, 07:51 AM
I hope this is not true. I think a slimmed up as much as possible Marcus Thomas has potential at power base LDE and as a three technique in a nickle package with a 40 front.

He's about the same height/weight as Bannan and I would speculate that he could be groomed as at least a rotational guy who could develop over the next five years of Justin's contract.

BTW, I love that JB is a BUFF :cool::welcome:

I'll admit that I am hoping he gets at least one more year, as I still have some hope for him.

Before he got in trouble at Miami, he was consider a sure first round pick, and most considered him a great prospect. Then he basically misses his final year at Miami, including not being able to train with the team.

He clearly has some physical talent, but has seen a multitude of different schemes, line coaches and coordinators while in Denver. As he is still very cheap, I'm hoping he gets one last chance to develop into a starter.

Lancane
03-13-2010, 09:46 AM
yea, they have a history of cutting players in the media....

Not true, what they have is a proven history of having a leak and of too much being disclosed to the media before being handled in house.

SR
03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Anderson is about as reliable as it gets too. Her word is golden.

honz
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Not true, what they have is a proven history of having a leak and of too much being disclosed to the media before being handled in house.

One time is considered a history? Perhaps it should be considered a learning experience instead?

GEM
03-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Anderson is about as reliable as it gets too. Her word is golden.

She talks, I tune OUT!

Tned
03-13-2010, 07:15 PM
She talks, I tune OUT!

Come on, she's the sports insider... ;)

Slick
03-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Thomas went to Florida Tned.

Tned
03-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Thomas went to Florida Tned.

Hey, I've said a bunch of times I'm not an NCAA guy. I take it there is a difference between Miami and Florida? :lol:

Does that make him a Cane, Nole or is there a third variety of Florida players. :confused:

honz
03-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Hey, I've said a bunch of times I'm not an NCAA guy. I take it there is a difference between Miami and Florida? :lol:

Does that make him a Cane, Nole or is there a third variety of Florida players. :confused:

:tsk:

There's this little football team known as the Florida Gators...

Tned
03-13-2010, 08:38 PM
:tsk:

There's this little football team known as the Florida Gators...

Damn, I was racking my brain, I knew there was another. I haven't watched much NCAA football since the Hogs left the SWC and became an also ran team...