PDA

View Full Version : Broncos work out Pike, Gilyard

rationalfan
03-12-2010, 02:30 PM
On the heels of a strong showing at the University of Cincinnati Pro Day, the Denver Broncos wanted to see more from quarterback Tony Pike and wide receiver Mardy Gilyard.

The Broncos conducted a private workout for the Bearcats' tandem this morning, according to sources with knowledge of the sitiuation.

We've been told that the Broncos sent offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels to the workout.

Pike reportedly had a good throwing session during Wednesday's workout session that was attended by 26 NFL teams, including San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary.

And Gilyard improved his 40-yard dash time to 4.47 seconds after clocking a disappointing 4.56 time at the NFL scouting combine.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sources-Broncos-work-out-Pike-Gilyard.html

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Mike McCoy and Ben McDaniels went to do the workout, huh? Might as well have been me and claymore...

SOCALORADO.
03-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Already a thread in Draft/FA

dogfish
03-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Mike McCoy and Ben McDaniels went to do the workout, huh? Might as well have been me and claymore...

leave me out, huh?

i see how it is. . . . :tsk:

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
leave me out, huh?

i see how it is. . . . :tsk:

Sorry, I thought you got to scout McClain...

underrated29
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
yep already a thread but we do have a legitimate interest in gilyard.

Lancane
03-12-2010, 06:08 PM
yep already a thread but we do have a legitimate interest in gilyard.

Actually Gilyard would be a good addition, even if we retain Marshall. He comes from a spread system and flourished in it, he gives the quarterbacks another option and would adapt fairly well IMHO. As for Pike, I hope to hell we don't draft him, he is another weak armed quarterback, though other then his weak arm he has all the tangibles, but usually quarterbacks from spread systems do not transition well to the NFL.