PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson or Jake Delhomme

DenBronx
03-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Simms sucks as a backup so who would you rather have out of the two choices?

I think Derek because he has a pretty good arm and knows our offense a bit.

dogfish
03-12-2010, 01:56 PM
that's like asking if you'd rather be kicked in the nuts or stabbed in the eye with a sharp stick. . . .

claymore
03-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Simms sucks as a backup so who would you rather have out of the two choices?

I think Derek because he has a pretty good arm and knows our offense a bit.
Derek Anderson. He has something to prove. Jake is off. That playoff game did something to him.

that's like asking if you'd rather be kicked in the nuts or stabbed in the eye with a sharp stick. . . .

Kicked in the nuts. They have got me in enough trouble as it is.

Mike
03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
If this doesn't say how we fallen at the QB position in Denver I don't know what will. :ohwell:

weazel
03-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I hear Maurice Clarett wants to be a QB and is learning our system as we speak!

Ziggy
03-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I'd take a look at either Anderson or Quinn before Delhomme. Jake played behind a great running game with a decent defense and still sucked. At least the QB's in Cleveland have some sort of excuse. Let's just bypass them all and draft a QB with some talent and promise.

Dreadnought
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Hmm.

An erratic QB with accuracy problems whose greatest strength is a sometime ability to throw a really good long ball. Wait, thats both of 'em, isn't it?

I actually like Delhomme. If he was a couple years younger he'd be a major upgrade over the guys on hand, but thats not the case anymore. A backup? Sure.

Anderson is random-man The Browns should have moved him two years ago. Oh well.

Slick
03-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Anderson has a much better arm than Delhomme but I'll echo what others have said. Neither. Look to the draft or a camp casualty for our back-up. Hopefully Simms will be gone soon.

MileHighCrew
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Considering the question, I would rather give Simms another year in the system to fail then give out another contract for either Jake or erek to fail. If we are going to be stuck with a poor backup I'd rather have the evil I know. That said I want a new young stud QB!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
JaMarcus

dogfish
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
how about kyle orton as the backup?

claymore
03-12-2010, 03:09 PM
how about kyle orton as the backup?

Nope. Kyle has tasted the sweet, sweet taste of 3 yard bubble screens Dog. Me thinks its starter or bust for old Kyle.

Ravage!!!
03-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Delhomme. I think he would be a pretty decent back-up.

Dirk
03-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Considering the question, I would rather give Simms another year in the system to fail then give out another contract for either Jake or erek to fail. If we are going to be stuck with a poor backup I'd rather have the evil I know. That said I want a new young stud QB!!!

:eek:

Dirk
03-12-2010, 03:15 PM
I would rather give Anderson a chance over Jake without a doubt if it came down to one or the other.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Nope. Kyle has tasted the sweet, sweet taste of 3 yard bubble screens Dog. Me thinks its starter or bust for old Kyle.

Hahahahahaha!!!! :hahaha: :drum:

T.K.O.
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
If this doesn't say how we fallen at the QB position in Denver I don't know what will. :ohwell:

because we have simms as a backup?
i would take either over what i saw last year from our #2...although if by some unfortunate event simms is still with the team next year he has to be better because he could not get worse:salute:

T.K.O.
03-12-2010, 03:22 PM
JaMarcus

http://www.cheese-burger.net/images/eric_badlands_booker_burger.jpg

DenBronx
03-12-2010, 03:25 PM
we're talking about a backup qb here. i think delhomme will cost more and doesnt really have much left. regardless both of them are an upgrade over simms. i somehow have the feeling mcdaniels will not draft a qb on day one or day two.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2010, 03:27 PM

I'd say the backups under Shanahan were the absolute worst we've ever seen for the organization. I don't care how garbage Simms was last year, he's still better than Van Pelt and Kanell, who were both a pure joke, moreso than garbage Simms.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Delhomme. I think he would be a pretty decent back-up.

Unfortunately I think Delhomme will get more money elsewhere to possibly start, so I think he would immediately be out of the question.

DenBronx
03-12-2010, 03:29 PM
mcdaniles is looking at tony pike. a tall, lanky, scrawning dude who is no better than branstater or dan lefevour.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I'd say the backups under Shanahan were the absolute worst we've ever seen for the organization. I don't care how garbage Simms was last year, he's still better than Van Pelt and Kanell, who were both a pure joke, moreso than garbage Simms.

What are you talking about? BVP was a cult hero in Denver with his one trick-play QB sneak run for a TD!

Yeah, the guy was GARBAGE. The fans loved the guy, though...:confused:

NameUsedBefore
03-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Delhomme. He's proven he can be a solid starter for years.

Derek Anderson reminds me of all those A.J. Feeley types where you're like, Well, they had that one good year so maybe...

DenBronx
03-12-2010, 03:34 PM

shanny never seemed to have a good #2. he always would risk going into a full season with a guy like van pelt. i hope mcdaniles takes the qb position alot more seriously.

dogfish
03-12-2010, 03:38 PM
honestly, what does it matter? we'd go 0-16 with simms-- probably 3-13 with either of those guys. . .

if we don't draft a quality QB, it's not going to matter who the backup is. . . if orton gets hurt, we're just plain screwed. . .

DenBronx
03-12-2010, 03:45 PM
honestly, what does it matter? we'd go 0-16 with simms-- probably 3-13 with either of those guys. . .

if we don't draft a quality QB, it's not going to matter who the backup is. . . if orton gets hurt, we're just plain screwed. . .

who do you think is a quality qb in this years draft?

i dont see josh drafting a top 5 qb. bradford and claussen will both be long gone by 11. picking mccoy at 11 is a reach. tebow doesnt fit our system at all (although i love this kids work ethic and dedication to the team).

who then?

please dont say tony pike.

claymore
03-12-2010, 03:53 PM

And our QB coach is a one year WR coach out of Tuscalooga Ohio. We are SCREWED!

ikillz0mbies
03-12-2010, 04:27 PM
If I had to choose, I would pick Delhomme. He has played under the Broncos QB coach, Mike McCoy, in Carolina. You would have familiarity there. Plus, Delhomme is smarter than Anderson, so McDaniels would like that in him. All Anderson has is a strong arm. That's it. He's erratic as hell with terrible accuracy.

bcbronc
03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
If I had to choose, I would pick Delhomme. He has played under the Broncos QB coach, Mike McCoy, in Carolina. You would have familiarity there. Plus, Delhomme is smarter than Anderson, so McDaniels would like that in him. All Anderson has is a strong arm. That's it. He's erratic as hell with terrible accuracy.

Delhomme has also won some big games in his career. He'd be able to mentor Orton/Brandstater/Rook a bit.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I still wanna see what Brandstater can do.

dogfish
03-12-2010, 06:30 PM
who do you think is a quality qb in this years draft?

i dont see josh drafting a top 5 qb. bradford and claussen will both be long gone by 11. picking mccoy at 11 is a reach. tebow doesnt fit our system at all (although i love this kids work ethic and dedication to the team).

who then?

please dont say tony pike.

tony pike. . . :D

nah, i actually don't hate pike and wouldn't be pissed if we took a chance on him in the 3rd, but i'll freely admit that this doesn't really LOOK like a particularly good year to be taking a QB. . .

you never know, though. . . i won't even bring up tom brady, but kurt warner is another guy that came from nowhere and turned into a multiple league MVP and super bowl winner, and there are lesser success stories like mark bulger and tony romo, guys who've dropped out of the blue and turned into pretty productive quarterbacks. . .

bradford has been my guy at the top of this year's class since sometime in the '08 season, but he obviously won't be available unless we trade up near the top of the round. . .

i don't know-- mcD's supposed to be the dude that knows quarterbacks, not me. . . honestly, the kid has some obvious weaknesses, but i wouldn't mind taking mccoy in the 2nd, or definitely in the 3rd if he's there-- i'd puke if we took him at #11, but later on he'd be worth a look. . . he fits mcD's system well, is more mobile and a better athlete than orton, and would give us a young guy who was very productive in a college spread for JMFMCD to mold. . . lefevour also projects as a decent fit here, and snead and skelton are guys that have good physical tools. . . crompton could be worth a later pick as a developmental guy, but we do already have brandstater in that role. . .

honestly, there isn't anybody outside of bradford that i'm all that excited about (and that includes clausen), but what do i know? just because i feel that way with very limited resources and knowledge, doesn't mean that there aren't a couple of QBs in this draft that josh thinks have starting potential. . .

we'll see whether he does or not, but i myself think we're probably going to take a QB. . . bowlen said he'd like to draft one, and unless we actually want to keep chris frickin' simms after last year's complete debacle, then the fact that we haven't even glanced at QBs in free agency as far as we know would seem to indicate that we're likely to look at them in the draft. . .

maybe we're just going to go forward with orton and brandstater-- or maybe if we do draft a QB we'll then look for a vet with some playing time under his belt as our third, or maybe just carry two. . . who knows. . .

i'll be a little surprised if we don't make SOME type of move to address depth and/or the future at the position-- even if it ends up being one of those under the radar type moves like trading a future conditional pick for a young vet buried on another team's depth chart, maybe a guy they liked as a prospect a few years back who hasn't gotten any PT behind a couple established guys. . . something of that nature. . .

And our QB coach is a one year WR coach out of Tuscalooga Ohio. We are SCREWED!

you shut your filthy mouth about ben mcdaniels!

i make the ben mcdaniels cracks around here, damn it. . .

Delhomme has also won some big games in his career. He'd be able to mentor Orton/Brandstater/Rook a bit.

after the way he's played recently, i'd rather have him mentor matt cassell, brodie croyle and bruce gradkowski. . . .

LTC Pain
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I have mixed feelings about the Broncos drafting a QB. IMHO, Simms getting the pink slip is a given. If the Broncos do draft a QB will the depth chart be Orton, Brandstater, rookie draftee??? That seems a bit risky. And what if the Broncos go after say, Andersen or Quinn, what will the depth chart look like then? Would the Broncos do this and draft a QB and have four QBs in camp? I thought Brandstater showed promise in the preseason last season and that's why the Broncos kept him off the practice squad. Thoughts?

nevcraw
03-12-2010, 07:35 PM

since your argument only had 2 examples i will counter with 2 examples that were execellent back up's in Brister and Ferrote.
the other very interesting part to your argument was your examples were 3rd stringers to boot.. not really what I would call Back up's..

dogfish
03-12-2010, 07:37 PM
since your awesome argument only had 2 examples i will counter with 2 examples that were execellent back up's in Brister and Ferrote.
the other laughuable part to your argument was your examples were 3rd stringers to boot..

greasy and plummer were great backups, too. . . .

too bad we had them as starters. . . . :doh:

Medford Bronco
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I would rather Anderson because I think Dellome is all done.

At least Anderson is not that old and might still have some upside. Dellome is on the downside of his career definitely.

NameUsedBefore
03-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Danny Kannell was a formidable nobody. Steve Beuerlein showed us how gnarly a broken finger can look.

Medford Bronco
03-12-2010, 08:28 PM
greasy and plummer were great backups, too. . . .

too bad we had them as starters. . . . :doh:

As much as Plummer drove me crazy, he did a decent job here.

Griese was okay until his dog Fido got him :lol:

FanInAZ
03-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I still wanna see what Brandstater can do.

Why not! That guy has yet to play a down and everybody is wants to write him off for no reason other then the fact he was not a day 1 draft pick. Too many fans think that unless the scouts are falling all over themselves about someone then he must not be that good. Any guy that is drafted after the second round will probably be a career back up. For the record let me give you his career stat line:

Tom Brandstater: 0 completions on 0 attempts for 0 yards, 0 TDs and 0 INTs; 0 rushing attempts for 0 yards and 0 TDs. QB rating: N/A

Why are so many of you wanting to write this guy off after just one preseason. His only pro experience is playing a few exhibition game downs with the bench warmers. Give the guy a chance to fail before labeling him a failure.

Italianmobstr7
03-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I'd rather kill myself than watch either of those 2 in Orange and Blue.

camdisco24
03-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Delhomme, simply because he is more proven over his career than Anderson.
Either would be a good back-up, but im looking big picture here. Who could be a better mentor to a young QB? (Answer: Jake) Heck, Delhomme could even help Orton. I think having Delhomme as a backup would be pretty valuable, but I have my doubts we'd be able to get him.

DenBronx
03-13-2010, 01:41 AM
mccoy in round two sounds great but i doubt josh takes him if he's there. i think josh has it embeded in his mind that he wants to only find bargain basement type qb's.

if we just freakin resigned marshall then we would be set at wr. then we could concentrate on a qb in round 1 or 2.

the only qb's that i think are ready to start THIS year are bradford, claussen and mccoy. the rest will all take time to develop. mccoy i think is more nfl ready then pike, lefevour, tebow or skelton.

i wouldnt mind us taking a risk on tebow but it will be a long time before he ever sees the field. if we have no plans on mccoy or tebow then i think we should just give brandstater a shot, cut simms and bring in another vet. let them all battle during camp.

xzn
03-13-2010, 04:57 AM
mccoy in round two sounds great but i doubt josh takes him if he's there. i think josh has it embeded in his mind that he wants to only find bargain basement type qb's.

if we just freakin resigned marshall then we would be set at wr. then we could concentrate on a qb in round 1 or 2.

the only qb's that i think are ready to start THIS year are bradford, claussen and mccoy. the rest will all take time to develop. mccoy i think is more nfl ready then pike, lefevour, tebow or skelton.

i wouldnt mind us taking a risk on tebow but it will be a long time before he ever sees the field. if we have no plans on mccoy or tebow then i think we should just give brandstater a shot, cut simms and bring in another vet. let them all battle during camp.

I completely agree with the highlighted portions.

To me Colt Mc Coy would be a considerable upgrade over Chris Simms and could compete in the fairly near term to be the starter.

I'd take that in a second round pick....

ikillz0mbies
03-13-2010, 05:27 AM
The only problem I have with McCoy in round 2 is that the Broncos have other pressing needs to fill other than a QB that high of a round. Hell, a 2nd round pick on McCoy is definitely a reach.

xzn
03-13-2010, 07:47 AM
The only problem I have with McCoy in round 2 is that the Broncos have other pressing needs to fill other than a QB that high of a round. Hell, a 2nd round pick on McCoy is definitely a reach.

I'm not so sure that around #47 Colt is any kind of reach. A lot of mocks have him going early second to one of the four qb needy teams in the top ten.

He's not my first choice in the second round, let me be clear. I'd take guys like this over him:

Cam Thomas
Terrance Cody
Vladimir Ducasse

It just depends on who's there... but he is a solid second round value, if he even lasts to 47. :rolleyes:

ikillz0mbies
03-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm not so sure that around #47 Colt is any kind of reach. A lot of mocks have him going early second to one of the four qb needy teams in the top ten.

He's not my first choice in the second round, let me be clear. I'd take guys like this over him:

Cam Thomas
Terrance Cody
Vladimir Ducasse

It just depends on who's there... but he is a solid second round value, if he even lasts to 47. :rolleyes:

I'd be pretty happy of Mt. Cody fell to the Broncos in the 2nd round.

Tned
03-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Per Schefter, Delhomme has been signed (or will be) by Cleveland.

T.K.O.
03-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Per Schefter, Delhomme has been signed (or will be) by Cleveland.

yep, just signed a 2 year deal.....quinn must be getting nervous

nevcraw
03-13-2010, 08:21 PM
I'd bet McD takes another sniff at Quinn for a low or conditional pick but would much rather see them draft a qb at this point.. If holmgren would rather have crappy delhomme start - that speaks volumes..

Tned
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
yep, just signed a 2 year deal.....quinn must be getting nervous

Brady or Richard ;)

Elevation inc
03-14-2010, 08:45 AM
jake delhomes turns the ball over 6 times a game, and andersen's confidence is so shot from his stint with mangina.....we would be screwed with them here....i aint a orton fan, or simms for that matter after he choked, but i dont want those 2 Qb's anywhere near this team....