PDA

View Full Version : C Rex Hadnot signs w/ AZ. We need K. Mawae!

Sparky The Sun Devil
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
OL Rex Hadnot agrees to a multi-year with Arizona. Leaves Cleveland. Full free agency coverage on NFL Network.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/10351184218

T.K.O.
03-11-2010, 09:39 PM
bummer.......

Carl
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Mawae would be nice. I think Pouncey or JD Walton in the second could also work tho.

ikillz0mbies
03-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Mawae would be nice. I think Pouncey or JD Walton in the second could also work tho.

I sure hope they draft at least one of those two guys. They will not go past the 2nd round.

shank
03-11-2010, 10:57 PM
gheyer than west in his pink pantyhose.

xzn
03-11-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm not opposed to drafting a center but I wouldn't be comfortable with even Pouncey starting at that position as a rookie.

We must sign a competent, preferably large, veteran center who can handle the line calls.

CrazyHorse
03-11-2010, 11:56 PM
I'd like a veteran center. Whenever I hear Mawae though, I can't help but think of this.
http://th08.deviantart.net/fs46/150/f/2009/164/b/f/303_mawile_by_Pokedex.png

xzn
03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Mawae would fit in to the emerging culture of veteran mercenaries at most starting positions while younger guys develop and contribute in specific roles: rotational depth, sub-packages and kicking teams.

I wish he were a little bigger, but he's been part of a lot of really effective run-blocking lines in his career so I guess he's my first choice now that Hadnot went to the birds.

xzn
03-12-2010, 01:47 AM
If we don't get Mawae there is some serious canine feces left among other available UFAs. It's ugly... :tsk:

We have a black hole in the middle of our offense as we speak..:eek:

Shazam!
03-12-2010, 02:04 AM
Maybe cutting Kory Lichtensteiger (sp?) wasnt such a good idea now.

Mawae has to be 36 at least.

xzn
03-12-2010, 02:16 AM
Maybe cutting Kory Lichtensteiger (sp?) wasnt such a good idea now.

Mawae has to be 36 at least.

He's still our only hope for a legitimate starter who won't need training wheels.

Hadnot and Rabach already signed and the next highest rated centers are:

... wait for it ...

Casey Weigman

AND

Ben Hamilton

:elefant:

If we don't sign Mawae we'll be bent-over panting :rolleyes:

D1g1tal j1m
03-12-2010, 11:43 AM

He's still our only hope for a legitimate starter who won't need training wheels.

He may not need training wheels but his walker already has worn out tennis balls on it...

Italianmobstr7
03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I'll bet McD drafts a Center or 2. Wouldn't be surprised to see them be HUGE guys and be drafted in the later rounds. I don't think he'll go after Mawae. He's old, not very big and will want a lot of $$$.

arapaho2
03-12-2010, 01:09 PM
wow

so our only hope is either resiging one of two players we already released...or a decrepid old center...or trust the most important position on the line,, the man who calls the blocking schemes and alignments..to a rookie

brilliant:beer:

CoachChaz
03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
wow

so our only hope is either resiging one of two players we already released...or a decrepid old center...or trust the most important position on the line,, the man who calls the blocking schemes and alignments..to a rookie

brilliant:beer:

Yeah...what is that incompetent coach thinking.

broncofaninfla
03-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Didn't Mawae block for the leagues leading rusher last year? Seems to be the guy would be a huge upgrade for us and a great mentor for a young guy coming out of college. I'd love for us to sign Mawae.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
pass. If we can land a late 1st for BM, Pouncey would be fine.

rationalfan
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
hank fraley anyone?

xzn
03-13-2010, 03:51 AM
hank fraley anyone?

I found this on him

8. HANK FRALEY - BACKUP CENTER
5363_mediumHank Fraley (#66)
Height: 6-2
Weight: 310
College: Robert Morris
Experience: 10 years
Note: Valuable experience

From being a team captain in 2008 to (presumably) being on the bench in 2009, there is an outside chance that Hank Fraley will start at the right guard position for the Browns. Not many of us think that will happen though, considering he received just 2% of the votes in Wednesday's poll.

Fraley's best chance at starting will be at the center position. If that happens, Fraley probably won't really "win" the job; it'll just be a case in which Alex Mack appears to need a lot more work at the NFL level.

Fraley began his career with the Philadelphia Eagles, helping pave the way to several NFC Championship games. In 2006, the Browns were desperate at the center position. LeCharles Bentley went down with an injury on the first play of training camp, and Bob Hallen said "screw this" and retired. All we had left were a couple of third-string free agents competing for a starting role. Phil Savage was able to make one of his best acquisitions during his time in Cleveland in Fraley, who was coming off of a shoulder injury the previous season. Fraley exceeded expectations in 2006 and 2007, but he failed to reach those expectations in 2008. Maybe it's a little unfair to write him off after one bad season, but either way, Fraley was never intended to be a long-term solution. His chances at making the roster this year might come down to who the coaching staff likes better -- Fraley or Rex Hadnot. I think there will be room for both of them.

Player Quality: C-
Final Roster Odds: 60%

from this site

http://mobile.dawgsbynature.com/2009/7/3/936870/cleveland-browns-training-camp

I guess that's one other option, but I'd rather have Mawae :coffee: