PDA

View Full Version : Most surprising game of the day!

Nomad
09-09-2007, 05:03 PM
For me it's the KC/Hou game! I thought KC would win this game but I was wrong!:elefant:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I guess I am going to say the Bronco's game was the most surprising. I am not surprised that we won, but am surprised about many different things that happened:

We had 470 offensive yards, to 182 for Buffalo, and had to squeak out a win in the last second.

Also, I was very pleasantly surprised by the play of our defense. I was very concerned in that area, based on preseason, and was not sure what to expect.

I was pleasantly surprised by the play of D.J. Williams

I was pleasantly surprised by Cutler. Of course, he will make rookie mistakes, but I could definitely see alot of promise, as well as possible greatness in him.

kcvet
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
no surprise for me. on the road again. another L. i was surprised the broncs pulled that one out. they came oh so close to an L. but congrads. bad news for us is kennison pulled a hammie. probably 4-6 wks. maybe the IR.

BroncoWave
09-09-2007, 06:17 PM
That surprised you? I picked Houston and that was one of the games I felt pretty confident about.

kcvet
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
That surprised you? I picked Houston and that was one of the games I felt pretty confident about.

haha you don't know how they play on the road................

BroncoWave
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
haha you don't know how they play on the road................

I saw them get destroyed on the road today...

kcvet
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I saw them get destroyed on the road today...

20-3 is destroyed??? oh well. you get the atta boy pin.

KCL
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
The KC game did not surprise me as I have stated a few times....the

reservations I have about this season.I thought Huard played pretty

decent...his rec were not much help plus the secondary stunk it up...

no surprise there.

I watched the SD game...they looked ready!

Even Oakland was able to score TDs...

BroncoWave
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
20-3 is destroyed??? oh well. you get the atta boy pin.

Yes, 20-3 is destroyed.

kcvet
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Yes, 20-3 is destroyed.

your opinion. and thank you for it.

KCL
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes, 20-3 is destroyed.

I wouldnt say 20-3 is destroyed...an ugly loss for sure but I have

seen worse scores!;)

BroncoWave
09-09-2007, 08:12 PM
your opinion. and thank you for it.

no problem! :D

(btw, it's not me hating on the chiefs. had we lost 20-3 today i'd have said we got destroyed)

BroncoBJ
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
That didnt surprise me at all.
I thought the Texans would beat them pretty good.

I was shocked Denver and the Panthers won though.
And the Titans.

Those were my big 3 shockers.

omac
09-10-2007, 12:26 AM
That didnt surprise me at all.
I thought the Texans would beat them pretty good.

I was shocked Denver and the Panthers won though.
And the Titans.

Those were my big 3 shockers.

Yeah, I wasn't surprised that the Texans won either. Their offense under Kubes, Shaub, and Green has been looking pretty good, while KC hasn't looked good executing anything.

I also picked Denver and Carolina, so no surprises there; I was surprised by the Titans win ... I didn't see that coming at all, and in hindsight, maybe I should've, as Vince Young led teams seem to find a way to win. :cool:

(added) What really surprised me was the extremely high level of play of ELI MANNING?!?!? :eek: I knew he could do much better, but I didn't expect to see him play this good.

broncosfanscott
09-10-2007, 02:13 AM
The one thing that surprised me today was the final score of the DET/OAK game. I never would have thought the final score would be 36-21.

omac
09-10-2007, 03:09 AM
The one thing that surprised me today was the final score of the DET/OAK game. I never would have thought the final score would be 36-21.

Yeah, the Raiders D gave up a lot, and the Raiders O put up a decent score. Bizzaro world :eek:

Skinny
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Personally, G.B. over Philly was suprising to me considering the injurys to G.B. offensively.

It was also by a late F.G. but Farve was surrounded with alot rookies. On the defensive side of the ball too.

Gotta tip your hat to'um (G.B.).

And congrats to Brett . . .
Despite tying John Elway's record for career victories by a starting quarterback with 148, Favre and his young supporting cast struggled to score.:tsk:If any Q.B. was gonna break John's record, i wouldnt want it to be anybody else.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7198180

Damn you Philly!:mad:

BroncoWave
09-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Personally, G.B. over Philly was suprising to me considering the injurys to G.B. offensively.

It was also by a late F.G. but Farve was surrounded with alot rookies. On the defensive side of the ball too.

Gotta tip your hat to'um (G.B.).

And congrats to Brett . . .If any Q.B. was gonna break John's record, i wouldnt want it to be anybody else.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7198180

Damn you Philly!:mad:

I hope Brett enjoys it while he has it because Potato Head Manning will come blowing by him before long.

Skinny
09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I hope Brett enjoys it while he has it because Potato Head Manning will come blowing by him before long.lol @ potato head!

Yeah, yer probably right barring injury. He's well on his way.

BroncoBJ
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I hope Brett enjoys it while he has it because Potato Head Manning will come blowing by him before long.

So then Elway is going to be #3. :eek:

:laugh: