PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Release Kenny Peterson

Tned
03-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Mike Klis is reporting that Kenny Peterson has been released:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/10/kenny-peterson-released/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

underrated29
03-10-2010, 07:04 PM
OOOH pola is gonna be pissed...

Sorry P.

shank
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
come on, McD, that's your boy!

Italianmobstr7
03-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I actually like Kenny Peterson. Oh well. He played good only in spurts so I understand why.

BroncoWave
03-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I love how the illusions of McDaniels favoritism continue to crumble down!

I wonder when those of you left who are convinced that McD hates Shanahan guys and that he is nothing more than a nepotist will finally admit how dumb that stance was.

Tned
03-10-2010, 07:17 PM

I wonder when those of you left who are convinced that McD hates Shanahan guys and that he is nothing more than a nepotist will finally admit how dumb that stance was.

He hates Shanahan's guys and guys that used to play for Josh's father! ;)

broncobryce
03-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I thought Peterson was a Shanahan guy? But I agree, and was going to say "McD's hate of Shanahan players continues.....":rolleyes:

dogfish
03-10-2010, 07:23 PM

**** does this possibly have to do with kenny peterson?

we just released an aging guy that shanahan signed a few years back, and this somehow translates to ammo for the pro-mcdaniels camp?

****, can we ever get to a point where we can just talk about the team without having to bring agendas to the table?

we cut kenny peterson, that really showed those anti-josh meanies what time it is! boo-yah! take that, bitches!

somewhere, clay is hanging his head in shame as the piercing light of the truth burns all his delusions to cinders. . .

time to give it up, clay-- your kind just lost. . . kenny peterson is GONE! where is your god now, little man?

dogfish
03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
:coffee:

Tned
03-10-2010, 07:27 PM
:coffee:

:cricket:

T.K.O.
03-10-2010, 07:35 PM
what will we do.......WHAT WILL WE DO ?:shocked:

broncobryce
03-10-2010, 07:38 PM
what will we do.......WHAT WILL WE DO ?:shocked:

I always liked him, but obviously he was below average. It will be interesting to see if he gets a job elsewhere, I hope he does.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2010, 07:42 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9962

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- On Wednesday, the Broncos announced that defensive lineman Kenny Peterson has been released and guard Mitch Erickson has been waived.

Peterson played in all 16 games in 2009, starting 14, and totaled a career-high 40 tackles to lead all Denver defensive linemen. Perhaps his signature play in 2009 was a sack of Ben Roethlisberger. He forced a fumble on the play, which was recovered by Robert Ayers and returned 54 yards for a touchdown.

Erickson was signed before the 2008 season as a college free agent and spent the past two seasons on the team's practice squad.

Tned
03-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Here is a conversation that Josiana Anderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson) of Fox31 had with him after he was released:

Kenny Peterson to Fox31: "I loved it in Denver. I wanted to retire as a Bronco. I thought I was going to be given a chance to compete but unfortunately that didn't happen. I'm confident that when one window closes, a door opens. Although this comes as a shock. I'm appreciate of my time in Denver, and the fans, and the relationships that I developed while I was there."

Dean
03-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I didn't think too highly of his play this year but that response shows a touch of class. Good luck to him in the future but IMO it was the right move to make.

Tned
03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
I didn't think too highly of his play this year but that response shows a touch of class. Good luck to him in the future but IMO it was the right move to make.

Picking up the DL players we did in the last week, along with who was already on the roster, the move makes sense.

Timmy!
03-10-2010, 08:21 PM

we just released an aging guy that shanahan signed a few years back, and this somehow translates to ammo for the pro-mcdaniels camp?

****, can we ever get to a point where we can just talk about the team without having to bring agendas to the table?

we cut kenny peterson, that really showed those anti-josh meanies what time it is! boo-yah! take that, bitches!

somewhere, clay is hanging his head in shame as the piercing light of the truth burns all his delusions to cinders. . .

time to give it up, clay-- your kind just lost. . . kenny peterson is GONE! where is your god now, little man?

Ha! Take that you McD haters! :heh:

shank
03-10-2010, 08:25 PM
i feel like mcbean should have gotten the axe before kenny...

getlynched47
03-10-2010, 08:26 PM

I swear, in almost every thread that I read there's one of your stupid "I told you so" comments.

xzn
03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Mc Bean is young and has potential to get better. Nunnely must know who he wants.

I could see 297 lb Mc Bean "starting" with Jarvis Green actually getting more playing time once we dictate teams having to pass.

getlynched47
03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
i feel like mcbean should have gotten the axe before kenny...

McBean was possibly our best lineman against the run up until he sprained his knee ligament vs. Baltimore.

I actually hope he starts for us next season with Jarvis Green in rotation. Green has been horrible when he has to start 16 games, but as a situational defensive end he's probably one of the best, if not the best, rush 3-4 defensive ends in the entire NFL.

shank
03-10-2010, 08:38 PM
forgot about mcbean's injury. i just remember him getting pushed around quite a bit the back-half.

xzn
03-10-2010, 08:49 PM
forgot about mcbean's injury. i just remember him getting pushed around quite a bit the back-half.

Hopefully our new found depth will help and Mc Bean can fully recover strength and movement.

I'd like to see Bannan at LDE, Williams @ NT and Mc Bean at RDE as our "base" starters. With Fields and Green as primary backups and Baker also getting worked in. Thomas could slim down a bit and backup power base LDE on run downs unless we draft someone who is better suited as a five technique then he may be cut if he can't beat out Baker.

For Nickle and Dime lines, whether 40 or 30 look I'd see Bannan and Green as inside pass rushers with guys like Reid, Ayers, Dumerville and Moss coming off the edge.

BroncoWave
03-10-2010, 08:52 PM

McDaniels and Peterson were HS teammates, that's why I made that point.

BroncoWave
03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I swear, in almost every thread that I read there's one of your stupid "I told you so" comments.

The truth hurts. :coffee:

Ziggy
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
I wish Peterson the best. He may not have had a lot of talent, but he played hard, and I appreciate that out of any Bronco. Good luck Kenny.

getlynched47
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
The truth hurts. :coffee:

It doesn't hurt at all. It's just annoying.

Do you want a prize or something for being right?

Does is look like we give a shit? :laugh:

BroncoWave
03-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Does is look like we give a shit? :laugh:

You keep responding to me so you must! :lol:

getlynched47
03-10-2010, 09:13 PM
You keep responding to me so you must! :lol:

I used the word "we", not "I".

dogfish had it right.

BroncoWave
03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I used the word "we", not "I".

dogfish had it right.

Saying "we don't care" is exactly the same as saying "I don't care" as far as the person saying it is concerned. :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Thread title - "Broncos Release Kenny Peterson"

Lonestar
03-10-2010, 09:36 PM
OK folks get off the personal pissing contests.

lets get

:focus:

JDL
03-10-2010, 09:49 PM

Nope... pretty much 80% of the first salvos come from the Pro-McDaniels camp and then they go around b#$%%ing about how every thread devolves into a Pro-Anti smackfest... it is really humorous if not downright hysterical.

JDL
03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
I wish Peterson the best. He may not have had a lot of talent, but he played hard, and I appreciate that out of any Bronco. Good luck Kenny.

Exactly! Great guy who did more with limited talent than most do with a ton more.... I'd be surprised if this wasn't the end for him, but he has nothing to be ashamed of, it was just absurd to rely on him being a starter and he did much better than he probably should have been expected to, if it still wasn't quite good enough to stick around.

Lonestar
03-10-2010, 09:56 PM

Was an over achiever to say the least had a good motor on him.:salute:

I just wish that players with more talent would show up like he did.

Broncolingus
03-10-2010, 11:16 PM

Agreed...

I actually like Kenny Peterson. Oh well. He played good only in spurts so I understand why.

Yup...true that.

THE719!
03-11-2010, 12:37 AM
good he has not done jack ever since he has been here

sneakers
03-11-2010, 12:51 AM
:cricket:

:cricket: :cricket:

Davii
03-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Not very happy about this. Kenny led our linemen in tackles last year, and was very affordable with being due just over 1 mill this year. It seems to me he is at the very least a serviceable backup, and while we may have upgraded the position we just got rid of the depth we had, and need.

I like Kenny Peterson. He is a good player, and is the consumate professional. I hope MacD has the position figured out. I don't like getting rid of a good player and a good character guy.

dogfish
03-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Not very happy about this. Kenny led our linemen in tackles last year, and was very affordable with being due just over 1 mill this year. It seems to me he is at the very least a serviceable backup, and while we may have upgraded the position we just got rid of the depth we had, and need.

I like Kenny Peterson. He is a good player, and is the consumate professional. I hope MacD has the position figured out. I don't like getting rid of a good player and a good character guy.

i tend to agree with this. . . even vets' salaries aren't guaranteed for the season outside of injury until they're on the roster for week one of the regular season from what i understand-- and even if he did get hurt, let's be honest. . . a million bucks ain't shit to an NFL franchise, they fart out million dollar bonuses to keep a guy from going to a rival lower down the waiver chain, or to hedge their bets with a guy they later cut. . . just seems that, with no pressure to trim salary or roster space, it would have made sense to have kept him at least through camp. . .

doesn't hurt to have guys who know the system on hand in case of injuries. . . and i know we can always sign him back, but, another vet to help the new guys transition through OTAs and into camp never hurts. . .

oh well. . . he played hard for us and was an effective player early in the season. . . good luck to him. . .

claymore
03-11-2010, 07:54 AM
i love how the illusions of mcdaniels favoritism continue to crumble down!

I wonder when those of you left who are convinced that mcd hates shanahan guys and that he is nothing more than a nepotist will finally admit how dumb that stance was.

lol

broncofaninfla
03-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Makes total football sense to release Peterson. He is a solid vet at best with no upside. The recent free agent signings moved him into the bottom tier of our line. Why use a roster spot with a guy with no upside when we are drafting guys with more upside?
As for the Mcd favoritism this does NOTHING to change my views that a certain level a favoritism has existed with him. The recent over paying for Jarvis Green backs that up. Also I can't help but think he cut Peterson early because he likes Peterson. It gives him more time to sign on with somebody else. I wish the best for Peterson and feel he provides good depth for a team in need of depth at that postion.

THE719!
03-11-2010, 10:11 AM

and who did we have on the that line last year? a bunch of no names so of course he should have the most tackles

Davii
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
and who did we have on the that line last year? a bunch of no names so of course he should have the most tackles

So, just because you feel the rest of the line was crappy doesn't give any less credence to the fact that he led in tackles among the group. It certainly doesn't mean we should cut arguably our best lineman, who is very affordable.

I don't see how cutting a guy who was only owed 1 million, knows the system well at this point, and at the very least would be a serviceable backup for us improves the team.

Elevation inc
03-11-2010, 11:20 AM
im glad he is gone he was the worst starting DE in a 3-4 defense in the NFL.....he sucked this year quite extensively...and i actually like the guy, but he didnt earn a shot again next year with his play period....

its clear MCd holds his players accountable.....

THE719!
03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
So, just because you feel the rest of the line was crappy doesn't give any less credence to the fact that he led in tackles among the group. It certainly doesn't mean we should cut arguably our best lineman, who is very affordable.

I don't see how cutting a guy who was only owed 1 million, knows the system well at this point, and at the very least would be a serviceable backup for us improves the team.

and how many sacks did he have.... 1.... and 40 tackles..... yep he was a keeper...

pnbronco
03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
OOOH pola is gonna be pissed...

Sorry P.

Not pissed, just sad, he's a great guy and a buddy thanks ur for thinking of me...

shank
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
and how many sacks did he have.... 1.... and 40 tackles..... yep he was a keeper...
bulletproof logic. so insightful that it hurts.

pnbronco
03-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Here is a conversation that Josiana Anderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson) of Fox31 had with him after he was released:

That Kenny, class through and through....Will miss you like crazy and best of luck......:salute: