PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Corey Haim

Kapaibro
03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Lost Boys actor Corey Haim dies aged 38

A spokeswoman said he passed away in the early hours of Wednesday morning at Providence St Joseph Medical Centre.

A post-mortem will determine the cause of death and no other details have been released as yet.

The Canadian-born star's first role was in the 1984 hit Firstborn. In recent years, he appeared in reality TV show The Two Coreys.

The series, which also starred Haim's friend Corey Feldman, was cancelled in 2008 after two series.

The pair, who both have battled drug problems in the past, starred in the 1988 movie License to Drive together and became well known for their on and off screen partnership.

In recent years, Haim had spoken to press about his battle with addiction.

After Firstborn, Haim landed a role in the 1985 TV movie A Time to Live and also appeared in several episodes of the TV show Roomies.

He went on to become a teen heartthrob after starring in the 1986 film Lucas, alongside Charlie Sheen and Winona Ryder.

Haim starred alongside Kiefer Sutherland in The Lost Boys, about a group of friends who do battle with a band of teenage vampires.

shank
03-10-2010, 05:46 PM
RIP chris farley

GEM
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I just bought Lost Boys for my daughters last night. Weird.

They have been getting into all the old teenager movies of the 80's and 90's.

weazel
03-10-2010, 06:48 PM

make sure you get her Porky's. wholesome movie...

KCL
03-10-2010, 07:01 PM
RIP chris farley

Did he die again?

T.K.O.
03-10-2010, 07:11 PM

you gotta get "breakfast club" for them,great movie to help young people understand "clicks" and stereotyping.
oh and sorry to hear about corey....its always sad when someone dies young.
especially if it could have been avoided.(not saying thats the case here,but the drug thing is not a good sign)

Magnificent Seven
03-11-2010, 12:15 AM
you gotta get "breakfast club" for them,great movie to help young people understand "clicks" and stereotyping.
especially if it could have been avoided.(not saying thats the case here,but the drug thing is not a good sign)

Weird Science and 16 Candles! I love John Hughes' 1980's movies. I would recommend his movies.

Kapaibro
03-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Weird Science and 16 Candles! I love John Hughes' 1980's movies. I would recommend his movies.

I have both of those films! I love them!

shank
03-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Did he die again?

i had to high five myself....
i guess i'm the only one who misses the talent of chris farley.

KCL
03-11-2010, 07:01 AM
i had to high five myself....
i guess i'm the only one who misses the talent of chris farley.

Nope..you're not the only one..I have a couple of his movies plus his SNL dvd...stupid slob didn't take care of himself though!

Tommy Boy is one of my favorites!

Northman
03-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Breakfast club.

As for Haim, he and feldman were great together but a year or so ago i caught a couple of episodes of "Intervention" and the two guys could not get along because of Haim's drug use and the inability to kick it. Too bad, a tragic story for sure.

shank
03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Nope..you're not the only one..I have a couple of his movies plus his SNL dvd...stupid slob didn't take care of himself though!

Tommy Boy is one of my favorites!

i also just finished reading his biography. really sad story, but still stupid.

KCL
03-11-2010, 01:29 PM
i also just finished reading his biography. really sad story, but still stupid.

He was funny...his SNL dvd is good..Matt Foley...the Chippendales...good stuff.

shank
03-11-2010, 01:34 PM
He was funny...his SNL dvd is good..Matt Foley...the Chippendales...good stuff.

the chippendales sketch was really controversial with cast-members.

did you know that chris farley was supposed to be shrek? but he died while making it, and they weren't far enough along yet and they had to switch to myers...

KCL
03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
the chippendales sketch was really controversial with cast-members.

did you know that chris farley was supposed to be shrek? but he died while making it, and they weren't far enough along yet and they had to switch to myers...

nope I did not know that...Black Sheep was pretty good...not bad.

GEM
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM

That is already one of their favorites. :D

GEM
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Breakfast club.

As for Haim, he and feldman were great together but a year or so ago i caught a couple of episodes of "Intervention" and the two guys could not get along because of Haim's drug use and the inability to kick it. Too bad, a tragic story for sure.

That was 'The 2 Coreys'....Feldman's bitch of a wife forced his hand and kicked Haim out....then she up and divorced him.

NameUsedBefore
03-13-2010, 05:50 AM
I miss Chris Farley. Seriously.

(No idea who Corey Haim is.)

Zweems56
03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4df62f7a8e/play-corey-haim-off-keyboard-cat