PDA

View Full Version : Spike?

shank
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
anyone have any theories as to why we didn't spike the football before kicking the final field goal?

is shanny such a big fan of drama that he would risk the game to have a big finish?

does jay cutler have a concrete policy of not spiking the football more than once per game?

is the rumor that stopping the clock has been linked to cancer true?

other theories?

DenBronx
09-09-2007, 04:32 PM
im not sure why but it would have set elam back a couple of more yards. i liked the drama with the clock running out as he kicked it. the announcers today were great.

shank
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
im not sure why but it would have set elam back a couple of more yards. i liked the drama with the clock running out as he kicked it. the announcers today were great.

oh it was definitley one of the most dramatic finishes i've seen. it was awesome, but can you think of how mad we'd all be if we didn't get the snap off, or we missed the field goal? lots of people would be calling for shanny's head, no doubt about it...

i thought the announcers were good, but they were latched onto marshawn's jock like sucker-fish. they couldn't say enough good things about him... i mean seriously, "he's like thurman thomas?" he's a damned rookie guys!

The Hamburgler
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
I heard that if Cutler had snapped the ball, I would have cracked the stadium in two. But in all seriousness, Someone said that Shanny thought it was 4th and 1

Den21vsBal19
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm guessing that they'd pre-called it in case we'd not gotten the yardage for a first down

No messing around looking at the yardage, Offense off, Special Teams on

And

BOOM!!!!! :rockon:

Broncos Mtnman
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM

A spike is just an incomplete pass. It wouldn't have changed field position.

I'm not sure why we didn't spike it. Someone mentioned that perhaps Shanny was off on the down and distance.

It made it interesting, but heck, we won and that's what matters!!

Bring on the Faiders!!

:rockon:

DenBronx
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
oh it was definitley one of the most dramatic finishes i've seen. it was awesome, but can you think of how mad we'd all be if we didn't get the snap off, or we missed the field goal? lots of people would be calling for shanny's head, no doubt about it...

i thought the announcers were good, but they were latched onto marshawn's jock like sucker-fish. they couldn't say enough good things about him... i mean seriously, "he's like thurman thomas?" he's a damned rookie guys!

I was one of the guys that was really high on lynch. he is on a below average team and actually kept their drives alive today. trust me marshawn will be a beast in the nfl. our defense had a hard time bringing him down and he took some heavy heavy shots to the head. but yeah after awhile it got old hearing how good they thought he was.

TXBRONC
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I would bet money that the reason they did it that way was so that the Bills would not have a chance at return.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
In an interview with Jason after the game, he explained that they practice that play all the time, but he never thought they would use it.

Also, Cutler said that he was looking towards the sideline to see if he should spike it, but here came the field goal team onto the field.

Slick
09-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm guessing that they'd pre-called it in case we'd not gotten the yardage for a first down

And

I agree Den. I doubt the refs were stopping the clock to measure. I'm glad Elam got another chance. :beer:

Raider week, home opener, I'm stoked.

lex
09-09-2007, 07:36 PM

And

I agree Den. I doubt the refs were stopping the clock to measure. I'm glad Elam got another chance. :beer:

Raider week, home opener, I'm stoked.

Yeah, thats what they were saying on the blitz. They werent sure if it was a first and didnt want to risk ending up on the short end when it comes to having enough time left after a measurement.

Slick
09-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, thats what they were saying on the blitz. They werent sure if it was a first and didnt want to risk ending up on the short end when it comes to having enough time left after a measurement.

I figured that was the case. Thanks for clarifying. :salute:

Not getting any postgame shows here. Oh wait, I do have NFL Network. Duh