PDA

View Full Version : One of the Last 16 Survivors of Auschwitz....

Jody
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
I may have the opportunity to meet Sami Jalilov, one of the 16 last survivors of the holocaust at Auschwitz, death camp of WWII.

I have to tell you that I feel honored and touched beyond words to hear this man speak, and I want to be very deliberate in the questions I ask him with great sensitivity.

I would love to hear what questions you would ask this man who has endured so much.

I'm not absolutely sure if I will be able to attend or not, but still....what would you say to someone while shaking their hand and looking into their eyes who has experienced this unimaginable time at Auschwitz?

Den21vsBal19
09-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I may have the opportunity to meet Sami Jalilov, one of the 16 last survivors of the holocaust at Auschwitz, death camp of WWII.

I have to tell you that I feel honored and touched beyond words to hear this man speak, and I want to be very deliberate in the questions I ask him with great sensitivity.

I would love to hear what questions you would ask this man who has endured so much.

I'm not absolutely sure if I will be able to attend or not, but still....what would you say to someone while shaking their hand and looking into their eyes who has experienced this unimaginable time at Auschwitz?

I really don't know if I'd be able to ask a coherent question

The thought of what those eyes have seen :shake:

sneakers
09-10-2007, 12:59 AM
It definately would be very interesting to meet such a person. My bestfriend's Grandmother died in one of those camps just for being Polish.

kcvet
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
it would be an honor to here his story. anyone ever see 'Shindlers list'??? a true story. if not I highly recommend it. produced by Steven Spielberg in 1993. it deal with survivors. many people have a hard time watching this.

Schindler's List" is the based-on-truth story of Nazi Czech business man Oskar Schindler, who uses Jewish labor to start a factory in occupied Poland. As World War II progresses, and the fate of the Jews becomes more and more clear, Schindler's motivations switch from profit to human sympathy and he is able to save over 1100 Jews from death in the gas chambers

Slick
09-10-2007, 04:31 PM

I would love to hear him speak, and probably cringe at hearing his story. Just thinking about what happened there makes me sad.

I wouldn't know what to ask, I'd probably just listen and try not to cry.