PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me...

aberdien
03-27-2008, 10:00 PM
I need some more good trip hop and glitch type music. You could throw in some experimental as well.

dogfish
03-28-2008, 03:42 AM
well, it's a fairly broad genre, and i haven't the faintest idea what you're already familiar with, but here are some names you might want to look at if you're not. . .

dj krush
9 lazy 9
mark farina's mushroom jazz mixes
dj foodfight
st. etienne
st. germain
kruder and dorfmeister
hedfunk
dj spooky tha subliminal kid

instinct records and ninjatune records both have some good trip hop compilations. . .

of the stuff i named, whether you'd call it trip-hop, downtempo, acid jazz. . . whatever-- IMO it's all tremendously arbitrary and unimportant-- i've never felt that strictly categorizing music was all THAT important (unless someone mistakenly tries to put some garbage into one of my favorite categories :lol: ), but i know some people are really militant about it. . . anyways. . .

if you want some good dub, check out thievery corporation. . .

for ambient, try terra thaemlitz, pete namlook, tetsu inoue, single cell orchestra, seefeel, spacetime continuum, future sound of london, sounds from the ground, bill laswell, irresistable force, higher intelligence agency, human mesh dance, the orb, or aphex twin/richard d. james. . . some older names, but still very good stuff. . . .