PDA

View Full Version : Iphone apps

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I'm getting an Iphone shortly. Could anyone recommend any decents Broncos/NFL/NCAA related apps? News, games etc.

Northman
03-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Hmm, should get my wife to post on here for you. Dont know about any Broncos apps but im sure she could find one for you as she has all kinds of crazy things on her iphone. Ill tell her to check this thread out and see if she can help you at all.

broncofaninfla
03-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I just got an Iphone as well and am curious about football related news and other cool applications.

Tned
03-09-2010, 09:36 AM
One thing for the football news is to get a twitter app and then follow the Broncos beat reporters. They constantly post info such as which free agents have been signed, who has visits lined up, etc. Same during draft time and training camp. A great source of breaking/fresh news.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Hmm, should get my wife to post on here for you. Dont know about any Broncos apps but im sure she could find one for you as she has all kinds of crazy things on her iphone. Ill tell her to check this thread out and see if she can help you at all.

That'll be great, cheers.

I just got an Iphone as well and am curious about football related news and other cool applications.

The United forum I go on has loads which I'll be checking out from Thursday when mine arrives. What type of thing are you looking for and I'll let you know if I find any and if I see any generally cool ones I'll stick them on here. Quite surprised there isn't a thread already on here.

One thing for the football news is to get a twitter app and then follow the Broncos beat reporters. They constantly post info such as which free agents have been signed, who has visits lined up, etc. Same during draft time and training camp. A great source of breaking/fresh news.

Didn't think off that. I wasn't going to bother with twitter but that is a good reason to sign up.

Tned
03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Didn't think off that. I wasn't going to bother with twitter but that is a good reason to sign up.

Yea, I rarely post a tweet and when I do, it isn't, "I'm having breakfast", "I'm driving to work", "I'm thinking of having tea and biscuits", etc.

Instead, I follow the beat writers, which is good all year long, but especially good during training camp, when they were sending out near live TC reports. Also, during the game it can be good, because they will often post injury or other reports that the TV guys haven't picked up on yet.

About the only thing I tweet is questions to the writers, which often they respond to. Frank Schwab and Lindsey Jones are particularly good both in terms of posting great news/updates, and also answering questions from fans, and even collecting questions before pressers and stuff and doing their best to get them answered.

If you followed nobody but those two, you would get a wealth of Broncos news.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Twitterrific - as Tned suggested for news
google earth
google (voice activated)
local concerts
shazam
iphones.skinns.ca (amazing)
touchmouse
bump
5 0 radio
tvu player