PDA

View Full Version : Matt Ryan, question about the Dolphins

GEM
03-27-2008, 10:31 AM
If they are going with Ryan, what are they going to do with Beck who they just drafted last year?

mclark
03-27-2008, 10:37 AM
In my mind, no way they go with Ryan. He's a late first round pick in most years, if that.

GEM
03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
In my mind, no way they go with Ryan. He's a late first round pick in most years, if that.

But is Beck really their guy, and if not, then does Beck go on the trading block? I just think it is a rather stupid pick. It's not very often you get #1 in the draft and to use it on a QB, when you just did that the previous year.....leaves me scratching my head.

BroncoJoe
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
I thought they were pretty much going to go DE? At least that seems to be what everyone is suggesting.

GEM
03-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I thought they were pretty much going to go DE? At least that seems to be what everyone is suggesting.

They may be, I just saw it on rivals.com that they projected the QB. It just got me wondering and figured I would ask some of you draft guys.

BOSSHOGG30
03-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I think the Dolphins would be stupid not to go with Matt Ryan... You would think they learned their lesson when they decided to take a lesser QB last year and picked Tedd Ginn. If they would have taken Brady Quinn we wouldn't be having this conversation about Beck and who the Dolphins should take. They need a franchise QB and they need that guy in the 1st round. Flacco, Henne, and all the other QB's are projects just like Beck. Matt Ryan has the most promise and the Dolphins need him.

claymore
03-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I think the Dolphins would be stupid not to go with Matt Ryan... You would think they learned their lesson when they decided to take a lesser QB last year and picked Tedd Ginn. If they would have taken Brady Quinn we wouldn't be having this conversation about Beck and who the Dolphins should take. They need a franchise QB and they need that guy in the 1st round. Flacco, Henne, and all the other QB's are projects just like Beck. Matt Ryan has the most promise and the Dolphins need him.Cam Cameron really screwed this team. It will take years to recover from his draft last year.

BOSSHOGG30
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
If the Dolphins do draft Matt Ryan or any QB they would be smart to hold on to Beck for the time being. Matt Ryan might be the most promising QB in this class, but he is far from a sure thing. They would put themselves in a similar situation as the Cleveland Browns and one of the two would be very good trade bait if they decided to unload one of the QB's in the near future.

GEM
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I think the Dolphins would be stupid not to go with Matt Ryan... You would think they learned their lesson when they decided to take a lesser QB last year and picked Tedd Ginn. If they would have taken Brady Quinn we wouldn't be having this conversation about Beck and who the Dolphins should take. They need a franchise QB and they need that guy in the 1st round. Flacco, Henne, and all the other QB's are projects just like Beck. Matt Ryan has the most promise and the Dolphins need him.

Hey Boss, if they go with Ryan, what do you think they'll do with Beck? Guy is probably sitting next to the pool with an umbrella drink pissed off. :lol:

Just saw your last answer. Thanks!

dogfish
03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
i just can't see parcells taking a QB who isn't even considered a real blue chip prospect by most with the #1 overall pick. . . the niners will regret taking alex smith just because he was the top QB and they needed one for the next ten years or so-- or for however long guys like braylon edwards and shawne steroidman are ripping it up. . .

i see parcells going with a big, athletic banger-- chris or jake long, or maybe dorsey or gholston. . . .

Scarface
03-27-2008, 03:25 PM

I'm with you on that. I like Ryan as a prospect but #1 overall he is not.