PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network State of the Franchise

Flatinum
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
If this has already been posted my apologies.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=F8E2EA1E2DC896231A215835131C0673 ?videoId=09000d5d807582ee

MOtorboat
03-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks Flatinum,

I don't watch NFL network (don't have it)...so I don't know who that studio host is off the top of my head...but he wants us to go get a Brandon Marshall, and he wants us to go get a Dominique Foxworth. I think that was a poor analysis, but other than that, a good watch. Wilcots hit the nail on the head with improving the trenches and stating that we need Travis Henry to step it up and jump-start the running game.

Flatinum
03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks Flatinum,

I don't watch NFL network (don't have it)...so I don't know who that studio host is off the top of my head...but he wants us to go get a Brandon Marshall, and he wants us to go get a Dominique Foxworth. I think that was a poor analysis, but other than that, a good watch. Wilcots hit the nail on the head with improving the trenches and stating that we need Travis Henry to step it up and jump-start the running game.

I too was a little suprised at Jamie Dukes "needs" for the team (OL,WR,CB). OL I agree they need to upgrade, as for WR - Denver need's a no.2 not a no.1 as he says. He didn't even mention DL, although Wilcots did.

lex
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I too was a little suprised at Jamie Dukes "needs" for the team (OL,WR,CB). OL I agree they need to upgrade, as for WR - Denver need's a no.2 not a no.1 as he says. He didn't even mention DL, although Wilcots did.

There are like 3 teams that Dukes talks about 80% of the time and one of them is the Cowboys. Its pretty obvious he just plays to the #s of viewers cause he wants his show to do well. But as far as the rest of the teams are concerned expect little to no due diligence from him.

For the longest time Dukes was talking about Dallas using their two first round picks to trade up and get McFadden-- he still does. But for the longest time he was oblivious to the fact that they still didnt have enough points to move into the top 5 like he was talking about. This went on for several weeks until the combine, I think, where Schefter followed up on Dukes' commentary by referring to the point value chart. Dukes says a lot without saying much. I used to like him as a call a spade a spade guy but since he has had his own show he has sold out to empty rhetoric and playing up to the #s of viewers.

And another thing, NFLN is in Los Angeles which interfaces with a thread I made not long ago. Im not sayin'...Im just sayin'.

And FWIW, Ryan and Kirwan, both California guys, have devoted considerable commentary to such items as Myers going to Texas or not paying Elam 3 million per year. And they really were jumping up and down when Champ complained about not re-signing Elam for 3 mil per year. Regardless of what one may think, the commentary was diproportionate to the significance of those moves.

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 07:38 PM
If this has already been posted my apologies.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid=F8E2EA1E2DC896231A215835131C0673 ?videoId=09000d5d807582ee

I missed it when it came on television, so thanks for bring this clip from NFL Network. :salute:

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Dukes also said Cutler needs playmakers and then went on to mention a running back.

Lonestar
03-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Dukes also said Cutler needs playmakers and then went on to mention a running back.

Seemed to really want Thenry to step up..

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Seemed to really want Thenry to step up..

Solomon Wilcot mentioned Henry and Dukes mentioned drafting a running back.

Stand Ablaze
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Jamie Dukes sucks.

MOtorboat
03-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Jamie Dukes sucks.

If that's what his analysis is on a consistent basis, I would agree...He described Marshall and Foxworth when he said we needed to pick up a WR with 1400 yards and depth at CB...it's like, uh, duh.

broncosfanscott
03-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the clip. I try to keep an eye on it so I know when they are going to talk about Denver.

I agree with most of what they said as far as OL, WR, and DL. We wont have to worry about CB if we can get some pressure up front.

As far as Cutler and T.Henry......get a better OL and that will solve that problem.

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 10:22 PM
If that's what his analysis is on a consistent basis, I would agree...He described Marshall and Foxworth when he said we needed to pick up a WR with 1400 yards and depth at CB...it's like, uh, duh.

It was Solomon Wilcot that said we need to improve the depth at corner back if I remember correctly.

Lonestar
03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
It was Solomon Wilcot that said we need to improve the depth at corner back if I remember correctly.

I think he said because we are getting old there.. at least one of them did..

What a maroon!!!!!!!

MOtorboat
03-27-2008, 10:25 PM

oh, I thought was Dukes...my bad...I was watching it on the DL at work :coffee:

shank
03-27-2008, 10:27 PM

no it was dukes.

he said that champ and bly are getting old and we are in need of young depth. he obviously does his research.

BroncoWave
03-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Jamie Dukes sucks.

He sucks big time. He makes Skip Bayless seem intelligent.

Drill-N-Fill
03-27-2008, 10:31 PM

No it was dukes.

Those guys are idiots.

MOtorboat
03-27-2008, 10:37 PM
No it was dukes.

Those guys are idiots.

I thought Wilcots nailed it on the head. Dukes was more off than my love life...:elefant:

Drill-N-Fill
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
I thought Wilcots nailed it on the head. Dukes was more off than my love life...:elefant:

Maybe he did. I lost concentration after Dukes. Do they actually get paid for this?

dogfish
03-27-2008, 11:19 PM
He sucks big time. He makes Skip Bayless seem intelligent.

whoa, whoa, whoa!!

:eek:

i know dukes is a tool, but let's not get TOO carried away!

Stand Ablaze
03-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Wasn't Wilcots the one who said Jarvis Moss wasn't an impact player that the Broncos were looking for and then he said that Moss barely made it on the field?

I don't think he even knew Moss was placed on IR.

scott.475
03-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Jamie Dukes sucks.

BUT DOESN'T SCREAMING EVERYTHING YOU SAY MAKE YOU SMART? HE SOUNDS SO SMART WHEN HE SHOUTS EVERYTHING!

TD and Rod Woodson make Dukes look like a cartoon character. I really don't like that guy.

shank
03-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Wasn't Wilcots the one who said Jarvis Moss wasn't an impact player that the Broncos were looking for and then he said that Moss barely made it on the field?

yeah, that was wilcots. all these 'experts' think we need DEs to get after the qb, think moss is a bust, and don't even know that we drafted tim crowder. who the hell is elvis dumervil?

broncosfanscott
03-28-2008, 01:55 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't he do his homework?

Stand Ablaze
03-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't he do his homework?

Doubt it.

These experts just look at the stats sheet right before the show then they expect they're getting everything correct.

Medford Bronco
03-28-2008, 01:05 PM
BUT DOESN'T SCREAMING EVERYTHING YOU SAY MAKE YOU SMART? HE SOUNDS SO SMART WHEN HE SHOUTS EVERYTHING!

TD and Rod Woodson make Dukes look like a cartoon character. I really don't like that guy.

he is a clown

great assessment :salute:

Medford Bronco
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks Flatinum,

Wilcotts > Dukes any day of the week

Wilcotts has a brain Dukes is a moron ala Tony Kornheiser

Lonestar
03-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Doubt it.

These experts just look at the stats sheet right before the show then they expect they're getting everything correct.

It is impossible to anyone person to keep current with all teams needs, wants, desires, and signings. Adam S seems to have a lot of insider contacts that many do not..

The ex players while experts on the game it self or the positions thy played in or against, simply do not have those contacts and in cases intellect to handle all the permutations of it..

Dukes being near the top of this list..

fcspikeit
03-28-2008, 01:21 PM
no it was dukes.

he said that champ and bly are getting old and we are in need of young depth. he obviously does his research.

Your right, it was Dukes who said that, If I remember right he said, "Bly and Bailey are getting long in the tooth"

He is an idiot!

Medford Bronco
03-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Your right, it was Dukes who said that, If I remember right he said, "Bly and Bailey are getting long in the tooth"

He is an idiot!

He makes Michael Irvin and Emmit Smith look like brain surgeons

they have that show put up your dukes on NFl net
and when I see it I run far far way :vroam:

lex
03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Is it just me or has NFLN started to become more like E!SPN in the past year?

Medford Bronco
03-28-2008, 03:32 PM

you mean East Coast Patriots Sports Network :laugh:

Lonestar
03-28-2008, 05:18 PM

could be because they hired a guy from ESPN to run the network..