PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Marshall open to staying in Denver

Italianmobstr7
03-08-2010, 10:10 AM
According to Adam Schefter and Mike Tirico Marshall has said he's open to staying in Denver but his trip to Seattle went great. This could be bs, but I really hope it's true.

@Adam_Schefter:1/2 Colleague Mike Tirico bumped into Brandon Marshall after the wide receiver returned to Denver. Marshall said the visit was great...

@Adam_Schefter: Marshall also said he sitll very open to staying in Denver and would not be surprised if this process lasts until the NFL draft.

Nomad
03-08-2010, 10:12 AM
*sigh*:drinking::drama:

Traveler
03-08-2010, 10:28 AM
According to Adam Schefter and Mike Tirico Marshall has said he's open to staying in Denver but his trip to Seattle went great. This could be bs, but I really hope it's true.

@Adam_Schefter:1/2 Colleague Mike Tirico bumped into Brandon Marshall after the wide receiver returned to Denver. Marshall said the visit was great...

@Adam_Schefter: Marshall also said he sitll very open to staying in Denver and would not be surprised if this process lasts until the NFL draft.

Not surprising if it did play out this way. Seattle has to weigh the same options as we would cocerning BM. Also factoing into it it is that they would be required to surrneder the 6th overall pick in the draft.

SEA is right to take time and address all considerations/consequences.

Ziggy
03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Pure speculation on my part here: Sounds to me like they wined and dined him, but no contract was offered. I wouldn't be surprised to see BMarsh taking a trip to another team soon.

CoachChaz
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I still think this is a case of Denver letting Marshall test FA, without actually testing FA. I think they stand by their original contract offer and are letting Mrshall see if there is something better out there that guarantees more up front money. Based on Marshall's "oky with staying in Denver" comment, I think maybe Seattle isnt planning on offering anything better. "Could last up til the draft", could mean he'll keep looking at other potential offers.

Just speculation, but I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up staying in town.

THE719!
03-08-2010, 11:05 AM
no lets trade him he his bad for the team a cancer if you will so what if he had back to back seasons catching a 100 passes while missing three games he obviously dose not want to be here even though he said a bunch of times he dose and he was at the nuggs game last night and what a terrible criminal past i mean nothing was ever proven or charged but still what a horrible team player its all about him we want boy scouts for this team a bunch of talentless boy scouts

Traveler
03-08-2010, 11:07 AM
no lets trade him he his bad for the team a cancer if you will so what if he had back to back seasons catching a 100 passes while missing three games he obviously dose not want to be here even though he said a bunch of times he dose and he was at the nuggs game last night and what a terrible criminal past i mean nothing was ever proven or charged but still what a horrible team player its all about him we want boy scouts for this team a bunch of talentless boy scouts

Would you put that in English please?:confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Brandon is only bad for the Broncos if he continues to be the way he was. However, there is also the chance that Brandon has evaluated what he has done, and has decided to grow up. NO ONE KNOWS THIS BUT BRANDON.

broncophan
03-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Brandon is only bad for the Broncos if he continues to be the way he was. However, there is also the chance that Brandon has evaluated what he has done, and has decided to grow up. NO ONE KNOWS THIS BUT BRANDON.

Carol..........sorry.....but I have given up all hope......Marshall ran out of chances a long time ago.....sad but true.....

Slick
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
IŽd love it if he stayed. IŽd much rather have Marshall than a draft pick, but not for one season only to get nothing for him. If we're serious about him staying, we need to offer him a deal along the lines of the other top receivers in the game.

nevcraw
03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Up the guarantees on the last offer and let's put this bad boy to rest..

Marshal get's his upfront and we get a top reciever and can focus on everything else in FA and draft.

Thnikkaman
03-08-2010, 11:26 AM

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011h.gif

roomemp
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM

Talk about a run on sentence :eek:

CoachChaz
03-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Talk about a run on sentence :eek:

Even LONG sentences eventually have a period or some sort of punctuation

Thnikkaman
03-08-2010, 12:07 PM
No. Lets trade him. He his bad for the team; a cancer if you will. So what if he had back to back seasons catching a 100 passes while missing three games. He obviously does not want to be here even though he said a bunch of times he does. And he was at the nuggs game last night. What a terrible criminal past I mean nothing was ever proven or charged, but still what a horrible team player. It's all about him. We want boy scouts for this team; a bunch of talentless boy scouts.

Here is your post with proper punctuation and spelling.

Now that it is legible, are you trying to be sarcastic with your thoughts? You spend a paragraph railing on the guy, then cut on the team about having talentless players. You know what? I agree. Dawkens and Champ suck. Clady and Doom are horrible as well. We might as well change our names to the Denver Raiders we are so bad.

Now that I'm done being sarcastic. One player does not make a team. We survived before Marshal, and we will continue to be the Premier team of the AFC West without him; I don't care what the Chargers have done, they are not a force when it comes to the playoffs. We will either continue to have him in Denver, or have a shiny new 1st round draft pick because of him.

Ultimately, I believe he will be playing for Denver in September since I don't think anyone is going to give him the contract he thinks he deserves.

CoachChaz
03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Thnik has too much time on his hands

Thnikkaman
03-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Thnik has too much time on his hands

Some might say I should be using that time getting my forum set up.

CoachChaz
03-08-2010, 12:16 PM

Add my name to the list of "some"

underrated29
03-08-2010, 12:28 PM

What forum is this T?

broncophan
03-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Here is your post with proper punctuation and spelling.

Now that it is legible, are you trying to be sarcastic with your thoughts? You spend a paragraph railing on the guy, then cut on the team about having talentless players. You know what? I agree. Dawkens and Champ suck. Clady and Doom are horrible as well. We might as well change our names to the Denver Raiders we are so bad.

Now that I'm done being sarcastic. One player does not make a team. We survived before Marshal, and we will continue to be the Premier team of the AFC West without him; I don't care what the Chargers have done, they are not a force when it comes to the playoffs. We will either continue to have him in Denver, or have a shiny new 1st round draft pick because of him.

Ultimately, I believe he will be playing for Denver in September since I don't think anyone is going to give him the contract he thinks he deserves.

"Premier team of the afc west" sounds great.....but just what have our broncos done the last few years for you to say "we will CONTINUE to be the premier team of the afc west"?:confused:

Thnikkaman
03-08-2010, 01:07 PM
"Premier team of the afc west" sounds great.....but just what have our broncos done the last few years for you to say "we will CONTINUE to be the premier team of the afc west"?:confused:

Chalk that one to my Orange and Blue tinted glasses.

THE719!
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
BTW I like doom he has a dozen or so sacks but how many tackles dose he have compared to the rest of the league last year and not to mention some of the games he was a no show thats why i would take beast over doom

T.K.O.
03-08-2010, 01:42 PM
BTW I like doom he has a dozen or so sacks but how many tackles dose he have compared to the rest of the league last year and not to mention some of the games he was a no show thats why i would take beast over doom

:laugh::lol::lol:

Carl
03-08-2010, 02:37 PM

A dozen or so???? You mean 17? Thats a huge difference. 1 sack usually equals 1 punt. And each failed drive is at least 4 points that werent scored against us. Thats a big deal when you are either winning or losing games by a margin of less than a field goal. And if I do recall there were also a few games that Bmarsh didnt show up..... Why was that? Oh yeah....... cuz he got benched for being a deush. Dumerville is the best team player we have and THE best player we have. You'd rather have BRANDON MARSHALL over that???? I mean by that logic the Lions are a fantastic team. After all, they have CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnikkaman
03-08-2010, 03:11 PM

The word is does.

Not Dose.

Here is where you went wrong:

Dose - (n) a measured portion of medicine taken at any one time

Now if you are saying that Doom prescribes tackles to the opposition, then maybe I can begin to understand your view. And please, the SHIFT key allows you to capitalize your sentences, and the period lets you complete thoughts.

Lack of use of these tools lets us know that you lack the use of one major tool in your head.

And for your argument that you will take Marshal over Doom, it holds no water. Doom lead the league in sacks in a year where he was trying a new position, and works his @$$ off in film and training to become better. Marshal's statements and actions show us that he is a "good enough for a C player". That may get you your GED (and really you should think about taking that test), but its not enough to become excellent at your position.

THE719!
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
A dozen or so???? You mean 17? Thats a huge difference. 1 sack usually equals 1 punt. And each failed drive is at least 4 points that werent scored against us. Thats a big deal when you are either winning or losing games by a margin of less than a field goal. And if I do recall there were also a few games that Bmarsh didnt show up..... Why was that? Oh yeah....... cuz he got benched for being a deush. Dumerville is the best team player we have and THE best player we have. You'd rather have BRANDON MARSHALL over that???? I mean by that logic the Lions are a fantastic team. After all, they have CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to correct you my friend B-marsh got benched by our deush of a coach and again i say doom is a great sacker but his tackles are not there and not to mention b-marsh scored half of our freaking points last season

THE719!
03-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Marshal's statements and actions show us that he is a "good enough for a C player".

hahaha yep a C player.... I guess players make those type of catches during the giants (jumping one hander) and the cowboys (two great catches)

yep C player

T.K.O.
03-08-2010, 03:53 PM
to correct you my friend B-marsh got benched by our deush of a coach and again i say doom is a great sacker but his tackles are not there and not to mention b-marsh scored half of our freaking points last season

i'm pretty sure 60 was not 1/2 our points....but keep tryin':laugh:

Thnikkaman
03-08-2010, 03:56 PM
hahaha yep a C player.... I guess players make those type of catches during the giants (jumping one hander) and the cowboys (two great catches)

yep C player

You've almost got the punctuation right.

So what team will you be following when Marshal is no longer a Bronco?

Marshal has some great raw capabilities. And I had no problem buying my 4 year old a Marshal jersey last year. But, if he is going to continue to put himself before the team, then he is not going to win anything anywhere. That is what I am saying. He is doing just enough for a C, kind of like you in English class.

T.K.O.
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM

to correct you....marshall was the one who stated several days before any decision had been made by the medical or coaching staff that he would be unable to play....remember?
coach actually expected him to play at that point and when brandon did'nt show up on time for physical therapy coach benched him.but brandon had already made it clear he did'nt want to play in the final game.
could be because he did'nt want to risk further injury....could be he did'nt think he could play at a high level and last but NOT least ,could be he had attained his personal goal of 100+ catches the week before !;)

weazel
03-08-2010, 04:14 PM

:elefant:

weazel
03-08-2010, 04:19 PM

:marchmellow:

NightTrainLayne
03-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Just an FYI. "Douche" is not on the filtered word list, so feel free to spell it correctly.

However, please don't attempt to mis-spell words that actually are on the filter list. Circumventing the language filter is prohibited outside of the Lounge.

e-Lou-sive1
03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Maybe the Seattle deal is a hoax and it is just a way of putting Marshall's name out there which wouldn't be a surprise.Seattle knows what Brandon Marshall can do just by watching games he played in.Mentally they would'nt know If Marshall just wants a change of scenery or just looking to create chaos somewhere else.

The rumour is that Cincy is interested as well but no trip has been scheduled which maybe another marketing ploy.Maybe this for Marshall's benefit showing him what other teams are willing to give up for him and make him realize the damage he has done to his image.

If Seattle was interested than they wouldn't be trying to Bluelight Special him and see If Denver is desperate enough to get rid of him just to take him off Mc Daniels hands.

I think we should hold on to him as long as possible until the Free Agency period ends and wait to see what teams are willing to offer after they lost out on establishing any big names to their roster.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I am not signed up for NFL Insider - if anyone on here is, please post article - thanks

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2ffeatures%2frumors

NFL Insider Adam Schefter with an update on Broncos WR.

nevcraw
03-08-2010, 07:58 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Another Marshall option emerges

Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Jets?, Dolphins?, Cowboys?, Patriots?, Bengals?, Seahawks?, Ravens?

As first reported by NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Brandon Marshall was in Seattle on Saturday for a visit. This one will take some time to develop, but it does make sense given that Jedd Fisch -- with whom Marshall has a relationship -- is the O-coordinator in the Emerald City. However, one possible issue here: if the Seahawks do tender an offer sheet to Marshall and the Broncos don't match, Seattle would send the sixth overall pick in the draft to Denver. Is he really worth it for a re-building franchise? See below for one opinion.

So who makes a little more sense? As Schefter tweeted on Sunday, the Bengals are having internal discussions on the matter. Cincy had been one of the teams we'd linked to Marshall for quite some time, but as is widely known, the team despises giving up first-rounders in trade (the team has picked in the first round every year since 1989). Bengals beat writer Joe Reedy tweeted on Sunday that "the rumors on Marshall to the Bengals are mostly a smoke screen" to drive up the price tag. But given the current first-round price tag, the Jets have also re-emerged as a possibility in the buzz we heard last week. There's still a need for a legit No. 1 WR, and Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is not opposed to pulling off big deals using the No. 29 overall pick. No matter what, it seems like this one might come down to the last few days prior to the draft before anything happens.

Here's Schefter on the possibility of a trade for a lesser pick, and NFC West blogger Mike Sando with a vote against Seattle making the move, even for their second first-rounder:

Adam Schefter
Not gonna happen

"Some have suggested that Denver and Seattle could enter into negotiations regarding different compensation than the sixth overall pick, but the Broncos believe they tendered Marshall at the first-round pick level for a reason: they expect to get it in return, and they are prepared to bring back Marshall for next season if they don't."

Mike Sando
Marshall not a match for rest of the team

"I think the price would be too high in the absence of other bidders and given the risks associated with Marshall. Seattle should also consider the potential value of a high first-round choice in what appears to be a strong draft."

Tned
03-08-2010, 08:05 PM
What forum is this T?

Hey, I'm T, he's tinkler or something like that!