PDA

View Full Version : Random, miscellaneous funny shit

dogfish
03-08-2010, 12:11 AM
sometimes i'll read the comments left on articles (especially on PFT) because you frequently find some pretty funny shit in there. . . figured i'd start a thread for posting shit that you see somewhere else that's amusing or otherwise worth re-posting. . .

atlantafalCANS says:
March 7, 2010 8:43 PM
Well, unless Chris Houston starts training with an owl to learn to turn his head around, he will never be great.

KCL
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
dog...you really think this is going to be ok posted outside of the lounge???

Does that qualify for some funny shit??? ;)

GEM
03-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Shit isn't a filtered word. Also,we are a bit more lenient in the Smack Forum. :D

PFT responses can be downright hilarious. I like reading the comments better than the articles.

KCL
03-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Shit isn't a filtered word. Also,we are a bit more lenient in the Smack Forum. :D

PFT responses can be downright hilarious. I like reading the comments better than the articles.

I understand that but I believe this was posted in chit chat first...wasn't it?

Zweems56
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Was reading forums about Bad Company 2 while I was waiting for the servers to come back up, and someone made a thread complaining in a long, drawn out post about how overpowered the m203s were for the assault class. Complained about how only the assault class got them, and they were overused, and the medic and the engineer and recon didn't have anything similar. The first response was "Did you ever think that the Assault class specializes in killing people?" I about spit my beer all over the keyboard.

GEM
03-08-2010, 02:56 PM
I understand that but I believe this was posted in chit chat first...wasn't it?

Unless Dog posted and then deleted and reposted here, I don't think so. None of the mods moved it.

dogfish
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Unless Dog posted and then deleted and reposted here, I don't think so. None of the mods moved it.

take it easy on her GEM, she must be a little slow today. . . . :D

Zweems56
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Just took my vitamins with a beer. Win.

dogfish
03-16-2010, 01:21 AM
this shit is almost too easy, but still kinda amusing. . . responses to a PFT article about FA OL ritchie incognito visiting the bengals:

StickyGreen says:
March 15, 2010 8:37 PM
"Incognito visits Bengals"

How do you know?

Laxer37 says:
March 15, 2010 8:44 PM
If I was visiting the Bengals I'd go "Incognito" too.

Poo Flinging Monkey says:
March 15, 2010 8:49 PM
It's almost comical now.

David LeFebvre says:
March 15, 2010 8:53 PM
Is he still Incognito if his movements are announced online?

Howboutdemcowboys says:
March 15, 2010 8:55 PM
Was he wearing a trench coat, fedora, and sunglasses.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Acrimonious1 says:
March 15, 2010 8:57 PM
They better re-sign Bobby or I'll go on an "incognito" visit to Mr. Brown.

dogfish
03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
shoe says:
March 22, 2010 2:11 pm

pitt needs to draft tebow as a mentor for big ben.

lmao

dogfish
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
more comments from a tebow article:

I'm sure God really appreciates all the prayers he gets from players on each team every Sunday asking him to help them rip the heads off of opposing players.

Still, a smart team can make this work for them. Take the US Government. They found a creative solution to budget shortfalls requring them to consider suspending Saturday service.

Just get the Jehovah's Witnesses to deliver the mail for free.

It's a win win - they're out and about anyway and would welcome a situation where people don't run the other way when they approach.

:lol:

God doesn't watch football.
If he did, cheerleaders would be totally naked.
I've prayed for it many times and I know I'm not the only one.

T.K.O.
04-05-2010, 04:31 PM
this was in response to one of the 1000 mcnabb articles.......on pft
philwauke says:
April 5, 2010 4:48 PM
In other news Jamarcus Russell pooped in his hand.

dogfish
04-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Tomlinson's words damage legacy in San Diego
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 9, 2010 10:18 AM ET

LaDainian Tomlinson is done talking about the Chargers, but the damage is done.

In a eye-opening take-down in Friday's San Diego Union-Tribune, venerable columnist Nick Canepa wonders why Tomlinson took a "selfish, vitriolic, ungrateful road out of town."

The words are jarring because Complainian owned San Diego for so long. Few cities have embraced a player more completely, but the team may not have felt the same by the end. Canepa points out that not a single player showed up for Tomlinson's goodbye press conference.

Even Tomlinson's agents and advisers reportedly aren't pleased with how he's publicly handled the departure. His ex-offensive linemen are reportedly "livid" but have taken a vow of silence. Classy.

complainian. . . . :rofl:

Ravage!!!
04-09-2010, 01:56 PM
wow.... thats interesting

BigBroncLove
04-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Here area few things I saw recently...

Headline by the Examiner...

Steelers trade Santonio Holmes for a bag of dirt

Comment on the recent release of the police report regarding Ben Roethlisbergers rape allegations at PFT...

Maybe the girl chose not to proceed with the complaint because she was afraid it would open her up to bestiality charges.

Comment on Kyle Boller landing in Oakland at PFT...

What is that play where the QB throws from one knee through the uprights? The Raiders can run it now. Nice!

If you don't know what that means...

i loved how billeck was so amazed at his skill of throwing ball through goal posts on his knees[wow that was some power], but i didnt see it as a precurser to how his career was gonna go, he couldnt stop tripping over his own feet out of the snap, so i guess, yes, it was importannt for him to learn to throw from his knees

And finally...

just remember kyle boller is not good at football
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9n4DlmibDQ

dogfish
04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Tim Tebow- the most talked about white bronco since O.J. Simpson.

:lol::lol:

dogfish
06-16-2010, 12:31 AM
They should take Albert Haynesworth and plug him into the hole spewing oil down in the Gulf

dogfish
06-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Vick's entire account to the police was called into question when he, you know, opened his mouth.

Dogs? I didn't ke-e-e-l no stinking dogs!

Shooting? What shooting? Ah, I was long gone when that happened. If it happened. I don't know, because, ah, I wasn't there. Because I left right after the shooting started. What? Did I say that? No, I meant I left long before the shooting happened. Because I didn't want to be there when the shooting happened. Uh? No, sorry, that implied I knew there was going to be a shooting. Ha, ha, ha. Oh my, silly me. No, no, no, I meant I was gone. Period. As in wasted. Crap. No. Not that kind of wasted, like on drugs wasted. Ha, ha, there I go again. Bad Mike, bad mike, I will put you down like a dog Mike. What? INSIDE VOICE! Use your inside voice! Okay, let's get back on track here. What did I tell you? Uh, huh Oh yeah, right. I left. Before the shooting. Thirty minutes. Unless there is evidence to suggest otherwise, in which case this whole conversation didn't happen.

"We wasn't in town when that shit happened."

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKCQNx0mgBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKCQNx0mgBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

claymore
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Shannon Sharpe returns to CBS
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2010 3:17 PM ET
With Shannon Sharpe stepping aside until the legal case against him had been resolved and with the legal case against him resolved on Wednesday, Sharpe is now stepping back in.

"I had every expectation that based on truth alone these claims would never reach a court," Sharpe said in a statement released by CBS, per SportsByBrooks.com. "This issue was dismissed in its totality and no monies and no communications were exchanged. Now I look forward to getting to work."

Added CBS spokesperson LeslieAnn Wade, "We are pleased that Shannon will be in his usual position with The NFL Today on Sunday."

The protective order entered against Sharpe on an "ex parte" (i.e., he had no say in the matter) basis was withdrawn on Wednesday, and the case itself was dismissed. No further action against Sharpe is pending.

Kevin from Philly says:
September 16, 2010 3:23 PM
Well, I guess he can finally lose the long face.

:pound: