PDA

View Full Version : Orton replay on NFL network

broncobryce
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Back when he was with the Bears, Oct 2008. He was running the no huddle quite nicely. Makes me wish we would run the no huddle more often. And let me quote the announcer Tim Ryan after an Orton throw "He's got a cannon, just a laser of an arm." Still not sure why he is called noodle arm. But check it out if you get NFL network.

T.K.O.
03-07-2010, 01:44 PM
i remember watching those highlights when he 1st came to denver.he was also known for having a very srong arm in h.s. and college.
i think injuries and lack of starting time have given alot of people the wrong impression of him.
he's no elway but a very capable qb when given the right opportunity.
i also think we will see a big year out of him in 2010.
we beef up the lines and get everyone on the same page in the system and he should do well.:salute:

Lonestar
03-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Josh seems to think he will be much better this coming year with film room, coaching time and weight room time something he did not have time for last year.
The only ones ragging on him about his "weak" arm are those that thought a rocket armed QB would be a franchise QB and still have the butts hurt because he could not man up and stop acting like an eleven year old girl.

topscribe
03-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Josh seems to think he will be much better this coming year with film room, coaching time and weight room time something he did not have time for last year.
The only ones ragging on him about his "weak" arm are those that thought a rocket armed QB would be a franchise QB and still have the butts hurt because he could not man up and stop acting like an eleven year old girl.

The ones attempting to attach the "noodle arm" image to Orton are those who
thunked it up all by their little ol' lonesome, rather than researching the issue.
What is ludicrous is that they refuse to relent in that assumption, despite the
exposure of their myth. :lol:

-----

turftoad
03-07-2010, 03:29 PM
He can watch as much film as he wants and lift as many weights as he wants but all for not.
Orton doesn't have the athletisizm that it takes. He's not a playmaker and scares no one.

Orton is not the long term answer. Period.

jrelway
03-07-2010, 03:39 PM
i want a qb that can buy some more time when the pocket collapses. orton has no pocket presence whatsoever. say what you will, the mug couldnt extend a play if his life depended on it.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2010, 03:47 PM
i want a qb that can buy some more time when the pocket collapses. orton has no pocket presence whatsoever. say what you will, the mug couldnt extend a play if his life depended on it.

If extending a play equals to throwing a ridiculous amount of interceptions, I'll take Kyle - thank you

jrelway
03-07-2010, 03:58 PM
If extending a play equals to throwing a ridiculous amount of interceptions, I'll take Kyle - thank you

extending the play with your legs doesnt mean you have to throw interceptions. thank you.

topscribe
03-07-2010, 04:04 PM
extending the play with your legs doesnt mean you have to throw interceptions. thank you.

I guess you've never had a high ankle sprain . . . :coffee:

-----

turftoad
03-07-2010, 04:07 PM

-----

High ankle sprain or not Top, Orton has never been able to extend the play with his legs. He just doesn't have the physical capibility to do so.

turftoad
03-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Carol. Are you talking about Cutler again? Stop it. ;) This is a thread about Orton. :D :D

jrelway
03-07-2010, 04:13 PM

-----

even before his high ankle sprain, orton couldnt buy time if his life depended on it. you should know, you claim to have studied him all through his career right?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Carol. Are you talking about Cutler again? Stop it. ;) This is a thread about Orton. :D :D

I never mentioned his name ;) however, in regards to Kyle not being able to extend a play, I would imagine it would make it much easier for him to do so if the OL was doing what they should be doing, thereby giving Kyle the time to be able to extend a play.

turftoad
03-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I never mentioned his name ;) however, in regards to Kyle not being able to extend a play, I would imagine it would make it much easier for him to do so if the OL was doing what they should be doing, thereby giving Kyle the time to be able to extend a play.

Oh, I agree but, a little god given ability to extend the play with your legs would be a good trait for a starting NFL QB. Just sayin.

Nomad
03-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh, I agree but, a little god given ability to extend the play with your legs would be a good trait for a starting NFL QB. Just sayin.

I agree with this as well because I've always questioned his mobility. Before I throw the towel in on Orton I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt by healing and hopefully McDaniels can shore up this line because I don't care who is at QB, if we have the same weak ass line like we did no one will succeed!!

topscribe
03-07-2010, 05:01 PM
even before his high ankle sprain, orton couldnt buy time if his life depended on it. you should know, you claim to have studied him all through his career right?

That's why I do know. I am able to discern between when he had the ankle
sprain and when he did not. I am not claiming he is the second coming of Fran
Tarkenton. But he is not as immobile as some people try to suggest. It's the
same thing as the "noodle arm" image. People just imagine he is that way, so
he is that way in their minds. I have seen him outrun linebackers around right
end and left end. I have seen him run to the right, run to the left, move up in
the pocket. He has plenty enough mobility when he is healthy.

Nonetheless, all this concern about mobility is just silly. Some of the QBs who
have had limited mobility include Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Johnny Unitas,
Bart Starr, and Craig Morton. Which of them has not been to the Super Bowl?

I believe the problem some people have with Orton is that he is neither John
Elway nor Jay Cutler. But he doesn't have to be. He is Kyle Orton. Let him
regain his health and come back into a system in which he is now familiar,
with teammates he now knows. And give him a chance, for pity's sake . . .

-----

turftoad
03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
That's why I do know. I am able to discern between when he had the ankle
sprain and when he did not. I am not claiming he is the second coming of Fran
Tarkenton. But he is not as immobile as some people try to suggest. It's the
same thing as the "noodle arm" image. People just imagine he is that way, so
he is that way in their minds. I have seen him outrun linebackers around right
end and left end. I have seen him run to the right, run to the left, move up in
the pocket. He has plenty enough mobility when he is healthy.

Nonetheless, all this concern about mobility is just silly. Some of the QBs who
have had limited mobility include Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Johnny Unitas,
Bart Starr, and Craig Morton. Which of them has not been to the Super Bowl?

I believe the problem some people have with Orton is that he is neither John
Elway nor Jay Cutler. But he doesn't have to be. He is Kyle Orton. Let him
regain his health and come back into a system in which he is now familiar,
with teammates he now knows. And give him a chance, for pity's sake . . .

-----

Nor is he Manning, Unitas, Brady or Bart Star. :tsk: Nor will he ever be. :tsk: Oh, and you are correct, he is Kyle Orton. He will never be either of those guys you just mentioned.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I am willing to give Kyle the benefit of the doubt, hopefully healthy, hopefully behind a much improved OL, with one year under his belt in a new system. I am sure another teams' fans are not giving up on their new QB, who had a terrible season last year. - i.e. worse than what Kyle had here.

Lonestar
03-07-2010, 07:59 PM
IF he does not have the pocket collapsing on him from the middle , where hamilton was fired from and now casey is gone he could move up when the DEs get past our tackles.

This OLINE was worthless in both eh short yards situations and pass protect.

There will be less indecision time this coming year because he will have the system more or less down and the players around him will (should) have it also.

An offseason of film and weight room will only improve on his ability to lead the squad.

Even If we were to bring in another QB he will not "get" the scheme either, so I'm willing to give JOSH and KO the year to find out for sure.

He not as bad as a few seem to think.

topscribe
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Nor is he Manning, Unitas, Brady or Bart Star. :tsk: Nor will he ever be. :tsk: Oh, and you are correct, he is Kyle Orton. He will never be either of those guys you just mentioned.

I'm not so loose as you about predicting the future. At this point, I have no idea
just how good Orton can become, and neither do you. All I know is what exists
right now: Orton is accurate, has an arm, is tough as nails, a leader (captain his
first year here), and is very smart. That adds up to upside. Just how much, we
don't know, as I said, but it's there.

I guess I'm a little different in that I believe in giving a person a chance . . . :coffee:

-----

T.K.O.
03-08-2010, 09:59 AM

but his record as a starter through as many games to start a career is right up there with all of them( or better).....so he cant be all bad !:salute: