PDA

View Full Version : Broncos 2010 schedule

Lonestar
03-07-2010, 01:09 AM
Broncos 2010 schedule
By JEFF LEGWOLD

With Sunday’s end of the regular season the Broncos 2010 schedule is set.

To go with their usual slate of games in the division they will play home games against Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Seattle and the Jets. On the road the scheduling formula has them at Jacksonville, at Tennessee, at Arizona, at San Francisco and at Baltimore.

That’s five playoff teams, including the Chargers from their own division, and the NFL’s rushing leader in the Titans’ Chris Johnson. And with Gary Kubiak having been given the nod to return next season as the Texans’ head coach there should be some interest in that game given Gary’s long history with the Broncos.

=================

I did not remember seeing this posted before but can't hurt to have it handy.

We could be sucking hind tit again this coming year.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/01/04/broncos-2010-schedule/?source=ARK_broncos

Northman
03-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Going off the way we played last year this is what we would end up
in 2010 which isnt progression. Lame

5-11

Chargers- L
Raiders- W
Chiefs- W
Chargers- L
Raiders- L
Chiefs- L
Houston- L
Colts- L
St. Louis- W
Seattle- W
Jets- L
Jax- W
Tenn- L
Arizona- L
San Fran- L
Balt- L

Shazam!
03-07-2010, 01:49 AM

5-11

C'mon man. Seriously.

Lonestar
03-07-2010, 01:50 AM

5-11

Chargers- L
Raiders- W
Chiefs- W
Chargers- L
Raiders- L
Chiefs- L
Houston- L
Colts- L
St. Louis- W
Seattle- W
Jets- L
Jax- W
Tenn- L
Arizona- L
San Fran- L
Balt- L

MAy not even beat the chefs and faiders.:laugh:

Ravage!!!
03-07-2010, 03:08 AM
I thought it looked like an EXTREMELY favorable schedule. Not hard at all. Who's really worried about Houston, St. Louis, Seattle Jacksonville, Tennessee, Arizona, and San Francisco? Seriously, if we can't beat these teams, we aren't good. AZ with no Warner?

Thats 7 games right there,... and we should at least split with KC and Oakland

Apollo
03-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Schedule is decent. A lot will depend on how our team looks after the Draft.

sneakers
03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
A heck of a lot easier than the last years...

Elevation inc
03-07-2010, 08:07 AM
from a paper standpoint this early out its are easiest schedule in the last 3 years.....i really do belive our draft will be good and say what you will but MCD knows how to get FA's.....the only thing i dont like right now is orton as our Qb but hey...anotehr year in the system could be just what he needs.....i certainly aint worried about marshall leaving...its not like champ wont lock him down when we play seattle...lol

Nomad
03-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Looking forward to that San Fran game hey INC!!:)

No schedule in the NFL is easy, so I don't know what to think about this one! All I know is if the BRONCOS have the same issues (weaknesses) as last year, then it'll be another long season!!

Northman
03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Looking forward to that San Fran game hey INC!!:)

No schedule in the NFL is easy, so I don't know what to think about this one! All I know is if the BRONCOS have the same issues (weaknesses) as last year, then it'll be another long season!!

Yep. McD caught a lot of teams off guard last year but they wont be as fooled this year. So yea, my 5-11 stands. A lot of those teams have far more chemistry with their players and systems than the 2010 Broncos will. But, i do expect playoffs this year so im keeping it positive. :lol:

Shazam!
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM
How can you predict 5-11 and expect playoffs?

broncobryce
03-07-2010, 04:05 PM
After looking at this schedule, I predict 0-16, and then we take an invite to play the HS champion team and get blown out. Then the broncos move the team to LA and become the LA raiders part 2.

OrangeHoof
03-07-2010, 09:11 PM
It doesn't get any easier than the NFC West. Plus, you have KC and Oakland in your own division that you should split with even in a bad year. There's five wins right there. Denver had trouble with the Jags in the past few years so I put that in the "iffy" column.

The only game I give Denver zero chance is against the Colts unless it is Week 17 and they have home field already locked up. We have to wait and see how the sched lines up, where is the bye week, who we catch coming off a Monday or Thursday, etc. And I sure hope we aren't playing a division opponent the first week back from London.

rationalfan
03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
predicting our record now - before free agency is over, the draft has been conducted and camp injuries have changed lineups - is just foolish.

Shazam!
03-07-2010, 10:38 PM
predicting our record now - before free agency is over, the draft has been conducted and camp injuries have changed lineups - is just foolish.

Ding ding ding! Winner!

Lonestar
03-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Its all in good fun, nothing more, nothing less.

Ravage!!!
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Its all in good fun, nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly. So what if it doesn't hold true. So what if its not accurate. Its not like the predictions are carved in stone and can't be changed later on.

Its just lookign at what we have, what we know, and what we see for right now :beer:

Lonestar
03-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Exactly. So what if it doesn't hold true. So what if its not accurate. Its not like the predictions are carved in stone and can't be changed later on.

Its just lookign at what we have, what we know, and what we see for right now :beer:

The ones we make in preseason or before TC or right after the draft do not mean squat Either.

If there was more going on, neither would these threads be.

JDL
03-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Schedule is decent. A lot will depend on how our team looks after the Draft.

I'm not sure the draft will change much... our rookies had VERY little impact last year (and that's the case most years), even Moreno's production could have been duplicated by an UFA vet RB.

What is MORE important is whether or not the team's rookies from last year take a step forward from last year or a step towards BUST status.

JDL
03-07-2010, 11:25 PM

Actually, most years just based on the organization you can generally figure out the elite and the worst before any of that.... free agency changes little anymore and good drafts take a couple seasons to really manifest. St. Louis is NOT going to be very good next year, no rookie can change that, they may surprise, but a surprise for them is maybe 5-6 wins. There are always a few anomalies ... but by and large we know the Pittsburgh's, New England's and Indianapolis' are going to be strong teams... maybe they falter for various reasons... injuries always strike during the season and you can't predict them now, in camp or during the season... so to even bring that up is FOOLISH.

I think pretty much every Broncos fan after trading Cutler figured we were between a 7-9 win team at best... they were NOT wrong. More has to do with the stability of the organization, strength of the organization and the overall direction of the organization. The rest is really just luck... you have just as much ability to predict the season now as 6 months now... basically hit and miss with generally a handful of pretty well-known commodities and most teams in the mediocre range ... 7-9 wins (14 teams last year were right there... just about half the league) It isn't an exact science... but let's not fool ourselves ... it isn't freaking rocket science either!

No matter what happens now or in the next 6 months, it would be surprising if Denver was better than the mediocre range and based on the bulk of the season last year (2-8 finish) people will still predict less (Again) no matter what happens between now and then. We sign Marshall same team that sucked the last 10 games last year ... we trade him... we are worse. There is nothing that can realistically happen to make most reasonable people believe Denver will step up into the elite category... that will have to happen through the development of 2nd year players which won't happen until the season happens.

So, have fun predict now, predict later, predict whenever... because it is foolish to have a hissy fit over ANY prediction.... nobody can see the future... it is simply for fun!

broncophan
03-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Actually, most years just based on the organization you can generally figure out the elite and the worst before any of that.... free agency changes little anymore and good drafts take a couple seasons to really manifest. St. Louis is NOT going to be very good next year, no rookie can change that, they may surprise, but a surprise for them is maybe 5-6 wins. There are always a few anomalies ... but by and large we know the Pittsburgh's, New England's and Indianapolis' are going to be strong teams... maybe they falter for various reasons... injuries always strike during the season and you can't predict them now, in camp or during the season... so to even bring that up is FOOLISH.

I think pretty much every Broncos fan after trading Cutler figured we were between a 7-9 win team at best... they were NOT wrong. More has to do with the stability of the organization, strength of the organization and the overall direction of the organization. The rest is really just luck... you have just as much ability to predict the season now as 6 months now... basically hit and miss with generally a handful of pretty well-known commodities and most teams in the mediocre range ... 7-9 wins (14 teams last year were right there... just about half the league) It isn't an exact science... but let's not fool ourselves ... it isn't freaking rocket science either!

No matter what happens now or in the next 6 months, it would be surprising if Denver was better than the mediocre range and based on the bulk of the season last year (2-8 finish) people will still predict less (Again) no matter what happens between now and then. We sign Marshall same team that sucked the last 10 games last year ... we trade him... we are worse. There is nothing that can realistically happen to make most reasonable people believe Denver will step up into the elite category... that will have to happen through the development of 2nd year players which won't happen until the season happens.

So, have fun predict now, predict later, predict whenever... because it is foolish to have a hissy fit over ANY prediction.... nobody can see the future... it is simply for fun!

Obviously you were not around here or you were living in a van down by the river if you "pretty much think every bronco fan predicted 7-9 wins last season".

After the brutal schedule the broncos had last season......ANY schedule should be easier......but that doesn't matter if the team doesn't improve in many areas....