PDA

View Full Version : Could you guys pray for my family?

Requiem / The Dagda
09-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Last night, a robber broke into my sister's van, stole two pursues (with everything they had) along with over 500 CD's that she had in the car. I don't know what to say to console her, (hopefully a Packers win will help) but just anything that you can do to maybe ease their pain right now would be awesome. It'd mean a lot.

bengaaaaals1688
09-09-2007, 12:37 PM
I can't give you prayers, but I can wish the best of luck. Sorry to hear about that man.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Last night, a robber broke into my sister's van, stole two pursues (with everything they had) along with over 500 CD's that she had in the car. I don't know what to say to console her, (hopefully a Packers win will help) but just anything that you can do to maybe ease their pain right now would be awesome. It'd mean a lot.

You have my prayers Dream. One thing to keep in mind is the fact that this was not done when your family was in the van, where physical harm to them could have happened. I believe all credit card companies have a 24/7 customer service dept., so if credit cards were involved, the companies need to be alerted immediately, if that has not already been done. Also, the driver's license bureau needs to be informed ASAP, to avoid identity theft, and of course, banks they do business with. And if the purses included social security numbers, that also needs to be reported immediately. Also, they need to contact the 3 credit bureaus:

Contacting the credit bureaus
By Bankrate.com • Bankrate.com

Credit bureaus
• Equifax
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
(800)-685-1111
Web site: www.equifax.com
• Experian
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
(888) 397-3742
Web site: www.experian.com
• TransUnion LLC
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022
(800) 888-4213
Web site: www.transunion.com

I just wanted to post everything I could think of, as so everything would be covered.

Slick
09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Your family will be in my thoughts Dream.

Stealing is the lowest of the low. :2thumbsdown: That's b.s.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Jaws
09-09-2007, 03:23 PM
That's horrible Dream.

I'll be praying for them.

:pray:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Looks like your guys prayer did the trick. Right after the Packers win, they were notified by the police that all stolen items reported have been found. Thanks all! :beer:

Slick
09-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Looks like your guys prayer did the trick. Right after the Packers win, they were notified by the police that all stolen items reported have been found. Thanks all! :beer:

Glad to hear that. Nice work by the police. Lock 'em up and throw away the key!!

Jaws
09-09-2007, 05:15 PM

Praise God.

It's been a good day :D

Calibroncogrl47
09-09-2007, 05:23 PM
That is terrible that they had to go through all of that

but I am so glad that it all turned out ok

Chica_Ang
09-10-2007, 11:48 PM
What great news!!!!

SR
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear that Chris.

Maybe next time they won't leave their purse in the car...

rcsodak
09-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Pray to God over stolen CD's? :confused:

My mother was just in the hospital for 3+ weeks with double pneumonia and a staph infection! THAT is what you pray to GOD for.....

Requiem / The Dagda
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM

It's still no justification for someone breaking into a vehicle.

SR
09-12-2007, 07:27 PM
It's still no justification for someone breaking into a vehicle.

Wasn't saying it was. Stealing is awful any way you look at it, but I'll bet your family won't leave their purses in the car over night again...

Requiem / The Dagda
09-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Wasn't saying it was. Stealing is awful any way you look at it, but I'll bet your family won't leave their purses in the car over night again...

Mistakes happen, and hopefully they learned from it.

KCL
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
That is a bummer! I always try to be careful,I even lock my car when

its sitting in the driveway....

I park my car is the garage overnight everynight and I leave my keys in

it...maybe thats not a good thing....:confused:

Day1BroncoFan
09-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Stop doing that!

KCL
09-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Stop doing that!

why???????????

Slick
09-12-2007, 08:58 PM

I know in merto Denver, half the time, burglars will break in to garages just to see if there are keys in the car or stashed under the seat. My Mom's cherokee got swiped that way.

Punks that steal really tick me off! :mad:

Medford Bronco
09-12-2007, 09:21 PM
sorry to hear this Dream. I pray it will all turn out okay, especially the credit issues. the CDs can be replaced but identity theft can really suck :tsk:

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
09-12-2007, 10:06 PM
u have my prayers

topscribe
09-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Glad to hear that, Dream.

-----

topscribe
09-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Pray to God over stolen CD's? :confused:

My mother was just in the hospital for 3+ weeks with double pneumonia and a staph infection! THAT is what you pray to GOD for.....

Sorry to hear that, RC. That must have put you through a very trying time.

I truly hope she is getting better.

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
09-13-2007, 12:21 AM
sorry to hear this Dream. I pray it will all turn out okay, especially the credit issues. the CDs can be replaced but identity theft can really suck :tsk:

The credit issues and identity theft were the number one issues with them right away. I mentioned the music as well, since that happened to be stolen. I guess this thread is for competition? I mean, I guess my family just wasn't worth asking blessings or prayers for. :rolleyes:

topscribe
09-13-2007, 12:48 AM
The credit issues and identity theft were the number one issues with them right away. I mentioned the music as well, since that happened to be stolen. I guess this thread is for competition? I mean, I guess my family just wasn't worth asking blessings or prayers for. :rolleyes:
Well, SR is right: I hope you counseled your sister to take her purse with her next time . . .

----

Tned
09-13-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm sure that even though they got them back, they cancelled all their cards, and changed account numbers if possible (checking accounts if the check book was in the purse).

Also, they should consider contacting the credit reporting bureaus (equifax, trans union and ????? drawing a blank on the third) and having them put a fraud alert on their credit file. What this means is that whenever they apply for new credit (credit card, loan, etc.) the credit bureau will notify the lender to contact you at the phone number/address on file. It is a bit of a hassle, but it ensures that if critical identity info was compromised, you can short circuit identity theft. I think you can have this fraud alert in effect for three months or until you cancel it.

Anyway, I might have some of those details wrong, but that's the gist of it.

SR
09-13-2007, 03:39 PM
(equifax, trans union and ?????)

????? = Experian

Tned
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
????? = Experian

You da man!! Can't believe I spaced on that.

SR
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
You da man!! Can't believe I spaced on that.

I used to work for the collections department at Discover Card. I know a thing or three about identity theft. ;)

topscribe
09-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I used to work for the collections department at Discover Card. I know a thing or three about identity theft. ;)
Actually, you guys *cough* http://broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11998&postcount=3

-----

Medford Bronco
09-13-2007, 06:37 PM

What is with the :rolleyes: I was just saying that the credit issues are harder to staighten out that is all. It is not like I was going to just pray for that.

but I seem to have been aggravating a lot here lately
:couch:

SR
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually, you guys *cough* http://broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11998&postcount=3

-----

I didn't read that post...too much effort...

rcsodak
09-13-2007, 10:56 PM
What is with the :rolleyes: I was just saying that the credit issues are harder to staighten out that is all. It is not like I was going to just pray for that.

but I seem to have been aggravating a lot here lately
:couch:

He wasn't directing his post towards you, Med.....

...you just have to know him like some of us older posters do.

I made mention of a more serious ordeal, imm, and evidently 'stole his thunder'.

Tned
09-13-2007, 11:19 PM

-----

LOL, if I had peeked on that front page, I would have known all the names. Good info, DN. Good minds think alike. Get to the bearus quick and put on a possible fraud alert.

OB
09-13-2007, 11:55 PM
your car is the worse place to keep anything valuable - teens here go "car hopping" early in the wee hours they go from car to car just to and jack stuff all night because people leave their cars unlocked with 100's - sometimes 1000's of $$$ worth of stuff but people dont realize how much the stuff in their cars are worth - the CD's and stereo alone

I had a stereo stolen out of my POS car just cause it was a decent stereo - nothing worth more than a couple hundred but still worth it to some 15 yr old

It pisses me off when people steal - if u want what I got get a friggin job and work for it like I had to

BroncoNut
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM

If your garage is secure, it is just as good as locking your car up.