PDA

View Full Version : minor dwan edwards update...

tsiguy96
03-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Adam_Schefter

Baltimore DE Dwan Edwards is wrapping up his visit with the Seahawks today and is then scheduled to go visit the Denver Broncos.

we HAVE to be the front runners to get him, when mcdaniels wants a guy in FA it seems he gets him, and he doesnt have to ridiculously overpay either. if you look at the contracts he gives out, it seems he gets good FAs (not bank breakers) by offering them a fair contract and giving them what tehy want, several years on the contract with good market value. i bet other teams attempt to get the same guys for 2 or 3 year contracts that we offer 4-5 with similar per year cash, which is why they come here.

hopefully rex hadnot is soon after.

SoCalImport
03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
:defense:Bring him in. Hopefully he'll be joining the party, and the party will be in the oppositions offensive backfield.

cuzz4169
03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Is he a rfa? I read some place he was and we have to give up a third rounded for him.

dogfish
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
not according to this. . .

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens veteran unrestricted free agent defensive lineman Dwan Edwards is visiting the Denver Broncos, a league source confirmed.

Edwards has already taken a visit to the Seattle Seahawks, but left without an agreement.

The Broncos signed former Ravens defensive lineman Justin Bannan on Friday and have installed him as their starting nose guard.

Edwards is well-suited to play defensive end in a 3-4 defense. He beat out Trevor Pryce for a starting job this season and is active, quick and stout against the run.

There is one potential obstacle toward Edwards getting a deal: his medical background.

Edwards had a spinal fusion procedure two years ago and sources have questioned whether his health is going to pass the scrutiny of a physical.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Dwan-Edwards-visiting-Broncos.html

rcsodak
03-06-2010, 10:53 PM
not according to this. . .

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens veteran unrestricted free agent defensive lineman Dwan Edwards is visiting the Denver Broncos, a league source confirmed.

Edwards has already taken a visit to the Seattle Seahawks, but left without an agreement.

The Broncos signed former Ravens defensive lineman Justin Bannan on Friday and have installed him as their starting nose guard.

Edwards is well-suited to play defensive end in a 3-4 defense. He beat out Trevor Pryce for a starting job this season and is active, quick and stout against the run.

There is one potential obstacle toward Edwards getting a deal: his medical background.

Edwards had a spinal fusion procedure two years ago and sources have questioned whether his health is going to pass the scrutiny of a physical.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Dwan-Edwards-visiting-Broncos.html

I had a spinal fusion done 20yrs ago. They don't just go bad. Depending on where it is, it might keep him less agile. And he most likely will get degeneration above/below. But this sounds like the crap they were saying about Vilma, and reasons to beware. Last I saw, he didn't look hurt in the SB.

Ziggy
03-06-2010, 11:33 PM
He was in Seattle yesterday, so I'm sure he has a contract on the table with them coming in. Hopefully McD can work his magic and get him to sign tomorrow.