PDA

View Full Version : Is There Any Luck Left in Bronco Land

SBboundBRONCOS
03-25-2008, 01:51 AM
well thats the question, it seems like forever ago that something honestly positive happened to this organization

all we hear are negative stories now

dwills death

nashs death

all the arrests and the trouble

i mean the list goes on and on it seems and now this, it seems really to BAD to be true, yet it is happening to us and quite frankly it making me depressed :tsk:

DISCLAIMER: i am not the least bit superstitious but this seems to be getting out of control

BroncoBJ
03-25-2008, 02:20 AM
The thing I noticed is it always has to do with Marshall.

Hes with Javon and Darrent when he dies.
Hes with Nash when Nash passed out.
He blocks his wife with the taxi thing or whatever.
He gets a DUI.
Now he punches a TV or whatever story he has.

I love Marshall and hes one of my favorites but its like hes bad luck.
I don't like to think that but he seems to be everywhere bad stuff happens.

I was actually scared that him, Scheff, and Jay were in Atlanta.

But then theres other stuff like the Kircus Deal.

But I know what you mean. Its been a tough 2 years to be a Broncos fan and with the losses to D-will and Nash that puts the game in perspective. Once we lost Darrent I really could care less about losing to San Fran. I think thats the quickest I ever got over a tough loss was when he died.

But Theres a lot more stuff as well. Thats just stuff that pops to my mind right now.

Its like were cursed.
It sucks.

broncosfanscott
03-25-2008, 02:24 AM
I don't get it either.

Whether it's stupid run-ins with the law or injury after injury things just aren't going our way. I hope that we get some good luck for a change and for a good stretch too.

SBboundBRONCOS
03-25-2008, 02:25 AM
The thing I noticed is it always has to do with Marshall.

Hes with Javon and Darrent when he dies.
Hes with Nash when Nash passed out.
He blocks his wife with the taxi thing or whatever.
He gets a DUI.
Now he punches a TV or whatever story he has.

I love Marshall and hes one of my favorites but its like hes bad luck.
I don't like to think that but he seems to be everywhere bad stuff happens.

I was actually scared that him, Scheff, and Jay were in Atlanta.

But then theres other stuff like the Kircus Deal.

But I know what you mean. Its been a tough 2 years to be a Broncos fan and with the losses to D-will and Nash that puts the game in perspective. Once we lost Darrent I really could care less about losing to San Fran. I think thats the quickest I ever got over a tough loss was when he died.

But Theres a lot more stuff as well. Thats just stuff that pops to my mind right now.

Its like were cursed.
It sucks.

yes but dont forget

our 3rd string QB gets arrested or pulled over or something

sauerbraun gets in deep **** with the po-po

travis henry and his slight incident

all the freaking injuries, i even think hall got in trouble (minor) but still trouble non the less

i just cant stand it anymore

BroncoBJ
03-25-2008, 02:40 AM
yes but dont forget

our 3rd string QB gets arrested or pulled over or something

sauerbraun gets in deep **** with the po-po

travis henry and his slight incident

all the freaking injuries, i even think hall got in trouble (minor) but still trouble non the less

i just cant stand it anymore

Yea so Marshall is only involved with half of it. But yea that is true. I remember making fun of the Bengals but now were the team that has players in trouble.
Yea Hall had that driving without a liscense one I think.

But I remember last year after Nash died I was scared to wake up because I was starting to fear our players dying. It seemed like 2 too many.

But this year we had injury galore plus people getting in trouble left and right.
Nothing seems to ever go our way. Making the playoffs would make things a lot better. :salute:

Hopefully a SB win in the near future as well. :beer:

powderaddict
03-25-2008, 10:17 AM
We got lucky Cutler fell to #11 :salute:

We're lucky Al Davis is still alive :salute:

It's not all doom and gloom!!

Drill-N-Fill
03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Luck doesn't mean anything if your good.

GEM
03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Does anyone remember in 05 when we had our last pretty great year? There were hardly any injuries, I remember talking to my dad and we both said no injuries this year, but we'll make up for it one of the upcoming years.....I should have just kept my mouth shut.

TimBuff10
03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
ISince we are talking about luck, I think it has to do with the banner at the top up there.

I love it but we need to replace Rod Smith with John Lynch (or maybe Marshall if he can stay out of the papers for a half year or so), make the Elway photo black and white and move it back and to the left where Bailey currently is and then put a color photo of Bailey where Elway currently is. Where Elam currently is, should be replaced with a TD photo in black and white...

Just sayin'

GEM
03-25-2008, 11:20 AM
ISince we are talking about luck, I think it has to do with the banner at the top up there.

I love it but we need to replace Rod Smith with John Lynch (or maybe Marshall if he can stay out of the papers for a half year or so), make the Elway photo black and white and move it back and to the left where Bailey currently is and then put a color photo of Bailey where Elway currently is. Where Elam currently is, should be replaced with a TD photo in black and white...

Just sayin'

There's a few threads in the feedback section of the boards for this. Good ideas. ;)

Lonestar
03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Luck doesn't mean anything if your good.

So far this is the most poignant post in here.

yardog
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
I think our run of bad luck started with TD's knee.

TimBuff10
03-25-2008, 04:16 PM
I think our run of bad luck started with TD's knee.

The only real argument one can come up against that statement is Champ's pick of Brady in the playoff game to put us in the AFC champ game.

yardog
03-25-2008, 04:19 PM
True but with TD we win that game plus one more that year.

scott.475
03-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Remember the following to cheer you up:

We are not the Bengals

We are not the Raiders

We are not the Chiefs

We are not the Titans

Tned
03-25-2008, 07:33 PM
I think we used up all of our luck on "The Fumble", it's been an uphill struggle since then

broncosfanscott
03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
We got lucky Cutler fell to #11 :salute:

We're lucky Al Davis is still alive :salute:

It's not all doom and gloom!!

Seeing Al Davis' team repeatedly finish in last place does put a smile to my face. :D