PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall to miss the next three months

Buff
03-22-2008, 08:50 PM
MARSHALL CUTS ARM IN TV MISHAP
Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2008, 9:40 p.m.
Receiver Brandon Marshall is, by all appearances, poised to become an elite NFL receiver.

To make it happen in 2008, however, he’ll have to overcome a non-football injury that he recently suffered.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Marshall slipped and fell at his home and stuck his arm through a television set. Marshall was treated and released at a local hospital, where he received stitches in his arm.

Maybe the given explanation is the truth, but it’s hard not to be skeptical. In the past, multiple pro athletes have gotten themselves hurt at home — and then they’ve offered up flimsy excuses as to what really happened.

We’ve got a feeling that there’s more to this particular story. Maybe we’ll find out more, possibly with the aid of Coach Kevlar’s polygraph machine.

Doesn't appear to be a big deal... But this guy needs to be on the straight and narrow as he's poised to earn a huge contract and already has the domestic violence strike against him.

claymore
03-22-2008, 08:52 PM
The Jackass punched his plasma. Thank God it wasnt a CRT.

underrated29
03-22-2008, 08:53 PM
yeah hes got a temper, he needs to keep it off unless hes on the field.

I would be surprised if he got pissed and put his arm through the tv, either way it isnt a big deal and i could care less. I just hope we dont have any more problems with the law than what we have, and that we dont have any problems with him, like we have had with ash and javon.

Drill-N-Fill
03-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Was it a LCD?

NorthernLights
03-22-2008, 09:04 PM
I hope he is okay. He is a great WR and is poised for a break out year. Between he and Cutler, they will give me fits for many years to come.

Simple Jaded
03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure I'm buying the excuse either, I could be wrong, but I'm convinced this kid has the Idiot Gene, and I wouldn't be surprised if he punched the TV screen or something like that.

I'm sure Darius Watts' hand problem didn't appear out of nowhere, Marshall better hope he didn't do some permanent damage.

Look on the bright side......usually something like this happens to the Broncos AFTER they give him a huge new contract......

TXBRONC
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I hope he is okay. He is a great WR and is poised for a break out year. Between he and Cutler, they will give me fits for many years to come.

NL if having 103 receptions 1325 yards receiving and 7 touchdown isn't a breakout year I don't what is.

NorthernLights
03-22-2008, 09:27 PM
NL if having 103 receptions 1325 yards receiving and 7 touchdown isn't a breakout year I don't what is.

I honestly didn't realize those were his numbers from last year and would agree they are impressive. I wasn't trying to slight the young man, my bad.

DenBronx
03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
he probablly saw the rerun on nfl network of rivers jawing at cutler and punched his screen. :cool:

NameUsedBefore
03-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey, when you're rich you don't really have to look where you're falling anymore. Grandma's China chest? **** it, crash through that shit like it's an Olympic sport.

underrated29
03-22-2008, 10:11 PM
just for the record d watts was in a car crash.

sneakers
03-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Was it a LCD?

Liquid Chrystal Display, right?

TimBuff10
03-22-2008, 11:02 PM
All the reason why WR is about as big of a need that Tackle (on either side of the ball) is.

We are one hit away from having no solid receivers on this team.

Superchop 7
03-22-2008, 11:15 PM
I think it was domestic violence "and" a dui.

Now this.

What a moron.

TXBRONC
03-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I honestly didn't realize those were his numbers from last year and would agree they are impressive. I wasn't trying to slight the young man, my bad.

That's ok you don't follow the Broncos so I wouldn't expect you to know this.

DenBronx
03-22-2008, 11:34 PM
marshall is an athlete. a brainiac he is not. the dude didnt graduate from harvard people. you can even tell in his interviews he struggles to put sentances together. but all im concerned with is can he top last seasons results and stay out of serious trouble.

when he gets smart he will be asking for a walker like contract.

Escobar
03-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Release him......:rolleyes:

stuff happens.

fcspikeit
03-23-2008, 12:09 AM
All the reason why WR is about as big of a need that Tackle (on either side of the ball) is.

We are one hit away from having no solid receivers on this team.

Or punch :D

fcspikeit
03-23-2008, 12:15 AM
We need a cage!

I have thrown shit at my TV and it never broke the glass... He fell through the TV? Yeah right :rolleyes: Maybe he was trying out for Jackass #3?...

Scarface
03-23-2008, 12:16 AM
Yawn

claymore
03-23-2008, 12:25 AM
At least he didn't punch Cutler. I really think it was Sharpe that dotted Griese's eye.

Scarface
03-23-2008, 12:26 AM
At least he didn't punch Cutler. I really think it was Sharpe that dotted Griese's eye.

I thought it was Pryce.

claymore
03-23-2008, 12:27 AM
I thought it was Pryce.Was it? I dont know, I just always assumed. I would love to hear the story if you know it.

Scarface
03-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Was it? I dont know, I just always assumed. I would love to hear the story if you know it.

I just remember the rumor was Pryce punched him in TD's driveway. Either one, it was hilarious and much deserved. :beer:

claymore
03-23-2008, 12:30 AM
I just remember the rumor was Pryce punched him in TD's driveway. Either one, it was hilarious and much deserved. :beer:We damn sure know it wasnt Anna Bell or whatever the dogs name was. :D

aberdien
03-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Hahahaha. I honest think that's one of the funniest things i've read in a long while.

I just don't see how you slip and stick your arm through a tv hahaha

Simple Jaded
03-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Hahahaha. I honest think that's one of the funniest things i've read in a long while.

I just don't see how you slip and stick your arm through a tv hahaha

Maybe he tripped on Griese's dog......

Retired_Member_001
03-23-2008, 09:17 AM
"Stop calling me Baby TO"

SMASH!

jrelway
03-23-2008, 09:29 AM
he broke one of his own belongings, whats the big deal. this thread scared me for a sec.

Retired_Member_001
03-23-2008, 09:33 AM
he broke one of his own belongings, whats the big deal. this thread scared me for a sec.

He punched a TV.

Not very wise if you ask me.

MOtorboat
03-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I think the real question here is, "Did the TV deserve it?"

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 10:45 AM
I think the real question here is, "Did the TV deserve it?"

The real question is...did the Easter Bunny get you a lady friend for the holiday? ya knw...one that jumps out of a giant egg?

MOtorboat
03-23-2008, 10:47 AM
The real question is...did the Easter Bunny get you a lady friend for the holiday? ya knw...one that jumps out of a giant egg?

Unfortunately, no...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 10:52 AM
That's OK...Maybe when you loose a tooth...

claymore
03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
MORE ON THE MARSHALL MISHAP
Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2008, 12:13 p.m.

When it comes to McDonald’s, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall is a guy who currently isn’t “lovin’ it.”

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Marshall’s bizarre (and, in our view, implausible) arm injury occurred when he slipped on a McDonald’s bag, stuck out his hand to brace his fall, and busted it through a television entertainment center.

Marshall’s arm will be in a cast for two weeks, and he doesn’t know how many stitches are under it.

“I want to thank everybody for their concerns and let everyone know that I’m okay,” Marshall told Schefter via a Sunday-morning text message. “Its funny because I pride myself on yac [yards after catch] and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands.

“So for the next couple of days I’m going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that mcdonalds bag to take me down and send me through the entertainment center.”

We don’t buy it. Not for a nanosecond. Marshall is a pro athlete. He’s got good reflexes. But we’re to assume he’s sufficiently klutzy to slip and fall on a paper bag, and sufficiently stoopid to try to brace his fall by thrust his arm toward a television entertainment center?

Besides, we still can’t figure out the logistics of the incident. Where in the hell was he walking when he slipped? On the mantle?

We’re not going to guess at what really was happening, or what he beverage might have washed down those burgers with. But we think there’s more to the story here, and the truth might or might not come out in the future.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I believe him.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
As long as he can still catch...who give a F?

We all do stupid shit. He's human..YAY!

Offseason sux.

claymore
03-23-2008, 11:45 AM
As long as he can still catch...who give a F?

We all do stupid shit. He's human..YAY!

Offseason sux.
Hell yeah, you know how many times my kids have left "artwork"laying on the tile and I almost killed myself? Totally plausible.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Hell yeah, you know how many times my kids have left "artwork"laying on the tile and I almost killed myself? Totally plausible.

I'm not saying I buy it or don't. I simply couldn't give 2 shits less.

claymore
03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not saying I buy it or don't. I simply couldn't give 2 shits less.I do. I dont want another turd on the roster. And I hope it was an innocent accident. And not a domestic fight with Hoe A or Hoe B.

DenverBronkHoes
03-23-2008, 12:12 PM
actually i recieved some very claasified intelligence from my fellows hippy brothers out there in Colorado........

he actually was hangin out with some buddies doing some bonghits and 1 of his numb nutts friends dropped his brand new pyrex 3 footer and in a daring attempt to "save the bong" he ended up with a shattered water pipe and his arm thru a TV........

claymore
03-23-2008, 12:18 PM
actually i recieved some very claasified intelligence from my fellows hippy brothers out there in Colorado........

he actually was hangin out with some buddies doing some bonghits and 1 of his numb nutts friends dropped his brand new pyrex 3 footer and in a daring attempt to "save the bong" he ended up with a shattered water pipe and his arm thru a TV........
Lets hope thats not what happened! If he is busted for something, I prefer it to be steroids, or Crack. I say Crack, because it motivates him to do better this year, earn more money, to buy more crack. :D

shank
03-23-2008, 12:21 PM

you're tarded.

i believe it... i almost broke my hand yesterday running to the microwave to get a personal-pizza! we all do do stupid shit, even pro athletes.

god i hate PFT.

TimBuff10
03-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Well hopefully he didnt lose a bunch of money on one of the NCAA games and get pissed to the point he punched the TV... Slipping on a Micky Ds bag, yeah that's what happened.

Hoshdude7
03-23-2008, 01:57 PM
If they never find out the truth, then who cares?

TimBuff10
03-23-2008, 02:13 PM
If they never find out the truth, then who cares?

IF a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt when he jumped.

BroncoAV06
03-23-2008, 02:18 PM
They are just trying to dig up something that does not seem to be there. They want to be the one that breaks the big news "WR gets in fight etc.." Things happen, he will heal up and get a new TV, possible with padding!

broncosfanscott
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Slipping on a bag and upon trying to brace his fall his hand went through the TV. Come on, you have to be really gullible to believe that. Sounds like his temper got the best of him and if that is true or whatever the reason is, I hope that is the last. Marshall is our #1 WR and needs to be carefull not to jeopardize himself or the team.

I am not going to read too much into this, so as long as he is healed up by camp then I am good. I just hope the media lets this go and moves on. Somehow I doubt they will.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 08:42 PM
I just hope he doesn't have any nerve damage. Again I couldn't care less as to why he did it. He had better be able to still catch though.

TimBuff10
03-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Definetly some flags going up with this news though. Combine this with his police run in last year and a pattern is forming.

It is very easy to break the "pattern" but if it continues you can't say you didn't see it coming.

Hopefully in the future, he is mature enough to keep his name out of the papers for stuff like this.

Retired_Member_001
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Definetly some flags going up with this news though. Combine this with his police run in last year and a pattern is forming.

It is very easy to break the "pattern" but if it continues you can't say you didn't see it coming.

Hopefully in the future, he is mature enough to keep his name out of the papers for stuff like this.

Players need to be mature enough to keep out of trouble in the off-season. If they aren't they need to go, not matter how good they are, or they should be taught a lesson by a more experienced player or coach.

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 05:24 PM

Yes! A pattern!

Lets keep bringing up crap that happened allegedly last year and he was never found guilty for, and compare it to punching a TV!

Do you even realize how crazy it looks when you read that? It makes no sense at all! God forbid someone punches his TV! Lets hope he doesnt start stomping out bugs too. What a bad person!

He was found to be innocent AND he punches his TV! Lets release his dumb ass! :tsk:

honz
03-24-2008, 05:47 PM
I think that some of you are looking way too far into this...

Superchop 7
03-24-2008, 06:27 PM
He injured himself wrestling around, NOT on a bag.

There appears to be some nerve damage as well.

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM

Your source?

nevcraw
03-24-2008, 06:36 PM

not sure about the wrestling part but they just reported on th NFL channel that he will be sidelined for up to 3 months and he severed an artery and nerves.
let's hope there's no permament dammage.. This is Just great!!!!

mopatt24
03-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Brandon Marshall-WR-Broncos Mar. 24 - 7:13 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall will miss the next three months after undergoing right arm surgery over the weekend.

As it turns out, the injury was far more severe than Marshall let on. He severed a vein, nerve, artery, and five muscle tendons. Marshall not only needed stitches, but surgery to suture the wounds. He'll be in a cast for the next two weeks and a splint four weeks after that. Marshall reportedly didn't get hurt falling on a McDonalds bag. He was wrestling with family members

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

NameUsedBefore
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh God do we face the Patriots during those 3-months?!

underrated29
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
not sure about the wrestling part but they just reported on th NFL channel that he will be sidelined for up to 3 months and he severed an artery and nerves.
let's hope there's no permament dammage.. This is Just great!!!!

yeah i just saw that too. I dont know what all this wrestling talk is from, but to me it actually seems more like an accident than reality. I doubt anyone would punch a tv hard enough to sever an artery, a vein, some tendens and ligaments.

If you were pissed and punched your tv, you would probably only hit it hard enough to put your fist and maybe high wrist through.

Day1BroncoFan
03-24-2008, 06:43 PM
What a boogger head. Messing up his arm and all that. Shame on him for wrestling with family members.

Stuff happens.

nevcraw
03-24-2008, 06:46 PM

Good use of Sarcasm!!!!:welcome:
Don't see the Pats on the sched. over the next 3 months but there is the offseason workout program, mini camps etc. and the prospect of long term damage.. but hopefully it's no big deal the kid ends the cycle of stupid bull shit that seems to find him often..

fcspikeit
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
We haven't even hit camp yet and guys are getting hurt... This is a great way to start the year. Mikey will probably go WR at 12 now :mad:

NameUsedBefore
03-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Good use of Sarcasm!!!!:welcome:
Don't see the Pats on the sched. over the next 3 months but there is the offseason workout program, mini camps etc. and the prospect of long term damage.. but hopefully it's no big deal the kid ends the cycle of stupid bull shit that seems to find him often..

Just trying to nip the chaos in the bud ;)

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 06:57 PM

only during the daft

honz
03-24-2008, 07:01 PM

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall will miss the next three months after undergoing right arm surgery over the weekend.

As it turns out, the injury was far more severe than Marshall let on. He severed a vein, nerve, artery, and five muscle tendons. Marshall not only needed stitches, but surgery to suture the wounds. He'll be in a cast for the next two weeks and a splint four weeks after that. Marshall reportedly didn't get hurt falling on a McDonalds bag. He was wrestling with family members

ugh...I hope there is no long term damage.

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 07:04 PM
lets hope that the nerve damage is not career ending..

Had a son while saving a friends life sliced the web on his drawing hand between the thumb and forefinger ending his art career. He was breaking a window pane in a garage door to unlock it to drag his friend out of car she was running inside she had been on a suicide watch and some one let her out of their sight..

After 15 hours of micro surgery trying the put the nerves back together it did not work has NO feeling in those two fingers..

honz
03-24-2008, 07:12 PM
lets hope that the nerve damage is not career ending..

Had a son while saving a friends life sliced the web on his drawing hand between the thumb and forefinger ending his art career. He was breaking a window pane in a garage door to unlock it to drag his friend out of car she was running inside she had been on a suicide watch and some one let her out of their sight..

After 15 hours of micro surgery trying the put the nerves back together it did not work has NO feeling in those two fingers..
Well, he already underwent surgery, so hopefully all went well.

Drill-N-Fill
03-24-2008, 07:50 PM
It all depends on how fast treatment was received. It seems everything is going well with Marshall giving excuses and not saying anything about his severity.

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, he already underwent surgery, so hopefully all went well.

I know but my sons did not know for sure for a while. They were hopeful that it would regenerate and could take up to several months to do but it never happened..

broncosfanscott
03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Wrestling with family.........the truth comes out. It sucks he hurt his hand, however it is good to know that he didn't lose his temper or something really stupid. Freak accidents happen all the time, just never heard of a hand through the TV while wrestling. Like I said before, he need to be carefull and use his head.

ydave77
03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Grrrrr...
I couldnt be more annoyed. Beyond an injury to Cutler...this is our biggest offensive star/playmaker. Honestly I am not sure what the deal with Marshall is...on the one hand I want to give him the benefit of doubt...but on the other enough is enough. He hasnt had any one horrendously bad episode...even the gf thing wasnt horrible. But when taking all his mental lapses together...I am very frustrated with him. I really hope we focus on drafting smart motivated focused individuals. Ones who dont make headlines off the field.

I really hope this nerve damage isnt serious...turning Mars into Watts would kill the thin talent we have at WR.

Hoshdude7
03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Wrestling with family.........the truth comes out. It sucks he hurt his hand, however it is good to know that he didn't lose his temper or something really stupid. Freak accidents happen all the time, just never heard of a hand through the TV while wrestling. Like I said before, he need to be carefull and use his head.

Bad idea mate, if you hit your head against a TV you might get a concussion.:crutch:

LoyalSoldier
03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Wake me up if he actually does something worth noting. He hit his hand on the TV (Intentionally or not) so what?! If he didn't rip an ACL doing it then I don't care.

I don't think there is a single person here who can tell me they didn't get mad and did something stupid.

Hoshdude7
03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Are Scheff, Cutler, and Marshall done working out in Atlanta?

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Are Scheff, Cutler, and Marshall done working out in Atlanta?

marshall is..

ydave77
03-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Wake me up if he actually does something worth noting. He hit his hand on the TV (Intentionally or not) so what?! If he didn't rip an ACL doing it then I don't care.

I don't think there is a single person here who can tell me they didn't get mad and did something stupid.

Watts' ACL's were just fine...

Hoshdude7
03-24-2008, 08:29 PM
How come when I do something stupid and hurt myself, I don't make headlines!!!??

honz
03-24-2008, 08:31 PM
How come when I do something stupid and hurt myself, I don't make headlines!!!??
Because you are worthless and no one cares about you...:D

broncosfanscott
03-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Bad idea mate, if you hit your head against a TV you might get a concussion.:crutch:

Well, duh. I didn't mean it in that way. I meant he needs to think before doing things.

Hoshdude7
03-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, duh. I didn't mean it in that way. I meant he needs to think before doing things.

Sarcasm my friend.

Hoshdude7
03-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Food for thought:

Marshall's court hearing (DUI) Monday morning was postponed for 3 months because of the latest injury.

Now you don't think he did this on purpose do you...Nahhh.

BOSSHOGG30
03-24-2008, 09:10 PM
My fiancé is a physical therapist and she said she would be amazed if Brandon Marshall can come back and play football in 3 months. She said that tendons take a long time to heal and that Marshall is really screwed right now.

Drill-N-Fill
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
My fiancé is a physical therapist and she said she would be amazed if Brandon Marshall can come back and play football in 3 months. She said that tendons take a long time to heal and that Marshall is really screwed right now.

She would be right. But it also depends on the degree of the tear. Any time you have artery and nerve its not pretty. It also depends on which artery/nerves got damaged. And of course, we don't know which hand it is.

tubby
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/jribbens02/dumbass.jpg

bmarsh15
03-24-2008, 09:30 PM
This sucks, get better Brandon

As it turns out, the injury was far more severe than Marshall let on. He severed a vein, nerve, artery, and five muscle tendons. Marshall not only needed stitches, but surgery to suture the wounds. He'll be in a cast for the next two weeks and a splint four weeks after that. Marshall reportedly didn't get hurt falling on a McDonalds bag. He was wrestling with family members.

Source: Rotoworld

Discuss

BOSSHOGG30
03-24-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11907&page=6

scott.475
03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
If he had punched a TV, his hand and fingers would be shredded. I can see this happening from wrestling, getting swung or tossed and smacking the TV with the broadside of your forearm or something.

Frustrating, I understand, but if the story is legit, it is simply a little youthful exuberance resulting in injury that probably couldn't have been predicted, could happen to anybody easily enough. Heck, I have hurt my kids plenty of times, never with malice or intent, when we were just playing around. Doesn't make me a child abuser, doesn't make them clumsy...things happen.

On the other hand, one man's "wrestling with family members" could be another man's "family fight." At this point, I will take him at his word.

dogfish
03-24-2008, 09:33 PM
sheesh. . . .

i sure hope that was playful "wrestling"-- as opposed to, say, beating the snot out of someone. . . it's not my intention to start baseless and premature speculation, so don't anyone take it that way, but you almost can't help wondering when they make implausible excuses. . .

*shakes head*

WTF is it with the broncos and injuries the past few years?

i just hope that nerve damage heals up properly. . . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-24-2008, 09:34 PM
With the 12 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select...Limas Sweed, WR, Texas.

slim
03-24-2008, 09:34 PM
What a dope.

dogfish
03-24-2008, 09:37 PM
i guess the "i tripped on my dog" excuse had already been used, so a mcdonald's bag was the next best thing he could think of. . . .

tubby
With the 12 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select...Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma.

Or Sweed.

str8jacket
With the 12 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select...Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma.

Yay bad knees!

tubby
03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Yay bad knees!

Says who?

LordTrychon
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
i guess the "i tripped on my dog" excuse had already been used, so a mcdonald's bag was the next best thing he could think of. . . .

It's called 'Cross Promotion'.

He was hoping for an endorsement.

Or at least a 'Get well Big Mac'.

slim
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM

LOL...that is the worst excuse ever. About what I expected from someone like BMarsh.

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Says who?

Firmly entrenched at split end, Kelly received second-team All-Big Twelve Conference honors in 2006. He led the team in receiving for the second straight year, coming up with a career-high 62 receptions for 993 yards (16.0-yard average) and 10 touchdowns. He also posted one solo tackle. He averaged 70.93 yards receiving per game, the fifth-best total in the league that year, but he had a concussion early in the year vs. Texas A&M and suffered knee cartilage damage vs. Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl and was limited in 2007 spring drills.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/malcolm-kelly?id=1028

I'm also pretty sure I heard Mike Mayock say he may fall out of the first round due to Arthritic knees, let me find the link.

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 09:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/malcolm-kelly?id=1028

I'm also pretty sure I heard Mike Mayock say he may fall out of the first round due to Arthritic knees, let me find the link.

Malcolm Kelly-WR-Player Mar. 24 - 6:59 pm et

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports that both of Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly's knees "are of such concern" that he may be removed from some teams' draft boards in April.

Kelly got hurt in both the Sooners' bowl games the past two years. He hasn't participated in any pre-draft events. Kelly plans to run privately on April 9. Mayock hints that there is a good chance Kelly, the No. 1 receiver in the draft according to some internet services, will go in round two.
http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5499291

I also find it odd he has yet to run for any scouts

SmilinAssasSin27
03-24-2008, 09:46 PM
WHICH WR isn't the point. The fact that we must now draft one IS.

tubby
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Malcolm Kelly-WR-Player Mar. 24 - 6:59 pm et

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports that both of Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly's knees "are of such concern" that he may be removed from some teams' draft boards in April.

Kelly got hurt in both the Sooners' bowl games the past two years. He hasn't participated in any pre-draft events. Kelly plans to run privately on April 9. Mayock hints that there is a good chance Kelly, the No. 1 receiver in the draft according to some internet services, will go in round two.
http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5499291

I also find it odd he has yet to run for any scouts

Oh boy. What about Sweed?

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
WHICH WR isn't the point. The fact that we must now draft one IS.

I still say it shouldn't change trading down and picking up an OT, grab Devin Thomas in the 2nd and possibly take a look at James Hardy (I've heard some things that arent too good about him, but the size is definitely amazing)

SmilinAssasSin27
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I still say it shouldn't change trading down and picking up an OT, grab Devin Thomas in the 2nd and possibly take a look at James Hardy (I've heard some things that arent too good about him, but the size is definitely amazing)

Devin Thomas may be the 1st WR taken. He will not be there in round 2.

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh boy. What about Sweed?

I wouldnt dread the pick, I saw him play once or twice in person and he impressed, this past year was a bit of a disappointment but I'd still like to go OT in the first

tubby
03-24-2008, 09:51 PM

Both could be gone by the 2nd. Hardy is a vag. Thomas goes late first, maybe?

I want Todd Blythe. Late.

str8jacket
Devin Thomas may be the 1st WR taken. He will not be there in round 2.

This is actually very true with the news about Kelly coming out, I'm a bit out of my league with this draft stuff :D

SmilinAssasSin27
Thomas or Sweed. We have to take a WR in round 1 now. A trade back a few spots would be ideal cuz we could still land one of em, but we hafta do it. We needed a #2 WR BEFORE this came up. Not to go too kneejerk, but this creates HUGE question marks.

TimBuff10
Yes! A pattern!

Lets keep bringing up crap that happened allegedly last year and he was never found guilty for, and compare it to punching a TV!

Do you even realize how crazy it looks when you read that? It makes no sense at all! God forbid someone punches his TV! Lets hope he doesnt start stomping out bugs too. What a bad person!

He was found to be innocent AND he punches his TV! Lets release his dumb ass! :tsk:

Bailey and Lynch don't punch their TVs and have their name dragged into the spotlight for things that could be bad. I don't care if he did it or not, all it takes is to get your name in the papers for being associated with it and public opinion can care less what actually happened.

Care to wager that this town would warm up to the nuggets a bit more if Carmellow's friend didn't put weed in his bag at the airport, if Kenyon Martin didn't get a million tickets for speeding, and if none of them had tats on their necks?

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Bailey and Lynch don't punch their TVs and have their name dragged into the spotlight for things that could be bad. I don't care if he did it or not, all it takes is to get your name in the papers for being associated with it and public opinion can care less what actually happened.

Care to wager that this town would warm up to the nuggets a bit more if Carmellow's friend didn't put weed in his bag at the airport, if Kenyon Martin didn't get a million tickets for speeding, and if none of them had tats on their necks?

I'm pretty sure Denver would warm up to the Nuggets if they could actually play up to their talent, I think thats the problem.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure your argument is flawed here.

You are arguing for players with character. And I see you are a Buff fan (as am I), however it is notable that at the time we won the national championship we were recruiting players related in gang activities (gangs most notably Cripps and Bloods), or around that time at least.

BOSSHOGG30
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I like a lot of receivers in this draft....

James Hardy
Mario Manningham
Devin Thomas
Early Doucet
Eddie Royal
Earl Bennett
Jordy Nelson
Adarius Bowman
Paul Hubbard
D.J. Hall
Darius Reynaud
Marcus Monk
Mario Urrutia
Sean Bailey
Ernest Wheelwright
Jabari Arthur
Luke Dillon

honz
03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Draft WR in the 1st round now??? At least wait until we hear the (full) extent of the injury and how the surgery went.

P.S. GO JAZZ!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Draft WR in the 1st round now??? At least wait until we hear the (full) extent of the injury and how the surgery went.

P.S. GO JAZZ!

The man catches things for a living. He has damaged his hand/arm. We have no other WR options. I don't think discussing first round WR options is out of teh question...regardless of how surgery is reported to go. The draft is in 1 month.

str8jacket
03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
The man catches things for a living. He has damaged his hand/arm. We have no other WR options. I don't think discussing first round WR options is out of teh question...regardless of how surgery is reported to go. The draft is in 1 month.

Exactly, and he will not be ready to even catch again until after the Draft.

I agree here, although I still want to trade down :D

Tned
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep, Griese's tripped over the dog and sprained his knee, and fell in TD's "steep" driveway and chipped his tooth excuses have finally been topped.

honz
03-24-2008, 10:09 PM
I understand what you are saying, but has there been any report that this injury will definitely effect his receiving abilities?

And if we do draft a WR, I would wait until at least the 2nd round...I don't see a definite stud receiver in this draft that would be worth spending a 1st round pick on.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I understand what you are saying, but has there been any report that this injury will definitely effect his receiving abilities?

And if we do draft a WR, I would wait until at least the 2nd round...I don't see a definite stud receiver in this draft that would be worth spending a 1st round pick on.

I see the WRs in this draft as top heavy and value heavy. Meaning, the big 4 should all go in round 1...or at least before us in round 2. There are no other options worthy of our 2nd round pick and we don't have a 3rd. The ONLY WR valued at our 2nd is Manningham and he's likely gone too.

We needed a WR regardless. This just adds uncertainty to the 1 we do have.

broncosfanscott
03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
This just totally effing sucks. I mean he has a big year only to top it off with. I know that injuries happen all the time whether it is on the field or at home, however the fact that this injury is dealing with nerves, veins, ariteries, and five muscle tendons just makes me shake my head.

I only hope that by the time he gets the splint off, which will be right around camp time, his strengthing of the hand goes smoothly with now permanent damage.

broncosfanscott
03-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Is it possible for us to go any length of time without a serious injury to any player.........PLEASE?

BeefStew25
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
This crap proves Rod was one in a million. Newsflash: Big WR's are a pain in the ass.

jrelway
03-24-2008, 11:26 PM
fan fakin tastic. im hopin this doesnt ruin his reflexes in his arm and hands. i think shanny may be lookin real hard at limas now. do it!

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
the odds of any rookie WR being worth a crap is slim and none regardless of who or who is not on the other side to the field..

Very few 1st year WRs do much.. and IN DEN system even less.

Biggest impact players we can get are OLT and DT..

You win or lose on the LOS..

tubby
03-24-2008, 11:48 PM
the odds of any rookie WR being worth a crap is slim and none regardless of who or who is not on the other side to the field..

1st year? LB and RB.

lex
03-24-2008, 11:48 PM
The worst thing they can do now is panic and reach in the draft.

Lonestar
03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
1st year? LB and RB.

RB maybe if he has someone to block for him and right now that is not looking good..

LB just gets taken out of the plays by pulling guards or centers because no one is blocking them or they are not forced to stay home to protect the QB..

You win or lose on the LOS.. Fix these two spots and your exsisting RBs are better and everyone behind the DL is better ..

Requiem / The Dagda
03-24-2008, 11:58 PM
This is actually really concerning. Severed tendons, cut veins. Who even knows if he'll heal 100%? That stuff takes a while. Three months? I doubt it. You have to pray for the best, but we'll see.

tubby
03-24-2008, 11:58 PM
RB maybe if he has someone to block for him and right now that is not looking good..

LB just gets taken out of the plays by pulling guards or centers because no one is blocking them or they are not forced to stay home to protect the QB..

You win or lose on the LOS.. Fix these two spots and your exsisting RBs are better and everyone behind the DL is better ..

I don't know about that. Having Nalen and Hamilton back is huge.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-24-2008, 11:59 PM
This is actually more serious than a lot of people are taking considering the harshness of cutting veins and tendons, which in all actuality could lead to a loss of mobility in his arm.

Just when you thought you've seen it all. . . . well. . .

Lonestar
03-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't know about that. Having Nalen and Hamilton back is huge.

Yep but it takes the entire OLINE to make it happen and we have at least one new starter up there and most likely will be a rookie or a first year player experience wise..

If we get a stud OLT the odds are that they can be a huge upgrade by years end if not by the bye week.

Almost the same goes for a stud DT, while they will see playing time their will be less pressure on one of them than like last year, moss till he went down, crowder, Thomas, Dumervil, DJ being in a new position and the assorted other DT that were rotated in and out..

tubby
03-25-2008, 12:11 AM
If we don't go WR in round one or two......

Adrian Arrington
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/numba2393/NCAA%20Football/357408.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/MartyG1281/AdrianArrington.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb245/younger15/adrian.jpg

Todd Blythe
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/jribbens02/isu2.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa252/numba2393/NCAA%20Football/iowastate_todd_blythe_sm.jpg

tubby
03-25-2008, 12:16 AM
This is actually more serious than a lot of people are taking considering the harshness of cutting veins and tendons, which in all actuality could lead to a loss of mobility in his arm.

Yeah, guess we can hold off the Brinks truck for now....

Tned
03-25-2008, 12:24 AM
I keep thinking of Watts. All the potential in the world, but do to nerve damage in his hand when he was younger that resulted in loss of feeling in some fingers, he couldn't consistently secure the ball.

I sure hope Marshall comes out of this sound, as he and Cutler were supposed to form the offensive nucleus for years to come.

DenBronx
03-25-2008, 12:27 AM
i really hope we make a move for roy or chad now.

this sucks donkey bawlz!

Brand
03-25-2008, 07:17 AM
I wonder if there is a Wonderlic for maturity available? This boy is just immature as all get out, and I don't know if he has the stuff between the ears to grow up. He is a very young 22 or 23 year old teenager. Maybe he is a spawn of Dick Clark? I don't think he is an alkie. He just doesn't understand the responsibility of drinking booze, particularly as a professional athlete. And I would bet that booze was involved in the alleged "horseplay".

I believe he will be a year away form actually being able to catch the ball with his hands again, and that makes him less of a WR. In today's Post, Sheffler makes it sound less morbid as an injury, but I am not going to believe it until I see him out there in June and July.

Stupid is as stupid does.....

SmilinAssasSin27
03-25-2008, 08:34 AM

That doesn't mean ya never draft any. Noone here is saying we're Super Bowl ready. We needed a WR anyways...now we have cause for worry that our #1 weapon may not be quite the same. If he isn't, we have to get a potential replacement ASAP. If he is fine, well...we get our #2 and we're even deadlier in the pass game.

Rick
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Well nice thing is if it does only take 3 months it isn't even April yet, he will be back around July.

Still some time to get back to playing form before September.

Assuming all goes well and no serious set backs with the damage I don't see much problem.

Not like he played a whole lot early on last year either when he was having his injury problems during training camp and yet he still went on and had 100+ grabs.

HolyDiver
03-25-2008, 10:21 AM

His game is so physical............He needs his strength to shove those defenders.

LRtagger
03-25-2008, 10:35 AM
we must be the dumbest team off the field in the entire NFL

Lonestar
03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
That doesn't mean ya never draft any. Noone here is saying we're Super Bowl ready. We needed a WR anyways...now we have cause for worry that our #1 weapon may not be quite the same. If he isn't, we have to get a potential replacement ASAP. If he is fine, well...we get our #2 and we're even deadlier in the pass game.

So far mikey is like 1-14 or so drafting WR and I discount ashley as being a one trick pony if that he had a good year at the same time EVERYONE was. Plus he was a head case. But then maybe all of them are..

Please do not try and make a point that a good #2 could come out of the DAFT and make a statement. The odds are really against that happening.

Fix the BIG problems first and then worry about the other things.. If we continue to get beat up on the LOS on both sides of the ball wasting a top choice on a position that may not help you for 2 years makes ZERO sense.

NOW if you want to pick up a WR or RB on day two.. I have no issues with that. although with mikeys batting record with WRs both in the DAFT and trading for them well is sounds like another waste of cap space in the making..

BTW the minute the DAFT is over there will be people predicting this to be another Super Bowl season..

turftoad
03-25-2008, 11:43 AM
To the guys that didn't want another WR in FA.

Do you realize that if Marshall can't come back close to what he was or gets hurt during the season, Colbert is now the #1.
Scares the crap out of ME.
Should have signed B. Johnson along with Colbert. We could have afforded both.

I know, coulda, shoulda, woulda...........

HolyDiver
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Trade back and grab Limas Sweed.

jrelway
03-25-2008, 12:42 PM
So far mikey is like 1-14 or so drafting WR and I discount ashley as being a one trick pony if that he had a good year at the same time EVERYONE was. Plus he was a head case. But then maybe all of them are..

Please do not try and make a point that a good #2 could come out of the DAFT and make a statement. The odds are really against that happening.

Fix the BIG problems first and then worry about the other things.. If we continue to get beat up on the LOS on both sides of the ball wasting a top choice on a position that may not help you for 2 years makes ZERO sense.

NOW if you want to pick up a WR or RB on day two.. I have no issues with that. although with mikeys batting record with WRs both in the DAFT and trading for them well is sounds like another waste of cap space in the making..

BTW the minute the DAFT is over there will be people predicting this to be another Super Bowl season..

protecting cutler by drafting Olinesmen in the first is all dandy, but what good is the protection gonna do if our wr's cant get open, or catch passes in traffic like a stud WR can. keary colbert is not our answer when defenders double up on brandon. we need limas, then build our lines in the second round on up.

BOSSHOGG30
03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Don't worry guys we have Keary Colbert and Glenn Martinez.

jrelway
03-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Don't worry guys we have Keary Colbert and Glenn Martinez.

up yours boss!

topscribe
03-25-2008, 12:51 PM

In view of all the damage in Marshall's forearm, one might wonder if his career is over . . .

-----

Italianmobstr7
03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I think that people are being way too hard on Marshall. He's still a young guy, and he was having some w/ some family. An accident happened, and he paid for it. I'm sure that he'll be ready to go by training camp, and all will be fine.

BOSSHOGG30
03-25-2008, 12:56 PM
In view of all the damage in Marshall's forearm, one might wonder if his career is over . . .

-----

Like I said before... My fiancé is a Physical Therapist and she said she would be shocked if Marshall is back in 3 months. She doesn't think it would be a career thing though... She did say that she wouldn't be surprised if he missed the entire 2008 season. She doesn't know the measures of Marshall's injury, but said it is very hard to come back from a serious tendon injury like the one being reported.

Mike
03-25-2008, 12:56 PM
protecting cutler by drafting Olinesmen in the first is all dandy, but what good is the protection gonna do if our wr's cant get open, or catch passes in traffic like a stud WR can. keary colbert is not our answer when defenders double up on brandon. we need limas, then build our lines in the second round on up.

6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

I would rather have a healthy and protected Cutler throwing dropped passes to Martinez and Colbert...than a broken and battered Cutler not throwing passes to some highly drafted WR. Also, WR's have too big of a bust ratio to draft early.

I tend to think that a good QB behind a good o-line will make his WRs better than they are. While a good QB behind a bad o-line will get killed.

BOSSHOGG30
03-25-2008, 12:58 PM
We have to get cswil's response to this because he has been working with injury's like this for a while now. His input would be very interesting.

Lonestar
03-25-2008, 12:58 PM

BUT even if we get a stud WR he is worth 70 plays a year TOPS IF he gets lucky..

WR is the last position we should be wasting a top pick on.. Unless out of the 70 plays comes 20 TD's all it does keep the QB in the cross hairs 70 more times a year with a weaker OLINE in front of him...

WR are nice to have LOS dominance is a MUST. THAT is 100% of the time verses a stud being on the field part time and being involved in maybe 15% of the plays.

Sorry IMO you build the LOS first and almost everything else falls into line after that.

G_Money
03-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I sure hope it isn't career-threatening. It all depends on what exactly he damaged.

He doesn't need fine motor skills. He's not a surgeon. He needs the nerve impulses that signal "BALL HERE" to fire, and he needs the muscles to be able to grip. Tendon repair is much better than it used to be, and because they get more blood supply than ligaments it's not so hard for them to mend. He'll be doing PT for a while (probably longer than the 3 months indicated), but it's not an automatic end to his career.

That nerve, OTOH...

If the nerve was one of the ones for tactile (touch sensation) in the forearm, then it's no big deal. His forearm will be a dead spot touch-wise so he might need to carry the ball with the other arm to be sure he's got it secured, but otherwise okay.

OTOH, if it's the ulnar nerve (which it most likely is if he managed to sever 5 tendons - he basically cut his wrist all the way across), that can go from "not too bad" to "HOLY #$*#!"

For example:

http://6-4-2.blogspot.com/2006/04/eric-gagn-ned-colletti-doesnt-feel-so.html

The nerve runs all the way up your arm, and shoots off into several nerves in your hand, that control quite a few important functions.

I know this because I severed my ulnar nerve in an accident a few years ago. The surgeons were able to put it back together, but I still have several residual effects:

1. I cannot spread my index finer and middle finger to the width that I used to be able to, nor to the width I can on my other hand.

2. I have a significant amount of numbness in my pinky finger. It pretty much feels like I have a callous on that side of my hand. I very rarely use my pinky finger while typing at this point, as I just don't have any idea where it's going most of the time.

3. This is going to be hard to describe ... put the four fingers of your hand together, and tuck the thumb below your hand. There's a muscle there, that will kind of stick out, as the thumb is pressed against it. It's a convex curve.

Now, before I had my nerve put back together, and while the nerve regenerated (a process that took close to a year, probably), I did not have this muscle; the curve was concave. The muscle there is enervated by the ulnar nerve, and didn't grow back until the nerve had regenerated to that point.

I still have a pretty weak grip between the thumb and index finger.

4. The dexterity of my fingers is rather limited, though I am still very much functional as a human. But there are a few piano pieces I can no longer play, just because I can't get my fingers into the proper positions.

5. My forearm strength has decreased from where it was, though it's not like I was some super-athlete before.

We seriously won't know til training camp, and depending on what nerve it is, the recovery time for it could be a while, so we might not even know by then. It's cross-your-fingers time.

I think wideout just moved up a few steps on the importance scale - we might just get to find out if Harris is all that and a bag of chips after all.

~G

HolyDiver
03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
I think that people are being way too hard on Marshall. He's still a young guy, and he was having some w/ some family. An accident happened, and he paid for it. I'm sure that he'll be ready to go by training camp, and all will be fine.

I sure hope so. The guy has talent through the roof.

LRtagger
03-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Good info G

HolyDiver
03-25-2008, 01:58 PM
How does this affect him going to Atlanta with Cutler and Sheffler?

BroncoAV06
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Still human, you would love for all players in Bronco uniforms to be perfect, but I have to say that an accident while at home messing around with family is something that happens and does not bother me. You can not tell me that all of you have never ran into something hit something etc.. while messing with family and friends, and don't give me the I am not a football player BS. If more comes out about it then we will see but he was at home; not gettting in a fight at a bar etc..

turftoad
03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
How does this affect him going to Atlanta with Cutler and Sheffler?

They had better be back in Denver for off season workouts now.

Marshall will miss just about all of that.

shank
03-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Still human, you would love for all players in Bronco uniforms to be perfect, but I have to say that an accident while at home messing around with family is something that happens and does not bother me. You can not tell me that all of you have never ran into something hit something etc.. while messing with family and friends, and don't give me the I am not a football player BS. If more comes out about it then we will see but he was at home; not gettting in a fight at a bar etc..

i agree with this. i will chalk it up to the string of bad luck marshall is experiencing and can't hold this against him if that's what happened.

you can say that marcus thomas has a responsibility to avoid his old friends for his career.

you can't really expect a guy to just sit on the couch and do nothing so as to avoid injury, just because he's a football player.

it sucks, hopefully he recovers quickly and to a 100%.

Lonestar
03-25-2008, 02:42 PM
i agree with this. i will chalk it up to the string of bad luck marshall is experiencing and can't hold this against him if that's what happened.

you can say that marcus thomas has a responsibility to avoid his old friends for his career.

you can't really expect a guy to just sit on the couch and do nothing so as to avoid injury, just because he's a football player.

But one really wonders what really happened? So far two different stories unless I missed something.

Same with Thomas in the wrong place at the wrong time..

Sorry but some of this does not pass the smell test.

Watchthemiddle
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
But one really wonders what really happened? So far two different stories unless I missed something.

Same with Thomas in the wrong place at the wrong time..

Sorry but some of this does not pass the smell test.

Agree...I thought that when the first story about him "slipping on a MC'D's" bag broke.

Something just doesn jive with any story I have heard reported yet.

This kid scares me.

Tons of talent, but in his brief stint in Denver so far has made the news ( in a bad way ) way too much already.

NameUsedBefore
03-25-2008, 03:43 PM

I broke my femur in two wrestling my brother so I guess I see where Marshall's coming from :D

HolyDiver
03-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I broke my femur in two wrestling my brother so I guess I see where Marshall's coming from :D

I'm not concerned HOW he did it..............Just worried that this injury will be difficult to heal.

NameUsedBefore
03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm not concerned HOW he did it..............Just worried that this injury will be difficult to heal.

Well, I hate to say this, but I haven't really had an even step my whole life. If it's any consolation I used to be a fast runner... before my knees weakened considerably.

Actually, I think I'm gonna stop comparing myself to Marshall :tsk:

Lonestar
03-25-2008, 05:07 PM
DENVER (CBS4/AP) ―
Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall has an injured right arm and he could take several months to recover, the team announced Tuesday afternoon.

In a story published Monday, Marshall told the Rocky Mountain News he had slipped on a fast-food bag while vacationing at a resort with his mother, father and siblings. He said there was nothing more to read into it than that and described his injury as "a little cut on my arm."

He repeated the explanation in an interview on satellite radio Monday. However, the team announced Tuesday that the injury was more serious.

"Brandon Marshall sustained right forearm lacerations to one artery, one vein, one nerve, two tendons and three muscles," Broncos Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos said in a prepared statement. "All have been repaired, and his right forearm and elbow will be immobilized for six weeks. Rehabilitation will begin in six weeks. Full recovery is expected to take three to four months."

The NFL Network also reported Marshall told the team he was wrestling with family members when he got hurt.

Neither Marshall nor his agent, Fletcher Smith, returned a phone message from The Associated Press. Marshall was at Broncos headquarters Monday, when the team's offseason strength and conditioning program got under way, but did not speak to reporters.

Also on Monday, a jury trial was postponed for Marshall, who is accused of driving under the influence. A new trial date was set for June in Denver District Court after his lawyer asked for a delay.

Marshall was arrested in downtown Denver on suspicion of drunken driving on Oct. 22, hours after he caught six passes for 77 yards in the Broncos' 31-28 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers at Invesco Field.

Marshall blossomed into the Broncos' best receiver last year, catching 102 passes for 1,325 yards and seven touchdowns.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.marshall.hand.2.684131.html

dogfish
03-25-2008, 06:03 PM

in denver, even sitting on your couch isn't safe-- plummer reportedly broke his foot getting off the couch a few years ago. . . . :tsk:

well, all we can do is wait-- if it turns out to be serious, i think we're screwed. . . .

Watchthemiddle
03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
in denver, even sitting on your couch isn't safe-- plummer reportedly broke his foot getting off the couch a few years ago. . . . :tsk:

well, all we can do is wait-- if it turns out to be serious, i think we're screwed. . . .

I think we are experiencing the "Griese" curse....:laugh:

broncosr#1
03-25-2008, 06:37 PM
i hope his career isnt over

BOSSHOGG30
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Broncos Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos expects Brandon Marshall's recovery from forearm surgery to take between three and four months.

His arm will be immobilized for the next six weeks, after which rehabilitation will begin. The NFL Network had been giving a three-month timetable on Marshall's rehab, but if he needs the full four months, he could be limited for the first week of training camp.
Source: DenverBroncos.com

dogfish
03-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Broncos Head Athletic Trainer Steve Antonopulos expects Brandon Marshall's recovery from forearm surgery to take between three and four months.

His arm will be immobilized for the next six weeks, after which rehabilitation will begin. The NFL Network had been giving a three-month timetable on Marshall's rehab, but if he needs the full four months, he could be limited for the first week of training camp.
Source: DenverBroncos.com

obviously not an ideal situation, but at this point i don't care how much of camp or preseason he misses-- sure you'd love to have him there in a perfect world, but i'll be delighted if he's completely healthy and capable of playing at his previous level for the start of the regular season. . .

TXBRONC
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM

An offensive tackle taken in the draft will have not have anymore impact than a wide receiver in our offense. A defensive tackle has a chance to playing time sooner but as far making a big impact more than likely that wont happen either. All three of those positions take time develop. The only position on either side of the ball that could make an immediate impact for us is running back.

Lonestar
03-26-2008, 12:34 AM
An offensive tackle taken in the draft will have not have anymore impact than a wide receiver in our offense. A defensive tackle has a chance to playing time sooner but as far making a big impact more than likely that wont happen either. All three of those positions take time develop. The only position on either side of the ball that could make an immediate impact for us is running back.

YET several starting OLT were rookies last year one in front of Manning and I think he was drafted in the 3 or 4th rounds.. actually in the second #42

I think if we get a stud it is either him or Harris who thanks to mikey did not play last year either. so it seems to be a toss up as we speak.

I think top tier Players while not being pro bowlers immediately are far superior to the slugs we have up there now.. or had last year..

DT can probably have more immediate impact than an OLT on a mikey team but if other lesser coaches can make it happen surely mikey can..

MOtorboat
03-26-2008, 12:45 AM
OT will always have more impact than a WR...it's just not sexy. Look up the OTs....I've done it now four times and posted it....

We need a stud LT to protect Cutler as our offense changes. We need a LT...Harris is a RT, imo....taking a LT is what we should do.

If we take a RB we mask the problem. If we reach for a DT we mask the problem. OT, specifically LT is the only way to go.

Lonestar
03-26-2008, 12:48 AM
OT will always have more impact than a WR...it's just not sexy. Look up the OTs....I've done it now four times and posted it....

We need a stud LT to protect Cutler as our offense changes. We need a LT...Harris is a RT, imo....taking a LT is what we should do.

If we take a RB we mask the problem. If we reach for a DT we mask the problem. OT, specifically LT is the only way to go.

Makes sense if you really want to get better for the long run..

If your looking for instant sex then get a hooker.. (mikey)

MOtorboat
03-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Makes sense if you really want to get better for the long run..

If your looking for instant sex then get a hooker.. (mikey)

Um...if you've got a good one, pass it my way...tia.

Lonestar
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Um...if you've got a good one, pass it my way...tia.

call Dread he has the number for the governors office I hear it is on speed dial.

BroncoAV06
03-26-2008, 02:00 PM
YET several starting OLT were rookies last year one in front of Manning and I think he was drafted in the 3 or 4th rounds..

I think if we get a stud it is either him or Harris who thanks to mikey did not play last year either. so it seems to be a toss up as we speak.

I think top tier Players while not being pro bowlers immediately are far superior to the slugs we have up there now.. or had last year..

DT can probably have more immediate impact than an OLT on a mikey team but if other lesser coaches can make it happen surely mikey can..

Tony Ugoh was drafted 42nd overall, 10th pick of the 2nd round.
I am all for building the lines, top tier rookie tackles have a good track record. I think that Clady has a chance to be gone by 12, so do the Broncos stay and grab a Otah or Williams, reach for a WR or get a RB? I think if Clady is gone the Broncos will most likely go WR or RB with them being high on Harris and grab depth later.

Lonestar
03-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Tony Ugoh was drafted 42nd overall, 10th pick of the 2nd round.
I am all for building the lines, top tier rookie tackles have a good track record. I think that Clady has a chance to be gone by 12, so do the Broncos stay and grab a Otah or Williams, reach for a WR or get a RB? I think if Clady is gone the Broncos will most likely go WR or RB with them being high on Harris and grab depth later.

thanks for the catch I had heard he was a 3-4 rounder.. Since INDY is not a team I followed closely I did not check it out.. I know it was not a first rounder.

Drill-N-Fill
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Sounds like a dope. I hope he does grow up.

SR
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Doesn't sound like a dope to me. Sounds like he knows what he has to do.

Bronco9798
03-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Just catch balls, score TD's, and move the chains. So he slipped on a McDonalds bag, it's March. All the haters will love him when September rolls around.

Not concerned at all.

honz
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
How does he sound like a dope?

He admitted that he has made mistakes and says that he needs to stay out of those sort of situations that have gotten him into trouble in the past.

Drill-N-Fill
03-27-2008, 06:39 PM
How does he sound like a dope?

He admitted that he has made mistakes and says that he needs to stay out of those sort of situations that have gotten him into trouble in the past.

Saying its was a "small cut" after the surgery knowing full well it sure wasn't. But then saying he wanted Greek to handle it. But then he forgets that and goes on sirus, knowing full well they aren't going to ask him what his favorite color is.

He also doesn't realize how this incidence puts his name back in the headlines after working hard in Atlanta. Especially a young guy in the league who doesn't have the best rep and is trying to change everybody's perception. Like one of the guys says, if he came out with it said the full story, this thing blows over the same night. Thats immaturity on his part.

But I'll tell you, I'm one of his biggest fans (on field). I loved the kid in college, and some of my buddies who went to college with him says hes a great guy and everybody loved him. I just hope, he grows up a little, and becomes a class act the rest of the way. Its not hard to stay off trouble.

honz
03-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Saying its was a "small cut" after the surgery knowing full well it sure wasn't. But then saying he wanted Greek to handle it. But then he forgets that and goes on sirus, knowing full well they aren't going to ask him what his favorite color is.

He also doesn't realize how this incidence puts his name back in the headlines after working hard in Atlanta. Especially a young guy in the league who doesn't have the best rep and is trying to change everybody's perception. Like one of the guys says, if he came out with it said the full story, this thing blows over the same night. Thats immaturity on his part.

But I'll tell you, I'm one of his biggest fans (on field). I loved the kid in college, and some of my buddies who went to college with him says hes a great guy and everybody loved him. I just hope, he grows up a little, and becomes a class act the rest of the way. Its not hard to stay off trouble.
Good point on him not coming out with the full story at first. That is pretty much the only thing that bugs me with this whole story.

He sounds like he knows what he needs to do, though, and hopefully this is a good "wake up call" for him.

Lonestar
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Lets see if he can now grow up.

broncohead
03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
As long as this is the real story, whats the big deal? Is horse playing with a brother imature? I really don't see how this is a wake up call.

Drill-N-Fill
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
As long as this is the real story, whats the big deal? Is horse playing with a brother imature? I really don't see how this is a wake up call.

The wake up call is he severed an artery. Easily could have lost his life, if surgery not performed in time. He could have lost function of his hands due to severing his nerves. Serious enough?

Glad he realizes this, and will be more cautious.

honz
03-27-2008, 07:39 PM
My wake up call comment was also taking into account his DUI and other run ins with the law/trouble...it's not just this incident which I think is less minor than a DUI, but may make him think about how fragile his NFL career really is.

broncohead
03-27-2008, 07:54 PM
My wake up call comment was also taking into account his DUI and other run ins with the law/trouble...it's not just this incident which I think is less minor than a DUI, but may make him think about how fragile his NFL career really is.

The DUI should be the wake up call as you said. But what other run-ins with the law has he had? Something with a taxi or girfriend or something right? Well a little horse playing shouldn't be an issue.

TXBRONC
03-27-2008, 08:02 PM
YET several starting OLT were rookies last year one in front of Manning and I think he was drafted in the 3 or 4th rounds.. actually in the second #42

You know as well as I do that it's simply not a valid comparison to of the Colts offensive scheme and that of Denver's. You have mentioned before that there is timing issues to get down, that does not change just because pick an offensive tackle higher in the draft. So no as we speak there is toss up.

And again the answer is no on a high probability of a defensive tackle making an immediate impact on the defensive line. Marcus Thomas graded out as defensive tackle with a first round grade but he didn't make huge impact on the defensive front this past season. I'm not criticizing him, it's that it takes time to develop defensive tackles.

Lonestar
03-27-2008, 08:48 PM
The DUI should be the wake up call as you said. But what other run-ins with the law has he had? Something with a taxi or girfriend or something right? Well a little horse playing shouldn't be an issue.

Slowly when you almost lose your career because you have almost cut your arm off, at least the nerves to be able to use that RIGHT arm..

HUGE WAKE UP CALL if your smart..

BOSSHOGG30
03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Scar said it best in another thread.... Talk is cheap. Just go out and play football and prove it on the field as well off the field.

Lonestar
03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
You know as well as I do that it's simply not a valid comparison to of the Colts offensive scheme and that of Denver's. You have mentioned before that there is timing issues to get down, that does not change just because pick an offensive tackle higher in the draft. So no as we speak there is toss up.

And again the answer is no on a high probability of a defensive tackle making an immediate impact on the defensive line. Marcus Thomas graded out as defensive tackle with a first round grade but he didn't make huge impact on the defensive front this past season. I'm not criticizing him, it's that it takes time to develop defensive tackles.

Your correct IND and DEN are two different systems but if they trust a rookie to watch manning blind side that is good enough for me..

Yes it take years in some cases to get the timing down between the OLINE guys..

But since we do not have Lepsis there any longer someone is going to have to play it so the timing issue is moot IMO..

As far as Thomas is concerned had he really been a top ten pick that would have meant he had actually played the year before.. and therefore not as rusty as he was..

Since he missed most if not all of his senior season I suspect getting into playing shape was a big factor, more so than had he been able to concentrate in the play book..

Also we had at anyone particular time at least one more rookie on the field with him a last year.. Or other lousy DT's.

This year while everyone is learning a NEW system AGAIN they have all had access to it from the bye week last year to have the existing players get comfortable with it.. Having a stud DT come in and contribute may not be as hard this year as it was last year..

I am not saying there would not be growing pains, but it is more of:

Pay me now or pay me later..

I'd much rather rebuild the LOS players first with some studs cause you win or lose it on the LOS..

broncosfanscott
03-27-2008, 10:27 PM
The wake up call is he severed an artery. Easily could have lost his life, if surgery not performed in time. He could have lost function of his hands due to severing his nerves. Serious enough?

Glad he realizes this, and will be more cautious.

As far as this being his wake up call......I seriously hope he means it. However, as honz stated, the DUI should have made him realize that he needs to think before doing things.

weazel
03-27-2008, 11:59 PM
nothing surprises me with sports anymore...

players "tripping over dogs", breaking their foot by "curling my toes under", broken hands at IHOP, shootings at night clubs, arms through TV's...

bunch of immature idiots getting everything handed to them their entire playing career and having no understanding of consequences.

shank
03-28-2008, 12:35 AM
As far as this being his wake up call......I seriously hope he means it. However, as honz stated, the DUI should have made him realize that he needs to think before doing things.

i know what it's like to have a brother. you can't say, 'hey stop messing around, i'm a professional football player.'

if he's telling the truth, then i can't hold this against him, it's just bad luck. i think it's kind of stupid that so many people (media) are calling him immature and baby TO because of an accident...

i'm not saying that he doesn't need to grow up, but i wouldn't call this a direct indication of that fact, it's just an accident. no more incidents of any kind brandon.

broncosfanscott
03-28-2008, 01:53 AM
I hear ya on the "Baby TO" crap. That is the one thing that I wish the media would leave alone.

LRtagger
03-28-2008, 08:55 AM
not sure if this has been posted yet or not

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80771f86

Lonestar
03-28-2008, 02:22 PM
not sure if this has been posted yet or not

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80771f86

Great post I agree all the way around. He needs to grow up and it is not JUST his business.. He is or at least WAS the man the #1 guy in DEN he has a higher standard to live up to ..

HolyDiver
03-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Great post I agree all the way around. He needs to grow up and it is not JUST his business.. He is or at least WAS the man the #1 guy in DEN he has a higher standard to live up to ..

If he stays healthy, he's the best Receiver in football NOW !!!! I mean, right now. No other Receiver in this league, TO included, can knock over 5 guys before he gets tackled................He is the true beast...........103 receptions.......over 1300 yards.............and blocks like a TE, or even better sometimes..............Taking on DE's, not little CB's.

Lonestar
03-28-2008, 05:24 PM
If he stays healthy, he's the best Receiver in football NOW !!!! I mean, right now. No other Receiver in this league, TO included, can knock over 5 guys before he gets tackled................He is the true beast...........103 receptions.......over 1300 yards.............and blocks like a TE, or even better sometimes..............Taking on DE's, not little CB's.

Maybe a bit strong IMO..

He could be very good,, but there is TO, Moss, Boldin, and several others that perform to a higher level and that is most importantly TOUCHDOWNS..

Blocking is nice but as a general rule no one else gives a crap about that that has a great OLINE..

Top ten for sure but not the best.. and if he does not get his head out of his ass he will never get better..

honz
03-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Maybe a bit strong IMO..

He could be very good,, but there is TO, Moss, Boldin, and several others that perform to a higher level and that is most importantly TOUCHDOWNS..

Blocking is nice but as a general rule no one else gives a crap about that that has a great OLINE..

Top ten for sure but not the best.. and if he does not get his head out of his ass he will never get better..
He has already become better in his first couple of years in the league, and his willingness to workout with Jay and Schef this summer shows me that he has a good work ethic and he is willing to work to get better.

broncosfanscott
03-29-2008, 08:40 PM
He has already become better in his first couple of years in the league, and his willingness to workout with Jay and Schef this summer shows me that he has a good work ethic and he is willing to work to get better.

And his good work ethic has never been more important than now. Hopefully his right arm will be back to normal.