PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sign J.J. Arrington

Italianmobstr7
03-04-2010, 08:31 PM
According to Fox 31's Josina Anderson and Frank Schwab of the Colorado Springs Gazette on Twitter. No contract details yet.

Ziggy
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Nice move. I hope he's fully recovered from his injury. This adds speed at both RB and KR.

getlynched47
03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
That's cool. It fills our need for a #3 runningback and a kick returner. He's an above-average kick returner.

I'm glad we have him. Let's hope he's healthy.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I'd say that probably all but rules out us drafting another RB this year. We cut Jordan but re-signed Arrington.

That puts Moreno, Buck, Arrington, and Hillis as RBs and whoever we decide to bring in as camp fodder.

JDL
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
That's cool. It fills our need for a #3 runningback and a kick returner. He's an above-average kick returner.

I'm glad we have him. Let's hope he's healthy.

Actually, NO he is not an above average kick returner, he isn't even average... even if you take his BEST year... which was drastically overinflated by 1 kick return.. his 25.3yds/kr would have been tied for 28th last year and 18th amongst kr with double digit kick returns... if you look at his CAREER though... he is right around 23yds/kr... he's basically Chris Cole in terms of production.

I get so tired of people claiming that about him... Arrington had a nice game in the playoffs.. which came as a surprise to everyone because he was f-ing useless before that... guy was terrified of contact ... laid down on one famous play on a game-important 3rd down... just simply laid down when a defender came at him, could have gotten the first was on the edge with a lb 1 on 1 and literally laid down, didn't make an effort at all, scared.

I'm sure McDaniels watched the Super Bowl... but that's apparently about it because if you actually watch him... he's total garbage... and we're the only team that doesn't seem to see that.

broken12
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
thought that reach at cb last year in the second round was going to be our special teams ace? wow, not just got passed up by udfa cb at the end of last year in nickel situations, now wont contribute on special teams!

dogfish
03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
i can't believe we signed this bum not once, but twice. . . . :lol:

:doh:

seriously, for a minute there when i saw the thread title i thought i was finally having those famous flashbacks. . . .

Ziggy
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
McD has earned the benefit of the doubt from me when it comes to FA. Last year's class was good even by most of his biggest critics.

underrated29
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I like it. Just like last year.

tsiguy96
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM
McD has earned the benefit of the doubt from me when it comes to FA. Last year's class was good even by most of his biggest critics.

it was far, far more than good. his draft class is still questionable, but to bring in hill, goodman, and dawkins, as well as the other D players that rotated in? ridiculously good.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_14515724

J.J. Arrington was gone but the Broncos' interest in the former Arizona Cardinals back was not forgotten.

Twice, the Broncos reached an agreement in principal with Arrington last year on a conditional four-year, $10 million contract that would have guaranteed him $3 million had he made their season-opening roster. Twice, the deal effectively fell through because of the condition of Arrington's right knee.

Microfracture surgery finally took and after year-long rehabilitation under the supervision of Dr. James Andrews, Arrington is back with the Broncos after agreeing to a one-year contract. The league minimum salary for players with four years of service time is $635,000.

Arrington will report for the start of the Broncos' offseason conditioning program on March 15.

"This has been in the works for a long time," said J.R. Rickert, Arrington's agent. ""It's really been in the works since J.J. had to go back to get his knee taken care of last year. The Broncos said then that as soon as he could pass a physical, they would welcome him back. Other clubs were interested but J.J.'s loyalty was to Josh McDaniels."

McDaniels' testimony of Arrington last season was how the back played nearly every down in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLIII, with Arizona trailing and Pittsburgh in blitz mode. The Cardinals entered the fourth quarter down 20-7 but rallied to take a 23-20 lead before the Steelers won it on a touchdown pass from Ben Roethlisberger to Santonio Holmes with 35 seconds remaining.

Arrington will compete with Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter for playing time.

OrangeHoof
03-04-2010, 11:15 PM
seriously, for a minute there when i saw the thread title i thought i was finally having those famous flashbacks. . . .

Me too. I blinked twice and said "Didn't this already happen?"

Quick! Who's our quarterback? :lol:

xzn
03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
Josh clearly has a hard-on for this kid, I hope he can stay healthy and contribute on thirds downs and in the kicking game. As a USC fan I can tell y'all that he was the truth in Pac-10 play...

D1g1tal j1m
03-05-2010, 02:16 AM
groundhog day...

sneakers
03-05-2010, 02:51 AM
didn't we already have him?

CoachChaz
03-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Sign him cheap. if he plays, he can contribute on 3rd down...if he cant handle it...he gets cut again. Win/win for us

Dreadnought
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Sign him cheap. if he plays, he can contribute on 3rd down...if he cant handle it...he gets cut again. Win/win for us

Agreed. I think he is a stiff and a waste of time, but its a situation where if I am right it really costs us nothing but some of Mr. Bowlen's money, and if I'm wrong thats better still.

elsid13
03-05-2010, 10:51 AM
at #11 welcome CJ Spiller.

Ravage!!!
03-05-2010, 11:18 AM
i can't believe we signed this bum not once, but twice. . . . :lol:

:doh:

So did I. I thought someone brought back a thread from last season!

We really signed him again? I know he's supposed to be a good blocker from the backfield, but really?

Also, for those thinking this points to signs of NOT getting another RB, think again. Chances are high JJ doesn't even make the team.

T.K.O.
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
we will of coarse pick-up another back in the draft ,but i think this is a clear sign that we wont be going after any of the bigger name backs in fa.
which is also a good sign that we may be saving the big $$$ for the d-line !:elefant:

Dean
03-05-2010, 12:29 PM
we will of coarse pick-up another back in the draft ,but i think this is a clear sign that we wont be going after any of the bigger name backs in fa.
which is also a good sign that we may be saving the big $$$ for the d-line !:elefant:

Based upon last year's draft of Moreno I hope that we won't be going after a big name back but I don't see that this definitely precludes that move.

LTC Pain
03-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Bronco RB depth chart after this signing: #1 Moreno, #2 Buckhalter, #3 Hillis, #4 Arrington............