PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow...what would it take

Tebow4Ever
03-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to see what everyone really thinks about what tebow would bring to the table.If he was still around in the 2nd round I would take him.I think he would be a considerable upgrade over Orton.

claymore
03-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to see what everyone really thinks about what tebow would bring to the table.If he was still around in the 2nd round I would take him.I think he would be a considerable upgrade over Orton.

Put your helmet on I hear Top!

J/K Id take him in the 3rd or maybe 4th. Our issue IMO is all the issues we have already, why knowingly waste a pick on an experiment? Especially when our QB coach doesnt have any QB experience, NFL experience, etc...

Since we cant trust our QB coach to teach anything, because he has zero experience with QB's, it would lead to JMCD spending to much time on one area of the team. Which I dont want either.

Ziggy
03-04-2010, 04:26 PM
After both the senior bowl and combine turned into "The Tim Tebow" invitationals with the media, I doubt that Jacksonville passes on him in the 2nd. They may even throw thier 1st at him. Whether he can play or not, he generates a media frenzy wherever he goes. The game tickets, concessions, and jersey sales alone would probably pay for his contract.

underrated29
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
I like tebow but not before the 4th for OUR team....

If we were the old team, or a different team yes, but now our new scheme requires precision passing and timing. A surgeon type QB. Tebow, as much as I think he will be a badass is not that type of QB and therefore IMO does not fit our scheme as well.

Subsequently he should then not be looked at by us until at least the 4th rd. We have to many other pressing needs to fix before then....C,NT,and our 1st rdr.

dogfish
03-04-2010, 04:30 PM

nothing?

no, that's harsh. . . he's a talented athlete with fantastic intangibles and no pro position. . . if you buy that he's going to just change his throwing motion overnight and actually have it stick in pressure situations, after he's been throwing it that way for years. . . yea. . . i have some lovely swampland available real cheap. . .

even if his sanctimonious attitude and ungodly media hype didn't annoy me, i still wouldn't want him before the 4th round, because i don't see him making it in the NFL. . .

MileHighCrew
03-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow there are a lot of players in the second round I would want before Tebow.

Ravage!!!
03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
The kid is an amazing athlete. That goes without saying. He's an AMAZING athlete. But Mike Vick was an amazing athlete. Mike Vick would have been an AMAZING RB. So where do you play Tebow? Not at QB.

The vertical jump doesn't matter in the NFL QB position. I don't care that he can jump high. What matters is his throwing, and that is weak by NFL standards. That going to get you beat.

I love his attitude. I love his personality. I love his spirit. But you have to be able to throw the ball in the NFL.

tsiguy96
03-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Put your helmet on I hear Top!

J/K Id take him in the 3rd or maybe 4th. Our issue IMO is all the issues we have already, why knowingly waste a pick on an experiment? Especially when our QB coach doesnt have any QB experience, NFL experience, etc...

Since we cant trust our QB coach to teach anything, because he has zero experience with QB's, it would lead to JMCD spending to much time on one area of the team. Which I dont want either.

mcdaniels is already the QB coach, regardless of what his official title is. thats his specialty and what he is best with, he would not let someone else coach it.

CoachChaz
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Tebow needs to go to a team that has a QB in place, but also runs an offense that is suitable for him and can wait 2 years for him to be ready while learning under a good QB coach. I can think of 2 teams...

Minnesota and Denver.

Most kids i would be on board in saying his mechanics are screwed, but I have to be honest. If I've ever seen a player that I thought could correct himself and make the changes...it's Tebow. If we were to trade Marshall to TB and get their two 2nd rounders, I would draft him with one of them. As it stands now...I prefer to fill other needs.

Ravage!!!
03-04-2010, 05:00 PM
mcdaniels is already the QB coach, regardless of what his official title is. thats his specialty and what he is best with, he would not let someone else coach it.

And you know this....because????

arapaho2
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
The kid is an amazing athlete. That goes without saying. He's an AMAZING athlete. But Mike Vick was an amazing athlete. Mike Vick would have been an AMAZING RB. So where do you play Tebow? Not at QB.

The vertical jump doesn't matter in the NFL QB position. I don't care that he can jump high. What matters is his throwing, and that is weak by NFL standards. That going to get you beat.

I love his attitude. I love his personality. I love his spirit. But you have to be able to throw the ball in the NFL.

some one needs to inform orton about this

claymore
03-04-2010, 05:07 PM

Thats a recipe for disaster. McD has enough to do without babysitting his kid brother and a rookie QB.

Chris90210
03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
yea.......... about that

tsiguy96
03-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Thats a recipe for disaster. McD has enough to do without babysitting his kid brother and a rookie QB.

thats how it works regardless of who is the QB coach, mcdaniels specialty is the QB position, its what he is great at and will continue to do. him bringing his brother, well consider it more of an internship for his brother.

xzn
03-05-2010, 01:00 AM
I can't see him getting past Wayne Weaver in the second round, which makes it a moot point. FTR, I love him and agree with what Coach wrote about two years and the ability to pull it off. If by some miracle he lasted to our third round pick I'd have to really consider it even though it is a project.

Also, while he is learning he could contribute 5-10 plays a game in "Wild Horses".

sneakers
03-05-2010, 02:50 AM
eh, we'll probably trade next years 1st round pick to move up and pick him with the last pick in the 2nd round.

West
03-05-2010, 03:24 AM
That's a big FVCK no.