PDA

View Full Version : Trading DOWN

WARHORSE
03-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Atlanta has five of the top 67 picks. Our twelfth pick can probably gain picks 34, 48 in the second and 67 in the third. Would you trade our twelfth selection for that? I would think Atlanta might want to get back into the first to get Brohm, an OT, or a top CB.

Miami has our 12th for picks 32, 56 and 64. Would you do that?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 08:31 AM
nope. We have signed a large # of FAs that have plugged some holes. C, WR, WR, S, S, LB, LB...and I'm sure I'm missing sumthin. We've lost a few guys but we already have quite a few picks in this draft. A month ago I would have been agreeable to this suggestion, but not now. There are only so many roster spots. I'd trade back for 1 additional pick and then try to trade away our 3 #6s for a shot at a late 4th or early 5th.

claymore
03-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I personally believe we need a player from the top 15. I dont like picking this High, but when we do, I want a stud pony. There are 3-4 Players I like and think may fall to us.

So, No, I wouldnt do it.

Ziggy
03-23-2008, 10:24 AM
While I think a trade down could be beneficial to fill some holes, I think this team needs a top 15 talent in this draft. There are just too many possibilities for a big-time player in the top half of this draft. If the Broncos do trade down, I hope it is during the draft at the 12th pick and not before, to make sure that a guy like Mcfadden or Dorsey doesn't fall down to that pick.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm not opposed to trading back...just not for those picks.

If we did, I'd basically wanna package all of our 5th, 6th and 7th to get back into round 3 or 4 again.

shank
03-23-2008, 11:53 AM
im with you smilin. at this point i'd love to trade down a few spots for and extra 2nd or a 3rd and still have a shot at chris williams or jonathan stewart. the extra pick could then fill another hole, DT, WR, FB(schmitt), S...

broncohead
03-23-2008, 07:57 PM
We need a top 15 talent but there isn't one at 12 except Mendenhall and Stewart. I would rather trade back and pick an OT at the end of round 1 and have an extra pick. To me there really isn't that big of a difference between the tackles that will be there at 12 then at around the 20s. We could use a third rounder.

Drill-N-Fill
03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Picture this...if Mcfadden is availabe, dallas trades with us. We get chris williams and jonathan stewart/Mend.

lex
03-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Picture this...if Mcfadden is availabe, dallas trades with us. We get chris williams and jonathan stewart/Mend.

Williams wont fall that far. You might as well throw Dorseys name in the mix as well.

TXBRONC
03-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Atlanta has five of the top 67 picks. Our twelfth pick can probably gain picks 34, 48 in the second and 67 in the third. Would you trade our twelfth selection for that? I would think Atlanta might want to get back into the first to get Brohm, an OT, or a top CB.

Miami has our 12th for picks 32, 56 and 64. Would you do that?

Me personally I wouldn't, but you never Shanahan might .

Bronco9798
03-23-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm ready for the draft to get here and get over with. I think almost every scenario has been covered.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-23-2008, 11:37 PM
ya think?

WARHORSE
03-24-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm ready for the draft to get here and get over with. I think almost every scenario has been covered.

Has anyone mentioned us using our second rounder to get a player from KC at number five? KC can still get a stud OLineman at 12, while we could get a top tier DT at five.........................then Denver trades back into the first round using their first from next year...............?:D

Just thought Id ask.;)

Or what about trading down for Dallas' two first rounders and then trading them for Jared Allen................that been done?:confused:

lol...........