PDA

View Full Version : Opening of the: BBB

WARHORSE
03-03-2010, 01:38 PM
BRING IN BULGER BANDWAGON

Okay. I been thinkin about this.

I hope the Rams let go of Bulger cause I believe he would calm all of us a bunch.
Bulger isnt going to light the world on fire, but when was the last time you saw him play when he wasnt lookin at the ceiling of their dome, flat on his back?

If we get the line back to where it was two years ago, and protect the QB, Bulger can sling the ball.

He definitely can sling it more accurately downfield than Orton.

Whether he supplants Orton or not, I doubt cause he will be in his first year.

But by mid season, I sure would feel good knowing he was there vs Lefty.(Simms)

There are McNabb to St. Louis rumours going around. Spagnoloski learned under Reid and has an established relationship there.

I hope McNabb goes and Bulger gets cut loose.

Bring him to Denver.

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2010, 01:44 PM
No thanks

broncophan
03-03-2010, 01:47 PM
No thanks

What he said.............minus the thanks.....

yardog
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
BRING IN BULGER BANDWAGON

Okay. I been thinkin about this.

I hope the Rams let go of Bulger cause I believe he would calm all of us a bunch.
Bulger isnt going to light the world on fire, but when was the last time you saw him play when he wasnt lookin at the ceiling of their dome, flat on his back?

If we get the line back to where it was two years ago, and protect the QB, Bulger can sling the ball.

He definitely can sling it more accurately downfield than Orton.

Whether he supplants Orton or not, I doubt cause he will be in his first year.

But by mid season, I sure would feel good knowing he was there vs Lefty.(Simms)

There are McNabb to St. Louis rumours going around. Spagnoloski learned under Reid and has an established relationship there.

I hope McNabb goes and Bulger gets cut loose.

Bring him to Denver.

:beer:

dogfish
03-03-2010, 03:09 PM
man, i hate the offseason. . . . :lol:

SR
03-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I hate the offseason because it turns everyone in to a GM and it puts everyone in Madden mode.

Eff Bulger.

UnderArmour
03-03-2010, 04:15 PM
I hate the offseason because it turns everyone in to a GM and it puts everyone in Madden mode.

Eff Bulger.

So here's what we should do...
Sign Bulger. Sign Shaun Alexander. Sign Arnaz Battle. Sign Antonio Bryant. Trade Bulger and Arnaz Battle to the Rams for their #1 overall pick. Trade Shaun Alexander and Antonio Bryant to the Bucs for their #3 overall pick. Then trade the #1 pick and a 4th to the Colts for Peyton Manning and their first round pick. Then trade the Colts first round pick to the Patriots for 2 second rounders.

Championship.
:beer:

Italianmobstr7
03-03-2010, 04:17 PM
**** marc bulger!!!

T.K.O.
03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
"the bulge" as my buddy the rams fan calls him,has sucked beans since he got his 62 mil contract.
i would rather take a chance on a guy like tebow than have ol' pegleg in the orange and blue:salute:

Poet
03-03-2010, 04:42 PM
It's a viable move if he is released. He was once a very, very good QB and when his offensive line went so did his health and production. Is he going to be the same guy he was? No. Was he ever an superstar QB? No. Could he do some things on the field that Orton can't? Maybe, and that's worth finding out.

dogfish
03-03-2010, 04:46 PM
i think we should get kyle boller. . . .

Poet
03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
i think we should get kyle boller. . . .

That's not even comparable and you know it. Bulger at one point in time was worthy of making the Pro Bowl and had several impressive seasons.

Kyle Boller...was a favorite player amongst Bengal, Steeler and Brown fans.

Italianmobstr7
03-03-2010, 05:01 PM
It's a viable move if he is released. He was once a very, very good QB and when his offensive line went so did his health and production. Is he going to be the same guy he was? No. Was he ever an superstar QB? No. Could he do some things on the field that Orton can't? Maybe, and that's worth finding out.

If you like him so much take him in Cincy. Bulger sucks. He better not ever be a Bronco.

dogfish
03-03-2010, 05:03 PM
That's not even comparable and you know it. Bulger at one point in time was worthy of making the Pro Bowl and had several impressive seasons.

Kyle Boller...was a favorite player amongst Bengal, Steeler and Brown fans.

i think they're the same player now, that's what i'm saying. . .

name any journeyman stiff you want, and i don't think bulger's value is significantly higher. . . yea, he had some good years and showed he can play. . . he's beat down now, though-- he's taken too many hits behind a horrible line, he's ruined. . . dude won't stand up in the face of the rush any more. . .

besides, he's fragile and doesn't have any great physical skills, and his only proven production happened under a coach who's famous for getting maximum production out of even low-talent passing games-- on a team with an offensive machine already in place. . .

it's always possible that mcD could coax another couple of good years out of him-- of course, you can also say it's possible that josh could coax another pro bowl year out of derek anderson. . .

ultimately, i don't think there's anyone out there in FA (other than maaaaybe pennington if his shoulder is healed), who's going to come in and realistically be a better option than orton-- especially because a guy like bulger is from a completely different offensive scheme and would have to re-learn everything. . . i'd rather take my chances with the younger orton in his second year of mcD's system. . . .

IMO drafting a QB and trying to develop him behind orton for a year or two is our best option. . . i wouldn't hate bringing in a second vet to compete and provide some more experienced depth, but i really think the odds of bringing in a vet and getting better performance than what we got from orton this year aren't very good at all. . .

TXBRONC
03-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Eff Bulger.

I have nothing against Bulger but the guy has had crap beat out of him the past few seasons so I concerned he doesn't have anything left in the tank.

So War like the others I say no.

TXBRONC
03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
"the bulge" as my buddy the rams fan calls him,has sucked beans since he got his 62 mil contract.
i would rather take a chance on a guy like tebow than have ol' pegleg in the orange and blue:salute:

No thanks on Tebow as well.

Lonestar
03-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Not only NO but

HELL NO!!

Magnificent Seven
03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Tim Tebow is my target!

HORSEPOWER 56
03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Lets just draft somebody. Regardless of what the talking heads think, I think there's a ton of talented QBs in this draft. No, there's no clear-cut Peyton Manning, but there are ton of guys that could be great one day.

Bradford, Clausen, Tebow, Lefevour, Skelton, Pike, Snead, McCoy, hell even Zac Robinson - I'd be happy with ANY of those guys. All have the physical abilities that Orton lacks and all displayed the ability to be FIELD GENERALS in college.

Bulger isn't the answer. The only guy we could possibly get that's not a draft pick and is a definite improvement over what we have (Orton) would be either McNabb, Kolb, or Vick and i just don't think we'll be going after any of them.

A guy like David Carr wouldn't be bad to take over for Simms as the backup, but I think Brandstater has that job this year with whoever we draft rounding out the roster after Simms is released.

Shazam!
03-03-2010, 10:10 PM
War, youre ****ing crazy.

WARHORSE
03-03-2010, 10:21 PM
TOO BAD.

Im bringin him.

Chrissy has to go, and i think Bulger comin off the bench to play with an Oline that can actually protect him will light a fire under him.

Hell with all ya'll.

Think I aint willin to stand on it?

KISS DA BABY!

heh heh

B R O N C O S BABY!

And yes, I'll be an offseason GM till gameday, suckas.:D

nevcraw
03-03-2010, 11:19 PM
lol @ all these people saying no to bulger but willing to keep Orton.. Neither = championship. Atleast Bulger can wing it.
Bring him in and let the 2 QB's battle it out for the right to take us to 9-7.

turftoad
03-03-2010, 11:22 PM
lol @ all these people saying no to bulger but willing to keep Orton.. Neither = championship. Atleast Bulger can wing it.

Nev, didn't you know that Orton is the savior? :D

WARHORSE
03-03-2010, 11:33 PM
After the first season they had Jackson, in which Bulger had a 28 -8 TD/INT ratio, their offensive line has been a sieve ever since, and theyve had no receivers.

I think Bulger can do ok here.

turftoad
03-04-2010, 12:03 AM
After the first season they had Jackson, in which Bulger had a 28 -8 TD/INT ratio, their offensive line has been a sieve ever since, and theyve had no receivers.

I think Bulger can do ok here.

I totaly agree War.

TXBRONC
03-04-2010, 12:25 AM

I don't think Orton is long term solution but it doesn't sound like we would really be gaining any ground by bring in Bulger. At one time Bulger could wing it but do you really think he still wing it after the beating he's taken over the last few years?

Italianmobstr7
03-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Orton>Bulger

Dirk
03-04-2010, 06:59 AM
No to Bulger.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at Orton's production this year. Second year in the system, playbook opened up, Oline shored up a bit. Yeah, Orton will be fine this year.

Mike
03-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Orton>Bulger

Both fail if the Broncos don't fix the line. Besides why get another stop-gap? We already have one.