PDA

View Full Version : Bret "Hit Man" Hart vs. Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 26

Magnificent Seven
03-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Yup! Bret Hart returns to WWE for the first time since 1997.

Two men, one ring and more than 12 years of bad blood. It all adds up to one of the most anticipated grudge matches in WWE history: Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Mr. McMahon.

The hemorrhaging of animosity between these two began on Nov. 9, 1997. It was then, at Survivor Series in Montreal, that the then-WWE Champion Hart faced Shawn Michaels as The Chairman looked on at ringside. With the bout underway, HBK locked the “Hit Man” into Hart’s signature submission hold, The Sharpshooter. While Hart never submitted, the referee nonetheless ordered the bell to be rung and the title awarded to Michaels, all of which had been orchestrated by Mr. McMahon.

The “Montreal Screwjob,” as it has henceforth been known, left Hart filled with rage, especially toward The Chairman. For his part, however, Mr. McMahon has made no apologies, almost seeming to revel in his duplicity.

The situation remained at a stalemate until Jan. 4, when Hart agreed to act as special guest host of Raw in hopes of gaining “closure.” It was during the historic broadcast that the WWE Hall of Famer managed to make peace with Michaels. It was also when Mr. McMahon’s treachery continued. After praising his longtime nemesis, The Chairman betrayed Hart, kicking him and leaving him writhing on the canvas. In subsequent weeks, Mr. McMahon would berate and, with help from Batista, actually spit in the face of Hart.

Now, it’s time for more than a decade’s worth of frustration, resentment and pent-up rage to culminate on The Grandest Stage of Them All in a match the WWE Universe may have never thought they’d see, but always hoped to witness. Will The Excellence of Execution be able to unscrew what’s been done to him? Or will The Chairman continue to make Hart suffer?

Ravage!!!
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
anyone really still watches this stuff???

KCL
03-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I like the Hitman...sad about his brother.

Devilspawn
03-02-2010, 09:07 PM
anyone really still watches this stuff???
It's stil the #1 cable program if I'm not mistaken. It beat the Olympics, before the hockey game.

I leave wrestling until January when they have The Royal Rumble, which is usually a pretty solid event. I follow it until a month after Wrestlemania, then I leave it alone until the Rumble again.

It's a joke, but it's a self depricating joke. They know what they are to those who watch it, and they play along. 99% of the matches stink, are predictable and leave you with an empty feeling, but the overall entertainment value leaves you satisfied. It's like as if the wrestling is the sideshow of the whole show.

I'm an 80s old school wrestling fan myself, back to the days of the NWA with The Four Horseman, The Road Warriors, Roddy Piper and The Midnight Express. Nothing Vince does today will touch that era.

Devilspawn
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Yup! Bret Hart returns to WWE for the first time since 1997.

Two men, one ring and more than 12 years of bad blood. It all adds up to one of the most anticipated grudge matches in WWE history: Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. Mr. McMahon.

The hemorrhaging of animosity between these two began on Nov. 9, 1997. It was then, at Survivor Series in Montreal, that the then-WWE Champion Hart faced Shawn Michaels as The Chairman looked on at ringside. With the bout underway, HBK locked the “Hit Man” into Hart’s signature submission hold, The Sharpshooter. While Hart never submitted, the referee nonetheless ordered the bell to be rung and the title awarded to Michaels, all of which had been orchestrated by Mr. McMahon.

The “Montreal Screwjob,” as it has henceforth been known, left Hart filled with rage, especially toward The Chairman. For his part, however, Mr. McMahon has made no apologies, almost seeming to revel in his duplicity.

The situation remained at a stalemate until Jan. 4, when Hart agreed to act as special guest host of Raw in hopes of gaining “closure.” It was during the historic broadcast that the WWE Hall of Famer managed to make peace with Michaels. It was also when Mr. McMahon’s treachery continued. After praising his longtime nemesis, The Chairman betrayed Hart, kicking him and leaving him writhing on the canvas. In subsequent weeks, Mr. McMahon would berate and, with help from Batista, actually spit in the face of Hart.

Now, it’s time for more than a decade’s worth of frustration, resentment and pent-up rage to culminate on The Grandest Stage of Them All in a match the WWE Universe may have never thought they’d see, but always hoped to witness. Will The Excellence of Execution be able to unscrew what’s been done to him? Or will The Chairman continue to make Hart suffer?
Bret Hart I believe had a stroke, so this will be a lesser version of the legend we knew, and I'm being kind.

Now Undertaker-Michaels II... :eek:

Buff
03-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I pretty much stopped watching wrestling after "The Montreal Screwjob". The WWF jumped the shark not long thereafter.

It's an interesting ploy to get me to watch again, but I'm reminded of a 60 year old Ric Flair trying to convince us that he could still hack it at the end of his career with his droopy pecs and leathery skin. Plus, Vince McMahon is not a wrestler.

Magnificent Seven
03-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I heard some rumors about Stone Cold Steve Austin. He might be the special guest referee for Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Vince McMahon match at WrestleMania.

Just wanted to share some news.

sneakers
03-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I wish Shane McMahon was wrestling instead, that guy would do some crazy stuff....remember that match he had vs Kurt Angle where he was suplexed through the glass?

Magnificent Seven
03-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I wish Shane McMahon was wrestling instead, that guy would do some crazy stuff....remember that match he had vs Kurt Angle where he was suplexed through the glass?

Yeah! That match was taken in King of the Ring '01.

GEM
03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
My sister is taking my Aunt Peggy to the wrestling thing Friday night. :laugh: My Aunt is mentally retarded and she loves her wrestling. :laugh: What I wouldn't give to go watch Peggy watch wrestling. She gets all pissed off if one of "her wrestlers" loses. Cusses up a storm. I love the shit out of her, she's about the realest person I've ever met and she don't hold back.

Dirk
03-21-2010, 06:45 AM
I would watch this if I was guaranteed that Bret would "shoot" on Vinnie Mac and beat the hell out of him for real. :lol:

Gamechanger
03-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Bret Hart I believe had a stroke, so this will be a lesser version of the legend we knew, and I'm being kind.

Now Undertaker-Michaels II... :eek:

he did, a moto accident in Italy IIRC

speaking of that (Taker-Michaels II), that should really steal the show again

I think its Michaels last match, many rumors of him retiring are starting to pick up

and if anything, "the streak" is the last thing that should be taken away from WWE, that has become the staple of Wrestlemania

Northman
03-26-2010, 02:55 PM
How many titles does Triple H have now? Last i heard it was like 11 or 12.

GEM
03-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Just an update, if anyone cares.

Peggy went to her wrestling show here a couple weeks ago. My sister said she went nuts. :laugh: Shawn Michaels came out and apparently she lost her marbles (she adores HBK, she says it's the long hair :laugh: ) I haven't seen her face that lit up in awhile. Small things to make someone's day. Her life is pretty boring so something like that is fantastic.

claymore
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Just an update, if anyone cares.

Peggy went to her wrestling show here a couple weeks ago. My sister said she went nuts. :laugh: Shawn Michaels came out and apparently she lost her marbles (she adores HBK, she says it's the long hair :laugh: ) I haven't seen her face that lit up in awhile. Small things to make someone's day. Her life is pretty boring so something like that is fantastic.

Kinda like me and the Broncos. :D

GEM
03-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Kinda like me and the Broncos. :D

Clay, she wouldn't even go crazy and hurt you like most retarded people that scare you!! :lol:

claymore
03-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Clay, she wouldn't even go crazy and hurt you like most retarded people that scare you!! :lol:

Thats good to know Gem. Ive been beat like a rented mule by one already.

GEM
03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Thats good to know Gem. Ive been beat like a rented mule by one already.

I wish you would have got that on tape. Only imagining it, I am laughing!!

KCL
03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
i pretty much stopped watching wrestling after "the montreal screwjob". The wwf jumped the shark not long thereafter.

It's an interesting ploy to get me to watch again, but i'm reminded of a 60 year old ric flair trying to convince us that he could still hack it at the end of his career with his droopy pecs and leathery skin. plus, vince mcmahon is not a wrestler.

lmao!

Gamechanger
03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Wrestlemania deserves a B+

there was some yawner matches but the Main Event delivered once more

Magnificent Seven
03-28-2010, 11:04 PM
HBK vs. Undertaker match was really amazing.

Devilspawn
03-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I gave it a B+ but man that Bret-McMahon match/storyline was painful to watch.

Magnificent Seven
03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
The video package aired highlighting the near 13-year history between Hart and McMahon. The no holds barred match is next. Bret makes his walk to the ring. Mr. McMahon comes out and stops at the top of the entrance. He has a microphone. He says it's time for a good WrestleMania-sized screwing. He tells him to remember: "Bret screwed Bret and Vince screwed Bret. And now Vince and your entire family screwed Bret." Out come Hart's entire family and apparently Vince paid them off to assist him tonight in this no holds barred match. Bruce Hart is going to be the referee. He hugs Vince. The rest of the Hart family is apparently serving as LumberJacks. Bret gets a mic. He says he can't believe all of his family agreed to this. Bret says he learned one thing from the Montreal Screwjob: nothing is sweeter than a good double-cross. He tells Vince his family is stronger than ever. He says they told him ahead of time that he was paying them off, but in reality they are all on his side. Vince does the big gulp. Bret says tonight will be remembered as the night Bret screwed Vince. The bell rings and the match begins. Bret knocks Vince to the floor immediately and his cover-ups, I mean, family members all go to work on Vince. Bret takes a breather in the ring and watches on. They beat on Vince for quite a while and eventually toss him back in the ring for Bret. Bret goes to work on Vince's leg. He throws Vince back to the floor and the family goes to work on him again. Vince has a tire iron and goes after Bret in the ring. Bret avoids it and knocks Vince down. Bret grabs the tire iron and beats down Vince with it. Bret sets up the Sharpshooter in the ring but decides against it. He beats on Vince with the tire iron some more and then sets it up again. Or so we thought, instead he just kicked him in the groin. Bret opens a chair in the ring and just sits down. He's waiting for Vince to get up. He folds the chair back up and blasts Vince in the back with it. And again. Crowd chants for one more and he obliges. Now he's just beating the crap out of him repeatedly with the chair. Bret finally puts the Sharpshooter on Vince and he taps out immediately. The crowd went crazy.

Gamechanger
03-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I gave it a B+ but man that Bret-McMahon match/storyline was painful to watch.

it was a laugh and a half to me, for some reason (and i just don't know why) Vince can really sell an ass serving

HBK vs. Undertaker match was really amazing.

I agree, it's going to be match of the year and well deserved, however, I wish it had a better ending than just a slap to face

that last Tombstone looked brutal though

shank
03-29-2010, 01:53 AM
lol you guys

Devilspawn
03-29-2010, 01:56 AM
it was a laugh and a half to me, for some reason (and i just don't know why) Vince can really sell an ass serving
yeah he was on Larry King a few years back and said he loves being the bad guy who gets his due in the end. I never preferred his brand of wrestling but I have to admit, I love his Mr. McMahon character.

I agree, it's going to be match of the year and well deserved, however, I wish it had a better ending than just a slap to face

that last Tombstone looked brutal though
Yeah that was kinda corny. It was their second best match between them I think, but still a 10. Last year's Wrestlemania was their best. Their Hell in the Cell match falls in the middle.

One thing about the WWE now that they're doing so well is the 1-2-.......NO! Two and nine tenths. Nowadays finishers aren't set in stone. Undertaker has 4 different finishers and last year Michaels escaped/kicked out of all variations. Most of the time we know when someone will kick out, but if they time it right, it can leave you with a slight rush. Chris Jericho and Jeff Jarrett were the best at this at one point.

shank
03-29-2010, 02:05 AM
who wants to talk about santa, the easter bunny, or yo gabba-gabba?

where do babies come from?

sneakers
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I still like TNA wrestling much better