PDA

View Full Version : New Call of Duty/Infinity Ward News

Shazam!
03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking this all new one will be a GRAW type game?

Article-

New Call of Duty Title Announced
New game set for 2011, Treyarch confirmed to develop title for 2010.
by Jim Reilly
IGN

March 2, 2010 - Activision has announced Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed studio led by former Visceral Games executives Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey, will develop a new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

The publisher also confirmed it will release another Call of Duty title in 2011, but it's unclear if this is the same title Sledgehammer is currently working on or if it's in development by another studio.

The company also confirmed Treyarch is handling development on the Call of Duty title to be released this fall. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward is still set to develop and release the first two downloadable map packs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

"2010 will be another important year for the Call of Duty franchise," stated Mike Griffith, President and CEO of Activision Publishing. "In addition to continued catalog sales, new downloadable content from Infinity Ward and a new Call of Duty release, we are excited about the opportunity to bring the franchise to new geographies, genres and players."

Activision also says it's looking to expand the franchise with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business. This includes looking at "high-margin digital online content" and taking the series to "new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

The company has also had "discussions with a select number of partners" to bring the franchise to Asia, one of the fastest growing online multiplayer regions.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1073468p1.html

I dont think the heads at Infinity Ward were happy with a new direction. With all the success of the franchise, I cant blame them. Couldve even been something with Treyarch's Fall 2010 title (CoD- Vietnam).

ARTICLE-

Report: Trouble Brewing At Developer Infinity Ward
Studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella reportedly let go.
by Jim Reilly
IGN

March 1, 2010 - Famed Call of Duty developers Infinity Ward appear to be in some serious trouble with publisher Activision.

G4 reports a source close to the situation saying "a bunch of bouncer-types" showed up unexpectedly earlier tonight at the Los Angeles-based studio and refused to explain why they were there. The mood at the office during that time was described as "freaked out" and "confused." Details about what exactly went on tonight have yet to surface, however.

Two names being tossed around are Infinity Ward heads Vince Zampella and Jason West, both of whom were not seen by the rest of the staff throughout the day as they reportedly met with Activision this morning.

While there have been no confirmed reports of layoffs at this time, West's professional LinkedIn profile suggests he has been let go.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1073302p1.html

Activision Confirms Infinity Ward Departures
Jason West and Vince Zampella replaced.
by Jim Reilly
IGN

March 2, 2010 - Along with announcing a new Call of Duty title, Activision has confirmed reports that Infinity Ward studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella are no longer with the company. No other firings have been announced.

Both Zampella and West reportedly held private meetings with Activision yesterday while security unexpectedly entered the studio late last night. Questions arose this morning about Zampella and West's continued employment with Infinity Ward when LinkedIn profiles for both were updated to show they were no longer working there.

While no details were given about their departure, it's believed they were part of an internal HR investigation into breaches of contract and insubordination, according to Activision's SEC filing from yesterday.

Activision Publishing executives Steve Pearce and chief technology officer Steve Ackrich will lead Infinity Ward on an interim basis. Philip Earl, who currently runs Activision Publishing's Asia Pacific region, will lead the Call of Duty business unit at Activision.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1073302p1.html

This could be the end of the road for CoD as we know it...

Elevation inc
03-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Modern warfare 2 was the end of COD...to many glitches and they took to long to fix em....the game has become stale.....the game simply put is Campers, noob tubers, Heartbeat sensors....end game.....

the new map packs may help.....but the glitches were horrible....

claymore
03-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Modern warfare 2 was the end of COD...to many glitches and they took to long to fix em....the game has become stale.....the game simply put is Campers, noob tubers, Heartbeat sensors....end game.....

the new map packs may help.....but the glitches were horrible....

I hear this all the time, but I just dont see it. I thought COD4 was much worse.

The multiplayer portion of the game has improved so much maybe Im blinded by everything.

Its nice that I can shut my PS3 off at night and not worry about waiting to connect to a game for 6 hours the next day.

BroncoAV06
03-03-2010, 09:04 PM
I enjoy the hell out of online play. Considering my xbox live ran out a few days ago...stuff for my SRT-4 or xbox live?

I have been waiting forever for new maps.

Elevation inc
03-04-2010, 04:24 AM
I hear this all the time, but I just dont see it. I thought COD4 was much worse.

The multiplayer portion of the game has improved so much maybe Im blinded by everything.

Its nice that I can shut my PS3 off at night and not worry about waiting to connect to a game for 6 hours the next day.

i cant stand COD 4 either.....maybe i just suck to much:lol:

claymore
03-04-2010, 07:40 AM
i cant stand COD 4 either.....maybe i just suck to much:lol:

I love COD4 but the IW screwed us with their code. If I wanted to play online, I had to turn on my PS3 at 6AM connect. It was usually good to go 12 hours later when I got home.

If I took a power hit, I was screwed.

BTW, I got on te other day (COD4) and it was like playing with 2 year olds. I dominated and got all kinds of freind requests. I wonder if all the good players left, or if it is actually easier.

Elevation inc
03-04-2010, 08:29 AM
I love COD4 but the IW screwed us with their code. If I wanted to play online, I had to turn on my PS3 at 6AM connect. It was usually good to go 12 hours later when I got home.

If I took a power hit, I was screwed.

BTW, I got on te other day (COD4) and it was like playing with 2 year olds. I dominated and got all kinds of freind requests. I wonder if all the good players left, or if it is actually easier.

lol

i also think the glitches have been worse for XBOX than PS3....not the glitch itself but the number of people using them....

claymore
03-04-2010, 08:56 AM
lol

i also think the glitches have been worse for XBOX than PS3....not the glitch itself but the number of people using them....

Ive said this elseware, but walking in and finding 2-4 glitchers cheating is like walking in on a gay orgy. It makes me feel dirty.

Mike
03-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Ive said this elseware, but walking in and finding 2-4 glitchers cheating is like walking in on a gay orgy. It makes me feel dirty.

I ran into a couple of guys killing each other and using the respawn again and again to gain the killstreak reward. At first I didn't know what they were doing and then it dawned on me...so I started following them and kept killing the one not on my team. They both left the game. I just don't understand what is so fun about cheating on a computer game. Guys that get caught cheating ought to have their online playing revoked somehow.

claymore
03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I ran into a couple of guys killing each other and using the respawn again and again to gain the killstreak reward. At first I didn't know what they were doing and then it dawned on me...so I started following them and kept killing the one not on my team. They both left the game. I just don't understand what is so fun about cheating on a computer game. Guys that get caught cheating ought to have their online playing revoked somehow.

Its become kind of a game within a game to find the Boosters. There are some excellent maps out there with the most popular spots. Here is a sandy ravage video of him Booster hunting.

_iuB3tqMrpA

Shazam!
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
I personally like campaign modes first and coop modes. The emphasis of massive vs. matches on maps just gets old after awhile and takes too much away from the game as a whole.

Another reason I like Halo best. Perfect blend.

Shazam!
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Speculation is they approached EA for the new Medal of Honor moden warfare-esque franchise and that was breach of contract.

Infinity Ward Founders File Lawsuit Against Activision
Jason West and Vince Zampella sue over unpaid royalties.
by Jim Reilly
IGN

March 4, 2010 - The founders of Infinity Ward, Jason West and Vince Zampella, have filed a lawsuit against Activision today in a Los Angeles County Superior Court over "substantial royalty payments" the two were to be paid weeks before they were fired from the company.

"Activision has refused to honor the terms of its agreements and is intentionally flouting the fundamental public policy of this State (California) that employers must pay their employees what they have rightfully earned," said their attorney Robert Schwartz.

"Instead of thanking, lauding, or just plain paying Jason and Vince for giving Activision the most successful entertainment product ever offered to the public, last month Activision hired lawyers to conduct a pretextual 'investigation' into unstated and unsubstantiated charges of 'insubordination' and 'breach of fiduciary duty,' which then became the grounds for their termination on Monday, March 1st."

Activision confirmed reports of West and Zampella's firing earlier this week, though the company has yet to comment on why the two were let go. An Activision SEC filing from Monday points to "breaches of contract and insubordination" as the reason.

"We were shocked by Activision's decision to terminate our contract," said West. "We poured our heart and soul into that company, building not only a world class development studio, but assembling a team we've been proud to work with for nearly a decade. We think the work we've done speaks for itself."

"After all we have given to Activision, we shouldn't have to sue to get paid."

The lawsuit was filed to "vindicate the rights of West and Zampella to be paid the compensation they have earned, as well as the contractual rights Activision granted to West and Zampella to control Modern Warfare-branded games."

The suit also includes claims for breach of contract, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, wrong termination in violation of public policy, and declaratory relief.

IGN has reached out to Activision for comment.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1074211p1.html

Shazam!
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
GDC 10: EA Fires Back At Activision Over Infinity Ward Debacle
Electronic Arts' John Schappert calls the situation "dissapointing."
by Jim Reilly
IGN

March 10, 2010 - During a panel today at the Game Developers Conference, Electronic Arts' Chief Financial Officer John Schappert commented on the legal situation between rival publisher Activision and ex-Infinity Ward developers Jason West and Vince Zampella over Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Schappert called the situation "disappointing."

"I'm disappointed on a couple of fronts," said Schappert. "I'm disappointed because I think Jason and Vince, on the human side, are two great guys, I know them personally, they've done great things. And I think they're two of the best creative leaders in our space."

"And to think they're going to spending their future dealing with litigation and lawyers rather than crafting the next great experience," he added. "I don't think that's a win for them, I don't think that's a win for our industry. I think that's disappointment."

"I hope that they find a way to continue to make games and focus on that during this period."

Schappert also spoke highly of Modern Warfare 2, even though he said he doesn't believe there will be any winners from this legal battle.

"I think the other disappointing thing is, rivalries aside, Modern Warfare 2 is a great game. It's the biggest launch our industry has seen. It's a great franchise."

"Putting my consumer industry fan hat on, to think there could be some challenges with what's the future of that franchise. It doesn't feel like anyone wins when it's gotten to the point it's gotten to," he added

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1076451p1.html