PDA

View Full Version : General Manager Brian Xanders

Denver Native (Carol)
03-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Brian talks to Broncos tv about evaluating draft prospects at the 2010 Scouting Combine.

Under video & audio http://www.denverbroncos.com/

underrated29
03-01-2010, 03:41 PM
feed me.?
:behindsofa:

Ziggy
03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
The thing he stressed the most was character research. I'm guessing we can rule out quite a few players based on just that.

Ziggy
03-01-2010, 03:49 PM
feed me.?
:behindsofa:

He said the draft process started last March. He says that in the interviews the Broncos have researched a player's 1 or 2 biggest issues and hammer him hard with that right off the bat. He stressed character over and over again.

My take: Looks like this draft board will be similar to last year's except bigger. Look for the Broncos to take players with little to no character issues, good attitudes, team players with leadership, and intelligence.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
He also stated that medical is part of the process - if I understood correctly, if a player had been injured, something to do with them evaluating the injury, and the possiblity of a reoccurrence. I think that was the jest of what he said in regards to the medical evaluation.

T.K.O.
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
sounds like we are looking AT guys with medical or other issues.....maybe they are the only ones who will play for less than 60 mil in the uncapped year:laugh:
j/k
i do think we will see alot of holdouts in the spring across the league though.
i think it might be a very good year to trade out of the 1st all together and get multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks.as they will be easier to sign,especially with the big ? about 2011.
unfortunately we wont be the only team to have figured this out;)

Carl
03-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Look for the Broncos to take players with little to no character issues, good attitudes, team players with leadership, and intelligence.

Yeah! So lets draft Dez Bryant and Carlos Dunlap. There. Problem solved. I FIXED IT!!!:cool:

Elevation inc
03-02-2010, 04:36 AM
yep character risks will be taken in udfa...i.e. chris baker......

he wants previous team captains, known team leaders, players with good prodcution and work ethic.....

all our draft picks last year fit that mold.....also every player we drafted last year had a private workout with us.....

i belive we are allowed 30 private workouts before draft day.....its a good bet most of our draft will consist of players we privately worked out in the weeks prior to the draft