PDA

View Full Version : NFL Controversies

SR
03-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm posting this here because it has to do with the Broncos.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=yasinskas_pat&id=3304812

Out on an island

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen clearly backed coach Mike Shanahan when general manager Ted Sundquist was fired. Bowlen talked about a "dysfunctional'' situation and put all the power in Shanahan's hands. But Shanahan already had all the power and that wasn't good enough to get the Broncos to the playoffs last season.

Now, Shanahan has lost his insulation. If the Broncos struggle again, Shanahan will be the only one to point at.

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I hear that cash flow and layoffs are a problem right now in the Broncos organization. :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I hear that cash flow and layoffs are a problem right now in the Broncos organization. :laugh:

You SOB!:D

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:39 PM

I hear it's a problem nationwide.

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:39 PM
You SOB!:D

idiot. :cool:

LordTrychon
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM

But the Broncos shouldn't count....

It's not like it's a BUSINESS or anything....

BroncoJoe
blah blah blah.

Prove it.

DenBronx

i hear that gold dropped under 1000 per ounce. also that the american dollar is worthless.

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
idiot. :cool:

prove it.... You can't! Everyone has tried

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
blah blah blah.

Prove it.

you want the facts?

you cant handle the facts!

SR
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
The Magnum .500 is the most powerful hand gun ever made, bar-none.

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
the human head weighs 8 pounds.

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
i hear that gold dropped under 1000 per ounce. also that the american dollar is worthless.

So much for that stockpiling gold idea. :tsk:

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
The Magnum .500 is the most powerful hand gun ever made, bar-none.

more powerful than the .600 Nitro Express Magnum?

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM

platinum is reaching 1900 per ounce.

stock pile that!

SR
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM

Gold is still a great investment. I've got about two ounces of it.

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:46 PM
But the Broncos shouldn't count....

It's not like it's a BUSINESS or anything....

Lt.....the Broncos are on a seperate economy. Just because they pay their players absurd amounts of money doesn't mean they have it coming out their asses.

Hey wait a second....maybe they should take away some players pay in order to keep all the Joe Schmoe's on the books. Bye Cutler, we couldn't afford you. The Director of Penile Dysfunction needs a job.

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:47 PM
platinum is reaching 1900 per ounce.

stock pile that!

I'll stockpile that into pretty rings and necklaces and hold them all dear to my heart. :D

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I'll stockpile that into pretty rings and necklaces and hold them all dear to my heart. :D

typical female right there....

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:48 PM

It would be going to total waste sitting in a safe in my basement. ;)

SR
03-21-2008, 02:49 PM

No shit.

DenBronx
bowlen should get him some platinum crunks.

BOSSHOGG30
I hear that Pat Bowlen wants the white collar fans to go away and he wants the blue collar fans to come back. His idea to make this happen is the become as cheap as possible. I'm talking Minnesota Twins cheap. His idea is the white collar fans will be disguested to the point they leave. Once the white collars leave Pat Bowlen will lower ticket prices in which the Blue collar fans will be able to afford attending Broncos games.

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:51 PM
I hear that Pat Bowlen wants the white collar fans to go away and he wants the blue collar fans to come back. His idea to make this happen is the become as cheap as possible. I'm talking Minnesota Twins cheap. His idea is the white collar fans will be disguested to the point they leave. Once the white collars leave Pat Bowlen will lower ticket prices in which the Blue collar fans will be able to afford attending Broncos games.

blue collar fans get drunk and rowdy. :defense:

white collar fans look at you like your crazy if you even cheer too loud.

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
No shit.

I didn't say I'd ask your asses to buy it for me! That's typical woman....I'd buy my own.....just like the $400 ring sitting on my ring finger...that I bought. :-P

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:54 PM

If it would get Invesco looking like the old Mile High....I'm all for it! Friggen Invesco looked like Lambeau on Monday Night. And the Purple People Eaters dome in the snow.

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I didn't say I'd ask your asses to buy it for me! That's typical woman....I'd buy my own.....just like the $400 ring sitting on my ring finger...that I bought. :-P

white gold doesnt count.

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
white gold doesnt count.

Nah, this ones gold. But I haven't been shopping in awhile. :tsk:

LordTrychon
03-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Lt.....the Broncos are on a seperate economy. Just because they pay their players absurd amounts of money doesn't mean they have it coming out their asses.

Hey wait a second....maybe they should take away some players pay in order to keep all the Joe Schmoe's on the books. Bye Cutler, we couldn't afford you. The Director of Penile Dysfunction needs a job.

They should cut Cutler to afford me as their Forum monitor.

I could go around to various websites and bars so that I could report back about what people are thinking. The fan's insights into the game and the business is clearly an untapped resource in the NFL.

Two days later....

"Pat... about that Cutler move... maybe not a good idea."

:laugh:

SR
03-21-2008, 02:58 PM

You're bragging about a $400 ring? I shit $400 rings. :rolleyes:

GEM
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
They should cut Cutler to afford me as their Forum monitor.

I could go around to various websites and bars so that I could report back about what people are thinking. The fan's insights into the game and the business is clearly an untapped resource in the NFL.

Two days later....

"Pat... about that Cutler move... maybe not a good idea."

:laugh:

You mean you don't get paid for all the bs you put up with over on mania? I'm so happy you beat me out in the moderator pick. :phew: :lol:

GEM
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM

When you are a full time working single mom who gets nothing from the ex towards the kids...yea.

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM

you shit gold?

wow!

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 03:01 PM
When you are a full time working single mom who gets nothing from the ex towards the kids...yea.

make him bump his c/s checks up!

LordTrychon
03-21-2008, 03:01 PM
You mean you don't get paid for all the bs you put up with over on mania? I'm so happy you beat me out in the moderator pick. :phew: :lol:

Naw... i was just saying I'd need a raise to come here all the time too... and the Mane...

Maybe hit a few sports bars...

Yeah... I'd need a raise to do that...

:salute:

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm sure Beef would share his corner if times get too rough.

GEM
03-21-2008, 03:02 PM
make him bump his c/s checks up!

Haven't gotten anything from him in a year....I'd have to get something before I raised it. :lol:

DenBronx
03-21-2008, 03:03 PM

is that where he's been?

damn times are tough right now.

GEM
03-21-2008, 03:03 PM

His corner currently is the Hooters bathroom looking for johnsons in glory holes.....no thank you!

SR
03-21-2008, 03:04 PM

I'm just playing around. $400 is a car payment for me...that's a lot of money. I'm cheap too.

Hoshdude7
03-21-2008, 05:53 PM
:focus:

Watchthemiddle
03-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I haven't been keeping up with this "lay off", "cash flow" situation lately.....

Is it we (Broncos) are laying off coaches and promoting others from within?

If thats the case, are we going to be thin in the coaching area thus resulting in the one on one time needed with players and positions going to be limited?

Someone please clarify this problem...

TIA

Astrass
03-21-2008, 07:53 PM
blue collar fans get drunk and rowdy. :defense:

white collar fans look at you like your crazy if you even cheer too loud.

I cheered so loud at a Clipper game (the playoff year) I made people in front of me move to another section. Thought I'd throw that in there. :elefant:

Ricky
03-23-2008, 02:30 PM
:focus:

Be careful. Some get upset if you ask for a thread to not wander to their way of thinking.

sneakers
03-24-2008, 01:00 AM

I think it would be a first in the NFL if this was true....white collar people bring in a heck of a lot of money.

GEM
03-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I think it would be a first in the NFL if this was true....white collar people bring in a heck of a lot of money.

They may bring in a lot of money, but most of them are no fun at all. Bunch of stiffs who in most likelihood don't know a damn thing about the game and use it as a social meet, rather than what it really is.

We sat club level at the MNF vs. Green Bay game and quite a bit of the stiff sat at the bar watching the game rather than being outside and enjoying the real thing. Felt like telling them to stay home with a six pack and sell their tickets to people who really wanted to watch the game. :rolleyes: