PDA

View Full Version : Shanahans' new home a virtual stadium

Rogue
03-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Shanahans' new home a virtual stadium
By Margaret Jackson
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 03/21/2008 12:30:49 AM MDT

The sprawling ranch home Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan is building in Cherry Hills Village will have amenities that would make any kid's eyes pop.

Designed by Sall Residential Design Group, the 34,927-square-foot home includes a bowling alley and lounge, a poker room, a video-golf room, a racquetball court and a shuffleboard table, according to the building permit filed with Cherry Hills Village.

And that's just in the basement, where there also will be four bedrooms.

The main level includes two studies, a gallery, a music and living room, a gathering room, a dining room, a conservatory, a kids' arcade and playroom, and two bedrooms, including a master suite with his and hers closets.

There are six fireplaces; a 3,600-square-foot, six-car garage; a 2,150-square-foot guest house; a "wine residence" and guest house; a swimming pool; and two bridges.

Through a Broncos spokesman, Shanahan confirmed that he and his wife, Peggy, are building a new home that will be completed in about a year.

While large by any standard, the Shanahans' home doesn't quite measure up to the Aspen home of Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz and his wife, Princess Haifa. They put their 56,000-square-foot home on the market a few years ago for $135 million.

The Shanahans bought the 3.5-acre lot where they are building the home from Janet Elway for $4 million. So far, the cost to build the home is at least $7.6 million, according to the building permits.

"It's the most prestigious community in Cherry Hills," said Denver real-estate agent Rollie Jordan, who specializes in luxury real estate. "There are a lot of recognizable Denver names who live on the street."

During construction, the Shanahans are living in a nearby home that Shanahan sold to a friend in January for $16 million.

Shanahan, the Broncos' head coach since 1995 and the second-longest-tenured coach in the NFL, signed a three-year contract extension with the team last year. He is believed to be one of the best-paid coaches in the league, at more than $5 million a year.

ahhhh.....It's good to be the king....... :D

BeefStew25
03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
The John Elway Wing, The Terrel Davis Wing, The Shannon Sharpe Wing, and the Dale Carter commode.

powderaddict
03-21-2008, 09:33 AM
The sad thing is between coaching, scounting, GMing, taking over the media duties, planning the demise of Al Davis, and beginning preperations for world domination, he sleeps in a cot at Bronco headquarters 318 days of the year!!

MOtorboat
03-21-2008, 09:46 AM
The sad thing is between coaching, scounting, GMing, taking over the media duties, planning the demise of Al Davis, and beginning preperations for world domination, he sleeps in a cot at Bronco headquarters 318 days of the year!!

Dude...it's not about him. He's trying to keep his wife.

honz
03-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Holy hell! 34,927 square feet!?

weazel
03-21-2008, 11:52 AM
my first house was 800 square feet

lmao

OB
03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Dude...it's not about him. He's trying to keep his wife.

How the hell would you know how to keep a woman - just wondering :coffee:

And 35k sq ft - thats insane - I thought the broncos were having money issues - maybe we should start thinking like the big corps and start with chopping some fat off the top -

Im just jealous :tsk::tsk:

But seriously - who needs 35k sq ft to live in - really - that kind of shyt just really gets under my skin - over indulgence at its finest - :coffee:

broncosfanscott
03-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Designed by Sall Residential Design Group, the 34,927-square-foot home includes a bowling alley and lounge, a poker room, a video-golf room, a racquetball court and a shuffleboard table, according to the building permit filed with Cherry Hills Village.

And that's just in the basement, where there also will be four bedrooms.

The main level includes two studies, a gallery, a music and living room, a gathering room, a dining room, a conservatory, a kids' arcade and playroom, and two bedrooms, including a master suite with his and hers closets.

There are six fireplaces; a 3,600-square-foot, six-car garage; a 2,150-square-foot guest house; a "wine residence" and guest house; a swimming pool; and two bridges.

That is a lot of space. I mean if the house in on a 3.5 acre lot the what is the use of a six-car garage. Sick house and if you've got the money........why not?

Hobe
03-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Bet ya' it sucks compared to Bill Gates house! :heh:

Watchthemiddle
03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Sounds like that lifetime contract is paying off well for Shanahan.

Doesn't sound like he is going anywhere anytime soon...whether we have a 3-13 season or 8-8.

slim
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
His garage is bigger than my house.

BeefStew25
03-21-2008, 09:28 PM
His garage is bigger than my house.

Your ass is bigger than his.

broncosfanscott
03-22-2008, 02:17 AM
Bet ya' it sucks compared to Bill Gates house! :heh:

Bill Gates' house is totally sick.

Lonestar
03-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Perhaps he can re-do his contract and we can get back the employees we need..

Or he builds this house and he never gets to spend any time there, makes sense to me..

WARHORSE
03-22-2008, 05:25 AM

Huh....yeah.

True.

:coffee:

But I do like the scounting department the best..............

:coffee:

Scarface
03-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Where the hell is Zam? This article was written for him. He needs to get on his 10 speed and peddle his ass over here!

NorthernLights
03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Wow, just wow.

When I was in college, I worked a summer job on a 20K sq ft. house and got lost a couple of time. This dude has copper rain gutters put in around his entire house. I can't imagine a 37K sq ft. house.

Simple Jaded
03-22-2008, 10:26 PM
The House Marcus Nash Built......

Superchop 7
03-22-2008, 11:21 PM
On Andrew Mason drive.

DenBronx
03-22-2008, 11:37 PM
On Andrew Mason drive.

thats cold blooded. :lol:

Lonestar
03-22-2008, 11:48 PM
On Andrew Mason drive.

I think that is Drive over Andrew Mason!

Npba900
03-25-2008, 03:49 AM
Perhaps he can re-do his contract and we can get back the employees we need..

Or he builds this house and he never gets to spend any time there, makes sense to me..

Not to mention at over 34K Sq feet, its not really a home. But hey, one or two back to back loosing seasons, Shanahan could have allot of time to get to know his mansion.