PDA

View Full Version : Jordy Nelson

WARHORSE
03-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I wouldnt mind trying this beast out back at his original position: Safety.

Changed positions for the good of the team.

Hes also a Brandon Marshall type as a WR, and a great team leader.

6' 3" , 220 runs a 4.5

Jordy Nelson

Strengths: Is a tough, every-down receiver who plays hard every snap. Makes clutch catches. Makes tough catches across the middle, and always seems to find a way to turn short passes into big plays. Shows good vision to find running creases. Shows good leadership skills.

Weaknesses: Lacks speed to stretch the field and force cornerbacks to play "off" coverage. Must improve hand usage and technique to defeat jams and get into routes quicker. Lacks top athleticism to consistently get separation deep. Must become more consistent blocking downfield. Bottom line: Nelson is a fan favorite who improved each year and had a breakout senior season. He projects as an NFL possession receiver who makes catches in traffic and breaks tackles to turn short passes into big plays. If Nelson runs a great 40 in pre-draft workouts, he would shoot up draft boards. It should take him a year or two to produce on offense, but he is a good returner and should be a factor on special teams while he develops as a receiver.

If he doesnt pan out at safety, hes a good WR prospect, great character, leader.

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 05:59 PM
NO offense but this guy is a great WR. Maybe as disaster FS, or nickle back, but I'd ratherr have him catching passes.. O

lex
03-20-2008, 06:04 PM
NO offense but this guy is a great WR. Maybe as disaster FS, or nickle back, but I'd ratherr have him catching passes.. O

cosign

mclark
03-20-2008, 06:06 PM
He's a receiver all the way. He can catch in coverage. Draft him. Let him play. Throw him the ball. I want to draft him but he won't make it to the fourth round I don't think.

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 06:09 PM
He's a receiver all the way. He can catch in coverage. Draft him. Let him play. Throw him the ball. I want to draft him but he won't make it to the fourth round I don't think.

from what I saw of him at the combine I think your correct..

lex
03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
If we traded up for him, I wouldnt complain.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Overrated.

Let's draft him since he's white and call him the next Eddy Mac.

This guy makes Jeff Samardzija look sexy.

broncohead
03-20-2008, 06:44 PM
This guy impressed me during the combine. Not just his 40 but how he caught the ball. If he is there mid 3rd rd. we should seriously consider trading up if we don't grab a WR before that.

broncohead
03-20-2008, 06:48 PM
???????????

Go to NEW THREAD top left. should be there

fcspikeit
03-20-2008, 08:01 PM

IMO, Nelson is one of the safest picks in the draft... I have very little doubt he will be playing in this league 10 years from now. He will work his butt off to help the team win however he can.. He will probably never be a #1 WR in the NFL but there will always be a place for great character guys who are good teammates and hard workers..

Nelson is rated as a 3rd or 4th round pick. For his collage production he isn't rated vary high, therefore I don't see how he could be overrated? :confused:

You know what you will get with him. IMO there is vary little chance he could possibly be worse then what is expected of him. He has a lot greater chance of being the best WR in this class then he does the worst.

If I had a choice between Nelson and the runt DeSean Jackson, even in the second round, it would be an easy selection. Nelson would go in the 2nd round!

Requiem / The Dagda
03-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, you're not on my staff FC. :D

Rex
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Dream, did you actually see him play a game?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Dream, did you actually see him play a game?

Only a few, Big 12 can lick my wango.

Rex
03-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Only a few, Big 12 can lick my wango.

Translation: I have no idea what I am talking about, but I memorize Mel Kiper Jr. chat wraps and I use words like 'wango'.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Translation: I have no idea what I am talking about, but I memorize Mel Kiper Jr. chat wraps and I use words like 'wango'.

Nope, nice try. :]

dogfish
03-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Overrated.

Let's draft him since he's white and call him the next Eddy Mac.

This guy makes Jeff Samardzija look sexy.

yea, who really wants hard-nosed guys with solid athletic ability when you can overpay for some pansy who runs the 40 a tenth of a second faster?

nelson doesn't have an attitude or a sense of entitlement, and he'll actually block and catch the ball in traffic-- what a waste! he'll never make it at the next level if he doesn't learn how to act like a little primadonna bitch. . .

lex
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
yea, who really wants hard-nosed guys with solid athletic ability when you can overpay for some pansy who runs the 40 a tenth of a second faster?

nelson doesn't have an attitude or a sense of entitlement, and he'll actually block and catch the ball in traffic-- what a waste! he'll never make it at the next level if he doesn't learn how to act like a little primadonna bitch. . .

Like Dorien Bryant?

fcspikeit
03-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, you're not on my staff FC. :D

Sorry Dream, I like my team. You'll have to find someone else to play around on your staff :D

After DeSean Jackson gains at least 15 pounds to play in the NFL he will lose all his sex appeal. That is assuming he can put on weight? If he can't, It wont matter how fast he is, he will have a short carrier. At 169 he wont even be able to help out on special teams... He would get killed!

He has the chance to be a good wide out, IF he can put on weight and IF he can stay healthy... IMO, there just isn't as big an IF with Nelson...

Besides, if it is the speed we want, we should draft Chris Johnson... He is 197 and even faster then Jackson. He can also return kicks for us... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhUhLtAC_Ok

dogfish
03-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Like Dorien Bryant?

yea. . . bryant sounds like a punk from what i've read about him. . . it's becoming all too typical at the position, and it would be nice to get a guy who doesn't have that javon walker type of bullshit attitude. . . .

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 09:59 PM

Great response I have stated a number of times I would never draft a WR on day one and maybe not ever. It take way to much time to see if they develop and usually by the time they are worth a damn they are Ufa's

But if there is one kid I'd change my mind over this is the one..

underrated29
03-20-2008, 10:01 PM
well i wouldnt, but i am like DS i am 5'11 and 165, but he is surely strnger and faster. I guess thats why i play hockey in a mens league.

I like bosses boy- luke williams or whatever. HE is a go getter.

and i do agree that chris johnson looks to be our #2 pick for KR/RB

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 01:53 PM

No thanks. Gimme about 15 guys before this chump.

aberdien
03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't mind him.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't mind him.

If we sniff this turd any time before the fourth round, I hope he stays at Nate Jackson's shanty in Colfax.

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:16 PM

15 receivers? or just 15 players?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
15 receivers? or just 15 players?

Receivers!

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Receivers!

Not trying to start a fight, but really, i would be curious to see that list of receivers that you would truely draft before Jordy Nelson. If in fact that is who you are referring to... thread is hard to follow at a quick glance.

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:34 PM
well i wouldnt, but i am like DS i am 5'11 and 165, but he is surely strnger and faster. I guess thats why i play hockey in a mens league.

I like bosses boy- luke williams or whatever. HE is a go getter.

and i do agree that chris johnson looks to be our #2 pick for KR/RB

It is Luke Dillon

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Youre right. He is compared to none other than Brandon Marshall. However, no one is hurt by thinking outside the box, and no one has shown the league better than Bill Belichick how valuable versatile players are.

This is a copy cat league, and if this kid has the size, mentality, speed and vigor to play safety....why not? Not to mention the fact that its much easier to come in and make an impact at safety rather than WR.

Given, hes not played the position in a while, but its like riding a bicycle...........

I agree though, even as a WR, I wouldnt mind him. We need more of a redzone, deep speed threat though at that position, but I love the guy.

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 02:37 PM

:lol:

Dont be so cruel Swil.........

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Youre right. He is compared to none other than Brandon Marshall. However, no one is hurt by thinking outside the box, and no one has shown the league better than Bill Belichick how valuable versatile players are.

This is a copy cat league, and if this kid has the size, mentality, speed and vigor to play safety....why not? Not to mention the fact that its much easier to come in and make an impact at safety rather than WR.

Given, hes not played the position in a while, but its like riding a bicycle...........

I agree though, even as a WR, I wouldnt mind him. We need more of a redzone, deep speed threat though at that position, but I love the guy.

We run a west coast offense. We need at least 3 receivers who are good after the catch. Guys with speed are great, but to have a great west coast offense you need guys who can take a short pass into a long gain. I think Jordy Nelson is very good after the catch.

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
If it werent for a visionary Bill Walsh, John Lynch would still be throwin baseballs for the Florida Marlins.........

......OK well, probably not. But you know what I mean.

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
We run a west coast offense. We need at least 3 receivers who are good after the catch. Guys with speed are great, but to have a great west coast offense you need guys who can take a short pass into a long gain. I think Jordy Nelson is very good after the catch.

True, but we have Stokes, and I like it better if this guy can play WR and bring the wood from the safety position.

Also, three possession receivers in the West Coast is a limited version, and not our version. The deep threat is a positive.

BOSSHOGG30
03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I think we have to use our tightends more. Cutler seems to have a bond with Scheffler and I hope they put him on the field more unless Graham can learn to hook up with Cutler more because we are stacked at tightend and using the tightend really opens up things on the outsides.

aberdien
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Thump Belton!

dogfish
03-21-2008, 02:49 PM

nelson's 40 time was faster than james jones, and he seemed to work out okay for the packers-- for that matter, his 40 time was better than brandon marshall's, as well. . . . ask dream if he thinks those guys are chumps. . .

Lonestar
03-21-2008, 02:54 PM

That is not to say that he could not Play FS primarily and when they need a 3rd or 4th WR pop onto the field to confuse the issue. This guy is a tuff nut and the Eddie Mac kind a guy, I love to see on the field..

But it is all dreaming IMO because there is no way this kid is still on the board in the 4th..

lex
03-21-2008, 03:41 PM
nelson's 40 time was faster than james jones, and he seemed to work out okay for the packers-- for that matter, his 40 time was better than brandon marshall's, as well. . . . ask dream if he thinks those guys are chumps. . .

In high school Nelson could run a 100 m in under 10.7, which is pretty good. He seems to have better speed than acceleration. He can win battles with body position and he also has a chance to take it the distance if the opportunity presents itself...and he catches with his hands. Also, since he hasnt been at WR THAT long, we could stand to see improvement.

lex
03-21-2008, 03:47 PM

If we sniff this turd any time before the fourth round, I hope he stays at Nate Jackson's shanty in Colfax.

Hyperbole is not a winning argument.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 03:48 PM

Poor comparisons.

dogfish
03-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Poor comparisons.

i never meant to compare them-- just pointing out that timed speed isn't everything. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 03:53 PM
i never meant to compare them-- just pointing out that timed speed isn't everything. . .

Where did I say anything about speed?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 03:57 PM
James Hardy - Great WCO fit.
Malcolm Kelly - Another good option.
DeSean Jackson - Upside and return ability.
Marrio Manningham - Deep speed, playmaker.
Devin Thomas - One year wonder, but considerable upside - great leaper and blocker.
Earl Bennett - The "Catch and YAC" kid, phenomenal slot and outside upside.
Early Doucet - Has the ability to play the slot or #2.
Eddie Royal - Based on return skills and performance at Mobile and Indy.
Donnie Avery - Slot threat, returner.
Bubba Caldwell - Florida receivers scare me, but I like his bug eyes.
Harry Douglas - Productive and a return threat.
Limas Sweed - Wrist sucks balls, but has good upside.
Lavelle Hawkins - Jackson's partner in crime, same goes for him.
DJ Hall - Buttface attitude, amazing talent on a team that ran the ball.

That's not even talking about Adarius Bomwan, Dexter Jackson, the Kentucky Boys and some other prospects.

So, that was 15 off the top of my head, without having to look up some random guy.

I'm fine with Nelson as a fourth round option if some of those guys are gone -- but I don't know if he's justifiable in a trade up. I don't think so. You don't trade away value for a guy who doesn't stand out in any one particular way against some of those aforementioned players. That's why he's rated as a mid-round guy by almost everyone. If he was as ballin' as everyone thinks he is, different story.

lex
03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
James Hardy - Great WCO fit.
Malcolm Kelly - Another good option.
DeSean Jackson - Upside and return ability.
Marrio Manningham - Deep speed, playmaker.
Devin Thomas - One year wonder, but considerable upside - great leaper and blocker.
Earl Bennett - The "Catch and YAC" kid, phenomenal slot and outside upside.
Early Doucet - Has the ability to play the slot or #2.
Eddie Royal - Based on return skills and performance at Mobile and Indy.
Donnie Avery - Slot threat, returner.
Bubba Caldwell - Florida receivers scare me, but I like his bug eyes.
Harry Douglas - Productive and a return threat.
Limas Sweed - Wrist sucks balls, but has good upside.
Lavelle Hawkins - Jackson's partner in crime, same goes for him.
DJ Hall - Buttface attitude, amazing talent on a team that ran the ball.

That's not even talking about Adarius Bomwan, Dexter Jackson, the Kentucky Boys and some other prospects.

So, that was 15 off the top of my head, without having to look up some random guy.

I'm fine with Nelson as a fourth round option if some of those guys are gone -- but I don't know if he's justifiable in a trade up. I don't think so.

Jordy Nelson- good concentration/catches with his hand and in traffic, can return kicks, strong, good 40 time and better long speed...faster 40 than half the guys you listed and better long speed than 75% of the guys you listed, has upside as he hasnt been playing WR as long.

All those descriptions were great but dont explain why they are better than Nelson. Just saying Douglas was productive and can do returns doesnt really have a lot of traction...it doesnt say why he is better.

dogfish
03-21-2008, 04:07 PM

i guess i assumed that was your problem with him, which i probably shouldn't do. . . okay, so why do you call him a chump and a turd, then?

fcspikeit
03-21-2008, 04:19 PM

If this isn't about speed, why would you value Jackson over Nelson? If they both ran the same 40 time, everyone would be saying Nelson is the better pick.

He is bigger and can catch across the middle, He is known for running great routs and having great hands.

Besides the 40 time, what else does Jackson have that Nelson don't? Jarry Rice pulling for him?

The truth is, All Jackson has really going for him is speed.. If he ran a 4.5 he wouldn't even be drafted!

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 04:33 PM
The truth is, All Jackson has really going for him is speed.. If he ran a 4.5 he wouldn't even be drafted!

Give me a break. Lmao.

Gridironchamp
03-21-2008, 04:38 PM
If this isn't about speed, why would you value Jackson over Nelson? If they both ran the same 40 time, everyone would be saying Nelson is the better pick.

He is bigger and can catch across the middle, He is known for running great routs and having great hands.

Besides the 40 time, what else does Jackson have that Nelson don't? Jarry Rice pulling for him?

If he ran a 4.5 he wouldnt be considered the best return man in this draft. If he ran a 4.5 I doubt you'd even know about him, but he doesnt run a 4.5. Thats like saying if Jackson was as big as Nelson who would you rather have.

I agree i think Nelson will be a better WR than Jackson, but Jackson won't be pathetic...

G_Money
03-21-2008, 05:23 PM
I'm fine with Nelson as a fourth round option if some of those guys are gone -- but I don't know if he's justifiable in a trade up. I don't think so. You don't trade away value for a guy who doesn't stand out in any one particular way against some of those aforementioned players. That's why he's rated as a mid-round guy by almost everyone. If he was as ballin' as everyone thinks he is, different story.

You think there are about 18 guys better than Jordy, Dream?

Seriously man, watch him.

He's a 2nd tier guy, right below the top 5 of Hardy/Kelly/Thomas/Sweed/Doucet. Then you can start making arguments based on whether you like speed, or size, or attitude, or hands as the defining characteristic that bumps one of the second tier guys higher up and compensates for his weaknesses.

The argument against him is "not outstanding at anything and not really fast." Except he probably has the best hands in the draft, is big and tough to tackle, and plays smashmouth football with an attitude.

Other guys are faster. But the job of the WR is to get open and catch the damn ball. Jordy will catch the ball even if he's not open.

I can see the fears of people who think he might be another Mike Williams, but that's not his game or his attitude.

And Nelson will get BETTER. Several guys on that list aren't going to.

Let's put it this way - Nelson will be better than 10 or so of the guys you have rated higher than him, minimum.

Hopefully he's not showing us just how much better while wearing a Chiefs uni. (Of course, he'd need a QB to throw to him to actually make him dangerous, but still...)

I don't expect us to trade up for him, and I think we're more likely to go with Bennett, but Nelson's gonna be in the league a good long time as a #2 IMO.

~G

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll bet you five bucks Jordy Nelson stinks it up.

G_Money
03-21-2008, 06:14 PM
taken.

~G

aberdien
03-21-2008, 06:49 PM
If we want a receiver, get Will Franklin.

fcspikeit
03-21-2008, 06:55 PM
If he ran a 4.5 he wouldnt be considered the best return man in this draft. If he ran a 4.5 I doubt you'd even know about him, but he doesnt run a 4.5. Thats like saying if Jackson was as big as Nelson who would you rather have.

I agree i think Nelson will be a better WR than Jackson, but Jackson won't be pathetic...

My point wasn't ment to even the playing field by taking away Jackson's speed... It was said "Where did I say anything about speed?" I only ment to point out, if this wasn't about speed, Nelson is hands down the better WR...

The only reason anyone would ever draft a 169 pound WR is because of speed.. Hell, he's to small to even keep the bench worm for Nelson..

fcspikeit
03-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Give me a break. Lmao.

Are you honestly telling me you would draft a 170 pound WR with 4.5 speed?

Lmao indeed!

dogfish
03-21-2008, 07:17 PM

i'll take that as well. . . .

fcspikeit
03-21-2008, 07:57 PM

Define stink it up? and how many years does he get before he is considered a bust?

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 08:47 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ek0ANQ8bRfo&feature=related

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 08:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6B_VmbiR7o&feature=related

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
How about we do the "wide receiver curve" for 5 bucks for the deal?

You guys think Nelson is a #2 or starter quality, how about if he doesn't get 1,000 yards in one year by his third season, you owe me five.

If he does, I owe you five.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Are you honestly telling me you would draft a 170 pound WR with 4.5 speed?

Lmao indeed!

I was laughing at you saying that all Jackson had was speed; which is far from the truth.

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Jordy has some upside.

WARHORSE
03-21-2008, 08:56 PM
At least we know he can block...........AND pass.

Im thinkin he reminds me an awful lot like a certain white skinned haole boy who used to wear #87 around here.

Nice.

Id still like to see him at safety to see if he can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CLchhPPidY&feature=related

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Eddy Mac comparison. Yeah? What white receiver doesn't remind people of him?

G_Money
03-21-2008, 09:25 PM
If we want a receiver, get Will Franklin.

I love Will Franklin. Good hands, good size, really fast, good attitude...he needs route work but is a willing blocker.

He's just raw. I would be satisfied with Will Franklin.

But I like Nelson more. :coffee:

~G

aberdien
03-21-2008, 09:41 PM
And running by Aqib Talib is really no big deal.

Mo Purify did that too, but doesn't make him an all-pro.

G_Money
03-21-2008, 10:32 PM
How about we do the "wide receiver curve" for 5 bucks for the deal?

You guys think Nelson is a #2 or starter quality, how about if he doesn't get 1,000 yards in one year by his third season, you owe me five.

If he does, I owe you five.

1000 yards isn't #2 quality. The last 3 years there have been 23, 19 and 20 receivers to cross a thousand yards. By my calculations that means that a third of teams don't even have a #1 capable of pulling a thousand.

Call it 800 yards I'd be looking for from a #2. He could have a thousand in this 2nd or 3rd year, but it depends on where he is. Who'syourmomma took 5 seasons to get a thousand yards, and I sure wouldn't call him a bust.

During his 3rd year, we're looking for 800+ yards and a quality #2.

Fair nuff?

~G

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 10:41 PM
You got it G! :beer:

lex
03-21-2008, 10:44 PM
1000 yards isn't #2 quality. The last 3 years there have been 23, 19 and 20 receivers to cross a thousand yards. By my calculations that means that a third of teams don't even have a #1 capable of pulling a thousand.

Call it 800 yards I'd be looking for from a #2. He could have a thousand in this 2nd or 3rd year, but it depends on where he is. Who'syourmomma took 5 seasons to get a thousand yards, and I sure wouldn't call him a bust.

During his 3rd year, we're looking for 800+ yards and a quality #2.

Fair nuff?

~G

You should add TDs into the mix too. If Nelson has 780 yards but 10 or more touchdowns, that should qualify as a success.

Lonestar
03-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Lets see can catch any ball, can go deep or over the middle, has moves after the catch, can punt return, was announced to have 4.3 speed, but ran past Aqib Talib almost like he was standing still. Can throw a pass play, Safety..

What is not to like about him? I'll take the kid in a heart beat, and this is coming from someone that thinks WR in the draft are a waste..

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Lets see can catch any ball, can go deep or over the middle, has moves after the catch, can punt return, was announced to have 4.3 speed, but ran past Aqib Talib almost like he was standing still. Can throw a pass play, Safety..

What is not to like about him? I'll take the kid in a heart beat, and this is coming from someone that thinks WR in the draft are a waste..

He does not have 4.3 speed. Lol.

Lonestar
03-21-2008, 11:24 PM

As I stated it was announced that he did. To run past one of the best CBs in the big 12 like he was standing still, means he has games speed..

REGARDLESS of his timed 40 speed is.. It is obvious you have staked your rep that he will be a bust..Stop the pissing contest..

Requiem / The Dagda
03-21-2008, 11:29 PM
As I stated it was announced that he did. To run past one of the best CBs in the big 12 like he was standing still, means he has games speed..

REGARDLESS of his timed 40 speed is.. It is obvious you have staked your rep that he will be a bust..Stop the pissing contest..

It's not a pissing contest; he doesn't run a 4.3.

My view on one player doesn't put my rep up at stake. Lmao.

aberdien
03-21-2008, 11:30 PM

Talib got beat many times.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XAa0b4baKcY

About 45 seconds into that it talks about Mo Purify (mid 4.5 timed speed) and his big day against Kansas against Talib. So either Purify is underrated or Talib is overrated.

fcspikeit
03-21-2008, 11:48 PM
I was laughing at you saying that all Jackson had was speed; which is far from the truth.

Come on Dream, Of course Jackson can do more then run fast... What I ment was that without his speed he has nothing else that would make up for his lack of size. You know as well as I do, if he was a 4.5 guy at his size he would go undrafted..

Nelsen running a 4.5 at his size is impressive.. He is also known to run great routs and he has great hands..

Lonestar
03-21-2008, 11:51 PM
It's not a pissing contest; he doesn't run a 4.3.

My view on one player doesn't put my rep up at stake. Lmao.

Since you seem not to be able to read I'll repeat it one LAST time..

"As I stated it was announced that he did". Whether it is or not it does not matter..

Regardless of your dislike for the guy, many in fact most in this thread disagree with you prognostications..

Let it rest..

WARHORSE
03-22-2008, 02:03 AM

Maybe not, but he plays faster in pads than his 4.5 time.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.6

He didnt seem to have any problems running down the sidelines.

Depending on what team drafts him, I'll take you up on the fiver as well.

Cause if he goes to the Titans, hes not gonna sniff 200. :D

DallasChief
03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Talib got beat many times.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XAa0b4baKcY

About 45 seconds into that it talks about Mo Purify (mid 4.5 timed speed) and his big day against Kansas against Talib. So either Purify is underrated or Talib is overrated.

I vote that Talib is over-rated.

shank
03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
i'm all for it. i like jordy.

big, reliable, tough, blocks, hard worker, played different positions and does what's best for the team, high character, likeable, and not slow like people try and say he is. sounds like a perfect #2 to me and will be had in the 3rd-4th. do it.

Lonestar
03-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I vote that Talib is over-rated.

So how do you feel about Jordy?

Talib is not the real question.

DallasChief
03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
So how do you feel about Jordy?

Talib is not the real question.

As a K-State alum, I would be very upset to see him in a Broncos uniform. :D

WARHORSE
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
If we're talkin WR, once again I gotta bring out Jordy Nelson.

122 catches last year guys.

Over 1600 yds and 11 TDs.

Not to mention having great character.

I think hes a keeper, a Broncos type of WR.

Lonestar
04-12-2008, 01:47 AM
If we're talkin WR, once again I gotta bring out Jordy Nelson.

122 catches last year guys.

Over 1600 yds and 11 TDs.

Not to mention having great character.

I think hes a keeper, a Broncos type of WR.

I have stated before I NEVER want to draft another WR in Denver with the piss poor record mikey has had.. 1-14 I think it is and Marshall still may bust (head case)... The time it takes to develop a WR seems to negate any decent production out of them the first two or Three years..

Now that said. from what I have seen of this kid he would be the only WR I would take and I think he is a keeper past the 3 year mark in case it take that long for him to get in the groove..

WARHORSE
04-12-2008, 12:58 PM
I have stated before I NEVER want to draft another WR in Denver with the piss poor record mikey has had.. 1-14 I think it is and Marshall still may bust (head case)... The time it takes to develop a WR seems to negate any decent production out of them the first two or Three years..

Now that said. from what I have seen of this kid he would be the only WR I would take and I think he is a keeper past the 3 year mark in case it take that long for him to get in the groove..

This guy is the number one guy I would want out of all the WRs in this class.

Number one.:salute:

shank
04-12-2008, 01:24 PM
This guy is the number one guy I would want out of all the WRs in this class.

Number one.:salute:

me too. that's not saying i'd take him in the 1st lol, but if we had to take one wr in this draft, my vote would be jordy in the 3rd (get a 3rd!).

malcolm kelly may very well be around at our 2nd pick now... he was my favorite WR this offseason initially but have become soured on him with his 40 time antics... still, though, kelly at 42 would be very tempting.

TXBRONC
04-12-2008, 03:14 PM
To tell you the truth on day two of the draft I wouldn't mind if Denver selected either James Hardy or Jordy Nelson.

shank
04-12-2008, 03:41 PM
To tell you the truth on day two of the draft I wouldn't mind if Denver selected either James Hardy or Jordy Nelson.

my mind will be blown if hardy is there even at 42

turftoad
04-12-2008, 03:48 PM

Hardy won't or at least shouldn't be there on the second day.

Ziggy
04-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I'll be surprised if Jordy Nelson makes it out of the second round. He is solid all the way around. Great hands, precision routes, and good character.

TXBRONC
04-12-2008, 06:17 PM
my mind will be blown if hardy is there even at 42

From what I heard from Kiper he will be long gone before 42 pick. I'm just saying that from what I can gather those two seem the only wide receivers I would be willing to take a chance on.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-12-2008, 06:43 PM
In light of all the Malcolm Kelly, DeSean Jackson, etc. commotion; with receivers slipping; subsequently I'd have to say the people below them would slip in the evaluation process as well. The two big benefactors from the questions regarding some of the top receivers seem to be Hardy and Thomas. Some people have suggested the Ravens (who brought Thomas in for a workout) and the Bills could take Thomas as high as #8 or #11 respectively.

Once again, I know a lot of ya'll love Jordy - but with about 10 other receivers in that same area of value, I don't necessarily know what makes Nelson stand out more than (insert second to third round graded receiver here) - unless you think his skill set is what we need on this team.

shank
04-12-2008, 06:59 PM
that's the thing, i think jordy is the PERFECT fit for THIS team. he's a high character hard worker with sure hands, good size, and a willingness to block. he's the perfect denver #2 wr imo.

TXBRONC
04-12-2008, 07:28 PM
that's the thing, i think jordy is the PERFECT fit for THIS team. he's a high character hard worker with sure hands, good size, and a willingness to block. he's the perfect denver #2 wr imo.

The only problem is that while it's not impossible for a rookie wide receiver to start it probably wont happen because of the complexity of the offense. The only position on the offense where a rookie has very good chance to start is running back. That being said he still would be well worth a second day pick.

WARHORSE
04-13-2008, 01:32 AM
In light of all the Malcolm Kelly, DeSean Jackson, etc. commotion; with receivers slipping; subsequently I'd have to say the people below them would slip in the evaluation process as well. The two big benefactors from the questions regarding some of the top receivers seem to be Hardy and Thomas. Some people have suggested the Ravens (who brought Thomas in for a workout) and the Bills could take Thomas as high as #8 or #11 respectively.

Once again, I know a lot of ya'll love Jordy - but with about 10 other receivers in that same area of value, I don't necessarily know what makes Nelson stand out more than (insert second to third round graded receiver here) - unless you think his skill set is what we need on this team.

Speaking for myself, Jordy Nelson is ranked above all the other guys. Not in athleticism mind you, or top potential, but in what I would like out of a player, WR.

If all those other players were on the board when we picked at 42 and we wanted a WR, Jordy Nelson would be my pick.

He might not be a barn burner or the highest jumper, but I guarantee you he would be carrying a lunch pail.

I want that guy.

I know him.

I understand him.

I know what he brings to the table.

When the chips are down, hes the kind of guy who picks the rest up, and gets his hands dirty deep into the night.

Yes, his kids might be at home without dad for a day, but they will understand in the end why he was there.

JONtheBRONCO
04-13-2008, 02:31 AM
After watching this guy as WR, youtube has convinced me he is the MAN! I'd love to see him in a Bronco uniform... 2nd round, hopefully he is still there.

Ziggy
04-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Speaking for myself, Jordy Nelson is ranked above all the other guys. Not in athleticism mind you, or top potential, but in what I would like out of a player, WR.

If all those other players were on the board when we picked at 42 and we wanted a WR, Jordy Nelson would be my pick.

He might not be a barn burner or the highest jumper, but I guarantee you he would be carrying a lunch pail.

I want that guy.

I know him.

I understand him.

I know what he brings to the table.

When the chips are down, hes the kind of guy who picks the rest up, and gets his hands dirty deep into the night.

Yes, his kids might be at home without dad for a day, but they will understand in the end why he was there.

Warhorse, we agree on this one. That's the same reason I want Owen Schmitt. Let's toss out 40 times and put some old school mentality players on this team. Players with MOXY! I'll take heart over workout numbers every day of the week. We have enough athletes on this team, let's add some football players.