PDA

View Full Version : Will we see the mile high salute from Knowshon?

PKchamp13
02-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Obviously we can't get into his head and find out, but do you guys think we'll see the salute from Moreno down the road?

I'd also like to use my first post to say hi to everyone. Good to be apart of the board. :rapture:

Timmy!
02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I'd settle for him just scoring touchdowns for starters.....

broncobryce
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
No. If he does he will add something to it. Like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omxmnmRiDiA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omxmnmRiDiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omxmnmRiDiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Broncolingus
02-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I'd settle for him just scoring touchdowns for starters.....

"Ding, ding, ding! What do we have for him, Johnny?"

http://www.thedealis.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/liar021.jpg

(...JK, Timmah...)

broncobryce
02-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Whatever. He had 7 TD's in his rookie season. Same amount as Davis.

Timmy!
02-27-2010, 12:54 AM
:rolleyes:

Let me know when he gets that average over 4 yards, can hit an open hole, and break a couple tackles. I like Moreno and think he's going to be a stud, but comparing him to TD, at the moment, is silly.

Italianmobstr7
02-27-2010, 01:23 AM

Let me know when he gets that average over 4 yards, can hit an open hole, and break a couple tackles. I like Moreno and think he's going to be a stud, but comparing him to TD, at the moment, is silly.

I don't think he was comparing him to TD in entirety, just pointing out that just like TD Knowshon had 7tds in his rookie season. I love TD but he also had one of the best olines of all time. Give Knowshon that same oline and things may have been different. Just saying...

Timmy!
02-27-2010, 01:53 AM
I don't think he was comparing him to TD in entirety, just pointing out that just like TD Knowshon had 7tds in his rookie season. I love TD but he also had one of the best olines of all time. Give Knowshon that same oline and things may have been different. Just saying...

Agreed. If we can upgrade LG and C, I'd put $$$ on Moreno going for 1200 and 10 td's.

Broncolingus
02-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Agreed. If we can upgrade LG and C, I'd put $$$ on Moreno going for 1200 and 10 td's.

...I say guard, guard, guard!!!

Shazam!
02-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Those Salute days? Theyre gone.

Delgoth
02-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Will we see a salute from him? NO!! Not enough class to carry on such a great tradition. Are the days of the Salute over? NO!! Give Hillis a chance and we will see the salute again or give some one that respects the Broncos and we will see it again.

Italianmobstr7
02-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Will we see a salute from him? NO!! Not enough class to carry on such a great tradition. Are the days of the Salute over? NO!! Give Hillis a chance and we will see the salute again or give some one that respects the Broncos and we will see it again.

Are you calling Moreno classless because he doesn't do a celebration that was popular 10-12 years ago??? Or are you calling him classless because of the color of his skin becaus that's kind of what it seems like to me... You love Hillis and think he respects the Broncos because he did the Mile High Salute a few times? What makes you think Moreno doesn't respect the Broncos? Were the team who drafted him... Were Clinton Portis, Tatum Bell, Quintin Griffin, Olandis Gary and Correll Buckhalter all classless too? Please explain because I'm confused. If this wasn't a racist thing I'm sorry for calling you out but it definitely came across like it was to me...

Delgoth
02-27-2010, 12:11 PM
WOW!! If you think I am racist you really need to read my post's across all the message boards. I have supported BMarsh 100% even thought he should have taken out the glove to support Barack Obama and was disappointed when he was stopped. I simply think this organization is trashing the class act we used to have. It started during the end of the Shanahan erra and seems to continue. I am a soldier in the U.S. Army and I find the Bronco's Salute to be a tribute to all those that serve as well as a classy way to celebrate. I brought up Hillis only cause he is the only one I have seen Salute in the past few years. Now I might be mistaken and missed a person here or there but he does it on a regular basis.

Daniel Graham also Saluted. He is one who grew up a Bronco fan and respects the traditions of the Bronco's. I love watching him interviewed he knows the old timers as if he was a fan of the team and not just a player.

broncobryce
02-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Actually he had 9 td's counting receiving. Not bad.

Ravage!!!
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Are you calling Moreno classless because he doesn't do a celebration that was popular 10-12 years ago??? Or are you calling him classless because of the color of his skin becaus that's kind of what it seems like to me... You love Hillis and think he respects the Broncos because he did the Mile High Salute a few times? What makes you think Moreno doesn't respect the Broncos? Were the team who drafted him... Were Clinton Portis, Tatum Bell, Quintin Griffin, Olandis Gary and Correll Buckhalter all classless too? Please explain because I'm confused. If this wasn't a racist thing I'm sorry for calling you out but it definitely came across like it was to me...

Where did you get 'color of his skin' from at ALLLLL in that post!?!?!?!?!

Man it pisses me off when people want to make EVERYTHING racists. THIS kind of thing, is what makes people make comments and not care. Because no matter what they say, someone is going spin it, or USE the race card.

Ravage!!!
02-27-2010, 01:46 PM
OL or not.... we haven't yet seen much from Knowshon.

I personally don't see him giving the salute... but I do admit I liked HIllis giving it. Maybe thats racists

Ravage!!!
02-27-2010, 01:47 PM
No. If he does he will add something to it. Like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omxmnmRiDiA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/omxmnmRiDiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/omxmnmRiDiA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lets hope that doesn't happen

broncobryce
02-27-2010, 01:52 PM
He won the TD dance celebration for upperdeck. (rookies only). I think it looks cool. Let the man celebrate!

Italianmobstr7
02-27-2010, 02:45 PM
WOW!! If you think I am racist you really need to read my post's across all the message boards. I have supported BMarsh 100% even thought he should have taken out the glove to support Barack Obama and was disappointed when he was stopped. I simply think this organization is trashing the class act we used to have. It started during the end of the Shanahan erra and seems to continue. I am a soldier in the U.S. Army and I find the Bronco's Salute to be a tribute to all those that serve as well as a classy way to celebrate. I brought up Hillis only cause he is the only one I have seen Salute in the past few years. Now I might be mistaken and missed a person here or there but he does it on a regular basis.

Daniel Graham also Saluted. He is one who grew up a Bronco fan and respects the traditions of the Bronco's. I love watching him interviewed he knows the old timers as if he was a fan of the team and not just a player.

Thanks for clearing it up. I do disagree though. I don't think that the Mile High Salute is a lifelong Broncos tradition, it was something used for a couple of years. Not doing it doesn't make anyone classless and it doesn't mean that they're not following tradition. Hillis does it sometimes and it is a classy celebration, but the Broncos aren't becoming a classless organization. Some players make some mistakes that reflect bad on Denver but for the most part we're still one of the most successful organizations in the NFL. I'm sorry for taking what you said the wrong way, and I thank you for your service to our great country.

Where did you get 'color of his skin' from at ALLLLL in that post!?!?!?!?!

Man it pisses me off when people want to make EVERYTHING racists. THIS kind of thing, is what makes people make comments and not care. Because no matter what they say, someone is going spin it, or USE the race card.

I hardly make "EVERYTHING" racist. This is the first time I think I've ever said that on this board, or any board for that matter. The OP that I was upset with made it sounds like Moreno (a black player) was classless because he doesn't do the Mile High Salute and Hillis (a white player) does it and isn't "getting a chance" to play. Maybe he's not getting his chance to play because he's not as good as Moreno. He's a pretty good FB and he was a good RB when we needed him to be our emergency back. The time he did get to play this year, he wasn't that great. I apologize if I took it the wrong way (which I obviously did) but at first glance it definitely looked like a race issue to me. According to the OP that I responded to every player who doesn't do the Mile High Salute or didn't grow up a Broncos fan is classless and that's what bothered me. Either way, I apologize if I offended anybody, it's just the way I saw it at first glance.

broncophan
02-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Obviously we can't get into his head and find out, but do you guys think we'll see the salute from Moreno down the road?

I'd also like to use my first post to say hi to everyone. Good to be apart of the board. :rapture:

Hi.....and welcome .......not sure about the salute....but I hope Moreno scores a whole lot of td's for the broncos throughout his career....

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
It's heartbreaking that the mile high salute is gone. I blame roger baddell.

Italianmobstr7
02-27-2010, 03:46 PM
It's heartbreaking that the mile high salute is gone. I blame roger baddell.

lol, why would you blame Goodell? The Mile High Salute isn't a restricted celebration. If you want to blame someone, blame the players that don't do it... They have the choice, they just choose not to.

PKchamp13
02-27-2010, 04:24 PM

I wasn't comparing him to TD.

Other guys who have done the salute recently were Mike Anderson and Hillis.

hotcarl
02-28-2010, 02:02 AM
who gives a shit

DenBronx
02-28-2010, 02:24 AM
how in Gods green earth is the mile high salute a "white thing" when a black man helped originate it?

and it doesnt matter what color he is as long as he is wearing orange and blue!!!

PKchamp13
02-28-2010, 02:24 AM
who gives a shit

You don't. Feel better?