PDA

View Full Version : Things I DO and DON'T want to hear about this year's draft picks.

Ziggy
03-20-2008, 10:37 AM
There are a few key phrases that I do and don't want to hear about this year's draft picks by the Broncos.

Things I DO NOT want to hear:
1. Lacks instincts
2. Hasn't shown much thus far, but has a ton of potential
3. May have trouble adjusting to the pro scheme
4. Doesn't really have one true position, but can play a few.
5. Tends to take plays off, or..... not an every down player

Things I DO want to hear:
1. Motor never stops
2. Plays every down
3. Great insticts
4. Has a nose for the ball
5. Loves to play the game
6. Has shown great leadership

The Broncos have had talent, now let's see some heart. Draft some old school type football players. How about putting some more guys on this team that love the game of football. The kind that if they were told they could play pro football, but they wouldn't be paid much much, would say , "Hell yeah!" I know that they are far and few between these days.... but there has to be a few left....doesn't there?

Fan in Exile
03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Nice first post, welcome to the forumn.

underrated29
03-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I would also like to add:

has some injury concerns, but might not feel the effects anymore.

Thats a big red flag i am tired of hearing.

Unless its dorsey!

UnderArmour
03-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't mind these.
3. May have trouble adjusting to the pro scheme(Heard this about Elvis)
4. Doesn't really have one true position, but can play a few(I don't think versatility is a bad thing)

So long as there are these..
1. Motor never stops
2. Plays every down
3. Great instincts

lex
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM
There are a few key phrases that I do and don't want to hear about this year's draft picks by the Broncos.

Things I DO NOT want to hear:
1. Lacks instincts
2. Hasn't shown much thus far, but has a ton of potential
3. May have trouble adjusting to the pro scheme
4. Doesn't really have one true position, but can play a few.
5. Tends to take plays off, or..... not an every down player

Things I DO want to hear:
1. Motor never stops
2. Plays every down
3. Great insticts

The Broncos have had talent, now let's see some heart. Draft some old school type football players. How about putting some more guys on this team that love the game of football. The kind that if they were told they could play pro football, but they wouldn't be paid much much, would say , "Hell yeah!" I know that they are far and few between these days.... but there has to be a few left....doesn't there?

Its not enough that this is our approach to free agents?

dogfish
03-20-2008, 05:04 PM
i agree, i've been saying for years now that we need more guys with some grit and intensity. . . .

glenn dorsey, trevor laws, jonathon stewart, dan connor, tashard choice, owen schmitt, jeff otah, gosder cherilus, jordy nelson, reggie smith, jordan dizon, bryan kehl, ray rice, curtis lofton, ahtyba rubin and john greco are some good examples of the kind of "plays through the whistle" guys i'd like to see us bring in. . . when this team was at it's peak we had a bunch of hard-nosed, professional guys-- it would be nice to get back to that. . . IMO, this team as a whole has lacked heart for a while now. . .