PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno Involved In A Fight In Georgia

getlynched47
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/022410/cop_566864743.shtml

A University of Georgia student who was in a fight Saturday night in downtown Athens claims NFL running back Knowshon Moreno punched him out, but authorities aren't sure who threw the punch, Athens-Clarke police said.

The 18-year-old student didn't report the assault until Monday afternoon, and only after he "sought advice from friends," according to the police report.
Workers at the UGA health clinic told the student Monday that he had a concussion, and he filed a police report the same afternoon. But police aren't sure what happened; the student was drunk at the time of the fight, and his friends filled in the details for him later.
The victim said he was at Bourbon Street bar on East Broad Street after midnight Saturday when three other men jumped him, according to police. Friends were helping him leave the bar when Moreno ran up and punched him once in the face, the student told police.
"We developed information through a third party that Moreno said that he was struck first," police Capt. Clarence Holeman said. "We're in the process of trying to obtain statements from everyone concerned, including Moreno."
Moreno, who was at the bar Saturday night, spoke voluntarily with investigators Tuesday afternoon at the Lexington Road police headquarters.
Moreno was a star player for the Bulldogs in the 2007 and 2008 seasons, and last year rushed for nearly 1,000 yards as a rookie with the Denver Broncos.

No, he's not a thug. Keep those stupid ass comments out of this thread. I'd believe Knowshon Moreno 10000000 times before believing a severely drunk college student who needed his friends to fill him in. As far as I'm concerned, it was self defense and Knowshon knocked that guy's ass out. Good for him. :salute:

dogfish
02-24-2010, 06:02 PM
kid shouldn't have been mouthin' off about the chargers. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/uga/former-bulldog-knowshon-moreno-326737.html

A UGA freshman claims he was knocked unconscious Saturday night by former Bulldog tailback Knowshon Moreno following a bar fight in downtown Athens.

Athens-Clarke County Police spokeswoman Hilda Sorrow said Stephen Anderson, 18, filed a report late Monday afternoon after consulting with friends. He said he was diagnosed with a concussion earlier in the day at the UGA Health Center, which may explain his foggy memory.

Anderson, who acknowledged he was drunk, couldn't identify the three men he claims jumped him inside the Bourbon Street Bar on Broad Street. He did not know if Moreno, who left UGA after the 2008 season, was among the attackers.

But Anderson, or at least his friends who filled in a night of blanks, was certain that Moreno punched the freshman in the face as he left the bar.

The Athens Banner-Hearld reports that Moreno, who rushed for nearly 1,000 years with the Denver Broncos last season, told police he was struck first. So far no charges have been brought though the investigation continues.

Nomad
02-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Keep beatin up the drunk youngsters Moreno and :beer:to another 1000 years of rushing for the BRONCOS!!:D

yardog
02-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Keep beatin up the drunk youngsters Moreno and :beer:to another 1000 years of rushing for the BRONCOS!!:D

nearly a 1,000 :tsk:

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2010, 06:23 PM
I bet he went down with the first hit.

Northman
02-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Yea, generally a concussion will make you forget a few things. still, its something that i wish our players would avoid.

Dean
02-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I bet he went down with the first hit.

Who? Moreno?

:D

Broncolingus
02-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Maybe he in training to be the next Vai Sikahema...

LRtagger
02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Shouldn't the investigation focus more on the bar that got an 18 year old obliterated?

dogfish
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Shouldn't the investigation focus more on the bar that got an 18 year old obliterated?

no. . .

killjoy!

broncohead
02-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Was going to say the same thing. The reason it wasn't reported right away cause he was afraid to get into trouble. His own fault if you ask me.

jrelway
02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
dumb kid probably got drunk and mouthed off. thats how college boys do. maybe its a hard lesson learned.

BroncoWave
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM

If they investigated New Orleans bars for that every single one of them would go out of business. :lol:

Of course, that's probably true for every college bar in America. Lots of college bars let in 18 year olds but don't serve them, but it's incredibly easy to just give your money to someone who can by you a drink.

And even if they are 21+ it's not that hard to get a good fake ID if you're willing to pay for it.

I really don't think there's much they can investigate the bar for. If the bar followed protocol and the guy got by it, there really isn't anything else the bar could have done.

dogfish
02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
dumb kid probably got drunk and mouthed off. thats how college boys do. maybe its a hard lesson learned.

or it would be if he could remember it, anyway. . .

Ravage!!!
02-24-2010, 09:18 PM
still could be something he will get into trouble with the NFL for, however.

LRtagger
02-24-2010, 09:21 PM
If they investigated New Orleans bars for that every single one of them would go out of business. :lol:

Of course, that's probably true for every college bar in America. Lots of college bars let in 18 year olds but don't serve them, but it's incredibly easy to just give your money to someone who can by you a drink.

And even if they are 21+ it's not that hard to get a good fake ID if you're willing to pay for it.

I really don't think there's much they can investigate the bar for. If the bar followed protocol and the guy got by it, there really isn't anything else the bar could have done.

Ok so if the kid used a fake ID or asked his friends (possibly the same ones who pieced together this story for him since he was too drunk to remember for himself), I would say that would hurt his credibility just a tad.

In other words, he is pressing charges against someone he thinks did something he doesn't remember while he himself was doing something illegal. I'm guessing this doesn't go very far.

dogfish
02-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Ok so if the kid used a fake ID or asked his friends (possibly the same ones who pieced together this story for him since he was too drunk to remember for himself), I would say that would hurt his credibility just a tad.

In other words, he is pressing charges against someone he thinks did something he doesn't remember while he himself was doing something illegal. I'm guessing this doesn't go very far.

LMAO

pretty much. . .

weazel
02-25-2010, 11:01 AM
drunken bar fights are classy

camdisco24
02-25-2010, 11:22 AM
this made it onto TMZ somehow....

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/25/broncos-rb-off-the-hook-in-assault-case/

Oh well, at least its not drugs, or something worse.

EMB6903
02-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Yea, generally a concussion will make you forget a few things. still, its something that i wish our players would avoid.

exactly...putting himself in that situation where the people he's involved with are beating up teenagers? I'm not saying he's a thug but the kid isn't the brightest of the bunch.

Apollo
02-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Simply ridiculous how players can rarely stay out of trouble in the off-season. If their lives are THAT dependant on Football to keep them out of trouble, I suggest they seek a therapist ASAP.

Ravage!!!
02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Simply ridiculous how players can rarely stay out of trouble in the off-season. If their lives are THAT dependant on Football to keep them out of trouble, I suggest they seek a therapist ASAP.

YOu have 20-something year old millionairs with no kids, no wife, no job (right now), and are looked up to as super-stars everywhere they go. What do you think will happen? GIve that kind of money and fame to anyone, and it gives a lot of opportunity for trouble.

Lonestar
02-25-2010, 06:16 PM
YOu have 20-something year old millionairs with no kids, no wife, no job (right now), and are looked up to as super-stars everywhere they go. What do you think will happen? GIve that kind of money and fame to anyone, and it gives a lot of opportunity for trouble.

Precisely why I do not want Marshall in this team as a gazillionaire. He was stupid at 400k a year

Ravage!!!
02-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Precisely why I do not want Marshall in this team as a gazillionaire. He was stupid at 400k a year

To which their own. I would be more willing to have a bird in the hand than two in the bush.

OrangeHoof
02-25-2010, 06:28 PM
How drunk do you have to be to pick a fight with a professional football player? Did this kid have a death wish?

broncobryce
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Let he who has no sin cast the first stone...........

Apollo
02-25-2010, 06:34 PM

Would he rather not keep those millions with the world at his feet, rather than get in trouble over some retard?

Ravage!!!
02-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Would he rather not keep those millions with the world at his feet, rather than get in trouble over some retard?

Hey, I'm not saying he's right. I'm just saying that the reality is.. you give a kid lots of time and lots of money....they make immature choices. Thats just reality. NFL football player or not.

Apollo
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, I'm not saying he's right. I'm just saying that the reality is.. you give a kid lots of time and lots of money....they make immature choices. Thats just reality. NFL football player or not.

Fair enough, but you'd hope he was mature enough to realise fights are never a good thing. There are other "Not so good" things he could be doing that would avoid him being shot tbf :D

broncobryce
02-25-2010, 06:41 PM

Everyone knows the people saying these things are perfect, and never did anything wrong when they were in they're early twenties. Nobody even knows what happened, so why judge him until you know the story?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-25-2010, 07:04 PM
The offseason is boring as hell. Dogfish, Nomad, Northman...How many bar fights have the three of you been in? Boooooooring